20-Somethings - *****Weekly CHat June 7th - 13th*****

CakeBatter
06-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I didn't see it started so I took the liberty of doing so after my two week hiatus!!!:carrot:

Hi girls I missed you guys. Just got busy at work and Internet issues at home due to service providers switch. I have been doing great things but I found that I really really need you guys for the moral support. I have lost .8 which is great becuase i have been maintaining but I do so much better eating-wise when I am actively involved with the site. SO here is to a refresh!

Not to mention I was a part of a kazillion challenges and it just got to be too many for me to keep up with. I will chose one for now and stick with it. PLus ALWAYS post on my home thread ...here.

I am up to running 5-1/2 miles now! Woohoo and I am still doing my push-ups and have inc. the medicine ball for my ab work and .....*drumroll please* I have started weight training.

So what have you girls been up to! I totally missed ya"ll and shoutout to my FB girls ...you know who you are...thanks for keeping in touch!

beaka
06-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey! Missed you! You're doing so great!!!

As for me... I'm deciding on whether or not I'm taking a job offer in Rockville, Maryland, so I may be closer to you! Gotta let them know by tomorrow. I also interviewed for a position in Miami and they're checkign references so I think I'll get it too. The pressure is on. :p

I'm at 220.0 this morning. I saw the 219s on the scale last week, but I ate a lot this weekend. But it feels good to be down!!! Hoping to be 215 by the 4th of July weekend. :D

CakeBatter
06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Beaka - Awesome girl. OMG Maryland. I will be in MD tomorrow. Just hop skip and a jump away! GL on the Miami one as well. WTG on 220!!!!!

KnitALisa
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey ladies,

I'm back again. About two days after I recommitted myself to losing weight, I found out I had mono and was on doctors orders to not exercise (like I had the energy...). Sadly, I did not lose weight like crazy (which I thought would be the only upside). The good news is, I'm finally free of the mono and getting a little energy back. My stamina has gone down to nothing, but I'm working on that! Anyways, it's time to get back in the game!

See ya'll around!

starmac13
06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Lisa - what part of virginia are you from? Sorry to hear about mono. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Beaka - rockville. That is so close to us. Miami would be amazing. I know you have a tough decision to make. Good luck. And you are going to see 215 in no time.

Cake - wow 5.5 miles. That is incredible. I am at 2 and hope to be at 3 by the end of the month. So glad you are back.
As for me I did some healthy grocery shopping last night. I have neve had non fat greek yogurt before but I added some fiber 1 and fruit this morning and it was really good. I will be trying so new recipes this week so I will let eveyone know how they go.

talk to you all soon.

Taylor86
06-08-2009, 02:00 PM
- 2 pounds in the last two week!

Woot!

I am adjusting to my new sleep schedule with the dog so I had some muscle shakes at the gym with my trainer. Fatigue. She said it would get better as my body adjusted to the sleep pattern. And told me to nap this afternoon - which I will!

Other than that I am just truckin' along. The peoples fair as in town this weekend and I got a turkey leg and an unbuttered corn cob. I was proud of that. I really wanted chocolate dipped cheesecake, jerk chicken and that deep fried thingy with the powered sugar - but refused.

I am just tired. I need my body adjust to this sleep cycle....and it will, right?

*snooze*

KnitALisa
06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Starmac -Well, I'm from Lexington, but I'm down in Wise right now finishing up school. It's a tiny little town on the "toe" of VA. :) Takes me about an hour of country roads to get to after I get off I81. What about you?

CollegeGirl
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey I am down a pound!!!! It has been 15 days and the scale has not budged and this morning whew right to 163 ahaha YAY!!
Taylor congrats on 2 pounds this week thats awesome!!

stellarosa27
06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey ladies!

Monday's making me grumpy. I went hiking in the heat yesterday, which was fun, but then the boys and I had a cook-out where I had lamb chops (yum) and corn. Don't think its going to kill me too much, but we shall see tomorrow. EEk. I just have to watch my salt because the spice rub we used was salty!

I think I'm going to train for this 60 mile hike next April. Training consists of hiking. A lot. I do that already. It says by the end you have to be able to walk 3 miles in an hour and I can do that now, so I might already be in good shape. I work with a lot of "snobby" runners - they run a lot of marathons and look down on people who don't run (me!) - I figure if I do a 60 mile hike I can say oh, you ran a marathon? I hiked more than TWICE that. ;)

I know. I shouldn't be bitter.

miss shelly84
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Afternoon ladies,

I'm feeling you on the grumpy Monday, stella. I have been receiving calls every day without fail looking for a bill I've already paid, and three days ago at that. I keep reminding them in a gradually less friendly tone that I have paid the bill already, and yet the calls persist. *sigh* Add that to a perpetually grouchy boss and an exhibit that opens up tomorrow, it's been really great. *sarc*

In better news, I have lost 8 lbs over the past 2 weeks or so, five of which were during the previous week. I am somewhere in the mid 220s, depending on the scale. I'm excited, since I haven't been in the mid 220s in quite some time. :)

And, I'm going to see Up tonight, since the last attempt at going to the movies didn't really pan out. Should be fun, pretending to be a kid for an hour and a half.

Congrats on ya'll's losses as well! Keep up the good work!

M

DRose
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Well the weekend didn't go well for me, but I'm already doing well for today. However, I am nervous about tonight. This is my last week in school so my friends and I decided we should all go out to eat together tonight. We haven't chosen a restaurant yet but I'm nervous I'll be tempted to get something bad. Luckily, one of my friends already out ruled Red Robin. Guess I'll choose when I get there... but right now I'm trying to think of someplace so I can plan ahead.

Bee20nine
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Good Evening Yall

Well today has been alright work not too overwhelming etc. There should be a law against making Blue Bell brand ice cream, anything that tastes that good should be illegal. Aunt flow is in full swing and took some steroids, I want ice cream like it was the only thing on this planet worth eating. Ugh. I wore my contacts to work today for the first time. They worked out pretty good, I think I still need to invest in a pair of reading glasses according to the eye doc lady it will take like half the strain to read the computer at work.

bjeweled
06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
hey girls

i still have the horrible bronchitis ugh. ive been taking it easy but i am anxious to get back in the gym. i want to be down by the end of june...remember the boy that broke my heart well we made up and he will be here to talk about what we both want at the end of june. although he could care less about what i look like i want to be back down a bit.

i am in a period of self reflection and trying to figure out what steps i want to take to start this journey on to the rest of my life. i know i want to get my training certifications as soon as i can and take the pre-requisite science classes to begin my DPT (doctor of physical therapy) program. i think i want to move back to stl. i sort of hate kansas city...other than family i dont think this is where i want to be.

beaka - if miami offers u the job i think u should go there. i was sposed to call u but my coughing got out of control tonight. md is cold miami is hot and wonderful and there is a beach. more motivation to stay OP. im praying u make the right decision.

bee - blue bell is the debble! lol:devil:

alana - how u been girl? ive been neglecting our accountability thing but i am back on it soon promise

cake -yr back! i missed ya! and u still havent text me! grrrr

taylor - get some rest and tell that dog to scoot lol

starmac13
06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Lisa - i am from Richmond. If you pass the Short Pump Mall, I can practically wave to you :wave:

brie - hey hey. I am back at it today after a weekend of food tastings. Richmond needs to stop having food festivals and I need to stop going to them

I just made my lunch for tomorrow. Whole wheat pasta with chicken meatballs and broccoli. Hope its good. I have no choice but to eat it. I didnt make it to the gym today, but I went to my salsa lesson. starting next week it is going to be 1 1/2 hours. I am too excited.

Okay time for bed so i can go to the gym tomorrow morning. Night everyone

Iconised Ghost
06-09-2009, 03:40 AM
my plateau is making me so bitter. I see people posting about their "plateaus" and im tempted to make snide comments about how its not a plateau and how they should try 6 months and then they can complain. Its making me lose all my compassion :(

Chele615
06-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Ghost - You'll probably want to snide at me...but I know what you're saying. I've been at the same weight (give or take 1 pound) since April, so for about 2 months and it's really frustrating to read people who write that they haven't lost anything in 3 whole days! LOL

Iconised Ghost
06-09-2009, 07:00 AM
April! April! Pah! ;) its not only frustrating, its making me a cranky person. Im not a cranky person, im pretty happy go lucky really. It sucks :( I honestly want to kill anyone that even mentions weight loss. Even in relation to themselves. If anyone is like "i might join a gym" i'm like RAAAAAAAAAAAGEDONTEVENGOTHEREWITHMEJUSTLEAVEMEALON EWHYMUSTYOUALWAYSBRINGTHATUPJESUSCHRISTWHATSWRONGW ITHYOUPEOPLECANTYOUTHINKABOUTANYTHINGOTHERTHANMYWE IGHTLOSS?!?!?

which is totally unreasonable and uncalled for and out of character

seriously though. I gotta find some meditation or inner peace or make a plan or something. before i kill someone :dizzy:

beaka
06-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I have decided to go with Maryland (calm down, Brie). It'll totally be a better career move for me. Plus, I've never lived up north so it'll be a good experience. So I'll be calling this afternoon and telling them I'll take it. :) Stellarosa: We'll have to talk! And I'll be expecting to see all you Virginia ladies when I'm in MD (especially you, Cake!!!)

miss shelly> I had a horrible cable bill experience from another move. They kept sending me notices and then when I'd call they'd say my balance appeared to be zero. I know your frustration.

Ghost: :hug:

Brie: :hug:

KnitALisa
06-09-2009, 09:02 AM
I was right with ya'll on the cranky Monday. My summer class schedule stinks; on Mondays and Wednesdays I have class from 5 to 9pm with the most vile man on the planet. :mad: Shockingly, he was a bit nicer last night but this is the man who made last Fall a living **** for me. Also, the class is hard and I'm going to have to learn a new programming language which is something that's really hard for me. But, it's only a few weeks rather than a whole semester so I just need to keep reminding myself that.

Starmac - Oh, the Short Pump Mall... I was in Richmond a few months ago for a conference and on the way back we got to stop there. I fell in love with a couch and spent most of the time trying to figure out how to convince the 'rents that I really needed a $2000 couch. For reasons I still can't understand, they did not agree. ;)

Beaka- Congrats on the job! One of my sorority sisters lives in Rockville and she's really liking it up there.

stellarosa27
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Beaka - Congrats!!! Yes, we have to talk!! And it may be cold in MD (not as cold as NJ) but we don't have hurricanes!

Icon -:hug: I can't say I empathize, since I'm not on a plateau and if I'm going up and down its b/c I'm not being completely OP, but I am frustrated lately when anyone else mentions weight loss. I'm just like SHUT UP YOU WEIGH LIKE 120 LBS AND ARE 5'4 YOU'RE PERFECT LEAVEMEALONE. I worked my butt off last night at spinning and then running (and then sleeping) and I'm in a somewhat better mood now.

I just can't wait for this weekend. Party on Saturday. Concert on Sunday. Day off on Monday. I'm so over work and its only Tuesday morning.

Taylor86
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
knit - I am right there with ya on the summer school! I would much rather be at a bar with a nice drink than in class in the summer (and by bar I mean gym and by nice drink I mean elliptical....sort of... hee hee!)

My body is SLOWLY adjusting to this new sleep schedule. My dad said it would take 10 days and that I should also go to bed at the same time every night so I starting doing that last night...

I got some blueberries and organic strawberries yesterday on sale and that was exciting...

I am seeing RENT on thursday (it is a musical that is in Denver - if you know what it is be jealous :-) ) and I am SUPER excited about that. I am going to a french resturant before hand...which will be a meal off my plan and meh - I am cool with it.

Any suggestions as to what meal to look at at a french place? I have never been to one...

beaka - I am so glad you choose maryland! Congrats and I pray your move goes well!

ghost - I heart you. Don't worry - you WILL get through this. I bet you are loosing inches instead of pounds. Are you weight lifting at all?

Love you girls! Happy Tuesday!

stellarosa27
06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Rent is the BEST MUSICAL EVER!!!

DanSinDeva
06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I 2nd Rent is the best, I love it, CRIED MY EYES OUT the first time and it was that the standing ovation, I was right in front of them and just couldn't look up at them without balling i was so happy with the performance. :D still cry every time i see it. :o

SO I quit drinking ALL last week, and then on friday we decided to make a rule that we only drink on Fridays, but still follow the detox schedule, which ends after tomorrow. But I've decided I'm going to pretty much stick to it through the end of this month, I'm losing like a lb a day, and will hopefully hit my 6lb goal for the 9 day detox by tomorrow, I'm at 4.8 loss in 8 days, so i'm thinking tomorrow i'll be there, I have too, right?

Plateau girls - the reason i started the fat smash was because I was working so hard and seeing no results, I dont think I was even losing any inches. I read the forums here, and joined the yahoo group, bought the book and started on the 1st. Everyone said they lost 8-10 lbs, so I set my goal at 6lbs, and hoped for the best. There is no drinking anything but water and maybe some decaf herbal tea, all fresh fruits and veggies, no meat, and some other rules, but dang, it works, and I notice that I'm much happier and focused! haha, who would have thought not drinking every day would make me feel better! I'm just a party animal, so I enjoy drinking. So anyway, maybe check it out. I'm at my lowest weight ever since I started in Sept08.

Cake! - I'm so glad you are back, and might I say DAAAAAAAMN girl, that's awesome 5 1/2 miles, you are my hero! I've been SOO lazy and now i have summer school, i'm not lifting because my lifting partner is out. I'm working on running 3 miles a day atleast again, yesterday was 3.1, and i WILL do it again today!

Beaka - Girl you've been gone for a min. too!!! Congrats on the job offers, I hope MD works out for you, I'm not sure I could pass up FL either, but I was born in AZ, I LOVE HEAT!! haha, but now you'll get to hand with Cake and Star, that'll be FUN FUN!!

Taylor - hope your body adjusts quickly, 2lbs is great though! Have fun at Rent!!!

Brie - :hug: bronchitis is so annoying, hope you feel better, FAST!

Knit - What language are you learning? I just took my first attempt at any language, C#, and failed miserably. I'm going to try and understand on my own with my text book, and I also bought head first C#, but hopefully i can comprehend this during this semester coming up on my own before i pay for the class again. I feel like I started backwards though, with the newest language first, I kind of regret not taking VB first...What do you think? I was all excited about it, now i'm just like WHAT??? I need a good teacher and tutor i guess.

Stella - I feel ya on the weekend, I have a party on Saturday too, and its for a real good friend of mine i just haven't had time to see in a long while!! WOOT WOOT! that's my cheat day instead of friday..drinking wise, i'll eat good both days :-)

EVERYONE ELSE! :wave: Hope your days are good and better than yesterday!!

Ta ta ladies

DanSinDeva
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
OH YEAH I forgot, Don't know how but I did! I CHOPPED my hair off this weekend, it's freaking HOT in AZ and I just couldn't take it anymore. I need to post pictures, I'll see if I can get some tonight or tomorrow morning when its at its best. I love short hair! But I got a lil bit of color too, which i'm not so happy about, its cute, but I wish i would have asked them to darken my hair first, then highlight...anywho..stayed tuned, the BF loves it!! That's a plus! He just kept saying, damn i can't get over how much i like your hair. teehee!

Chele615
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
OMG...I ADORE RENT!!! I have seen it like 7 times already both on Broadway and in Boston. It's coming my way this summer and I am planning on going. I'm so excited to see Anthony Rapp as Mark because he is fabulous!!! The first time I saw it, I was like 18 years old and my dad took me during my spring break from college since my college's was earlier than my friends'. Anyway, imagine my horror when they did an orgy scene and I'm sitting next to my dad!! I could have died of embarrassment ;)

I can't believe it's only Tuesday!!! I swear, this week is going to be one of the longest ones ever and the kids are all CRAZY HYPER this week!!! haha

miss shelly84
06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Blah... I am having a "fat day". I feel like I'm totally ugly, especially since the scale is going up again. :(

I do like Rent though. Best musical ever.

M

NishKitten
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Hihi darlings!

I'm not up to anything. At all. I'm trying to save a bajillion dollars to move March of next year, still looking for a real job, and I haven't had a sip of anything even remotely alcoholic in days. Go ahead and gasp, i'm surprised i'm still alive too. I was worried that I would be unable to function without booze at this point, but apparently i'm good. lmfao. That being said, I think i'm done with liquor. I was starting to use it as a crutch and that is not a habit I need. I gave up peen too (cue more dramatic gasps) for that reason as well. I did some soul searching and discovered that I really don't like men. At all. So until I can get my misandrist sentiments under control, it's not fair to wage emotional warfare on unsuspecting innocent young men for no real reason other than I have nothing better to do.

I'm going backpacking for five days this weekend provided it doesn't start raining again.

The dietitians orders were what I needed, i'm down 4 pounds since I saw him. It is slow going, but apparently i've been starving myself unintentionally for a while and it's going to take my body awhile to adjust. I fit into a pair of American Apparel size 27 skinny jeans (don't even ask how the crap that happened, I don't know) which made me absolutely ecstatic.

Beaka -- YAY!!!!!!! You being in MD gives me an excuse to come up to Baltimore. Where is Ashlan? ROAD TRIP!

Dansin -- Where are the pics? Let's go!

Taylor -- I am jealous. :D I *love* Rent, I bawled during it too.

Ashlan -- 5.5 miles!!!!! :hug: I'm so proud of you boo! I would love to go running with you. I don't think my knees have many miles left, it's been taking me longer and longer to recover. My knees have been swollen for 3 days since doing sprints on Sunday. I'm going to have to restrict it to cushioned treadmill only. :(

Bee -- Have you tried to skinny cow ice cream sandwiches? I just bought some last night because I remembered seeing the brand in the forums. OMG they are so good, and HUGE! And only 140 cals a sandwich. :D

Knit -- I used to head over to Short Pump regularly until I discovered Coplons and now i'm always over there ogling the Louboutin's, trying them on, and dreaming about owning a pair. LoL.

Ghost -- Just threaten one of them, at least get it out of your system. LoL. :p

Brie -- Don't get excited yet, but when I move, i'll probably be headed back to STL. :D

Shelly -- How was the movie? I want to see Up a lot, but instead got seduced by The Hangover. Funniest effing movie I have seen in awhile, but I also enjoy crude gross-out humor. LoL.

KnitALisa
06-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Taylor - I so hear ya! I hate summer school more than anything because it's so hard not to have a break. (Yes, I can hear all you working ladies out there rolling your eyes, ya'll are getting paid!) I'd really like to be able to go home and spend a couple of weeks with the family, but school kinda makes that not possible.

Stephanie - I spent last summer in pain trying to learn C++. I made an A, but it was only by the kindness of a very patient prof who tolerated me dropping by all the time, going "WHY DOESN'T IT WORK?!?!":tantrum:(I'm pretty sure I looked just like that!) This summer, I'm taking Modeling and Simulation. I could do most of the stuff in C++ again, but it would make my life a lot harder. So I'm trying to learn Visual Basic for Excel on my own. It doesn't like me. For some reason, my data is showing up in random cells. Ugh, I don't know. I'm going to email my code to the prof and pray he tells me how to fix it. Anyways, I totally feel your pain on the coding and learning languages. I've found that people who have never tried it have absolutely no concept of how hard it is, especially if you don't have one of those minds that can take an abstract problem and put it into math and then put the math into computer lingo and then find a solution. Ugh, sorry for the rant. :mad: I just hate this class!

Ok, I'm leaving the lab now. I'm accomplishing nothing and am just gradually hating my life more and more. Time to go get some fresh air.

KEmery08
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Random, but RENT is amazing. I am partial to Wicked though. I cried during Defying Gravity because I had waited so long to see it. :)

I'm doing excellent. I've lost a whopping two pounds in 5 days! YAY!

stellarosa27
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Sigh. I gained 1.2 lbs. I don't understand it. I lose weight before TOM and gain it after? I did have a lot of salt this weekend, so we'll see what happens. I just had a mini-binge and went over my points, but it was all healthy food. Turkey enchiladas with avocados, salsa and black bean dip, with brown rice and corn on the cob. Tomorrow I'm going to do the "Wendie Plan" for WW - I found it on the WW forum, you just vary your points each day instead of doing the regular with FP as extra. This is more structured, so we'll see what happens. I also vow to get my A$$ out of bed each morning and work out, instead of after work. I just feel like I get a better work out afterwork, and since its starting to get humid I'll be less inclined to skip due to the weather. Sigh. I've got to get myself out of this negative funk. I don't understand it. I think I just need a hug.

Love to all of you ladies - you inspire me to keep going and not give up! :)

amyleigh
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
grrr i wrote a huge update today with a buttload of personals and took forever doing it and of course i was doing it while we had a HUGE storm, lightening hit somewhere on my street and knocked the internet out as i was posting it. i wish i had time now to do it again, but unfortunately i have to do homework. i'll catch up with you all tomorrow, hopefully.

just wanted to send you all warm wishes and sweet dreams!

Taylor86
06-10-2009, 12:04 AM
KE - Oh, Wicked is my favorite too! We played "For Good" at my moms funeral. To this day I cannot listen to that song without completely loosing it. Such a good musical! What are your other favorites?

bjeweled
06-10-2009, 02:01 AM
nisha - :D i think i am on my way back to stl as well. i am at home with my mom for a bit and i really despise kansas city. i think i want to call the lou my home. i am glad u stopped drinking esp if it was becoming too much...as for the giving up peen i cant support that lmfao! j/k do you girl! you deserve it:hug:

dansin - i still feel like crud but i am hoping it passes i am so ready to begin my detox but i dont want to do it without being able to workout...
pics of your hair please i love short hair and i am growing mine out so i need to live vicariously through you lol

taylor - u will get used to it just stick to it and take care of yourself! i am glad yr going to see rent and have fun and enjoy every morsel of that french cuisine.

alana - food tastings are gonna happen just get back to it. its hard to pass up summer fun

ridiculous case of insomnia cause i took a long late nap today. i guess i will try to sleep soon *sighs*

Iconised Ghost
06-10-2009, 04:55 AM
taylor- i checked a few days ago, i am exactly the same size in weight and inches as i was in december >:| I have been weight lifting :(

nish- its very tempting :D but its more likely to end up heading for some poor innocent on the board, who doesnt deserve it at all.

I will not, WILL NOT, read the new "how did you get over your plateau thread"

NishKitten
06-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Ghost -- You're probably a naturally heavy effing mesomorph just like me. I can NOT, EVER lose weight if i'm lifting. Even if I use two pound weenie weights, I won't budge the scale. I put on muscle way too easily. I do 30DS with half-full 16 oz water bottles just for that reason and stick strictly to cardio.

Brie -- I feel you in KC, it's infested with collegiate EMO's (the worst kind, imo) and a bunch of lame crap that only appeals to old people and fatheads who wear H&M scarves in the middle of f*$%ing July. I don't support quitting peen cold turkey either, trust me. I think i'm getting a nervous twitch. I dunno, I had some dude over and we were watching a movie. I was leaning in to kiss him and all the sudden my brain went, "Who the f*#$ IS this!?" So I sat up and looked at him and told him, "I don't know you. Get out." He's been calling and texting me since trying desperately to figure out what happened, but I haven't answered. It started feeling like a compulsion, not something I was enjoying. Honestly after surviving my wild child days, i'm not trying to repeat those personality patterns as an adult. I'm in my twenties. I need to grow the **** up.

Amy -- We had storms here last night too. Fortunately no electricity outages, but that sucks!

Stella -- Urgh, I know what you mean. I'm +7 today from yesterday and have no earthly idea why. LoL. My jeans slipped on fine, so i'm just going to pretend like I didn't see that number on the scale and carry on. I'm tempted to just start going by measurements and clothing size only, and only use the scale once I start maintaining. All we're doing by relying on those numbers as anything more than a guide is depressing ourselves, I think. :hug:

stellarosa27
06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Sigh. Okay. Wednesday GO.

I woke up - went to the gym - sweated my butt off - and I feel slightly better. Nish, I think you're right. The number just serves to depress us. Unfortunately, with weight watchers I have to weigh myself every week, so I'm just going to stick to that. Or I might cheat and weigh myself Tuesday night at the meeting and then sneak up and use the scale Wednesday morning. I know it would be a false loss, but the lower number would at least make me feel better. My pants and everything are still falling off of me, so maybe its just bloat from the salt and the hotter weather. I swear to goodness that I swell when its hot/humid out.

Amy we had storms here last night as well. Took me 70 minutes to drive 15 miles. I wanted to hurt someone, but made it to the gym just in time for spin and worked off a lot of that aggression.

Brie - glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

Icon - Don't read it. Has your trainer said anything about the plateau?

Talina
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I disappeared for a bit because I've been moving and won't get internet until Monday. I'm still settling into my new house, but it's so good to finally feel like I have a home again. So far I've been really good with the new kitchen. I'm being sure to stock it with mostly healthy foods. This is cutting out a lot of junk that I used to be constantly offered by family. I was usually good about turning it down, but now I don't really want it much since it isn't around. I weighed myself for the first time in over a week. I was shocked to see it down 11lbs(sorry ghost) and lower than my weight throughout high school. This put me with a 'healthy' bmi. I was happy at first, but then got worried that it's just a really strange day, or that I'm losing way too fast that it's unhealthy and won't stay off. I haven't noticed any real change in how my clothes are fitting.
I'm going on vacation this weekend and really hope that I can keep it off.

I'm not going to do personals now because I need to get home. I don't like using the internet on campus, but I don't have much choice right now.

DanSinDeva
06-10-2009, 04:24 PM
nish - I quit drinking for 5 days, it was fantastic, I'm only drinking once a week now! SOon it will be special occasion! Sweet 4lbs down, glad your friend helped ya settle that! I saw hangover this weekend too, hilarious!! Have fun backpacking, I hope it doesn't rain, I can't wait to do that stuff again! The scale is definitely a guide to depression, it turns a skinny feeling day into a messed up out of whack day, like i want to kill people!

Lisa - I agree, I can't believe some of the people in my class even think about taking computer courses like programming, I would never do it w/o some sort of experience. I get it, it's just reading problems and extracting what I'm supposed to do, its so boring reading 6 paragraphs of a question just to make a program. hahaha! I just let life get in the way, and didn't stay focused. You can go to dreamincode.com and get a username and password for that, they will help you with everything. They have a strict rule that they will not do your homework for you, so you have to provide them with your code, and then they will help you with it. It's pretty cool! Enjoy the fresh air, I do that in class too!

Kemery - I love Wicked too, I read the book and HAD to see it on stage. I love his books now. 2 lbs in 5 days is pretty good!

stella - good luck getting up in the AM, its tough, but definitely worth it! :hug: don't sweat the gain, you'll lose it in NO time, specially if you get up early!!

Amy - :wave: sorry about the power outage, at least you didn't like hit the back button or something and lose it all that way. :D

Brie - totally understand wanting to work out while on detox, it makes it more worth doing!!

talina - holy moly 11lbs, thats fantastic! Settle in, then come talk to us, we'll be here :-)

Ok, so I didn't do pictures last night cause it was MESSED up from my run, then i woke up super late this morning and didn't really do it, so I need to remember to take em tomorrow morning! Finished detox, and i'm down 5.8lbs which is close enough to my 6lb goal, so I"m stoked! I think I'm going to eat like normal tonight and then detox again starting tomorrow with saturday cheat day, its my friends 30th b-day, gotta party! SOOOO i'm at my lowest weight again, and it's just going to keep going. I'm sure I weighed less than this during my college softball days and maybe drug induced days, but that doesn't count, i hadn't let me metabolism settle from high school and below. :D CAN Not WAIT until this damn beer belly inner tube is off me, damn, its the only thing left I have to lose :( Thass it for me, gonna do the elliptical today, ran my 5k yesterday and i'm not sure my legs can take it today! Have a good one ladies!

Iconised Ghost
06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
stella- he gave me an eating plan but i havent been able to stick to it because nothing helps so why bother >.<

bjeweled
06-10-2009, 05:24 PM
well today i feel better i decided to sleep like a baby yesterday and today i am going to give the dog a bath, clean the kitchen and chill today.
hopefully i will be ready to workout tomorrow.

ghost - dont take this the wrong way. but i kno youve been having different moments of binging etc. i dont think yr on a plateau. a plateau is when u dont binge, dont go over cals, eat healthy and consistently exercise and yr weight doesnt budge. maybe if u try to not binge and follow the nutritionists plan for at least a week to ten days with no slip ups it will work for you. i am pretty sure it will.

nish- well i totally agree about kc. and about not repeating yr childish ways. i was too a wild child and have to stop myself from slipping. the thing about kc is that girls and ppl always hated me here and ive seen some of these ppl and new ppl and thats the going theme. i know now in my old age that it is jealousy but they made my childhood miserable. and i am the one who is cordial! i should be being the b**ch but they still are rude and mean. i was like un unH! u will not have me unhappy i gotta go!

dansin - i am sooo happy for you being at yr low weight! keep it going! and liquor will always be there it tastes so much better when u miss it lol

miss shelly84
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Greetings all,

Well, my week keeps getting better. *sarc*

My boss has been getting on my last nerve recently. First off, we had the exhibit opening yesterday night. Not only did I have nothing to wear and felt like a total fatty mcfattypants, I arrived to find out that I was the only paid employee without any kind of name tag. Even some of the interns got name tags, but not me. :mad:

Then today there were all these people here to which we were showing off our collection. I asked my boss if I was invited to show off the collection, and she said no, that I should be working. So, I worked my butt off, until my back was hurting and my patience was wearing thin, and then I told them I was done doing what I was doing. And then, the boss totally rails on me for not doing it exactly the way she wanted it, and I was back to the dungeon again.

Tell me, am I really such a useless expenditure that I should be treated this way? *simmers*

I think I will have a quiet night tonight, and sit around and watch Mythbusters when it comes on this evening. So, if and when you don't see me tonight, that's where I be.

On a slightly happier note, my weight is slowly inching back down, so maybe I'll be doing better. I've pretty much decided to try to maintain in these last few days before I move, cause there is so much to do that I really don't have time to sit and plan too much out.

To personals--

Beaka- Yup, sounds like my cable company. I also had a hospital bill that turned out similar to that. The insurance covered the bill, but only right before they started getting nasty with me. But yeah, technology for everything doesn't necessarily make things better.

Nish- Up was brilliant! I have been a fan of Pixar movies since they started making them, and I have to say that this was one of their better ones. (Still not as good as Wall-E though. :cool:) The Hangover looked like an interesting movie... but not really my type off movie. Glad you enjoyed yourself though.

DanSin- Glad your detox went well. It's good to do that sort of thing every once and awhile, I've done things like that and it makes a HUGE difference in the way I feel. And the 5.8 lbs loss just makes it all the more worthwhile. :)

Welp, I will see you guys once I cool down a bit. (But the personals helped some.) ttyl.

M

DanSinDeva
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Icon - i agree with Brie, try it consistently and see what happens!! I was cheating way too much, that's why i did detox.

Brie - YAY, I'm so glad you had a sleep day, and I know you'll be ready for working out tomorrow!! Definitely agree that liquor is better when you miss it!! I'm totally over drinking on the weekdays...do you know how much money that saves me, I even drink at home!! haha, my liver loves me again too!

Shelly - that is just not right, what can't you do show offs too. They need to tell you why? Hope your week gets better!!

stellarosa27
06-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Icon - I'm sending you a long range hug. A big one.

Shelly - That really does suck about your boss, I'm sorry. My boss can be fairly unreasonable at times and its SO frustrating.

DanSin - that's great! Congratulations on the loss and way to go on the drinking thing.

Is it just me or did today just SUCK!? I tried to have a positive attitude, but it all crashed down at about 1pm.

I stayed within my points, worked out (yay me) but got some really bad news at work. The jerk I went to Michigan with was just assigned to one of my "twin" studies so now I'm going to have to work hand and hand with him on a day to day basis. This basically means I will now have to fight with him 24-7 because he thinks everyone is dumber than him, specifically women. Someone please just shoot me. I just came home and bawled through most of the sisterhood of the traveling pants 2. The only reason I stopped was because the boys came home and I refuse to cry in front of them. AND I just found out that a friend of mine (the one I went to visit in PA) got fired today...for some reason this is making me sick with worry, possibly for selfish reasons.

I'm just going to take a deep breath and hope the weekend gets here FAST.

Iconised Ghost
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Binging? I've binged the odd time, but in 6 months thats probably normal. Looking back over my records, which i keep everyday, last time i went over my calories was...April 28th where i was over by 228, not sure if that counts as a binge. Before that was the 23rd March, where i was over by around 300 (it was the day after my birthday so i suspect that has something to do with that). Before that was the 21st Feb where i went over by around 464. Before that was the 4th Feb where i was over by 680. So dont take this the wrong way, but i HAVENT been having that many moments of binging etc ;P I have upped my calorie allowance lately to try and move the weight, maybe thats what you mean by binging? But it was upped with things like whole grain bread and fruit, i didnt just add a pie a day :dizzy:

Stella- thanks :hug:

amyleigh
06-10-2009, 11:25 PM
sadly, no time to write much...again, because i have too much freakin homework

BUT i have a mini reason to celebrate. I was getting ready to go to water aerobics this morning (for the first time ever) and i put on my bathing suit and happened to catch a glimpse of my back in the full length mirror, and I have no more love handles on my back! both my upper back flab and lower back flab have combined into one continuous back flab haha. the most exciting part about that is that i won't have to worry about that gross back sweat when the temp hits 90. SWEET!

Bee20nine
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Sup Chickadees?

I will do personals this evening. I tried last night and got about 1/4 of the way done and got distracted and forgot about it.

My aunt flow time is coming to an end, thank god. All the water I have been retaining for the last week has been making its exit today. I knew the scale lied this morning. I peed what seemed like for freakin' ever this morning and then got on the scale still said +3lbs. Work has been a bit overwhelming this week but I am taking it in bits and pieces today. I am so ready for 5pm friday.

DanSinDeva
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Stella - that sux you got partnered up with useless! :hug: how is your day today? Hope it gets better!

Icon - OH no, I don't know whats up then, you have to get there though, don't give up! You are doing great then, your body is just being stubborn!!

Amy - nice NSV!

Bee - AMEN on Friday! I love fridays at 2:08!! haha, 2:08 is really 2:15 here, so thats my 5pm! WOOWHO!

Where is everyone today? Dang!!! So I had this quiz today, and the teacher always puts tricky questions on it. SOOOO we all missed this one question, and he wouldn't listen to our reasoning, i mean i get why our answer was wrong, but it really wasn't wrong. I know you can't understand, but still don't you hate when teachers do that stuff, I mean its summer school, all we have quizzes and exams, and the quizzes are 5 questions so missing one is an 80% its nonsense!! I hate getting anything less than an A, its dumb. Oh well, I figured it out I can still get an A, just have to watch the tricky ones! I'm so bored at work it's driving me crazy, I can't wait for tomorrow, me, the BF and the roomies are going golfing after work, 3:20 tee time. WOOWHO! Hope everyone is doing good!

Taylor86
06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I just bought a size 1 pants at lane bryant! I can't believe it!!!

beaka
06-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Dansin: HEY!!! YOu know I'm ready to see that haircut!!!

Amyleigh: YAY for no love handles!!!I'll be so happy when I get rid of my rolls!

Ghost: :?: I dunno what to say, but I do hope you see some progress soon.

Stellarosa: Hey future neighbor!!! Sorry you had a bad day though. Maybe you'll be the one to set that jerk straight.

Miss Shelly: I know all about being underappreciated People who are jerks at work have lives that suck at home. Pity them.

Brie: What's this about going back to Stl?!?! You're supposed to be coming here!!!

Nish: Why you gotta make me feel bad? I had on an H&M scarf yesterday. But it was a summery sheer one. :p

So... I know I haven't been on here too hard lately. I've been crazy busy. The show that I'm in is coming up next week. Haven't been to hard on myself with the working out and eating. I'm about 50% with it right now. I'll be back on track soon. I did the 30 Day Shred level 1 for the first time. I'm gonna try to make myself go get on the elliptical later too. I skipped working out with my trainer yesterday, so I feel the need to make up for it. I still hope to be 215 by 4th of July Weekend!!!

Oh, and I know you all live too far to come, but here's the link to the show I'm in : http://www.thesaartjieproject.org/The_Saartjie_Project/The_Saartjie_Project_South..html just sharing :):D

I hope all of you ladies are eating well and feeling good. Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

Chele615
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
My 10 month old nephew is enthralled by the laptop...so much so that he managed to snap off my "S" button. I thought I had it fixed, but now I'm thinking I wasn't as successful as I thought I was. Any ideas on how to fix it? It doesn't snap back in....or at least not like I would think it would.

Iconised Ghost
06-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Chele- oh snap, i did that to my keys once (trying to clean my keyboard lol) and had great trouble getting some back in (i swear the space bar has not been the same since xD). I would try getting the key over its little dot thing as exactly as possible before you try and click it in. If that doesnt work, check the space its trying to get into for anything like crumbs etc that might be hiding in there making it difficult for the key to stick in again. And also check the key that came off and its space to make sure nothing has actually snapped off and broken. Good luck!

Beaka and DanSin- i know, its very perplexing. At first i was also like "i must be cheating" but im not :( Im gradually bringing my self onto my PTs eating plan this week, so i will have an awesome week eating wise next week, maybe that will make a change

stellarosa27
06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
DanSin - Argh. That sucks. Quizzes should be more than 10 questions...

Beaka - the show looks really cool! Break a leg!

Taylor & Amy - WAY TO GO !!! :carrot:

Icon - good luck with the PT eating plan :)

As for me, today was a lot better. I slept through my alarm/power went out/something this morning so I missed the gym, and I was just like you know what, that's okay, I'll go after work. So I just packed my stuff and headed out to work. I'm still somewhat grumpy, but I think that's just because of what I had to do - I'm not a computer person, and I had to test the friggin website again - then when I broke it, they got mad, and I was like well, you TOLD me to try and break it!! Anyway. Idiot d-bag is back tomorrow, and I have to meet with him. This may not be as bad as I think. I'm just going to be positive and see where it gets me. And if it IS as bad as I think, so what, its Friday and I have off on Monday :) :) :)

I've also been really planning out my days food wise. Since my points are varying from day to day (trying a new thing) I have to bring enough food with me for the day, and I have to know what I'm having for dinner. I feel a lot better about this than this past week, and I even feel like I'm less bloated. The weather has cooled down, so maybe that's it. I've decided to be DD for the concert on Sunday, so I won't be able to drink too much and I'll stay more OP.

I hope all of you are doing well :)

beaka
06-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Can't sleep. Going for a little 5 am elliptical time... yeah, i can't believe it either...

amyleigh
06-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Hellllooooo Ladies!

So, I finally have time for an update...though there's not much to tell. First, I found out on Thursday that I passed my comps! (I can't remember if I shared that already or not, these past few days have been a bit of a blur). I also have caught up with a few friends in the last few days that I haven't seen forever, all of whom kept talking about how good I looked, which really boosted my confidence, but started to get annoying after a while. It seemed like all they wanted to talk about was my weight loss, which is cool and all, but it's not like there aren't a bajillion other things we haven't talked about yet since it's been a few years. I know I shouldn't complain, but I didn't want the discussion to be about me, and of all things my weight. My weight's never really been something I talk about much because I'm happy with it and pretty much have been since high school. They knew I went on this weight loss journey for health reasons and they know my opinions on the topic, so it was weird for me.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm super excited because tomorrow is Philly Pride, so a bunch of my friends and I are heading over for that. I went to DC Pride a few years back, but have somehow managed to have something going on EVERY year on the day of Philly Pride. It should be good times! (In the words of my fabulous friend Frank, YAY GAY :lol: )

I recently d/l some software to work on my cousin's website which is coming along nicely. We'll see what ends up happening with that.

So, Personal time!

Jennirose-I'm sorry you have to deal with idiot d-bag. Do like my mom says and pretend to like him, and who knows, maybe you'll find some good qualities in him and actually end up being able to not go crazy working with him.

Beaka- I have full faith that you can reach your July 4th goal! I'm cheering for you :cheer3:

Taylor- Way to go!

Talina- Yay new house!! That's super exciting!

Dansin- when you do detox do you find you gain weight back afterwards? it's something I want to do, but I don't know if I could handle a climb in the scale when I'm done after putting in that much work (I HATE HATE HATE veggies, so it would be near torturous for me to do it)

Chele615
06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I feel like I haven't been here in a while....haha. I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

I've been trying to be so good this weekend....but it's not working out too well ;) LOL My mom and sister actually threw me a surprise 30th birthday party Friday night and I have drank a lot more this weekend than I have in the past like 6 months! haha Plus, there is lots of extra cake laying around. My actual birthday is tomorrow and once tomorrow is over, I am back on track :) LOL