Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Setting weekly goals

So, I'm back after gaining back 7lbs.

I had an injury that I've been re-habbing for 2 months. No exercise other than walking + not being super rigid with my diet = 7lbs.

But, I'm back to the gym and being pretty regimented with my diet. It is reasonable to think I can lose 2lbs a week for 12 weeks in a row? That would get me to my goal weight by the end of August.

How reasonable is this, given that I've already lost close to 15lbs since February?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Quote:
It is reasonable to think I can lose 2lbs a week for 12 weeks in a row?
I would say probably not--unless you do well with being hungry all the time.

Why not just come up with a reasonable plan, good nutrition, right level of exercise to make progress, 1-2 pounds a week, and just stick with it and see where you end up by the end of August?

You'll no doubt be lighter!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm sorry to hear of your injury. Those 7 lbs could have been a heckuva lot more.

Quote:
It is reasonable to think I can lose 2lbs a week for 12 weeks in a row?
Just echoing what Jay said.

At you're starting weight? I think it's highly unlikely. I would find/create/follow a healthy eating plan - one that you enjoy, so that sticking with it is much easier and not a hardship. I'd tweak it along the way as need be. I'd add in exercise. I'd stick with it day in and day out, getting much satisfaction from that in and of itself - and whatever results you get - you get.

So you may not get to your goal at the end of August, but as long as you keep on STICKING with that plan - you will get to that goal.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Remember the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to lose that weight. I mean if you work your *** off and stay on point I would say anything is possible- but don't be disapointed in yourself if you are like let's say 145 at the end of august instead of 140- that's still a lot
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'd say no, too. And trying to make that your goal is likely to only lead to frustration when you don't make your goal, rather than feeling proud of yourself for making long-term changes and watching your body slim down (albeit at a slower pace).

Last edited by Heather; 06-02-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Another NO, here. I had many weeks where I was PERFECTLY on plan, and still did not lose even an ounce, let alone 2 lbs.

Set goals for things you CAN control - number of minutes of exercise, calorie limits, water intake, etc.

EVERY time I set a scale goal, it led to disordered behavior to try to "get back on track". Total recipe for failure in my experience!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote