Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 6/15

Gooooooood Morning Everyone!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!! Mine was great! Got some projects done (made some baby blankets for nieces and nephews that recently had babies), got yard work done, got grocery shopping done and also spent quality time with the family. Annnnnndd....got some exercise done in there too!! (woo me!! )

Now...to get moving on this drab Monday!! Stepped on the scale this morning, I'm down to 231....so that's a 4 pound loss for this past week....I'll take it!

Not a big day planned today, going to drudge along with work then get some time on the elliptical in this afternoon!

How's everyone's day out there so far?
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #2  

Another drab day!!! I did manage to get up and get my workout done and make the Bean lunch and drop her off from school. I am sittin down now before I get a few thing done around the house.

CONGRATS, LESLI ON YOUR LOSS! YOU FRIGGIN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am "trying" to stay off the scale for a week at a time. I usually weigh in every day so am going to try! We will see if it helps not having the ups and downs.

Well, off!! Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!!

Workout Song of the Day: Just Dance by Lady Gaga
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #3  

Wow Kimoko! A 4 lb. loss is amazing! Good job.

My weight has been stubborn for various reasons but last week I finally got that big drop on the scale I'd been expecting. Then, today, is my weigh in day and I had the highest weight I've seen all week. GRRRR! It's the days leading up to TOM and I always weigh heavier those days. Still, my morning weight was up 1.8 lbs. from the lowest weight I saw this week. It's amazing how much our weight can fluctuate in a single week, no? Good thing I'm also tracking inches because I've lost another 1/2 inch off my waist even though the scale isn't going anywhere fast.

After I get my workout in for the day I'm going to try and get my house clean. Again. You've got to love all the extra housecleaning summer brings (NOT!) I've also been sewing. I've made 2 pettiskirts and I'm hoping to finish a 3rd today. The girls adore them but they are a pain in the keister to sew!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

SO, I've lost 40 lbs. this last year, but I have been a shopping maniac. I think I just replace my obsessions, but now hubby's job is on the line and so we are trying to save money. I am kind of nervous about this summer and finding something to do other than eat or shop. What do you do with the kids (I have a 5 and 1 year old) that is free and doesn't involve food? I need some suggestions to keep busy this summer without gaining or spending.

I am trying to create a plan so I don't default to unhealthy choices.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

There are two birthdays in my office right now so there are both brownies AND a cake. They are in the copier room with is RIGHT NEXT TO MY OFFICE. The cake has nuts in it and I dislike the texture of whole nuts so I'm safe with that one. There's nothing wrong with the brownies, though, so I just have to keep my butt glued to my seat until they have all been scarfed up and are gone.

This weekend was awesome! Sunday was Dog Fest and Mr. Rebound and I went with our two rescue mutts. We met a friend of ours there with her two rescue huskies. We saw demonstrations by the K-9 unit and an agility team. We visited all the rescues and donated all the money we brought. We donated and got our dogs timed on the cop's radar gun. The one dog ran 19 mph and was one of the fastest dogs there. The other one (the fatty) trotted down the chute at a leisurely 7 mph. She didn't even break into a run!

The food choices weren't awesome, but I had planned for lots of points at lunch. I had a grilled chicken wrap and it didn't have very many ingredients so I was pretty able to calculate points for it when I got home. And since I didn't snack or have anything else at the park I was still able to enjoy a nice big dinner of baked sweet potato and buffalo grilled chicken.

I'm starting TOM so my weight hasn't budged over the last few days. I need to stop weighing myself every day, especially THIS week. I feel slimmer and my pants feel better even over the last 4 days, so I'm fairly certain it's just water. I'm hoping that I'll get even a teeny tiny loss on Friday. Then I'm pretty sure that if I have another good week I'll see THIS weeks hard work show up at NEXT weeks WI.

I hope all of you ladies have a WONDERFUL week!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all! I had a quiet weekend. Me and the boyfriend just stayed at home (trying to save money) and chilled out - just enjoying each others company. It was really nice considering just how flippin hot it was outside. LOL

We have begun the super fun remodeling project! (dripping with sarcasm)

I didn't get to the gym due to a back injury. I have a birth defect where the "holes" in my hips where my nerves (etc) run thru is much smaller than normal and it is super easy for me to pinch a nerve. Well, I was moving pieces of the wood we had removed from the walls and I twisted wrong and OUCH!!! So I'm in a lot of pain right now. Not much I can do about it other than use a heating pad and take tylenol. So I'm gonna have to rest for a few more days and then start back slowly with some pilates and yoga.

Other than that I am in good spirits. I have a positive can do attitude & I know I will be fine.

How about everyone else?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
SO, I've lost 40 lbs. this last year, but I have been a shopping maniac. I think I just replace my obsessions, but now hubby's job is on the line and so we are trying to save money. I am kind of nervous about this summer and finding something to do other than eat or shop. What do you do with the kids (I have a 5 and 1 year old) that is free and doesn't involve food? I need some suggestions to keep busy this summer without gaining or spending.

I am trying to create a plan so I don't default to unhealthy choices.
Google cheap summer fun or free summer fun to get stuff for your area.

Unfortunately I have to work, so I can't stay home with my girls, but there are a TON of things you can do. Some of our favorites include riding bikes, walking at the park (we have a community center with a track around a nice park for the kids), check your local roller rink for discounts, community pools, water ballon "fights" (you can get them at the dollar store), reading at the public library.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #8  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ladies,

Unfortunately, I have not been terribly motivated as of late. Work stress has been getting me down. I did manage to get out of the heat and take one of my dogs camping this weekend, which was great. I always burn LOTS of calories when camping. I really should try to do it most weekends.

I'm going to force my boyfriend to go walking with me and the dogs tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am really excited because I just signed up for a gym today. It has a cool kids play area and I am meeting with a trainer. I am also excited because it offers yoga every day. Since I have the summer off with the kids (I'm a teacher), I am looking forward to spending time there instead of at home eating or shopping. And my 5 year is taking swim lessons 4x a week so I will already be there and so no excuses. Now I just have to curb the eating. This is my first summer at this weight and I am kind of nervous because I eat if I am home all day. I hope this plan works well for me because I worked really hard to lose weight and I do not want to go back!
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

That's all...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Rileyozzy: There's a site you can sign up for free bowling for your kids...they can bowl 2 free games everyday all summer. I signed up and have been taking my son and he loves it! You can also get yourself a family pass (good for 4 adults, don't have to be "family", can be friends) for $24 bucks. You just pay it once and you can bowl with your kids all summer long as well! (not bad exercise, considering you're also getting famly time in as well!). The website is: www.kidsbowlfree.com

Thanks for all of the congrats on my weight loss!! I'm hoping to keep up through the rest of the year! Hopefully I can be rid of the pregnancy weight I gained by January, then focus on the weight I needed to lose before getting preggers!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote