Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Arrow Hit a brick wall

I joined 3fc about 7 weeks ago in which i started of well ..........however with current events of stress at work.......painfull bouts of IBS and feeling low my diet and exercise plan flew out the window. To day im off 2 docs to sort my pain out and tomorrow im of for a relaxing week away with my boyfriend to wind down and i plan to get back on track on my return.
So heres to a fresh start and hoping to fetch you more happier threads and stories of success.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #2  
Baby Stepping Along

Lucky,
so sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. That makes it so hard to do the right stuff. Hopefully the docs will be able to help you out and your trip will be just what you need. You might find it a bit tough to get back on the horse so you might make a plan for what your first day back will look like before you go so that is waiting for you. Making a post here part of your plan would be a good idea too.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Most cases of IBS greatly improve with a proper diet geared toward your symptoms. Why wait to get back on the saddle? I'm not a doctor, but I can already tell you what most doctors will do...prescribe a new med so you can continue to eat poorly and feel better. Here, take a pill. You can eat pizza, beer and ice cream again without stomach pain.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

Hey Lucky - Oh no! IBS is the worst, you poor thing. I was just diagnosed a few months ago. The pain was absoultely awful and almost constant. It's great you're going to get back on track with your health plan - though I have to agree with LoriBell, diet is the biggest thing that can help your IBS symptoms. Don't wait! You can be feeling better tomorrow, rather than in a week's time, or when you get back from holidays. A holiday is a great idea though - you said things were very stressful for you at the moment, and stress is a huge trigger for IBS.

I am seeing a dietician at the moment to help me figure out what's good for me to eat, and I have been amazed how much better I feel and how much the pains, bloating, etc have gone away just from making a few simple changes to my diet, as well as adding in a daily probiotic. To think of all the medication I took from GPs who didn't know what my problem was! All those needless antibiotics, etc. I know everyone's trigger foods are different, but maybe seeing a dietician will help you too, if you can?

Good luck, and feel better soon!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote