Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Red Rockets Team Chat - Week 3 of BL Summer Challenge

Can you believe we are starting week three? Yes, this challenge is going to fly by.

I slept in this morning so I feel like I am totally off schedule. I need to work with the dogs but I'll be back to check the other thread and post more.

Hope you all had a GREAT weekend.

Don't forget to post your WI before 11:59pm.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Just did Jillian Michaels' Biggest Winner Shape-up Back for the first time (had that one and front just never tried them) and it was quite a workout for 20 minutes! Heading out for a walk/run now. I sort of overindulged yesterday but eating Flippers pizza, so gotta step it up this week!

On an unrelated note, my Nikon DSLR died last night. Not sure what is going on with it and I just bought it the last week of April. So, off to the camera store today in hopes they will exchange it for me, otherwise I've got to send it in to Nikon. I hope they will do something for me in store because I hate to be without my camera for weeks while it is sent away.

Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start. Had trouble getting motivated to exercise over the weekend due to our cool weather (we had snow-blech).

Do we have a new QOTD to start us off? If not- here's one...

QOTD: Summer means BBQ season. What planning strategy will you use so you can enjoy yourself but not go wildly off plan?

I love Johnsonville Brats- but each one comes in at 300 calories! (and I've been know to eat more than one ) So my goal is to each just one without a bun or opt for one hotdog which for the brand we buy is only 100 calories.

Keep up the good work & here's to another great week Team Red!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-08-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

QOTD: Summer means BBQ season. What planning strategy will you use so you can enjoy yourself but not go wildly off plan?

Um, avoid all BBQs at any cost? Seriously, since all my family is back home in Alabama, this is no problem.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD - My number one strategy is to avoid too many barbeques. Then I'll eat a good breakfast, but make the barbeque be most the rest of the food I have for the day. If the bbq is for dinner, I'll have fruit for lunch, or vice versa.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

QOTD:

We've already had one BBQ and I made a huge salad for my part. When I filled my plate, I made sure the salad took up more than anything else.

I am sorry girls. Some how I am up 1.5, and I just do not get it. I exercised more last week than I have in months. I took my lunch AND breakfast to work everyday, drank my water and Saturday I did so much yard work my legs hurt yesterday walking on the tm and today they are super tight and sore feeling. I just don't get it. But, tomorrow is another day and next Monday another weigh in.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Today has been crazy.... every time I try to get on here I get sidetracked. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I didn't even get my workout in today. I need to go eat but I'll be on early in the am to run stats.

Hope you all have a good night, after I eat maybe I'll have a nice glass of wine; I definitely have the calories in the "budget".

I always take a salad as my contribution and someone usually brings fruit. I have started eating and LOVE Amy Lou's Chicken sausage. Not sure how they will grill but I might have to try that here at home and maybe take those with me.

OK.... see you all tomorrow have a good night
Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #8  

Hi All,
Went to the second hand store today to get some pants. I got a pair of dress pants and a pair of capris, and the best part, they arequite a bit smaller!!!

Since most of the BBQ's I go to are at my house then I have a lot more control of what is there. But areally good hamburger recipe I made up out of necessity one day ( DS had friends for lunch 2 large teen boys and less than one lb of ground beef) I grate some zuccini or yellow squash and an onion mix it with the ground meat, about equal amount, then make pattys. If you grate the squash on a grater then it looks like the meat and the onion hides the taste of the squash. The vege hating boys ate it all up and never knew they were eating veges. Last year I didn't have any squash so couldn't make it, but I think I'll make it for us again this year.

I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I barbecue at home...lol Chicken, thinly sliced pork chops, the occasional bratwurst. Just recently discovered that I love asparagus grilled, I also like to make foil packets with veggies for the grill.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I love all the ideas that are coming in! Keep up the great work ladies.

I realized I didn't name another person for the next QOTD- so how about Bette_K?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #11  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Well, I'm not much of a BBQer anymore...when I was a kid, we had them all the time. I did go to a couple last year though at a friends and since they are vegan, it was pretty healthy actually.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post
I am sorry girls. Some how I am up 1.5, and I just do not get it. I exercised more last week than I have in months. I took my lunch AND breakfast to work everyday, drank my water and Saturday I did so much yard work my legs hurt yesterday walking on the tm and today they are super tight and sore feeling. I just don't get it. But, tomorrow is another day and next Monday another weigh in.
You upped your exercise, which builds muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat? And is it possible you're retaining water? Try increasing your water intake a little more and see if that helps....it is usually helpful for me. Also, are you getting enough sleep? My weight tends to increase when I'm not sleeping well.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #13  

I try to fill up more on salad and raw vegetables and fruits, and limit myself to one serving of meat.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Eat a salad first. Don't deny myself what's being grilled, but only have one serving!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #15  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Just mainly try to stay away from it! lol.. load up on the good stuff