UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default 10 pounds in 4 weeks - Any Advice?

Hey everyone,

Back again after i lost a considerable amount of weight thanks to this website and all your support. I'm looking to lose another 10 pounds and hit the 9 stone mark in 4 weeks time. Has anyone got any advice? Last time i lost weight i radically changed my diet and i am now aware of what i eat a lot more and don't tend to over-eat too much. However, it's the exercise that gets me, I'm going to the gym around 3 times a week and walking for 20 minutes a day, should the weight begin to drop off?

Thank you

sh00148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

For what it's worth, I've been going to spinning classes for about a month, 3 times a week. I've also watched my diet. Only now has the weight began to move.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #3  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

Default try cutting out bread

i know its hard but you could try cutting out bread or even the special k diet for a few weeks although its not a good idea to loose to much to quickly 2lbs a week would see you loose 8lbs in a month its much easier to sustain at that rate
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

A mix of reducing those starchy carbs (potato, rice, pasta) and the fat and sugar content of all food and upping the fruit and veg plus hitting the gym for more intense workouts (longer and/or harder) should make a lot of difference.

If you can get the walks up to 30 - 40 minutes you will give your metabolism a bit of a jolt - it may have got used to what you are doing, so you will be maintaining! Upping the exercise should be REALLY useful and get the weight moving again!

Good luck!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

I Suggest The Same Thing You Have To Push Harder On Your Workouts Or Even Adjust Your Food Intake

Last edited by jellybellyjen; 06-12-2009 at 04:02 PM.
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #6  

I know jogging in the evening for 2 hours every day work on me. You can have a try. Good luck!
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #7  
Hot Chick

S/C/G: 225/218/160

Height: 5' 6½"

Yes I agree with what everyone has said. I lost (as of yesterday 24.6.09) 10 lb since 15.6.09. I recently took 4 wks off work to completely overhaul my routine. In order to achieve those results I dropped my daily calorie intake to 1500 but trying to burn a minimum of 3000 daily. I run every other day for about 35 mins, and on Tues and Thurs do 'double' sessions at the gym. So for example, on Thursdays I do street dance *loads of fun* for 40 mins, followed by body pump for another 40 mins. I think you basically have to shock your body because it does get used to a reduced calorie intake and increased exercise over time. Sadly, however, since yesterday I have come down with a HORRIBLE cold, which is I sign I may have been pushing myself a little hard. Anyway, hope some of this helps - good luck! You'll reach your goal in NO time.
UKbarristerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5,1"

I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and desperately want to lose 10lbs by then! I don't want to be the chubby one in the holiday snaps! I feel i'm doing quite well so far, I'm giving up alcohol COMPLETELY until then, alcohol is my biggest downfall (especially when I get the drunken munchies...). So hopefully I'll manage at least 8lbs.
We can do it!
Cat x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/233.5/147

Height: 5'5

ive just started trying to lose weight but when my mum was trying to lose those last ten pounds she took up spinning 3 times a week as well as going to gym three times a week and running 30 mins a day it sound alot but it woeked she looks fantastic now! good luck hope u reach your goal
xx
kjones90 is offline   Reply With Quote