View Full Version : Weekly Chat - June 15-21

blessedwithsarah
06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
New pages!:carrot:

Tejas
06-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Good Morning:

Thanks for starting us Paula.

I woke up to find a mother raccoon and her four babies having breakfast from my new sod. They had turned up at least 3/4 of it!!! Brazen creatures. I have pictures to identify them :lol: Ok, I hate the smell of mothballs but I'm getting some today and spreading them to see if that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to bring out the heavy artillery: Critter Ridder!!

So, I had a great NSV this morning. At spinning class someone referred to our class as "hard core." I laughed and said I'd never seen myself as a hard core spinner. She said "you are, baby, you are." :rofl:

That sets the whole day up to be just great.

I hope yours goes well too.

Rhonda

sloanie
06-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Mornin' chicks :cool:

Today is the day! I am going to:
A. eat only core foods
B. write down everything that I eat
C. keep track of my wpa's
D. drink plenty of water
E. try to get in some exercise, but remodeling might have to do

Rhonda-nothing is cuter that those little racoons, but having them undo all of your good sod is not so cute! Maybe it's time to have Sandra come up for a visit and practice her shooting on those little cuties!!!

Vickie-I love the idea of the smoothies. I think he will like those. The veggies will have to be pureed and added to other foods. You wouldn't believe what a veggie detective he is. If I make anything with minced onion and he spots even one, he won't eat it. He has been like this since he was an infant. I remember him gagging on green beans until his eyes poured tears. I just couldn't bear to keep shoving them in his mouth with him gagging and looking at me with tears streaming down his face :(

I have been looking at recipes to make things interesting. Eric gets 32 points, so it won't be too hard to come up with menus for him. I know he has to do this for himself, but he has no idea where to start. He has a gf, and I plan to get her in on this. She needs to lose weight, also.

GTG get busy. Wish me luck :carrot:

beach bum
06-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Feeling a lot better this morning,the headaches are gone,and so is the backache.

W-I this morning and I'm up 1,not going to change that ticker as it might be sodium lurking in my menu somewhere.

Paula-Thanks for starting us up this week.

Rhonda-Thanks my headache subsided,Think it was one of those sinus headaches that are so bothersome.Sorry about your little critters visiting your sod.Maybe that's the only way to get rid of them.

Sloane-Leo is fine,hes still in remission.He just had cataract surgeries in both eyes, and he can see doesn't need glasses for diving anymore.Thanks I thought I put a face to the post.

Hope COCO has a good weather for her camping vacation.

Vickie
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I lost 1.8 this week (for 2 weeks) for a total of 29 pounds! I have to go babysit and run errands. I'll be back later to catch up.

sloanie
06-15-2009, 02:49 PM
:carrot: Vickie

Tejas
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Way to go, Vickie!!!

You rock :broc:

blessedwithsarah
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
YEAH VICKIE! Great job

Rhonda, dh has been addressing our little critter issues in a non-humane way. Close to Sandra target shooting - but not with arrows! :o

Sloan, if your son knows he has to lose weight and understands the need to get it off to be healthy, how about having him select one or two new fruits or veggies to try each week. For veggies - sweeter ones may work and if you roast them they are even better. Or veggies and ff dip. I think at 19 he should learn to like it to be healthy. If my 6 year old was having issues, I'd hide them, but he is basically an adult. Just my opinion! Hopefully you'll find something that works for him. He may also be more willing to try veggies if he realizes the free bulk of food he'll get. Good luck, keep us posted.

In regard to my scale jumping, I'm thinking I may buy a new one and try keeping it out of the bathroom. Once our bedroom is done, I'll be able to have one in my closet. My clothes don't feel different and I find it unreasonable for true weight to be jumping so much. I need to see if DH thinks he's gained as well. If yes, then I'm thinking it may be worth the investment. The scale I have is probably 10 years old -- a long lived life for a digital scale in the bathroom. I'm still going strickt core and calling my Dr for an appt. I'm also going to cut back the carbs and increasing my protein. Looking back at my menus for a few weeks I've gotten into a habit of having:

bf - vita muffin top, yougurt and banana
lunch -- salad with a veggie soup.

Niether meal is high on the protein scale. For bf, if I add an egg with the yogurt may help. And for lunch its pretty much nil for protein. I have not cooked for lunches in a while. I'm going to make salsa chicken tomorrow -- with tons of veggies and NO carbs. Somethings got to work.

Well, got to get some things done. BBL

ontarget
06-15-2009, 07:29 PM
:ebike: Go Go Go, Rhonda! You rock, girl. Or should I say, "You spin!"

Thanks for the new pages :write:, Paula.

Sloan, you look like a woman with a plan. :cheer2:That's good.

:goodscale: Maryann, it's probably fluid. You're doing great.

Vickie, :woohoo: you'll be changing your avatar before you know it. Big congratulations for doing a great job of taking care of yourself.

Tejas
06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm starting the war against the critters with blood meal...if that doesn't work, I'll get nastier. :devil:

sloanie
06-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback on Eric. He says his biggest problem with certain foods is texture. He has always been like this. He even has a problem with fuzzy blankets and clothes up against his body. I know I'm making him sound nutty, but he's really a regular guy. I think we'll have more luck with fruit. He has stayed within his point limit today, and I think it is a good first step. Trying to encourage him actually helps me with my eating.

Paula-I bought a new scale yesterday, myself. I need to be more aware of where my weight is. You are probably right to keep your scale out of the bathroom. I need to do that as well.

Rhonda-I'm so impressed with your spinning. Where do you go for your class?

Maryann and Sandra-Hope you had a great day!

Vickie-I so proud for you! What a great way to start your week :D

Have a great night chicks!

Tejas
06-16-2009, 09:08 AM
:woohoo: Lost another pound!

Paula, I go to spinning at a sports store that sells sports clothes and shoes and has a yoga studio and a spinning studio attaced to it. It's owned by a husband and wife team who also teach.They have classes every morning and evening and on the weekends. It cost about $90/month to spin or do yoga all you want. I go three times a week now, so each class cost a little over $7.00.

I hope you all have a great day. I've got a tough budget meeting coming up at work. Because of the market crash we had to cash in our savings to continue to give the students the kinds of awards we give, and now we have no extra cash in the department. We have some difficult decisions to make. That's the job!

Take care,
Rhonda

beach bum
06-16-2009, 09:27 AM

Woke up to another gloomy day,it looks like we're going to have rain again. My poor tomato plants are going to have root rot if it doesn't stop.

While Leo is at the doctor for a checkup I'm going to ride my bike for 1/2 hr.and tackle today's chores.

I think that I figured out my calorie range,[1500-1600]by calculating my calorie in, minus my calories out[180]30M of walking or biking at moderate speed] will be my net cals.[1320 or1420] So if I want to keep from getting below(no less that 1200) to prevent nitrogen imbalance within the body. I will have to keep my total calories a little higher or not exercise as much.[instead of 5x's 3X's a week ]will be sufficient.

VICKIE-:carrot:That's excellent glad your doing so nicely on your plan 1.6 and 29 pounds lost is a terrific accomplishment. Big Congrats :congrat:

PAULA-That's a great idea:idea: to keep the scale out of the bathroom, the steam or humidity from the showers does ruin the insides or the scale . We have a Physicians waist high balance beam scale and its in the dinette area of our home.

SANDRA-I hope it water and that it will flush out soon.Or that Hidden sodium somewhere,that I'm not seeing.Here's to a better week.

RHONDA-That's the wild life for you,I had field mice getting in all winter but the traps got rid of them.Big congrats :carrot:on your 1 lb loss. Sorry that I over skipped the first line of your post.

SLOAN- I didn't give you advice,as I trying to fix my own mess of dieting. Doctor still can't figure out with all the diets I was on I still 28 lbs off course.Had all kinds of test from thyroid to allergies to wheat] no progress. He said at my age I should be losing ,but instead I'm stuck at this weight. Hope that you find some solution to your son's weight & getting him back to a healthier weight.

blessedwithsarah
06-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone. Today is my new low carb day. I made a great broccoli, mushroom and onion frittata -- used one whole egg and 2 egg whites, 1 slice ff cheese. i also added 1tsp regular shredded cheddar -- that small amount is 0 points. But WOW, just that little bit added the great cheesey taste. Im stuffed - should have stopped I know but it was sooooo good. I'm hoping the higher protein breakfast holds me longer till lunch.

DH is working on building our new shed. Its right outside the kitchen door. My problem is I have a 10:00 call with work, usually I set up my office in the kitchen. I need to find a quiet spot. I do have a desk and office upstairs, but that is all apart as we are finishing the last bedroom. So, now we have 2 projects in process. Not that I don't want DH to have jobs lined up, but I want these things done! Its great he is a carpenter and can do these things -- but if a great job comes along, we go on hold.

Rhonda, congrats on the loss. I assume you decided to delay your retirement...based on your siggie. Glad you made a decision. I work in Finance and its been a tough year with the market. Most of our revenue is from assets we manage/custody for retirement plans. As those go down, so do our revenues. Good luck in your budget meeting.

Sloan, what kind of textures does ds like and dislike? Maybe we can come up with some veggie suggestions that are on his like list. Glad he made it on plan for day 1!

Well, going to do some laundry while I wait for 10:00. Once I'm done with work I'm off to go grocery shopping. I have not pre-made my lunches for quite some time. I'm making salsa chicken today -- tons of veggies and HOT salsa! YUMMY. Have a good day.

sloanie
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Mornin' chicks!

You would not believe the mess in my house. Every downstairs room has something going on in it, and it looks like a bomb went off. It is amazing how unsettling clutter is, even when you are not a neat freak (which I am not).

Rhonda-good luck in your meeting. Try not to let the stress get to ya!

Maryann-hope sunny weather is on the way. I know it is a downer to have to stay inside!

Paula-listing the things that Eric eats would be much shorter than listing what he does not like. I know that anything that is mushy is out. He loves french fries, but he won't even eat them if they are not crisp. He will eat *beef, but only ground, *chicken, but only off of the bone and not baked, *ketchup, tomato sauce (as in spaghetti sauce), *potatoes, but only certain types of french fries, *bread, *peanut butter, *eggs, but only scrambled, *cheese, *apples, but only with dip, *green beans, sometimes, *pasta, with spaghetti sauce only, *combos of the above. Of course, you can imagine at his weight, he will eat many kinds of junk food, and he will drink V8 fusion which has some veggie juice in it. This has been going on his whole life. He skipped many meals when he was a little boy instead of eating what I had prepared. As I said in my earlier post, he gagged violently when I gave him certain baby foods!!! I have talked to his doctor over the years, begged, threatened, cajoled, you name it. As most young people, he loves money. I have offered him money to chew up and swallow a carrot, bite of broccoli, etc. and he will not do it. It is very perplexing. I guess I say all of that to say: I want to teach him to manage what he WILL eat, and continue to encourage him to try new things. Thanks for being concerned, and any input you have will be appreciated.

I guess I have rambled on enough for now. BBL

coco99
06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone
Got back late Sunday afternoon. Just hadnt had a chance to get on here.
Went to WW last night. I was so looking forward to it. Boy should had stayed home. I gained 2 1/2 lbs. I was so bummed. And now. What am I doing. Eating whatever I can get my hands on. And I know that isnt the answer. But for the few minutes that it tasted good in my mouth. It was worth it. But now. It wasnt. So starting with my next meal. I will be back on track.
I will catch up with everyone later.
I missed everyone.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Be back later.
coco

Tejas
06-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi All:

Sloan, one of my nieces would eat essentially only cereal for breakfast, and pork chops and rice the rest of the time. She survived, is thin and healthy at 50. I'd say try to get him active, and give him vitamin and mineral supplements!!

Coco, you'll get back on track....just like you say. I had too many calories today, so salad tonight!

Rhonda

Tejas
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Did you see this?

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100240535&GT1=313036

ontarget
06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I had too many calories today, too, but am back on plan now. Oh, well, life goes on. I have some good excuses but won't share them. Bottom line is--I ate some stuff I should have avoided. My bad.

Rhonda, enjoy your salad. I'm having fruit for dinner. :lol:

Coco, enjoy whatever you choose to have tonight. Good for you getting back op.

sloanie
06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Eric and I are still on track! I've been drinking more for the last two days as well. Hopefully, I'll get to my goal before the summer's over. I finished priming the bedroom and met with the flooring guys today. My new shower should be finished on Friday, hoping to arrange for drywall in the bathroom next week, will finish painting bedroom, and have the carpet done in there before the end of next week. We will then be able to have the bedroom furniture delivered, finish decorating the bedroom and bathroom, and move on to the kitchen/living room/dining room.

Rhonda-thanks for the encouragement. I just want Eric to be healthy and outlive me. I appreciate the "heads up" on the Zicam. I have used it before.

Vickie-Have you looked at the link that Rhonda posted? Very interesting!!

Coco-I have the same reaction after a weigh in where I gain. Why do we do that? I know you will get back on track.

Paula-I use cheese the same way. Just a sprinkle gives good flavor.

Maryann-We just had a terrible storm with some tornado activity. Hope your weather is better!

Hope you chicks are having a good afternoon. BBL

blessedwithsarah
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
sloan, some thoughts for Eric. Have you made oven fries? I make the with some spray and a hot oven. They come out very crisp and yummy. I do white and sweet potatos. Maybe he would like the sweet one as well. Seems like a loaded tomato sauce could be a good thing for him -- cook all kinds of veggies and puree it up. Scrammbled eggs are good -- you could make a nice egg sandwich with a fiber one muffin or lite enlish muffin, an egg and some canadian bacon. If I come up with anything else, i'll let you know.

We ended up having a great day after a rainy morning. I did my errands and worked a bit this morning. I did manage to get in a great 50 minute power walk. When I shopped today I went overboard on fruit. I didn't realize it when shopping I got a pineapple, bananas, apples, peaches, plums, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and 1/2 a watermelon. It all looked so good, but my fridge is over flowing!

Well, off to eat some berries! BBL

sloanie
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Paula-I will try the oven fries for Eric. He does like tomato sauce, so I will add some veggies when I fix that. I do think he finally tried and liked chili last winter, so I may make some of that. I have bought some high fiber bread for egg sandwiches, and I know he will eat those. His gf came in this afternoon with blackberries, raspberries, cherries, and watermelon. He probably won't eat them but she and I will. She is very sweet and brought him some WW treats, string cheese, and yogurt, too. So far, he is keeping up with his points and is writing them down along with wpa's. I told him that I would help him, but this had to be his decision, so I think he is at least going to give it a try. Thanks for your input. Also, good job on getting in that power walk. TTFN

beach bum
06-17-2009, 09:16 AM

The sun is shinning again,and when Leo went to the doctors yesterday for check up he was told to do some walking exercises,so guess what we're doing this morning. RIGHT? going down to the beach and walk along the board work.I'll walk with him for about 10 mins until he gets the hang of walking again and than I'll go on for my 20 min walk.

PAULA-Yay!!! :carrot:That's fantastic that your could go back to low carbing. I just get into that again,now that I'm counting calories I need the carbs[fruit veggies & grains] The simple ones aren't a problem as I don't have them in the house. Yes, not having carbs gets you a fuller feeling and you don't binge as much. Congrats on getting into some sort of program, what ever works is a good program to stay with.

SLOAN-I'm hoping for those gloomy days to be over as the last couple of days we had horrible weather.But as I mentioned above today is a beautiful sunny day and I going out to make use of it.

Happy to hear that you both are on program,Wishing you the same,I have a long way to go to reach mine.Never renovated the 2 homes that we had,just didn't have the money to spend on them. Hope you 'll be able to use your new bathroom next week.

COCO-Did you have a nice camping trip?? Sorry about your 2 1/2 lb gain. You'll get back into the swing of things.Yes,get all that emotion of the W-I out of you even if it means eating comfort foods.Than start up the next day on program and you'll see the scale moving in the right direction.

SANDRA-If you went off and ate to much food yesterday do the Wendy plan for a couple of day. I mean using the core plan,eat less today and than eat moderate tomorrow. That's what I doing but with calories its called calorie shifting. The plan is to keep your body guessing each day,at to what kind of energy its going to have on a day today bases.

Have a great morning

ontarget
06-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I am enjoying reading all the good tips here this morning. You chickies started my day off great. Thank you to each of you.

Sloan, the guys are here already. I think they may finish the back deck today judging how much they got done yesterday. The porches are already up front and back.

ontarget
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Maryann, that's a good idea. I'll do it. Thanks.

coco99
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Everyone
Sorry I wasnt back on here last night.
We were having some storms. So had to shut the computer down.
So hope I will be able to be on here some today.
Suppose to have rain off and on today. With chance of storms. So if I dont get back on. You know what is going on.
Still havent had time to check up on everyone.
Please forgive me.
But I will check up on everyone. See how everyone is doing.
That is one thing I miss when we are away from home. My computer. Maybe I will have to see about a laptop. But dont know anything about them. I think there is suppose to be something where we go. That you can hook up for wireless internet. Or something like that. And then there is a library not far from where we camp. And it says it has wireless.
Oh well. Maybe one of these days.
Well will get off here for now.
Need to clean my watermelon.
Talk to you later.
coco

sloanie
06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Chickies!

What a crazy day! Ate off core for lunch, but had a great time fabric shopping with my sis and mom. Picked out some awesome fabric for window treatments and cushions. Tonight we have a birthday dinner for my nephew. I don't know what is on the menu, so I'm not sure how I'll do. Will be right back on track tomorrow. Eric is still counting points and hangin' in there. So far, he is happy with himself and his ability to stay op. GTG to the party. BBL

coco99
06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi There
Cant stay. Storm coming.
Watermelon was great. We have ate about half of it already.
Hope everyone had a good day.
Thinking of each of you.
Hope tomorrow is a better day to be on here.
May go to the store in the morning. See what the weather is like.
Night
coco

sloanie
06-17-2009, 10:40 PM
We are under severe thunderstorm warnings, too. Hope you all are safe and sound.

Tejas
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Gee, it's raining here too. No storms predicted, I don't think.

I fell asleep in my recliner, having had a long day. The co-founder of the program was given an honorary degree today by the University. There have been many festivities, including a luncheon where I ate too much (again!!! :yikes:) The Chancellor of the University is a former premier of Ontario, and he passed out cookies after the ceremony to those who were in the academic procession. I couldn't say :nono: to him, now could I :dunno:

Ah well, hopefully, tomorrow is another day!

Rhonda

sloanie
06-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Rhonda-I fell off yesterday, too! Too much fun with the family:eating2: Starting over again today. That's what I love about this program. I am always able to get back to it when I've had a "big day". I hope you have a great day and feel successful this evening!!

Sandra-the porches sound wonderful. We have a large covered porch and we use it a lot. In fact, I'm there right now :D

Hey to all the rest of you chickies!!! More cleaning and remodeling action today. I'll check in on y'all later.

beach bum
06-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Back to the gloomy weather again and the predicting that its going to be for the next few day ,thought the weekend and all next week.Its seems the same kind of weather is expected in NY and all the neighboring states. This time I have to go on my bike and hopefully Leo will be able to ride as well.He needs to exercise.

SANDRA-I read a lot of calorie counting web sites and from WW Wendie to shifting calorie counting to extreme shifting [like JUDD]Dr. Johnson's web site,it just a matter of fooling the body every day ,so it doesn't have time to think,and supposedly loses the weight.

COCO-Hey nothing to forgive, your busy or not in a place that has internet service that's nothing you have to apologize for. We understand.Sorry about all the storms your getting hope you didn't lose electricity and that your have enough food in the pantry just in case your frig goes out. We're been luck,our electric only went out maybe 3 x's in 12 years that we're living up here.ENJOY your watermelon,and take care.

SLOANE=Stay safe .I HATE:devil: with a passion Thunder storms,it goes back to when I was a child.Glad that Eric is following some plan. After you buy the fabric are you going to have it made or will you sew it yourself??? I'm not a sewer and Had to bring my slacks into the Taylor as I would mess up the hems.

RHONDA-This is the season when all kinds of party's from wedding to graduations and the good old BBQ etc where foods involved.We need extra support doing these time. Glad you enjoyed the party just sin on the bike a little harder.

Have to go out early and get the shopping done,as the US OPEN starts today& all weekend long at 10 AM.and ending tonight at 6PM.

ontarget
06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Rhonda and Sloan, I fell off yesterday, too. I need to learn to handle schedule changes better. Let's hop onto that wagon today.

Maryann, I've done the Wendie Plan and loved it. I think you're right about fooling the body. Mine gets too complacent in its rut.

We're taking the grands to the movies again today then out to lunch. I WILL do better today. I've already had a good, healthy breakfast here at home. Yesterday I wound up eating at Mickey D's for bfast. It was good but it wasn't "good."

TechAlum
06-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I basically stopped tracking everything and posting. But starting next week I'm going to go back to doing a core type program.

Things have been pretty tough around here lately. $ is really tight. But on a good note DH finished his chemo last month now he just needs a CAT scan to get the all clear from the Oncologist, then he can schedule the surgery to reverse the ostomy and repair the incisional hernia. We're hoping he'll get that done in mid-July which means he should be recovered by his 43rd birthday. I have to say that this has been a really loooooong year. And while I haven't lost any weight during it at least I haven't gained back all I had lost in the previous 2 years.

We just got back from vacation. We cashed in some time-share points my parents weren't going to be able to use before they expired, so we had a cheep relaxing trip before Phase IV starts. We went to the Shenandoah Valley it was a beautiful area, but I wouldn't want to go any later, just not a warm weather girl...

I'm off to walk the dog then make up some lunch. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

beach bum
06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
USA OPEN was rained out so they start again tomorrow at 7:30 AM.,so I'm back again.

SANDRA-I was on Wendie Plan and at first it didn't work but as the weeks went on, my stupid bod get the hint,and the plateau was gone. Hopefully that will work with my shifting calories.Stuck too long at this weight.

DONNA-Welcome :welcome2: welcome back, its nice see the old gang back again.Happy that your DH was off the chemo and all things are looking positive.Sending some prayers you way. That all will be fine with the surgery. Oh My Goodness you had so much on your plate, just take one day at a time in the weight dept. I remember going thought that with Leo and its very stressful. Now don't be a stranger,keep us informed whats going on.

sloanie
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey Donna-welcome back!! I was MIA, too. Glad your dh is finished with chemo. I know you'll be glad when this ordeal is finally over. I am very proud of you for keeping the weight off. I would have allowed the stress to give me an excuse to eat. Good for you :carrot:

Sandra and Rhonda-I have stayed on the wagon so far. Hope you chicks have, too. We have been busy ripping up carpet. What a mess!!! It is going to get worse around here before it gets better. We can't find anything. Stuff piled everywhere!!!

Maryann-have a nice ride!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies;)

DS is taking his computer to a friend's house tonight, so I won't be back until tomorrow. Hope you all have a great night!

ontarget
06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
:welcome: home, Donna. I'm glad dh is finished with chemo and hope all gets back to normal for you two soon. Congrats on not regaining all. I don't know if I would have been able to make that report.

Maryann, I'm actually doing "Let's Do Lunch" now and am loving it. Basically, I eat a normal lunch and fruit the rest of the day. Most of our eating out takes place at lunch, so this is perfect for me.

Sloan, I'll bet you're as tired of construction stuff as we are. But won't it be nice when it's over?

I'm doing great eatingwise today. Doing "LDL" I try to make lunch "an event" each day. I'm also enjoying not being full at night. I'll keep ya'll posted on how things go with it.

Tejas
06-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi All:

Welcome back, Donna. We missed you a lot. So, with you and Sloanie back, it's almost all the old gang. I do hope things go really well for your DH.

BBL..

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone. Doing really well on program. Its interesting to read the comments you've made about mixing up the point day by day (wendie plan). Its sort of what I've been doing, but not intentionally. By keeping bread, rice, potatoes and coucous to a minimum, I'm definatly not using all my points. The scale is moving, which is good. i'll do my official wi on Saturday.

Its been a stressful afternoon -- my mom had cataract surgery a couple of weeks ago. She started having issues with her eye and went to her Dr today. Well, it was a detached retna and went immediatley to Mass Eye & Ear in Boston. Surgery this afternoon and she is now home. She'll need to stay up right for 2 weeks, but should be OK. UGH. Red wine tonight!!

Donna, welcome back! Glad dh is just about done with his treatments. Its a great success for you to NOT have gained after all you've been through. Thats a huge victory for you! It will be nice having you post again.

Maraynn - going to be a rainy week I think. Of course I'm off with dd next week. I don't think my hopes of going to the beach will come true. Oh well. Keep dry!

Sloan, congrats to Eric for sticking to it! When is his WI? I hope if he has a good first week it will keep him motivated. Being a guy and young, he'll probably lose quickly.

Hi Sandra, Coco and Rhonda!

Well off to get my wine. Oh, should have an interesting day tomorrow - my mom was supposed to watch dd. So, instead she is coming to work with me. If I wasn't going to be out all next week, i would have just worked from home. Should be an intersting day.

coco99
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
At least no storms tonight. But some rain and storms on the way for tomorrow.
We didnt get as bad as storms as they said we would. That is good. about 75 to 100 miles away from us. They got hit bad. Alot of flash flooding. And some funnel cloud sightings. So we were really lucky.
Did go to the store today. Got a pineapple for .99 cents and a seedless watermelon for 2.99. couldnt leave them there. And got some strawberries too for .99. And some cauliflower for 1.89. So tomorrow will be cleaning day.
Well better get off here.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi again:

I didn't really fall off the wagon today, but I did have a huge lunch and some wine. But, I had only a small yogurt for dinner and tomorrow AM is spinning class.

Paula, sorry about your mom's situation. Being upright for two weeks is going to be uncomfortable for certain.

Maryann, we have your rain up here too. It's really good for my new sod, but it is forecast to stop soon. Then heat is coming they say. Of course, if it get to be 85F people here think they're melting, and we keep waiting for it to get hot.

DH's birthday is Saturday and I don't know one thing to get for him. I'll make a cake for sure, but what to get for a gift. I heard him tell a friend that he'd like to have an atlas, so maybe that will be it.

I'm off to bed so I can get up early for :ebike:

Rhonda

beach bum
06-19-2009, 10:12 AM

Leo & are very extreme golf fans,of cause non of us play,we just watch it on TV. But yesterday they had over 6" of rain and the golf course is a mess. Don't know whether its going to be on today either.

SLOAN-That's they way it is when you have to share a computer.:shrug: I not only rode my indoor bike[20m] but I had a chance to walk along the beach on its cement walk for [15 m] so I had a total of 35 mins to deduct from my total calories.

SANDRA- We do the lunch thing also,Leo is taking out to our annual Birthday lunch this MON. to the Clam shack[fried clam with Fries and coleslaw. TG that Mon is my W-I and cheat day. Other wise we have our main dinner at noon and a lite supper in the evening.

PAULA-So sorry to hear about your mom. Leo had two cataract surgery in April & May and fortunately all is fine. He going to the eye doctor as we speak and for his last check up and maybe the last time for the drops to be put in. He still don't bend down,if he drops some I there to pick it up.

Can't stand this rain anymore its the wettest June that I can remember up here.

COCO-Be careful with those storm keep safe. Boy those are good prices for your fruits & veggies, ours are ridiculous expensive. Wish those politicians would wise up FOOD IS NOT A LUXURY we need it to live. What use to be a weekly $75 dollar purchase ,is now way of $100.

RHONDA-Wish your DH a very :balloons: Happy Birthday enjoy the celebration,its only one day. I worried about my poor tomato plants that are going to have root rot. They like watering but this it too much,They love hot and humid weather for them to grow. I don't need HHH either I like the cooler summers,but can do without the rain.

HeHe:D I remember once when we visit Ireland the temps went tho 75 % and the whole town went to the beach to get cool off. They have no Idea what 90 & 100 % is over here when it get HOT.

coco99
06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone
Just getting on here for a few.
But it is starting to storm. AGAIN!!
Sure wish they would stop.
So if I am not on here much today. You know the storms are coming and going.
Suppose to clear up some this afternoon. But then later this afternoon and evening. Suppose to be some bad storms.
So know that I am thinking of everyone.
Hope everyone is ok. And be safe.
coco

TechAlum
06-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for the welcome back. It feels good to have a plan to get back to loosing I'd really like to see those 1's as the first number again, hopefully this will be the year.

Just got back from PT (only 1 more week of that left) then I went to the farmer's market (local farmers in tents), then to the farm market (permanent decent veggies and good meat/deli counter). Now I have to divide up the meat and put it in the freezer, eat lunch, butterfly the chicken and put on the spice rub for dinner, then go to the regular grocery store for non-perishable type stuff. I may also run down to the fish market and go give blood this afternoon we'll see how the time looks. Then the in-laws are coming for dinner for Father's Day, since we're going out to my folks on Sunday. Don't know if I'll get a chance to walk the dog today, we had storms last night and more are supposed to be headed in this afternoon, so we'll see. I can't believe how crazy today got.

I know what you mean about the rain, but at least my sister didn't have to water our garden when she was here house/dog/cat sitting. I also know about the heat thing, this last week felt hot in VA (upper 80's) but the locals said "we haven't had any heat yet...." :eek: Also one time we went to Maine when we were having record highs here (100+) and they were right around 80 which felt great to us, but they were complaining about the heat. I guess it's all what you're used to.

Paula - sorry to hear about your mom that's horrible, how did your day go with DD at work?

Sandra - We tried the lunch deal but when DH went back to work it was too difficult. It was nice eating earlier tho.

Coco - glad the worst of the storms missed you. Hang in there.

Rhonda - have fun w/DH for his b-day. You may have inspired me to try a spinning class, I've been thinking about it.

MaryAnne - I like the new avitar, it's nice to put a face to the post. They're saying it shouldn't rain on the Open the rest of the weekend. But the course has got to be water logged. The sports guy this morning said the putting looked more like curling as they swept the green in front of the puts :lol: The image just made me laugh

Sloan - I was pretty surprised I didn't let the stress get me, in the past I would have, so maybe I have learned something....Hang in there with the renovations think how nice it'll be when it's done.

Well I should get moving or I won't get everything done before the inlaws show up.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech/Donna

ontarget
06-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm liking the way I feel at night after having a light dinner. My ex-student called yesterday, though, and is making more tamales for us today. I'm planning to save mine till tomorrow for lunch. That won't be easy.

Maryann, Donna, Sloan, Coco, please send us some rain. :lol: I'm pouring the water to the roses. So far so good.

Rhonda, I saw on my calendar reminder thingee that tomorrow is Doyle's bday. Give him a hug for me.

Paula, I hope your mom's healing well.

I'm going to go do some reading now. It's a tough life.

sloanie
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey chicks!

Another busy day! I made the final decisions on flooring and took all of the samples back this morning. We still need to paint the bedroom baseboard today, and it's already 4 in the afternoon. DD is in from East Tennessee which is always happy for us!!! We only get to see her about 4-6 times a year, so we love our visits. She will be in until Monday morning, so that will be nice.

My eating has gone south!! I am back on track again today, but how many days can I say that? I find that I am bored at night when it is quiet. DH goes to bed early 'cause he works early. I plan to make some popcorn to snack on, but I want to buy some kind of hot air popper or microwave popper. Do y'all have any preferences? I had an Orville Redenbacher microwave popper in my hand at the store then realized that you had to buy little inserts for it that were disposabe, so I put it back. I'd like to hear some suggestions. I think if I can plan better snacks, I will do better.

Paula-so sorry to hear about your Mom. Is she with you? How is she sleeping at night? Does she have to sleep in a recliner? I know things are stressful for you right now. Hang in there.

Rhonda-wine sounds good to me! How are your critters? I hope the bloodmeal is helping.

Sandra-sounds like the lunch plan is going well. How do you keep yourself from snacking at night? I really need to follow your lead!

Tech-sounds like you are busy. I'm glad you are back with us!

Hey to the rest of you chicks ;)

I've got to go visit with dd, and she is going to cut my hair :carrot:

BBL

Tejas
06-19-2009, 06:11 PM
The critters were rooting around looking for grubs this morning at 5:20AM when I got up to go spinning: that's how they are!!!!!! I had just put down fresh blood meal last night. They're gonna taste raccoon blood soon if they don't go somewhere else :tantrum:

Donna, do try spinning. Give it about a month and see how you like it, is my recommendation.

I have to go to a social event tonight, related to work. That will be the fourth event this week. They're fun, but this is too many. There's one for me and the colleagues who are retiring from my home department next Wednesday.

I was at home today, mostly working in the morning, and mostly sleeping in the afternoon :yawn: My, that felt good.

Rhonda

ontarget
06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Paula, most days I do well, but don't follow my lead this week. I've been off schedule and haven't seemed to handle that well. When I do well, I try to focus on what a "treat" lunch is. Sort of an event. That helps. At night I sort of plan something exciting for the next day's lunch. That helps keep me focused.

Rhonda, your day sounds good. We have company coming over tonight. Would ya'll believe one of the contractors whose been here most of the week is bringing his wife over tonight to meet us and see the flowers. Life is good.

blessedwithsarah
06-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Evening! Thanks for all the thoughts for my mom. She is doing OK. She saw the dr this morning and he was happy with how her eye looked. So, for 2 weeks she can't bend at all and no lifting for a month. She does need to wear a patch since there is gas behind her eye holding everything where it should be and she can't see through that. During the 2 weeks that should go away and she should be able to see OK.

DD had a great day being an "assistant" to me and a few others in the office. She was very well behaved. I thought for sure she would get borded.

Other than that it feels like its been a really long, long day. Hi to you all. BBL

Tejas
06-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi:

I'm just home from a lovely event. One of the cofounders of the program I run was given an honorary doctorate at the university this week and tonight she gave a party for her friends and colleagues. She is originally from Antigua, and is a central figure in the Caribbean community in Toronto. So, I spent the evening having Caribbean food :drool:, listening to Island music and meeting people I've never met before. Never mind that the venue was crowded, hot and uncomfortable: it was a lovely evening.

Now, no more food for me all weekend!!!! :ziplip:

Rhonda

Vickie
06-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Chicks! NO time for me to stay and chat. I'm busy getting ready to leave in the morning to pick up Sara. I've been shopping, cooking, packing, etc. This has been fun but tiring. I probably won't be able to be back to chat until Tuesday.

Be safe and drink your water!

beach bum
06-20-2009, 09:59 AM

Looks like it going to rain again ,so before it comes & I decided to get down to the beach early and get our walking done before the wet:rain: stuff hits.

COCO-Be safe with all those storms.We're disappointed again that the US Open is going to postponed again due to a storm coming into the NY area.

DONNA-I know how frustrating it can be when you trying so hard to get the weight off,and than some in life comes up and you lose track.We're all been there and we will support you all we can.Just keep on posting when you can,and I'm sure you'll see the numbers going down again.

Thanks that the only photo I have of me at quit descent of me.Haven't take photo shots in ages.

SANDRA-I think once the hot weather comes we will be eating 3 light meals again,but until than we're still on comfort foods.Maryann, Donna, Sloan, Coco, please send us some rain Ok whats you address :D I'm glad to share it with you.:D

SLOAN-Enjoy your weekend with your DD I used to see my every other month,but now that Leo had the Big C we don't go down that much any more maybe 2x's a year. She was coming up,to see us instead,but now she has a blood clot in her leg its impossible for her to make the trip by car or plane.

You post almost sounds like mine, Leo go to bed early and I just keep my hands busy I making a throw for the back of the cough and than in the winter I can use that as a cover when it cold.

RHONDA-I feel your frustration with the critters.Its there an wild live origination that could pick them up an transport them to another location??? If not get the exterminator in. What ever be careful that they don't get into your house they can create a big havoc.

Glad you had a good time in the evening. I love Caribbean food,[ but than again what food don't Love?? that what get me here in the first place]listening to Island music. We have lots of dvds that we play contently. In fact I was once on an album jacket from Count Bernadeno's Band.Many years ago.

PAULA-Glad that your mom is doing fine. Oh what a scare,TG Leo didn't have to go though that.

VICKIE-HI:wave: have a safe trip,and enjoy yourself,see you Tuesday.

sloanie
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Mornin' chicks-just checkin' in to say Hi. DD and I are going upholstery fabric shopping with my sis and niece with a stop for lunch today.

Rhonda-your evening sounds delightful! No food for the rest of the weekend sounds a little harsh. Maybe you should try a few light snacks.:lol3:

Maryann-I'm glad you got your walk in this morning. I'm jealous that you are able to go down to the beach and walk. I'm on a hill surrounded by thick woods.

Paula-glad your mom is progressing. Hang in there!

Sandra-hope your evening with your company went well. Befriending a contractor is always a good idea ;)

Vickie-Can't wait to hear all about the arrival of Sara:goodvibes

Mornin' Donna

GTG try to dig out from under some of this clutter.
BBL

ontarget
06-20-2009, 03:15 PM
We had a wonderful evening last night. We were surprised how much we have in common. They are even into archery. Life is good.

Rhonda, your evening sounds like it was fun, too. Now are you inging "Happy Birthday" today? Give Doyle a hug for me.

I'm back op. Sounds like all of you are, too. Ain't it grand!

Vickie, I'm excited for you and Jim.

Tejas
06-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi:

OK, I'll have a few light snacks, but no food!

Maryann, in Toronto, raccoons rule. If they were in my house, I could get someone to remove them. Otherwise, if you've got them, you've got them. There are probably more raccoons than people here! And, my goodness, an album cover. You should scan it and send it to us!

We're getting lots of rain also. I read the cause is the lack of low pressure fronts from the southern U.S. So, Sandra you need to do something down there about that.

OK, so DH didn't want a cake or pie. I bought him a lemon tart; he'll like that. I was going to get him an atlas, but I might get movie passes instead. I am definitely making him chicken-fried steak for dinner though. I'll pass, or call it a "snack."

I'm excited to see pics of Sara! Stay dry everyone.

Rhonda

Tejas
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
OK, Sandra, DH has been hugged for you~!

blessedwithsarah
06-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Some good news -- lost 3.5 pds this week. I think I'm having issues with salt/water retention. I'm going to continue to keep the carbs low and not add any salt. Its sunny now, I'm off to enjoy it while it last!

ontarget
06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Rhonda, wish I could help. We're dry down here but this is Texas. I just came in from watering. I'm glad DH got his hug. (I'll bet he got bunches.) Movie tickets sound perfect. So does chicken fried steak. :lol:

Paula, congrtulations on losing 3.5 lbs.

I'm back on track today. Life is good.

Vickie, I'm looking forward to seeing Sara, too.

Tejas
06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Congrats Paula...that's great.

Well, I finally bought DH a movie review book, about 6 inches thick...he loves movies.

The chicken fried steak was so-so. I'm losing my touch. But the purchased lemon tart was delicious. I had only one bite.

I hope you all are having a good night.

Rhonda

beach bum
06-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Wishing all you DH out there aHAPPY FATHER"S DAY .I gave Leo US Army mug with heart milk chocolate candies.He can throw away the candy and use the mug for this tea in the morning.

SLOAN-I hope we will be able to get down there early in the morning before the tourist wake up and have their breakfast,as our beaches are packed where the parking lot that we use will be filled up. Too far for us to walk to the beach.

RHONDA-That's to bad hope they don';t do too much damage to your property especially if you want to sell and move away. Oh,Don't have a copy of it.We heard from one of the hotel staff that we were on it,but that album jacket was back in the 60's,when we were on our honeymoon.

PAULA-Big congrats on your 3.5 loss. I should go on low carbing myself but I just pick up a loaf of pumpernickel bread,that I threw in the freezer so maybe I just have 1/2 sand instead of a whole.

SANDRA-I'll know tomorrow when I face that dreaded scale.Thinking about intertwining my low carb with calorie counting,this week and see what happens at next week w-i.

ontarget
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
We're back from church and have had a spaghetti lunch here at home. I'm meeting a gf @ 4 this PM that I haven't seen in a dozen or more years. She married and moved to Alabama just before I left for Montana. It'll be good to see her.

Maryann, Leo will enjoy his new mug. That's a thoughtful gift. Curtis and I are looking forward to having bfast on our new back deck. We'll be joining the birds and squirrels.

Rhonda, Doyle should love the movie book. That's a good gift. Congrats on just one bite of lemon tart. There's a new Braum's in Cleburne. That's where I'm meeting my gf. I'm thinking a single dip ice cream. Life is short.

sloanie
06-22-2009, 12:23 AM
We have had a busy weekend with family. Last night was margarita night at my sister's house, today was father's day at my brother's house, and tonight we went back to my sister's house to finish off the frozen margaritas from last night. I won't even try to tell you what I have eaten. Tomorrow is a new day, and I have declared my intention to stay op to my husband. I'm going to take it one day at a time, but my hope is to go for one week carefully op. Last week I said I would write down my food, keep up with wpa's, and drink my water. I did do some of those things, but lost track this weekend.

Rhonda-happy birthday to your dh. Sorry you've lost your touch with the country style steak. It is so yummy!

Sandra-Breakfast on the deck with the birds and squirrels sounds great!

Maryann-Did Leo enjoy his mug?

Paula-:carrot: on the 3.5 pounds

Vickie-I'm anxious to hear about your new girl!!

Coco-;)

Nighty night!!!