WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for June

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for June

Tina
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Greetings! Can you believe summer is here and so is hurricane season. Wow!:D:D:D

If you are new here, we are a great group who gives lots of support. We like to laugh, too. Come on in and join the fun!

I'm really tired of having to watch what I eat, while on this Coumadin/Warfarin. I didn't realize how much stuff contains vitamin K.
Someone should write a cookbook to help me. (Maybe someone has. I'll have to google.)
What's going on with everyone???
Everyone, welcome back Sis!

:hug:

jar1965
06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone! Yep, Happy Summer! I can't wait for vacation!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is staying OP and staying healthy too! This bunch as really had it's troubles this spring!:hug:

Well I'm at work so I better scoot! Thanks for starting us of Tina!
Have a great Monday!;)

Tammy
06-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Tina, I did make it to church on time on Sunday. A little later than usual, but I was there. I can't imagine going to Olive Garden and not eating the salad! Not fair for you!!

Jeanne, what are your vacation plans? Stop by and pick me up and we'll go to Texas to meet Tina and Susan.

Trying to decide about classes for the summer. The class I've been taking is taking a summer break. We have 3 more weeks of classes I think. There are several classes offered, but I'm just not sure about doing something different. Of course, doing something different might be the best thing for me. a different routine might be good.

food and water have really been great lately. Maybe my butterfly will get to move this week.

Hello to all! Have a great week!

Tina
06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi,
Jeanne, I know you're ready for summer!!!

Tammy, you make me tired just thinking about the classes you want to take. :) Change is good. Maybe it'll help with weight loss.

Maybe this week the butterfly and fish will get to moving!

Oh, I googled and found that there is a Coumadin cookbook. I'll have to order one. Hmmm....that'll me I have to cook. Oh well.....:lol:

auntie
06-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi,

YEA!!! SIS, we are so happy you are back! I too am sorry about your mom and brother! You know we are here for you!

Jeanne, now don't be blaming US for gaining weight :D Just cause I'm not losing doesn't mean anything! Ha!! I sure wish it was as easy to lose as it was to gain. All I have to do is look at food and I gain.

Tina, cook..... what is that? I'm glad Pat likes toast and milk, it sure makes my life easier.

4 days and counting! Get this, I may have told ya'll but we have to stay until 6 pm on Friday. Isn't that stupid??? I have to get a new job! That seems to be my mantra :)

We are dog sitting for one of Pat's friend. However the sheltie won't go tinkle for Pat, only me! It's so funny.

I think I'm heading to bed early tonight, I'm worn out!

Oh and my egg, needs to take a hike backwards!!! :(

Tina
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Morning :D :D :D

Many of us seem to be in a rut!!! :( I say that we need a vacation.
How about one of those spas where all they serve you are greens. Yuck...okay I'll think of something else. :lol:

Susan, that is so crazy to make y'all stay until 6 p.m. Isn't there something in the contract that says you do not stay that late!?!
When is your surgery?

Tammy, have you decided which classes to take?
Jeanne, are you planning a summer vacation?
Dori, let us know if you survived the last days of school.
3Meows, you are quiet.

Maureen, how are you?

jar1965
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi ladies!

Tammy - I would LOVE to swing by and pick you up! Wouldn't those girls be shocked if we showed up in Texas! Wooohooo!

Susan - I really wasn't "blaming" you gals for my gain. I was just making small talk! haha! Hope you enjoyed pet sitting.

Tina - Hope you are feeling better as the days go by. I think I love the idea for a spa day! Ok........we really could even force the "greens" down!

I have been OP for several days. I lost 3 of the 4 pounds that I gained. That made me feel a little better. ;)
Vacation - same place as we always go. North Myrtle Beach. July 11th - 19th. Bob and I were there in March and then the girls and I go in July. Bob drives when we go with him. The girls and I fly when it is just us. We are going to see Clint Black while we are there this year.
I am going to "weight" until a few days before we go and stop by dress barn and get a couple of sun dresses. I was there yesterday and saw some cute ones but in the blah mood I've been in, I didn't want to try anything on. I'm hoping I feel a little better about myself closer to vaca time.

Well Bob & I are both off today so we are going to see a matinee and then for groceries. I have sauce & meat in the crock pot for rigatoni's tonight. Yummy!
Have a great day ladies!:hug:

Tammy
06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Tina, another woman and I talked at class this morning. We are going to cut back to 2 days a week over the summer. We are going to take a Pilates class, and then right after that is a Zumba class. Thought if we'd do them together we'd have fun. don't get the cookbook! You don't want to cook!! I think we could all go to a spa, but I want to have ice cream for every meal while we are there.

Susan, why on earth are they making you stay until 6:00? I know one year we stayed until 8:00 on a Friday night, but that was our choice so we didn't have to come back in on Monday. Funny about the sheltie not going for Pat!

Jeanne, losing those pounds has to make you feel better! Way to go!! Your vacation sounds great! I might be going somewhere with a couple of friends over the summer. With Tim's schedule, I don't think he'll be going anywhere. Good idea to wait until closer to vacation about the new clothes.
Rigatoni sounds wonderful! I'm sitting here eating a big salad in hopes that I can use the bathroom before I weigh in tonight at my class. Too much info?

Tina
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Afternoon,
LOL Tammy---you made me laugh! We do the craziest things before we weigh, don't we!
Yesterday I went to an ENT doctor. Wow, they didn't take my blood pressure or have a scale. The nurse asked about how much I weighed. :lol:
Okay, I don't know what a Zumba class means. It sounds like an African dance. :D
Jeanne, I love your plans for summer. Bravo for losing weight. Keep it up! How was supper? You inspired me to get my crock pot cookbooks out.

Dori, thanks for the encouragement. If I can get rid of this sinus/throat infection, I vow to stay well for the rest of the year.

Susan, how many more hours!!!!!!!
Maureen, :wave:

Tammy
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
We definitely do strange things before we weigh. One night a couple months ago, a woman took off her pants before she got weighed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're all women in the class, but my goodness! LOL to the nurse asking about how much you weighed.

"Zumba is a fusion of Latin dance themes creating an exciting, effective fitness program! Routines feature aerobic/fitness training with fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. It is fun and easy to do!" I copied that from the Y program guide that I had sitting in front of me.

I used to use my crock pots all the time. I had 1 large and 1 small, and they were in use almost every day of the week. Sold those 2 at our auction and Tim bought us a newer one for our anniversary a couple years ago. After he went to college, I bought a much smaller one for Bob and me to use. We even took that one to Georgia with us when we went for the month.

Hoping I get to move my butterfly after I get back from class tonight.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow for weigh ins!

Sis
06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi everyone. Hope your day is going well. Not much going on. I have been doing pretty well with my water intake. Its amazing how much better you feel when you get in your water. I'm doing a little better with the food side. Not great but definately better. I'm telling myself "baby steps."
Tammy, Zumba is fun, but I would have to take the intro class before trying it again. I did it one day with my daughter and only made it 1/2 hour and I thought I was going to pass out! LOL It was a lot of fun though even if I couldn't keep up. It looks easy til you do it. I can definately see how it would help with losing weight.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.....

Tammy
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Sis, glad to hear that someone has tried Zumba and thinks it is fun. I'm sure I'll have to improvise on stuff like I do now, and that's ok.

I was only down .6 at weigh in tonight, so I can't move my butterfly. The leader told me that she thinks maybe I need to bump up the exercise some. I just looked at her. I know that I'm doing alot more than many others in the class, and honestly I am ok with losing slowly (at least I'm losing finally). I was pretty discouraged about her comment.

auntie
06-04-2009, 12:01 AM
2 MORE DAYS!!!! then freedom!!!!! :carrot:

Ya'll crack me up!!!! I needed a good laugh!

Jeanne, I knew you weren't blaming us! :hug: But could you give me a good swift kick to get in gear!!!

Tina, I had NO idea was Zumba was either! It sounds dangerous to me!!

Tammy, I think a spa with ice cream would be a perfect place!!! Let's go!!!

Sis, I laughed when you said you would pass out, I would be on the floor with you!!!!

I went to the dr today. My surgery is scheduled for next week on June 10. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am! At least I'll still be asleep :) Plus I won't have to go too long without eating since I can eat anything after midnight!

jar1965
06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Morning everyone! The oddest thing..........Weds. I was sitting at a traffic light and the car infront of me had a static cling on their window.........ZUMBA! Then I get on here this morning and there was all this talk about Zumba. Oh no...........I think someones trying to tell me something!!!!:D
Last night we went to the baseball game. (The Butler Blue Sox) Fortunately it was a beautiful evening and we walked to the stadium.

Susan - Good Luck Weds. Keep us posted. I wish I could offer to do something for you......but.......we're too far away!;)

Tammy - .6 is good! :carrot: Don't let the leaders comment affect you! Sometimes, they chose the dumbest things to say to us!!!:hug:

Tina - You know, after you said that about the ENT doctors office, I got to thinking, the one we go to doesn't have one either!:o I hope you get that infection under control soon so you can enjoy the summer.

Sis - Sounds like you are right on track!!! Keep up that healthy water intake! Thats what I need to work on!

Well I have to get ready for work! Oh that darn chocolate!!!!

Have a great day!

Tammy
06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Susan, FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!! Wonder where we could find that spa with ice cream? I'm with you on getting there early for the surgery. I've had to not eat after midnight before, and then I don't have to be there till 10 or 11, and then they run late! aargh!

Jeanne, I do think someone is trying to tell you to do Zumba. do it, and we'll compare notes! I'm still a little bothered by the leader's comments, but I'm getting better about it. I have good days with water and then not so good days. I haven't had any chocolate for a while. Maybe I could sub for you for a couple of days!

Tim and I were going to do lunch after church, and I said I just wanted to sleep. I slept almost 2 hours, and I still feel exhausted. Maybe I'm doing too much. I think cutting back to 2 days a week will help this summer.

Hope you have a had a great weekend!

Tina
06-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi all,
Sis, that's great about drinking your water. I've been trying. Do you get bottled water or drink diet drinks without caffiene? The bottles seem to get me to focus on the amount.

Susan, how long with surgery take? We'll be there in spirit since we won't be in the waiting room. :hug:
Tammy, I could use some sleep. (Larry woke up with sciatica and I have caught his sore throat. We stayed home today.)
Please forget what that stupid woman said to you. I know it hurt but you know how great you've been doing with all your exercise.
Jeanne, how was the baseball game?

Dori, have you relaxed yet?
Maureen, do post!!!

:flow1:

jar1965
06-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Day 7 ..............

wooosh

jar1965
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Happy Monday all!

I have had a couple of pieces of chocolate today!:( It's sooooo hard!!!
Jessica made us nice big salads for lunch today so I am eating that while checking in with you guys. Has anyone tried the WW Cream Cheese? Mmmmm, I LOVE it with fresh celery! I too, am trying to get my water intake where it should be. urghhh!

We are suppose to be walking to the stadium for the blue sox game tonight, but............it is looking like rain. We have box seats, but no roof!!! Yikes!

Took a sneek peek on the scale this morning and it "says" I lost 1 more pound. I am not changing my ticker until Thurs. though.

Well everyone have a great day and stay positive! (kinda funny coming from me, ehh!)

auntie
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Howdy,

Well today is my first official day off!!!! I've steam cleaned the carpet. URGH!!! Well, you know it's my obsession!! I have to have it clean before I have surgery :)

I got out of school Friday at 6:00 pm and went to bowling at 7:00. I went straight there! I had the beer waiting. Then we went to eat dinner. We got home late. Pat had just gone to bed when I got home. When I called him as I was leaving school, he said "go have fun, it's going to be a while before you could do it."

Saturday, we went to the Indy Car Races. Of course it was a blast, got home at 1 am. Yesterday, he cooked a great dinner and then we went to the park. I rode and he walked.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting my girlfriend for lunch and then manicure and pedicures. It's my last big thing.

Surgery should take about an hour. I'm first so I should be done and home pretty early (I hope) I have my lovely boot already and have to take it to the hospital.

Off to move the fans to dry another part of the carpet.

Tammy
06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Tina, I find that I drink more water when I drink out of bottles, so I always have several in the fridge. Grab one, drink it, refill (I know, some people say not to do that), grab a cold one later and drink it. How is your throat?

Jeanne, I haven't tried that cream cheese. Did you make it to the game?

Susan, any way you could come up and do my carpet? It is definitely in need of a cleaning. I told Tim I want it done before Lauren and her mom come over the 4th of July. Sounds like you had a good weekend! I met some other retired teachers for lunch today. It's always fun to get together with friends.

Tina
06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Happy Tuesday!
Tammy, I do the same thing with the water bottles.
My throat problem has been cured (knock on wood) by the antibiotics. Now, Larry has shared his cold with me. My nose is all congested. If it's not one thing.......

Susan, I'm glad you're having some fun.

Everyone have a great day, I plan on it.;)

auntie
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I believe SOMEONE here has a little BIRTHDAY today!!!!

:bday2you::bday2you:Happy birthday DEARRRRRRRRRR TINA!!!!!
:bday2you::celebrate:

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!:woo:

auntie
06-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Ok now,

Tina, have a GREAT day!!!! Tell Larry he is a sweetie, but STOP sharing with you!!!! Happy Birthday!!

Tammy, cutting back to 2 class a week would be good. Oh, I would love to come clean your carpets. Isn't it sick??? Pat thinks I'm crazy! It's because I can see progress.....unlike my losing weight!

Jeanne, how's the asthma doing? Hopefully better! I just got my inhaler refilled. I hardly use it but when I need it, I need it! Lots of junk in the air now. I'm allergic to everything! They just moved my allergy shots to every 3 weeks so we'll see if I have luck with that. I've been on them forever!

I'm running errands and trying to do last minute stuff.

Last night, I must have had all the weird dreams I could. So I think I must be a little more nervous than I think. I am nervous but didn't that much!

Maureen, how's Canada? We have a friend who is doing an internship up there. Pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to go even more. I think he is in Ottawa at the State Office. I think...

Dori, are you out yet??

Off to get ready the rest of the way!!! Have a great day! Drink your water!

jar1965
06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi girls! It is going to be a TERRIFIC TUESDAY right?!!??!?:D I stopped at the store on my way into work this morning and picked up some 100 calorie packs and a pack of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, so if I need something, hopefully I will pick one of those items instead of the chocolate. A girl I work with says 1 piece of "our" choc. is 1 point! Well, I'm hear to tell ya, I can eat all my points in chocolate then!!!

TINA - :gift::balloons::hb: Hope you are feeling better!

Susan - I just had my carpets scrubbed, I'm kinda embarassed to say this, but I paid a company to do mine!!!! :dizzy: My carpets are cream to light tan in color and I get them done every 6 months because we have a black dog. But, they do the entire house for $132. So I try to convince myself that the time, energy, machine and soap would cost me that! hahahaha!
Oh my! Well, I hope you are enjoying your time off. You will do wonderful tomorrow. (it is tom. isn't it?!?) Keep us posted! Oh yea, I have nightmares before things like even going to the dentist!!! Urgh!!!

Tammy - hi! Yes we went to the game. We try to make it to EVERY home game. It is so close to our house. We didn't walk though, we were dodging raindrops! The girls and I are going to Saturdays game. It's fireworks night too! We will walk down that night because parking will be unbarable!

Sis, Maureen & Dori - Hope things are good for you!

maureen kempster
06-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone
Tina-Happy Birthday-what is it? 29 with a year or two experience lol??? I don't know about you but I feel better than people half my age so I certainly don't mind the birthdays.

Susan-come on up-if your friend's in Ottawa that's where I am-actually just across the river on the Quebec side-but I work in Ottawa-it's all considered the Ottawa Region-I work in downtown Ottawa-just one bus ride less than 30 minutes.
You know I have no problem with my water, but ladies I just seem to be on a junk food binge lately-I can't seem to stop and I honestly feel just horrible. I really just hate myself-
On that up note I'll sign off for now but I really do hope we all do great tomorrow

Tammy
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Just a quick note! Susan texted me that she is home, she hurts, and she is out of it! (Can't imagine being out of it after a surgery! lol)

Tina
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Tammy, thanks for the update!

Tammy
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Tina, please tell Larry that I said to quit sharing things with you! And Happy Birthday by the way!!

Susan, hope you feel a bit better when you read this, and then you can make plans to come and clean my carpet whenever you want.

Jeanne, yum to the ice cream sandwiches! I bought some too.

Maureen, I think I am in the mood for junk food right now.

Tina
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Everyone, thank you for the birthday wishes! :):):)
I'm now the proud owner of a Sony notebook computer! I am sooooo excited. We spent several hours tonight setting things on it.
I'm having some problems getting a password from A.T.& T. I'll have to call them tomorrow.
I have not been OP since yesterday. Wonder why! :lol: My cake is delicious. I ate enough for all of you. :)

jar1965
06-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Tina - Thanks for letting us know about Susan!
Mmmmmm, cake sounds wonderful! Nice Gift too!

Well hi to everyone! Have a great day and I hope everyone has great WI results!

I'm off to work in the Pittsburgh store today and there is no pc there! Bummer!:( It makes for a long day!

Tammy
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Tina, how cool about the computer! I'm sure the cake was yummy, and thanks for eating our share. lol

Jeanne, bummer about no pc.

Susan, how are you feeling today?

Nothing going on today until I meet a friend for lunch later. We also do a small bible study while we eat.

Tina
06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Afternoon,
Here I sit using my laptop. If I make mistakes, forgive me because I'm not used to this keyboard. Also, my PC has a "real" mouse with the wheel in the middle. That way you just use it to scroll up or down. This thing has a "mouse square thingy." Don't you love my description! :lol:
I'm having so much fun that I haven't eaten much of anything today. Maybe this is a good way to stay OP.

Sis, how are you doing????? :hug:

Susan, I hope you are feeling better today.

Tammy having lunch with friends is so much fun.

Jeanne, it was Tammy who heard from Susan but whatever---we're happy she made it through surgery okay. How was the Pittsburg store today!!! Does that store make donuts?

Dori, have you wound down from school?
Maureen, don't worry about the junk food. We all need some. That's one good thing about WW. We can just count it as points....maybe all of the flex points. :lol:

Tammy
06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Tina, I had to chuckle about using the new laptop. Whenever I use ours, I get totally messed up. I still have not gotten used to the mouse thing. And yes, I do love the description because it sounds like the way I would do it!!!

Last week our instructor at the Y told us we would be doing spinning on Wed. and Fri. this week. I groaned inside and kind of made plans in my head to just walk the track or do the cardio room on those days. On Monday, she told us we wouldn't be doing the spinning because there were quite a few in the class who let her know they didn't want to do that. (I wasn't one of them.) Today the instructor was sick, and the person who was taking her class took us to the spinning room! I decided to go, give it a try, and not overdo it. This instructor went slow and explained things because there were 2 women who had never done it before. I did so much better than I did a few months ago. I didn't stand up when they did that portion because that was what caused me problems before. She told me no problem. Other than my backside hurting, I really enjoyed it!

This weekend is "Poultry Days" here in town. It's quite a big deal. The parade is in the morning, there is a huge craft tent, rides for the kids, plenty of non-healthy food, a beer tent (they even block off 2 highways to set that up!). There will be bands playing at the beer tent in the evenings, and I can sit on the porch and listen to them without going up to where all the crazies are. lol

Have a great weekend!

maureen kempster
06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Good morning-It's a little after 5AM and for some reason I can't get back to sleep, so here I am on the computer listening to a radio station on the computer that broadcasts from Edmonton-I'm going to a meeting at 8:30 this morning, I know that I've gained-at least that's the way I feel-so I've promised myself that I won't beat myself up this time but just pull up my socks and smarten up-stick to program and do something positive-did I tell you ladies that I bought a bike a few weeks ago? Well, I haven't even taken it out yet-so maybe this weekend! So that's where I'm at right now.

Tammy, sounds like you're going to have a nice weekend and not even having to leave your porch
Susan, I hope you're feeling better after your surgery

Tina, I've never been able to get the hang of a laptop-let me know how you like it-
Well, I hope we all have a good weekend-I'll check in again after I come back from the meeting

take care

PS. can anyone tell me how we get the tickers?? I've tried and can't seem to do it right

Tammy
06-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Maureen, hope things go well at the meeting! I try not to beat myself up either anymore. Just jump back on the wagon and go from there.

I will be heading up to the festivities later this morning. The local Christian radio station is broadcasting from there, and I'm helping out with that from noon to 2. Just hope they don't want me to talk on the air. Passing out bumper stickers and magnets I can do. I also plan to hit the craft tent. I just had Maurice out, and I can smell the stuff for the bbq chicken! I may have to get some to bring home!

I know how to do the tickers, but I don't know if I can explain. Maybe I'll run through it, write it down on paper, and then come back and post.

Have a great day everyone!

Tammy
06-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Maureen, I am ready with instructions! I hope I'm a bit clearer than mud for you. lol

1. Go to User CP at the top of the page on the left. Click on it.
2. Under Control Panel, click on Edit Signature.
3. Next page under the sample ticker, click where it says "click here" to get started. There is also a place to click if you have questions.
4. Next page - Starting, current, and goal. I do pounds lost, so I typed in 0 for the starting weight, 17 for current, and 50 for goal.
5. Next, there are 7 pages of backgrounds to choose from. Choose one that you like, then go to the next step.
6. Next, there are 4 pages of sliders. Choose one you like, then go on.
7. Next, copy the code (In red it says, "use THIS code for 3FC"
8. Go back to the page with the sample ticker. Paste the code in place where it says Your Signature.9. Click on Preview to see if it looks right, if it does, then click on Save Signature.

That's it! Hope it works!!!

Ladybug2680
06-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Ladies, school is finally out. We had to do three days of post planning last week with Wednesday being our last day. I did find out what I will most likely be teaching next year.

6th Grade Math Resource
6th Grade Math Inclusion
6th Grade Math Inclusion
6th Grade Social Studies Inclusion

I'm hoping it will stay like that because I have taught 6th Grade Math for the past two years. I know the standards along with the pacing guide. So we'll see what happens.

Weight wise I have fallen off the wagon. I'm thinking I need to go see a weight specialist or a nutritionist. I'm really not sure I can do it on my own. I have a close friend who told me that it really is a lifestyle change and you have to be the one who is ready to make the change. I guess I'm not ready to yet. Which I don't understand because you would think with the health related issues I would be more than ready. Anyways. Enough rambling.

maureen kempster
06-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Well I'm not suprised but I am mad at myself-I gained 4 lbs in a month!!! tomorrow I'm going for a bike ride with my sister and her family and starting monday I'll be walking home from work-it's a 3 mile walk and takes me about 50 to 55 minutes. I have to do something this is really stupid.

Anyway I think I added a tracker let's see
Have a great evening

maureen

Tammy
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Dori, glad that school is out, and that you know most likely what you will be teaching next year. I think I would enjoy teaching those classes. I taught math, science, and social studies only for many years, and I really liked it.

I don't think it would hurt one bit for you to go to a nutritionist. I do agree that you have to be ready to make the change to make it a commitment for a lifetime. Keep in mind that we are here for you, and we will give you any support that you need. You can do this!

Maureen, nice tracker! My accountability partner at my class on Wed. night, gained more than 4 in one week, so 4 pounds in a month isn't so bad, right? It sounds like you are ready to get started on some activity, which we all know is good for us. You go girl!!

How is everyone else?

Tina
06-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Maureen, I love your tracker. Glad you finally figured it out (with Tammy's help)! Walking sounds like a great idea. Those 4 pounds will come off real fast by walking. Biking will help, too.

Dori, that's great that you kind of know what you'll be teaching. You know, WW "teaches" that this is not a diet but a lifestyle of healthy eating. ( I may not have said that the correct way.) Do whatever makes it easier for you.

Tammy, did you eat any of that bbq that you smelled. :lol: Did you have to talk on the air?

Sis, how was your week? I hope it was a good OP one.

Susan, if you read this, we are all hoping you get better quickly.

Jeanne, are you working this weekend? I hope you can spend some quality time just for yourself.

It's hot, hot, hot here. Peaches are in the stores now. I got several yesterday and ate all of them. Today, I got some red, seedless grapes. I love blueberries but can't have them right now because they contain a whole lot of Vitamin K. That helps the blood to clot and I can't have that while on blood thinner. Boo!
Everyone have a good Sunday.

Tammy
06-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Tina, I did end up talking on the air briefly. Joel stuck the microphone in my face! I probably didn't sound very intelligent. And yes to the bbq chicken! One of the town's sponsors came over and gave the 3 of us tickets for free meals! Woo hoo! Free is good, and the chicken was out of this world. I'm considering going back up today with Tim and having it again.

Peaches sound good right now. I need to hit the store later, so maybe I'll get some. Too bad about the blueberries! I like them too.

It is about 62 degrees here right now, and supposed to get into the 70's. I'm glad it's not hot like it is where you are.

Not sure what all the day holds. Tim is still asleep, at least I think he's here! I heard him leave in the night for a rescue squad run, and I didn't hear him come home. Maybe I'll go see if his car is here.

maureen kempster
06-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Good morning
Tammy, thank you for the info on the tracker-you know if you didn't pay for the chicken I don't think there's any calories!!!! LOL-It looks like it's going to be a nice day today-I'm not sure now about the bike ride but I'm definetly getting out for a walk-the stores all have sales right now so I'll incorporate them in my walk-I hope we all have a great day on program we all deserve it and are so worth it-take care

'til later

maureen

Tammy
06-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Maureen, I think you are on to something about no calories since I didn't pay for the chicken. Makes sense to me!

I ended up sleeping most of the day. I had taken some pain medicine Sat. night, and I know that it usually knocks me out, especially when I am tired. I guess I must have been tired because I don't remember much of the day.

Let's all have a great week this week!

My two best friends and I are going away tomorrow afternoon, staying overnight in southern Indiana, and we'll be home Tuesday afternoon/evening. We plan to hit a casino, eat, and hit lots of shops! Fun!

Tina
06-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Happy Monday! :)
Tammy, have a blast on your little trip. Win some money for all of us, okay!

Sis, how are you doing? Please check in with us.

Jeanne, what did you all do over the weekend?

Dori, are you chillin out?

Maureen, How was that exercise over the weekend? Did you pass on the bike riding? Boy, it would've given you heat exhaustion if you'd been down here. Our heat index was way over 100 degrees.
Susan, how are you doing?

I tried a new recipe and I'll post it today. It's pineapple salsa.

maureen kempster
06-15-2009, 07:22 PM
well I made it through the day and stayed on program, now's the test-I find when I get home I'm bored and I eat crap-or too much-I walked home(3 miles) and it took me 55 minutes. I feel good so far but it's early in the week yet-fingers crossed and mouth shut!!
have a good evening all

maureen

Tina
06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Maureen, you're so funny. :hug:
I find that some time I just have to take all the good stuff out of the house. Today, I was like you. I could've eaten any and everything. The only "good" thing here was a pint of sugar free vanilla ice cream. That had to do. :lol:
Good luck. I'm sure you can do this!

auntie
06-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Guess who is a live???? ME!!!!!!!!

Let me tell ya'll.......this is NOT a fun surgery!!! Not that surgery is fun... but the pain meds had me out of it! I was on 2 different pain killers (one stronger one and a lower dose) an antibiotic, and something for my stomach. Pat has been a good nurse!!!!!! He has taken very good care of me but I'm ready to get up. I go to the doctor on Thursday so I'm going to ask what my limitations are. Pat would have me here with my foot up the whole time. My hinney is getting sore!!! I think I'm all caught up on my sleep!!!!! and then some!!!!

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Tina
06-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Susan,
Welcome back to the world of the living!!!!!
:lol:

Tammy
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Maureen, good for you for walking and staying OP!

Tina, I am eating some sugar free/fat free ice cream right now, and it is yummy! I don't feel so guilty eating it. I did win a little, but not enough to share. lol

Susan, good to hear from you! I'm sure you have been dopey with all the meds. Glad to know that Pat is taking care of you. Maybe you should have your foot up all the time.

maureen kempster
06-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Susan-good to hear from you-Tammy, my sister is taking her 3 boys to the rollercoaster park in Ohio(is that what it is) or is it just an amusement park with humongeous rollercoasters?? They're going in August-is that near you? Day 3 and I'm still sticking to program-also walked home again today-if I can stick to eating right I can't see any reason not to lose some of this extra weight-in my job-i'm also going up and down the stairs all the time-well here's to another day see you all tomorrow-does any one here use a pedometer? I bought one on sunday and it's so sensitive that I keep hitting the button and resetting it to 0!!! I'd like to hit at least 10000 steps a day
maureen

Tammy
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Maureen, I wonder if she is taking the boys to Cedar Point? That's about 3 1/2 hours from me. They have several roller coasters there. another park in Ohio is Kings Island, and it is in the southern part of the state, about 2 hours from me.

I have started using my pedometer again lately. It is amazing how when I wear it, I intentionally will walk more just to see the numbers go up. Good for you for sticking with it!

auntie
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I love pedometers but never seem to have luck with one. I want one that can go in my pocket and not count everytime I move as walking. I know they are out there but not sure which brand to get. I like to see the number go up too! So easily entertained.

Tammy
06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
My pedometer is really pretty close on the mark to the miles/steps. When I did the cancer walk for the local group a couple Saturdays ago, the walk was 3 miles. My pedometer was just a bit under 3 miles, while others in the group had theirs reading more than 3 miles. Mine is called "The Clicker" and it is from Optimal Health Products in San Antonio! www.optimalhealthproducts.com

A bunch of us at school got them several years ago. The PE teacher is the one who convinced us that this is the one we wanted, and we got a good deal by ordering in bulk. Have no idea what the price was anymore.

Reflexology at noon today, then I don't know what. I like days like that! lol

Hope you all have a great day!

Tina
06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I guess I'd better get a pedometer, too. I don't want to feel left out. :lol:
Today, I'm having two maids come clean my kitchen and one bathroom. I'm so excited. I've never had a maid.:carrot: After the surgery and blood clots, I haven't been able to clean like I want.

Everyone take care and stay OP.

maureen kempster
06-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi everyone-I didn't walk home yesterday or today but I'm on day 5 and still sticking to program-I bought a cheap pedometer yesterday and it's not too bad-I'm aiming for a minimum of 10000 steps (I think I mentioned that the other day!!!)even without walking home I've managed to accumulate 8005 so far-I don't think I'll add too much more tonight.
Tina, lucky you with the maids!! I hope you're not one of those people who clean the house up before the maid gets there so they won't think you're a slob?? LOL I'm sure your place isn't too bad anyway but at least you'll feel pampered-you should have gone to a spa while they were there now that would be pampering
any way, all have a great evening

maureen

auntie
06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I just realized I posted on the wrong thread so I cut and pasted it here.

I can't even begin to weigh because this boot weighs about 10 pounds. I can't stand without it so that pretty much sums that up. I better be losing since I can't eat unless it's brought to me.

I went to the doctor today (saw the PA) they cut the bandage off and then took xrays again. It hurt when they took the wrap from between my toes (my baby toes). It looks really good. Now I have to keep a spacer between my big toe and the next one, keep a bandage over the stitches and wear my boot. I'm to stay off of it as much as possible. With Pat, I can't be up at all!!!! I know it's because he wants it to heal the right way. I just want to be able to get up some! :) Poor little me!!

It's suppose to be close to 100 today!!! Glad I'm house bound!

Tina
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
A spa sounds like a good thing!!!
Maureen, instead of that spa, I went and bought lots of Vinca plants and planted them in my front flower beds. I'm so tired and sore tonight.
Thank you for the compliment about a nice, clean house. The kitchen was not, especially the stove top and vent. They were terrible. That poor maid was sweating up a storm and was really looking tired when she finished. She worked over an hour in there. (I must say that I have a very large kitchen. :lol:)
I'm proud of you for staying OP.
Susan, let Pat take care of you!
Tammy, did you goof off today?

Sis, you're awfully quiet. :hug:
Dori, what's going on?

Jeanne, are you feeling okay? I hope you're not working too hard.

I promised that recipe for pineapple salsa. I'll go find it and post it tomorrow.

Tammy
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
We can all have pedometers and compare steps/miles!

Tina, good for you for having someone come and clean for you. Bob and I had planned to do that, and after he was gone, the lady came once. I didn't have her come back though, and I probably should have kept it up. Having Tim home has helped with quite a bit though. Also since I'm feeling better, I can do more (not the bathrooms like I want though).

Now don't be overdoing things! Do you think you overdid it with the plants?
After reflexology I came home, did laundry, went to the grocery, and didn't do much else till it was time to fix supper. I have had pineapple salsa before, and it is soooooo yummy! I didn't make it though. I've also tried strawberry and blueberry salsa. Yum.

Maureen, 10,000 steps is about 5 miles, so you are doing great. Some days I go over that, and others about half. I don't wear my pedometer for the class at the Y.

Susan, just reading about them removing the bandages gave me chills thinking about it. Ouch! I agree with Pat!

Tim has his exams tomorrow, then he is finished till fall semester begins the end of August. He will be so relieved to be done with these classes. He is just too busy. Hope his grades are ok.

After classes tomorrow, he can come home and relax because he doesn't work tomorrow night. He doesn't know it, but Lauren is coming over, and she should be here when he gets home from school! Surprise!!! Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, so I'm glad they'll be around.

jar1965
06-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone! Wow!!! You are all sooooo busy and doing so well staying OP!:carrot:
I am on 7 days straight at work and it is Fathers Day w/e - so I'm constantly on the go! Just wanted to say hi and I'll get caught up with all the posts and my WI soon.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!:hug:

auntie
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Morning,

Pat's out mowing. I'm in my chair with my foot UP!!! The honeymoon is over!! I'm tired of doing this! I think Pat's tired of doing it too. He's starting to get a little short on patience :) Oh well, I hopefully have just a little longer!

I think he needs to be the full time cook because he is much better than I am.

I weighed this morning with the boot on! and I think I might be down close to 6 pounds (not counting the boot). If so I should be back down to my lowest.

I got my stretch bands and started doing them in the chair so I'm not just sitting here watching tv and reading.

Tammy, Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a peaceful day. Glad Lauren and Tim spent it with you!

Tina, how are you feeling? I want that new salsa... it sounds yummy!

Jeanne, Father's day is a busy candy day???? YUM....... I like mine with nuts or carmels PLEASE!

Maureen, you go girl walking! You should be proud of yourself!

Tammy
06-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Jeanne, you are one busy gal! I think I could use some candy right now.

Susan, glad to hear you have your foot up. Woo hoo to being down in weight! Getting the stretch bands and doing something will make you feel better.

Tim is at EMT classes till 5, then he works from Arby's from 6-midnight. He won't be home till about 1. He and Lauren saw each other for a few minutes before he left this morning. Poor Lauren is stuck with me all day.

We are going to my brother's house about 6:30 for pizza and a just a little get-together. Both of my brothers and their families are leaving on Thursday for Australia! One group will be there for 2 weeks, and the other one for a month. He and his wife and daughter will be staying with some friends they made on a cruise a couple years ago for the 2nd two weeks. I don't like the idea of both of them being gone and I can't get in contact with them easily, but I'm glad they can make the trip.

Tina
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi,
Wow, Tammy, a trip to Australia!!! I think we should all get in their cases and go, too.
Susan, I'm glad you're doing some better. Pat has really been taking care of you.
Jeanne, I forgot you'd be busy for Father's Day. Of course!

Sis, how are you doing?

Dori, what are your summer plans?

Tammy
06-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Tina, it's a thought to get into those cases! They had asked me to go last summer, but at that time I had no interest at all. Still not sure that I would make the trip. that's an awfully long flight, and I know how stiff I get on a 2 hour flight.

Tim ended up getting out of EMT class early (about 1:00), so he came on home. Glad he and Lauren get some time together. I don't think he works tomorrow day, so they'll have most of the day tomorrow before she leaves to head back home.

maureen kempster
06-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone-you all seem so busy-well I did weigh in this morning and was down 2 lbs so I was happy about that-then I met up with my ex sister-in-law(1st marriage) so we've known each other over 40 yrs. I'm not kidding I think we walked over 10 miles today-I don't think, I know we did so I'm ready for a nice hot bath right now-but it was a great way to spend the day-so I hope you all have a super weekend-
Tina, I forgot, how are you liking the laptop now?

any way take care

Tammy
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Maureen, way to go on losing the 2 pounds! That's alot of walking! I'm sure that nice hot bath felt great. Glad you got to spend some time with her.

I spent the day with a couple of friends. After church we went for lunch to Panera Bread (yum!), went to HH Gregg, Target, laughed, talked, and had a great time.

Classes every day this week, so it should be interesting.

Tina
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
My laptop is wonderful! :D:D:D I'm finally getting used to not having a real mouse. :lol: It's nice to be able to sit on the sofa and compute.

Maureen, that's a great loss. I'm planning on starting again on the treadmill. Things have been a little frantic around here lately.

We are selling our house! Larry isn't able to do the upkeep now. The poor house is about to fall down around us. We'd like to get a townhouse. First thing is to sell this. Needless to say, I've been "staging" the rooms and cleaning. Now, I'm tackling the closets. After 21 years, we have a few things.

Tammy, I'm so glad Tim took some time for he and Lauren.
Susan, how's that foot?
Jeanne, I hope you could take the day off. Hopefully all your working didn't upset your asthma.
Dori, what's up?

Sis, are you able to remain OP? We'd love to hear from you!!!!!!!

Tammy
06-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Tina, will you be looking for a new place near where you are now? Why don't you just come to Ohio and live close to me?

Tina
06-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Ohio is a little too far. Larry is still working here.
We hope to find a place (old or new) in this area.
(I'd love to live near you!)

Tammy
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I think Larry could commute from Ohio. I could drive him. I drive fast. lol

Getting ready to head to the Y for pilates and zumba. Wonder if I should take pain medicine before I go?

auntie
06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
As you are taking Larry to work, swing by and I'll go with you! It will make the trip fun!!!!!!! Larry may shove us out of the car! :) Wonder if Pat wants to move up there too???? Him and Larry could carpool and we could just stay home and play :D

Tammy, let us know if you can walk after class today! Girl you are always on the go!

Tina, how exciting! I should act like we are moving and clean stuff out.

Pat keeps asking what do I want for my birthday. I don't need ANYTHING or want anything!!!! except to be thin! I told him that I want to make a donation to Meals on Wheels! that can be my birthday present. They are struggling here and are talking about cutting meals to only 1 a day for seniors and none on the weekend. That is not acceptable! Not sure what I can do accept give a donation.

I go on Thursday for my stitches out. YEA!!!! and hopeful one more week of just sitting with my foot up! It gets old!!!!!! You know me and my patience for things like that! :wink:

Jeanne, got chocolate for us????

Maureen, you are really doing a good job. I have an ex-sister in law that I've know since I was 7 or 8. She is STILL my sister in law. I love her dearly!!!! She always will be too!!! Wish she lived closer.

Dori, hope you are doing something fun!

maureen kempster
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone
Well I'm still sticking to program-I forgot how humid it is in Ottawa-I'm sitting here just sweating - I guess it's cheaper than building a sauna lol-maybe I'll sweat off a pound or two-I walked to work yesterday and today and also walked about half way home-it was just so hot that I caught a bus. Tammy the park my sister and her boys are going to is Cedar Point(Cedar something anyway)
Tina, How's the house market in your neck of the woods? I'm sure you won't have a hard time selling your place-
You know I was looking at the date a lot of us joined this site and it's 10 years ago-!!! we really should all meet up somewhere sometime.

Any way have a super day tomorrow. I told you I live in Gatineau Quebec which is just across the river from Ottawa-well tomorrow is a holiday in Quebec (Saint Jean Baptiste Day) so everyone here is celebrating-stores, businesses are closed, buses run on Sunday schedule so tomorrow I'll be walking to work for sure!!!

take care
maureen

Tammy
06-23-2009, 11:16 PM
I like the idea of having Larry and Pat carpool to Texas from Ohio. The 3 of us could take classses at the Y, sit and watch tv and eat bon-bons, and just hang out while they work.

I loved the classes especially zumba! I smiled through the whole class. The music is so upbeat and fun. Lots of the steps I knew from taking an aerobics class many years ago. I hope I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning to go to the aerobics class.

Susan, I like the idea of a donation to Meals on Wheels for your birthday. Good thought!

Maureen, maybe we can all come and join you in your sauna. When is your sister going to be at Cedar Point? Why don't you come with her and we'll do lunch! I can't believe I've been coming to 3fc for 10 years! Amazing.
Happy Saint Jean Baptiste Day!

I need to go to bed.

auntie
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I do think we need to meet someday. It would be so much fun!!!! I was the late comer because I just looked and came in 2001. I remember that I knew right way, this was MY KIND OF GROUP!!!!!!! I'm glad I stuck around!!!

Ya'll are all awesome and I am fortunate to be with such a group!!!!

I think I might be down another pound. It's hard to weigh with this boot on!!!

Tina
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree that we're a great group! :carrot: Could I be prejudice? :lol:
Susan, didn't you come before 2001? It seems like you had to start your site over for some reason.
Whatever, we have some fun here, don't we!

Sis, you are too quiet. We'd like to hear from you.

Oh, have I mentioned that it's HOT down here in TX!!!!! The electric bill will be way too much this month. I'm keeping the house extra cool for the buyers who will be coming to look.

Tina
06-25-2009, 11:55 AM
:bday2you: SUSAN :bday2you:

maureen kempster
06-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Happy birthday Susan hope you enjoy and a whole lot more

maureen

Tammy
06-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Tina, it's hot in Ohio, but not as hot as Texas I don't think. I agree about keeping the house cool for buyers. Also have some type of candle or potpourri out that smells like cinnamon or apple pie baking.

Susan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sure Pat took you out dancing, right? (I could see that in your boot!)

Went for a massage this afternoon. The massage lady is the MIL of the pilates and zumba instructor! Small world. One wore me out in the morning, and the other one made me feel good this afternoon.

auntie
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! let's see.... it was pretty exciting.... went to the doctor and got my stitches out, Pat had to run into work so I sat in the car for about 10 minutes (with the ac on), then went to lunch, got my allergy shot, the went by the AAA store. Then home, I was exhausted!!! I sat in the chair the rest of the day!

The doctor said, stay off my foot as much as possible. BOO!!!! It will heal faster! Have to be in the boot for sure 6 weeks, which takes us up to the week prior to our vacation. I saw xrays of my foot prior to surgery and now. Wow, there is a big difference. I didn't know my toe was crooked! He showed how he took pieces of bone out of my toe/joint to make it straight and put the screw in, and then they release some tissue so it would stop pulling my toe. Strange, I didn't know all that was involved.

Pat is doing a great job taking care of me!

Tammy, you take it easy!!!! Don't over do it! Don't worry what the measurements say....... if 2 are consistent go with those! You are doing a great job and are very active!!!

Tina, how's the house going? Is it hot down there? It has been in the 100's the last few days. I know San Antonio has had about a week of it, so I'm sure ya'll have too.

Maureen, thanks for my birthday wish!

Jeanne, what's going on?

Sis, where are you? We miss you!

Dori, are you enjoying summer?

Tina
06-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Hi,
I hope everyone had a good Saturday. I worked in the house getting things picked up, thrown away and put in the truck and taken to storage. My cut on my leg was huring and pink tonight. I'm going to stay on the sofa the rest of the weekend.
It is very hot here. For about 5 days now the heat index has been over 100!
Everyone take it easy tomorrow.

maureen kempster
06-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Good morning all-

What do I do more than anyone here?(I think) I move-well I moved this weekend-I think I'm going to really like this apartment-it's a restored older place-the nice big baseboards etc-so I spent all weekend sorting-considering I just moved back east 7 months ago I sure accumulated quite a bit of stuff. Well for sure now I'll be in Ottawa for at least a year-I just signed a lease!!lol-because I had to wait for the cable guy yesterday I didn't make it to weigh in but according to my scale I've managed to lose a few pounds but I'm not moving my tracker until next Saturday. We have wednesday off Canada Day-so that will break the week nicely.
Everyone have a great day

drink your water in this heat it has to be good for us

maureen

Tammy
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Susan, you sure had quite a bit done during that surgery. You'll be up and about before you know it.

Tina, I don't like heat. It is going to only be up to 80 today, so I can handle that. How's the house cleaning coming?

Maureen, the new place sounds neat! Older places have so much character. good for you for a couple pounds gone!

I don't have an "official" weigh in until July 15, so I'll be using my home scales. I checked them with the Y and the class on Wed. nights to make sure they are right. amazing that all 3 scales match!

Meeting some of my retired teacher friends for lunch. Panera Bread! Yum.

auntie
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Can you believe today is the last day of June??? It's hard to believe!

Maureen, How exciting moving? It is amazing how much stuff you accummlate? It sounds like a neat place. Enjoy your day off!

Tammy, you'll have a loss! It's hard to believe that the 3 scales are the same. I can't even get the same reading from my own scale.

Tina, any bites on the house?

Jeanne, Dori and Sis, what's new with ya'll? We miss ya!

maureen kempster
07-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello all

We have today off, as I said, it's Canada Day-so it breaks the week up nicely-I found out yesterday that as of Monday the 6th I'm through with my probationary period at work and now I'm a permanent employee-Yeah!!-one less thing to worry about-one of my brothers is coming over this afternoon for a coffee and to take my nice flatten, recycable boxes-then I'm off to a bbq at my sister's (tofu burgers for her and I)-she's a vegan-they wanted me to go with them to Parliament Hill-lots of concerts etc but also lots of people so I'd rather stick close to home-I'll be bringing my bike home from her place too because now I can put it in a storage shed in the back yard instead of lugging it up and down 2 flights of stairs-I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin-
Well I hope you all have a super day and I will be lurking

take care

maureen

Tina
07-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Maureen, Happy Canada Day!!! It sounds like it will be a day of fun and play. :carrot:
I'm so glad you like your place. Hey, send those boxes down here to me! :) I really need some. I'm on my way to Target to buy some heavy plastic containers. (Those are good to use for anything.)

No one has asked to see the house yet. Several have called the realtor to ask the price. After this weekend, the realtor is going to schedule a couple of Open Houses. That means, I must really get the closets cleaned out! :dizzy:
As I've said, we thought we were going to sell this as a tear down. We were convinced to sell the house and the lot because we'd get more money. I didn't plan on cleaning things up like I have been doing. Oh well, it'll make it easier when we do move out.

Everyone enjoy the rest of the day.

Tammy
07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Susan, it surprised me too about the scales being the same. I'm glad though. Of course my new scales are the same ones that the Y has.

Happy Canada Day Maureen! Hooray for being a permanent employee! So nice you won't have to get that bike up and down stairs now.

Tina, I remember the days of getting the house ready for Open Houses or for people to come through. Hope you get a buyer soon!

Tina
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Guess what?!?! Someone came to see the house this afternoon. I went and sat at a Starbucks while they were here.

maureen kempster
07-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Tina, That's great-you'll get it sold in no time-

Tammy
07-02-2009, 09:14 AM
That's great Tina!!!!! Keep us posted!

I'm getting ready to go to the Y, then home to shower, then off to try to give blood. Hope my iron level is better than last week when I tried to donate.

auntie
07-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Yea Tina!!!!

Tammy, I want to give blood too. I asked if I could give before my surgery and they said "NO". I'm ready now, but can't get out to do it. I plan on it as soon as I can!

I'm going to start the July thread!!!