Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #1  
The Best is Yet to Come!

S/C/G: 235/220/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Struggling...

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and struggling trying to get the weight off. I've tried vegan for a couple of weeks and had no weight loss...exercising consistently and no weight loss...and I'm not sure what is going on. I will say that I am in perimenopause and have been trying hormone therapy and initially lost some weight but can't seem to do anything since! Lately I'm doing green smoothies to get in my veggies which I kind of enjoy because I can get a lot of veggies in at breakfast. I think I will continue with this as well as getting in my other 3 meals for the day...4 meals total!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and seeing the scales move..

P.S. It took me 6 months to lose 20 pounds but I keep gaining and losing the 5 pounds...heavy sigh!
ohfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome,

Losing weight in the perimenopause is doable but I will say, I flunked it really. I'd lost 106lbs by the time the peri really got going; now on the other side of it (mostly) I'd re-gained 89lbs. No excuses though, I chose to eat, no-one made me. Since I've lost 3 stone this year, my periods have come back, which is confusing. Confuses the **** out the doctors too.

You're exercising, good; you're eating veggies, great: now, what else are you eating and how many calories? I find calorie counting the only thing that works in my now you see me now you don't menopause, and I've recently discovered the fact that if I go too low, the weightloss stops, so I'm passionate to make sure people are eating enough.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  

Just wanted to welcome you aboard!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #4  
The Best is Yet to Come!

Thanks guys for the welcome. I truely believe at this point that perhaps it is a matter of not eating enough... I am tired all of the time and too tired to cook so lately I've just been blending. I must admit that I feel better eating 3 meals a day so my goal will be 3 meals a day and continue with the blending when I don't feel like cooking. The blending has actually helped to take the sweet cravings away when I do it...

I'm thinking about restarting South Beach but I just don't want to do phase 1 and no fruits...my body needs the vitamin c and I'm trying to get off of supplements!

Thanks again foer the welcome!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There are many veggies with a ton of vitamin C...some even more than fruits!

Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Radishes, Spinach, and Summer Squash are all high in C. I find I'm always WAY over my RDA for C, even if I don't get fruit that day...it's everywhere!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You CAN do this! It took me a year to lose my weight - it does come off slower at this age. But, hear me - it DOES come off!

I found that calories in (particularly if they are healthy calories) vs. calories out DOES add up to weight loss. I had to track my calories - Fitday really helped - and I had to exercise daily in moderation.

Still do, as a matter of fact.

So, keep at it, as Meg often says - we are all laboratories of one. Each of us will find a different path to success, and you WILL find yours - just keep trying!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #7  
The Best is Yet to Come!

Thanks for the support. It seems I've spent my life dieting and I guess I'm just tired and depressed. Today I'm focusing on calorie counting, mufas, and water... We'll see how it goes!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes, it is possible to lose weight perimenopausally (is that a word?). Make yourself at home. We have 40's threads, 50's threads ... Yup, it can be done.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote