20-Somethings - Going out to eat tonight...

View Full Version : Going out to eat tonight...

DRose
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
I mentioned this in the weekly thread but this is the last week of school before summer, so my friends and I decided we'd all go out to eat together tonight. After a failure eating wise this weekend I am trying to keep extra tabs on everything I put in my mouth. So I am making a game plan for each restaurant we might go to.

Chili's- Guiltless Grill Salmon (480 cal)
PF Changs- Chang's Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps (420 cal)

Here is the one I'm worried about...
Olive Garden- Salmon Piccata w/ Vegetables (440 cal)
I'm fine with ordering this but the problem is the breadsticks! Endless breadsticks that will be on the table right in front of me the whole time. Who knows if I'll have enough self control? Any suggestions??

I also contemplated the possibility of them wanting to get dessert after but I think I'll just say that I don't want any.

JulieJ08
06-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Ah, I went to Olive Garden yesterday and was so disappointed. I mean, I didn't expect it to be great or anything. And my options are limited, being vegetarian. But the salad - not half as good as I remembered, the lettuce was not dark greens. Eh. The minestrone - lots of pasta and only bits of veggies/beans (I'm used to my own with no pasta, lots of beans and veggies), and the pasta was pure mush. And the breadsticks - it was easy to have only one, I wish I had none - they were so blah blah blah. You have to remind yourself that they have garlic on them. Now, the rosemary bread at Macaroni Grill is a different story :o.

DRose
06-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm vegetarian too, except I eat seafood. So that alone cuts out a lot of options.

misspiggy408
06-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Get a starter salad or a broth like soup (i think they have minestrone @ olive garden) and try to snack on that instead.

AKT
06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Chilis has a chicken fajita pita that's really good (450 cals.) and black beans (110) or vegetables for a side.

As for Olive Garden Just say no. lol or chew some gum until your food gets there and eat slow so you're less likely to be tempted.

PopcornFiend
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh man.. I am a bread fiend and I admit it.. I really like the Olive Garden bread sticks.. this is tough stuff, but my nutritionist tells me when you're dealing with free chips and bread - tell the server as soon as you're seated that you don't want any. That way the temptation is not in front of you. If you're with a friend and she wants them, leave the basket on her side out of your reach!