Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Daily Devotion 6/9

June 9, 2009

For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. Malachi 3:6-7a

North Korea is angry. That's not news.

North Korea always seems to be angry about something or another. Of course, now that North Korea has tested its second nuclear device and now that they have some missiles to deliver said nuclear devices, their anger needs to be taken somewhat more seriously.

So, you might rightly ask, "Just what is North Korea angry about now?"

Simple. They think the world, including and especially the United States, is messing with them. They're probably right. When somebody has a nuclear weapon and a missile which might be aimed at you, you do want to keep a close eye on that somebody.

The interesting thing about North Korea's anger is this: it's saying the truce which ended the Korean War in 1953 isn't valid any longer.

So, does that mean the war is still on? Has it always been on? Did I miss something?

Does that mean the nations which think North Korea's missiles are aimed at them should send in some soldiers? What does it mean?

I get perplexed by global politics; maybe you get puzzled, too.

If so, it is incredibly comforting to read the opening words of our text from Malachi. "I the Lord do not change." Get that? God doesn't change.

Speaking by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Malachi is saying that people change, people wander, people forget God's multitude of kindnesses, but His attitude, His love, and His grace toward us -- because of Jesus -- remains constant.

Amazing! In a changing world, we have a changeless Lord.

This is something to hold on to in the light of North Korea's tirades -- in the face of all the other changes which seem targeted to upset, confuse, and confound.

No matter what, God's love is constant.

THE PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, in changing, confusing times allow us to trust You. Because of Your love we have something secure to hold on to. Because of Jesus we have ongoing forgiveness, eternal salvation, and an ever-present hope. In the Savior's Name I give thanks. Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote