Old 06-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 85/84/70

Default Starting calorie counting

hi i weigh 77 kgs, female my height is 1.68 metres. I am not really that active.

I want to start counting calories but no idea how much to eat and what to eat.

Coz its winter i don't really want to eat salads but warm veggies suit me fine. I also mostly like chicken and fish products.

I also mostly eat all bran flakes with 2% milk for breakfast or fat free bulgarian yoghurt and fruit.

Basically i need basic advice on how to start. How many calories to eat and what food groups to incorporate. And whether i can also have treats like chocolate.

Thanks
laaiqahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you could try 1300 calories a day?

I use the old formula of weight (in lbs) x 10 x .75 = how many calories to eat to lose weight. You might need to tweak it a bit but that might help you.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Maybe you could try 1300 calories a day?

I use the old formula of weight (in lbs) x 10 x .75 = how many calories to eat to lose weight. You might need to tweak it a bit but that might help you.
I am not sure that I should use this formula. It says I should eat about 1170 calories a day. I've heard you should never go below 1200 Calories a day?
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

I would try 1300 to 1500 a day. Maybe a little more. Only you can determine what is right for you though. Eat lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, dairy, and healthy fats, such as almonds and olive oil. A good website to use is livestrong.com/thedailyplate. It gives you a target calorie range ( you can adjust it if you want to) and breaks down what you eat into percentages. Good luck!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 85/84/70

thanks so much will check out the daily plate! Thanks for the advice!
laaiqahm is offline   Reply With Quote