Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Blue Bombshells - Week 2 Thread

Sorry, I'm running behind here at work, this thread should have been up earlier.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Bombshell here!

MEENAMOM - I forbid you to quit! ABSOLUTELY forbid you to quit. We all have those weeks. Success is not just in scale numbers. Stay determined, stay on task, and stay with us~ its a brand new week!

I just finished a not so yummy snack, but its OP so whatever. BF on the job hunt is really becoming stressful for both of us. Not $ wise, emotionally though. He doesn't sit still well. Pray something comes through soon. We are going on month #4. YIKES!

Hope you all are doing well! BBL!

Last edited by Nixmom; 06-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Meenamom - 1200 calories of what? Post some of your food journal, and let's see if there's something that looks like it might be causing the problem. If you're exercising a lot 1200 calories may not be enough, your body might hang on to any extra weight as a cautionary measure.

I am thrilled with my weigh-in this week. But it's been a long time coming for me. I maintained at 152-155 for the past 4-1/2 months. That's a long plateau, but I knew I was still making fitness gains even if the scale didn't show it. Now that the scale is moving again, it really jumped. It's not the first time the scale has played this game with me either. I was stuck at 172 for about the same amount of time. So every 20 pounds or so, I get stuck... I hope it sticks for good at 132.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Nixmon: Sorry that your BF still hasn't been able to find anything. Sending all my good vibes your way!

Meenamom: Don't be so harsh on yourself, we all have good weeks and bad weeks, but I will second what Dix said. Let us know what you're eating and how much you're exercising and maybe we can figure something out together.

Dix: Yay!!! You are finally out of that plateau! Congratulations!!
You have done really well with all your exercise, but I bet it's good to see the scale finally cooperating with you.

I just finished my official workout for today, I think I will add some walking when the sun goes down a little bit just to keep my minutes up.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #5  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Bombshells!
I am so sorry to not have posted sooner. I misunderstood, thinking this challenge started today. Well I'm on it now and hope to be a faithful contributer to our weight-loss efforts. Gotta go for now, hope to chat more later.

Dora
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Jacque9999 - I live in Perry County. So we are very close to each other.

Well this weekend went pretty good. Yesterday was my birthday so I didn't watch what I ate. I guess that's why I only lost .2 lbs this week. I am going to try and go for a walk tonight with my hubby and DS. I need to start getting up again at 4:30 to workout. I took some time off and I shouldn't have. So anyway...have a good rest of the day.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone - My weight loss last week was fabulous do to some crazy walking the last 2 weeks. I'm probably going to do one more week of this type of walking and then scale back some as I add back in my swimming and biking. I think I found a Tri to sign up for in September. (I have bigger plans for next year!)

Looks like everyone did really well! Woot Blue!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #8  
Domestic Engineer

Hey Dora- I'm with you...thought it was today so I haven't been on this site much.

Anyway- glad to be joining everyone again. I've had a self-induced plateau/gain this past month and am happy for the challenge to help me get back on track. I've been up walking early with friends as well now that the weather is so nice. Now to get better with my food intake!! Ah, one day at time I guess and mostly good choices will do it
Old 06-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #9  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

How are you all doing today? I'm good. Been running errands for 3 hours this morning. Doesn't that count for anything? Drive 4 mins, shop for an hour, bk in car, stand in line at post office for 20 mins at least, bk in car, etc etc. All on my cup of coffee. Haven't eaten one bite all day and it's after 3pm. NOT GOOD.

So boiling eggs to make a tuna fish salad the kids and I like on hot days with crackers. (12 cals each, mind u). I use low fat mayo, boiled eggs cut small, but only half the eggs do I leave the yolk, I do use some swt pickle relish but I add up cals of whole bowl then fourth it and eat that much then I know what cals are for just me. You learn the art of improvising and substituting things that don't change the taste anyway and it all adds up. AND you add lots of numbers as you lose but it's worth it. Since the first of the month of May, I'm down 11 lbs. (I show another .5 lb down since yesterday.)

I was really staying too low some days but now that I make sure I eat at least 1200 a day I seem to really be losing more quickly. So it really is true everyone that if you try to starve, it won't work. (I know I know, those ppl on Survivor lost 30 lbs in 30 days but they were starving, it wasn't good for them and they had to do lots of physical challenges. I don't think I could do what they did anyway, so I'm not about to try.)

I feel good. Finally feeling like eating this way is my regular habit. That's good news. After you eat smaller portions of whole foods plus a few bites of other stuff for 30 days it becomes your 'normal'. I had my doubts, even tho I'd done this before and thought I had the habit there. But I really do think it can be done forever. Look at all the maintainers here. I want to be one!!!

Ok, gotta go help the kids,

Bye for now! Selina
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/143/120

Height: 5'3

Today I had to make up my fitness test for sit-ups. Last sit-up test I took was in January and I did 33 in one minute. Today I did 50 in one minute! I was so happy! I usually get winded by 25, but I just kept going and didn't feel any pain until I stood up!
Sorry to brag... I had to share. I'm so happy!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #11  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Sillygirl!! I think I could do 2 in high school. Awful, I know.

And have fun at prom!!! I loved prom!!!

Selina
Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Wow I checked out the weigh-in thread and we had some awesome losers!! Congrats to all who lost weight. I lost the weight I had gained over Memorial Day weekend this week. I am still 2 lbs from my lowest weight in the last challenge. I have been stuck in this area (173-177) for about 2 full months. I lose weight all week and then gain it all back on the weekend. Need to come up with a good plan like wiring my jaws shut on Friday morning! lol!!! I was actually surprised this morning that the scale was still at 175.4 I was sure I had gained weight thru this weekend too. I am open for any suggestions anyone has.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #13  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyGirl View Post
Today I had to make up my fitness test for sit-ups. Last sit-up test I took was in January and I did 33 in one minute. Today I did 50 in one minute! I was so happy! I usually get winded by 25, but I just kept going and didn't feel any pain until I stood up!
Sorry to brag... I had to share. I'm so happy!
That's great! I don't think I can do 50 in one day unless I split it into 2 increments!
Yay, we got our official team name!!

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 06-01-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #14  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

well i had a big loss but its cause i finally had a POP week. guess i needed this challenge to keep me inline.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #15  

Dix- congrats on the loss, good for you for sticking to it!

sarahjs and jacque9999- im from Harrisburg- I'm close to you guys too!

I'm off to work- I did make it to the gym today- felt great to get back into that routine!