Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #1  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default advice on breakfast

I need some input if someone has some ideas!

I have the same breakfast everyday at 9am. 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 oz wheat thins or similar cracker. Up till about a week ago this has been fine and held me content till lunch.

However things seem to be changing. I thought it was just an off day or two, but it is everyday now. I am waking up hungry- didn't use too. I have been eating earlier and earlier casue I can't wait till 9. I was waiting till 9 because then I didn't need anything till 12 lunch. Now I am soooo hungry before lunch I am about going crazy!

Do I need more calories or do I need to just deal? I have increased my walking, but that is the only thing that has changed. I was walking about 1 mile, but found a walking partner and we are doing 2.5 miles now. I guess I am more active in gereral casue I am getting lighter and have more energy. Oh, I am diabetic and vegetarian if those things matter. Help- before I start to chew on my keyboard!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I say eat earlier- why make yourself hungry? If you find it's not lasting till lunch time if you eat earlier, why not increase the amount of food by another 100 calories?

I usually eat something for breakfast around 8 am and have lunch at 11 am (I like an early lunch) then after that I eat another snack around 2 pm and dinner around 5-6 pm and one more snack around 8 pm.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I find that I absolutely have to eat when I first wake up. I used to wait until I got into the office, but I do SO much better when I eat earlier. However, I have to plan a 10 o'clock snack (protein bar and coffee) or I won't make it til lunch.

If you can't have a snack, I'd add in some more calories to your breakie. Maybe some fruit. You also might want to look into a fiber-full cracker (like Triscuits or Ak-Mak), because fiber can really help you feel fuller longer. Wheat Thins sound all healthy, but they really have very little fiber.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #4  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I don't eat breakfast so I can't help that much. (I get sick if I eat before 11, ever since I was a kid)

Maybe eat at 8 and add a bit more fiber to keep you satisfied till lunch? Or Maybe an apple around 10?
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I had that problem too and them I changed to eating eggs in the morning. Either boiled or an omelet. That with a piece of fruit and I am good now and often forget to eat lunch. I guess it is the protein in the eggs that keeps me full longer.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #6  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I would suggest not to eat the same thing everyday for breakfast, switch it up a little get your body working!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #7  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

I have to eat a high protein breakfast to even make it to my snack 2 hours later.

I usually have:

1c oatmeal with Morningstar

Any combination of ff tortilla of 40 cal bread with real egg, morning star, 2% cheese, spinach, veggies

Omelette various fillings (all veggie with spinach onions peppers tomaotes basil, 2% cheese, turkey bacon, what ever is left over from the night before).

I try to mix it up. I am not sure what plan your are following, but maybe you aren't eating enough. I count calories.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #8  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Unless I am having Oatmeal or cooked cereal for breakfast (such as Red River) (and then I'm sure to include some nuts) I usually have 1 or 2 ounces of protein (so 1 cup of cottage cheese, not 1/2) fruit or veggies and a slice of rye bread with 1tsp butter.

If I need a snack, it's usually a piece of fruit.

You may simply need to replace those wheat thins with real bread--and have an egg now and then. If you don't have time for it to cook, boil up a few some evening and store them in the fridge with a big H marked on them.

Good luck.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 06-05-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #9  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Thanks everybody. I have eaten a few different things lately and it seems to be improving. It is tough to keep my carbs under 30 and still feel satisfied. anything over 30 carbs and my blood sugar level takes a ride.That horrible hungry feeling seems to have faded a bit. I think my body was re-adjusting to the increased activity.
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote