LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers: June 8th - 14th

Luckybustert
06-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Hope it's the start of a wonderful week for you :)

I'm up 2.8 pounds thanks to TOM and way too much stress eating last week. The stress is mostly job-related and I don't think the micro-managers from **** are going away anytime soon so I am either going to have to find a new work situation or learn to deal with it more effectively. Since jobs that pay as well are not exactly abundant at this time, I really really need to learn a better approach. Chewing and swallowing my anger and frustration just isn't cutting it! One positive thing I've started doing is actually getting up and going away from my desk to eat my lunch. I was having lunch at my desk but I always end up working through lunch plus people just do not respect that I'm having lunch and feel free to drop in to ask work-related questions (this one amazes me - when I walk into someone's space and see them eating I tell them I'll come back later). I would end up wolfing my lunch down in the last 5 minutes before I had to go to my next meeting and I don't think that was a good thing. I want to actually sit down and enjoy my meals and at least taste my food.

jesskahle
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
I am re-starting the plan this week! I am starting with a take off tomorrow/Wednesday and then full on to plan by Thursday. I hear you about stress Suzanne, I finished one contract position last week, start a summer employment on the 15th of June. And I am moving July 1st, so essentially this week is my only week to do all the important errands I need to do and pack my entire place! GAH!

I hope you can find something that works for you soon, it is not good to have a job that stresses you out.

JLem311
06-08-2009, 08:51 AM
morning all. here's to another week! can't believe how quickly june is already going by.
i'm officially starting myself on plan today..even though i'm not quite at the six week mark. i'm close enough though. so, 100% journaling everything, eating only on plan foods, getting all my water in and making sure to get all my food in too. and i've gotta start my exercise routine again..that's gonna be the toughest one. i haven't worked out since aug..ugh. but i gotta get this baby weight gone somehow..and it's not gonna magically fall off without some work, dedication and strict habits.

wish me luck.

hope everyone has a good start to the week. it's gonna be in the 60s and rainy/cloudy most of the week here. that ought to make t-ball fun! ha.

JerseyMadchen
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys! Happy Monday!

(I guess now that I live in VA I have to say y'all?)

I am back OP today as well. My mom's situation has given me a scare. Plus, she wants to get back on the LAWL horse. We are doing it together which is AWESOME. That's how I did it the first time. We are doing it from afar, as she's in NJ and I am in VA, but I know it will work!

It's TOM for me too Suzanne, so I understand. I feel rotten and I have a tennis class tomorrow that I am DREADING with TOM.

My DH set up the Wii for me this weekend when I was gone, so I will be doing that today when I get home from class. I have to leave for class in an hour, so I won't have time to do it now.

Jillian- we're starting together! I am going to put up a ticker to keep myself honest!

sweetandspicy
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Good Monday to you all!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day. I am 1.8 pounds away from my birthday goal so I have 6 days to get it off. I am doing Takeoff Tuesday and Wednesday and I am going to stay on plan and exercise as much as I can. I went for a long walk with baby Andrew on saturday and actually jogged about half of the time. That is something that I have not done in years and never thought I would be able to jogg again. Andrew loved it he thought it was funny to go faster. I wanted to walk again last night but time got away from me. I am going to try to go tonight and tommorrow for sure.

Amy-TOm for me too isn't that funny. Have fun with the wii

Lucky- Hope you feel better TOM is one visitor I could live without

Jillian- I like you new picture and great job on getting back on track!! Good Luck

Jess- Way to get back on track!!! Good Luck

Have a great Day!!!!

Kimphin
06-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone - whew, it certainly is a Monday, and it is only half over. Could every potential problem happen today???ugh.

Barbara - I hope the deck is coming along nicely. We were supposed to be having our retaining wall rebuilt today, but the landscaper never showed. Not a good sign. He claims he is a few days behind... OK, I'll give him that, but I need this thing done soon!!!

Suzanne - TOM - ugh. Luckily, that extra weight should disappear soon. I always know when TOM is on its way when my DH is talking to me and all I can hear in my head is myself thinking "Would you just shut up!!!!". It's kind of funny because he could be talking about something totally benign and it will irritate the heck out of me.

Jillian - welcome back to the land of of weighing and measuring.

Amy - Good luck on that birthday goal! You are doing great!

OK, gotta go deal with the next headache to come my way....

Dan2112
06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey all..

Had a kind of tough weekend food-wise.. Liz and the kids were gone, so you can probably guess..

Ended the weekend with a very large spinach salad with a drizzle of home made greek dressing, so it wasn't all bad. Detoxing today with oranges and water..

Blah...

Hope you all have a great week...

momofthree
06-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I have had a rough time loosing weight lately. I did TO last week with orange and lost four pounds. It the same four pounds I have ained and lost fo the past three months. Here's hoping it stays away and more goes with it.
-Dan you said you are "detoxing with water and oranges" Does that mean TO or is this just something yo have come up with to help after a bad weekend? And would you share the greek salad dsg recipe?

JLem311
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
i'm happy to report that I had a successful completely on plan day!! I got all my food and water in too. I didn't have a chance to exercise, but that will be starting soon. I just gotta figure out when the best time to fit it in will be. can't wait to have another successful day tomorrow!

JLem311
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
morning all. sipping on a cup of my absolute favorite coffee, watching baby X sleep in her swing. ahhhh.

JerseyMadchen
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Morning!

Jillian- congrats on staying OP! You did it before, you'll do it again!!

MomofThree- plateauing can be the worst, we've all done it!

Well, I had planned on staying OP yesterday, but my planning was off. When I got home from class around 3:30 I was STARVING, having only eatten my yogurt/blueberies/granola for breakfast. I had packed smartfood and an apple, it just wasn't enough. I need to figure something out. My class is from 12:30-2:40, so it's an awkward time. I guess pack better snacks? Something with protein?

I am hoping this rain sticks around, I need a break from tennis. It's not that I am lazy or anything, I just regret taking this as a SUMMER class. I should have taken it in the fall. It's so hot out there... we're like BAKING on the courts.

I came back to VA Sunday from NJ (being there all weekend) to a clean house. My DH cleaned everything! So, now instead of unpacking every night, I can relax and start into my hobbies. I LOVE writing cards, and I collect them, so if you guys would like encouragement in the mail, let me know!

Well, have a good day guys!!

sweetandspicy
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Jillian- at Target they have a yoga DVD that is for Mommies and babies. It looked quite interesting and might be something you can do easily with Baby X.

Amy- I am sure the heat and humidity are a huge change and very difficult for playing tennis. I did see on the news that rain is expected here in TN for the next 4 days probably the same for you in VA maybe you can get some relief.

Kim- good luck on your deck and with the contractor.

Hope everyones day is going well. I am doing Takeoff today and not looking forward to today and tomorrows meal plans but I know I can do it. I have been walking and running a little bit every night this week. I am so sore of the mornings but It is getting easier. I find so much peace going to the park and Andrew loves it he loves seeing the puppies and kids playing. We have been seeing some of the same people everynight and there is a very sweet elderly gentleman that he waves at everynight. I seem to do better exercising outside rather than at home I guess because there are not the family distractions.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!!!!

Kristinx
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone! I did have a *better* weekend than the one before but still wasn't POP. About halfway through my 30 day challenge on Wii Active! A little frustrated because I'm not really losing weight, but I can see more definition in my arms, my hips and butt feel tighter so trying to focus on that! Squat holds followed by jumping lunges are the work of the devil I am sure....but they do work!
For anyone plateauing or getting frustrated I just wanted to share the conversation I had with myself recently...

Self: I just can't lose weight! Nothing is working!
Other Self: You can, you have to be patient
Self: I am! But it's just not coming off!
Other Self: Well what are your other options? Quit? Continue to gain weight? Can you live with those options?
Self: No! I can't gain MORE weight!
Other Self; There you go...
Self: you're right, I have to keep trying..

The End....LOL

Hoochie
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh I feel awful today. I have been eating junk for the past two days, not because of any reason except that I can't seem to get past my cravings.
I don't even want to get on the scale!

Dan- You always seem to stick with it. How do you manage? Or is it because you have Liz following the plan with you.

Jillian- Good for you starting up!

Suzanne- What kind of work do you do?

Well my husband just got back from Mexico and apparently we are now owners of some land. We are having a house built in Huatulco. If I am going to retire on a beach one day, I better start working on my figure...aghhh!!! I am actually excited. I just am not feeling good about myself lately, that's all.
Gotta run for now

Joan

Dan2112
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Joan,

I really think it's because I was able to adapt to healthier eating as a lifestyle, rather than view this as just a diet. I think that's our biggest downfall - thinking that once we get what we want from WL, we can just go back.. Or we give in to emotional eating at some point and never get back on track.

Without Liz around, I regressed into a typical "bachelor" type behavior with my food intake this past weekend and ended up feeling horrible.

Even though Liz isn't have much success with the WL lately, we still have each other to stay on track for at least not eating too badly, so it definetely helps having her there as backup...

JLem311
06-09-2009, 01:50 PM
joan- i totally agree with dan. it's a mind thing. you have to change your whole mindset to a lifestyle change instead of a temporary diet thing..otherwise it'll be a life long struggle. i think that's how i was so successful. and that's how i'm going to be just as succesful losing this baby weight.
congrats on the land and house, that's awesome!

kristin-you can do this! keep at it!

amym--great job on the exercising. hope TO goes by quickly and painless for you!

amyVA!---sorry you're baking on the tennis courts. maybe all that sweating will help? ha. definitely make sure you're packing some snacks with protein. maybe some raw almonds, or a pb sandwich or at least some pb to go with your apple. that's awesome that you came home to a clean house! yay!

dan--what did you eat as a bachelor while liz was away? i know that if i ever left for a weekend or anything my dh would gourge himself on bratwurts, chips, pizza and beer all weekend! ha. funny enough, if he ate those things i'm sure he'd lose weight! that's just how he is. he's 6'3 and barely gets above 205 on a bad day! ha! but then again, he has to maintain a certain weight for the military too. hope liz is doing well.

ok, gotta go for now.

JerseyMadchen
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Jillian- are you using hte South Beach bars? I bought them today and LOVE them!

JLem311
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
yep! I like them too. its a nice change from the luna bars.

Hoochie
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks Dan and Jillian! Yes I do need to view it as a lifestyle rather than a diet but it is really hard!!!!
Maybe I need to try the bars too just to keep me from eating all the other stuff that I shouldn't be eating.
I found a photo of me the other day and this was after I had kids. I think I may have weighed 130 pounds. God I looked good then..haha Maybe I need to carry it with me so everytime I want to eat something bad I will see the skinny me....hmmm My hubby likes to walk with me but foodwise, he doesn't think we need to change much as he thinks we eat pretty healty.
Anyways, where do you buy luna bars o south beach bars?
Thanks for the support again!!!

Joan

Dan2112
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Jillian.. Well, I didn't have any bratwurst, but pizza, beer and chips did come into the mix.. Not like they used to, mind you, but still... Sigh...

Not sure where you'd get them in Canada, but the walmart I shop at has plenty of both. I LOVE the South Beach cereal bars.. More protein than the LA Lites and better tasting to boot!

JerseyMadchen
06-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Joan- I got mine today from Target. I bought my lunas online. They now make a luna cookie that is pretty good, but I reccommend the South Beach cereal bars, they are way tasty!

Kristinx
06-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Joan I've seen some Luna bars at Wal-mart...though not much selection and pretty sure you can't get the South Beach bars in Canada...at least not one the east coast!

cecil
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I loved the Special K Protien bars, but now I am sick of them... which happens quite often when you have to eat 2 a day.

JerseyMadchen
06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I am thinking about switching up among a few, South Beach, Luna, Special K, etc. That way I won't get too sick of them. THat's what happened with the LA bars for me...

JLem311
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM
good morning all. well, i was completely on plan again yesterday and am already starting on day 3. :) hopefully, it'll reward me on the scale and in my clothes soon enough.
DH is home sick today. he's got a fever, chills, stuffed up, ect. sucks. hopefully the baby and i don't catch it.
anyways..gonna finish my coffee and then i'm sure baby X will need me! ha.

JerseyMadchen
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Morning!

Luckybustert
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Squat holds followed by jumping lunges are the work of the devil I am sure....

I'm pretty sure you're right about this... ;)

Other Self: Well what are your other options? Quit? Continue to gain weight? Can you live with those options?

Great self-talk!

Luckybustert
06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I've lost 2 of the 2.8 pounds I'd gained, so feeling a little better about that. Not doing so good at staying on plan though. I've done fine during the day but then I've had my favorite comfort food (PASTA, and way too much of it) the last couple nights in a row. Think I'm going to need to do TO soon to bust the carb craving.

Clanori
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Good morning all.I tired from mowing 2 acres with my push mower and pulling weeds.I think today I will have a fun day and sew.I am having a hard time staying on plan and getting all my food in.Though I have been getting in plenty of water.Hopefully today will be a better OP day.All my kiddos are off and running this morning so I am enjoying the quiet and having a cup of hot tea.Hope everyone has a great day.

Hoochie
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Lori- Good for you doing all that mowing and weeding. that's got to count for lots of exercise! I giggled when you said sewing is fun. I suck at sewing!
My husband wishes I would sew, I took a sewing class in grade 8, thats it. I can't even stitch something small. Everything I own goes to an alteration place for hemming, etc. Atcually my daughter bought a pair on expensive yoga pants and she wanted to wear them right away so because I don't sew, I taped them on the inside. It's kinda funny! My Mother was mortified!
Well, my daughter turned 14 yesterday and she didn't beg for her nose ring!!! yippee. I have family coming for dinner tonight to celebrate. I am keeping it somewhat healthy. Ribs, asparagus and a big yummy green salad. I think My Mom is bringing ice cream cake but I don't like ice cream so I should be able to get thru that...hehe
Have a great day everyone!
By the way, I have to order luna bars online because I can't find them anywhere here not even at Walmart.

Joan

JLem311
06-10-2009, 12:40 PM
joan--i used to order my luna bars from amazon.com--free shipping if you spend $25 or more. :) my faves are the berry almond (for breakfast) and the caramel nut brownie (for desserts at night)

Hoochie
06-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jillian. I am going to try them. I know some of you like the south beach better so maybe I will see if I can order both kinds.

Clanori
06-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Lori- Good for you doing all that mowing and weeding. that's got to count for lots of exercise! I giggled when you said sewing is fun. I suck at sewing!
My husband wishes I would sew, I took a sewing class in grade 8, thats it. I can't even stitch something small. Everything I own goes to an alteration place for hemming, etc. Atcually my daughter bought a pair on expensive yoga pants and she wanted to wear them right away so because I don't sew, I taped them on the inside. It's kinda funny! My Mother was mortified!
Well, my daughter turned 14 yesterday and she didn't beg for her nose ring!!! yippee. I have family coming for dinner tonight to celebrate. I am keeping it somewhat healthy. Ribs, asparagus and a big yummy green salad. I think My Mom is bringing ice cream cake but I don't like ice cream so I should be able to get thru that...hehe
Have a great day everyone!
By the way, I have to order luna bars online because I can't find them anywhere here not even at Walmart.

Joan

I hope your daughters birthday goes well.Your dinner sounds wonderful.Sewing is a form of relaxation for me.That has to be a relief that your daughter didn't want a nose ring.My daughter is going on 16 and wants a lip piercing.Not sure we will be doing that.Maybe when she is 18.LOL.

JLem311
06-11-2009, 09:47 AM
good morning all.
another day on plan for me..this will be #4 in a row for me. what's the saying..it only takes 21 days to make a habit? soooo...17 more to go. :)

speaking of habits..nicole, how's the not smoking going? and how's emily doing with being away from home?

hello to everyone! i'll be back later! gotta do some laundry.

JerseyMadchen
06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Morning guys!

Went to Ruby Tuesday last night and am hoping it's not going to kill my WI. I had planned ahead of time to get the grilled chicken with certain sides, but ended up with the Ruby Minis. I only got 2 instead of 4 and I ate my entire salad before eatting them.

I need to come up with an exercise plan today. My in-laws have a treadmill they don't use that I would love to commandeer... The subdivision where we're living is filled with hills, so walking outside would be good too. THe only thing is it's SOOOO hot!

Well, talk to you guys later!

Kristinx
06-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello all! So I dug out all my Weight Watchers books and am starting back on that tommorrow. I need some more structure to keep track of what I am eating and WW has been the only thing that I would lose consistently on and stuck for a long time.
I seem to have injured my ankle exercising...at first I thought I was just stiff, could barely walk down stairs but the bone on the inside of my ankle hurts to touch....I AM finishing this 30 day challenge though. I may have to modify a bit but I really want to finish it!

JLem311
06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
i don't want to put a ticker up! :p

sweetandspicy
06-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Jillian- I know the feeling but it is great when you get to see it move towards your goal.

Kristin- Good luck with WW, I hope you have great success

Amy- you will eventually get use to the heat, I know it gets hot in NJ but the south has a different humid kind of heat, your body will soon get use to it. It is suppose to cool down just a little over the next 7 days however it is calling for rain so I am not sure that will allow you to walk outside or not. The treadmill sounds like it would be what you need.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!! One and a half days til the weekend!! yah!! and 10 days until my Vacation another yah!! Work has been difficult and slow this week, sometimes the heat just makes people carzier than usual!!

cecil
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Hay Kristen I was just considering WW. I do not like the new plan that the COD is offering at all! I just need something new I think. I want to go to meetings too. I can't afford it right now but I think at the end of the summer I am going to start going to some meetings. I wish I had the books.

BarbaraB
06-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Kristin, sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it feels better quickly. We all have to keep trying to find a plan we can live with and stick with as you really do have to keep doing it for the rest of your life.

Joan, I don't know if this is helpful to you, as it is hard to describe how to get yourself out of an eating cycle, but for me it is just very firmly deciding to stop, and to focus on my goals....What do I really want? That question is the most effective for me to decide what to do. I have to stop and ask myself that, since most of the time I don't think about it before I eat... but when I am in a bad cycle I do have to stop, ask myself and get back to a place of motivation to make the changes stick for life and not let bad habits take over again. Sometimes I have to do a TO to get myself out of a carb cycle. I do find the bars to be helpful also.

Kristinx
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Cecil, WW is pretty easy to do on your own. Some people like the meetings for the accountability but leaders vary so much it's not worth it for some leaders...plus they push their products at some meetings. Other leaders and meetings give a lot of good advice as well.

You could just go to the first few meetings and do it on your own, or find some books somewhere online and do it on your own. Lots of options!

jewljz
06-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Joan - can we visit your beach house when its ready? :) sounds wonderful!

Amy - I live in south texas, its really really HOT here and I live in a hilly neighborhood also - walking in the very early morning is a great way to start the day, you should try it!

My new plan includes playing outside as much as possible to get as dark as I can so that I look smaller ;) Because the eating thing just isn't working anymore!!!

cecil
06-11-2009, 04:18 PM
HA! Julie you crack me up! I am in that rut right now. I can get all my gym time in. But my eating habits are not so great. UGH! I am making small strides back into the habit of eating healthy. It is seriously such a battle. But I cannot imagine how tough it would be if I didn't have you ladies, well and Dan too I guess. HA!

Kristinx
06-12-2009, 09:15 AM
This is getting soooo frustrating! I only lost 0.8lb this week! Didn't even lose the 1 lb I gained last week with TOM! Grrrr And I am in complete agony and pain from all the exercise! But without seeing results....a little peek is showing maybe some inches lost but not a lot.

I dunno, maybe I'm not being as good food wise as I think I am? Hopefully getting back to counting points on WW will help.....I can't give up!

JLem311
06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Xanthia's first REAL smile! and i captured a picture of it!!!! so cute!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/firstsmile.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/smile-1.jpg

Dan2112
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Morning ladies!

Here's hoping y'all have a great day and a great weekend to boot!

JLem311
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
morning all.
so i caved and finally put a ticker up. i'm not happy about it, but i figured it was inevitable. i'm starting it with my weight as of monday when i "officially" started back on plan. or maybe i should start my ticker from my weight as of when i delivered baby X? at any rate as of monday i've lost about 5lbs. it's a start. and i've been staying POP, so it's good. kinda sucks, but i'll keep at it. it's just a change, from eating whatever i want, to being all strict and structured again. i'll get used to it and back into a routine again. :)

be back later! hope everyone has a good day!

JerseyMadchen
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Morning!

Jillian- I had to update mine too, and it definitely sucks! But hey, you're already on the way! We have similar stats, we should set mini goals. I have yet to start exercising too, so we're very similar!

Hey Dan!

Kristin- hang in there chickadee! If WW works for you, DO IT! With all your exercising, you'll lose in no time! Plus, get TONS of activity points!!

I am making my bread finally today. I have wanted to make bread for a while and have been afraid. I talked to my mom about it who makes bread ALL the time, and I have a recipe from Food Network that's called Brother's Bread. It's real simple, and I can't wait to make it!

My nephew graduated from 5th grade and we're all going to this huge water park tomorrow. I conquered the bathing suit fear just in time for TOM. So, we'll see what happens! My DH is more self conscious than I am, so maybe we'll go shopping or something!

I have been thinking recently about my weight problem. While I was home in NJ with my mom (and hearing about her lumps) we had a serious talk. I realized that all I do is OBSESS about my weight. Al I think about is losing weight, but I don't do it. As soon as I am OP, I start losing. I just need to stick with it and start exercising. I am tired of this weight!!! Who's with me?!?!

Hoochie
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks Barbara for the advice! Actually it was my daughters dance recital last night and everyone kept telling me how good I looked. I didn't know if maybe I am doing better than I think or if it was just all the black i was wearing.hehe It really is hard for me to stay on the plan lately but every time I fall down, I get back up. Tonight I am getting together with girlfriends for dinner so I need to stay on track as I know I will have a few glasses of wine.

Julie- Yes! We can party in Mexico once it's ready. It will sleep some of us!! Huatulco...here we come!

Jillian- Xanthia is so dam cute! Thanks for sharing the photo's.

Well have a good weekend everyone!

Joan

sweetandspicy
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Good Friday Morning to you all!!! I am so so happy it is almost the weekend!!! It is suppose to rain but at least I can get some sleep.

i have no doubt absolutely irritated everyone I work with. Tomorrow is my B-day and they are not sure what to do for me. I explained of course no cake, then they wanted to take me to lunch, I declined because I brought my lunch and there are not any healthish places near here. I told everyone all of this yesterday and said fruit would be fine or nothing at all. It is funny how people just wont let somethings go. I finally said get a cake and you all can eat it. I tried to explain that along with my lifestyle change I have made every effort not to reward or treat myself with food. That is a very bad habit that I got with my family that everytime something great happens bring out the chocolate cake. I suppose I am being difficult but you would think for one day my wishes could be respected.

Jillian-I have heard that it takes 40 days to establish a habit however i do not believe it takes that long. Everyones bodies and minds are so different it would be impossible to guess how much time it takes to do anything. I think that it is wonderful that you have gone 5 days on plan and already lost 5 pounds. You seem to be determined and you have done this before so you know you can do it. BabyX's pictures are so precious. she has a great smile.

Amy- I think most of us constantly think about loosing weight. I think it is like an Angel/Devil situation. The angel part is the part of you that knows what you need to do and tries to do it but that little devil is always sitting there trying to shove oreos in your mouth and will always be there as a temptation we just have to figure out how to focus on the loosing not the oreos.

Dan- Hello have a great weekend.

Cecil- they do have WW on line and I bet you could search to forums on here and get some info on how to get started a lot of foods actually ahve the points info right on it.

KristinX- The inches will come off. I am sorry you got hurt but you have done so well with you exercise don't give up!!! what I read is that Although muscle and fat weighs the same. Muscle is much more compact and efficent in your body. Even though you can not see the muscles you are building they are there under a layer of fat and when the fat converts to muscle it actually burns more calories. now I am no expert just sharing info. So keep up the good work the results will show!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Kristinx
06-12-2009, 01:46 PM
The muscles are definitely showing! I've always been one to gain muscle quite easy....I most notice it in my calves, butt and arms....so yeah the exercise is doing something! Maybe I'm not eating enough for my new muscles to keep burning? haha I doubt it but a nice thought....I may take a few days off the exercise or modify it to give my ankle a rest...it just keeps getting worse....swollen and bruised on the inside...I really did not want to give up this challenge but I dunno....I don't want to do more damage...I'm torn!

JLem311
06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
kristin--i'd take a break from exercising if i were you. i know you really wanna stick it out and finish your 30days, but, you don't want to further injury yourself and then have it be even longer before you can fully get back into your workout routine. just my opinion.

JLem311
06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
oh and i'm envious of your ability to gain muscle in your arms so easily..mine are ginormous batwing arms. they are so disproportionate to everything else on my body! ick!

Kristinx
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Well I still have the big arms...I gain muscle but can't seem to lose the fat....it takes forever for them to get smaller!
I did my workout today but I hate to skip a couple exercises because they hurt too much...tomorrow is a rest day for the challenge so I will see how I feel Sunday....

Started counting points today...gonna start off using my exercise points and most of the flex points and see how it goes...I don't wanna eat too little and have the weight loss grind to a halt...if that doesn't work I'll stop eating the activity points...and adjust from there :)

BarbaraB
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Kristin, Actually it is extremely common to gain a few pounds when you up the exercise, so focus on the positive changes you are seeing, the long term prognosis. I'd give it a rest for a day or two. You might see your weight drop a couple of pounds if you do that also. Really exercise is FANTASTIC for weight maintenance, but you it is not always something that is going to make the scale immediately start dropping quickly.

Here is something that Jillian Michaels sent in her daily e-mail

FRIDAY: FEELING GOOD

How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds
You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.
The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
Cut out processed foods.
Abstain from alcohol.
Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

I think my struggle to stay at 160 is a fight with those stupid vanity pounds... I know it doesn't sound like it should be as 160 is not a small number, but if I'm in shape it is below 20% body fat and that is just hard to stay at that level unless I'm always moving.

Mama Nicole
06-17-2009, 12:59 AM
oh and i'm envious of your ability to gain muscle in your arms so easily..mine are ginormous batwing arms. they are so disproportionate to everything else on my body! ick!
me too :lol: