Old 06-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default turning around and not stopping till I reach my goal

I don't want a pity party but I've had a set back! Really I just need to write it down. I am now 1lb over from where I started last July! I had lost 26lbs and was down to 219 but now the scale read today 246.2! I was at 245.2 when I started to lose the weight last year! Ughhh! I don't want to dwell on being mad I just want to turn right back around today and not stop until I reach my goal!

I'm switching my tickers and I'm going to head out to GNC today to get a couple supplements. I've got an article in M&F Hers that I'm going to start taking CoQ10, Citrulline Malate, & Tyrosine. In the article it talks about energy problems, they recommend to stack 3 diff supplements depending on your problem, 1 is a morning drag, 1 is a midday slump & 1 is all day drag. I have the all day thing. No matter how much I sleep I always feel tired. I know my diet has alot to do with it but I'm hoping this will give me that energy boost to get my *** to the gym/on my treadmill/out for a bike ride/ and to do everything else I can possibly do to stay active. I'm not going to rely on the supplements to do everything for me, I know there is no miracle pill, I just hope it will help me have the energy to workout!

I've been coming to this place for a few weeks now, and when I stepped on the scale this morning if finally clicked. I can't blame it on being just 20lbs of water weight anymore, I've really gained it all back, so now I am going to lose it. Last year I worked out 4-6days a week doing strength training & cardio and tracked my food on TDP. It worked I loved it but after I lost that 1st 20lbs I got complacent, I thought hey look how great I've done, and I started slacking. Doing that (the exercising & tracking) and taking my supplements & vitamins will help this time around. I also hope getting outside and in the sunshine will help boost my spirits and a little bit of a tan will boost my confidence. I read in another magazine that now is a great time to start a diet because women store 39% less fat in the summer time do to the increase in Vitamin D from the sun & prolly being more active.

Oh so BTW, my sister's doctor for her broken ankle a couple years ago told her that all women should be taking a high dose Calcium & D supplement, that the government's FDA recommendations are way too low. I always knew I should be doing that but have just started taking it again 2x day. Plus I bought some CLA form walmart last night, because I'm going to start strength training again this week and it will help with the fat loss/ muscle building.

K well off I go! I already laid out today, tracked my food, now I'm going to jump on the TM for 30mins take a shower and then off to the mall & GNC! Thank goodness my friend's the manager. She can help me find what I need there!

Last edited by Platinum; 06-07-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: clarify & typos
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #2  
Weight Watchers Beginner

S/C/G: 234.6/226.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I feel for you!

Three years ago, I joined Weight Watchers after watching my sister-in-law lose over 100 pounds in about a year. I weighed 213 when I walked in there for the first time. After only three months, I'd lost 24 lbs, and got down to 189. I was looking and feeling good, so I got lazy. Today, i weigh about 235 lbs. Everytime I try something on that doesn't fit, I start dieting again. But ultimately, I ended up weighing more than what I did when I started. I feel like I should just give up sometimes.
Roxxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #3  

I know what the heck! But don't give up! Just start new! You did it before and now you know what went wrong when you got down some! Let's not do that again!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lots of people go through this until they realize at last that there is NO GOING BACK. Those old habits are hard to get rid of, but they have to go, and new, better habits have to take their place.

You can do this, but please tell yourself that you'll need to be aware of what you're eating from now on. This is not something you do until you get to a certain weight if you want to keep the weight off.

It can be done! And you can do it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

That's the best thing, every day you get a new chance to start again! It's not failure, but experience. Now just take that experience and go from there!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #6  
intern

S/C/G: 297/ticker/190

Height: 5'8.5"

Good Luck!
freckfrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #7  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for posting this. So many times when I've fallen "off the wagon" I feel like I can't post here among so much success. It's important to share our slip-ups, too, and to find support and encouragement to get back up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again.

You are an inspiration! Thank you.!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #8  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I am starting again today too! to all of us!
:
Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. I am glad you have returned. I try to remember that I am still learning how to take care of me after negating myself for so long. I had to move nutrition, sleep and exercise to the very tip top of my priorities--ahead of everything and everyone. Otherwise, I just wasn't doing what I needed to for me. Good luck. I am glad you are here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

If the fatigue doesn't get better with the supplements, may I suggest a visit to your doctor? It could be a thyroid issue- which would also make weight loss difficult.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone! I know it's hard, but what we can't do is give up! Try Try Try again till we get it right! Today I used the treadmill, did upper body free weights! And thankfully I did a have a lil' bit of water weight because I'm down 1.5lbs from yesterday! So now I am .5lb less than my weight last year when I started! yay! So now I've got this kick in the butt and I'm on my way.

So this is my fitness plan for this week:
Mon: 25m TM, Upper Body
Tue: 28m TM, Pilates video
Wed: 25m TM, Lower Body
Thu: 30m TM, Upper Body
Fri: no cardio, Pilates video
Sat: 30m TM, Lower Body
Sun: Rest

and then repeat! I'll change it up a lil as I go but I just have to exercise!!! The only time I see results is with exercise. I love to eat too much to diet alone.

I also am taking some vitamins & supplements (no diet pills) just C.L.A. for the weight lifting and also CoQ10 & L-Tyrosine for more energy. And I take a B-Complex, a 1200mgCalcium +D, 1000mg Vitamin C, & 200IU Vitamin E. When I take a regular multi I get ill even with food. So I figure with my diet I get enough of other stuff and these are the vitamins/minerals/amino-acids that I want to make sure I get enough of! I already am feeling better today.

I don't know if it's my attitude or my excitement at starting again or the extra nutrients but I feel pumped up today! I hope to keep at it, finish the 12 Week walking plan I'm doing and being more toned and lean by then end of this 1st 12 Weeks. And then find a new plan to do or maybe see a personal trainer by then. Last year I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks, so I know this is possible! I would like to be at 219 by the end of this 12 weeks (that was my lowest weight I got to last year) and then I can focus on getting to that elusive 199!

Today is day 1 so I have to remain diligent! I must persevere and have patience and I will ultimately reach all my goals! Yay for the self-pep talk!

Jennelle: Thanks I thought that before too, but had it checked before and they said I was normal. So now I just try to make sure I use Iodized Salt, eat my eggs & have shrimp to get enough iodine to help keep my thyroid up to par. But I will make sure they check it again if nothing changes because my mom has hypothyrodism, and I'll want to catch it early if I do get it too.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
Thank you for posting this. So many times when I've fallen "off the wagon" I feel like I can't post here among so much success. It's important to share our slip-ups, too, and to find support and encouragement to get back up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again.

You are an inspiration! Thank you.!
I wanted to comment on this too... I totally agree, when I go offplan and feel hopeless/worthless/like a failure etc, etc... I come on here lurk about read other peoples posts about giving up and I think to myself, I can't give up!!!, else I'll never get to where I want to be! So I find it completely encouraging to read when people admit there mistakes and decide to start anew!!!

Fiberlover: Thanks for that idea! I have tons of experience that I can now fall back on! I know that I feel great when I work out regularly, when I don't imbibe on the alcohol, when I get good sleep, when I have proper nutrition, when I don't deny myself cravings (that lead only leads to stuffing myself). I know that I feel like miserable greasy crap after I eat fastfood and wish I'd only had the willpower to drive past it go home and eat somthing good, or go to a subway/pita place instead. It's funny how I think to myself 'well you wouldn't feel so bad if you didn't eat that greasy crap!' I know sometimes I'll give in and have it, but I've found in the past if I go a few weeks without it, it starts to taste nasty and I dont' even crave it anymore! See I've got the experience now I've got to put what I've learned into practice!

Last edited by Platinum; 06-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.