Alternachicks - lesbian mom looking for support,kid is five yrs old,i still haven't lost the baby fat

soozie
06-20-2002, 01:53 AM
:wave: :wave:
hi. I'm 41 years old and have a five year old. I live with my partner of fifteen years. I've gained 70 lbs. in the past fifteen years. I'm really ready to lose it now but need support. I'm looking for a buddy to email with reports of progress and encouragement. Just to keep me accountable.
I've tried different things, not into dieting at all, just conscious, healthy eating,
I was working out at a local gym for eight weeks then stopped for eight weeks. Now I'm back at it.
Any one out there with issues, interests common to mine?
Lets help each other lose the weight and keep it off and live long enough to dance at our children's weddings !!!
in a nice mother of the bride dress, not a muu-muu!!!! :)

ellis
06-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Hey Soozie!! When I told you that Lesbians were SOOO welcome, I didn't know you WERE!! Come on over to Alternachicks if you like us! We're really supportive. We're a little bizarre, but if you don't mind that...
Ellis

squeaker
06-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Sorry but I had to add ---

a LITTLE bizarre????? hehe

:)squeak - who never ever claimed to be normal......

soozie
06-21-2002, 07:15 PM
Hey ladies.
Aren't there any of you out there??? I know alot of fat lesbians. So that can't be the problem. In fact the woman who is the office manager where I work is convinced that we have some kind of rule book.

She asked me the other day, why don't lesbians ever wear color, as in colored nail polish or makeup. She is such a trip.:dizzy: I told her that its in the rule book, we have to be fat, have short hair, hairy armpits, no nail polish or make up, flat shoes, hate men. .. you know the drill.

I mean my Dad is a man and I really love him... and I just got a manicure...well I'm rambling but I'm just hoping to entice your response, yeah you. Don't look at me like that. I'm talking to you. Write back and encourage me to pass up the wonderful sensation of eating junk for the wonderful sensation of having a healthy body that fits into clothes and can keep me going for many more years :)

and thank you alternachicks for your warm welcome, you're a weird and wild bunch and...I like that :)

Soozie

christinagw@aol.com
06-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Soozie.....what a hoot your post is! I am not a lesbian....Yet...but let my husband p*ss me off one more time & I certainly could be persuaded!:lol:

2 of my best friends are lesbians, (but no they aren't a couple) in fact the one just bought a house with her partner less than a mile from us, since we basically live in what is considered the boonies around here that is pretty close. I have just finally agreed to start Playing rugby with the them on Sundays after months of the invites. They have told me that I will be the only one heterosexual girl there! I just hope that they don't hurt me! You know now that you mention it, all 3 of my lesbian friends, all have short hair, although the one is skinny as a rail, I guess that she didn't read that part of the manual! :D

Anyway, I didn't mean to butt in on your page, with not meeting all of your requirements, but I couldn't let you sit here & be lonely anymore!

soozie
06-21-2002, 09:48 PM
thanks christina, you're a doll!!!! see you over at alternachicks (or here, you are welcome you know!!!)

katrinabgood
06-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey, soozie!

My hair isn't really short, and my armpits aren't hairy, but I wear very little makeup/nailpolish, prefer flat shoes and tolerate men, including my husband...I AM fat, however...does that make me an honorary lesbian??

Do you have to be one to reply,or will any old fat chick do? Do you think Barnes & Noble carries the manual? I could study.

I'm 44, soon to be 45, (like in 13 days...ulp) mother of 2...DD,16 and DS, 11...have a hubby of 19 years...good Lord, that's a long time...and I want to lose 100 lbs,ultimately, but for now will settle for less than 200...****, I'll settle for less than 250 at this point! (currently 255).

What kind of plan, if any, are you following? I've recently discovered a book, "Fit for Life," that I have been giving a whirl. It deals with "properly" combining foods, (LOTS of fruit and vegs)
to enable the body to process them more efficiently and to derive the most energy from ...been doing this for about a week and a half and have, so far, lost 5lbs...and I'm not starving! I'm becoming a total "nature woman," haven't eaten anything processed or with sugar and have purchased a juicer, which I love.

So there you have it...my story in a nutshell...what's yours?

soozie
06-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey Kat,
Yes, I now dub you an official honorary Lesbian. You should be recieving your information packet with rule book within five business days. :)

Fit for Life sounds interesting. I'm not on a specific plan right now and am looking for some way to structure my eating but I know that dieting per se never works for me. I say that I try to stick with thoughtful, conscious eating. You know, just eating when I'm hungry, making healthy choices without getting into too much restriction or creating catagories of "bad" and "good" foods, just moderation. Kind of a Zen approach to eating :lol:

Exercise also helps me alot when I do it. I set a goal of exercising three times this week. I'll let you know if I make it. Busy week, first week of camp for my daughter and changing my work schedule.

Well, have to get my little girl ready for her tennis lesson. Oy vay...what will they think of next????

Have a good one!!! Soozie

ellis
06-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Okay, WHERE are all the lesbians? I know there are a bunch out there, because I remember seeing a thread called, ummm, I forget... let me see if I can find them. If not, then ****... the rest of us will all just have to "switch over"! heh heh.

Hey Soozie, what are you doing at the gym? And how long are you working out? You know, you can post your food and exercise here if it'll help you. We love to read what other people are eating. :lol: How did the tennis lesson go?

You're right, you've got to lose weight. Your daughter needs you, your partner needs you, and there's nothing more beautiful than a gracefully aging lesbian. (don't tell my husband I said that!)

Kat, Fit for Life? I think I just read that! Well, I SORT of read it. I skimmed through it. Do you like it? I'm sort of doing something similar. I've stopped eating processed stuff (breads and cereals, chips and chocolate) except for today... MAJOR screw-up!
I'm finding that I'm not craving the carbs anymore, which is a BIG relief. I used to eat 12 slices of bread a day. Plus cereal, potatoes, rice, you name it...
19 years?! That's great!!

We've been married for 14 years. Daughter is almost 13 and son is 6. I'm 37 and I do believe I'm starting menopause. :)
I'm about 190 on my doctor's scale and 5'-3". In my teens and early 20's I had a boyish figure... slim hips, no discernible waist, small chest, etc. I jogged every day and thought I was fat!! Ah, youth. Wasted.

Let's see if I can dig up some supportive lesbians...
xoxo
ellis

ellis
06-24-2002, 09:25 PM
hey soozie darling, I found them!!
Okay, go to...
General, then
Support, then
Alternative Group (June 21, 2002)

I don't know how many are gay, but they are....

"... a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us."

xoxo
ellis

soozie
06-24-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Ellis, thanks doll. I went over and posted a message with them . We'll see what happens. Don't be to hard on yourself for your screw up today. Just jump back on the horse...:s: Doesn't that sound a little naughty??? Actually I mean keep with your program.

I think it will help me to write a bit about my food and exercise. Accountability helps. I have a colleague and we voice mail each other every Friday with a check in. We're mainly checking in on exercise. Just setting a weekly goal and calling each Friday with a progress report.

My food hasn't been good though...thanks for your encouragement...I have to start thinking about what I really want to eat and why and just make sure to eat it. Not just grab, stuff it in, and run. Although if I did actually run all day.....;)

Which brings me to what I do at the gym. I do a simple weight circuit that the trainer devised that works all the major muscle sets...the weight machines work on a hydraulic system. Its very smooth and easy to adjust weights. Then I stretch. I always start with a fifteen to twenty minute cardio warmup , usually the treadmill. I try to finish with more cardio to burn fat. At least 20 minutes. I only do weights every other day, maximum of three days per week so if its a no-weights day I'll do 40 minutes or more of cardio, treadmill, eliptical, bike whatever. So I'm usually at the gym about an hour.

When I first started I was going a couple of times a week, then I built up to five days a week, then as I said Dad got sick and I quit going for eight weeks. Now its back to square one.

Again, thanks for trying to rustle up the lezzies for me :lol:
talk to you soon...soozie

soozie
06-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Made it to the gym yesterday...today option is gym or pay my bills, think I'll prioritize bill paying first this time:^: Don't want to pay those nasty late fees. Hopefully will get the the gym as well.
Its way too hot here to do walking outside today...maybe time to break out that Richard Simmons tape......Come out, come out whereever you are......
Soozie :lol:

katrinabgood
06-26-2002, 09:47 PM
Okay, the information packet arrived and I have glanced over the enclosed materials...what's all this stuff about purple Tele tubbies? Am I required to purchase one?

I like your Zen approach to eating...I am following the guidelines of Fit for Life, but I have placed no hard and fast rules on myself...that usually just sets me up to break 'em!
I have been getting to the gym at least 3 times a week, sometimes more, but if I dont get there, I'll walk the dog or do something around here like cutting the grass or gardening. I know it helps to be accountable to someone else...so here we are!

I wanted to post more, but as soon as I sat down, my son decided that he needs me to cure his headache...couldn't be from too much TV or Game Boy, now could it?

I shall return...keep up the good work!

ellis
06-26-2002, 10:56 PM
oh geepers. You girls are doing so well. I'm very pleased with your progress, Kat and Soozie. Do you wanna know what I ate today? Well, I'll tell you anyhow:

-two bowls of Weetabix cereal/skim milk
-two bowls of honey O's cereal/skim milk
-poached fish, mashed potatoes, corn
-bowl of chips
-two bowls of Rolo ice cream
-big bowl of popcorn with butter

I look like I'm nine months pregnant. But I can't be, because I've got my period.
I CAN'T STOP EATING!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

soozie
06-27-2002, 01:28 AM
Ellis honey me too. I'm pms I think, I ate alot of cereal today and three mini bags of chips from the big box o'chips that I bought for my kid's lunches for camp. Yuck ...I feel gross...the worst is when my bras get too tight and I get this extra piece of boob that falls out of the top of the bra...that is so gross...and with all the heat we've been having I hate having these monsterous boobies to stuff into a jumbo bra....:dizzy:

big box o'chips

big ole boobies jumping out of my brassiere

Just had to write those again to emphasize my point.
Well this has already been a busy crazy week and its not over yet.
We're going to the shore this weekend. Hope it will be relaxing. I'll be sure to walk when I'm there.

Be well and Ellis lets try not to snarf down everything in sight tomorrow...you and me girl...we'll be un-snarfers.

Soozie

ellis
06-27-2002, 07:20 AM
You're a bit of a giggle, Soozie. heh heh. I used to want to have big breasts... what a fool! They're not that big now... 36 B or something... but I long for that sweet little chest that I had in my slimmer days! And unfortunately I inherited my father's big rib cage, so they look bigger than then are. :(

You're going to the shore... it sounds lovely. We're going to the cottage this weekend. Leaving tonight. Apart from the fact that I've got my period and that the toilet facilities at the cottage consist of an outhouse, I'm quite looking forward to getting away. We make a stop for groceries on the way, so I'll try to stock up on some healthy snacks. The problem with the cottage is, you start feeling a little sorry for yourself because you're cut off from civilization, and then you snarf down everything in sight.

Is your daughter in school? Kindergarten?

Kat, how are things going? And how do I cure a headache without having to pop 5 Advil? It's a massage thing, isn't it. I need a volunteer.

Back in a few days. Soozie, have a wonderful time at the shore! And Kat, have a great weekend! Keep up with that exercise!

soozie
06-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Ellis have fun at the cottage...sorry about the fridge...
My little girl is starting kindergarten in the fall. I can't believe how big she is. She is in camp tue, wed, and thur for the next six weeks. Tennis was too adorable, did I already tell you that??? The pro teaches adults and you'd have had no idea that he was talking to five years olds...

ie,"there are some parts of the tennis court that I'd like you to become familiar with...this is the baseline...what is it??...the baseline...and this is the service line...what is it???...the service line." He was waiting for the kids to answer him and they all just were staring like..."duh...huh???" So he had to answer his own questions.

He was like the stereotype of a gym teacher from a B Movie. Too cute. My kid loved it. She needs some "man energy" and he is a total dose of testosterone!!

Of course she has pop-pops and uncles but the more the merrier....
See you when I return. Hugs. Soozie

ps Ellis, Seaside is in New Jersey, just North of Long Beach Island, near Island Beach State Park, North of the famous and infamous Atlantic City. Its where the MTV Beach Party is filmed. ..Of course thats not why we go there because last year they wanted me to do a dance segment for the bikini competition but I had a problem because my thong got lost up my big ole b....opps better not go there someone else aready used that joke last week.
:lol:

katrinabgood
06-28-2002, 01:31 PM
Hi soozie and ellis...

Small world we live in....I was just at Island Beach on Monday! AND we had lunch at a bar in Seaside Hts...AND, I have vacationed on LBI many times!! AND lost money in Atlantic City!!! What part of the garden state are you from, my fellow Jersey tomato??

Nothing much to report from this end...I fell totally off the diet wagon yesterday...and if my kids don't drive me to drink (or consume mass quantities first)...I will be attempting to haul my big keester back on board...

see you later, hopefully from a better place than where I am now.

soozie
07-01-2002, 02:55 AM
Hey Kat, I hadn't realized that you're from New Jersey. I had a great weekend but I'm exhausted. gotta go the bed. Will write again tomorrow!!!
Hi Ellis, wrote to you at AChicks.

ellis
07-01-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey Kat and Soozie!

Today is D-day!! I am starting afresh (again). Low fat, high fibre, cutting back on white flour and sugar. And I'd like to say I'm going to exercise today, but it's heading for 33 degrees C, very humid with a smog alert. So screw the exercise for now. Unless I can find something to do in the basement. Aha! I'll clean the basement out!
Oh, and I'm going to put together a cd for myself with a bunch of my daughter's music. Fast and fun stuff. And my plan is to play it while I clean the house (normally a rare occurance). In theory, I'll be prancing around the house, losing weight, and getting clean and tidy.
If only my fridge hadn't broken down this weekend....

New Jersey... you lucky girls!!

Kat, get back on the wagon! Soozie, you too!

have a great day girls...
ellis

katrinabgood
07-01-2002, 12:42 PM
How come I'm a little suspicious of somone who says you're "lucky" to be from New Jersey? Don't get me wrong...I love living here...it's just that usually there's a snide remark about "how many smoke stacks are in your back yard?" (none!) or, "Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried?" (under Giants Stadium?) I think most people associate NJ with what they see on the Turnpike, on the way to Newark Airport, or maybe what they see on 'the Sopranos!'

Anyway...thanks, ellis, for your good wishes...and yes, I am back on the wagon. I had a tooth filled this morning, so I can't chew anything for a while...which helps...but I actually climbed back up on board yesterday, and intend to stay up here til I get the job done!! No major plans here for the fourth of July...how about you guys?

Have a good Monday!;)

soozie
07-02-2002, 12:24 AM
I made my exercise goal of exercising three times last week!!!! Yahoo!!!! (just one day at the gym but two days of walking and weeding the garden) Goal is to do three days this week as well. My eating was pretty in control today. This morning I took our neighbors (neighbours) new paddle boat out for a spin. My daughter rode, I paddled. It was really fun but really hot. I slathered the two of us with sunscreen and packed alot of cold water to drink. DD could just barely reach the pedals but I let her steer a bit. Felt like a girl scout again. Then took DD to tennis lesson, dropped her at the sitter, then off to work. long day, can't wait to hit the pillow...Goodnight Ellis, Goodnight Kat......goodnight all you quiet lurkers...sleep well and eat well tomorrow. Soozie

christinagw@aol.com
07-07-2002, 08:25 PM
HI girls, I have a parenting question & figured that this may be the best place to get help! One of my best friends is a lesbian, while we have gotten together many times with my kids, she has never had her partner with her when we have. Well she just bought a house less than 2 miles from our home, so I know that it will be happening very soon. I have raised our children to be very accepting, and children naturally have an open mind, so I am not concerned at all about that. I am concerned that my 7 year old that just worships her, will ask embarassing questions. Should I try to prepare him, or just wait & see if he even notices? I really don't think that my 5 year old will, she may ask where the daddy is, but I think that a simple answer of they don't have one at their house will sufice for her. My son on the other hand is much more inquisitive. Any suggestions?

soozie
07-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Hi Chris. I have a few ideas about that. I would generally wait for kids to ask questions and then answer their questions honestly and age appropriately. I would ask your friend how she feels about it and if she has nieces or nephews how she discusses things with them. I tell my little girl that there are all different kinds of families. There is a good book called Heather has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman that would be good for a seven year old.

Do your friends have kids?? If they are just two adult women who live together your kids may not ask where the daddy is or may just over time realize that these two women are a family. Oh well, hope that helps. Take care. Soozie

meanbuji
07-08-2002, 02:46 PM
hi guys!!! thought I'd barge in & join you guys...what a fun bunch!!!
glad you're all motivated & ready to go!!! I been going for 3 weeks now...haven't lost much weight but have been exercising like a fool...and I am lazy as **** so if I can do it....I seem to be doing everything right, need to lose a good 50 lb which I was able to gain in just a few months...so I beat you all!! I'm 45, from upstate NY, & I live w/my sweetie & all our kids. fun fun fun!!
I hope I can motivate you guys & I hope you'll keep me on program too...I'm on WW and journaling is fine but figuring those points is a killer for me...so I do tend to improvise...but my splurges are all in fruits & veggies so how bad can I be!!??
hope you all had a great 4th & I hope to keep reading lots more fun stuff...gonna check out that alternachick place too...how much crazier can they be??!!! take care all!!! meg

soozie
07-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Welcome Meg. Thanks for joining us. Kat and Chris and Ellis are honorary lesbians. They are the brave few that have actually responded to my message with the "L" word in it, even tho they're all heteros...or basically hetero... ;)...but, I love them anyway because they ventured in here. Squeak, too, I almost forgot, has said a word or two here.
So, I just returned from a brief visit to the gym, have to go relieve my neighbor now, dumped my daughter on her... :)
have to take over so she can get some free time now.

Soozie.

katrinabgood
07-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Hey all...

Starting over (My theme song!) again...It is simply amazing how hard one must work to shed the same 5 measly pounds that can be put on in a day or two of indulgence! And I'm not talking BINGE here...just not dieting...you know...chips with your 4th of July BBQ hamburger and potato salad...ice cream cake for dessert...all right...maybe a brownie...or two...I'm not talking MEGA portions either, (except for the brownies!) just what I haven't been eating lately. Actually, I don't know that I've gained 5 lbs...I'm just expecting the worst...while praying for the best!

So, I'm back to Fit for Life eating, daily exercise and LOTS of water...a gallon a day, 128 oz...5 refills on my 24 oz water cup+ 1 more cup...clear all paths to the bathroom!

Hi meg, welcome! I love the WW points system...I don't go to meetings anymore. but I still use my Pointsfinder...take it to the supermarket with you...keeps me in check!

Welcome to you too, chris! Good advice from soozie, I thought...I can only add, always be honest with kids...they are going to say embarassing things no matter what the situation! A good sense of humor goes a L*O*N*G way in dealing with that!

Ellis...are you still out there? Do drop in and say "Hello!"

Soozie...paddle boating sounds work disguised as fun! Did you ever rent those bikes in Cape May...the four seaters with the pedals and the fringy top? They look fun too...I thought a half hour rental was not enough time...til we tried it! It's hard work! (disguised as fun!) Yes, I am inherently lazy. I do like gardening and weeding as an exercise session though. I'm alway surprised at how much huffing and puffing and sweating I do out there. I will be going to the gym this evening, gonna give Tai Chi a try...then a good Aquacize class.
I'm trying, I'm trying!

Gotta run...have spent WAY too much time here, playing catch up...I have a few other boards that I post on as well as this fine board. Yes, I'm a fickle one all right...you might say I'm a 3FC gadabout! :o Don't tell.

Have a grand day, all!

ellis
07-08-2002, 04:20 PM
hello darlings!

Welcome Meg! What does "meanbuji" stand for?

Listen girls, I can't talk right now... I'm just going to eat a bag of chips. As usual I started the day out right, but it's 3:pm and I'm feeling a little peckish. I'll start again tomorrow. At least I'm getting some exercise today... I'm moving the furniture around in the guest room. And carrying an amoire upstairs to the second floor. And taking a huge heavy bookcase up to our bedroom on the third floor. I'm exhausted.
And it's really hot again today. I need some chips. Sodium deficiency I think.

I'll be back later....
xo ellis

christinagw@aol.com
07-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I guess that we will find out the answer to my question very soon! Zach & I are going to their house & then we are all going kayaking for a short bit. I guess that I will just let him go & see what embarrassing questions he asks. I don't mind him asking anything at all, & I really don't think Lee will either, she is great with him. I just don't want him to say anything that would hurt her partner. I don't know her well enough to know what to expect there. Oh well, I guess that we will find out soon enough. Hopefully I have raised him well enough to remember to not say anything that he thinks may hurt someone else!

Done well so far today! These last 15 pounds though are the hardest yet! Hopefully the activity tonight will kick start the loss for this week!

meanbuji
07-08-2002, 06:16 PM
hi all!!!
hey soozie, honorary lesbian, that's cool!! glad you made it to the gym...feeling better now aincha???!!! yeah!!!!

katrina, that water's a killer, isn't it?? I keep getting the hiccups now, & those really painful ones way down deep in the chest!!!

ellis, are we too late to stop you from eating those chips??????? how about some popcorn instead...or pretzels even???!!!! Buji was the name of my dear departed cat..he looked like Morris, weighed about 200 lbs, was ornery as **** & had 6 toes on each foot. but I loved him. the name stands for "me and buji" cause we were bestest buddies, but it shortened it...oh & cause I'm mean too!! LOL!!!

did I mention I can't stand kids??? no, really. but anyway. Like Art Linkletter always said "kids say the darndest things!!" but you gotta love their innocence....then they get older but so must we. Be good all!!!!

soozie
07-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Hi ladies. busy, busy so I'll do a quickie...don't start getting ideas Ellis you perv....I meant a quick message:p
I'm still doing pretty well with my food...haven't been to the gym yet this week...last two days were really busy...today I only have two clients in the morning and then the day is mine.

Well, I'll have my partner and daughter so I should say the day will be ours!!
This afternoon we go to pick out our new kitchen sink and faucet...then all the picking will be finished...meanwhile, we've packed up a lot of the stuff that we don't use everyday...loaded up on paper plates...and I called the guy yesterday to say, you are starting on the 15th right??? He said, I'll let you know....uh,oh,here we go...

ah, the contractor...always a free spirit...with a personal internal clock and calendar all his/her own...never to be held by the confines of the mundane, of the expected...devising a personal math...one week becomes two, becomes three, becomes four...

Talk to you soon girlies...be well. Soozie

katrinabgood
07-10-2002, 01:07 PM
Redoing the kitchen, sooz? Poor baby...I mean...how nice! My one piece of advice...keep your eye on the prize...eventually you'll get it...don't fret about washing dishes in the bathtub for a month...because someone gutted your kitchen, BEFORE he made sure that he had the permits, (Which he didn't, which took a month to obtain, even though they had been applied for two months earlier by the original contractor, who, unfortunately died at an early age of a heart attack,unbeknownst to the family awaitng the new kitchen, cuz it happened while they were on vacation) ...oops...sorry...I digress...what I meant to say was...GOOD LUCK!

ellis
07-11-2002, 09:52 AM
good morning darlings

Meanbuji, how many kids do you have? You don't like kids either, huh? I hear ya! I LOVE my own, but I prefer to keep my distance from other people's children. And actually; I must admit, there are very few adults that I like. ;)
Buji must have been a sweetie. And a real character by the sounds of it. :) I love that you use his name.

Soozie, you're seeing your friend today! I hope you have fun!
How dare you call me a perv. :lol: You know who's a real perv? Ruth. That "sweet, white-haired grandmother". She's probably reading this right now, aren't you Ruth? :lol: She expects us to respect her, but you're too much of a hellion to demand any respect from US, Ruth sweetie!
You're smart to do the paper plate thing. Good luck with the contractor. Ours reroofed our rear attic room this spring. He still has to come back to replace some fascia boards. We keep seeing him driving by on his bike, and when he sees us he just waves and peddles faster. :rolleyes: What is WRONG with them!? Are they so independantly wealthy that they don't need to work?

Kat and Chris, what's new? How are you?

We're going to visit my sister-in-law in a couple of weeks. My GAY sister-in-law. ;) She is such a hoot. The kids can't wait to see her. They've been dancing around the house for days in anticipation.
Oh, and my GAY good friend is coming for dinner tonight. (just wanted to remind you that you're not the only homo around here, Sooz, heh heh. I know how lonely it is for you around here.) My DH doesn't mind me seeing my friend, but my friend thinks my husband is hot, so I have to keep my eye on him. (I'm joking! Sort of :lol: )
Oh my gosh... just got a thank you card from DH's nephew. He got married last summer. I guess he figured his first wedding anniversary was coming up and he'd better get those thank you notes out. :rolleyes:
Okay, it's finally payday. I'm flush with laundry detergent, so I'd better get down and wash some of the massive build-up on the basement floor. And toilet roll! What a treat!! We've been using paper towel for three days.
And our spare fridge is stocked with food. DH is going to take a look at our fridge. I found a couple of good sites for repairing them, so hopefully it's nothing major. I really do like my fridge (even if it IS harvest gold, Chris!)

gotta run (aren't you glad?)
Have a great day girls!!
xoxo ellis

soozie
07-14-2002, 10:18 AM
hey there ladies. Still no exercise this week unless you count packing up the entire kitchen. My partner has lived here since 1976...that's alot of accumulated junk...
We still have a bit more to do today and then we'll be ready on Monday.
I still can't really believe that we're going to have a new kitchen and that all those nice things that we picked out are going to be in our house...including a dishwasher and garbage disposal !
Ellis, congrats on the new fridge.
Been doing well with my eating, its raining here so probably no paddle boating, gotta get my rear to the gym this week...
Kat, did that stuff actually happen to you, sounded like a true story...
Love, Soozie

ellis
07-14-2002, 10:47 AM
You know what else is exciting, Soozie? When you get to put all of your "old" stuff back in the kitchen. The decorative stuff. It has a whole new look in it's new setting.
A garbage disposal!? You lucky girls!
When we went out and bought our new fridge yesterday, naturally I looked at all the other appliances. We bought a gorgeous black fridge with stainless steel doors. The freezer is in a pull-out drawer at the bottom. I'm so excited!! We get it in about 3 weeks. Anyhow, we also looked at the other stuff... "Wouldn't it be nice to have a matching stainless steel stove, microwave, dishwasher, range hood....?" Ah, well. Start small... one thing at a time. The fridge is NOT in our budget, but I figure if we're going to make such a big purchase, we may as well get something we REALLY like, even if it does cost hundreds more.

I hope things go smoothly tomorrow, Soozie... let us know how it's going.
Everyone else....where are you? :wave:

katrinabgood
07-14-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey gals...

That stuff really did happen, sooz...Oh the stories I could tell...but...after all was said and done...we ended up with a beautiful new kitchen that I LOVE, so, in HINDSIGHT, it was worth it! (kind of) well...not the guy dying, of course...that was freaky enough...but then the kitchen was gutted on Sept 10. We all know what happened Sept 11...we sat glued to the TV while they continued to demolish our kitchen...wierd juxtaposition of events.

Must get back on track eating today...fell HARD off the wagon these past few days...this is me, picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting again. I'll get this right, eventually.

Have a good day, my friends...

soozie
07-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Hey all you girlies out there!! Sorry I haven't posted in here for awhile. I've been busy eating donuts...oops, I meant to say I've been busy with the kitchen remodel...but, I did buy the guys donuts twice this week and I did eat four donuts myself this week...and Burger King fries for dinner tonight...

I haven't been to the gym at all and haven't even had time to go out for a paddle boat ride on the lake. Tomorrow is my weigh-in. We shall see where the donuts have landed! :lol:

I just can't believe there's not one big 'ole lesbian out there who wants to write to us on this message board...where are you fat lesbians...have you segregated yourselves...is there a website somewhere called threefatlesbians ???

Good night all. Have a great weekend.

Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
07-20-2002, 03:23 PM
hey soozie-chick...

Where have all the lezzies gone? Come on gals...Lez-be-friends!
Hope all is going well with the remodeling, sooz...although it must be or you wouldn't be rewarding them with Dunkin Donuts, now would ya? Or is that just a cover up, so you can get them into the house? "Yeah...they're for the...uh...construction guys...that's the ticket!"

So how was weigh in? I have been totally off the charts with eating...I'll blame PMS, but I think I'm really just a :ink: I have lost all motivation, can't seem to get it back. I will, I know, but in the meantime...I'm floundering...glub glub...

What do you suppose ellis is up to? No good, I'm sure...how about meanbuji and christina...maybe they are out scouting for lesbians too. Gee, there's plenty where I work...

Gotta run...I'm packing for a 3 day visit to sister's beach house...can't wait to grab my book, plop my big butt in a beach chair, soak up some sun and chill....

back Tuesday night...see you then...

soozie
07-20-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey Kat, Ellis went away for the weekend...she mentioned it in alternachicks...I don't know where the other gals are...as you said...maybe lesbian hunting... :p

Hope you have a good time at your sister's...know what you mean about eating like crazy...I did lousy today...donuts and chocolate candy...my weighin wasn't too horrible. I had gone up during the week cause I did jump on mid-week even though I'm trying to do just one weighin per week. So, I was down from where I was midweek but up from last Saturday. I was up one pound.

Can't wait to get back into a schedule that includes the gym. I know that exercise will make a difference. You're so right about the donuts...I've eaten more than they have...well that is a bit of an exaggeration...but, next week I'm only buying a few so there won't be any leftovers and none for me!!!!!!

I did find some lesbians...well, one lesbian, she was over on Rosie O'Donnell's website in the Chub Club...wouldn't you know it.

well, gotta go...we're sanding two of the walls in our kitchen, they're knotty pine and we're keeping them instead of drywalling everything. So, gotta sand and stain before the guys get back on Monday.

take care and eat as if your life depended on it...cause it does...:)
Love, Soozie

ellis
07-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Kat darling, I was NOT hunting for lesbians! I love my lesbian friends, but it's purely platonic, I ASSURE YOU!! :lol:
Have fun at your sister's beach house!! It sounds divine. oh... you're back tonight! Hope you had fun!! :)
I'm floundering too, Kat. I just can't get it together. I'm going to start again today. The weather has cooled off, and my DH is freaking out because he's bordering on 200 pounds (he's 5'-8"). It's all on his stomach (and no, it's NOT beer. thank god).
Okay girls... I weighed in at 187 this morning. (197 on my doctor's scale, but we won't worry about THAT!)
We must lose weight!!! Come on... let's do it!!

Soozie, get your hand off those donuts. (Hey, what's that chocolate candy that you're eating? My mom used to make something that we called chocolate candy... it was a Mennonite recipe involving cocoa, icing sugar, corn starch and butter.)

My psychologist has told me that I must join a gym. I'm going to join in September when the kids are back in school. I'm a little apprehensive about it, but it's good to be TOLD by your doctor that you MUST do something!

Okay girls... are you ready to lose? If so, weigh in and let's do it!! I'm sick of being FAT!!
xo ellis

soozie
07-23-2002, 04:25 PM
I'm with you Ellis. I'll get weighed first thing tomorrow morning and give you guys the low down or high up whatever. Gotta go back to work now. Just ate nice light lunch and then wolfed down TWO donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! ttyl Soozie

ellis
07-23-2002, 05:06 PM
yeah, okay... I just ate a small bag of chips. Weigh in tomorrow morning? Are you with us, Kat?

soozie
07-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Weighed 190 this morning ..Goal is to loose 50lbs by this time next year...short term goal is 11lbs by September 15th. What do you think girls. Gotta go drink alot of water and put my kid to bed.
Love, Soozie

ellis
07-24-2002, 10:53 PM
Okay, I weighed 188 this morning. And I just did 20 minutes of Tai Bo as reported on Alternachicks, and you're SUPPOSED to be congratulating me!!
Of course you can lose 11 pounds by september 15th. So can I. Let's do it, girl!!
xo
ps... get over there and congratulate me, wouldja?!

katrinabgood
07-25-2002, 01:47 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!
CONGRATULATIONS DEAR ELLIS...
I'D GIVE MY LEFT ARM TO WEIGH THAT!

I guess I know who the BIG one of this group is! Last weigh in (at work on the wheelchair scale) I weighed in at a whopping 258. That was before I went away...:rolleyes: I'd like to think that I didn't do TOO badly, foodwise...or alcohol-wise, come to think of it. Perhaps some sensible habits are beginning to form...

Of course we can lose 11 lbs by 9/15...any particular reason for the number (11?) or the date? Just being curious (Nosy)

I am ready to start some clean and pure livin' once again...my body is SCREAMING for fruit and exercise. Thursday is the day. OK?

See you then...

katrinabgood
07-25-2002, 01:51 AM
Sincere congratulations to you, ellis!

soozie
07-25-2002, 05:55 AM
Hey Kat and Ellis first things first...

Ellis, you go girl...Tae Bo...no friggin way...that's an intense workout...you are THE WOMAN!!! Go Ellis, go Ellis, go Ellis, go Ellis
:cp: :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :cb: :cp: :cb:

I bought the Tae Bo tapes years ago...tried them once and then gave them to a skinny friend of mine at work. That really is an intense workout. How sweet of your husband to encourage you and do it with you. What a doll he is.

And Kat, how much do you think your left arm weighs because maybe...oh no, Soozie, that is so very sick...

Kat, I came up with the number 11 because I'm at 190 and I want to break into the 70's. So 11 pounds will bring me to 179. Out of the eighties and into a new realm...the 70's. I was trying to come up with a reasonable short term goal. It will be fun if we try to do it together. Just think 11lbs would bring you to 247...not bad... a better number isn't it...do you know that I had to use pencil and paper to figure that out ?!?!

Kat, funny you should mention wheelchairs. I just finished emailing my friend who had a spinal cord injury about 25 years ago. The guys that are doing our kitchen are making a small ramp for me because I had built a ramp myself...being the renaissance woman that I am...that goes up to our back deck, which was fine, but now my friend is using an electric wheelchair and we have a little step up at the back door. That was no problem with a manual chair but it is impossible for the electric...so, I'll stop rambling on now, but it was really sweet of the guys because when I asked them if they could make it they said no problem and that they didn't want to charge me for it....must be the donuts that I've been buying for them. :lol:

So, girls...we have our agenda...11lbs...by September 15th...yahoo!!!
My partner and I celebrate our 15th anniversary on, of all dates, September 11th. (my cat just stepped on the keyboard and managed to bring up the internet explorer help box!!)

I'm excited about trying to do this. Thanks for the encouragement.
Here we go girls... Love, Soozie.

soozie
07-25-2002, 06:10 AM
ps. the chocolate candy was lindt truffles. I've bought them before individually but our friends bought us a whole bag of them, in six flavors, its okay because I already ate all of the ones that I like...the dark chocolate and white chocolate will last a long time now because I don't like those...I ate all of the milk chocolate, hazelnut, and peanut butter...should I not be posting this...I don't want to be a bad influence...however, I had a lovely salad with tuna fish and really yummy tangy yellow peppers from trader joe's today for lunch. I put the peppers on instead of salad dressing. They are roasted and marinated. Do you guys have a Trader Joe's nearby...I don't know if they have them in Canada. I know we have em in South Jersey don't know about up North. Trader Joe's is like a discount gourmet grocery store. We love it there...on to the 11lb goal...love, Soozie

ellis
07-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Thank you darlings, thank you... (too bad I had to BEG for congratulatory messages :lol: )

Okay girls... it's D-DAY!!
Kat, I'd like to reassure you and say that weight is all relative, but I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's like one of my girlfriends who's been model skinny all her life and has just had her first baby at the age of 39 saying to me, "I really have to lose this 10 pounds." aaaaaaaargh!! If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure that on the doctor's scale I weight 10 pounds more, but I'm not going to fret about it.
Listen, just remember, sweetie... the heavier you are, the faster it comes off. Initially. So you'll be catching up to us in no time, girl!! And probably passing us!!

I WISH we had a Trader Joe's here, Soozie!! Because Trader Joe refuses to sell genetically modified food! Could you ship me up some unmodified food, please?

Soozie, that is so lovely that you'd have a ramp put in for your friend. I studied architecture for a few years (before dropping out), and I did an individual project on accessibility. It drives me crazy to go into an inaccessible building!! And almost all of them are! Even the National Art Gallery here in Ottawa... the doors between the exhibit rooms must weigh about 300 pounds. They're stiff as ****, and there are NO automatic opener buttons! So if you're in a wheelchair, you need to wait for someone to come and open it for you!! And if you're an old man with a weak heart, you have a heart-attack trying to get the doors open. Don't get me started...
And how sweet of the boys to offer to build the ramp for nothing.

Oh. Sept 11th is your anniversary, huh? Makes it rather difficult to celebrate, doesn't it. But 15 years is GREAT!!

"...its okay because I already ate all of the ones that I like..." :lol:
Nice, Soozie... sounds like me.

Okay girls... here we go!! I'm going to do another round of Tai Bo today. And maybe some squats.
If either of you fall off the band-wagon, I'm going to get nasty. So LET'S DO IT!!
xo ellis

katrinabgood
07-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Okay...I'm pumped, I'm ready...I'm sipping my green tea and my cranberry water (cranberry juice concentrate, unsweetened and diluted with lots of water) to flush all the yuckies out of my system...

I have the Tae Bo tapes, used to use them quite a bit, may have to resurrect old Billy Blanks and see if I can still kick his ***! (beleive it or not, I was heavier than I am now when I was using them on a regular basis!)

I love Trader Joes! My brother in law send us stuff from California bought at Trader Joes...I just looked up their website, the closest one to me is probably in Westfield, there are only 4 of them in Jersey....although, I may just have to take a road trip down to that one in south jersey and look around for a Billy Blanks hatin' lesbian mom of a 5 yr old, looking to lose the baby fat! Think if I just ask to have you paged, they'll do it?

"Irv, clean up in aisle 12...oh yeah...and would soozie the lesbian please report to customer service? There's someone here to meet you!"

Sept 11 anniversaries have been forever altered...how sad...but 15 years is wonderful, congrats. My hubby and I will celebrate 19 years of marriage 7/30. :love:

Lots to do today, gotta run...have a good one, chickies...

ellis
07-25-2002, 01:23 PM
:cb:

Go Kat!!

Go Soozie!!

Go Ellis!!

hey kat... that cranberry is a great idea. I've just sent hubby to the store to pick me up some. Hmmm, I suppose I should have walked there MYSELF!
And green tea... I'll get out my green tea that I keep forgetting to drink!

Any other good ideas, girls?

Oh, I just met at my sister's house with my mom and a friend. Our friend is moving to Guelf (how the **** do you spell Guelf?), and we had a little goodbye get together. I am proud to say that I only ate a half inch sliver of the carrot cake. My sister's partner was cutting us all huge slabs about 4 inches thick, so I cut my own.

Hey, this is not a plug, but do you girls subscribe to
http://www.care2.com/
?
There's a bunch of advertising, but also a lot of good environmentally friendly stuff like home made recipes for body products, etc.
Wait... this is a better link... it's to "Annie's" stuff

http://www.care2.com/channels/more_annie.html

christinagw@aol.com
07-25-2002, 09:14 PM
HI ladies, I haven't been in here to stop by in awhile! Humilated that I gained while we were away...proud to say it is off & then some already though! Plus I donate blood tomorrow, so that will be another 2 pounds! Course then I will lose nothing for a week, but it feels good to have that drop at once! Still haven't figured out how it works that way yet, but it does. If only they would let me give everyday I would be thin by August!:lol:

Been busy at work too, I hate when I actually have to work 8 hours a day, no time to check in with everyone & email my friends!:mad:

Kids are in trouble & sent to their rooms, Dh is out for the night, guess I have no choice but to go pilates. I thought that I would just be lazy tonight, but I am bored of that already. Maybe that is a good sign. In my "larger days" I would have been happy to sit on the couch with Ben & Jerry (icecream, not 2 men):T for the whole night!

All the worrying about my son saying something to embarrass me when he realized my friends were a lesbian couple was for nothing! We stopped by on the way home, & my friends little brother was visiting. He is only 8, so Zach had a friend from the second we walked in the door. After awhile we hear them outside talking, Andrew is explaining that his sister & Kim are "Partners" and that it means they can't get married, but are like his Mom & Dad except that they ar both girls. Alli giggles, the 5 year old, & asks if they kiss. Andy says yes, & giggles too. I am clenching the counter scared to death what will come next! Zach goes "Ohh...Gross, I never want to kiss girls!, but if they are both girls, who mows the grass" Releived to hear Kim laugh, her & I walk away for her to tell her Mom. On the way home, Zach asked me if I knew what a lebsian (his pronunciation, not a mispel) is? I say yes, he just says, "Oh I didn't know if you did since you never told me, I guess it is like Uncle Mike being Jewish, it just isn't nice to point out, because some people are too dumb to know it doesn't matter" At that moent I knew I was doing my job as a parent if my 7 year old was smart enough to realize this! DH & I are going out with my girlfriend and a bunch of her friends & partners tomorrow night. He just laughed & said "figures I finally get a whole table of 9 girls in a bar without a man in site, and I still have not a one interested in me!" They have promised to include him with my honorairy lesbianship! He has drawn the line though & refuses to play Rugby with us. Says that he can't take the humiliation of all those girls kicking his butt all over the field! :lol:

Ok I guess that I will go at least do a load of laundry! Have a good night ladies!

soozie
07-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Hi girls. Did well with my eating today. Yahoo.
Like the cranberry idea. Have to try it. Sounds very detoxifying!!!
Also, Kat, you are a scream...I loved how you plan to find me at Trader Joe's though I must confess we shop there often!! I love their stuff and their prices and yes, Ellis, no GMOs so we don't have to worry about waking up one morning with an extra toe or something. :smug:

We love Annie's Goddess Salad dressing. It is not a lo-cal dressing but it has lots of healthy stuff in it and it tastes so amazingly good it makes salads a major treat. You just have to use it in moderation. Everywhere else it sells for over three bucks a bottle but at TJs its only 1.99. What a bargain, who can resist?

Ellis where is Guelf?? Never heard of it. Good job with the cake. Glad you didn't let her slice for you!! (nice, you can relate to the, I already ate the ones I like bit :lol: )

My kitchen is nearly finished. Can you believe it? These guys are so intense. The sink, oven, garbage disposal, and microwave are all functional!!!!
We're just waiting on one cabinet that was not the right size, had to be reordered, some of the trim, and a second and/or third coat of paint on the ceiling. Also, the electrician has to come out the fix that wire that almost zapped my partner!!

On Monday they'll start repairing the framing of the front of the house...the original log cabin part of the house. I think I posted here about that .

Love, Soozie

ellis
07-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Soozie, that's really cute how you assumed that my sister's partner was a woman. :lol: No, she's got a man. It's my hubby's sister who's a lesbian.

Oh... Guelph. Ontario. 40 minutes outside of Toronto.

What!?!? You have part of an old log cabin as your house?!? That's so cool!!
Hey, I can't believe how fast your kitchen is being completed! Listen darling, we want to see a picture when it's all finished.

Hey, good job with your eating, Sooze!!! How about you, Kat? How did you do? I did quite well. Aaaaaaaand, I just did 20 minutes of Tai Bo again with my husband. la di da. :cb:
I just love that little banana. He's so.... so.... phallic.

Oh, listen... did I tell you we bought 3 posters and had them mounted for the dining room? You know those old prints from the 1920's of The Tour de France? Black and white prints. Anyhow, we ordered 3, and I hung them in the dining room and they looked like ****!! Our living and dining rooms are painted this really cool shade of green, and we've got some green furniture and some red furniture plus a bunch of red accents. (a mix of antiques and contemporary... a red buffet from the 50's, an old oak hoosier cabinet, some cool upholstered/maple chairs from the 40's, a trunk on wheels for a coffee table, etc) And hardwood floors. No carpets. I hate carpets. Anyhow, to cut it short (too late, you say?), I've just painted the wall behind the prints red. I think it looks good. I'm just waiting for it to dry so I can hang them back up.
I hate that... you purchase ONE new item, and you end up having to completely revamp the house.

Going to Upper Canada Village tomorrow. It's one of those old "villages" that is thrown together for the satisfaction of tourists who care to know how the original settlers of Canada lived. You know... pumping water, making decorative brooches out of hair, churning butter, freezing your butt off in the dead of winter while using the loo...
I don't know about you girls, but I am VERY grateful to those settlers. Personally, I would have slit my throat within a week of landing.

I'm going to have some popcorn. I think I deserve a little. I could be wrong, though.
Do good tomorrow, girls... love ya!

ps... soozie... thank you for the affirmation of my good intentions. I needed to know. Your horiscope for today is, "Beware of right-wing axe murders."

christinagw@aol.com
07-26-2002, 05:30 AM
Good morning Ladies, what I am doing up at this ungodly hour of 4 AM is beyond me! You would think that I would be doing something more productive than sitting here at the computer if I am going to be up too! OH well I have to be quiet, only thing worse than beng up this early & having everyone else up this early!

Soozie, how old is your log home. My husband & I built our log home 11 years ago. I love the character of it & that is different than everything else...but the upkeep can be horrendous! And I too have been known to eat those last 10 oreos just so they aren't there tomorrow to temp me!

Ellis, Dh has often suggested going to Upper Canada when we are at the cottage for a week, just have't made it yet. Maybe someday!

WEll if I am up I might as well go do pilates! Have a good day!

ellis
07-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Hey girls... how's the plan going? I've done Tai Bo for 3 days running, now. I'm very proud of myself.
DH want to visit his mom today. Okay, he doesn't WANT to, but duty calls. I wonder if I have to go, too? I've got my period. Pretty damned good excuse if you ask me.
Upper Canada Village was fun. But expensive. 55 bucks for us to get in, 33 bucks for lunch, and 33 bucks blown in the gift shop. curses. Ah well.. the kids had a riot.
later darlings...

soozie
07-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey Girls, Guess what Ellis I have my period too!!! (insert theme song from twilight zone) Anyway, I was cleaning the new cabinets out all morning and just got the urge for chocolate so I came upstairs to check in instead of chowing down. I'm sure the craving will pass...

I haven't exercised even though I had the best of intentions. Well, let me rephrase that...I have been climbing up and down on the step ladder, wiping out cabinets, cleaning the windows, scrubbing, carrying boxes of dishes, loading and unloading the new dishwasher, so I'm not just sitting on my padded little fanny.

So, I don't feel guilty, though it ain't tai bo...speaking of which, go Ellis you tai bo diva you.

Kat are you hanging in there?? Hope so.
Gotta go, the telephone is ringing and I forgot to bring the portable up here with me...talk again later.

Love, Soozie.

ellis
07-28-2002, 09:51 AM
"do do do do. do do do do."
It's PERIOD time, men!! Look out! We are bonding!!

I would say that all that work DEFINITELY constitutes exercise, Soozie! yay Soozie!!!

Didn't do Tai Bo yesterday. Yucky period. My sweet DH didn't even SUGGEST I go to his mother's house with him and the kids. So I had a lovely quiet time to myself.

Listen, if you eat a huge chunk of feta cheese in bed just before you fall asleep, could that make you gain 2 pounds? It's very salty. I ate quite a bit. I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself frequently, but I'd lost 3 pounds until I weighed this morning... gained back 2. It's gotta be the feta, right? Tell me it's the feta... please.

I just don't understand. I've had a lovely bowl of mouse poison down for about 2 weeks now, and STILL I can hear that darned mouse rustling about in my kitchen. He hasn't even TOUCHED the poison!! Maybe I should stir a few Cheerios into it.

Kat, how are you doing? Where are you? My daughter drank my cranberry juice. Curses. I need my own fridge. Speaking of fridges, did I tell you that mine is coming on Tuesday? I'm just so nervous about it fitting through the doorways.

later darlings...
xo

katrinabgood
07-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey!! I have my period too!!! Well, it's just finishing, but I think that counts!

Well...I'm home, for a few weeks...three to be exact, then we're off to Maine...this past week was nice, but it wasn't MY vacation...just me and my son horning in on my sister's family vacation! It was kind of a waste, going back down...we never did get back to the beach, the weather just did not want to cooperate...that is, til it was time to leave Saturday afternoon. About 1/2 hr before we left, the sun came out in all it's glory...warm and wonderful, after a dreary, drizzly day. And so, off into the sunset I drove...heading to Philly to pick up my daughter...I was travelling from a different point than I usually do, so I really had to pay attention to the roads (not just throw it into cruise control like usual) I couldn't see a blessed sign, because of the sun in my eyes...I told my son he had to be my navigator, could he please put the *@%# Gameboy down for 5 minutes and read the road signs for me??? (nice Mom) I was pretty well stressed when we got there...but calming down...We loaded up my daughter and were heading out of the city when she asked if we could "stop for just a sec so she could return some videos for a friend?" Stop?? Where the **** do you stop in the city?? There's no parking anywhere... I pull over into a no parking zone, thinking she only had to run around the corner, I should be okay for a few minutes...of course I was told to move it by a kindly officer of the law...Thinking I could just drive around the block and come back again, I left...and enountered enough one way streets til I had no idea which way to get back to the one I left her on...I knew the general direction I wanted to get to, but did not know the name of the street that she was on. Panic started to set in...I am NOT a good city driver...I drove around a few times til I thought, AHA!! I'll call her cell phone!!!...I managed to dial her number....and heard the jingle in the back seat of my car...*^&$^%#^()*&&%#@#%$^&*@$&*#...Smart child that she is, she called my husband (at work) from a pay phone and told him what the deal was...he called ME to tell me her location...but I could not get to that point directly and drove around and around a million one way streets, trying to figure out how to get there (later she told me how she saw me drive by a few times)...I was cursing, crying, praying...my poor son was saying, "Mom, you are really scaring me!" Yeah well I was scaring myself! Not to mention that my gas was running quite low...Finally, she called dh back, told him to tell me to just STOP anywhere, let her know the location and she would come to me...I stopped right on Broad St, in the heart of the city, and waited...DARING a cop to tell me to move...{{"Go ahead, make my day!"}} She finally got in the car...about 45 minutes after I first dropped her off...I didn't know whether to kill her or kiss her...and guess what??? I have to bring her back tonight, THEN work tonight at 11:00 after 10 days off.... :p

When we finally stopped for gas...OUT of the city...we also stopped at Mickey D's...one quarter pounder with cheese AND fries later...I'm starting again today...Yesterday started out promising, fresh fruit and a bran muffin for bkfst...but we went to Red Lobster for dinner...I had shrimp scampi and those wonderful biscuits (3) which sent me directly to dieter's jail, without passing "GO" or collecting $200!

Well, I'm going to get some housework done, haven't done that all week.

I'm glad the house is coming along so quickly, soozie...must be donut power! It sounds like you're getting plenty of exercise!

ellis, that must have been one helluva chunk of feta cheese! Try weighing again today...you probably are retaining water from your period...get more cranberry juice to flush it all out!!

christina, does a pint of blood really weigh that much?? I guess I'll have to donate a bit more frequently!!

Gotta run girlfriends...keep up the good work! See you tomorrow!

christinagw@aol.com
07-28-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi ladies, just shecking in for a sec, waiting until DH SCREAMS at me to get in the car! We are going to the evil inlaws for the day, don't want to get there an earlier than I have to, so I am hiding hoping he thinks I am still getting dressed!

I was told that the blood does weigh over a pound & that you burn more than normal calories as your body works to replenish itself. I would donate daily if they would let me!

Oh jeez, I just got the 5 minute warning, I better go! See you later, I will asking for bail money if any of them tick me off & I have to kill them! Course no jury in the world would convict me once they heard my testimony on how bad they are!

soozie
07-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Gotta get ready for the shore. My dd was so cute, saying she really wanted me to come along and that it would be so much fun...I'll clean when we get home!

Ellis, don't worry about the fridge. They can take the doors off to get it through small doorways...speaking from personal experience. That makes it much thinner. And about that mouse, why don't you offer him the feta cheese. That would solve two problems at once. :lol: I think the salt and your period can really blow you up. I'm with Kat lots of water and just for good measure drink a few of Kats cranberry flush outs.

Kat, I can't believe that you are also with us on the hormonal journey. Too bizarre. So, we're all at a good place for beginning our goal. Flush out all of those toxins and eat well and move those bodies.

Chris, please don't kill your in-laws. Murder is just such a tacky affair and produces alot of bad karma. Plus I heard that prison food is very starchy, you would hate it. Just turn the other cheek and kill them with kindness. Put out lots of good loving energy and try to see them as the flawed human beings that they are, they are just like the rest of us,don't allow them to have too much power. Try not to let them influence your mood or how you feel about yourself. Ground yourself in what is important to you, picture a shield around yourself when you are with them and let their judgements and their nasty comments belong to them...don't take them in. I know it is easier said than done. But, just try and keep putting out positive energy and you won't be brought down by their stuff. (sorry, sometimes the therapist in me justs jumps to the surface...down girl, down, down)

I'll talk to you when I get back on Tuesday.

Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
07-28-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm SO glad mine are 3000 miles away...my husband is jealous...he wishes HIS in laws were that far away too! So do I sometimes...

ellis
07-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Kat, you're killing me, heh heh. That's hilarious!! I'm sorry...I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I can totally relate to it. I would have been alternately crying/screaming/pulling out my hair in frustration.
I like your response to my cheese thingy... "try weighing again today." A woman after my own heart... weight once a day. :)

Soozie, you're going to the shore, huh? Have fun! (I'd rather stay home, too.)

I dunno, Chris... there's a woman in Canada (retired grandmother... I think about 65 years old) who tied herself to a tree (Kumquat Sound) and was put into prison for a year. She said it was a wonderfully peaceful experience. No one bothered her, and she just read books all year. Sounds pretty damned good to me. But maybe you shouldn't kill them. Just ummm, I don't know. I completely agree with Soozie. But I sure wouldn't mind going to jail for a year!

I'm running out of tampons. Anyone got any extras?
xo

jersey girl 311
07-29-2002, 11:08 AM
Hello, I hope you don't mind having a lurker around!!! I was just reading Katrinabgood's post about Philly. I hate driving to that city. I avoid it at all cost. My fiance is always wanting to go there and I told him the other day he can go when he gets his liscense back!!! As for the In Laws, well mine aren't officially In Laws yet, but his mother drives me crazy. She would love to turn me into her. I recently moved here from Iowa so I have none of my family around me. I think that woman thinks she can change me cause of that. Well, anyway I hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.
Heather

mauvaisroux
07-29-2002, 08:57 PM
Doo doo doo doo...doo doo doo doo (Twilight Zone again)

Just lurking around the New:D Forum, and read your posts...
Guess what? at this very moment I am PMSing and jonesing for a giant bag of super salty pretzels, tomorrow is the big bad day:(
How weird is it that all of us are in the same boat in the same week?

BTW Ellis, Feta cheese is very salty so it could have given you a 1 to 2 lb bloat.

...also, thank goodness my parent's don't interfere in our lives-they live in the apartment right under mine and DH's:lol: although we did by a carpet for under they bed about a week after they moved in;)

dentrassi
07-29-2002, 11:35 PM
WOW!! I knew that Ellis and I were on the same schedule, but Soozie and Mauvairoux too??? Judy Chicago once did a menstrual bathroom, sounds like we could do our own, and much more graphically too!!!!

dentrassi
07-29-2002, 11:38 PM
P. S. (periodically soaked) I don't usually use tampons, but I bought 'em for my trip, and I have TONS left over Ellis!! Just come and get 'em!!

ellis
07-30-2002, 10:16 AM
ah, everyone is pmsing. Empowering, disgusting, call it what you will... it's weird!! Thanks for the feta support, Mauvais. :lol:

Were we supposed to weigh yesterday, Soozie? I've lost a pound. And I know it's a real pound, because I've been weighing every day, and it's remained constant. Don't tell me not to weigh every day. I just HAVE to!!

Hey Den! How the **** are you? Just ruined another pair of underwear. And a pair of shorts. You don't usually use tampons? I didn't used to, either, but I can't stand that trickling feeling any more.

Gotta get my kitchen ready for the new fridge.
later darlings... xoxo

dentrassi
07-30-2002, 03:56 PM
HI!!
Ellis-YUP!! A pair of undies and a pair of Jeans here!!!

mauvaisroux
07-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Hola chiquitas!

I just read in a magazine that bloat caused by salty foods could cause a 3 to 6 lb weight gain :fr: so I guess eating Feta cheese or yummy salty pretzels while Pmsing is not a great idea:lol:

I am assuming this goes away if you stop eating the salty food!

ellis
07-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Kat, darling
Happy Anniversary!!!!
We want to know what you ate. Go ahead, tease us...

3 to 6 pounds, Mauvais!?!?! scream!!!
Good grief!! THANK YOU! :dizzy:

Den... :lol:

Hey girls... my fridge is here! You can read about it in Alternachicks if you like. It's very beautiful. Except my 6 year old keeps putting his grubby little fingers on the stainless steel, and I have to keep wiping it down.
My husband is getting home soon. He's going to be so surprised to see that the new fridge is not still stuck in the front hall. I sawed off the door frame to get it into the house. SURPRISE!!!

later darlings...

dentrassi
07-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Ellis-CONGRATULATIONS on the refrigerator!!!!!!!!!! By the way, sawing off the door frame counts as exercise!!!! And wiping off little grubby fingerprints does too!!!

Kat-CONGRATULATIONS on your 19th Anniversary!!

soozie
07-31-2002, 12:14 AM
Kat, Congrats on your anniversary doll !!!! Come visit our new forum by going to general and then alternachicks. We have a weigh in thread there and the thread for the September challenge.

Ellis, you didn't even saw off the door frame...or did you??? Couldn't you just take the doors off of the fridge?? Or had you already done that and it still didn't fit through?? Our house still in disarray. Getting there slowly. have to go back to work tomorrow. Not ready. No laundry done. Nothing to wear. Nice new countertops in the kitchen though...:spin:

haven't even thought about work for days. have to get back into the groove. feel like a major space cadet!! just focusing on where to put the spices and what is the most convenient place for the tupperware!!!...maybe here, no over there, no that shelf, well this cabinet is a good place for....hmmmm ....maybe....well I'll just lower this shelf a bit and raise this one a bit and.....SOMEONE STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girls. Maybe now that we're a forum some fat lesbians will find us and I won't be the only you know what here...you know what...the "L" word, the "L" word...:spin:

I love you girls. Let's lose some weight.
Soozie

ellis
07-31-2002, 07:52 AM
Thank you for the congratulatory message re: my fridge, Den. :)
My DH came home last night and cleaned the floor where the old one had stood. And removed the two dead mice. My son was NOT impressed to hear that the cute little mouse he'd seen in the TV room had been poisoned by his mother!

Yes, Soozie... I really did saw off the door frame. The two idiots that brought the fridge told me that they couldn't take out the bottom drawer (freezer... pull-out drawer) without unscrewing it, which would mean realigning it, yadda yadda. And that it would take them several hours. So I told them to get out and I would get it in myself. The thought of having those whiners/weiners in my house for hours did NOT sit well with me.

How exciting... putting all your stuff into the cupboards! We're all terribly jealous. If you have extra space in the cupboards, just remember... you don't have to fill it!! (right, Den? "Hey, I've got a bit of extra space in the house... BETTER FILL IT WITH SOMETHING!")

Hey, I'm doing the same thing with my fridge... organizing it. You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think there are too many shelves in it. When they're all in place, it's very tight for space in there.
Oh listen... inside on the door is this Brita water filter thing. It sort of hangs on the door on the inside, and it's got a little tap so you can pour yourself a glass of cold water. When my DH got home last night, my six year old was showing it to him. "Look Daddy! This is for getting a drink of water, AND for washing your hands!!"
:dizzy:

Oh Soozie. Sob. We're just not enough for you, are we? You really want a lesbian friend. Sniff.

later darlings...

jersey girl 311
07-31-2002, 10:28 AM
The lurker is back. I posted on this thread a couple of days ago and then didn't come back! Sorry about that. I think you are a great group and seem to know how to have fun. I hope you don't mind me hanging around. I'm not pms-ing. Is that ok? I did that last week. In the process had the whole house fighting. OOPS!!! Soozie, I'm not a lesbian either. But always willing to try new things!!! Just don't let my fiance know!!! Anyway you guys really do seem like a great group.
Heather

ellis
07-31-2002, 10:39 AM
Hi Heather!

Yes, we're a pretty light-hearted group.
Are you losing weight? How much? Are you exercising? Tell us a bit about yourself.
You're welcome to join us for mutual back-patting and morale boosting!

Where the heck is that Kat? Is she sleeping in? Hung over?

jersey girl 311
07-31-2002, 10:53 AM
Right now I am trying to lose 40 pounds. So far I have lost 10 of that so I have 30 to go. My current goal is to exercise more. I hate to. I have to kids 5 & 2, and I'm engaged. I moved to New Jersey from Iowa. That was a huge change. I went from the middle of a cornfield with barely any people to chaos. But I love it here. Want to know anything else, just ask.
Heather

soozie
07-31-2002, 10:57 AM
Hi Heather, Hi Ellis, I see that you are both online. However, if I don't leave for work right now I'll be late!!! Gotta go. Will talk with you later. Soozie.

dentrassi
07-31-2002, 09:39 PM
Ellis-A bit of extra space? What is that? I keep on finding "deals" and there is no place left to put them.....(mega cans of refried beans everywhere.....)

Soozie-My kids are 15 and 12 and I STILL have that baby fat!!! As a matter of fact it multiplied, and I now have an extra 40 pounds of baby fat that came on AFTER the kids were born!!! Actually, I did get the weight off, and then regained it and more.

Heather-I think I want to move into that old cornfield of yours!! I have a question for you....how tall are you?

jersey girl 311
08-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Trust me you don't want to live in that cornfield. Way too quiet there. Nothing to do except twiddle your thumbs. Although I did manage to get into enough trouble growing up. My friends and I used to create things to do and somehow we always managed to get caught!!! As for height, I am 5'9" tall. I don't think I will ever lose the baby fat, but I would like to decrease it. I have a 5 yr old daughter and a yr old son. You would think running after them all day would help me lose it. They sure know how to keep me on my feet especially now that I don't have my mother here to help me. She is still in that cornfield. How is everyone? Got big plans for the weekend? I have the joy of going into Philly tonight...gee can't wait. I hate driving in Philly. Oh well - Heather

katrinabgood
08-02-2002, 12:01 AM
I have been having a marvelous time, cruising the Alternachicks threads...oh...I'm gonna like it here!

I see we have another jersey girl here...hi Heather! We're going back to Philly tomorrow to pick up my daughter...I'm not driving! WHEW! I never had a problem driving in Philly before that fiasco...whiteknuckled, yes...but able to handle myself... I know I could not drive in NYC, they are WAY more aggressive and scary and just plain ol' crazy!

Thanks to all you lovelies for the anniversary wishes!! We had a very low key, quiet dinner...we sat on the deck of the restaurant, over the water, watched the sunset...really nice. Dinner was a bit of a letdown though, at least the ambience was fabulous ...I ordered broiled swordfish with shrimp scampi over the top...served over fresh spinach....three lousy little shrimp sat on top of my oh so bland swordfish, not too much garlic and string beans instead of spinach...I left half, didn't even take it home. so that's good, right? Unusual anyway! No dessert. You may pat my back here. I had to work that night anyway. so the celebration ended there, if you know what I mean! ;) To be continued....the date, nosies!...not the story!

dentrassi...my kids are 16 and 11...I still have my baby fat too! Of course mine is my ORIGINAL baby fat...and then some!

ooh, ellis, I'm picturing you with power tools and stuff...pushing the frig around...tearing down door frames...so butch!

soozie..."L" word? WHAT "L" word???? luscious? lascivious? lyrical? lusty? lunatic? lesbian??? ohhh...that one! Be the token lezzy, it's OK. Thanks for leading me to this very cool group of chicks...Have fun in Seaside...or did you already go and I'm horribly behind, here...a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I'm starting to doze off. despite the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie BLASTING in the background. We stopped at Blockbuster to rent "Lord of the Rings," it's not out til next week, so dh in his infinite wisdom, rented "Collateral Damage" instead. Yeah, hon...close but no cigar.

I'm done...must go to sleep now...no work tonight or til Tuesday night, for that matter. yay. All dietary sustems, "GO!"

speaking of GOing, I think I will...again...

til tomorrow...

dentrassi
08-02-2002, 12:30 AM
Kat-TOO FUNNY!!! Original baby fat!! I think I have mine AND my sister's too!!

Heather-Twiddling my thumbs actually sounds pretty good right now, but you are right, i'd probably be bored pretty quickly.

I have to pee too......

soozie
08-02-2002, 03:44 AM
I'm jealous of you girls having to pee because that means you're drinking your water. Have to get a bigger cup because I just haven't been drinking enough. It seems that everytime I get a new plastic water cup I suddenly drink my water, then I get bored of the cup and have to find some new trick to remind myself to drink. Am I simple or what???

Fell asleep putting the kid to bed, woke up a few minutes ago and decided to check in with you chicks.

Kat, I loved your last post...you were on a roll.

I hate driving in the city as well. I have a doctor's appt. (with the shrink) tomorrow morning. Making DP come with me so she can drive. To think, I grew up in that city...lived there for 30 years or so...but where I lived the driving wasn't so crazy.

As an adult I lived in West Philadelphia for awhile. Used to drive into town often. Hated it. The driving, not living in the city. Like suburban lifestyle better. Better supermarkets!! :lol: Better shopping malls!! :lol: No problem parking when you have to get some snacks in a hurry!!:^:

I'm feeling alittle disappointed in myself that I haven't been exercising. It just feels like there aren't enough hours in the day. I still have 22 boxes of stuff to unpack from the reno project. Some kitchen stuff and some stuff from my dining room china cabinet. (we had emptied the china cabinet because they were going to jack up the house and we thought it would feel like an earth quake and that things would fall over, it turned out that nothing broke and they jacked it up so slowly we didn't feel much of anything)

Well, gotta go read other threads. This is fun. Keep inspiring me girls. I need some inspiration to make my goal!!! :strong:

Love, Soozie the lucisous lesbian
ps. when you page me in Trader Joe's can you have them say that?:)
pss. going to Seaside today :wave:

ellis
08-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Kat, I'm so glad you had a good time! Yes, the poor meal was a blessing... regard it as such.

Soozie, when you unpack those 22 boxes, just do the squat thing with everything you take out and put away. Constitutes exercise. Big time.

Heather, when you have to drive in Philly, just think of it as an adventure. ;) Pretend you're in a movie and you're being filmed.
5'-9"?! You lucky girl you!!

Speaking of film, my gay friend (sorry, I hate saying that, but I need to classify him somehow... he's such a sweetie) is coming for dinner tonight with his new camera. It's a tiny little thing that he can hook up to the computer. He can actually do 40 second "blips" with it, too, and he can add sound to the photos. I'll try and get a photo of us tonight and send to you.

Den, I'm going to see my psychologist at noon today. I'm on my third coffee and it's ten o'clock. And I'm walking there... about a 45 minute walk. What are the chances that I won't have to pee on the way?

dentrassi
08-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Ellis-none. DH says chances are more like 15 peecent. (He was reading over my shoulder)

jersey girl 311
08-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone. Philly was a good time thursday. We went to see my fiance's brother's band play at the kyber. The traffic wasn't too bad. I have seen worse there. Well the diet was killed over the weekend. I will get back on track today. I'm down a pound though. So not a complete loss. How was everyone else's weekend?

katrinabgood
08-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Heather, come on over to August Alternachat, we seem to have migrated over there...or pick any one of the other threads, they're all going strong...same cast of characters...and them some!

You must have danced off any dietary damage that you may have done! Good job. I'm strictly back to a proper food plan today...I guess that means I have to go food shopping. I should go now, while everyone's still asleep...coffee first...

see you later!

soozie
08-07-2002, 02:22 AM
HEY ALL YOU FAT LESBIANS...
THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!! Talk to me, inspire me, let's lose weight.
Okay, what do you think girls? Will that entice them?
???????? Love, Soozie ??????????????

christinagw@aol.com
08-07-2002, 06:08 AM
Soozie, no one likes to be called fat, if you want them to join perhaps you should call them fluffy? :lol:

katrinabgood
08-07-2002, 10:01 AM
I think you need to sweet talk 'em, soozie. And don't be calling 'em FAT...they're luscious, soozie...LUSCIOUS!

ellis
08-07-2002, 10:06 AM
gee, I dunno... if you're fat you're fat...
fat, fluffy and luscious? Sounds like a dessert.
;)

katrinabgood
08-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Hey...anything to get the fat lesbians over!

soozie
08-07-2002, 05:48 PM
calling all luscious fluffy lesbians...come out come out where ever you are... Better girls???????;) :p :p ;) ;)

newsgrrl
08-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Well, I'm not sure that I'd say I'm luscius or fluffy, but I'm fat - does that count?

I just joined the forum today... I'm 7 weeks into weight watchers and thanks to my own lax interpretation of the program, I've only lost 7 pounds. Of course, those 7 are nothing to sneeze at, considering that I've only ever lost weight once before in my life, and that was last year on WW the first time.

Anyway - I'm a single femmedyke (who has long hair, paints her toenails and wears dresses fairl often, thank you very much!) who is back in school finishing up my degree. I work and live at school, and eat dorm food, so it's a little difficult to "plan" my menus, since they're already planned for me. However, they have great salad bars here, so it's all good. Oh yeah, I'm 32, and since my biological clock won't go on snooze anymore, I'm planning on trying AI within the next year. That's one of my major motivations to lose weight. I've got about 50 to lose, to get to the high end of my weight range.

Okay, that's enough about me... back to the regularly scheduled fun.

(oh yeah, I just have to mention that I've already drunk 64 oz of water today! Yay! Only 16 more to go! - and about that many more trips to the ladies room as well!)

christinagw@aol.com
08-07-2002, 07:43 PM
See Soozie, You call for Luscious & Fluffy Lesbians, & look who should show up?....newsgrrl! :lol: (Ellis, we all know that we are fat, but I will be the first one to smack anyone else calling me that...hehe...Fluffy you can get away with, luscious, **** I'll marry you! :love:

Welcome Newsgrrl! you will find us interesting to say the least! Congrats for going back for your degree! I know how hard that is, I just finished mine last December! I remember walking into that class at age 30 thinking, what are all these kids doing here, this is college...then I realized OH GOD! I AM OLD TO THEM! :fr: Stupid kids! Then I sat there smugly thinking...you may be skinny but I can buy your boyfriend beer! :smug: It sounds like you are doing it full time..UGH...took all I could do to make it to a few evening classes a week for the 2 years! Good luck on the planned parenting! Everyone deserves...I mean should have at least one! Just kidding, love my 2, center of my world!
Good luck on the weight loss too! (we are all so fun, sometimes I forget that is why we are here!)

Ok off to check the other threads & then I have Rugby practice tonight! (UGH...what was I thinking when I agreed to this, maybe theywill let me be the water girl!)

ellis
08-07-2002, 09:57 PM
ANOTHER LESBIAN!!! YEAH SOOZIE!! Ya roped one in!! :lol:

Welcome Newsgrrl! Uh huh... good idea getting in shape before you have a baby. It SHOULD make it easier to get off later. In theory. So I've heard. ;)

soozie
08-09-2002, 03:19 AM
Hey newsgrrl, Hi and welcome. I've been on the lookout for lesbians since I started visiting 3fc and number of months ago. You're the first one who was ready to post and call herself a lesbian. we have a "woman loving woman" in here some where who is currently in a relationship with a man...I forget who described themselves that way...sorry , there are just so many alternachicks now.

There was one lesbian woman who PMed me but never came onto the thread. SO, welcome. All of these women are pretty great chickquitas. If you read back you'll see how much fun they are and how supportive they can be.

Gotta get some rest my schedule has been crazy. Talk to you soon. Soozie

katrinabgood
08-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Hey! Welcome newsgrrl! Femmedyke? I never heard that term before, but that pretty much sums up the situation, I guess! Glad to have you aboard! uh...the thread...of course! ;)

I must take exception with ONE thing you said...ONLY 7 pounds in 7 weeks is nothing to sneeze at! Maybe it came off a little slower than you'd like...(I'd prefer 7 pounds a day, please!) BUT IT'S OFF! Congratulations! Hope you like our rollicking little gang...we DO have fun here!

Hi soozie...ellis, christina...I don't know where the **** to post anymore...should we leave the lesbians ALONE here on their own special board?

nod, nod, wink, wink, say no more!

I have to go read the million other threads...see you out there!

Oh, we're out there, all right!

barefootgrrrl
08-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey Soozie, it was me :cool:

I used to refer to myself as bisexual - but somehow it always seemed to cause other people to jump to conclusions.

One or more of the following:

(a) they thought it meant that I was looking for 3somes with hetero couples (how bizarre)

(b) some women who identified as lesbians assumed that if I got into a relationship with them, that I would leave them for the first guy who came along or that I would not be able to remain monogamous

(c) that I was promiscuous

(d) just downright weird

So I stopped the labelling. Throughout my life, I've tended to fall in love with a personality type - not a gender.

Just me though - not trying to get too serious here or offer up TMI - just felt like this might be the place to share it.

Thanks for letting me - barefootgrrrl Terri

katrinabgood
08-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Didn't Woody Allen say, "Being bisexual just doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night." ? :lol:

ellis
08-09-2002, 05:50 PM
What happened to newsgrrl? Driven away by our weirdness. Another one gone.... poof!
COME BACK!!

Terri-grrl, I know exactly what you mean about falling in love with a personality. I think that many of us do it but don't really acknowledge it. The only thing is, the thought of having sex with a woman doesn't really interest me. ;)
But I DEFINITELY know what you mean.

Yeah, Kat... life is pretty damned busy with all these threads, isn't it? I DO like to come and give the lesi/bi girls a bit of a shake up once in a while though. ;)

gotta go read threads...
later darlings...xo

soozie
08-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey barefootgrrl. Thanks for reminding me. Totally cool with your identity. Labels can be misleading.

I'm trying to reduce my time on the internet so I'm posting here in the lesbian spot and in the alternachat and just checking in periodically with the weigh out there, nurturing the nuts, and of course, Scotch 101. Just too much to do everything everywhere.

I guess it will shake out eventually with everyone finding their niche...or we'll all just keep posting and reading and just stop doing everyelse in our lives:lol:

Well girls, talk to you soon...hope that newsgrrl comes back...I'll pm her to remind her that we are here. Love. Soozie

dentrassi
08-10-2002, 01:30 AM
YUP!!!

If I read CAREFULLY and respond to EVERYTHING i could be on here for hours!! The kids tend to get a little restless then. You know, demanding things like meals and attention!!!:lol:

soozie
08-10-2002, 03:57 AM
Can't they be brats at times. And they probably want eye contact too...little rug rats and ankle biters...love em...

Forgot to mention that I'm also checking in to pigs anonymous...of course I've never posted anything there but I like to see what other people are doing:lol: Soozie

barefootgrrrl
08-10-2002, 02:02 PM
You are all so totally cool. This is the best little nook and cranny I've ever found on the Web. :D

Katrina - he *did* say it doubles your chances for Sat. night! LOL

If it were only that easy! ;)

Ellis - Thanks for my new moniker- terrigrrrl it is:) Glad you know what I mean about being attracted to certain personality types. Ok, now about the thought of having sex with women....... lots of us used to feel that way until we tried it:o :lol: :lol: ;)

dentrassi and soozie - I know what you mean. Being online can be like a time vacuum for me sometimes. I'll sit down here, intending to check email, etc - next thing I know - it's 3 hrs later..... I'm hungry, thirsty, zombified.......he he I also follow a couple low carb boards - don't post there - but try to learn as much as I can.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

terrigrrrl

dentrassi
08-10-2002, 02:24 PM
YUP!!! Feed 'em a meal and the next thing you know they want another one!! Actually, mine are starting to get that teenage appetite thing going. They will eat a HUGE meal, and an hour later they are hungry again!! It is really shocking how much they can consume. (And I thought that I could eat a lot!!) Actually, I am very lucky. My 12 year old still likes to cuddle (as long as no friends are around!!) And the 15 year old will still kiss me good night!! Some of their friends won't go anywhere near their parents anymore!!

Terrigrrl-Lots of great women here!! I agree.

mauvaisroux
08-15-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Soozie the luscious lesbian!

This is just a gratuitous post to bump up your thread in hope that other lovely lesbians will check this thread out, if not I guess you will be stuck with us honarary ones...Hey I haven't got my guidebook in the mail yet and how does that secret handshake go? Darn! I keep mixing it up with the secret pagan handshake:lol:

ellis
08-15-2002, 09:13 PM
You don't want to KNOW what the secret lesbian handshake is, Mauvais!! It involves body parts other than hands.

Gee Terrigrrrl, are you suggesting that I should have sex with a woman before I decide whether I like it or not? ;) I don't know how my hubby would feel about that. He's already uncomfortable when I tease him in front of his lesbian sister and say, "If I were gay, I'd choose your sister." SHE thinks it's funny, but HE doesn't. :lol:
I'm just a little too open minded for his liking. ;)

Den, when your kids ask you for another meal, just say, "DIDN'T I JUST FEED YOU LAST WEEK!?" Preferably in public.

You know, when I read "Pigs Anonymous", I just drool. I can't believe all the CRAP that those girls eat! Can you?

christinagw@aol.com
08-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Hmm, if Terri is a non labeled bisexual because she has no gender prefernce, Sooz is a lesbian because she prefers female, Ellis a heterosexual because she prefers men, does that make me a nonsexual, because frankly I am too darn tired or busy most of the time to care about either gender?:lol: Given half an hour to do what ever I want I will chose a hot bath & a glass of wine everytime! Although my Daughter thinks that my girlfriend is very smart, her & her partner can share clothes, & no one leaves underwear on the bathroom floor! :lol: Course she is only 6!

mauvaisroux
08-15-2002, 11:45 PM
:lol::lol: :lol: Smart kid!

ellis
08-15-2002, 11:53 PM
It has been studied and determined that the most often used sexual position for married couples is the doggie position.

The husband sits up and begs and the wife rolls over and plays dead.

ellis
08-16-2002, 12:08 AM
Happy Anniversary, Dentrassi!!

:flow2: :hat: :gift: :dance: :cb: :hb: :flow2:

soozie
08-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Ellis, I love that quote. I'll have to use it with my couples with sexual dysfunction who think that they are the only ones!! Chris, if that is the criteria I might qualify as nonsexual too...you know what they say, you have to make a date and prioritize intimacy once you have kids...and life gets so busy and crazy...

Thanks for the bump up Mauvais. I'm starting to really like all of you heteros though...you're a pretty cool bunch. Like I said to Ellis before, some of my best friends are hetero...and many of my family members come to think of it :lol:

Love, Soozie

mauvaisroux
08-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah sooze...like that Seinfeld episode...some of my best friends are heterosexuals, not that there's anything wrong with that..

ellis
08-20-2002, 12:02 AM
what do ya mean, "you're STARTING to like us!?!!?" Is that a sexist comment? :lol:
Okay, I don't get it... I took this test today online. It was to determine how you felt about homosexuals and heterosexuals. In the first part of the quiz, you had to indicate your regard out of 10 for: gay women, gay men, straight women, and straight men. The gays beat the straights by several points for me. (I was generalizing truthfully)
Anyhow, when I did the second part of the test, I flunked it!! It said I was more inclined towards regarding straight people as "correct", which is not true!! They flashed little pictures at you, and you had to hit one of two buttons. I can only think that I did the test incorrectly. I LOVE MY GAY FRIENDS!! geez. The worst thing is, I had to put my email address on it, so they probably have me in some file listed as a homophobic!!

mauvaisroux
08-20-2002, 12:16 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ellis, you are just too freakin' funny!
Ow my ribs hurt from laughing!

Wanttolosealot
08-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone,
You gals truely are a crazy bunch! I think I have come to the right place. I really enjoy reading about you all. It is a great thing to have lots of support and I can tell that you all give lots of it to each other. I call myself a maried lesbian. I am married to the greatest man on the planet. I have two great kids, who at times drive me insane but also make me very proud. I am currently 264 lbs (down 6) from three weeks ago when I decided enough is enough. I am tired of being tired. I have a great friend who walks with me everyday, we walk and talk , *****, laugh, and cry away the miles. I could not do it without support and I will give all the support I can to any of you too. Thanks for being there for each other!

ellis
08-20-2002, 12:47 AM
Hi again, Wanttolosealot!!

You're a dream! We LOVE to nurture people, and we LOVE people who nurture us back!!
You're doing great with the weight loss and walking... good for you!
Hey, I thought I was married to the greatest man on the planet! :lol:
How tall are you, sweetie? There are a lot of diminutive women here... I won't say who, but Dentrassi, Ruth...
Then there's that tall and gorgeous Mauvais. (damn her! I don't know why she's even IN this forum... she's not even FAT!!)

Okay, tell me everyone... I'm tired all the time. About five days a week I need to have a two hour nap during the day. Is that because I'm fat? Is that going to go away when I'm slim, or am I actually dying of some terrible disease?

Wanttolosealot
08-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Well girls, I weighed myself this morning and I am now 8 lbs lost in three weeks. Yeah!! I cant wait until I start in the gym, hopefully around the first or second week of September. ellis you asked how tall I am, well not very! I am 5'4 1/2", now I am 262 lbs and losing! I have a fruit drink every morning with lots of fresh fruit, soya milk, soya protein ,usually some type of fruit juice(like cranberry, or orange)and I also use 1 tbsp of milled flax seed. It gives me a good burst of energy in the morning. I also have either a bowl of cereal, bagel, of flax seed toast. I try and drink lots of water, some days more than others, I love water and would prefer it to any other drink. Chocolate used to be my biggest downfall and would eat it every day. I have not had any in about three weeks and do not want it, but if there is a day i really want it, I will allow myself a piece so I do not eat everything else trying to compensate for it.
Anyway enough rambling for now, hope you all have a great week, love hearing from you and thank you for the encouragement!! Hugs to everyone!

soozie
08-21-2002, 07:00 AM
Arrrrggggghhhhh!
Lost my message before posting!!
This is my startover!!!
Welcome wantstolosealot!
Sounds like a Native American name, as in Dances with Wolves.
Mine would be...
Eats like a :moo: ,
or Pays for Gym but Never Goes Fool.

Can you believe that the one woman who ever visited this thread and stated that she was an actual lesbian, besides me of course, came once and never returned?? I even pm'ed her to try to woo her back.

And Ellis, of course I love you girls. Though I think that the test you took on the internet must be accurate...after all, everything on the internet is screened for accuracy, isn't it? I think that the test developer knows you better than you know yourself. You'll just have to drop all of your gay and lesbian friends and start over with being a homophobic and prejudiced person. I'm sorry. I'll miss you but, after all, the test said it. You might also want to look into some active hate groups since you do have an activist background, you'll just have to readjust your core values and beliefs a bit.

Love, Soozie

ellis
08-21-2002, 10:04 AM
Very funny, Soozie poozie. :lol:
That girl wasn't a REAL lesbian... she was just testing the waters. Speaking of waters, have you seen those awful billboard ads for ummm, some kind of water... a picture of a grinning guy in the middle of two cute adoring chicks... the text beneath says, "Uncharted waters". Pisses me off.

Okay, why isn't anyone answering my question about being tired all the time?

Wanttolosealot
08-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Ellis
I have been really tired this week too. Can not seem to get myself going! Must be the weather or something, it is either really hot or raining. No happy medium. I hope you get back into the swing of things soon, but if not and you are really concerned go see your doc. Do you drink energy or protein drinks, give it a whirl!!
Wanttolosealot

mauvaisroux
08-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Sheesh! Alright already Ellis!:lol: I have been feeling tired to but I am blaming it on a stressful job, lack of sleep and a full social schedule on the weekends...personally I feel like I could sleep for a week:yawn: You might want to check with your doc if you don't get back to normal soon.

BTW those ads bug me too:mad:

ellis
08-22-2002, 02:44 AM
Okay, is this maybe just an aging thing? Peri-menopause or something? Because almost all of the women I know around our age (35-45) are tired!

I've been napping fairly regularly since February. Doesn't seem quite normal.

Of course, Ruth suggested that I may be eating too many carbs. Which is perfectly true. I've got a book called ummm, Food and Mood. I think I'm going to read it again and see if I can find the "secret of life". The protein/energy drinks are a good idea, too!

Many thanks, lesi-girls!
(hmmm, I suppose that if I dropped 60 pounds I might feel a little more energetic, too)
:grouphug:

oh my gosh... new emots!

christinagw@aol.com
08-22-2002, 09:58 AM
HI girls, I haven't been in here for a little while, but since at this exact moment I hate men, (well really just 1 in particular, but he is ruining it for the whole bunch) I figured that it is time to pop in & re-bond with my online Lesbian friends, Ok since there is only 1 here, I guess you pretenders will have to do! :lol: Even my live lesbian friends are all on vacation. I did call them on the cell phone last night, crying the blues, saying the one time I need an escape & a couple of gals to drink with they are on vacation. They laughed & told me they are having a great time at the beach & to call in sick the rest of the week & come down. It was real tempting too! Maybe Friday night if DH aka Big Jerk is still acting up! Although I need to be Mommy & get the kiddos ready to head back to school!

Ellis, Have some chocolate, that caffiene will perk you up! :lol: Have you tried a multi vitamin or anything to help? Do you sleep well at night? You may be getting that nap in the day & then not sleeping well at night creating a vicisous cycle. Good luck, I know that can be miserable, although I LOVE when I get to take an afternoon nap on the couch!

Wanttolose! Great job on the weightloss! Keep it up!

dentrassi
08-22-2002, 10:05 PM
TIRED?!? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mauvaisroux
08-22-2002, 10:28 PM
Hi Ellis!

You might try taking a look at your sleeping routines. I can fall asleep easily but I don't stay asleep and therefore never have a truly deep sleep and wake up the next day feeling exhausted.

A lot of the books and articles I have read on the subject of sleep disorders recommend the following:

1. Go to sleep at around the same time and wake up at around the same time everyday.

2. Avoid caffeine after 12pm or 2pm in the afternoon. This includes tea, coffee, chocolate(wah:cry: ) and caffeinated soft drinks.

3. Diet. Carbs are usually mentioned as the culprit.

Also you may want to do some physical activity during the day like taking a walk, doing an excercise tape or going to the gym.
I find that when I schlep around the house (which I have been doing a lot lately) I start feeling rundown.

Vitamins may be a good idea too. I try to take them but forget after 3 days:o and have to start again. I think it takes 7 to 10 days for them to kick in.

I am currently trying to develop a better routine for myself as I have felt dragged out all week.:tired:

My dad swears by the combination of eating a banana and drinking hot chocolate 1/2 an hour to 1 hour before going to bed. I tried it once and it knocked me right out:faint:

ellis
08-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Okay, cut back on carbs, eat chocolate, take a multi-vitamin, go to bed and get up at the same time everyday, protein drinks and a banana and hot choc before I go to bed. WOOF!! :yikes:
Thanks for all the advice, you cool lesi girls! Oh... and exercise... yes! I'm joining the YMCA next month. Going to work out at least 3 days a week. Plus I'll walk there, which should take... what do you think, Mauvais... about 20 minutes each way? Look out Mauvais... I'm gonna be as skinny as you by next year! (must get a rack to stretch myself, though. Felt like a midget beside you...)

Soozie... hope you're doing okay. We're all thinking about you. Come and talk when you can...
xoxo

barefootgrrrl
08-23-2002, 12:17 AM
ok, here's my two cents on this.

I am dead tired lately - but it only really started when the heat and humidity came to stay. I've determined that I'm good below 90 degrees - anything above that just saps me.

Of course, I've been in carb withdrawal lately too and I carry extra weight - so none of it helps.

I've found that the best way to get energized is with a new love interest LOL - none in sight - so looks like I'll resort to trying to get more sleep

:hypno: night all :) terrigrrrl

soozie
08-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Hey Girlies...I'm Baaaaack. Ellis, it could also be your meds. Sometimes antidepressants can cause fatigue, especially the SSRIs. But if it is a recent change, and a profound one, you should see your doc.

Anyway, I have to go read all of the other postings since I missed checking in yesterday. One day away and I'm lost!!!! So much going on here.

I've been eating alot. (and September 15th is quickly approaching) But, I'm ready for going back the the gym next week!!!! I'm gearing up for it. And I'm still shooting for my goal and if I don't make it I'll just keep going for the next goal!!!

Also, it is uncanny but I look just like that avatar that Mauvais put up!!! Except that I'm a brunette, not a red head....:lol:

Love, Soozie the official Lesbian of the Alternachicks Site
(and proud of it)

ellis
08-23-2002, 10:17 AM
That's right, Terrigrrrl! The heat! Very true... it's been a **** of a hot summer, and like you, I do NOT function well while hot.
If only I could punch all this information into a computer and have it churn out the perfect diet/lifestyle/etc.
A new love interest... hmmm, I wonder what my DH would say... :lol:

Yeah, Soozie... you and Mauvais are practically twins. ;)
I tried taking my meds at night instead of in the morning for a couple of weeks, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I SHOULD go and see my doctor... I'm a little overdue...

gotta go get a tampon and a coffee...
xoxo

soozie
08-24-2002, 12:15 AM
Tampon and coffee girl, Here's a tampon joke from Kate Clinton.

Go into work one morning and put a tampon behind your ear.

Just keep walking around like that until someone says,
uh, you have a tampon behind your ear...

look introspective, like this...:chin:
take the tampon down and ponder it a moment...

then go like this :eek:
and shout,
"oh, my gosh, where's my pencil?"

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.
Love, Soozie

ellis
08-24-2002, 12:31 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha...
that's just what I needed! Thanks, Soozie!

dentrassi
08-24-2002, 01:07 AM
I laughed until I cried AND peed!!!!

Ruthxxx
08-24-2002, 08:41 AM
That is soooooo good! Harry loved it too!

soozie
08-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Glad you enjoyed it girls! :)

See you when I return from the beach...keep on the lookout for any lesbians while I'm gone!!! :s: :eek:

:wave: Soozie

Wanttolosealot
08-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Soozie
That was great! Very funny. Have a great time at the beach, dont forget your sunblock, get lots of rest and have fun!

ellis
08-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Soozie, are you back? Did you have fun? How's DP? And DD?

Den, that is the cutest little marmite jar I ever have seen. :lol:

Hey, when is Kat getting back from holidays?

dentrassi
08-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Thanks Ellis!!! I found a bunch of marmite sites, but ONE of them is for MARMITEMAN!!! He lived in a vat of marmite for 15 years, and when he emerged he had special marmite powers. At first no one believed him, so he was institutionalized for 4 years, but now he is OUT making the world safe!!

www.marmiteman.co.uk

Soozie doesn't get back until Thursday

Not sure when Kat was due to get back. Seems like it should be soon though!!

ellis
08-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Oh my gosh... that site is hilarious, Den!!

Listen girls, I made popcorn last night, and there were a few bits and pieces of it still on the kitchen floor when I came down this morning. I'm on the computer right now, and my cute little mouse house-guest (who refuses to eat the poison that I've left out for him) keeps popping out, taking a piece, and returning to his home... he's very sweet. And just think... I don't have to pick up that popcorn! I've got a built-in house-cleaner!!

Wanttolosealot
08-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Ellis you are such a dear, Feeding the little mice of the world. I am sure he will tell all his friends of your generous hospitality.

Ruthxxx
08-26-2002, 01:52 PM
Well, Ellis - just remember that those are NOT caraway seeds on your floor, OK?

ellis
08-26-2002, 02:01 PM
You're right... DH has decided to put the popcorn INTO the dish of poison. One mouse is kinda cute, but no... don't need the whole family moving in...

mauvaisroux
08-26-2002, 02:27 PM
:mouse: poor little guy!

christinagw@aol.com
08-26-2002, 04:49 PM
Ohhh, you feed the little rodents? I try to bash them on the heads...oh wait no that is the kids, the mice I feed:lol:

Hey while Sooz is away let's tell her the place was crawling with Lesbians! :lol:

ellis
08-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Okay, I know our main lesi is home. So where the heck is she?
:dance:

soozie
08-29-2002, 10:06 PM
gotta put the kid to bed, be back soon. Soozie, big ole lezzie

mauvaisroux
08-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey Soozie! Welcome back:D Hope you had a good time at the beach!

dentrassi
08-29-2002, 11:14 PM
YAY!!!! WELCOME BACK!! TELL US ABOUT YOUR VACATION!!!!

soozie
08-30-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi Girls. We had a really nice time at the beach. The first two days were beautiful and the second two were rainy. But, we relaxed and shopped and ate and enjoyed ourselves anyway.

DD loved wave jumping and didn't even freak out when she got knocked down or splashed by a wave. Think that the swimming lessons helped with that alot!!

I feel like I gained weight...don't know for sure yet. I'm going to get on the scale tomorrow. Then give you the official number on Monday. I just feel really poofed up right now. Like a balloon. I'm not PMS so I can't blame that...didn't drink enough water while we were there and ate ice cream almost once a day...just have to move on and get back on track!!!

The gym awaits me. Getting in there will be so hard. I read a bit what you were saying about the Y Ellis. It justs will feel so awkward to go back in when I've been away for SO LONG.

Well, gotta jump around and check out other threads.
Love, Soozie

soozie
08-30-2002, 10:54 AM
was up .5 lbs today. Not too bad. Missed you girls, that must be why I gained...:wink: Talk to ya later, after work...Love, Soozie the lucious lesbo.

Wanttolosealot
08-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey Soozie
Welcome back!
We missed you! So glad you all had a nice time at the beach!
Virginia

mauvaisroux
09-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone! I have closed this thread as a new one has been started by soozie, check out the new lesBIalternachicks and friends thread:)