Tejas
06-08-2009, 04:34 AM
NEW PAGES!!!!

:grouphug:

:cofdate:

Tejas
06-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Good Morning:

I'm awake having hot milk and cinammon toast (whole wheat).

I have to be up in 2 hours to go to spinning but I woke up hungry. Now, back to bed.

After all the eating this weekend I only gained 1/2 pound. I expect to get that off this morning!

Rhonda

Vickie
06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Now that's dedication! I'm up this early to exercise and go run a million errands.

beach bum
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry I was M IA Yesterday as everything was running late and in the after noon I relaxed and watched the golf tournament.

Got on the scale it morning and I lost .5== I'll take it, hopefully the two losses is a row will a new Wave for me to get to the shore.

Maryann, I hope your exercise program works and you become pain free. We went to the club this morning via garage sale routes. I did 50 min on the bike.

SANDRA-I think the exercising is helping me,but I still have to be careful of my sciatic nerve going out on me.

RHONDA-As usual thanks for staring is up, on this gorgeous summer day.Going to see if I can graduate get some at least 30 m of walking done today.Last week I manage to get 20m done.The spinning class such wipe out that 1/2 lb gain.

VICKIE-:wave: have a good one,all these early morning exercising people on board, makes me cringe,can't start anything until I have my breakfast.

coco99
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Just stopping by for a quick "HI"
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I am dreading weighing in tonight. The scales are not looking good at all.
Guess maybe too many carbs and salt.
So will have to really watch this week.
I will catch up with everyone later.
Got to get a couple of things done.
Then get ready to go to town and run some errands before weigh in.
So will be back tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone.
I am thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
06-08-2009, 03:51 PM
But, Maryann, I have breakfast before I go to exercise! I just eat it at 5:30 AM!

I don't know why I'm doing this all in the early morning, really. But, the class is less crowded, I feel great most of the day when I start this way, and I love the quiet of the early morning. I will NOT be doing it this way in the winter, guaranteed!

I'm at work and my internet connection at home is down, so I don't know when I'll get back on...soon, I hope...

Rhonda

ontarget
06-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Rhonda, girl, I am impressed. I'm sure you lost that 1/2 lb. We've been getting up earlier than normal, but no where nearly as early as you. How is Doyle doing? Is he losing? Curtis sort of "hits and misses" with weightloss but is now focusing on less ice cream. Guess that's a start.

Maryann, that's good that you're being careful. Congratulations on losing that 1/2 lb. I am happy for you.

Vickie, how is your day? Were you able to dust off? The "Guys" were here today laying forms for our new sidewalk. Our remodeling/rennovating has begun.

Coco, we ran errands this AM, too. I don't know about you, but we are always tired afterwards. Guess we're getting old. :lol:

blessedwithsarah
06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone. Things are going OK here. My scale seems to be up a bit from Saturday. So, I'm cutting back on carbs and I'll see how that goes. I made scallops for dinner, haven't made those in ages. They were very good -- also very, very low in points. DH had some with thin steaks. I think I'm going to make more fish for me - dh and dd will eat it maybe once a week. So, I'll do what I did tonight, make a small amount of fish to go with what ever else I'm making. Tomorrow I'll do shrimp - they both will eat that.

Vickie, I'd have skipped as well. Sometimes a gain sets me back too much. good luck getting back on track.

Rhonda, glad you had a nice time. Sounded great.

Coco - Hope wi was OK.

Sandra, when do you need to decide about substitute teaching? Sounds like it would be a nice job.

Maryann, congrats on the loss!!

Well, dd is in bed, I have a few things to do and then I'm going to crochet a bit tonight. See you tomorrow.

ontarget
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Paula, sounds like you are doing well. I don't really have a deadline for deciding to substitute; however, I will probably sign up sometim this summer before school starts.

beach bum
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Just got my walking[20M] done before the rains come in,and after I get back from playing canasta I going to get my biking done for additional 20 M.

Starting to the calorie shifting now that I'm back to exercising. I can go up to 1600 and worry as I can burn the calories with activity bringing me down to the 1400 count,but it depends on how much of it I do during the day.

COCO-Sodium and over abundance of carbs will bring the scale up ,is a matter of portioning these. buggers.Hope you had a good W-I.

RHONDA-They say the exercising in the morning has a greater effect on losing than later on in the day. I don't know why but it maybe that the body is refreshed from a good night sleep. Oh gee!!! having breakfast at 5:30AM I'm still in dream land by than I get up around 7ish.

SANDRA-Oh I can afford to have a relapse,so a little at a time is OK with me. Thanks for the congrats.

PAULA-Thanks for the congrats. I sure what you gained will be of soon. I came back to fish meal also, after Leo went to remission He didn't like eating fish, I was going to eat it by myself so I had meats & poultry. Fish is so low in calories,and it also healthy for you.

Have to get going we have appointment with the bank.

ontarget
06-09-2009, 11:22 AM
There are doves in one feeder and a blue jay in another. Life is good. All is peaceful in the backyard, yet all is chaotic in the front. A worker just took off the front door. Life is still good.

Tejas
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Sandra, I think that anytime someone else is doing the work, life is very good :lol:

I'm back on-line at home. Something went wrong with the line connection to the house.

I lost another whole pound, not just the 1/2 I joked about. If it takes getting up at a ridiculous hour and spinning for 45 minutes to get this weight off at a consistent rate, that is what I'm doing, barring any medical problems.

I've almost always checked the salt content of foods. I am now hunting it down and finding ways to reduce it. I take the lazy way and use canned beans, but I rinse them. I think that I will use what I have in the pantry and then start using dried beans only. I also think I'll pass on any deli meat, which I don't eat much of anyway. Then, there is cheese. Again, I don't eat much, but the salt content is very high. That should help weight and BP. Anybody know of other foods to seek it out in...I don't use any dried prepackaged stuff...

I have received an offer to stay at work for another 6 months. It looks like it might meet what I need. I'll know in a few days. I am ready to go, but ....

OK, back to my work from home tasks. I've got to go out to a very fancy reception and dinner tonight. That is going to be rough on the temptations scale!!

Rhonda

ontarget
06-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Rhonda, congratulations on losing consistently. Your hard work is paying off. If you accept the offer for the additional 6 months, will you go ahead and put your home on the market now?

You're right. We're extremely happy to be having the work done. A friend of ours is the contractor. They're doing an outstanding job. Our front sidewalk is in and is looking good.

coco99
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Everyone
Just getting on here before it starts to storm again.
So wont write to each of you.
Weigh in wasnt good. Gained 1 1/2 lbs.
So will have to really try and get that off this week.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Am thinking of each of you.
Will try and get on tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be storming.
coco

ontarget
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Coco, just dust yourself off. We're all just plugging along ourselves.

Vickie
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early today so I can exercise and get ready to go with Jim to his Ortho doctor. His shoulder is hurting him badly again even after two surgeries. He just had his last surgery in January of 2008. It only gave him short benefit. I'm guessing there is an MRI in his future.

Have a great on program day.

beach bum
06-10-2009, 10:00 AM

Going to take it easy today as the weather is treading again.Going to ride my bike later on today. Up a little after having a wonderful afternoon with my friends playing canasta,didn't indulge there,just a a can of diet soda,but when I got home something that I ate started the triggering effect,and that began munching all night.Oh well today another day,just have to do some of Rhondas' spinning with my bike.

I'm happy that I found a new way of counting calories,via the Calorie King counting calories booklet that helps me know the real count other than the WW point system.

SANDRA-We saw an unusual bird coming out of the next she made in our eagle.Never saw that bird before. Its was small with a dull red head and tail and the rest of her body was brown. Don't think it was a robin.We must look on the computer to see what it was.Don't keep a bird bath as the mosquitoes are wicked up here.Got bite twice on the arm and thigh.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 1lb loss. that spinning class for 45mins. is working. I'm staying on the 30 mins segment,and if I attempt to exercise more I 'll split it up to anther part of the day.

COCO-Sorry about your gain,it could be the sodium you had,drink more more with lemon juice in it as the lemon is a dietetic and will flush out the sodium.

VICKIE-Sorry about Jim's shoulder,Leo has a shoulder hurts him when he sleeps on it too long and the doctor told him its just plain arthritis.

Have a great morning,will come back later on this afternnon

ontarget
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Vickie, I hope Jim stops hurting soon. I empathize with you two. Curtis has a lot of aches, too.

I got off plan last night and felt miserable and went to bed a little after 8. Today I'm back on target.

Maryann, we have mosquitoes, too, but martins are helping. Let us know when you find out what kind of bird you saw.

Tejas
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi:

whew...running like mad today, getting advice about offer to stay another 6 months.

I took my BP at the 30 minute point in spinning today. It was 162/101. That's too high, but not likely to kill me on the spot. So, I've got to take BP record into the MD and get advice.

I'm sorry to hear that various DH's are aching. My DH is doing OK and trying to cut back on calories. He did stop drinking diet drinks. Now, wants OJ all the time and I've told him that it's full of sugar...do we ever "win" these discussions?

I did OK last night at the fancy dinner, but I have to go to a wine tasting and farewell event tonight. So many temptations, so little time...;)

I'm off again :running:

Rhonda

ontarget
06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Maryann, who is that in your avatar? Is that you? Thank you for posting the photo.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Let us know what you find out. Tell Doyle to drink more water. That's a loving suggestion from his cousin.

The guys are here working today. It's hard to stay inside and not "help." :lol: The sidewalk looks really good. Our place is starting to look more like a home. It's amazing what a little concrete will do.

beach bum
06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Yes Sandra that's me, last year in our back yard. I thought it was time that you guys knew who you were posting to.

See I have lots of weight to lose,hope this part of the year I will succeed.

Vickie
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Mary Ann, you're cute!

Rhonda......RETIRE! Not that I'm a doctor or anything, but your BP is way too high my friend. But, you know that already. I hope you go to the Doctor soon.

Sandra, I'm glad you're back on program. No biggie. Start over.

Coco, you know what you strayed with. Just put it behind you.

I'm doing well, although the scale is not cooperating. Just gotta keep on keepin on!

I guess Kathy is gone again?

Paula, how's things going?

No Angela or Frouf? I should look up their email addresses.

Jim got a cortisone shot in his shoulder. He's to take it easy for a couple of days and ice. The Ortho says that the collar bone tip did not grow back and he doesn't see arthritis. He did see an abnormal but not torn rotator cuff. We are to see if the shot helps. If not, he goes back for an MRI.

ontarget
06-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Maryann, it is great to get a peek at you. You're a lovely lady--but we already knew that.

Rhonda, I agree with Vickie.

Vickie, thank you for the encouragement. I'm back on plan today. Last night I felt actually ill. My system is used to being on plan. I hope the shot helps Jim and he doesn't have to go for another MRI.

Curtis is going fishing tomorrow with a friend. I'm trying to think what I want to do. I'd like to have a fun day myself, but I'm having trouble coming up with any ideas.

blessedwithsarah
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Real quick post and I've got to run -- Maryann, its a female cardinal!

beach bum
06-11-2009, 09:48 AM

Looks like we have another nasty day for walking I will proceed to ride my bike with some spinning like I did yesterday afternoon. I had the opportunity to get my weights & rod out to work on my standing up back exercises and upper body workouts while watching TV.

Have lots of errands to get done this morning before watch the golf tournament this afternoon,so I going to make this brief.

SANDRA-Thanks for the kind words.I think we are going to be run with mosquitoes this year as we're getting rain and damp weather which they love to breed .We had the mosquito & pest truck in this week to spray the sump so hopefully that will help.

Take a nice bubble bath and relax,or read a good book or do some knitting or crocheting that's what I do to pass the time.

RHONDA-That's a good idea about taking your BP before & after the spinning. that is high hope that doctor can advice you,on what it should be. I think I will do the same thing.

VICKIE-Thanks,for your kind words also. Like to look a little skinner than that photo,but it didn't happen. I'm sure the cortisone will help relieve the pain from your dh shoulder. I know when I had the shot for my rotary cuff tendinitis the shot worked for me.

PAULA-Thanks for solving the mystery,we do that cardinals in this area,so we might have a couple of chicks hatching soon.

Have to go will be back later.

Tejas
06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi All:

Maryann, I love the picture. You look very friendly, as we know you are!

I've just learned that deli turkey has about 11 times the amount of sodium that plain turkey breast has! :yikes: I usually buy bake turkey breast sliced, but I think I'm going right to the real turkey breast and not the one sold at the deli counter.

Thanks for all the encouragement to retire. It's all up in the air. The opportunity to make significantly more money, probably for the last time in my life is appealing. But, we'll see. I won't be self-sacrificial in this deal. :nono: And, I've taken my BP readings to my MD.

I'm at home this morning, heading into work soon. I've got the sprinkler on the new sod. The racoons are having a great time tearing it up every night, looking for grubs. Last night they got into the compost bin just for an added touch! :devil:

The wine tasting was really that, a tasting. So, I didn't have too many temptations last night, except for the hors d'eouvres (spelling??) which were delicious-- and I enjoyed every morsel.

Today and tomorrow are simply more work, with our graduation tomorrow night. That is always a celebratory event!

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
06-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Lunch time and I have a few minutes to breath and catch up! So much going on.

Maryann, I believe Cardinals mate for life. If the female is around, you should see the males - nice and bright red. We have a few nesting in our yard. I love seeing them. Nice to 'see' you as well!

Rhonda, tough decision. If the money is that good, what's 6 months....maybe the housing market will improve by then as well. Good luck figuring that one out. On your BP -- ok, very non medical person here. I know your pulse goes up with exercise, your BP shouldn't??? I had an issue where my BP was up -- my thyroid level was off, one of the fun filled side affects being hypo-thyroid! Let us know what the Drs says. For turkey breast -- do you have a pressure cooker? I did a bone in turkey breast in the pressure cooker. It was the best I've ever made. Super moist! Didn't look pretty, but I took all the skin off and sliced it up.

Vickie - congats on getting back on plan!
Sandra - any tournaments coming up?
Coco - don't let the gain get you down. I've been like a yo-yo for the past few months. Just get back to plan, it will come back off.

Seems home improvements are happening to a few of us! We (I mean DH) is finishing up our bedroom -- he has sanded the floors and has 2 coats of finish on them, one more to go then he can do all the trim. Then its done and we can move back in. I'm going this weekend to find a carpet, if I order it now, I won't be waiting when the room is done. In addition to that, we tore down our old metal shed (Sears special from 1974). Now its gone and DH will be building a new one.

Well, go to get moving. BBL

Tejas
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Paula, I have a pressure cooker, wanted one, bought it, and haven't used it!!! :rofl:

I'll have to change that!

The MD asked me to take BP right after exercising to see what's happening. It is going up if I'm rushing around. She is a good doctor so I'm sure she'll do the right testing, and I'll mention thyroid. I did have a thyroid infection years ago and normally get it monitored every year.

Rhonda

coco99
06-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone
Just getting on here for a few.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Got some new glasses. I took the other ones back. And order new ones from somewhere else. I cant believe the difference. I can see pretty good out of these. Still need to get use to them. But at least they dont make me sick. And I dont have to sit with my head back when on the computer.
Wont be on here for a couple of days. Going camping.
Be back on Sunday.
I am thinking of each of you.
Have a great weekend.
coco

beach bum
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Raining again,and this time its poring.We had a appointment with the bank to go over our portfolio,but we canceled why go out in the pouring rain.

Very disappointed in this weather as I wanted to go out & buy some tomato plants and put them in our whiskey barrels,but the tomatoes need sun and hot weather to start to grow.By the time July rolls around it too late as the plants will only grow green tomatoes at harvest time. That's the difference between living up on he Cape and living on Long Island NY. My DD are started to turn red. BAHHH :stress: I wanted home grown tomatoes,for my summer salads.

RHONDA-Thanks for the nice compliment.Oh Gee Rhonda I never thought that the deli turkey had so much sodium in it. I buy that every week, no wonder the scale is starting to crawl or stall. That's probably the preservative to keep the turkey from spoiling Thanks for the tip.

PAULA-Leo doesn't think that's it a female cardinal,as he says that he hasn't seen my bright red colored birds around. Now whomever inhabited the nest is gone,& I guess we'll never know for sure.Thanks, I now have a heaver face.,the weight somehow moves upward & not on my hips or thighs.It was just the opposite years ago.Thanks for the idea you gave to Rhonda,we just recently bought a pressure cooker and I think we're going to give it a try. Who cares what it looks like you can still use it for sandwiches or salads,and than avoid the sodium.

COCO-Glad you got a new pair of glasses that work for you.Can't believe how two different places had two ideas,of what was best for you. Now at least you can see the computer again.Have fun camping,can't wait until we're go on our vacation July11th is the day.

Have a great morning,not going out today as I don't want to swim around town.

Tejas
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
just passing through...busy day and evening.

:wave:

blessedwithsarah
06-12-2009, 01:54 PM
In regard to the pressure cooker -- I have almost stopped using my slow cooker since getting this for Christmas. Its electric, so I don't have to worry about the stove. I've made different chicken recipes and they are all fabulous. This week I cooked ribs in it and then heated them on the grill. Very tender and juicy. I'm a convert for sure! I'm actually using it more to cook some things than in the oven. If you have one, give it a try --- follow a recipe until you get the hang of it. I also cooked chicken drumsticks and thighs in the cooker and then grilled them. Very yummy.

ontarget
06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Paula, I can't believe it didn't register to me that Maryann was talking about lady cardinals. :lol: We see some every day. In fact, we have one nesting in our barn. We have males, too. Right now we don't seem to have as many as we had earlier this year when we had at least 2 dozen, but we still have a lot of them. We have the state ourdoor championship coming up mid-July then Outdoor Nationals in Ohio in August. There aren't too many target competitions for us this time of year. This is sort of "breather time."

Rhonda, I'm sure you will make the right decision. Paula's right six months isn't very long if you decide to stay on.

Vickie, how's your day? Are you in your pool?

Coco, I wear reading glasses sometimes while on the puter. I have bifocals but hardly ever use them. My bad.

The guys are working on the framework for the porches. We're staying inside where it's cool. This afternoon I'm getting homemade tamales and salsa that one of my former 4th graders and his wife are making. Life is good.

beach bum
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM

The Sun::sunny::sunny:is shinning!!!Going to get out and get my power walking done instead of the old bike that I had to rely on for the last several days.

Nothing new here,did a lot of reading on Calorie shifting and why it works just like the old Wendie plan on WW. Right now I'm at at 1300 calories and if I exercise as the way I was doing my net calorie intake would bring me down to 1058 cal per day. That's not good that where I was on the WW flex plan that when the problems came it. According to what my doctor suggested I was eating too low and I had to go from a cal range of 1300 -1500,so either I have to slow down my exercising or I have to go up a higher 1500 calorie mark. [1500c-180[30m] burned cal=1320 net calories] or lower my exercise[1300c-120[20m]=1180 new calories.Going to work on this over the weekend as see what I will do for next week.

RHONDA-:wave: Hope you had a productive day.

PAULA-That why Leo started thinking about the pressure good we had years ago and just bought a new recently just to put the ribs in the cooker and that grill them just like you mentioned. I ,also love chicken drum sticks.I put low carb BBQ sauce on them and baked them in the oven for 45 m.Now when I feel like having a cold supper with salad I pull out my drum sticks.

SANDRA-Leo didn't think it was a female cardinal,but she's gone now,and we still don't know what kind of bird she was, she was smaller than a cardinal. Had salmon with broccoli,corn on the cob, along with a salad for my dinner.

sloanie
06-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey chicks!
I am very excited to report that we have internet service at home now! I think we have been waiting at least nine months! I have skimmed this week's postings, and I'm so happy to see you all!!!!

It is a good thing that the internet service has been installed 'cause I need you chicks. We have so much going on, and I need to focus on my weight. I think I have gained five pounds over the last couple of months ( I plan to buy a scale today). With the end of school, house remodeling, having a nephew move in and subsequently move out (serious problems for him), and a fabulous vacation (hubby and I, alone!!!), I have not been paying attention to what I am eating. I will be counting on you all for your fabulous support. As you may remember, I give you all so much credit for the weight loss that I had last summer. I could not have done it without you and I'm confident that I will get this five pounds off (and maybe five more) with you guys cheering me on.

I'm so proud of you all for continuing to post and support each other. When I got on here this morning, it was like connecting with old friends that you haven't seen in a while and feeling like you were just together yesterday.

I'm off to the store to buy some "healthy" food then home to the remodeling mess! I'll check in later.

Vickie
06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Good Morning Chicks! And welcome home, Sloanie. Isn't this just a wonderful corner of the world?

I slept late today; almost 10 hours and I feel really good. I've just had another bought with that mystery smokey smell. I think it's a combination of stress and not enough sleep that seems to trigger it. So I'm trying to do better.

It is the coldest and rainiest June in like 100 years here. The farmers in the Midwest are having a hard time getting their crops in the ground. I'm sure that will translate to higher food prices soon. That also means that I haven't been able to get into my pool yet. The water is still only 70 degrees. We will get the solar cover on tomorrow or Monday and hope for the best. Maybe it will be a really hot September.

We have been going a little bit of crazy here trying to get ready to go up and pick up Sara. I've got all the stuff here ready for her.....food, treats, bowls, collar, leash, toys etc. I also made two gift baskets. A small one for the lady who recommended us to the breeder and one for the breeder. I put an assortment of Cassie's favorite cookies and treats in the small one and then all the cookies, plus some toys and a Walmart gift card in for the breeder. She's not asking for any money for Sara so I thought that would be a nice gesture. We are excited but still missing Cassie very much. It's not the same house here without her.

Rhonda, I hope you're doing well. I think of you often. I hope you consider your BP when you consider this big offer they are trying to entice you with. I hope it's a completely different job that will be less stressful.

Mary Ann, thank goodness for sunshine, huh? It's drab and dreary here and raining. Good luck on your new adjustments to your plan.

Sandra, my friend. I hope your home remodeling efforts are paying off. You always have such beautiful homes. Be careful with those tamales. I think they still make them with lard!

Paula, I've never had a pressure cooker but I've been intrigued. QVC sells them frequently as the TSV.

Sloanie, it will be very very nice to have you here! You were always such a positive person. It won't take you long to get it off. Being here makes me feel more connected and accountable. I don't know how far back you read, but I gained all 45 pounds back that I had lost. I'm now on Jenny Craig for the time being and have lost 27.2 of it again. Jim is on Nutrisystem but I hated the food so I baled and went on JC. We are going to use these program as long as we can to lose as much as we can and then go back to WW Core/Simply Filling. We had to learn portion control in a big way. I realize now that I was eating healthy on Core but WAY too much food. Nice of the ladies not to kick me off, huh?

Gotta have my breakfast and exercise. I'll be back later.

ontarget
06-13-2009, 01:35 PM
:welcome: home, Sloan. I am totally impressed that you only regained 5 pounds. I can do that in one day. It's great having you back here.

Maryann, I don't know what the little bird could be. We have several varieties here that we can't identify either, but we still enjoy having them. Good success to you with the calorie shifting. I've done the Wendie Plan before and liked it. You have better will power than I and should do all right on your lower point days.

Vickie, I hear your excitement and am waiting to hear all about Sara.

We got up this AM and went to the club. I did :swim: for 20 min and :ebike: an additional 20. Life is good. And lunch will be ready in about 20 minutes. Hmmmmmm....do I have a 20 min pattern?

Tejas
06-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome back, Sloan...you'll do great and it's good to see you here again.

I have had a busy time. Last night was graduation for the program I run, and it was high energy and high emotion all evening. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been drugged. I guess it was the low from an adrenaline high.

I did go out to powerwalking class and shook off the low. Then I ran around like mad doing errands and visiting former MIL in the nursing home. She was unresponsive to me today, and I'm not sure she knew who I was. Oh well, next week will be a different story most likely.

I have negotiated the deal to stay longer and will sign it tomorrow. I WILL continue this taking better care of my health and will NOT let the job get to me more. It's the right choice for the time we believe.

A house very much like ours on this street sold in less than a week: we need to get a move on with our work and get this thing on the market!!!

So, now we have to plan the vacation we are going to take this summer. (Sandra we'll be in Texas in late August probably.) But, I am insisting that we go someplace else...maybe to the East coast of Canada. I've been there, but DH hasn't.

Maryann, we're having a cool summer too. For me, it hasn't even been hot yet. That's really disappointing.

Oh, a great NSV....a fellow walker said: you are losing weight and it's noticeable!!! Not only that friends, my resting heart rate is down and my balance is improving. :flow2:

We're going out tonight to our friends for our dinner and a movie at home night..and a celebration!

Rhonda

Vickie
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Rhonda, you know we'll support you with whatever you decided. Congratulations....I hope you took them for a lot of money! What we really care about is you and your health. Have fun tonight.

I just finished updating our GPS. That's another thing off of my list. I still haven't exercised yet, though. Bad.

Sandra, GREAT job on the exercise. Woo Hoo!

Ok....I need advice. I'm charged with bringing the chips and salsa to the picnic in Michigan when we go to pick up Sara. We can't bring anything perishable or we will give them all food poisoning. So.......I need to know. What are the best commercial salsa and chips out there.

My Sister recommended Paul Newman's salsa but Jim and I tried one a LONG time ago and thought is was just ok. We can't remember what the variety was though. My Niece recommended El Milagro chips. Any ideas?

Tejas
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
...I like Herdez!!!

Vickie
06-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, I never heard of that Rhonda but I've done a search and it is available in my area. Any particular product or heat level you like? It looks like the Salsa Casera is what I'd want. I'm thinking a couple of medium and a couple of hot. Some of us like it hot! Is the hot scorching hot?

blessedwithsarah
06-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone. Not much happening here. My scale has been going up and I feel fat! I don't know what is going on, my weight just seems to be jumping all over the place. I did go off birth control pills back in Feb after basically being on them for 18 years (with the exception of being prego withdd). I'm not sure if my hormones are off or maybe my thyroid level is off. I'm going to call my Dr and make an appt. I am hypothyroid and have not had my blood work done for a while. Its aggrevating when I have a good day and in one day my scale jumps 3 pounds. Maybe my scale is wackie? I don't Know, I'm not giving up. I'm starting to track everything and see what happens. The 5 pds I lost is back once again. UGH.

Sloanie -- WELCOME BACK!! Glad to see you here.

Vickie -- I love the Newmans pinapple and peach salsa. Top it on a baked potato or grilled fish = yum. A bit of heat and some natural sweetness.

Hi to everyone else!!

Maryann -- hope you had some nice weather today. It was BEAUTIFUL here. Sunny and in the mid 70s.

Well, dd is in the tub. Need to get her out. Then tomorrow am is her gymnastics year end show. Have a good night.

ontarget
06-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Vickie, I just got some homemade salsa my ex-student made. It is fabulous. But--have you tried Mrs. Renfro's? We used to be able to get it in Montana so you might have it in Illinois.

Paula, I hope you find out what's going on with the scales. Are you feeling all right? When I first had congestive heart failure, I gained 14 lbs in one week. I'm glad you're going to see your doctor--and I'm glad you're off bc pills. Do you think you could be pregnant? Just wondering.

Rhonda, I knew you'd decide to stay on and I don't blame you one bit. And congratulations on losing the weight. I'll bet you're still smiling over that compliment. Your hard work is paying off.

I am op and feeling great. Life is good.

blessedwithsarah
06-14-2009, 09:55 AM
NO! Sandra! EEK = no chance of that.Had my tubes tied. Last thing I need at 43....

Tejas
06-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Link to Herdez

http://www.herdeztraditions.com/

I buy mild or medium salsa and spice it up to suit different tastes at different times.

I'm going to work in the front garden today and make us a southern meal of fish, red beans and cornbread for a late lunch/early dinner.

We are finally getting a few days of summer, a week before the summer solstice.

I hope you all have a great day today.

Rhonda

beach bum
06-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:

Really don't know what good about it as it raining again,and I woke up with a bad sinus infection from {headache to nasal congestion than to a sore throat}Not going anywhere today,not even to church.Can't sleep either I'm blaming it on the weather that we're having.

Well that enough about me,

SLOANE:welcome2::welcome2: back to the fold. I was wondering what happened to you,it great to have the old gang with us again wish the others would appear soon.

What kind of service do you get??We have cable,,but I remember when we first had our computer we had dial up and that was for the birds.

Five pound in several moths is not bad,I can gain that just seating at one meal of high sodium. You'll get that off. I'm not with WW core anymore but I still post here. I'm on a counting calories with portion control program.

VICKIE-Boy your bod must have need that sleep.Glad you feeling better now.I had something strange like your smoky smell the other day but I thought it was my sinuses acting up again.So I just to took a sinus spray and it went away.

I think the world is Topsy Tervy in the weather dept. I remember about 5=6 years ago we had a very cool summer,It was the year without an air conditioner. We had the windows in the bed room opened for cross ventilation.

One day of sun shine and now it back dreary gloomy weather. Thanks I hope I do find my balance,as I'm eating from those plastic trays and I counting every calorie, should find some results soon.

SANDRA-Thanks,I like the program and will stick to it. I know it has to do with portions and if I can find my right balance than Walla!! I should start losing fast again,but until than Its by trail & error.

RHONDA-You deserve a well rested vacation. We'll be on the east coast of Canada but we'll be on a ship heading to Prince Edward Island.around July 11 to the 18. trying to decide which clothes to take with us the short sets or the Capri's.

PAULA-BC Pills MY DD was on them and she had all kinds of problems with them now that she off her health has improved.Woman always have gains with the hormonal unbalances.Glad you going to see the doctor about them. You did wish hard enough,we're back to at rainy dreary day.Maybe tomorrow it will be better.

ontarget
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Paula, :lol: Sorry, I had to ask. I'm nosey.

Rhonda, I'm missing getting to putter around outside in the mornings. The "guys" will be finished here in another couple of weeks. I was shocked when they showed up at 7 this AM. Your meal sounds good. We had what I call a country dinner yesterday. We didn't have any cornbread, though. The heat index here yesterday wa 105* and we weren't the hottest in the area. It's going to be a hot Texas Summer--but what else is new? :lol:

Maryann, I hope you get over your headache soon. We're heading out to church in a few minutes. We'll be leaving the "guys" here working.

Vickie
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm not sure what I'm up to today except for exercise.

sloanie
06-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Mornin' chicks!!

I am so happy to be here. Your welcome messages have given me the "warm fuzzies". I feel so loved :val2:

Vickie-I'm so happy for you and your success with JC. Since I have been gone so long I am out of the loop. I assume Sara is a new dog. I don't know if you remember, but I got a new puppy in Feb. Her name is Pippi. She is a maltipoo and is black , but she has three white feet and a little white beard. The vet says she will top out at seven pounds. I've never had an inside dog, and I have just fallen in love with her. I can't wait to hear about Sara.

Rhonda-Congrats on the new contract. How long will you stay in Canada? Sounds like you have your head in the right place r/t being healthy.

Sandra-You always inspire me with your exercise! I was walking during the school year, but have not kept it up this summer. I will start!!!! What are the guys working on at your house? We are remodeling our master bath and kitchen/living/dining rooms, so we are in a huge mess!!

Paula-How is dd? I know what you mean about hormones. I have been visited by the menopause fairy, and hormones can really make things different. It is a good idea to check things out with the doc. I'm sure you are okay, but it is good to be sure.

Maryann- I love seeing your photo! How is Leo? I hope things are going well for him. Sounds like you are making progress with your eating plan. I know that you are encouraged by finding something that works for you.

I guess I'd better get off here and get busy. BBL

sloanie
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I forgot to tell you guys about a yummy dish I had while on vacation. At a quaint little seafood place in Florida, I had grilled snapper with barbecue sauce on top of creamy grits topped with cheese and green onions. I'm sure it was not core, but would be easy enough to make as a core dish. I can't tell you how delicious it was! I'm going to try and make it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Vickie
06-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Sloanie, it's SO nice to have you be able to pop in whenever you want. Sara is just turned 5 years old. She's a retired champion and breeder who's about to be placed into retirement with us. We lost our Cassie at only 6 years old last month. A breeder on my Scottie list is giving us this great honor. We did not want another puppy at this stage of our life, so this works out for the 3 of us!

Tejas
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm listening to this, and wanted to share something the interviewee said about her body: "it is my soul's address."

She is an Episcopalian minister and is discussing her faith.

http://www.cbc.ca/tapestry/

sloanie
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Rhonda-I love that quote!

Vickie-Sounds like Sara is very lucky to be getting you for her new family! I know what you mean about not wanting a puppy. Pippi is finally calming down and will settle next to us on the couch. I thought I was going to wear out before she did! I think if I ever get another "lap" dog, I will get an older one. I don't know if I want to break in another puppy.

I'm about to go pick up a beautiful rug and dining room table that I bought on sale. The table seats 8, and the top was damaged, so I got it for 100 bucks from Pier one!! I will sand the top and refinish it. I am very excited.

C ya!

Vickie
06-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Is there any way to tell for sure if a plum has purple flesh rather than yellow?

Tejas
06-14-2009, 07:23 PM
maybe this will help...

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/month/plum.html

ontarget
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Sloan, you ae indeed loved. Our construction is just 2 porches and decks. We're calling the covers porches and the floors decks. You probably have more construction going on than we do. Hang in thee.

Rhonda, I like that. My soul's address is under construction.

Vickie, I didn't do any exercise at all today. The guys left bags of cement stacked near the flowerbeds so I can't water today.

sloanie
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey y'all, I need some advice/encouragement. My ds weighed today and is at 310. He is 5'10" and is 19 years old. Tomorrow we will start counting points (for him) and strict core for me. He does not eat many fruits or veggies. In fact, he will eat an apple occasionally and will eat green beans. I think that is the extent of his fruit/veggie choices. I told him today that we will eat several meals a day and we will record what we are eating. He is "working" for me during the remodeling, so he will be at home most of the time. If anyone has any input for me I would appreciate it. Again, I'm so glad to be home with you chicks!!!!

Vickie
06-15-2009, 12:23 AM
How about "hiding" veggies for him? Chili with onion, celery, green pepper and lots of beans. Soup with veggies, like a good minestrone.

Check out our site and make him some fruit smoothies. My favorites are frozen fruit with skim milk, ice, and some SF/FF instant pudding. The Cherry Garcia one is awesome.

Roasting veggies makes them taste awesome. Toss them in your days worth of healthy olive oil. If you like garlic, add it. Is he a grill guy? Let him put them on the grill in one of those screen pans. They get all brown and crispy. What's not to like?

You know....put the Groucho Marx glasses on everything for a fruit and veggie disguise. Good Luck. It would be so much easier if he can get it off now.