LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers June 14-June 20

Kristinx
06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
No one here yet huh?

Well I think I finally got the motivation and kick in the pants I need to lose this weight!

I got engaged on Friday night!! We plan to get married May 22 so I figure I need to lose as much as I can before dress shopping December/January.

Weight Watchers is going good so far...I counted points and realized how mcuh more I was eating than I thought...and I actually dropped weight over the weekend...a first for me I thinK!

I took a break from the 30 day challenge over the weekend...I figured I'd give my ankle a couple days to rest and it would get better and I could get back to the program Monday...well it is Monday and my ankle has not gotten better, only worse. I think I need to go to the hospital today and get it checked....the pain is just radiating up my leg now and was waking me up all night...hopefully it's nothing serious and we can get all healed up and back on track!

sweetandspicy
06-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Good monday morning to Kristin and everyone else yet to come. I did meet my Birthday goal on Saturday a loss of 1.8 pounds. I am at my half way point of my original goal of loosing 60 pounds. I of course need to loose more than 60 but I am concentratng on 60 for now and just getting under 200. I did get measured on Saturday and I have lost a total of 16 1/2 inches well really closer to 22 because they only count one thigh which is strange because I lost inches in both and actually a 1/2 inch more in my right thigh, odd but I will take what I can get. The funny thing is that I wear only one size smaller in jeans. Shirts/skirts/dress are about 2 sizes smaller at most stores. I suppose I just thought I would be a smaller size by now. Oh well I am more than happy that I am loosing and keeing it off and just can not wait to loose more adn be able to wear everything in my closet. I am stepping up the exercise this week and hopefully that will help. I walked/jogged for 45 minutes last night pushing a stroller.

KristinX- I hope it is nothing serious with your ankle. Congrats on your weightloss over the weekend and on your engagement!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

JerseyMadchen
06-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Kristin- CONGRATS!!!!!!!:congrat:

JLem311
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
congrats kristin! :) how exciting! hope you get your ankle looked at and taken care of.

amym--congrats on your loss! awesome inches loss too!

hi amyVA! :)

my weekend was good. :) onto another week.

jewljz
06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Kristin - Congratulations! How exciting!!!

AmyM - wierd thing about weightloss - sizes don't always change at the times you think they will... there was a period of of time there that I was not losing, but it was like my body was catching up with the numbers and I went down a size - this actually happened twice during my weightloss. Just keep trying the stuff on, its motivational when different sizes start fitting! Also, it helped me alot to get rid of the bigger stuff, I did this pretty often and am now more motivated by the fact that if I gain I won't have clothes to wear.

Last week was pretty calm for me, no activities with the kids, no running around like a crazy person... this week it all starts again, I have back to back swim lessons for the little ones right after work!!! I think I'm gonna try that 5 hour energy stuff! Has anyone tried it?

JLem311
06-15-2009, 11:32 AM
hey amyVA...do you wanna start an exercise challenge?

I just got on my elliptical for the first time since Aug when I got pregnant. it felt great! DH and I are gonna start up our workout challenge again too.

Repo girl
06-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Congrats Kristin!!

lizababe
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Congratulations Kristin! You're going to look beautiful at your wedding!

Also congrats Amy M. Two sizes down is a big difference!

I'm still struggling with the same 5 lbs since the start of this. Worked my tail off all weekend. Saturday we went to the Getty Villa Museum and did a lot of walking. Not enough up all of the stairs, I'm ashamed to admit I took the elevator. Usually I'm all over a chance to get some extra exercise in. Yesterday was cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. These weekends need to be longer darnit.

Good morning everyone... here's to a POP week!

Dan2112
06-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Morning ladies!

Congrats Kristin!!! Very cool indeed!

Well, the kids are off spending a week at camp, so Liz and I will have to be careful not to stray too far off the diet path without them around.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our 14th anniversary... So we'll we doing something nice for dinner.. Not sure what it will be yet, but we'll try to keep it healthy!

JerseyMadchen
06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey guys!

Jillian- Iam totally on board. I actually just commented about that on FB! What do you think? I am up for anything. I gained back the 3 lb loss as this past weekend was horrible. There was family in town and let me say a LOT of eatting out. And not appropriately. I am so excited we can be doing this together!

Hello to everyone!

JLem311
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
ok, so i'm gonna commit to doing 3 days on the elliptical this week and 2 days of weights/ab work. :)

JLem311
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
oh..and where has nicole been? and amylou, and who else am i forgetting? there's tons of us that aren't showing! what's up with that?

Hoochie
06-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Congratulations Kristin!

Aghhh, it's Monday and it's so nice out that I shouldn't be at work!! Oh well, I did have a good weekend. It just went too quick. I have a week of holidays in July and I can't wait. I am in need of away time from the office.

Well just thought I would check in and say hello to everyone....HELLO!

cecil
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Jillian I am so up for a workout Challenge! I just signed up for a boot camp at my gym. It starts 07/06 through 08/06 every Tues and Thurs from 5:30 to 6:30am. Whoo! Crazy early but I am super pumped!

Congrats KRISTEN!!!! Soo jealous! HA!

BarbaraB
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Kristin, how exciting about the engagement! I hope the ankle is nothing serious.

AmyM, I found that the smaller the size, the less difference between sizes, so the next size you will not need to drop as much weight or inches.

Cecil, I was thinking just this morning that I need to up the exercise to feel good about wearing summer clothes. I don't exactly have Michelle Obama arms.

lizababe
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAN AND LIZ! Hope you have a wonderful time together no matter what you do today!

JLem311
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
where is everyone?

Kristinx
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
yeah...where is everyone??

JLem311
06-16-2009, 01:42 PM
i had my 6wk checkup today. nothing major to report.
it's rainy/cloudy here today. i hope t-ball doesn't get rained out tonight!

Hoochie
06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
OMG We just had the wildest rain storm. I have never seen anything like it here before. I am going to have get my cute little feet wet to get to my car...
I guess barbequing is out tonight. Hmmm time for some creative healthy cooking.
Talk to you later

Joan

Mama Nicole
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Good morning all :) Ok, now that I finally am getting around to posting this, it is dinner time, but what the heck :)

Kristin……a kick in the pants…..:lol:. I love it. Congrats on your engagement. Enjoy this tie……I love my getting ready for the wedding memories :)

Amy M…….what an accomplishment…..halfway to goal is incredible. I have found, in my yo yo sizing, that it takes me to get under 200 b4 the sizes start dropping more dramatically. I think we secretly squeeze into our clothes when we are in the 200 club……oh, that and they are really roomy and forgiving. WTG!!!

Hi JerseyAmy and Katie, Liza and Dan……..congrats on 14 years :)

Jillian……..I am here….now. I was at my Mom’s for 10 days. We got home last night. I am buried in work here, but I haven’t gotten the umph to start it yet. Good for you for getting on that elliptical. It will make you feel so good. And how awesome that DH is going to join your challenge. I really like that guy :)

Hi Joan :)

Cecilia……..I think you are half crazy for signing up for early morning bootcamp…….but I am so happy for you.

Hey Barbara……how’s everything going?

Ok ladies……I have a very serious question. Can I put 11 yo DD on LAWL? We traveled home from Wisconsin yesterday, and it was just my 13 yo, 11 yo, and baby Maria in my car (we had to take two cars cuz DH didn’t know for sure if he would be able to stay the entire work cuz of some major projects he had going for work)….anyway…..11 yo DD is so down about being chunky. She is about 5 feet tall and weighs 160 lbs. She asked me if I would help her get rid of her belly. She said she is tired of people not liking her cuz she is fat. I about died. We talked for a very long time, and I think she kind of realizes that people don’t dislike her because o her size…….but if you think back…that is when it started for most of us………and life was so miserable. Now, I don’t want to be on of those mom’s who, “puts,” her kid on a diet…….and I explained the concept of eating healthy and getting exercise through play as a child, and how wonderful you feel when you make your health a priority…..and that the pants size and/or scale results follow……but you know all she is thinking about is getting skinny. It is hard for we as adults to wrap our minds around that concept….let alone an 11 yo. She is quite active in the summer…..she swims and rides bikes everywhere. I told her she coud probably gain a ton of energy and maybe lose 5 or 10 pounds over the course of the summer………but that she has a growing body, and she may not lose any pounds, just grow taller. She seemed soooooo relived and excited when I told her I would help her……and she wanted to know how many calories she should eat and all that c rap…..and I just told her I would help her figure out what a proper portion size is and help ensure that she gets all of her veggiess, fruits, and proteins in. I told her if she ate all of those things, then the rest would be a bit more flexible. I know little girls start this dieting crap around age 10……and that often times they try their own diets……and they are very neducated. So……tell me it is ok to have her do this and log her foods…..and to let her think she is on a diet. When I left for the grocery store this a.m., she said, “make sure you get stuff for my diet, ok mom!” Anyway……..since she is so excited about doing this, I am going to be forced to also. Pretty sad that it takes my son asking me to only smoke on Saturdays to get me to quit, and my 11 yo DD asking me if she can go on a diet to take a real look in the mirror. I feels o weak.

Ok, enough about that……..and I should probably run. I think Amylou is pretty busy getting ready for her wedding. I am sure once life slows down a bit, she will be back.

I miss Joni too :)

Ok, time to get back to work here. Oh, one more thing…….I was super naughty and made Kristy Kreme copycat doughnuts while on vacation………..SINFUL!!!!

Oh, and JerseyAmy……..the breadsticks were a HUGE hit at Emily’s grad party. I made 400 stinkin’ breadsticks, and came home with only 2 dozen. Thanks again for the recipe :)
XOXO

Kristinx
06-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Nicole, i think it's really good to teach your daughter to be healthier now. I always wished my Mom did that for me, but instead I saw her yo-yo diet and give me whatever junk I asked for...she spoiled me, and I love her for that but it is tough changing those habits when you are older.
You're right about not focusing on the weight too much. I remember when I was 11 I was like 4'9 and 125 lbs...and fat...a year later I still thought I was fat, not realizing that I stayed the same weight but grew to 5'5 in a year LOL.....young girls have such messed up images of their own bodies.
I wouldn't focus too much on a "diet". Encourage the playtime and getting out exercising and maybe just don't have bad foods in the house often, etc.. I'm not sure really....I'm not a mother and little girls can be so fragile emotionally...you can only show them how much you love them and try to do the best, even when ur not sure what's best!

Mama Nicole
06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
:hug:

lizababe
06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Nicole, I think the discussion you had with your daughter and the conscious effort you are putting into helping her is wonderful! I have worries too about my daughter who has always been underweight until now. While she's still at a healthy weight for her height and age, she's just on that verge of overweight. No more PE in school to keep her active and she's a homebody. That was what pushed me into getting a Wii so she could have something active to do indoors that is fun. It's working, she's been playing it A LOT and it forces her to move around. Maybe you could consult the pediatrician about serving sizes appropriate for an 11 year old. Also as Kristin recalled with her youth, most girls go through that pudgy stage at 11 and then hit a growth spurt so some of it should naturally come off as long as she remains active.

So Mini Me and I have decided to go vegetarian. I was ready to go back to that lifestyle a year ago but Mini Me just couldn't give up her burgers and carne asada. I'll admit I enjoyed them too. This time she made the decision that she was ready so this is our first meatless week. Technically I'm going "Pescatarian" since I am still eating fish.

I was vegetarian before Mini Me was born and didn't do the "meatless meat" products because it seemed silly to me and they had A LOT of fat and sodium in them. This time around I decided to try a few things from Trader Joes to wean us into the meat free lifestyle and I have to say they've really improved.

Now that said, anyone have an LAWL vegetarian plan for red?

Mama Nicole
06-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Oh, Liza........Jillian will have a ton of ideas for you. She is a vegetarian :) And how funny you should mention Trader Joe's......I jsut saw an ad for them that advertises meatless corn dogs.........YUM!

lizababe
06-17-2009, 01:48 AM
I haven't seen the meatless dogs but we tried the meatless meatballs tonight with spaghetti. If you bake them instead of simmering them in sauce and then top with the sauce they're pretty good!

Repo girl
06-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Nicole- My heart just aches for your daughter. I think that you are a wonderful mom, and that you are doing a great job with her. There is NOTHING wrong with teaching her how to be healthy now!

Luckybustert
06-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Well I think I finally got the motivation and kick in the pants I need to lose this weight!
I got engaged on Friday night!! We plan to get married May 22 so I figure I need to lose as much as I can before dress shopping December/January.
Weight Watchers is going good so far...I counted points and realized how mcuh more I was eating than I thought...and I actually dropped weight over the weekend...a first for me I thinK!
I took a break from the 30 day challenge over the weekend...I figured I'd give my ankle a couple days to rest and it would get better and I could get back to the program Monday...well it is Monday and my ankle has not gotten better, only worse. I think I need to go to the hospital today and get it checked....the pain is just radiating up my leg now and was waking me up all night...hopefully it's nothing serious and we can get all healed up and back on track!
Kristinx – congratulations on your engagement! And I hope your ankle gets better real soon.
I did meet my Birthday goal on Saturday a loss of 1.8 pounds. I am at my half way point of my original goal of loosing 60 pounds.
Amy – Happy Belated Birthday! And great job both on meeting your Birthday goal and reaching your half way point on your original goal!

I think I'm gonna try that 5 hour energy stuff! Has anyone tried it?
Jeweljz – not sure what 5 hour energy stuff you’re talking about, but would urge caution with any of those types of products. Have you tried Vitamin B-12? When my energy really tanks I let one of those dissolve under my tongue and it seems to help. I use the Solaray brand 2000 mcg – got it at Whole Foods. It’s on sale right now at drugstore.com.

I just got on my elliptical for the first time since Aug when I got pregnant. it felt great! DH and I are gonna start up our workout challenge again too.
Jillian – good job getting your exercise program up and running! I’m getting mine back in gear this week too. Have done 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the recumbent bike the past two days……hoping it’s the start of a habit I just can’t give up :)

I'm still struggling with the same 5 lbs since the start of this. Worked my tail off all weekend. Saturday we went to the Getty Villa Museum and did a lot of walking. Not enough up all of the stairs, I'm ashamed to admit I took the elevator. Usually I'm all over a chance to get some extra exercise in. Yesterday was cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. These weekends need to be longer darnit.

Liza – I’m in total agreement with you that the weekends need to be longer!! Are you on a colored plan or a numbered one? If you are still struggling with the same 5 pounds since starting, the first thing I would try is reducing starches – in other words, if you’re on a numbered plan try switching to the more protein-centric colored plans. You also might want to see a naturopath – problems with candida (very common in people who eat a lot of processed foods and/or have taken a lot of antibiotics) can inhibit weight loss. Alternatively, you could try an anti-candida diet yourself to see if it helps – plenty of information about it on the web. The first 2 to 3 days feel kind of icky as you’re experiencing die-off, but after that it’s normal to feel an increase in energy. I think we already talked about thyroid testing. I’d also see a naturopath for this. I’d been having mine tested for years and my traditional doctor kept saying it was “within the normal range”. My naturopath took one look at my lab results and said according to all the studies she’d read, and in her personal experience, when it got as low as mine was a person would feel like crap and wouldn’t be able to lose weight. I’m now on a low dose of Armour to give it a boost. And I’ve lost 10.2 pounds so far – woo hoo! Finally heading in the right direction!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our 14th anniversary... So we'll we doing something nice for dinner.. Not sure what it will be yet, but we'll try to keep it healthy!
Dan – a belated Happy Anniversary to you and your wife! Congratulations!!

Jillian- Iam totally on board. I actually just commented about that on FB! What do you think? I am up for anything. I gained back the 3 lb loss as this past weekend was horrible. There was family in town and let me say a LOT of eatting out. And not appropriately. I am so excited we can be doing this together!
Amy – the occasional slip isn’t fatal to your weight loss plans. It’s what you do the majority of the time that really makes a difference. Get back on plan and you’ll find that 3 pounds you gained will quickly disappear along with a few more like it! :)
Aghhh, it's Monday and it's so nice out that I shouldn't be at work!! Oh well, I did have a good weekend. It just went too quick. I have a week of holidays in July and I can't wait. I am in need of away time from the office.

Joan – I could use some time away from the office too! I do have some time scheduled at the end of July/beginning of August. Hubby is taking me to Vegas for our anniversary….and we have tickets to see Rod Stewart while we’re there and really good seats so I’m a happy camper. Last night I was planning our meals and entertainment for the week…..my plan is to low-carb while I’m in Vegas, as that’s been a successful strategy in the past…..otherwise, I’d have a date with a huge honkin’ piece of cheesecake at the Carnegie Deli at the Mirage…..oh it’s good, insanely good…..and this will be the first trip in a long time where I’m just not going to have any of it. There will be other cheesecakes. :)
I just signed up for a boot camp at my gym. It starts 07/06 through 08/06 every Tues and Thurs from 5:30 to 6:30am. Whoo! Crazy early but I am super pumped!

Cecilia – I have a coworker who went from my size to looking absolutely incredible by doing a boot camp program at her gym. She had more reasonable hours though….did it over her lunch hour. I’m not sure any amount of motivation or dynamite could blast me out of bed in time to be at a 5:30am exercise class, but I admire those of you who can do it!

I don't exactly have Michelle Obama arms.
Barbara - I haven’t quite gotten my head wrapped around arms being the new sexy feature for women….I mean really, it’s not normally the first thing that is noticed on a woman. Kind of made me wonder how many features had to be passed up before they got to her arms? (Ok,ok…. I’ll behave. She does have good muscle tone in her arms. And I don’t exactly have Michelle Obama arms either. More like Aunt Jemima arms, truth be told.)

Ok ladies……I have a very serious question. Can I put 11 yo DD on LAWL? We traveled home from Wisconsin yesterday, and it was just my 13 yo, 11 yo, and baby Maria in my car (we had to take two cars cuz DH didn’t know for sure if he would be able to stay the entire work cuz of some major projects he had going for work)….anyway…..11 yo DD is so down about being chunky.

Nicole – I think LAWL is a very sound program nutritionally, and I think now is the time to be teaching your daughter healthy eating habits. I would be careful about encouraging her to “diet”, though – it’s not uncommon for pre-teens and teens to develop eating disorders in their quest to feel more attractive or more in control of their bodies. So I guess I think it’d be fine for her to follow the plan, but maybe not so good to let her think she is on a “diet”. Being on a diet implies it is a temporary thing and she will return to eating as she did before. It may be helpful to frame it as learning healthy eating habits that will help her achieve and maintain her ideal weight? Developing a healthy relationship with food can be a real challenge. Also, is it possible to get her involved in sports or some type of physical activity? That could eliminate the need to “diet” altogether.

And WOW - I think I might be caught up with everyone and everything now. If I missed anyone, sorry and HELLO!!! Hope it's a great week for all :)

sweetandspicy
06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Good Wednesday Morning to you all!!

Nicole- I agree with everyone else. Lost of great advice. I to had that weight gain at about 11 that evened out well by 13 but when you are 11 and see all your skinny friends it is hard to understand. Swimming is great it works your entire body, get her in that pool and that will help a lot. It is easier to loose weight when you are younger so that is a plus for her. Now what I have figured out with LA is the portions are really just the actually serving size we are suppose to have. So if you concentrate on getting her fruits, veggies and protein in the other things focus on having her eat the actual serving size that is not dieting that is teaching great healthy habits. She can even read the labels herself and see hey a serving size of wheat thins is 12 crackers. If you open the box grab a few, grab a few more next thing you know you have probably eaten 3-4 serving sizes without even realizing it because they are crackers (at least that used to be me). If my mother would have taken the time to help me realize these things at 11 I pobably would not be in the situation I am in right now. It is so hard to be 11 right now, the pressure of fitting in, media attention on being thin and all those hormones.

Liza- good for you on the meat thing. I am slowly working towards that too. I have not had red meat in 14 weeks so that is a start and you are right about the new meatless products they have improved greatly. The wii can be a wonderful tool for children. I agree just keep her active that will help so much.

My oldest just turned 14 and he has put on so much weight this past year, he looks healthy but he is so close to getting chunky. he tried out for football and did not make it so this summer he has been lazy so far, I am just hoping he gains some height and it evens out. it has to be frustrating to have 4 other brothers who eat the same as you and they are all too skinny. I wish I was younger but certainly not that young!!

JLem311
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
morning all. i have so much to do today, i hope that baby X will cooperate and let me get it all done..including running some errands. ha.

liza--good for you for going meat-free! :) i love the morningstar farms and quorn products. yes, the sodium is a bit high with some, but as long as you don't eat too much of it too often, it works out. i also eat a variety of stuff that has lots of protein and is meat-free. lentils (i make a killer spicy veggie lentil soup!) natual peanut butter with flaxseed, soymilk, cottage cheese or string cheese (even though i'm lactose intolerant, i can tolerate small amounts), slim fast, raw almonds, etc. hope that helps.

Repo girl
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Liza- Kudos on going veg. I have wanted to do it for a while now for spiritual reasons, but it is so hard to feed a growing family and cook meat for them. I have finally decided that I will just have to wait until they are older.

Hoochie
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Nicole- I think that listening to how your daughter felt must have brought you to tears. We always want our kids to be happy. I know that you will be there to help her. I think by helping her with food choices and having healthy snacks available to her, she will do well. I was always the skinny kid growing up and my sister always had weight problems. She always asks my Mom why she didn't help her more. It's funny though because now my sister is skinny and I struggle with my weight. Nicole I know you are an awesome Mom. Just continue to encourage your daughter!

Last night I went for a long walk. It was so nice...especially after the big rain storm. The sun came out along with a beautiful rainbow. We live in a beautiful Country.

Tomorrow I am taking a road trip with my son. We are flying to another city to pick up his first vehicle and we are driving home. Part of me is excited and part of me is so nervous. He is 16 and bought it first vehicle. I am so proud of him!

Okay gotta work, talk to you all soon!

Joan

lizababe
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Katie, I hear ya. That's why I didn't go back to the veggie lifestyle for so many years. My daughter LOVED meat. I still have to buy it for the dog since I cook for him. I try to make sure it is from a range free farm. I cried so much when I saw the videos of the cows at the slaughterhouse last year that were being dragged and prodded. I never wanted to be responsible for the torture of another soul like that again.

Thank you for all of the great replies too! This transition is pretty easy for me. I already eat more veggies than salads and have been getting the bulk of my protein from other sources. I gave up processed foods a long time ago. My concern is making sure my daughter does it right. She's not big on salads like I am. I told her to make sure she grabs a handful of peanuts a few times a day to make sure she's getting her protein. There is a girl who works with me that is vegetarian and has a terrible diet. She never has fresh veggies or fruit except when I bring them in and share with her. If she brings lunch, it's a cup of noodles. She's always mopey, moody and sad until someone gives her something healthy to eat and then she perks up a little. I told Mini Me I would probably wring her little neck if she acts like that and doesn't take care of herself ;) She's been taking the LAWL supplements with me and I'm guiding her in food choices so I don't think there's too much to worry about.

Ok, time to get off of the computer and onto the Wii. I've got some yoga and boxing to do before I go to work. I've been great about it so far this week and last night took the dog for a jaunt up not just one, but three large hills. yay!

JerseyMadchen
06-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey guys!

Just saying hey! I am about to go do my 30 mins on the treadmill. I have no idea how much or how long I am supposed to be on there. On MOnday I did 30 mins, which was 1.65 miles. I was out of breath and in a sweat by the end. I am sticking wih that for now.

Any Real Housewives fans?? I LOVED the NJ ones.. for obvious reasons! I am about to watch Dance your a$$ off' on Oxygen while I work out.

Have a great day guys!

jewljz
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Nicole - mypyramid.gov has some good guidelines for kids and portion sizes, but sometimes their links don't work, you have to be persistent about trying to get in there... I have a niece that is 10 and overweight, not severely, but enough to make her feel bad. I feel really bad for her because her mom acknowledges that they don't follow the proper diet, but won't do anything about it to help her out. She's always telling me how "skinny" I look and that she's going to go on a diet... I feel bad because I don't know how to respond to her...

Amy - I watched the NJ housewives, but missed the finale last night! I'm going to watch it tonight, I have it recorded.

I FINALLY tried a spin class and LOVED it! It felt so good to work up a good sweat, I was completely drenched by the end!

Kristinx
06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Well I just got back from the hospital and the good news is that my ankle is not broken, however it's a pretty bad sprain that could take up to a month to heal! UGH! So I'm gonna try to be really good, rest it as much as I can, ice it and follow doctor's orders so hopefully I can at least get back onto the elliptical soon...that seems like a good place to start being fairly low impact

Repo girl
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh, Kristin, that sucks! Hope you get feeling better soon. If you are into herbs, try getting some Arnica Montana cream to rub on it. It will help to heal faster!

JLem311
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
hello all. just finally getting on here. i've been running errands all morning. my sister is off work this whole week, so she helped me out by watching baby X for me, so i didn't have to deal with her being cranky while i was getting things done outside of the house! so that was good.

oh and the best thing ever...i slept for 11hrs last night! i went to bed around 7pm last night and woke up at 6am! :) DH took care of baby X the whole time. it was something i really needed. my mind/body was about to go completely crazy. so i feel much much better today than i have in awhile.

there were quite a few storms in SD and NE yesterday. one of the tornadoes in NE was very very close to my parents and brothers that live there, but thankfully, they weren't affected by the storms or tornadoes. there was alot of damage in other areas though. and the part of SD that we live in could have some bad storms hit tonight, hopefully not though! we'll see.

anyways..that's about it for me. baby X is watching a baby einstein dvd and getting restless, so i gotta go.

JLem311
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
for your viewing pleasure:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/awww.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/funwithauntie.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/smileygirl.jpg

Kristinx
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks Katie, I would be interested but I live in a very small town and it is very hard to find any sort of product like that...I doubt the drugstore would have it...

JerseyMadchen
06-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey guys!

Jillian- adorable as always!! THe facial expressions are priceless! She's a character!!

Kristin- sorry to hear about your ankle! Rest up so it doesn't get worse!!

I just got back from spending the day with DH. We had to go to Richmond for his interview, thentook our time coming back stopping in Charlottesville for lunch and shopping! Anytime I am near a TJMaxx, I HAVEto stop! My favorite store!!

Well, today was going to be an off day exercising day for me (no treadmill) but a friend called up to play tennis. I will NEVER say no to tennis!!! I will do some laps to start first too, to get more of a workout in!

It's funny, I was SOOO good and OP yesterday. TOday on the trip we had to pick somewhere to eat and it was KILLING me! I didn't want it to set me back. I am nowhere near my water for the day as I have been in the car and dont want to stop... oh well! I was better than I thought. We ended up at Chili's. I brought over half of my dinner home!

Well, off to eat something... and get ready for tennis!!!

Have a great night guys!!

Mama Nicole
06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Jillian.........your baby is sooo cute. You know, I had three of out five that were high maintainance infants. It gets really exhausting. Luckily, right around the time they started moving around, they lightened up.....around 4 months if I remember right. Hang in there girl.......and so happy for you that you got such a nice rest :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Nicole, My DD was also a chunky 11 year old. If yours is interested in dance or cheer or something active, sign her up. My DD started doing cheer and all that exercise slimmed her down for several years (until she needed foot surgery and had to quit). I recall about that age my mom signed my sister and I up for scottish dancing and all that jumping drove her crazy but we both slimmed down. I think you are right to focus mostly on eating healthy food. Maybe encourage her to give up junk food and sweets for the summer? Try to have a lot less of that in the house. No one is going to be harmed by a healthier diet.

Kristin, bummer about the ankle. You really have to rest it, but the good news is that the sprain is likely to heal faster than a stress fracture which I was worried you had. The elliptical does seem like a good first thing to try when you are free of pain again.

Julie, I love spin class! I do however own a gel seat to put on the bike that I bought on Amazon for 14$ and I recommend that a lot. I don't care that almost no one else in the class uses one....

Amy, Have a good tennis game. Be sure to drink lots of water while you are playing tennis, as it is probably pretty warm there in Virginia.

Jillian, what a sweet baby you have. Great that you got some sleep, as I imagine everything seems better today. They say lack of sleep can make us gain or retain weight also as it ups your stress hormones, so you just may be sleeping yourself thinner. Between that and getting back to exercise I imagine you'll be feeling really good.

Its been crazy busy at work lately. I was out of work and asked for more and must have asked too many people, since they all found something for me to do... Oh well, I'd rather be over busy than have nothing to do. I just can't stand that, and I have billable hours goals, so now I should be able to make them, as long as I can keep working to get the stuff done.

Kristinx
06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Gonna do Thursday weigh ins for a bit I think...might keep me more honest on weekends...knowing weigh in is closer....so since starting WW point counting on Friday...down 1.4 lbs...should be more I think but I am trying to remember I had a small loss the first time I did WW in the first week..then 5 lbs the next so we will see what happens...at least it is a loss! Been standing still for awhile...funny thing is this time that whole 1.4 was lost on the weekend and I just haven't budged since Monday even though I ate the flex points on the weekend...go figure...

JLem311
06-19-2009, 09:26 AM
morning all.

JerseyMadchen
06-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Morning guys!

Happy Friday! I am so glad it's the weekend! I finally get to spend some time with DH... then again, probably not. The weekend justFLIES by!

Well, I am fighting the urge to WI this morning. We'll see how that goes.

I am playing tennis again sort of like a double date tonight. DH is going to play with me, I cannot wait!!! A day of cleaning though... so off to get busy!

jewljz
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Barbara - here at work they have a few gel seats on the bikes, you just need to get there early enough to get one! I'm going to take another class today with a group of friends, should be fun :)

Ok, honesty time... up till now my weight had been fluctuating a few lbs during the week. This week the fluctuation moved up a couple of lbs. I'm going to true up my ticker so that you can see and set a new ticker. I am more determined than ever now to get to my original goal! I am so upset that I started gaining and never even met my goal. I am on the verge of not feeling good about my weight...

jewljz
06-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Amy - My sister is a HUGE tennis fanatic and she's so skinny, and NO, it's not her genes!!! Stay with it :)

Jillian - Glad you got some much needed rest ;)

JLem311
06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
i wish i had time to play tennis! boo!

JerseyMadchen
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Ok, weighed myself and lost 2 lbs since Monday!! I am hoping for another 2 lbs by Monday...

Yey!!

sweetandspicy
06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Great job Amy that is a great weight loss!!! Keep up the good work.

Good friday to you all. I have 5 hours until my vacation begins and it could not start soon enough. My boss has been giving me a hard time the last 2 days. This always happens when I am leaving for vacation i do not know why they resent me taking time off. But I will not worry about it just deal with it when I come back.,

sweetandspicy
06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I got cut off.

Jillian- baby X's pictures are adorable. Just love the little smile. Also I wish my DH would take the time to watch our baby so I can sleep. You are lucky

Interesting you all are talking about the gel seats. I just looked at them at Dick's Sporting goods last night. I was looking at a staionary bike and they were right beside them.

Well Hope everyone has a agreat Friday and an on plan weekend.
Might be hard on Fathers day but we can do it!!!
Happy FAthers day to Dan and everyones DAd's,Husbands ect...

lizababe
06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Good morning everyone!

Jillian, thanks for the baby X picture... she's so cute!

Congrats on the losses!

I'm dragging this morning. Seems to be a typical Friday thing for me where I get up and I just have no energy or motivation to exercise. I'm still going to get on the Wii and do some yoga for a bit but I think the arobics are out for today. While the sclae is showing the same 5 lbs up and down, I am noticing some changes. There's a BIG mirror in the lobby of my apartment building and when I first moved here in February I remember coming back from walking the dog and seeing my legs in that mirror. They were awful, jiggly blobby things. Noticed them last night after returning from the walk and now they have shape again and don't jiggle as much. Still not noticing any changes in the way my clothes fit but I'm convinced it will happen.

Barbara, Nicole, all Amy's, Kristin, Jewlz, Katie, Dan and anyone else I am missing - Have a great weekend!!!

BarbaraB
06-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Julie, Perhaps the extra exercise is causing you to retain a little water for a few days? It tends to make a person feel that the exercise is "not working" but it is a temporary thing. Don't be discouraged, just use the blip up as motivation to watch the food intake a bit closer and you'll see the scale move down again in no time. You've done so well, even if you didn't reach your original goal. Neither did I, but I'm happy where I'm at (most days). Be sure to drink a little more water too, as that might help.

JLem311
06-19-2009, 02:33 PM
congrats amy on losing 2lbs!

i got another workout in this week--that makes 3 so far! :)

jewljz
06-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Barbara - thanks for the encouragement. Workouts definitely affect my weight, I hope this is the reason for the "blip". I did another spin class today, this time a guy teacher with very strong legs... I had a hard time keeping up, but still an awesome workout!

As for the obsession with reaching my goal. When I was at 133 I did feel very comfortable with my weight... but the 5lbs on my short body makes a world of difference and I am back to feeling uncomfortable...

Mama Nicole
06-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Jillian........WTG oon that workout :)
xoxo

JLem311
06-20-2009, 09:25 AM
thanks nicole! :) i was shocked that baby X let me put her down for that long! :)

Mama Nicole
06-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Baby X is going to stick, isn't it? I think it's adorable........she won't even have to come up with a rap name......:lol:.

Repo girl
06-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Baby X is going to stick, isn't it? I think it's adorable........she won't even have to come up with a rap name......:lol:.

LOL :dizzy:

JLem311
06-20-2009, 09:49 PM
awesome nicole!! I 'bout peed because I was laughing so hard! DH was too! ha!!