Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1  
K♥RiSSA

S/C/G: 165/145/115

Height: 5'3"

Default New to the site...

Hi my name is Karissa I am 23 years old and am working towards my goal weight of 115lbs, I hope to reach this goal by December 19th of this year. I joined this site hoping that someone will be able to help me with this problem I am having. I have been on a pretty solid eating schedule, I try to stay right around 1200 calories a day. I have my occasional slip ups. Well my problem is, I was 145.8 Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon I went to try out for a local coed softball team, [I haven't played softball in 7 years]. The coach worked me extremely hard, so hard in fact that I could barely walk off the field that day, and I am still hobbling around today. My problem is, I weight Monday morning [2 days after the strenuous softball practice] and my weight was up to 151. I was dumbfounded. I immediately started thinking about everything I ate. I came up with this, for dinner sat night I had salmon, steamed broccoli, chips and salsa and one shot, the rest of the day was my usual healthy food. Sunday I had my regular breakfast, and lunch, and a low calorie stack, but I also snacked on some cashews that day, and for dinner I really splurged with a barbecue turkey sandwich and fries... but the more i think of it I would have to consumed over 21000 calories over what I burned to have that much weight gain in 2 days, and there was NO way I hit that number with what I ate. So my question is, why am I having such a spike in weight change? I have googled about possibly retaining water because of my muscle being sore, but I found articles that argued against that, can someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction?
KrAzY bLoNdE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #2  
K♥RiSSA

oh and how do you add a signature? I dont have the edit signature tab in my user cp
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome! I'm a newbie too but as far as I understand you can't add a signature until you've been around for a while and made a certain number of posts. I empathize with your frustration with the scale moving around but it may be that your major workout has you retaining water. I'd stick to your plan and give it a few more days before checking the scale again. Good luck and hope you find that the wonderful folks here are as helpful as I have in my short time as a member : )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #4  
K♥RiSSA

Thanks you so much.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Hi Karissa,

Dancerindenver is right, you can't create a signature until you've made a certain number of posts - maybe around 20, but I'm not certain.

With your strange weight gain I would say, keep in mind that your weight fluctuates by around 2lbs throughout the day anyway, so try to weigh yourself at the same time each day. It sounds like your tough workout may have caused some fluid retention around your ankles if you're hobbling - this could be causing some of the lbs. It also sounds like your diet over the weekend was quite high in salt, and that can add to/cause fluid retention.

Try not to worry about it too much, as it is essentially a very minor set back. I would suggest an epsom salt bath to temporarily get rid of water retention and see if that helps you out

Good luck! Feel free to pm me and let me know if my advice was any help at all
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote