General chatter - BASEBALL 2009 ~ 2nd inning.....

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : BASEBALL 2009 ~ 2nd inning.....

EZMONEY
06-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Way cool :carrot:

We have had our 500 posts and have to start a new thread...

I remember when we had to start a new thread after the playoffs started...

RAZZ...took us until the bottom of the ninth but we did come through for you!

Clydegirl
06-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Diane when I saw that pitchers numbers 0-6, I thought this guy is gonna give us trouble. Sure enough he looked like a Cy Young winner out there.

Lets hope we play better today.

Slashnl
06-06-2009, 12:01 PM
That was a really strange game last night, Clyde! What a 7th inning. I felt like I was watching my son's little league games with all the walks! (no offense!)

I am hoping for a repeat!

Clydegirl
06-06-2009, 04:17 PM
No offense taken :)

I've just seen tonight's line up and I'm shaking my head. Wellemyer pitching does not inspire confidence, you never know what you're going to get with him.

My daughter is going to tonight's game and we're going tomorrow, please guys can we get some runs.

EZMONEY
06-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I am beginning to think Big and Little (Middle?) Birds are becoming Cardinal groupies/roadies...cool

Clydegirl
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
And I am beginning to think why did I spend that money on 3 tickets?

I am not a happy camper :( 4-0 top of the 6th. Take that back now 6-0.

We do enjoy the games though, always a lot of fun. Plus tomorrow they are giving away a cool Yadier Molina backpack :D to all kids 15 and under.

I'm jealous my middle daughter went with her friend tonight and they have really nice seats just behind the dugout.

EZMONEY
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
My guys won with a walk off home run from Andre Ethier in the 12th...he had a game winning double last night in the 9th too...

Clydegirl
06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Diane I think your team has come to life.

They are hitting that ball well. 10-1 final, unbelievable.

Slashnl
06-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Clyde, I watched the game and looked for ya! :) I am really sorry for you, but happy for me. It's good to see some wins.
I wondered about the Cards' pitching, too. It wasn't very impressive.

Can we have one more? You've been a very generous host so far!

Sweetcaroline
06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
We dropped the rubber game to Texas... :stress: their pitching was surprisingly good and Dice K was inconsistent, his usual lately... Yankees come in on Tuesday.. I'm convinced their new ballpark was designed for the homerun derby... We'll have a fair shot at Fenway...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys...:corn:

Clydegirl
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Just got home :(

We are in a slump. Diane your bats are coming alive. One more tomorrow dear knows what will happen.

EZMONEY
06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
At the half my LAKERS up by 5 and my DODGERS tied 1-1...

Good to see you here TEAM

EZMONEY
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
bummer...but my LAKERS won an exciting one!!

Slashnl
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey Clyde, I feel your pain. I am so glad to see some good hitting by the Rockies, but I know how it feels to be in your shoes.

But hold off on winning until after today, ok?? :)

Slashnl
06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, 5-2 Rockies beat the Cardinals.

You ok, Clyde?

EZMONEY
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
It looks like she isn't speaking to you D

Clydegirl
06-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, 5-2 Rockies beat the Cardinals.

You ok, Clyde?

Enough of that Gary ;) Yes Diane I'm fine. Not enjoying watching this team play at the minute. There is no life to them at the moment.

Just got my internet back. We had a tornado touch down tonight on the outskirts of our town. Wild weather.

So it's onto Florida tomorrow, oh brother.

Slashnl
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
We're off to Milwaukee. Not sure what I should expect now. I'm a little hopeful and that's a little scary!

Clydegirl
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Diane you need to beat the Brewers.

Slashnl
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, we owe you big time, Clyde! I hope we can help you out on that one!

Sweetcaroline
06-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Yankees are here tonight and so is the rain...
Gonna be a cold night at Fenway, hope the Sox bats are hot :flame: .........

Enjoy your games everyone.. :corn:

Slashnl
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow! The Rockies won again last night! Just for you, Clyde, we beat the Brewers 3-2.
I'm so excited!!!

Clydegirl
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
And the Cards lost again. Hate losing like that, walk off home run.

Thanks for beating the Brewers Diane.

Sweetcaroline
06-10-2009, 05:05 PM
We took the first game against the Yankees.
It was a beautiful thing.. Beckett was on fire and our bats
were hot... Papi got a 2-run HR... it was awesome... Tied for
first place with them now... I'm hoping for a repeat performance
tonight...

Enjoy your games tonight... :corn:

God Bless the security guard who lost his life protecting the people at the Holocust Museum today in DC..

Clydegirl
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Thank you. Thank you.

The Cards bats come alive tonight and we win 13-4 :)

EZMONEY
06-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Beat those padres last night but down 1-3 right now....dang!

Amen to that SWEET-C....whakos in every corner.

Slashnl
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow, the Rockies beat the Brewers again!!! I'm just loving this, seeing their bats come to life! yay!

We're making a run at knocking the Dodgers out of first. (Ok, maybe not yet.)

Sweetcaroline
06-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Game 2 Sox win... Close one though... whew...
Game 3 tonight then off to Philly... I have to look at pitching schedule
and who will have to bat... It's always interesting without DH...

Enjoy your games tonight... :corn:

Slashnl
06-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Good luck to you Caroline!

Did you see???? The Rockies won today, sweeping the Brewers! Wow! Now we're on to Seattle tomorrow.

Clydegirl
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Diane did you see the Cards won as well :)

Those Rockies are looking good at the moment.

EZMONEY
06-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Wow, the Rockies beat the Brewers again!!! I'm just loving this, seeing their bats come to life! yay!

We're making a run at knocking the Dodgers out of first. (Ok, maybe not yet.)

:mad: .....;) I remember when they won...what?....17 in a row, season before last, at the end...you just never know!

Sweetcaroline
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Well that was prolly one of the best games with Yankees yet... We won and swept them... Big Papi's bat is alive !!! and even better, we have won 8/0 games against them this year... In Philly tonight should be good games.

BILL, PEAR, all of RSN... you OK out there ?? :rain:

Enjoy your games everyone ...:corn:

BillBlueEyes
06-12-2009, 10:12 PM
You bet, SweetCaroline, that sweep was sweet.

Can't believe we've done in the Evil Empire for all eight games this season.

We're tied 2-2 with one out in the bottom of the tenth right now; hope we pull this off.

Razz44
06-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Ohh my goodness to be a Mets fan. You just cannot make this stuff up.

So coming off 2 tough extra inning losses to the Phillies, the Mets go to the Bronx to play the Yanks. Very back and forth game, lead switched hands about 4 times. Tied going into the 8th, Mets start a 2 out rally against Mariano Rivera and take a 8-7 lead. Fast forward bottom 9th, still 8-7; 2 on 2 out for the Yanks... A-Rod up...hits a pop up to 2b, easy routine play, and but our friggin 2bman drops the ball and instead of out #3 and a Mets win, both runners score and the Yankees win :mad::mad::mad:

BillBlueEyes
06-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Amazing Red Sox win in thirteen innings.

My sympathies Rass for the Mets losing to the Yankees by a dropped pop up in the bottom of the 8th; that's a tough one for a devoted fan.

EZMONEY
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
This not hitting thing is getting old....very old!

Have a great vacation BILL!

Clydegirl
06-13-2009, 10:32 AM
:( Here we go again, against a rookie pitcher, high era and we can't figure him out!!

Clydegirl
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Razz I feel your pain.

I watched that play on mlb.com. They showed it with 4 different commentators.

Slashnl
06-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Razz, I am so sorry for you. That was just unbelievable. I never saw a replay of it, but I can just imagine how horrifying!

Hey Bill, we'll miss you! Have a good vacation.

And yay to my Rockies. 10 in a row! I didn't think a manager change would make a huge difference, but maybe it did. I am liking what I am seeing. I am sorry that I lost hope before, but it is nice to see some quality baseball!

Sweetcaroline
06-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Enjoy your vacation Bill...

EZMONEY
06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Quite a run there D!...of course you have an ex-Dodger manager!....dang!!...wink

The light delay of 1.5 hours last night gave us new life! Once again we win to keep from losing 3 straight...that is a good sign even when our hitting stinks right now...no long loss streaks.

EZMONEY
06-14-2009, 09:49 PM
WE win and it's a good thing since D's Rockies can't seem to lose!! WOW!!...11 in a row....

Slashnl
06-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Gosh, I know! It's so amazing to watch the Rockies on this great streak they have! They're off today. I hope that doesn't kill the momentum!

On to bigger news!!!! I found out last night that my 13yo son made All Stars in his little league! He doesn't know yet because the ceremony is tonight. I'm so excited, even though this will eat up a few of our precious weeks of summer. He'll be thrilled.

Sweetcaroline
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Razz... my sympathies... that was a lot of work...

We lost last game to Phillies.. our pitcher hit a HR.. Go Beckett !!
Day off today...

Congrats Gary on Lakers... unfortunate after game celebration though, lots of bad press here on fires etc...

Clydegirl
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Great win against Detroit and Justin Verlander pitching.

Just what we needed.

EZMONEY
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Congrats BIG BIRD

0-0 with the A's in the 6th for me

Thanks SWEET-C...yep there are jerks everywhere...what is cool though with all the cell phone cameras the cops have pics of all the hoodlums!

Slashnl
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I didn't see the end of your game, EZ. I was watching for it and then just couldn't keep my eyes open.

Well, the Rockies ended their winning streak. I thought it might happen right after taking the day off. Hopefully, they will get right back to their winning ways.

Sweetcaroline
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Congrats Diane on your All Star son, :cp: that's exciting...

We are playing the Marlins... hmmm you know its bad when you feel bad for the 'other' team... Their starting pitcher lasted only a few innings. We had a big first inning... But...Dice K on the mound tonight and he was out early last time... so who knows.. correction Brad Penney on mound, same applies.. lol

Are you guys voting for All Stars ??? On line ballots are on your team sites...
You can vote as many times as you want..........

Enjoy your games everyone... :corn:

EZMONEY
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Another big win in the 10th for us yesterday! I fell asleep too D! And I forgot to say....YIPEEEEEEEEEEE on your son making All-Stars! Awesome just awesome...it does prolong the season but what memories he/you all will have!

No voting yet for me SWEET-C....but I wouldn't vote for manny!

Sweetcaroline
06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Tonight is the 500th consecutive sell out at Fenway... They're giving away cool stuff between innings... gas cards, coupons for food, gift certificates for team store... everyone gets a baseball on the way out... prolly a good idea to have it on the way out...
Me want some stuff too..:kickcan:

OK... in the category only at Fenway: Ever since Jason Bay was traded here (part of Manny go bye bye trade) he keeps saying he wants to meet Bobby Orr. Well tonight they hid Bobby Orr behind scoreboard (its the old kind, they still manually change the scores) Bay walked out to his LF position and Orr started heckling him from behind the scoreboard... Bay finally turned around and Orr walked out, shook hands... and now back to the game... HA !

EZMONEY
06-17-2009, 11:08 PM
OUCH! The kid, Trevor Cahill, from my high school is killin' us tonight! 4-0 A's....still early....but the way we have been hitting....don't look good...

Clydegirl
06-17-2009, 11:15 PM
And another nice win against the Tigers.

Caroline I have voted at all the games for the All-Star game. Haven't done it on-line.

Khalil Greene is back in town. They are going to put him at third base instead of short stop, apparently he is doing better.

Slashnl
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Sweet C, I haven't voted. I lose interest in the All Star game. (except in little league!!)

Rockies won last night. They tried to give it away, but were able to stay ahead!

Sweetcaroline
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Our game will prolly be rained out, :rain: its been pouring here all day... forecast is bleak right through the weekend...
I hope Bill is vacationing somewhere dry..:beach:

Yankees were beat by the Nationals last night... :lol:

Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

Slashnl
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Yankees were beat by the Nationals last night... :lol:

Sweet C - Glad you mentioned that. I thought it was so funny to see that score!

Rockies win today! Yay! Pittsburgh is coming to Denver tomorrow. I'm not sure how good they are. I'll have to look at the stats.

Clydegirl
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Diane Pittsburgh are not very good but we have a hard time every time we play them.

Sweetcaroline
06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
We actually played last night, despite the downpours.. but we lost..
Atlanta Braves in tonight for three... rained all day, but clearer now and nice and humid.. We see Nationals and Atlanta again next week... Inter-league seems really long this year...

Enjoy !! :mcd: sorry... sick of popcorn :D

EZMONEY
06-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Took 2 of 3 from the A's...the only loss was to the kid from my old high school and our hometown...so mixed feelings...nah...that kid stinks!!!

Playing my other team tonight....dang....those ANGELS usually kill us!

Have a great week-end of games gals...whether it's the pros or the youth!

Clydegirl
06-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Cards win the first of 3 against Kansas City, 10-5.

Khalil Greene had a nice game which was good to see.

EZMONEY
06-20-2009, 08:46 AM
dang those Angels....dang!

Hope Bill is enjoying his trip.

Sweetcaroline
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
We lost to Braves last night :halfempty

I'm looking forward to the game tonight D-Lowe vs Beckett.. should be a good one...

Slashnl
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
On a new streak now, winning with the Rockies. It was great to go above the .500 mark. Whew!

Clydegirl
06-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Another win :)

Khalil Greene has homered in both games against Kansas City.

EZMONEY
06-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Brothers Weaver went at it against each other last night...so glad Weaver WON!

EZMONEY
06-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Good for Khalil....maybe things will turn for him now.

How 'bout them Rockies!

Dice-K maybe off to the DL...maybe that will turn him around

Slashnl
06-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Wow, the Rockies were awesome last night! They came back and won! Love that Todd Helton!!!

Happy Father's Day, Gary!!! Hope you have a great day!

Sweetcaroline
06-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Beckett pitched a shut out last night against Braves... beautiful.. D Lowe got 2 standing O's... RSN still loves him ! Dice K is going to DL, so our 6 man rotation plans lasted 2 days... LOL... SMOLTZ back next week, can you believe it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My father passed many years ago, way too young (63) :angel:. My fondest memories are of him and I watching the Red Sox games and he teaching me all about the game... I had a billion questions and he explained it all... He'd say "Wait, you see that ?... watch the guy on first base... see em stepping off, he's going to steal second".. Watch the pitcher, watch his arms... ready... go... and the guy would run..and steal 2nd base ... For gosh sakes... I thought my father was a mind reader...

He loved to sit down on a Saturday afternoon with a tall cold can of Schiltz, a pack of Luckies and well-behaved rabbit ears to watch the games.. I'll never forget when they were winning all those games in 1967, he was so excited... He loved Jim Lonborg and George Scott...

To those of you lucky enough to still have your dads... sit down and watch a game with him... and ask him about his memories of baseball... make another memory...:hug:

Happy Father's Day Gary and Bill (wherever you are)....

EZMONEY
06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
I have many memories of my fathe,r who passed away 20 years ago at the age of 54, and baseball...

from my Little League and Pony/Colt League games ~ DODGER and ANGEL games...

I also have many-many memories that continue to grow with my son and baseball...from the above to playing catch in the back yard almost every day of his life until high school....

good times....

I hope all of you had and will have many more too!

Razz44
06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Happy Father's day to all the dads out there!

Oye, my Mets are really struggling lately. Losing 10-6 right now in the 9th.. likely to slip to just one game above .500. The bullpen which had been a strength has struggled lately. Mets haven't won a series or even 2 in a row in quite some time.

Luckily EZ's guys are really the only team in the NL that have played great this yr...nobody else has really taken off, so the Mets are still very much in the division and WC races. They probably need to make a trade for a bat though.

Clydegirl
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
And we sweep the Royals :)

Razz we're heading to NewYork. Are you ready?

Sweetcaroline
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Yay... we beat the Braves today with a walk-off HR by Nick Green... He's turned out to be quite good... Off to face the Nationals ... should be interesting...

Have a good night all...

amyleigh
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
so i'm new to this thread and i'm a phillies phan ( i know you all hate me, but i didn't just jump on the band wagon...born and bred a phanatic...and i was at game 5 last year AMAZING)...anywho, i'm currently mourning our 6 game losing streak. i can accept the sox last week...but the jays and the orioles? i'm in pain.

EZMONEY
06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Welcome AMYLEIGH

Well we got 2 of 3....sweet!

Slashnl
06-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Amyleigh! (I don't hate you!)

Rockies are awesome! I just can't believe how much they have turned around. Can firing a manager really do that much good? Anyway, off to face the Angels. Hopefully Gary's Dodgers wore them out!!

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Welcome AmyLeigh... I'm glad you found us...

I hope your Phillies snap out of it soon...

We are off tonight... good thing, as it continues to RAIN here... I can't stand it anymore... but Summer is officially here...

Enjoy your games everyone...:corn:

Clydegirl
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome Amyleigh.

Razz you got the first one :(

Todd Wellemyer not good. You never know what you're going to get with him.

EZMONEY
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
A nice day off....

RAZZ your team is just getting hammered with "stuff"!

See you all later TEAM...Bill is back isn't he?

amyleigh
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
so word on the street has it that Ryan Howard might be returning to the game tonight. i'm hoping his sinusitis didn't spread through the team...that could be why they've been sucking recently. if my boy is back, you rays best watch your back (of course, there's a good possibility he'll be back and do nothing haha).

big congrats to the rockies for their big win!

Slashnl
06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Amyleigh (I'll take the congrats for the Rockies!). They were just on fire last night. They've been on a great roll now, but I hate to talk about it and have it change.

Sorry, Clyde! Yay, Razz!

Razz44
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah my guys have a ridiculous amount of injuries right now. 3 of our 4 best hitters (our SS, 1b, CF), 2 of our 5 starting pitchers, our set up man, one of our backup SS, one of our backup OFers are all on the DL. And our backup SS that is playing has torn ligaments in his thumb, and our LFer has an injured knee. I've never seen anything like it. We also just recently got our catcher and RF off the DL.

Beltran who just went on the DL hopefully won't be out long, and our starting pitchers supposedly will be back soon, but the others are going to be out awhile longer still. Just gotta hope to find ways to win and hope that the Phils and others don't get too far ahead.

Sweetcaroline
06-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Holy Smokes RAZZ... Maybe they should keep Greta Van Sustren on the mound... LOL

We're playing the Nationals tonight... they are struggling... but I am not counting my chicks just yet....

EZMONEY
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
MANNY strikes out in first at at bat in the minors....I really don't care except my son's friend Brian Mazone plays for Albuquerque...a left handed pitcher.

here is the link for all you MANNY fans....wink!

http://albuquerque.isotopes.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t342

Razz44
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Clydegirl your guys got mine tonight.

Pinero always owns the Mets.

Clydegirl
06-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Pineiro pitched a complete game shut out.

Great game Joel.

Slashnl
06-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Oops, dropped one at the Angels. Hopefully the Rockies can bounce back again tonight.

So, Razz and Clyde are tied in this match up. Who will win today??

Clydegirl
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Good question Diane ;)

Our babyface is pitching tonight.

EZMONEY
06-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Looking to win again against the White Sox tonight!

Clydegirl
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
What a dreadful game, absolutely dreadful.

Where is the offense?

I didn't think it could get worse but it did :(

Razz44
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice game for my guys. We desperately needed one like that. Should be a good game tomorrow, Santana vs. Carpenter.

EZMONEY
06-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice win RAZZ

We bring 7 across home plate and lose...dang!

Clydegirl
06-25-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's pitching match-up.

Note to the team he still needs you guys to score to win the game.

Clydegirl
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Why take out Carpenter? His pitch count wasn't that high.

Then in trots Reyes who puts 2 on!!!!

Razz44
06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice pitching all around today. Got a little dicey in the 9th... I really thought we were going to lose the lead after that awful blown call w/ Pujols at 2b in the 9th... Yadi kills the Mets. But thankfully we held on for a much needed series win.

Clydegirl
06-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I hate losing games like that :(

I don't know how we are still in first place.

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
................JOHN SMOLTZ............. he's back....

Smoltz is starting tonight, first start of the season for him since shoulder surgery last year... He's 42 now ! I can't wait to see what he can do....
We are heading to Atlanta for 3 over the weekend... he won't get a start there... but he'll be a Red Sox... weird

Is it me or is it 'unfair' in some way that Manny gets to 'play' 10 games of his suspension in the minors ? Prolly not a bad thing for Dodgers (Hi Gary :D) for getting his timing back etc... what do you guys think ? Do I have my facts straight ?

Enjoy your games everyone...:corn:

EZMONEY
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Well SWEET-C I don't think it's fair either...and I am not all that keen on people being so forgiving either! I wonder if he was hitting .200 with 0 HR's if they would be so "loving"....If I were owner...Juan Pierre would keep his spot in leftfield!

but then that would not be smart would it?!

Slashnl
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
No games for the Rockies tonight. Hopefully, they just need rest (referring to last night's game). Then, tomorrow they play at the A's.

EZMONEY
06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
lost :( in 13 :(

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
We lost too... Smoltz didn't do so well, gave up 4 runs in the first... ouch !

That's how I feel too Gary... But Manny has that way about him... he squirms his way out of a lot because he can hit a damn ball... I feel bad for J. Pierre.

Clydegirl
06-25-2009, 10:43 PM
He shouldn't be allowed to play until the 50 games are up.

The Dodgers are looking good without him.

Slashnl
06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
lost :( in 13 :(

Ouch! That's a tough one to take.

Clydegirl
06-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Here we go again.

A pitcher they have never faced before and they play terrible baseball.

EZMONEY
06-27-2009, 12:38 AM
looking good to get a win over the M's tonight...

Slashnl
06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Rockies beat the A's last night. Although the A's were very helpful and didn't play well. We'll take it!

Sweetcaroline
06-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm getting really sick of inter-league games... Last one tomorrow... YAY !!

Clydegirl
06-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Albert beat the Twins today.

Clydegirl
06-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Just heard on MLB we got Mark DeRosa from the Indians.

Finally the front office has done something to fill the gap at 3rd. We desperately need someone to take the place of Glaus.

EZMONEY
06-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Another loss....DANG!

From all accounts MANNY has not recieved one boo from the standing room only crowds for the 2 minors teams he has played for...

People say it is because they like him....his personality is greater than his "cheating"....

interesting.....

The newspapers say we cheer MANNY for the same thing WE boo barry bonds....WE'd boo barry bonds if he fed the homeless! he is and was a giant...it ain't about the steroids!

Slashnl
06-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I didn't stay up for it, but the Rockies won! They were way ahead, but the A's crept back into it by the end. I'm glad we stayed out front!!!!

EZMONEY
06-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Those ROCKIES are getting on my nerves!...wink

how is All-Stars going D?

Slashnl
06-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Gary, we're coming to see you guys next!! (Scares me, I hope we can keep on our roll!!)

Thanks for asking about All Stars. They are still in the practicing time. The tournament starts July 6th. Right now we are busy getting the order forms for all the gear they can buy! (They must not realize we are all suffering through a recession!!!!) Anyway, my son is having a great time, even with just the practicing. He just keeps smiling, so I'm happy!!!

Razz44
06-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Oh man... that was about as depressing as a June series can be. Swept by the Yankees at home.

Only had 9 hits for the whole series... a .102 batting average. Our lineup is just dreadfully awful right now.

Clydegirl
06-29-2009, 09:16 AM
3 against the Giants.

We have Brad Thompson tonight going against Tim Lincecum.

It was good to see Mark DeRosa in a Cardinals shirt. He's also very easy on the eyes :)

Razz do us a favour and beat the Brewers :)

Slashnl
06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Swept the A's! Now on to the Dodgers. (Be nice, Gary!!)

Sweetcaroline
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
We lost Sunday's game to Braves... Inter-league play is done :cp: ...
Now off to Baltimore...
I can't believe its almost July...:sunny:

Enjoy your games everyone.. :corn:

EZMONEY
06-29-2009, 07:01 PM
That's tough RAZZ! WE didn't do too good against the Mariners either.

Go for the sweep BIG BIRD!...hate-hate those giants...Lincecum is awesome though...dang

Good luck with the O's NATION

It's ON D!!! Why do we have to play the hottest team in baseball after going 1 for the last 5?....dang

Play ball TEAM!

EZMONEY
06-29-2009, 10:47 PM
thanks for nutin Big Bird...ouch!

Razz44
06-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Ugh..another day, another L...slipping below .500 for the first time in awhile

We're in trouble right now. Desperately need to make a trade of some kind.

Slashnl
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Razz, I feel for you. Your team has had a black cloud circling for a long time. Hope they break free soon!

Well, Gary, one for you. Hopefully, we'll come back tonight and take one back!

EZMONEY
06-30-2009, 07:31 PM
That was not fun D...went to bed 2-2...worried as all get out...woke up to the LA TIMES calling it a tie in 13 as they went to press...relieved when I went on-line to ESPN and saw results...

good luck tonight...hope you lose...wink

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
We were winning 9-1 in the 4th... currently in rain delay... I want Smoltz to get this win... :?: who knows if they'll put him back in after this delay... ratz !

Yanks are creeping into the race again... :headache:

Razz44
06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Annnd we lose again. :(

We got 2 in the first seemed like it might finally be a good day, but not a good start for Johan. Not helped by the fact that the field gave way and a huge divet came up while our CF was chasing after a fly ball, so he fell on his face and the ball fell in. And of course it led to a big inning for the Brewers. Ugh...what a miserable few weeks its been.

EZMONEY
06-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry RAZZ...tough week

NATION....big win

BIG BIRD...you're no help to me...I hate-hate those giants!!

Down 1-0 to D's Rockies right now....

Clydegirl
06-30-2009, 11:50 PM
I've been MIA,was up in Northern Illinois. Cub and White Sox country.

Have not seen either of the 2 Giants games. Just as well, sorry Gary.

EZMONEY
07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
nice game D....dang!

Slashnl
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, that was a good game! We'll see what happens today with the Rockies and Dodgers! They really are evenly matched right now.

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2009, 04:08 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

I thought we had it all sewn up.. after the rain delay was called I never put the game back on...:chin:

Wednesday, July 01, 2009
By DAVID GINSBURG, AP Sports Writer

BALTIMORE Nick Markakis hit a two-run double off Boston closer Jonathan Papelbon to complete the biggest comeback in Baltimore Orioles history, an 11-10 win Tuesday night before a mixture of delirious hometown fans and stunned Red Sox backers. :yikes: :headache:

Enjoy Your Games Everyone :corn:
I will be watching the whole game tonight..:lol:

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2009, 07:01 PM
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: And... while I was writing that post up there I missed the 'day' game...
Geez when do teams ever play a Wednesday 'day' game.. It is Wednesday, right ?
Game went 11 and it was Boston's turn to make a comeback late :D

EZMONEY
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Wild ones in BOSTON!

WE won today while I was at work...those Rocks are looking good D!

Help me out tonight will ya BIG BIRD?!

Clydegirl
07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
We need the win Gary.

1-0 top of the second :)

EZMONEY
07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Thank-You Big Bird!

What a sweet way to win it!....dropped foul ball...boom!

Clydegirl
07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Woo-Hoo we needed that. Walk-off home run in the 10th.

Good pitching game.

Clydegirl
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
We're going to the game tonight.

It's the last home game, before the All-Star break. Wellemyer is pitching dear knows how that will go :)

There's a bunch of stuff going on for the All-Star game, should be a fun time. We will be going downtown to enjoy some of it.

Slashnl
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
That was quite a series, Gary. I think my Rockies played well. Onward!

Sweetcaroline
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Have fun Clydegirl..... !!

Just call me Moldy in Boston:rain:

:corn:

EZMONEY
07-02-2009, 09:15 PM
We're going to the game tonight.

LOOKING like you are having fun through 7 innings! Thanks for the ...hope-hope win over those giants! :carrot:

There's a bunch of stuff going on for the All-Star game, should be a fun time. We will be going downtown to enjoy some of it.

Those fan fests things are great!

That was quite a series, Gary. I think my Rockies played well. Onward!

It was....They did...scaring me!

Just call me Moldy in Boston:rain:

I see you are off today too MOLDY ;)...the yankess are coming....the yankees are coming...on you fast

:corn:

RAZZ got a win today :carrot:

My son and dil were down at the Padre game today...I went on-line when I got home to check scores...saw "delay"...I was thinking for what?...isn't raining...day game so no lights...streaker?...nope...bees!

Enjoy your FRIDAY!

Clydegirl
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Cards win :) Good game.

I was sitting beside a Cubs fan. He was at our game and going to KC tomorrow. Very nice and interesting to hear his comments on the game.

Watch out for those Giants Gary. They have good pitching.

Razz44
07-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Oooh Manny is back! Should be interesting to see how that goes down!!

My guys won 2 in a row!
Playing the Phils this weekend, both team have been bad lately, hopefully my Metsies can win this series.

nooch
07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh my god there's a baseball thread, this forum really is paradise.

I hope there's a football thread in-season too :D

I'm not feeling the red hats the Yanks are wearing, do they do that every July 4th and I never noticed or is it new?

Clydegirl
07-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Welcome Nooch. So are you a Yankees fan?

Aren't all the teams wearing hats for ALS this weekend?

EZMONEY
07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I hope there's a football thread in-season too :D

Our college football one does well...pro...not so much.

I'm not feeling the red hats the Yanks are wearing, do they do that every July 4th and I never noticed or is it new?

Oooh Manny is back! Should be interesting to see how that goes down!!

MANNY'S BACK...MANNY'S BACK!! :carrot:

My guys won 2 in a row!
Playing the Phils this weekend, both team have been bad lately, hopefully my Metsies can win this series.

Welcome Nooch. So are you a Yankees fan?

Aren't all the teams wearing hats for ALS this weekend?

LINK to follow for the ALS ~

https://secure.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/mlb/y2009/m07/d01/c5636318.jsp

Slashnl
07-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I didn't know about the ALS hats. I'll have to check out the Rockies game and see if they are wearing them!

EZMONEY
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Standing ovation in San Diego (keep in mind we are just 100 miles from Los Angeles) from mostly blue jersey wearing folks in the crowd tonight...

walks on a 3-2 pitch....

out at second and a run scores...yipee

EZMONEY
07-03-2009, 10:32 PM
5-o after top of the first...MANNY is back....

how quickly we (some of we) forgive....;)

Clydegirl
07-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Grand slam Albert. You have to love this guy. His 4th this season.

It's so much fun to watch him play.

Cards win 7-4.

Sweetcaroline
07-03-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm not surprised Gary... Manny has that way about him... People (most) forget all of his antics as soon as he hits the ball... Will J. Pierre be benched now ? Until Manny 'hurts' something.. (a.k.a. needs a few days off..) It sounds like you guys didn't skip a beat w/out Manny because of him...

We lost tonight to Seattle.. in the 11th and Yanks won... our lead in the AL East is down to 2 games :headache:

BILL.... :beach: Are you home yet ??????????

nooch
07-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Yup, Yankee fan here - I practically grew up at the Stadium and now that I live in NM I watch all the games on my laptop.

Joe said that Pierre is going to be benched, which I totally don't get. Didn't he hit like .318 in Manny's clomid-drenched absence? But like you said, sweetcaroline, Pierre will be back in the lineup as soon as Manny's princess self wants a day off. Didn't Manny only last six innings tonight anyway?

Pujols is going to be the Triple Crown winner I never thought I would see in my lifetime. If it isn't this year (and it might be) it will be soon. Now all I need is someone to hit .400 and I can die happy.

Sweetcaroline
07-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Nooch... meant to say Hello earlier... Nice to have another AL fan around here... even if you are the enemy.. :lol:
Hope you can stick around...

Finally sunny here today for the game...:sunny:

I'm off to stare at potato salad

nooch
07-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Definitely!

Right now I have the Cubs-Brewers on WGN and the Yanks-Jays on my laptop and it's pretty close to my vision of paradise (except if it were paradise Prince would be here with me instead of on TV). I think Halladay is about to lay the smack down on the Yanks' threat.

I wish baseball would do the playoffs like the NBA so we could get the four legit AL East teams in.

EZMONEY
07-04-2009, 02:06 PM
I would have like to see PIERRE start yesterday and MANNY come in later, if needed. I think JUAN deserved that! What an outstanding job he did for us :carrot:

WE have so many DODGER fans down here so Petco Park is always full of them when they come to play the padres.

MANNY got a few boos but was drowned out by the real fans ;) I am not sure why the padre fans even go to the games :D

But the true test will be next....when MANNY and the BOYS play RAZZ...it could be a very different "welcome" ;)

Enjoy your games...

A yankees fan amongst us...

is that allowed TEAM? ;)

Clydegirl
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
What a lackluster game. They looked really flat out there today.

nooch
07-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, Manny hit a HR. Great.

EZMONEY
07-05-2009, 08:35 AM
It was a great strat for us NOOCH....but those dang padres had all the fire-works at the end...dang.

Slashnl
07-05-2009, 11:49 AM
There were fireworks at Coors Field, but they only happened after the Rockies lost. Darn!!!

Sweetcaroline
07-05-2009, 02:03 PM
We dropped 2 straight to Seattle... Hopin we'll pull off a win today..

All star picks are out, Boston has two starters..
And...Tim Wakefield 'finally' gets the call... He sooooo deserves it...:spin:

OT: Thank You Andy Roddick for an awesome Wimbledon Final !

EZMONEY
07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
That was an awesome finals at Wimbledon SWEET-C

I left for church in the second set and got home in time to see the final 10 games of the final set...epic!

WE have 3 All-Stars and voting online maybe KEMP will be voted in. Wish Pierre would have made it.

Finishing the series with those padres today...have our ace Billingsly going.

Later folks~

Razz44
07-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Ugh my team kills me. They are torture.

So the Phillies have been horrible at home this yr. Apparenly only won 2 home series all yr (both against the Nats), hadn't swept a home series all yr, hadn't let a visiting team go more than one game without hitting a HR. That is until now. Mets get swept 3 straight, don't HR all series, and get completely shut down by one cruddy pitcher after the next.

So depressing. Our one good hitter left is Wright and he usually kills the Phillies, but when 0-fer the whole series, and today grounded into a DP with the bases loaded during one of the few scoring chances we had. Ugh.

They have a day off tomorrow, which is their first day off in several weeks, so hopefully the rest will help.

Then we have to take on EZ's guys. Uh oh

Clydegirl
07-05-2009, 04:50 PM
We won against the Reds today, 2 of 3. Day off tomorow then on to Milwaukee.

Pujols, Molina and Franklin selected for the All-Star game. So can the National League win this year?

Watched the tennis, fantastic play from both players. Felt so bad for Andy Roddick.

EZMONEY
07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Horrible....we go to the bottom of the 9th up 6-1...with our All-Star pitcher having given up only 2 hits and 1 run...All-Star closer ready to go...well after all the fireworks game tied at the end of 9...dang..

Won on a Loney homerun in 13....wild....depressing....but 2/3 so off to see RAZZ

Sweetcaroline
07-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Seems to be a run on late inning losses lately...:chin: hmmm...

We are up just one game on NYY now...we had 4 games on them last week :headache:

Slashnl
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Why we dropped two to Arizona is beyond me. Darn it. I guess it is good that we won one of the three. Washington is in Denver starting tonight.

Clydegirl
07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
7 big games coming up. 3 against the Brewers and then 4 with the Cubbies.

EZMONEY
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
RAZZ....I think you might just be catching us at a good time for you....dang!....we are in a hitting slump.

Razz44
07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Looks like you got outta that slump tonight.

Nobody is in a bigger offensive slump than the Mets right now.

What a depressing couple of weeks. Shutout yet again. Only scored 1 run in the last 30-something innings.

Clydegirl
07-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Got the first one against the Brewers.

Keep it up guys.

BillBlueEyes
07-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Just back from vacation and saw the Red Sox beat Oakland at Fenway this evening.

Waving to SweetCaroline and RedSoxGirl - hope both of you were there also.

Gary - Congrats on your shutout win over the Mets. Not sure from a quick read why your man Manny left the game early. Your guys seem to continue on a roll.

EZMONEY
07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry Razz...hey Bill....Manny was thrown out arguing a call I guess...my daughter came up to do the Father/Daughter Walk...missed the game...too bad so sad! Glad you are back and safe! I needed you...a one man gang is not enough around here!

Razz44
07-08-2009, 12:28 AM
At least we get one injured guy back tomorrow - Oliver Perez - probably the guy we need least of all the injured guys, but maybe he can provide a spark. He was awful earlier in the yr, an ERA almost 10, but hopefully that was due to the injury and his issues are corrected. Should be interesting.

Slashnl
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone! I'm out of the loop on MLB right now. I do know the Rockies won a couple against the Nationals. I would expect them to really shine, but they have only one by one run each time. A win is still a win, I guess. But sometimes it seems like they play to the level of their opponent, and no more. (what a whiner I am!!)

On to bigger baseball news: I've been spending a lot of time at the baseball fields for our little league All-Star's tourney. It's been fun, frantic, nerve-wracking, etc. My son's team won their first game 10-0 and my sweet baby boy (13 years old, but hey, still my sweet baby boy) got an out of the park home run! His first ever! He was so excited and I was just beside myself. Fun times. That was great. Last night the lost their game against a very strong team, 19-10. But, since it is double elimination, we will play again on Thursday.

Now back to your MLB games!

Clydegirl
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Diane that's great about your son. It's so much fun watching them play and do well. You must be really proud.

Things are heating up in St.Louis for the All Star game. I'm getting really excited.

EZMONEY
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Now that's what I call a great baseball memory that your family will remember forever DIANE!!...

My son and I were both baseball all-stars...neither hit a home run over the fence until later in life (although we both had inside the park ones) We did have some in our adult rec leagues.

EZMONEY
07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Well RAZZ we tried to win it in the 9th...Manny leading off with thr HR...2 on and Ethier up...I was feeling groovy...dang! double play...C-Ya tomorrow!

NATION today you beat the kid, Cahill, from my town and pitched at my alma mater...so sad...wink

BillBlueEyes
07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Gary - Ouch for coming so close in the 9th, but, then again, you guys still lead all of MLB with 53 wins.

Yeah Red Sox for pulling off another win against Oakland in lousy baseball weather at Fenway.

Clydegirl
07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Brewers won tonight. A really close game. Wellemyer again :( He gets into such a funk when things are not going well.

Slashnl
07-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Rockies swept the Nationals, we're trying to get past the Giants. Just keep plugging away!!! We're moving on to the Braves in Denver.

*** Little league news - game tonight... hoping for the best! ***

Clydegirl
07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Woo-hoo take 2 of 3 from the Brewers. Now onto Chicago for 4 games. A double-header on Sunday.

Gary take care of the Brewers for us please.

EZMONEY
07-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Even RAZZ's bunch were nice to MANNY...thanks for the hospitality....hug

Clydegirl
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
:woohoo:

We are going to the All Star FanFest today :cheer3:

I got a new camera so will take lots of pictures.

It looks really good, tons of things to do and a lot of baseball memorabilia.

:cheer:

Cards are taking on the Cubs this weekend 4 games. Doesn't get much better than that :D

Slashnl
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, the Rockies won! That's the good news...

The little league team had their second loss, so they are out of the tournament. Disappointed son, but that's the way it goes. We'll have a little time now for summer before football starts next month! ha!

Sweetcaroline
07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Sox are having a little trouble lately... tied for 1st with Yanks now...:(

Welcome back Bill... we missed ya.. I saw you at Fenway... nice seats !! Was that Theo and Larry with you ?

Diane... congrats on your son's HR... :congrat:

Gary.. Manny has changed... hmmm... he never argued much... now he's getting thrown out of games... geez...

Have fun Clydegirl... should be a blast !!

RAZZ... I hope for your walking wounded get back fast, tis the season for injuries I guess...

LETS GO NATION !!!

The :sunny: was out today... amazing...

I might be MIA this weekend ?? headed to the Cape if time allows...
Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

EZMONEY
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
WE got it for you in 10 BIG BIRD...hope you had a great time today.

Sorry the "real" baseball ends for you D

NATION...why are you always so afraid of those yankees?....

Clydegirl
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
That was a lot of fun. So much to see. Took loads of photos.

St. Louis is really buzzing just now.

Cards beat the Cubs. Game 1.

Clydegirl
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Thank you Gary. That was a big 10th inning.

EZMONEY
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
how cool big bird..posting at the same time

EZMONEY
07-10-2009, 11:50 PM
huge...especially since we gave 2 back!

watching those dang padres lose to those dang giants right now...arrrghghhh

nooch
07-11-2009, 01:41 AM
I am not emotionally invested in the Giants at all, but that was really nice tonight.

I'm a sucker for milestones though, I was even happy for Jon Lester last year and he's The Enemy.

BillBlueEyes
07-11-2009, 05:00 AM
Thank you Gary and your Angles for dropping the Yankees. We need a little help from our friends.

Fear of the Yankees? Nope. No way. Just good healthy paranoia about a team that doesn't fade away graciously. Ever. Read a clip on the web that the Yankees and Tampa Bay would have to battle it out for the wild card, and thought it was written by a member of the Nation in a standard bit of day dreaming that the Red Sox were untouchably on top. Dream on, LOL.

Sweetcaroline - Thanks for the welcome back. Yep, that was Theo and Larry all right - good spotting - but those weren't my regular seats. They had security come get me to join them in their box to have a spot of tea and discuss a strategy for bringing down Oakland. To their credit, they're good listeners and what we worked out did the job. Have a good weekend on the cape.

Clydegirl
07-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh brother great first inning.

Thompson walks 2, hits 1, 3 runs scored.

EZMONEY
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry we were no help for you today Big Bird....dang!

Clydegirl
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
We didn't help ourselves Gary.

On the bright side just got back from the All Star Concert with Sheryl Crow and Elvis Costello. What a great place to watch a concert, under the Arch.

BillBlueEyes
07-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Thank you Gary and your Angles for dropping the Yankees. We need a little help from our friends.

Ditto.

And, not to seem greedy or anything, but when you have another chance this afternoon, kindly repeat.

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 08:45 AM
We didn't help ourselves Gary.

On the bright side just got back from the All Star Concert with Sheryl Crow and Elvis Costello. What a great place to watch a concert, under the Arch.

Sounds like fun....I saw the Beach Boys Reunion Tour at the BIG A ....what the ANGELS stadium was called back then...waaayyy back then, 1974! I believe they have had many reunion tours since :D

Ditto.

And, not to seem greedy or anything, but when you have another chance this afternoon, kindly repeat.

I'll see what we can do BILL...I got home from work in time to see the last 3 innings of the games yesterday...a wild one!

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 09:16 AM
have time and want to see a great catch by our centerfielder MATT KEMP...check this video out from the game the other day against the Brewers...Willie Mays style :)

(scroll down past the picture to the first video)

http://allhiphopsports.blogspot.com/2009/07/matt-kemp-willie-mays-catch-and-grand.html

Slashnl
07-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Darn another Rockies loss to the Braves. One more game in this 4 game series... we need to win to tie it up! Then a few days break for All Star stuff!

Clydegirl
07-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Double header against the Cubbies today. We need at least one win.

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 01:29 PM
OUCH! BIG BIRD...not a great start...watching this one while I wait for my guys...I think Angie has plans to go to Kohl's though....

Clydegirl
07-12-2009, 03:50 PM
pitching did us in and a few errors :(

Bad decision on LaRussa to bring Wellemeyer in to pitch. He's done.

Cubs win ****

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Well a scary win for us today...again the Brewers had the winning runs on base...put couldn't get them in...after we had a 6-1 lead.

That is our main concern....pitching...not going to go all the way unless we find a way to stay out of the bullpen.

My nephew drove from his base to the game too...texted me a picture of the stadium and says..."I am at the DODGER GAME and you're not...ha-ha!"

Then he called me...cool...way cool...

Going to the break with a 7 game lead....I can live with that...

Good luck everyone in the second half!

It's been fun (for most of us)....

BillBlueEyes
07-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Gary and your Angles for sweeping the NY Yankees three games.

The Nation leads the Yankees by three games now.

Clydegirl
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I can't stand listening to these ESPN commentators.

EZMONEY
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I can't stand listening to these ESPN commentators.

:D Joe Morgan is the worst in the world...guarantee to repeat everything a zillion times...that is why I "listen" with the sound off most of the time!

over and over on the play at second...on closed caption...

Clydegirl
07-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Got the win.

Finish in first place going into the All star Break :)

EZMONEY
07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Got the win.

Finish in first place going into the All star Break :)

Now that's a great way to start your BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BIRD :bday2you:

Clydegirl
07-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks Gary, a nice way to start the day :)

Slashnl
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Happy birthday, Clyde!

Here's to a great 2nd half. I'm glad that the Rockies ended with a win.

Clydegirl
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Cheers Diane.

Is anyone going to watch the Home Run Derby tonight?

I have batting practise on right now, om MLB.

It's a gorgeous day in St. Louis, bit warm on the field.

EZMONEY
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I might watch some of it BIG BIRD...to be honest...for me...and only speaking for me...all the HR derby's...slam dunk contests are a bit old.

I miss the way the All-Star game used to be too...not trying to take away from what we have now...but it seemed to be better years ago...maybe because I was young....

Enjoy the derby/game and all the festivities!

After all it is still baseball...and THAT...is a great thing!

EZMONEY
07-13-2009, 10:26 PM
The HR DERBY would be boring me....

if it wasn't for all the kids!!!!! What fun for them running around, chasing baseballs hit by stars!

awesome...just awesome!

Clydegirl
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for my birthday to eat so as we could watch the derby :)

I've never really watched much of it before tonight. It's fun to see the city from the blimp.

Slashnl
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
St Louis is beautiful! Just wonderful to see the arch, the fountain, and the ballpark.

I actually enjoyed the celebrity softball game more than the HR derby. Funny stuff! And Goose Gossage is one of my all time favorites!

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Anyone else going to watch?

They will honour Stan The Man Musial before the game. The greatest Cardinal ever.

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm watching

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone else going to watch?

They will honour Stan The Man Musial before the game. The greatest Cardinal ever.

Jim Gibson and Bruce Sutter might disagree...and Ozzie and Jack....and Albert

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Jim Gibson and Bruce Sutter might disagree...and Ozzie and Jack....and Albert

Everyone around here agrees that he was the Greatest :)

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Everyone around here agrees that he was the Greatest :)

I was kidding Big Bird! :)

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I know :)

Wish I was there.

They shouldn't have booed Lilly, even though he's a Cub.

Sweetcaroline
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm watching... Very nice opening ceremony... congrats Clydegirl...
WOW... the prez in jeans... yikes !

Sweetcaroline
07-14-2009, 09:01 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Clyedgirl.. :woo: :celebrate:

2-0 American League...

Enjoy everyone.. :corn:

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks Caroline.

OK everyone calm down and let's beat the American League.

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Yadi way to go.

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice inning Ryan Franklin.

Early for him but good to see him pitch in an All Star Game.

Sweetcaroline
07-14-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm wondering if any more Sox are going to play... hmmm maybe I missed something..

Clydegirl
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Dang it, American League wins again.

This game should not decide home field advantage.

EZMONEY
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Well I watched the entire game which was unusual for me. So many of them lately I have been working late or had something else to do....church meetings are on Tuesdays.

I enjoyed the fact that a giant gave up 2 runs and a padre got the loss! I hate the fact the Natiional League lost again and I am not glad a DODGER gave up the tying run at 3-3...

But ya know what...

Life and baseball are good!

I am blessed to have such good friends here on our baseball thread!

You put on a great show BIG BIRD! St. Louis can be proud!

Clydegirl
07-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Here's to a good second half.

I was disappointed with the tribute to Stan Musial last night. They drove him around in a golf cart and he handed the ball to the president :( Kudos to Joe Torre for acknowledging him. That could have been handled better.

Love this thread and my baseball buddies.

Slashnl
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I had to come in to work last night, so I can go on vacation soon! But I listened on the radio. So close with Hawpe and the almost home run. Darn, that would have taken the NL into the lead. Oh well.

Here we go with 2nd half.

EZMONEY
07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Here's to a good second half.

I was disappointed with the tribute to Stan Musial last night. They drove him around in a golf cart and he handed the ball to the president :( Kudos to Joe Torre for acknowledging him. That could have been handled better.

Love this thread and my baseball buddies.

BIG BIRD it has been about 40+ years since he played...at least they didn't prop him up like the Pope ;)...he was the MAN... in St. Louis and elsewhere...big time player...BIG!

I had to come in to work last night, so I can go on vacation soon! But I listened on the radio. So close with Hawpe and the almost home run. Darn, that would have taken the NL into the lead. Oh well.

Here we go with 2nd half.

Keep the most important "HOME RUN" alive in your memory!!! The All-Star game will be played again....;)

Slashnl
07-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Well, back to regular baseball today! Yay!
I'm heading out of town and may not be on the computer for a few days, so best of luck to all of your teams!!

Sweetcaroline
07-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Well another happy ending for the AL... {Sweetcaroline makes a gloating face} :dancer:
There is no baseball here until tomorrow night... I'm having withdrawals... :dunno:
I love our baseball thread too Gary... Lots of good people here.. :goodvibes:

Enjoy the next half of the season everyone :corn:

BillBlueEyes
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
So mature of you, SweetCaroline, not to gloat about the home court advantage.

Ya think that this year Gary might really be out here for the World Series?

EZMONEY
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Looking forward to it NATION!

Clydegirl
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Arizona is coming to town for 3 games.

Sweetcaroline
07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
That's very very scary BILL... I was having the same exact thought about Dodgers really coming here...
GARY will finally meet us for a spot of tea... LOL... for real that would be an awesome WS... Imagine Manny back at Fenway.. not sure if he'd need security or a magic marker for autographs..
I'm getting ahead of myself we have a lot of competition ahead of us right here on this thread..

Lugo's gone bye-bye, suppose I should say designated for assignment.. I feel bad for him, never got his stuff back... I remember how good he was in Tampa...

Diane, I know how you feel... I really 'need' a game tonight... kinda like needing chocolate :D Have a nice weekend

Clydegirl... how many will you take ???

Could Roy Halliday really go to NYY ????????? :yikes:

I suppose I could google this.. but does anyone remember the name of the second baseman who had a 'mental block' and couldn't catch the ball ? Was he a Yankee ?

Enjoy the weekend everyone... :corn:

Sweetcaroline
07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
A bit OT... But there is going to be Ice Hockey at Fenway... I'm not kidding... I hate hockey, but I'd go to an game there... A little worried about the grass..

Clydegirl
07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Caroline, Carpenter is pitching tonight so I hope we get that one. I'm not going to jinx them and say anything else.

Halliday to NYY I hope not. There was a lot of people hoping we would get him but Toronto was asking for too much.

I saw on mlb rumors that the Cards were interested in Lugo. So what do you think Caroline? Any good.

We are going to the game on Sunday :)

BillBlueEyes
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
That's very very scary BILL... I was having the same exact thought about Dodgers really coming here...
GARY will finally meet us for a spot of tea... LOL... for real that would be an awesome WS... Imagine Manny back at Fenway.. not sure if he'd need security or a magic marker for autographs..

I suppose I could google this.. but does anyone remember the name of the second baseman who had a 'mental block' and couldn't catch the ball ? Was he a Yankee ?Ya tweaked my interest and I had to google it:

In 1998, Chuck Knoblauch suddenly developed a mental block about making the short toss from second to first base. from: http://www.thebaseballpage.com/players/knoblch01.php

Yep, some of the crowd would boo poor Manny, but the line for his autographs would go past Lansdowne Street, LOL.

Sweetcaroline
07-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you for the link Bill.... he was interesting... and I remember now how awful it was to watch those games, everyone would cringe when he went for a ball... poor guy... and NY 'fans'... would boo him... but Sox never minded..

Clydegirl, Lugo was great with Tampa a few years ago. But mighty iffy with Sox since... injured, slump, injured, too many errors at SS, slump... you get the picture...

Later BB junkies...

Clydegirl
07-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Nice win. Albert back with a bang, 2 home runs.

Gary watch those Astros. They always seem to heat up after the All Star break.

EZMONEY
07-18-2009, 12:04 AM
OUR very own Steve Sax had the same problem...we traded him to the Yankees years ago....loved him

EZMONEY
07-18-2009, 12:04 AM
we look like crap!

BillBlueEyes
07-18-2009, 04:41 AM
we look like crap!

You guys still lead all of MLB with 55 wins.

Yay Nation for a win last night.

EZMONEY
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
True BILL....but unless we make a deal for a starting pitcher...well, me thinks we won't be seeing each other anytime soon!

Clydegirl
07-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Pitcher's duel tonight. Dan Haren won :(

EZMONEY
07-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Finally a win in the second half!

Clydegirl
07-19-2009, 09:49 AM
We are going to the game today.

We need a win, please.

EZMONEY
07-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Enjoy the game Big Bird.

Looking to split the 4 game series with the 'stros today.

Clydegirl
07-19-2009, 06:14 PM
That's a win.

Thank you Joel Pineiro, great pitching and 2 RBI's.

Sweetcaroline
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
................n :stress: :headache: I want do-overs...

Clydegirl
07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
3 against Houston.

They are always interesting games.

Sweetcaroline
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
We're on to Texas... seems like we're always on the road... perfect start times though 8pm..

Enjoy...