Old 06-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Default Med style diet and jillian michaels

I just read the new Jillian Michaels book. Master Your Metabolism. It is a great read. It is basically the Mediterranean way of eating. She is very clear about cutting our addiction to processed foods and chemicals. She even talks about cleaning products, what to store your food in and what to use in your garden. ORGANIC ORGANIC ORGANIC is her big thing. She talks about eating lots of organic fruits, veg, nuts and seeds. Eat more fish. And of course eating till full not stuffed.

Can you believe it! I was really impressed. Because of her huge popularity with the Biggest Loser, this can't not catch on! People are going to be eating the Mediterranean way because she said to and not even know it

My only complaint would be that she does not have many recipes. She does not suggest carbs at night. Which does make sense when she explains why. It does have a lot of info about which chemicals to avoid and why. Even down to your beauty care. If you see it at the library, I would def recommend it for a read.
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  

I've watched Biggest Loser and have been impressed with Jillian, but I haven't sought out more of her ideas. I might try to find this book! I'm glad to hear that she promotes a Med-style diet and hope it does catch on. The Med diet seems to be the most logical diet, I can't imagine why anyone would not follow it.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #3  

Default Food:

I have the book on Kindle and I think it is great. The only exception, as you pointed out, is that I really don't know how to put together meal plans. Sure, I could eat plain organic meat, vegetables, and fruit . . . but that would get boring fast.

I really can see that this is the way to get healthy . . . almost every book says to limit processed junk . . . and advocates "if it doesn't grow from the ground or have a mother" . . . but . . .

I just can't figure it out and I am sure if I took the time to put together recipes and menus that it would work great. I just don't have the time. Does anyone know of any resources?? Just normal food . . . simple yet not too bland.

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Just bought her first book - Winning By Losing - and have the same issue. There are recipes and suggestions but not enough. I have to really dig into the details though - so far all I know is that I am a balanced oxidizer which is probably why the lo carb diets only worked for a certain time for me.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote