Old 06-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #1  

Post Fat Smash Diet

I just started the Fat Smash diet today. Anyone just else just started?
kklarkejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I was unable to get the book from the library yet, so I am trying to go from what I have gathered here and other sites...but plan to start on Monday. Keep us posted on your progress! What have you eaten so far today, and how do you feel?
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Thinfor5minutes - i am doing this as a jumpkick to my plateau too. I started this for the FS for the first time Monday, I'm down 2.2 lbs, and not quite past my lowest weight since plateau, but I'm hoping it gets me there too. I'm doing really good and because the book is extremely vague I'm making my own decision on what is allowed.

I get to work at 5:45 am, leave at 9:38 to go to school across the street from 9:45 - 11:45 and then am at work until 4pm. So i have to bring salads, veggies burgers and fruit with a knife to work. I just got some frozen veggies to make too, so i'm not having the same thing all the time. anyway, here is what i've been eating.

Monday
Breakfast - 2 egg whites, 3 mangoes
snack - salad with cucumber, mushrooms, and a corn black bean salad i made with tbsp of fat free italian
lunch - same salad
snack - 2 mangoes, 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli with lemon pepper
dinner - 2 cups brown rice with white onions and green bell peppers the BF fried in a wok with water and red pepper flakes, he added egg whites after i got mine i didn't want to have the full 4

Tuesday
Breakfast - 2 egg whites, 2 mangos,cut up with some black berries and cherries, granola(recipe on the recipe thread, really just munched on this through out the whole day)
snack - veggie burger with green tabasco & snow peas(about 5 or 6)
lunch - monday's salad with tbsp of catalina dressing and no corn/black bean salsa
snack - 10 almonds
dinner - 1 1/2 cups of broccoli with lemon pepper, 10 cashews
snack - 1/2 cup of corn black bean salad

today so far
snack - 1 mango (went for a 10 min run at 3:45am, had to eat a mango)
breakfast - 2 egg whites, 1 mango cut up and some black berries, 1/2 cup of yogurt with about 1/4 cup left over granola from breakfast yesterday
snack - veggie burger with green tabasco
lunch - salad from tuesday, 10 almonds

I belong to a Fruit/Veggie Co-Op here in AZ, and was able to purchase a case of atafaulo mangoes for $5.50, pretty much an 8lb box, they are deeeelishious!

I walked the dog for 20 min after dinner on monday and about 10-15 on tuesday. I ran for 10 this morning, just a jog around the neighborhood since th puppy woke up, and i'll hit the treadmill for 30 min today after work.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by DanSinDeva; 06-03-2009 at 03:39 PM.
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I've been making different versions of corn and black bean salads -- both southwestern and Asian -- and my hubby is raving about them! The southwestern one came from Oprah's website, and the Asian is from the most recent issue of Healthy Cooking magazine. So corn is okay on Phase 1? I was wondering about that.

I don't think that the detox phase will be all that hard for me, since my husband is a vegetarian and we eat most of those foods anyway. The most difficult thing for me will be no breads.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Yeah bread is a big thing for me too, but its only 9 days, I'm not sure if you can have it in phase 2 yet, but thats only another 30 days. I love sandwhiches, but prior to this I was pretty much following WW Core, and didn't really have bread often anyway. I think you'll do great on this if you already eat close to this. I was afraid it wasn't going to work, becasue I ate very close to it too. We'll see! No loss today, but I'm not worried. I'm just hoping to lose 6lbs at least, that's crazy for 9 days, but if others are loosing 8-10, I should be able to do 6.

But yeah, corn is ok in phase 1, i know it's a starch, but the book says any amounts of fruits and veggies in phase one, they prefer it to be all fresh, no canned, and if it is canned it should be no sodium added, and still washed! I love grilling corn, shaving it off and using it in a SW style corn salsa. It's so good as a salad dressing too!

Good luck!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote