Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #1  
Out is Through

Angry Super Plus Size Sports Bras - Help! :[

Hey everyone! I'm having a horrible time finding a sports bra that would fit my.."well endowed" chest ;(

I'm extremely top heavy, and currently wearing an 'F' cup size from Lane Bryant/Cacique. I just checked my bust size and it's 57 inches, measuring an inch from the armhole of my current bra. I was browsing junonia.com and their sports bra only goes up to 53 inches! I've never purchased a sports bra before, but my boyfriend and I are going to buy gym memberships this week and I'd really like to not me flopping around all over the place (sorry for the mental images!)

If anyone has any suggestions or personal experience with this I'd really appreciate some feedback!

-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Are you talking about your band size or around your bust?

I looked at some of the Junonia bras and they go to 6x which is for a 64-66" bust? You might also want to call them as well and see if they could help you. I see another bra has a 48F (and the 48 is UNDER your breasts or sometimes on your chest bone above your breasts but never includes your breasts)
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #3  
Out is Through

I'm talking about around my bust. I checked the size chart, the "body size chart" goes up to 66" bust, but the specifics for the certain bra I was looking at only goes up to 53". My boyfriend found a site called "justmysize.com" and it has some sports bras that have actual sizes, have you ever heard of them?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #4  
Just Me

This bra goes up to 6x and is an option:
http://www.junonia.com/detail.htm?si...=1&ldid=&sdid=

I have heard of Just My Size, they are a hanes company. I've bought a lot of stuff from them. I think their quality isn't the best but its doable.

Another option is Enell sports bras:
http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1
Looks like it goes up to a 60" bust.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #5  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

I just got an Enell bra last week and it is by far the best bra I have had for holding the ladies in place. I would recommend it to any well endowed friend.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #6  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

I got Enell sports bras specially tailored just for my shape at a local bra boutique that custom modifies bras. It's a little pricey, but they allow you to try on any bras you are interested in, will give you a proper fitting, and then they'll tailor it just for your boobs. Your location says you are in NYC so I am thinking you should be able to find some kind of custom bra boutique there?

I've bought sports bras off the rack but really they never did as much for me as actually having one sewn JUST for my body... the difference is huge.
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #7  
Out is Through

Enell looks perfect! It's a bit pricey, but seems well worth it. Do you wear wicking tees while working out or just any old tshirt you have in the closet? If you have experience with the wicking tees, is it worth the money? Thank you both! :]
Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #8  
Just Me

Look at Target for workout wear. The wicking tees are nice but aren't 100% necessary. A cotton tee can make you look a lot sweatier though.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #9  
Out is Through

Yeah, sweating is a big thing to me. I don't know why but I get so embarassed, I sweat a lot while exercising because of my weight and my PCOS. I wear black most of the time, so I'll check Target out soon and see if they have anything to suit my needs.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 303/292/190

Height: 6'1"

Now, the topic begs the question: Is it pronounced Tar-get, or Tar-jey?
Almighty David is offline   Reply With Quote