100 lb. Club - 75lbs GONE...25lbs to go!!!

View Full Version : 75lbs GONE...25lbs to go!!!

daniela
06-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone! I am so excited to share that as of this morning I've lost 75lbs!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I started this 260 days ago, that's it, crazy how much we can accomplish in such a short time. It all feels overwhelming at first but once you start losing and get a taste of success you'll never want to go back to your old ways. I have so much more energy, I can take the stairs to the 4th floor at work and not be out of breath, I can run 6 miles, my sleep apnea is gone (no more snoring), and I can finally say, "Peace Out Lane Bryant"!

It took 4 months and 3 weeks to lose 50 lbs and another 4 months to lose 25 lbs. When I first started this journey I thought it would be cool to lose 100 lbs, I still think it would be cool but I don't know if I can get down to 140 (funny how I still think 140 is unattainable). At 165 I'm already in a size 8, my body fat is roughly 19%. So is another 25 lbs possible? I'm not sure. I know I still want to lose more body fat so we'll how things go. I am by no means stopping, I love to run, bike, and lift weights. I'm going to continue this journey and pursue my goal of looking like a cover model for Oxygen magazine :D, no matter how long it takes or what the final number on the scale turns out to be.

Thanks to all you wonderful ladies/men on 3FC and especially the 100 lb. Club :hug: I LOVE this place, I on here most days if not posting I'm reading posts. This is such a supportive community with so many inspiring people. Sometimes I feel so alone in this journey but I instantly feel less alone when I come here to read that other people are going through the same joys and struggles. I'm just so glad to be part of it.

Wow, I'm mushy this morning and trying to hold back the tears of happiness!

Good morning, I'm adding this pic as a request from a friend to post an updated version ;-)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/3616841078_c5caf55f91.jpg

L R K
06-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Your are very inspirational! I can only hope that I can follow in your footsteps. :bravo:

Smiling_Sara
06-10-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm so happy for you!! :hug:

Rosinante
06-10-2009, 09:31 AM
That is excellent, well done! A real inspiration!

canadianangel
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
congrates, you give the rest of us hope!! the last twenty five will come off with your dedication and hard work.

ang

rochemist
06-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Your are very inspirational! I can only hope that I can follow in your footsteps. :bravo:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Always remember muscle weighs more than fat. I have been 118 pounds and not as toned and tight as I was at 170. You look good, its keeping the active lifestyle and the healthy choices to the forefront.

ChocLabLover
06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
You are an inspiration!!

sweetandspicy
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
You should be very proud of yourself. You have done a wonderful job and like the above post you are an inspiration.

sprklemajik
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
You look wonderful, congratulations on your hard work. You are very inspirational.

Rock Chalk Chick
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much!! I needed a kick in the butt this morning, and you've given it to me - I'm just getting going at the same weight you started at, and with the same 100 pounds to lose.

You look amazing! Congratulations, and keep up the good work! And thanks for the inspiration!!

MugCanDoIt
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
You look totally awesome, way to go!

daniela
06-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Thank you eveyone! See look at all the support :hug: You guys rock!

Thanks Lauren, You CAN and WILL do this too! Always believe in yourself ;)

Thank you so much!! I needed a kick in the butt this morning, and you've given it to me - I'm just getting going at the same weight you started at, and with the same 100 pounds to lose.

You look amazing! Congratulations, and keep up the good work! And thanks for the inspiration!!
Great start Rock Chalk Chick! 100 lbs or more isn't so scary when you break it down to mini goals...small victories will get you to your goal :D

Thighs Be Gone
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
At 165 I'm already in a size 8, my body fat is roughly 19%. !

First of all, you look amazing. Congratulations. You deserve that. I hope you are embracing your success and realize what you have accomplished.

Secondly, how did you arrive @ the 19% number? I am only using online methods, but supposedly I am @ 20% using height & weight to determine.

If you are losing well I would say that another 25 pounds is definitely possible. My weight loss slowed but does continue. I have lost roughly 20 pounds since Christmas.

:carrot: Congrats again.

chickiegirl
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Congrats Daniela! That's an awesome accomplishment!! :)

scarletmeshell
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm thrilled for you, you are an ispiration. Thank you so much for posting your success. I needed to hear it today.

dragonwoman64
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
and I can finally say, "Peace Out Lane Bryant"!

this really made me laugh, can't wait until I can say the same.

CONGRATULATIONS, job well done, you look soooo good. :D and obviously you feel even better!

mel hughes
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
That is fantastic! I was feeling a little bummed this morning because I'm just sitting at the same weight, but you have definitely inspired me to keep trudging ahead! I can't wait for the day I can honestly say I love to exercise or I feel good in my body..
Thank you so much for sharing!

DCHound
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Daniela I am trying to hold back tears of happiness for you, and failing. Good for you. Good for you. You deserve every wonderful thing in life...wow. I am so over the moon happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daniela
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
First of all, you look amazing. Congratulations. You deserve that. I hope you are embracing your success and realize what you have accomplished.

Secondly, how did you arrive @ the 19% number? I am only using online methods, but supposedly I am @ 20% using height & weight to determine.

If you are losing well I would say that another 25 pounds is definitely possible. My weight loss slowed but does continue. I have lost roughly 20 pounds since Christmas.

:carrot: Congrats again.
Thanks Thighs, you've been a huge inspiration to me! Your posts are informative and thoughtful. And those progress pics you posted...don't get me started hottie ;) You're a rock star!

It's slowly starting to sink in what I've done. There are days I don't feel any different in my head but it's getting better. I've been thinking about seeing a therapist to help me work through some of these issues.

As for the body fat, I meet with a trainer 2x a week and he measures my body fat every couple of months with calipers. He's in his 50's a former body builder and his wife is a fitness competitor so I hope he knows what he's doing :o I know there is a margin of error using calipers, I think the most accurate way to measure body fat is an underwater immersion test but I'm sure that's way expensive.

This is an OLD video of him...it makes me laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3IghOhBQ7M

Check out his wife (she looks amazing, she's also a trainer at my gym)
http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/94/

I'm glad you are still losing, it gives me hope that I can do it too! For the 1st 50 lbs my avg loss was 2.27 lbs per week. The last 25 lbs I avg'ed 1.56 lbs per week. Theoreticly if I were to lose 1 lb per week I could be 140 by December but I'm not making any time related weight loss goals...when it happens it happens.

daniela
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Just saw these lovely new posts. Gonna reply back at lunch, I've been giddy all morning and goofing off. Should probably try to get some work done HEHE

GirlyGirlSebas
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
You rock!

Alana in Canada
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow. That's fantastic! I don't know if I'd have the patience to lose only 1.5lbs a week and not give up. What a fabulous accomplishment!

:balloons:
Congratulations.

Slashnl
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow, this is so inspiring! If we keep working hard, we can do it! (And I'll bet that you can make it to 140!) You should be so proud!!!!!!

Tummy Girl
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Your abs are my inspiration, congrats!

SunshineCA
06-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Congratulations indeed!!! :carrot:

I can't wait to I get to that point. :)

Awesome!!! :D

H8cake
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Congratulations Daniella!I'm so happy for you! I can hear the joy in your post and it makes me so happy! This board is so great because only those who have suffered with similar weight issues can fully appreciate what it feels like to get control over it. As for losing slower, I'm glad you are being patient. It isn't so hard to have the patience when your body is already looking so wonderful. :high:

rockinrobin
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow. Wow. WOW!!! What an amazing job you've done. Your pictures are SPECTACULAR. YOU are spectacular. What an incredible transformation.

Oh and I remember when I called Lane Bryant and told them - stop sending me your catalogs! It was a FANTASTIC feeling.

thinpossible
06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
WOW 3/4 there! :congrat: You have done an amazing thing for yourself!

CLCSC145
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Congratulations, you look great! :cheer:

daniela
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Still in an awesome mood by my day at work is going downhill fast...arrrh I WILL comment back when I get out of Spin class tonight.

I wish I could give you all hugs!!! Thank you!

SnowboundChick
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment! Your hard work really paid off and you deserve to be so proud of yourself! Have a great day!

momof5k
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow!! Reading this post gives me hope and inspiration that I too will be able to write a similar one some day.

Bravo!! And thank you so much for sharing your journey!

You look gorgeous!!

Creeech
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
You're amazing, such an inspiration! Congratulations! :D

TJFitnessDiva
06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Congratulations girlie!! :hug:

You are like way more toned than I am...I guess I should have started weights sooner :lol: You are an inspiration to me and I'm guessing you could probably get to 140 if you are still losing now!

Delphi
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey you look absolutely wonderful. Your progress is simply amazing..you should definitely be uber-proud of yourself. Bravo!

cfmama
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!! I am so proud of you and I know you are so proud of yourself! And you SHOULD BE!!!!! Hard work and determination are your first and middle names. I have no doubt that you will get to where you need to be (but man you look HAWT where you are!) and I am pleased to share this journey with you :)

Tai
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Congratulations! You did a great job and look wonderful!

tilly long
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Yea for you! You help make it seem possible for the rest of us!

Congratulations!

KnitALisa
06-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Congrats!! I love the pictures of you and your hubby in Hawaii; you both look so fit and athletic and (most importantly) HAPPY!

Seeing posts like yours makes me so happy. I try to visualize myself getting to that point and writing a joyous post. Thanks doin' it and keeping the hope that the rest of us can and will get there!

susiemartin
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM
You inspire me!
Thanks for posting this :)

daniela
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
:DGood morning! First off thank you so much for all of you sweet comments, I so do appreciate them :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I remember comming to this site back in Nov/Dec ish and reading all these fabulous success stories and looking all the posted before & after pics thinking this is going to be me some day. For everyone just starting their journey know you can do it! YOU will be posting your success stories and YOUR before & after pics :D I've had friends ask me what was my "ahha moment" or what finally "clicked". Gosh I wish I had an answer and I could bottle it up because I'd be rich, LOL, but I can't pin point it for sure, all I can say is I KNEW I was going to do it, that I was going to be successfull, and that I wasn't going to stop and beat myself up if I have a bad day, that I just need to keep headed in the right direction. I guess I just visualize myself at goal and just keep working hard to get there.

The excercise was hard at first but I was an athlete as a teen and my competitive spirit has come back full force, hehe, and I do love working out. I used to go to the bar after work to relive stress or go out to dinner and stuff my face, now I go to the gym. I guess I've sort of traded one addiction for another at least it's a healthier one.

The "diet" part is harder for me. I don't concider myself on a "diet" because I eat what I want in moderation, but I have changed what and how much I eat big time. Look I like food I weighed 240 lbs because I sat on my butt and I ate a ton of crappy foods. I ate fast food everyday. I haven't had a bite of it in 260 days. It's something I know I can't do. I'm too scared to eat fast food. I admit that I have a hard time on days I'm not busy and not working out. Days where I'm just relaxing around the house. That's when I want to snack all day. Some days I can resist other times I give in and go over my daily calories. The key is I don't let this STOP me, I don't think that's it I blew it why bother. You can't think like that, you just have to learn from it and move on. I know it will slow down my weight loss if I eat over my cal to often but I'm not going to gain what I already lost over night. I still write it all down, so when I get close to 500 cal over I think oh crap I need to stop this nonsense. I'm still learning how to deal with this. Any advice on mindless snacking would be appreciated :D

Sorry, for the book this morning, just wanted to get some of that stuff off my chest....thanks :hug:

Wow. That's fantastic! I don't know if I'd have the patience to lose only 1.5lbs a week and not give up. What a fabulous accomplishment!

:balloons:
Congratulations.
Thanks Alana, "only 1.5lbs a week" I think 1.5lbs a week is still pretty awesome! Rule #1 do not get discouraged when your weight loss slows down, because it will, remember you are still LOSING! It took me 8 years to put on this weight and only 260 days to lose 75lbs, that's pretty fast if you look at it that way :D

Congratulations Daniella!I'm so happy for you! I can hear the joy in your post and it makes me so happy! This board is so great because only those who have suffered with similar weight issues can fully appreciate what it feels like to get control over it. As for losing slower, I'm glad you are being patient. It isn't so hard to have the patience when your body is already looking so wonderful. :high:
H8cake, don't know if I told you this before but I LOVE your user name, for some reason it always cracks me up. Thank you and YES, the best part of this board is others understanding where you are coming from. I don't know anyone that has lost so much weight before and my best friend is crazy skinny. She is super supportive but she doesn't understand some of the emotions I've been going through. That's why I come here!

Wow. Wow. WOW!!! What an amazing job you've done. Your pictures are SPECTACULAR. YOU are spectacular. What an incredible transformation.

Oh and I remember when I called Lane Bryant and told them - stop sending me your catalogs! It was a FANTASTIC feeling.
Robin, I SO need to call Lane Bryant and do that too!

Congratulations girlie!! :hug:

You are like way more toned than I am...I guess I should have started weights sooner :lol: You are an inspiration to me and I'm guessing you could probably get to 140 if you are still losing now!
Thanks, Diva!! I'm still losing, I still eat 1700 calories so I have room to drop them when it slows down too much. I was thinking about going to 1500 when I only start to see a 1 lb a week loss. Any you are an inspiration to me too! I still remember how happy you were in that pic wearing your size 14 jeans :hug: And it's not to late to start lifting weights, get to it girl and lift heavy!

CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!! I am so proud of you and I know you are so proud of yourself! And you SHOULD BE!!!!! Hard work and determination are your first and middle names. I have no doubt that you will get to where you need to be (but man you look HAWT where you are!) and I am pleased to share this journey with you :)
Where to I start with you cfmama LOL You make it look like a cake walk and I love your positive attitude! It is a pleasure to follow your journey as well :hug:

Congrats!! I love the pictures of you and your hubby in Hawaii; you both look so fit and athletic and (most importantly) HAPPY!

Seeing posts like yours makes me so happy. I try to visualize myself getting to that point and writing a joyous post. Thanks doin' it and keeping the hope that the rest of us can and will get there!
Thanks KnitALisa! Don't stop visualizing yourself at goal (it's a powerfull tool)because I want to read about your success story :D

carps
06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
wow - so good to see the numbers translate. Your stats are exactly like mine, and I was wondering what 75pounds would look like (realising we are all different) as I am trying to lose that for a special occasion coming up - with an ultimate goal of 100 pounds. It sure doesnt look like you have another 25 to lose - but only you can know how you feel and what is right for you.
thanks so much for proving it can be done! you look amazing.

Michelle1210
06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Again kudos for a job well done...you deserve a facial!!

MugCanDoIt
06-11-2009, 02:29 PM
lookin hot girl!

daniela
06-11-2009, 03:02 PM
wow - so good to see the numbers translate. Your stats are exactly like mine, and I was wondering what 75pounds would look like (realising we are all different) as I am trying to lose that for a special occasion coming up - with an ultimate goal of 100 pounds. It sure doesnt look like you have another 25 to lose - but only you can know how you feel and what is right for you.
thanks so much for proving it can be done! you look amazing.

You should take some pictures now so you have something to compare to. I wish I took one of these when those jeans were too tight and my chunk was spilling over the top. I did look on the LB website this morning and it says a size 20 is a 40 inch waist.

You can do this Carps!

Cinnamon
06-11-2009, 03:07 PM
YAY! That's so great. congratulations & great job

dietcokehead98
06-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Amazing! And cute tops, btw...
I dream of my tummy looking like that. You're so inspiring, thank you!

nursechic
06-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Congratulations. You're an inspiration. I have just started back after being off the wagon a few months.

nineoceansaway
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
congratulations! That's very inspiring!

ladyviv
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh, WOW! Way to Go! You have done fantastic! If you feel you need to go more, then do it!

katallan
06-13-2009, 12:31 AM
You look great! Your hard work has really paid off!

caitybates
06-14-2009, 08:27 AM
you look fantasticccc

forestroad
06-14-2009, 09:03 AM
OMG what did you do to get those abs?!

If you are 19% body fat at 165lbs, that means you are about 134lbs of lean body mass (awesome!). So if you lose only body fat and get to 140, you would only have 6lbs of fat on your entire body! That's only 4% body fat, and women are supposed to have 10%-12% at the bare minimum, so maybe you should see a nutritionist/trainer and re-evaluate your goals. I am struggling with this myself, having once been 120 but weak and now working towards 140 but strong.

Lizzyg
06-14-2009, 12:15 PM
:carrot: Wow! Amazing!!!!

paperSkin
06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow! Amazing work Daniela.. your work is totally paying off! Great pictures too!

newleaf123
06-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Congratulations!! You look wonderful!!

Jasmine31
06-18-2009, 03:39 AM
WTG Daniela! I am so proud of you! I must say I am jelly of that last pic! Whoohoo!!

Mrs Snark
06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Holy cow, fantastic! Great job! Really incredible photos, thanks for sharing!

daniela
06-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

OMG what did you do to get those abs?!

If you are 19% body fat at 165lbs, that means you are about 134lbs of lean body mass (awesome!). So if you lose only body fat and get to 140, you would only have 6lbs of fat on your entire body! That's only 4% body fat, and women are supposed to have 10%-12% at the bare minimum, so maybe you should see a nutritionist/trainer and re-evaluate your goals. I am struggling with this myself, having once been 120 but weak and now working towards 140 but strong.

Hi forestroad, First off thanks for the ab compliment :hug: I don't do anything special for my abs I just incorporate a lot of excercises that also work my core. Then I do maybe 2 or 3 ab specific excercises after I lift weights 4 times a week.

As for the body fat suff, omg, that's a whole other long story. I have a trainer and I just re-did my bf testing its 12% 145lbs lean body mass and 20lbs fat. But I question the results. I'm going to see my Dr about it and see what she has to say about it. I'm quite solid under the last few layers of chunk I have left over but I doubt 12% bf maybe 16-18% range. So yes, I am changing my goals, not sure of the specifics yet until I see my Dr.

LovelyComplex
06-24-2009, 05:01 PM
You look awesome! Nice abs. ;)

Congratulations!

Runundefined
06-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow!

I spent some time checking out your pix.
Fantastic!

I needed to see this today.
You are rockin' it!