South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default 'Tis Tuesday Twitter Time

We survived Monday and have a brand new day. Right now it's raining here and fairly cool but not cold enough to turn up the furnace. I'm making do with a rather tatty fleece shirt over my summer robe. It's not much of a fashion statement but the dogs love me anyhow.

We worked out some of the Christmas music programmes last night. We will be putting on some sort of entertainment for the five Saturdays before Christmas. One of those will be the Nativity Pageant which I need to script. (At least, I don't have to figure out the plot line! ) Another night a short, fat, elderly woman will be reading A Christmas Carol.

Today I spiff up Disney and get her back in the swing for pet therapy. She had had an ear infection so I've been working with Jazz instead. Disney loves going to the nursing home but hasn't been for four weeks. She knows the drill though and will get all excited when I put on her special scarf.

The Soccer Club car Bingo is tonight - at 5:30 actually - and I have to be there to see how it's run and make some suggestions for fiscal control. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I'll have to miss the Cemetery Board (Bored) meeting but have my report ready to send. It's also the AGM of the Mill Society and an old boyfriend of mine is the guest speaker. I hate to miss that but may be able to catch the end of the show.

With all this stuff happening, food has not been stellar with early "grab and go" meals plus a relaxation drink before bed. This morning I am going to inventory the fridge and freezer and PLAN some quick meals.

I've twittered enough. How does your day look? :cofdate
Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Terrific Tuesday!

I woke up to the booming and crashing of thunderstorms this morning. It's Field Day at school, so I hope they have an alternative plan.
I was dragging all day yesterday, but I'm feeling energized today after a good night's sleep. I had a perfect on-plan day with my eating, too, and it's amazing what a difference that makes on how I feel.
Well, this storm is getting pretty rambuncious and I wonder if we'll lose power, so I'd better get off for now.

I hope everyone's Tuesday is terrrific!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ruth! Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! I was going to post a bit ago but couldn't think of a clever Name for the thread! lol. must be too early and since I have cut out caffiene- It takes me a bit longer to begin to function! Good luck planning your meals today! Have a good one!

This morning I thought I had to work the fitness center(hence I am up at 5:30!) then remembered i took this week off from it. Oh well. I thought I may as well stay up and maybe hit the grocery store before the crowds do! I also have to lay the rest of the tile DH cut yesterday then all we have to do it grout it! whooohoooo! Its been weeks of my house being a wreck and I am soooooo ready to be done with it! dh keeps telling me don't get too excited we still have some of the trimwork to do but I am ok with that! I just want my furniture back in order! Other than that just the usual tidying up before the work week. man the weekends go too fast!

Hope the rest of you chickies to come have a great day! Will check back in later!

Last edited by rdw1; 06-09-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a perfect coffee morning here - dark and rainy.

Ruth - Where there be a YouTube video of that Christmas Carol reading. It sounds charming

Kieran -

Not much going here - just another day in the office. I get to have a variety of pictures taken of my wrist this afternoon. Thought it was a ganglion I could have removed but Dr. thinks it's arthritis. Oh joy. Other than that just paperwork and desk work today. Guess I have to do that some days

My garden is really happy about the rain and I'm happy I don't have to carry water, so no complaints here.

ETA - look what happens when I stop to make breakfast!

Cottage - Good morning and welcome back

Rikki - Can't wait to see the finished pics. Enjoy your extra morning quiet shopping

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-09-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ruth

Thanks for starting the thread and sharing your day. It sounds like you have your work set out for you. Too bad its so chilly...stay bundled, and don't worry I won't call the fashion police.

My day is looking sunny, although it doesn't seem like mid-June. I'm off to early then I have paperwork I need to finish for our pet therapy group.... sorting yarn for the charity knitters....ironing for our friend who is finally coming home from the hospital...processing 2 pumpkins I still have left from last season....and most importantly, taking care of myself and staying on plan.

I'm feeling really great and I have to attribute it to being off the white flour and sugar AND to finding a great support network.

So another day on plan. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks for all your support!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, the only part of winter I like is my fuzzy, warm robe... and a pot of soup. Don't think I could be a Northern Chick.

Cottage, Maybe Plan B is everyone staying home in fuzzy robes.

Rikki, Early morning shopping is the BEST! Have fun!

Cyndi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

KO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TOO!!!!!

Lexxiss, I truly love your attitude about weight loss and life. You make my day!

Me: Auston woke me up at 5:30 saying, "Men have to wake up early to go fishing." For heaven's sake! He and his Daddy are in the basement getting the boat ready. They are going to have big fun.

Today is a long day. Jazzercise after work. I have a couple new routines in the set -- "What's Your Name" by Usher is going to kick my butt, literally! Works glutes hard! "That's Life" by Michael Buble is going to send us on our way on a high note.

Have a wonderful day, Friends.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Plan B sounds like a perfect day! Where do I sign up?!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
I haven't logged on in forever.....I'm an art teacher and the end of the year is always completly hectic, trying to finish projects, and clean the room, then all the school fieldtrips. Not much down time to say the least.
I have been trying to stay on plan. Yesterday was Fun Day for the kids so the teachers had a potluck lunch. I did pretty well, I didn't have a single cookie or cake, They were grilling hotdogs but I passed on them. I stuck to the salad and this slaw made with vinigar and a few meetballs with out a bun. I felt pretty good about it. Now I just need to avoid the pancake breakfast for the kids today. I keep reminding my self how good I feel when I am on plan. That is what I tend to forget when I go off track. Its good to post and journal so that I can see it in writing.
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy, its getting warm here finally. Its starting to feel like summer. I can't wait til the pools open
Have a great day.
Jennie
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #9  

good morning everyone! I'm running behind already so wanted to say a quick hello! You started my day off just rigt
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

good morning everyone. I've got to spend the morning organizing everyone's life and packing, then off to NJ for a couple of days. I'll check in later from the hotel - if there is free internet. Have a good one!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #11  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone! Beautiful Tuesday morning here. About to take my girls to Vacation Bible School, then I have to clean my room so I can shampoo the carpet. Good times...good times...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The mice are back under the sink! Grrrr! Vacuuming, wiping with Lysol and then the Warfarin War begins....and I was having such a nice morning!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #13  
The Pook

S/C/G: 205.5/??/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Good Morning .

It's going to be v. hot here today glad I'm in an AC office. Nothing much going on other than work.

Ruth, I made one of your "peanut butter cups" last night and it was sooo good. I didn't even finish it, that's how satisfying a sweet it was.

Happy Birthday to Cyndi and KO.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Ruth, We had a mouse in our house a couple weeks back. I saw it run across the kitchen. I told Jeff, "We need a cat." He said, "We need a mouse trap!" He set a trap and it was gone within the hour! Brazen little hussy!

I cannot tell you how bored I am today! I hate days like this! If there weren't a client in the lobby, I'd go sit out there and watch TV.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #15  

Chelby - me too with boredom. My mind is saying "go do SOMETHING" but my body needs a break. I'm trying to be respectful of my feet - I had surgery not long ago and one is still recovering. I get so bored though - and when I get bored, I EAT!! Nothing sweet or off limits..just way too much over everything else!

So right now I'm gobbling down water, and journaling. Hoping to get to the root of these emotions rather than feed them.
Closed Thread