Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Red Rockets Team Chat - Week 2 of BL Summer Challenge

Welcome to June ladies and to week 2 of the BL Summer Challenge.

Is everybody ready to get down to the business of exercise?

Don't forget weigh ins must be posted before 11:59pm tonight.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Good Morning all! Happy Monday Weigh in went good for me. Now just gotta go get my exercise done. Just wanted to pop in and say Hola!! I'll be back later......
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, how goes it? I just ate my organic oatmeal and drank my skim milk. Workout is upcoming in about 45 minutes. I learned something on Friday, workout out post-work is not good for me. Someone at work wanted to swap, so I went in at 9am. That said, I tried to do my workout after work and boy was I tired! Guess a full day's worth of work will do that to ya.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #4  

Happy weigh-in day! I'm down 3.2 pounds for week 1 in spite of the prednisone....YAY!! And ready to start exercising....going to try to get to an aqua aerobics class tonight
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Well TOM weight gain just hit me like a ton of bricks. I usually only gain 1-1.5lbs, but this time I'm up 4.6lbs! I hate to use up a freebie this early in the game, but I just couldn't dump that on the team.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chickies! Had a busy weekend so now gonna go and finish reading last weeks thread. Have a great day!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!
A big thank you to you all as you saved me from myself last night! I had a staff meeting from 7-10pm and as I was heading home I really wanted to stop from some onion rings from A&W. It was a battle of wills and I finally told myself that tomorrow is weigh-in & I can't let my team down.
So a HUGE thank you to Team Red!
Have a great day all
Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good morning! This is my first post as a member. I already posted my weigh-in. Due to a lot of stress in my life, I lost 3 lbs.--no exercise, no planned eating. I'm a tad worried that now that I've done the not eating thing, I'm going to start the eating too much thing. Guess I just need to make a conscious effort to find some moderation as I navigate through this week.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning Red Rockets.

I was down 3 pounds this week so I am so very happy. I seem to loose one week then the next week just loose 1 but I know in the end it all evens out. I did an ok job exercising last week but this week I am going to step it up just wish I had a little more time. I told my husband last night that he is going to have to help me with the kids more at night so I can exercise. Saturday I took them with me for a walk and it was funny because they all said Mom slow down at least twice and I did not think I was walking that fast. So tonight I am sure no one will join me. I have never worked out at a gym I use DVDs and hand weights now, I have some resistance bands and am thinking of getting a ball. My mom gave me a Shape magazine and it had some great exercises to do with a ball. so who knows. I have a Birthday goal of 208 that is 4 pounds in the next 13 days. So that is keeping me very motivated for now as well as this challenge because I do not want to let anyone down.

Hope everyone has a great on plan week!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #10  
Maeminglea

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Hey All - I am a newbie to the BL challenages but have read some of the posts in the past and found them helpful. Hopefully the acountability will be helpful for me as well!

-Mae
Old 06-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #11  
another Fat Chick

S/C/G: 179/176/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Rockets....I posted a 3 pound loss for the week........yay!! I am not much for posting on here in chat, but my additional goal for this week is to work on posting on this thread once a day......we'll see how that goes =)
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hi team, hope you are all well. Sorry, I have been missing in action lately - had some leave from work and took the opportunity to enjoy some unusually hot weather here in bonnie Scotland.

Cindy -thanks for thinking about me. I've been struggling lately with the weight loss efforts but will find my way back to it. Some time to chill out and reflect has helped. The walking challenge at work is going really well - we are well over half way to our target number of miles with 7 weeks remaining. If we continue the way we have been we will well blast our goal out the water.

Shari - thanks for the QOTD nomination!

Ladies, here is your latest Question of the Day:
What benefits has your weight loss brought you so far? Or if you are just starting out on your weight loss journey, what benefits do you hope weight loss will bring?

My own answer: The biggest benefit has been to my self-belief and inner confidence in myself. I care so much more about myself than I did before and take time to really look after my appearance. I am much fitter than I was and have tons more energy. I can now shop for clothes in a wider range of stores, do not fear being unable to fasten my seatbelt on aeroplanes and do not feel as self-conscious going swimming etc. But, I still have a way to go and hopefully even more benefits will follow!

For next QOTD, I nominate Montecristo!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

What benefits has your weight loss brought you so far?

My weight loss have given be confidence. I also feel much more in control of other areas of my life as well. I also have so much more energy than I did before, I sleep better at night and I don't get heartburn at all any more. I am very happy with the changes so far!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #14  
Brown eyed girl

S/C/G: 245.6/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3

What benefits has your weight loss brought you so far? Or if you are just starting out on your weight loss journey, what benefits do you hope weight loss will bring?

I noticed I have a lot more energy, and a lot more flexible, and I can actually do more workouts longer. And am also hoping to go down a size!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Down 1 pound. Woo woo!

Self confidence is a major benefit!!!

I hope it will bring flexibility & endurance as well.