Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Default What type of clothing

do you wear? I am looking for some good workout clothes. Something that wicks maybe? I don't know. do they make anything to keep pants from riding up? right now I just wear a tshirt and black sweats. I want to look somewhat like I'm about to go workout, and not paint a shed or something. i want to dress the part. get more in the game. suggestions?
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

somethign comfortable, you dont have to look good, just be comfortable
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #3  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Wicking clothing is a good idea. I always look for non-cotton items.

As far as the riding up issue, you should be able to find capri pants in a wicking material. They're the only thing I've found other than spandexy bike shorts that don't ride up while still being somewhat cool.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Form-fitting moisture-wicking capris. I love mine... Also treat yourself to a good pair of shoes & sports bra. I think if you're wearing your workout clothes (vs. sweats & whatever), you'll feel more motivated to work out.
Hope this helps!!!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I swear by yoga wear, we have a company here called "lu lu lemon" that makes all sorts of comfy and stylish workout and yoga pants, plus they somehow magically "lock and load" so there's no riding up. They are pricey but really good quality, comfortable, last forever and fit no matter how big/small you get (I wore mine from 175 lbs to 279 lbs pregnant and back again), I believe they sell online too Also, I think walmart carries some decent yoga wear and workout gear too. I should mention the yoga wear doesn't really work that well for running, I have a whole different wardrobe for that...
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #6  

My sister used to work for LuLu Lemon, so I have tons of their stuff. While a bit pricey, they truly are amazing, they stay exactly where they're supposed to, they're super comfortable, and it's high quality so it doesn't wear out quickly at all.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Thanks everyone!

The workout wear will make me more motivated. It's kind of like wearing your "power suit" on an interview or a big client meeting. You just feel more confident, so you are. Or wearing a sexy outfit makes you feel sexy. It's not about how I look, it's about how I feel.

These are all great suggestions. I'm definately going to check out yoga wear if I can find it, or at least some wicking pants.

Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

If you're looking for an online source for loose fitting wicking capris, I just ordered some from amazon that I like for running and other kinds of exercise.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
They're definitely not form-fitting but some how to me they're the cool kind of loose, not the shapeless kind. I've found some cute stuff in the workout gear area at Target over the years too. Good luck finding some fun gear!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #9  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I personally can't stand any of the workout clothes that aren't cotton. All the fabric that wicks just feels awful to me.

I react the same way to anything polyester, something about the texture just squicks me out. I guess I am just too texture sensitive.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I usually buy danskin stuff at walmart. It's comfortable and not ridiculously expensive. Although I must say that I absolutely LOVE lululemon
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I wear Nike brand DriFit gear, it is exponentially more comfortable than cotton particularly for running in heat. I also have some Adidas wicking stuff that is great also and has a different feel.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

I'ld say depends on where you work out, what they're rules are, what you're doing and what makes you comfortable. Comfort is the big key here to me. I almost never worked out even though we have a nice gym at work because I don't want to wear 'workout clothes' anywhere in public around my coworkers. I was raised to be fairly modest and at times it hits me harder than others. So when I work out at home I wear a tank top and shorts but I talked to the gym manager at work and now I go over there in the morning or after work in an ankle length skirt and a blouse. I stay away from things like the stationary bikes where there might be a catching hazzard but treadmills, weights and ellipitcals are all within my grasp. Plus if I go after work I don't have to go to the showers afterwards (I go home to clean up) so I don't have to see my female coworkers running around buck *** naked. *hides eyes*
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote