20-Somethings - What "little things" do you look forward to?

PopcornFiend
06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
What "little things" do you look forward to when you lose your weight? I was just thinking this AM about it...

1) I can't wait to step out of the shower in front of our mirrored closet and not wonder if my boyfriend is looking at my back rolls

2) I can't wait to not have to sit in the front seat of a packed car (biggest in front!)

3) I can't wait to order a cheeseburger and not feel self-conscious that everybody in the restaurant is saying "should she really be having that?"

4) I can't wait to walk in a store and shop in the MISSES section, not Women's!!

5) I can't wait to not see the word "OBESE" on my medical file!

I'm hoping some of your awesome "little things" will help keep me on the right track!! :)

SweetScrumptious
06-06-2009, 04:33 PM
not having my thighs rub together! ....that would make my clothes last twice as long!

lookingtobehealthy
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
can't wait till the day that I want someone to take a picture of me,
Or the day that I will go dancing with friends and not feel so awkward.....

CJZee
06-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Many years ago, when I was in my early 20's, I joined WW and got down to about 135, the smallest I have been in my adult life. My high weight back then was about 180, a weight I was deeply ashamed of (interestingly, I am no more ashamed of my current weight than I was of that weight -- probably less so -- and don't perceive myself to be any bigger, which may be part of the problem).

Anyway, my office had some kind of celebration at a restaurant one night and there was also dancing. I remember one of the office guys "slow" dancing with me, but he was really good, twirls and fast moves and such. I had never been able to keep up with anyone like that before, but I remember I did, and I had such a good time!

Now I am almost 60 and newly engaged(!). My fiance loves to dance and is very good, but I never dance with him. It is sad, really. He loves me for me, I know, but I also know he loves to dance and misses it. If I were slim I know I could dance with him and not be awkward and slow because I still remember that time 35+ years ago when I was able ... to....dance. CJ

Starrynight
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
- thighs not rubbing together
- being able to literally run around and not worry about how I look
- feeling a smoooth back, not lumpy backfat
- not having to cover up with a jacket or a blazer
- having enough room to put my legs up when I'm in a car or in a chair lol

so many more but that's what I can think of from the top of my head!

moralitylikeart
06-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm just looking forward to seeing my hips bones...

miss shelly84
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
~not having to worry that I'm outeating everyone, including guys, at parties
~not having my thighs rub together also
~not having people make snarky comments when I go to lunch at work (it happened, years ago, still haven't forgotten it)
~being able to wear a bikini again! (Haven't worn one in 13 years)
~not having only two clothing store options to choose from in the mall and both of them suck and are horribly expensive.
~attracting men!
~not feeling snug in a plane or theater seat (can fit in one, but as mentioned, it is a bit tight.)

These are just a few of several.

M

Tracy
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
-shopping anywhere for clothes
-buying stylish,cute clothes
-having self confidence
-not obsessing about food/weight
-not thinking if only I was thin
-having energy,and being able to move around easier

PopcornFiend
06-06-2009, 08:59 PM
These are great, gals.. and so inspiring!! I hope and know that we will all reach our goals...

kim83
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Pretty much everything that has been mentioned before. Plus,
*being able to fit in rides (like at disneyland)
*being able to walk faster
*being able to climb stairs easier
*being able to play with my kids more
*being able to run
*being able to fit in booths are restaurants easier
*being able to wear whatever I want!
*being able to wear normal shoes (I'm hoping my wide feet lose some weight too)
*being able to make love with my husband easier
*feeling sexy

dymondndruff
06-06-2009, 09:30 PM
-not making a joke about myself to cover up how I really feel
-when someone refers to me as small and I look around to see if they are really talking to me.
-hot having to worry when getting out the car or chair making sure pants don't fall under rolls or your stomach is showing
-when someone hugs me or when a guy touches my back i don't feel disgusted
-when taking a picture with others then viewing it, i don't have to mental prepare on how fat i will look
-or when taking a picture you try to do the pose that underemphasis your weight
-when walking a short distance not looking like you just walked a mile, sweaty and shiny. lol
you ladies probably going to kick my butt for saying this but when a guy walks by I won't think I could have gotten him if i was smaller. (sad but true)
-going to a food buffet with confidence

beaka
06-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Maybe I'm superficial, but I most look forward to being able to buy lots of fabulous clothes. :D

PopcornFiend
06-06-2009, 10:19 PM
dymondnruff - great list! i like the one about walking, hehe, cuz i sweat like a pig!

beaka - not superficial at all. I can't wait for that either.. I hate going shopping with my thin friends because I can't buy anything from the stores they shop at, and vice versa. I'll be happy even wearing an XL, as long as it's in the misses dept!

WormwoodDoll
06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
- Being free from this relationship with food
- My thighs not rubbing together also!
- Not feel like I'm being judged if I eat a slice of pizza
- Being able to shop at "regular" stores and fit in "normal" sizes
- Being comfortable in my skin
- Going to the beach! It's been years!
- Not being afraid I won't fit in a ride. I haven't been to an amusement park in a long time
- Not dreading summer because I sweat so easily
- Be okay when people take pictures and post them online without my permission

dymondndruff
06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
-
- Be okay when people take pictures and post them online without my permission

^^uggh good one, I immediately take down my tag if someone tags me of facebook!!

AKT
06-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Be considered "healthy"
Fit a single digit size pants
not have rolls when i sit
not having to wear a sweater to keep myself covered cause i feel fat

BellaDiva
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
not having my thighs rub, I want to be comfortable in a skirt/dress
being able to go on a difficult hike and not get winded
Fit back in my riding chaps
Be able to use my saddle that has a weight limit of 200 lbs
wear a really nice swimsuit and not worry if the tag says "slims you instantly"

cb1
06-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Looking great for DH when go out to dinner - not being embarrassed to eat in public.

Being smaller than DH - for awhile there my waist was bigger than his! :( (and he's like 9 inches taller than me. )!

Running around the neighborhood without my belly jiggling!

Having an hourglass shape instead of a "round" shape (seriously my belly was on the verge of taking over my boobs LOL)

Not being the "fat mom" when I take my kids to the park or pool. I never want my kids to have to grow up with that. I had to with my own mom (she was/is almost 300 lbs) and it was really, really hard to grow up with that. Don't get me wrong I love my mom, but kids can be very very cruel. I don't want my kids to have to deal with that.

Wearing cute clothes with a waist instead of wearing maternity clothes when I haven't been pregnant for 2 years!

Stella
06-07-2009, 05:36 AM
A whole armful of things:
* Being able to consider buying any clothes w/a thinking "I`m too fat for that" (Clothes must be no one thing!)
* Not attracting snide remarks when I`m jogging
* Not looking fat on photos (I once blamed my husband who took the photo and my mum laughed: "But that`s not his fault!")
* Holiday/beach photos I`ll want to share with pride
* not comparing unfavourably to other women (I know...)
* Hubby carrying me up the stairs again
*show those who don`t believe I can ever get slim again

stellarosa27
06-07-2009, 11:53 AM
My two big ones are :

Not having my thighs rub together
Being able to buy pants where-ever I want! (Limited, I am looking at you!)

An added bonus would be to fit into this fabulous dress (size 10) that I wore in highschool/college.

amyleigh
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
it seems so simple, but i can't wait to be comfortable in warm weather. somehow when it's like 75, I always feel like it's 90. as i'm getting smaller, it that 75 has gotten up to about 80, which is fabulous.

on the other hand though i'm NOT looking forward to being cold in the winter (my bff lost 50 lbs used to be like me but is now cold if it's under 65...i like my insulation haha)

aneleh
06-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm looking forward to:
-Being a faster runner
-Having more energy
But these will come with training and keeping a healthy diet, not necessarily losing weight.

WormwoodDoll
06-07-2009, 01:00 PM
it seems so simple, but i can't wait to be comfortable in warm weather. somehow when it's like 75, I always feel like it's 90. as i'm getting smaller, it that 75 has gotten up to about 80, which is fabulous.

on the other hand though i'm NOT looking forward to being cold in the winter (my bff lost 50 lbs used to be like me but is now cold if it's under 65...i like my insulation haha)

I know what you mean. My boyfriend & I will go for walks and I'll be like "UGH IT'S SO DISGUSTING" and he says it's fine out. It feels so humid to me and I feel like dying. I am out more in hot weather then before though.

moralitylikeart
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
~I also want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit and even more than that hot!
~I've always wanted to be "fit" so that's something I look forward to feeling and being considered
~ and I miss my hourglass figure... I'm a pear right now and I'm over it

jessicaRo
06-07-2009, 01:37 PM
-I love shopping so I can't wait till I can buy clothes anywhere!
-being comfortable in a bathing suit
-my thighs not rubbing together
-having more energy

:)

kswood87
06-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok well as much as I would love to have my legs not rub together I know that's where I carry all my weight so they might still touch slightly at goal AND

I want to be able to shop in any store I want.
I want to be able to wear bikinis, short shorts, and cute lingerie for hubby.
I want to be more active( running, rock climbing, scuba diving, etc).

beautifulmess
06-07-2009, 03:36 PM
- Not dreading going to the mall.
- Not having my thighs rub together
- Not being hesitant about sitting on the floor (because it takes forever to get up! anyone else know what I mean?)
- Not have people make fun of me
- Not shy away from pictures and just be the photographer, but rather the person IN the picture.
- Not feel paranoid and think that every damn person in the world is talking about me.
- To look at myself in the mirror and SMILE a true and genuine smile for once.
- Not wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants in the SUMMER TIME.
- Not hiding myself behind coats
- Feeling CONFIDENT, for once.
- Being able to move faster, breathe easier and do what I want without feeling the need to stop.
- Not having to go over the PLUS size part of the store to find clothes that fit.
- Being about to live the life I never could.

Beautiful Ace
06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I've been overweight since I was 6... So I guess for me, it's EVERYTHING. I can't wait to experience everything that being a normal weight has to offer. Like going rock climbing for the first time. Being able to wear a skirt without getting a friction rash. lol Going to a club and not being the biggest person there. I can be a flirty person, and I would love to just be able to start flirting with a guy and not worry that he's not into big women. (he may not be into other things about me, but my weight is the only thing I'm insecure about in this case)
Oh oh, and being able to go shopping with my friends, and not have to wait around awkwardly watching them because nothing in that store would ever fit me. AWKWARD. So much more.

Stella
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I've been overweight since I was 6... So I guess for me, it's EVERYTHING. I can't wait to experience everything that being a normal weight has to offer.

A friend of mine who has never been a slim adult has said something interesting: She said she cannot wait to see what she looks like slim, underneath. She cannot wait to experience life as it is for the normal-weight people, as she truely does not know what it feels like.

I`m so looking forward to see her reach her goal and find out!

Beautiful Ace
06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
A friend of mine who has never been a slim adult has said something interesting: She said she cannot wait to see what she looks like slim, underneath. She cannot wait to experience life as it is for the normal-weight people, as she truely does not know what it feels like.

I`m so looking forward to see her reach her goal and find out!I wish her goodluck also since I know the feeling!

craftykath
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
- No more chub rub!
- No more double chin.
- Getting a really great haircut because right now, I feel like I have to hide behind my long hair.
- Having a beautiful neck and arms. Weird, I know, but I am so, so, so, so, so self-conscious about my neck.
- Being able to wear tank tops without being so self-conscious.
- My hands and feet are already losing fat, so pretty soon I'll be able to wear all of my old rings that don't fit me anymore. I can't wait!

NishKitten
06-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Being able to grab the sample size One-Of-A-Kind designer dress on the mannequin, have it fit, AND get it at discount.

I know that sounds stupid, but my friend owns the most fabulous boutique and the dresses that the mannequins wear usually end up at the salvation army or on ebay. I want him to be able to give them to me. :)

marina
06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
not having my thighs rub together! ....that would make my clothes last twice as long!

OMG I would love this! I dont think this will ever be the case fo me, when when I was 98 pounds my thighs still rub, they are not huge but they never get as thin as I think they should be!

I cant wait to fit into my size 6 clothes without feeling like im going to burst out at any second! :)

amyleigh
06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
i'm also looking forward to my boobs not sweating. haha i know it's so simple but boobsweat is the worst cuz you can't attractively wipe sweat out of your cleavage. it's just not possible.

Moni28
06-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Maybe I'm superficial, but I most look forward to being able to buy lots of fabulous clothes. :D

I totally agree with this!! :) :) :) I totally want to shop shop shop!

I also look forward to

--not trying to figure out the best way to pose in a picture so that my double chin and belly don't show (or at leat not that bad)
--wearing tank tops
--not having back fat poke out from my bra!!
--sitting down and not thinking "are my rolls sticking out too much?" and then switching position a million times
--not feeling all my fluff jiggle when i do a jumping jack!!
--feeling more confident!

Good question Alyssa! :)

RubyGuggenheim
06-08-2009, 07:20 AM
I definitely agree with people on the thigh rubbing and the being able to shop anywhere.

Something I think about occasionally is that if I get married (no current plans or boyfriend, I'm just saying when it does happen), I really want my husband to be able to carry me into the hotel room on our honey moon. Not like he has too, just, I'd like it to be an option.

Findmyself
06-08-2009, 07:54 AM
-not making a joke about myself to cover up how I really feel
-when someone refers to me as small and I look around to see if they are really talking to me.
-hot having to worry when getting out the car or chair making sure pants don't fall under rolls or your stomach is showing
-when someone hugs me or when a guy touches my back i don't feel disgusted
-when taking a picture with others then viewing it, i don't have to mental prepare on how fat i will look
-or when taking a picture you try to do the pose that underemphasis your weight
-when walking a short distance not looking like you just walked a mile, sweaty and shiny. lol
you ladies probably going to kick my butt for saying this but when a guy walks by I won't think I could have gotten him if i was smaller. (sad but true)
-going to a food buffet with confidence

Wow, I agree with everything!! This is me.

sws19
06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
*being able to buy clothes because i like them not because i can actually fit into them
*going to the beach again
*not having to put a pillow in my lap when i sit on a couch
*not being afraid to get busy with the lights on
*feeling as pretty as my friends

HerNameWasBlue
06-08-2009, 11:27 PM
i'm also looking forward to my boobs not sweating. haha i know it's so simple but boobsweat is the worst cuz you can't attractively wipe sweat out of your cleavage. it's just not possible.

Does this really happen when youre thin? I wouldnt know ;)! Does boob sweat just stop? I mean without losing your boobs, Id like to keep those at least most (or some) of them . . . but the sweat can go, I agree, its the worst! Id say the only thing that might possibly be more difficult than trying to attractively wipe sweat from your cleavage would be trying to attractively (and discreetly) wipe sweat from under your boobs :)

slothgirl
06-08-2009, 11:37 PM
more feminine shoulders :)

PopcornFiend
06-08-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL at boob sweat. I don't get boob sweat but you know what I HATE? Sometimes after doing my cardio, when I sit on the machines at the gym I get... butt crack sweat!!! I don't even know, but you know, a sweat mark is left on the seat!!! I always wipe it off BUT GROSS!!! I feel like a big wet blob right about then!

choirgirlhotel
06-08-2009, 11:58 PM
* not having to CONSTANTLY pull my shirt away from the rolls on my stomach!

* to be able to walk around with pants and just my bra in front of my boyfriend

* to be able to as a previous poster said "get busy" with daylight or the lights on and not be horrified

~Choirgirl~

PS - hey sws19 - where are you on our treadmill thread! no one is there anymore!

Kataclismic
06-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Some of these kinda make me sad, because even when I was suuuper thin,(and starved/worked out like a maniac to be there) I didn't feel as pretty as my friends, I didn't feel confident to eat, or have my picture taken, or wear cute/daring clothing, or be noticed by the opposite sex. Infact, the thinner I got, the worse the insecurity became. :( I don't want to be some kind of doom-sayer, but has anyone else had this? Ladies, don't wait to reach your goals before you love yourself, allow yourself to live your life. You will never be where you are today, for better or for worse. If I die tommorow, I hope my friends say that I loved, lived, laughed and ate. I don't want people to say..."Wow, was she disciplined and thin." Just my two cents.

PopcornFiend
06-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Ladies, don't wait to reach your goals before you love yourself, allow yourself to live your life. You will never be where you are today, for better or for worse. If I die tommorow, I hope my friends say that I loved, lived, laughed and ate. I don't want people to say..."Wow, was she disciplined and thin." Just my two cents.

I agree with you! Of course, this is all about bettering ourselves, but I can say despite my weight, I love my life and am thankful for every minute I have. It's a good self check in to remember that while you may complain about your legs, at least you have them and they can carry you across streets. Same applies for just about any other body part - they may not be perfect but if you have them and they work, you are blessed. It's just motivating to work hard so you can become an even happier person - at least that's how I look at it! :);)

rosekeet
06-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I want to be able to comfortably fit into all the clothes in my closet. I have A LOT of clothes, many of which are too tight.

misspiggy408
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I can't wait to ...

*get into that mono-kini I bought in the jr's section last summer...

*my beer gut goes away so people stop asking how far along i am...

*fit into all my old clothes pre-baby...

*go back to Florida for my family reunion 60lbs lighter than the last time
they seen me...

*Feel confident and comfortable with my body again, in bed...

I guess some of these are BIg things, but i'm looking forward to them ;)

elle w 19
06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I can't wait to have proportions that are the same as a pair of pants. I hate having pants be too tight in the waist but saggy in the hips and butt.

I also can't wait to not have crazy indentations on my stomach from the tight waist band!

Oooh ooh! And I can't wait until I don't notice my belly button indent when I wear a tighter shirt. I hate catching a glimpse of myself and immediately seeing where my belly button is and the "bagel" of fat around my belly button.

stargzr
06-09-2009, 09:37 PM
~Not feeling like I have to suck in while sitting if someone can see my belly.
~Wanting to get into my swimsuit!
~Being comfortable with my husband showing me off.
~Wearing the clothes I feel express my personality.
~Putting on a tank top to show off my arms - not just to stay cooler.
The list can go on and on but those are the first things that come to mind.

Tiffanyrae6
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I can not wait to fit back into my dresses I used to wear. And looking fabulous in my bathing suit:)

Taylor86
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Crossing my legs

lissa9501
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
i want to be able to wear clothes and not have to hide the pooch i have
to walk into a bar wearing something hot and feel hot
to put on my size 14 jeans and have them zip and button up all the way
to get my wedding rings resized so i can wear my diamonds instead of a skinny band(my wedding rings are too big right now i'm terrified to wear them so they're put up and i wear my original band which is a 6 3/4 and it cuts into me when working out)

jennsreadytolose
06-10-2009, 01:07 PM
-Being able to put on short shorts or dresses (for the first time ever) and KNOW I look good.
-No more thunder thighs and the "wonderful" rubbing feeling associated with it.
-Having those 2 dimples on your lower back (hopefully you know what I am talking about) be prominent.
-Being able to get clearance clothing that is actually cute. Have you seen the tonssss of clearance at Hollister? I would have a field day in there if I were that small lol. (someday, sigh) Actually screw them, I still remember the day I had to get jeans from there. They do not even put 9's or 11's (that I've ever seen) out on their tables. The girl had to get an effing HUGE ladder to climb up and get my size. They stock their "big" sizes in cubbies towards the ceiling. Talk about EM-BARRASSING.
-To be on the opposite end of the clothing size spectrum. Where I'll pick something up and have the 75% chance that it's too big. Instead of hunting for the biggest size they have.

Fox
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I can't wait until I don't have to arrange my pants waistband and my tummy rolls when I sit down!

And I also can't wait to have no problem stripping down to my birthday suit in front of my boyfriend in full light without a second thought.

HerNameWasBlue
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Lots of things, but probably #1 would be: being able to go swimming without wearing a pair of shorts or a large t-shirt over my bathing suit!

amyleigh
06-10-2009, 11:21 PM
i look forward to not having to ask "what's the biggest size you carry" when i walk into a new store

lissa9501
06-11-2009, 12:07 AM
today i did something to make my tighter fitting 16s fit i rubberbanded them lol it worked but they still dont stay up where they should all because part of me isnt flat enough for a 14

D Red757
06-11-2009, 02:49 AM
I can't wait.........
* to feel confident about my body.
* to be the healthy weight for my height.
* to be excited about wearing a bikini again.
* to get this weight under control. ;)

JigglyBits
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
I have to say you ladies covered it all, so its all of the above for me :D
plus the confidence that comes with being slim :)

SusanDreamer
06-11-2009, 04:01 AM
I can't wait to be able to wear a miniskirt and know that I look good in it.

And I also can't wait to be able to dance like crazy in a club without people thinking 'What's the fat girl doing?'

Phatty
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
-Being able to wear sleeveless shirts to show off my TONED arms
-Not having to shop in plus size stores and buying all the cute stuff I wanted for years
-Enjoy going out with friends and taking pics without being disgusted about how fat I look in them
-Not having to un-tag my self when friends post pics of me online
-Feeling sexy in EVERYTHING I put on
-Not being worried about going out and seeing people I haven't seen in a while for them to notice how fat I look.
- I cant wait to hear compliments from people I havent seen in a while bout how GOOD I look..lol
-Being able to wear lingerie for my BF
-Being able to shower with my BF! lol..its been 5yrs and we haven't done that ONCE
-Loving my OWN body and not comparing it to others.
-Last but not least, not having this emotional relationship with food!
-

StarCarly
06-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I can't wait until I don't have to arrange my pants waistband and my tummy rolls when I sit down!

That's a huge one for me! I do it almost instinctively, but I know everyone can see me covering up my fat!

Stella
06-12-2009, 04:19 PM
That's a huge one for me! I do it almost instinctively, but I know everyone can see me covering up my fat!

I can hardly believe this is necessary for you. You seem to be a good weight!

Civakas
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I can't wait to:
- go rock climbing. My sister brought up the idea a couple of years ago to go with my nieces and nephews. I said I wasn't interested but the truth is I knew I wouldn't be able to carry my butt up that wall!
- Wear a size 10
- walk around my apt in a undergarments w/out feeling self-conscious in front of my bf
- not being the heavy one in my family

beautifulmess
06-15-2009, 12:30 AM
oh yeah, I forgot to add....

squeeze through tight places! like at the movies, through the seats or through doorways that don't open all the way...I can't explain, but you know those places that skinny people can get through without having to suck it in or go around the other way??? yeah, that. lol

aislyn
06-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Hmm..

not being the only fat person in family pictures
being able to keep up with my family
not having my thighs rub together
being able to take the stairs and not be out of breath
being able to shop in 'normal' stores
and not crying because most of the clothing I like does not fit well

abetterme
06-15-2009, 02:01 AM
* I can't wait to just feel healthy and fit and hot! I have been overweight since fifth grade, and have always been shy and self-concious. I can't wait to wear a bikini one day, to look good on my wedding day, and to prove some people in my life wrong. :-)

Stella
06-15-2009, 08:10 AM
I`d love to wear something and have another woman say "! I wish I could fit into that."

This probably sounds as if I wanted to outdo other women, which is not true. It`s just that I always look at other women`s clothes and wonder what it must feel like to wear such things. I want to be that woman at last.

Stella