Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Going out to eat tonight...

I mentioned this in the weekly thread but this is the last week of school before summer, so my friends and I decided we'd all go out to eat together tonight. After a failure eating wise this weekend I am trying to keep extra tabs on everything I put in my mouth. So I am making a game plan for each restaurant we might go to.

Chili's- Guiltless Grill Salmon (480 cal)
PF Changs- Chang's Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps (420 cal)

Here is the one I'm worried about...
Olive Garden- Salmon Piccata w/ Vegetables (440 cal)
I'm fine with ordering this but the problem is the breadsticks! Endless breadsticks that will be on the table right in front of me the whole time. Who knows if I'll have enough self control? Any suggestions??

I also contemplated the possibility of them wanting to get dessert after but I think I'll just say that I don't want any.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Ah, I went to Olive Garden yesterday and was so disappointed. I mean, I didn't expect it to be great or anything. And my options are limited, being vegetarian. But the salad - not half as good as I remembered, the lettuce was not dark greens. Eh. The minestrone - lots of pasta and only bits of veggies/beans (I'm used to my own with no pasta, lots of beans and veggies), and the pasta was pure mush. And the breadsticks - it was easy to have only one, I wish I had none - they were so blah blah blah. You have to remind yourself that they have garlic on them. Now, the rosemary bread at Macaroni Grill is a different story .

Last edited by JulieJ08; 06-09-2009 at 12:14 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #3  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm vegetarian too, except I eat seafood. So that alone cuts out a lot of options.

Last edited by DRose; 06-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #4  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Get a starter salad or a broth like soup (i think they have minestrone @ olive garden) and try to snack on that instead.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #5  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Chilis has a chicken fajita pita that's really good (450 cals.) and black beans (110) or vegetables for a side.

As for Olive Garden Just say no. lol or chew some gum until your food gets there and eat slow so you're less likely to be tempted.
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #6  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Oh man.. I am a bread fiend and I admit it.. I really like the Olive Garden bread sticks.. this is tough stuff, but my nutritionist tells me when you're dealing with free chips and bread - tell the server as soon as you're seated that you don't want any. That way the temptation is not in front of you. If you're with a friend and she wants them, leave the basket on her side out of your reach!
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote