South Beach Diet - Phase I Chicks - June

View Full Version : Phase I Chicks - June

Ruthxxx
06-01-2009, 05:25 AM
:) This is the place for Phase I starters and re-starters to post menus and questions and give and get support both from each other and our experienced Beachers! :)
Here's a link to the old thread. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2764608#post2764608)

ArmyAng
06-01-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm on Day 12 of Phase 1, and have been doing wonderfully. I am happy to get to Phase 2 and expand my food choices.

H2ODawg
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi All,
I'm on Phase 1.25 and feeling discouraged. I'm a bit bored with food and the weight I have lost (9.8) was all pretty much lost by day 8. Today is day 16. (Big Sigh). I'm not hungry, but miss sweets (do have yogurt, Jello, pudding in the PM)

Any words of encouragement? Does anyone else have a sticky scale? On the plus side, my clothes fit me better today...

ArmyAng
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I had a couple days of stuck weight. Then this morning I lost a pound.

SmilesIowa
06-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey everybody! I did good over the weekend. My family was impressed that I didn't eat buns with my food, and they didn't give me a hard time about it either so that's good. I think people are finally getting used to my low carb eating and that it's not just a phase. Today I'm starting back on the exericise thing. I think that's part of my weight stall. I was doing good for awhile and then I stopped, so let's hope I stick with it!

Ruthxxx
06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Please don't call this "low carb eating"! :yikes: If you are eating dairy and legumes, you are not low carbing it. Some folks may be going by the old food lists in the outdated book. Please check the up-to-date list in the FAQ Section.

As to slow or no weightloss, remember that it didn't go on evenly and comes off the same way. I do weigh daily but then average my loss for the week. Some days it's up and some days it's down.

Thicky Thick Girl
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi, I'm starting my 1st day of Phase 1 today! I did the diet a while back and lost about 8 pounds in the first two weeks, but slowly fell off the diet sometime during Phase 2........So here I am back again, 30 pounds heavier than when I first tried. :sorry:
I'm extremely determined and can't wait to start making some progress! I did the old book last time so I need to do some exploring around the new lists to see what's new. Grocery shopping tonight. Wish me luck!

Thicky Thick Girl
06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I just looked at the list and am confused on avocado....how much of it am I allowed to eat a day?

SmilesIowa
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow, sorry about the "low-carb" thing, habit I guess.

phxsunflower
06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Started phase 1 today fully knowing I am going to blow it big time tomorrow. So maybe I will call this a practice day and start offically on Wednesday. I need to refocus my eating and get back to losing and not just the same 5-10 pounds. So here I go again and I am going to be sure to check in daily because that will help. I have vegetables,beans,etc already bought and sodas put out of sight and will ask one of the kids to get me 1 a day if needed:devil: I have more people around me doing SB and my husband is starting to catch on!!

thevillageghost
06-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Tomorrow is my first day on SB, and I'm so excited!

murphmitch
06-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I just looked at the list and am confused on avocado....how much of it am I allowed to eat a day?

Avocado - 1/3 whole = 1 TBS oil. You are allowed 2 Tbs of oils a day, so in theory you could have 2/3 of a whole avocado per day if you have no other fats.

PopcornFiend
06-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I've been really happy with how phase one has been going. It's funny that the thing I seem to miss most is NOT bread (which I love) but FRUIT! Today I smelled my co-worker peeling an orange and I almost burst into tears at how amazing it smelled! Haha!! I've also noticed I have very few cravings for sweet and because I am eating so much more protein than usual, I am definitely not eating as much. Really, I've identified that bread type carbs are a huge trigger for me, so it's kind of nice to just not have them around at all. I'm feeling good, and other than some slight problems with backed up plumbing (I read the posts and know what to do!) everything is going well. I am a little bit sick of eggs but made the breakfast cheesecake, and this morning had some plain yogurt and a few almonds, and that did the trick. I've been making great homemade dinners (veggie chili tonight with beans, yum, last night was grilled lemon chicken with artichokes and cauliflower mash...). I love how you can be creative on this diet - so many other diets seem so restricting. So far so good!

phxsunflower
06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
checking in before we are off to the pool. I have walked the dog and made breakfast to take with me. Going to walk around the park when the big kids are doing swim team stuff. Have to break up 3 hours at the pool somehow.
Then it is off to a good bye lunch with the kids a family friend is moving back home.(this is where I am going to blow phase 1) Will try to check in later. I hope everyone has a good day.

abovethedin
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Smiles,

I totally understand calling SB a low carb diet. It is definitely lower carb than what I was eating before especially for the first two weeks. :) I am glad to hear you have the support of your family. I think that is half the battle especially in the beginning. For me having my family support and encourage me was definitely what I needed in order to stay on track until I really realized, "I can do this!" As for your stall, everyone stalls just don't get discouraged. You seem to have a positive outlook and solution. Keep up the good work.

Hey everybody! I did good over the weekend. My family was impressed that I didn't eat buns with my food, and they didn't give me a hard time about it either so that's good. I think people are finally getting used to my low carb eating and that it's not just a phase. Today I'm starting back on the exericise thing. I think that's part of my weight stall. I was doing good for awhile and then I stopped, so let's hope I stick with it!

SmilesIowa
06-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Abovethedin you just made my day, thank you! :) Also your positive thoughts must have helped me because the scale finally went down some this morning! I've also worked out two days in a row and have been doing good on the eating. One day at a time, right? I hope you all are having a great day!

phxsunflower
06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
short break from the poolside. had the egg vege scramble topped with cheese(2%, 2 T.) and salsa at the pool after my walk. Now home for a break and had a vanilla yogurt. Still have water areobics before lunch. Was trying to think of something I could eat on the drive to lunch to help curb the hunger?

Thicky Thick Girl
06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Avocado - 1/3 whole = 1 TBS oil. You are allowed 2 Tbs of oils a day, so in theory you could have 2/3 of a whole avocado per day if you have no other fats.

Murphmitch - thanks for the info I understand now!

Thicky Thick Girl
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
P1 Day 1 was a success, and so far Day 2 is going good! I prepared a big chicken salad for my lunch today and some lettuce/turkey/FF cream cheese rolls (very small amount) for snacks.
Last night for dinner I wanted to make something from the recipes, but was too tired from the work day and grocery shopping to do it...so I made rosemary chicken breast and a heap of broccoli with a bit of melted mozarella. Made some white rice for the boyfriend (Jealous!!), gave myself a little cottage cheese on the side. Woke up this morning, almost 3 pounds lighter already! We'll see how tomorrow goes!
I have Wednesday off so I think I'm going to make a day of exploring recipes.

:carrot:

Blondie32
06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I am wondering if I should stop eating such big portions because this is week 4 and 4 days and I am not losing. Had a shake for breakfast made with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, coco powder and splenda. For lunch had a chicken salad. Kind of discouraged.

Ruthxxx
06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Whoa! You should not still be on Phase I. Please post some days' menus with quantities and we'll check it out.

tchermom
06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone! I am finished week one of phase one and it went pretty well-even with major PMS. I lost about 3.5 lbs so far and I am happy with that. I am trying not to think ahead but we are going to the shore (that's what we say in Pa. about the Jersey beaches) this weekend and I know the food will be ok but we are meeting friends for drinks and dinner.

I will just have to take it day by day and deal when the time comes. I know there are many options like diet soda, club soda etc. I really want to finish the two weeks without one slip up. I have never gotten this far before and feel so much better without the sugar and carbs!!!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Just an FYI -I never got the SB flu this time and I believe it has something to do with eating beans this time.
Thanks-Kim

abovethedin
06-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Smiles, Whoo Whoo on the loss! :carrot: I've always heard and even told myself not to concentrate on the numbers the scale shows but to realize I am eating healthier. It sure is nice to see them drop though especially after a lull.

Well, I was dreading last night. My husband wanted to go to a concert so we ate dinner in the city. We walked into a restaurant that was perfect for me, not so much for him. I had a hempnut burger w/o the bread, some shredded cabbage and a few sweet potato fries; he ate tofu. He ate the whole thing and enjoyed it. I was very surprised since we are two completely different type of eaters. Anyway, after my burger, a glass of wine, and half a VERY LARGE brownie I still lost a little over a pound. Amazing!!! I am floored; I can't believe it. What a great way to start a new day!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jen

abovethedin
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
phxsunflower, Usually a handful of nuts or string cheese helps curb my hunger when I am in the car. I usually have to pace myself with string cheese though. Two bites and it could be gone!;)

Was trying to think of something I could eat on the drive to lunch to help curb the hunger?

ctran
06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
hi there everyone,
this is my third day on the beach. i feel like tackling the next person i see holding a cookie. i've been all over the internet looking up ideas for meals, snack etc for phase one but i cant seem to find a dessert that isnt ricotta cream. is there such a thing as a phase one cookie?!?!? or anyone have any advice or ideas on how to get over the cravings?

thanks in advance.

phxsunflower
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Day 1 I guess. Yesterday I blew it at lunch but the rest of the time I was on plan. This morning I have done 6.5 miles walking and going to do water aerobics. So far today I have had 3 lettuce leaves rolled with roast beef slices and LC cheese spread, 4 oz. V-8, cheese stick, 24oz. of decaf iced tea, 30 oz. of water. I will probably have a salad for lunch and for dinner chili and cheese. Afternoon snack will be a yogurt.

Abovethedin-Thanks for the idea, it didn't work, I blew it:(, but I am working on this yet again.

hope everyone is having a good day, off to get ready for aerobics.

Blondie32
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Thats it I figured it out. Maby caff tea is causing a slow down in weight loss. If I drink tea or soda i get sugar free but not decaff

H2ODawg
06-03-2009, 02:08 PM
OK Ladies - all of you Phase 1 experts out there, please send your advice. I am on day 19. I consider myself on Phase 1.25. I am adding one fruit per day and want to hold off on the bready carbs for a while because I really wanted to jump-start this loss.

I have lost 9.5# by day 9 of this trip. Since then, I went down another 1# and back up 2 or so, and this AM was at a total -8.4. WHY? Do you have any idea the things I have been passing up here at work?? AAauurrrghhhh! :mad:

Here's my sample menu - I'm pretty routine and it doesn't vary much:
B: 1 egg+2 whites & LF cheese
Snack: either 1/2 oz cashews or LF cheese stick & cukes
L: Salad greens with turkey breast/LF cheese/maybe almond slices & drizzle (and I mean DRIZZLE) of Thousand Island dressing (I hate sour dressings and I use such a small amount. A bottle lasts me 2 months!)
Snack: Dannon Low-carb yogurt
D: another salad w/o cheese, with mandarins, chicken or some meat, teaspoon of chopped walnuts, no dressing
PM: SF choc pudding with SF cool-whip or square of dark chocolate

I track all of my food in the Daily Plate so I know that my calories (which aren't supposed to count) are in the 1200-1400 range. Seems I could eat 1400 cal of CUPCAKES and lose weight. Not a white carb or cookie or anything has crossed my lips in 19 days. I drink a big diet coke (1/2 & 1/2 caf & caf free) in the AM and water all day or Crystal Light.

I'll take all advice! Please don't get on me for the dressing because I hate all of the approved dressings and this smidge of "illegal" dressing cannot be causing me to GAIN WEIGHT.

HELP!
;)

murphmitch
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
H2ODawg, I see three servings of nuts. Make sure your not going over the daily allowance (Almonds-15, Walnuts-15, Cashews-15)...looks like your over the allowed amount to me. Other than the dressing, I see no healthy fats. These help with weight loss and curb appetite. You need more dairy. Yogurt that is artificially sweetened non-fat is limited to 4 ounces daily. I hope your salad veggies are more than just lettuce. Your body needs a variety of veggies to get proper nutrition. Most of us had a temporary gain when we started Phase II. As long as your not craving, I think you'll be fine. Try to be patient with yourself.

murphmitch
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
ctran, have you looked in the Phase I dessert recipes here? I see a ton of recipes that don't involve ricotta. The Peanut Butter Cup is a favorite. I see Peanut Butter Cookies listed and Lemon Breeze Cups as well as a whole slew of others without ricotta. Post your typical menu here if you're having a lot of cravings.

H2ODawg
06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Anne, thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am aware of the nuts issue. I usually eat a few "raw" and then just put a pinch of chopped in my salad. I do add green peppers and cukes to the salad, to a spring mix or such. But I'm not a big veggie fan at all which makes this diet a challenge. I should add more dairy - milk tastes so much better on cereal!
Mindy

PopcornFiend
06-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Ok - I admit it - the honeymoon phase with PHASE 1 is OVER for me!! My weight loss has been fluctuating and it seems to have stalled. I know what I'm doing wrong, too - I've been picking here and there at the cashews.. and those add up!! I also think I need to add more water and be careful about not overdoing it on "Desserts", even if they are the SB approved type skim ricotta things. I have to remember just because I'm eating less-sugary things doesn't mean they're low fat, and it all comes down to calories in, calories out. So yeah... I ALMOST grabbed a piece of salt water taffy today at work since I was feeling a little dreary.. but then I remembered if I did that, a whole week and two days of extreme "good" would be wasted. Happily, I haven't cheated yet and while I might be overdoing it on a few things, I am so proud of myself for not reaching for the pretzels or popcorn! Hoping I can hang in there - I really only have four days left on phase one and I want to rock it! :D

tchermom
06-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Good morning everyone! I have also been up and down on the scale in phase 1. I was down to 131 and then yesterday 133.Today 132. Can you say-stay away from the scale?

I have been having a muffin made with bean flour (only beans in the ingred), eggs etc. I got the recipe from another site and it said phase 1. It also has 1/2 cup of pumpkin in the recipe. So last night I am reading my book and it says-phase one-avoid pumpkin. Now I bet each muffin only has about 1tsp of pumpkin in each but do you think it could be effecting my loss at all?

These muffins have helped me stay on track as I hate eggs in the am. I guess I am really on phase 1.25. The good news is that I am sugar free, carb-free and alcohol free (love a good chardonney) for 9 days. I feel so much better and have a lot more energy.

I also have to watch the peanuts/nuts. I ate three handfulls yesterday as my snack. OOps!

Have a great day!

Ruthxxx
06-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Yup - better watch the peanuts! By the way, where did you get the bean muffin recipe? I'm not sure why bean flour is allowed on Phase I - beans are but it's something to do with flour being higher GI.

abovethedin
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Good morning Beachers,

I made it to a mini goal today. My BMI went from 30.0 to 29.8. I am now in the overweight category. It sure does feel good. Last night was a huge struggle for me. My daughter made some spaghetti for dinner and the smell drove me crazy. The weird thing is, I can't stand spaghetti. If I never eat spaghetti for the rest of my life I would be ok, except for last night. I had three small fork twirls of spaghetti and it was so good. It took everything I had to walk away from the garlic bread. I found that strange. I can only assume my body is in need of something. Anyway, I hope everyone has a beachy day today and stays OP.

Jen

phxsunflower
06-04-2009, 09:50 AM
checking in before we head to the pool. Made eggs and ham for breakfast and had 11 grape tomatoes(hope that covers 1/2 cup of veges).

popcorn- I find myself having the same problem with eating to much of one thing. I am trying to figure it out. Good job for leaving the taffy it will be worth it at the end.

tchermom-I like to do meat rolls in the a.m. when I tire of eggs. Deli meat,spinach leaves,pepper slices,onions, whatever vege available and roll it and go.

abovethedin-:carrot:on your mini goal! spagetti night at our house is zucchini night for me. Yum it is coming soon.

Ruth- good morning.

Gotta go the kids even say so!!!!

tchermom
06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I got the bean recipe over at LO-carb friends. The ingredients on the package says garbonzo beans and fava beans-that is it. I think I will refrain from these until phase two. Thanks! Kim

murphmitch
06-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Jen, I make spaghetti sauce with No Added Sugar Spaghetti sauce and ground turkey (my family can't tell the difference) and ladle it over roasted veggies (onions, peppers, zucchini) with a little grated fresh Parmesan. It is heavenly and very filling. I don't miss the pasta at all.

H2ODawg
06-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Good morning Beachers,

My daughter made some spaghetti for dinner and the smell drove me crazy. The weird thing is, I can't stand spaghetti. If I never eat spaghetti for the rest of my life I would be ok, except for last night. I had three small fork twirls of spaghetti and it was so good. It took everything I had to walk away from the garlic bread.

Jen,
when the fam is having spaghetti, which I could take-or-leave, too, and I want to keep it simple, I'll roll some ricotta in some chix lunchmeat and cover with sauce and a sprinkle of parm and bake for me - I could swear I was eating a stuffed shell or something and I get to enjoy the sauciness. Mindy

Thicky Thick Girl
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm on Day 4 and have already lost 7 pounds! This is very exciting and I hope to continue on this trend :carrot:. I have been drinking nothing but liters and liters of water and a little milk here and there and am getting pretty sick of it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what else I can drink? :?:

PopcornFiend
06-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm on Day 4 and have already lost 7 pounds! This is very exciting and I hope to continue on this trend :carrot:. I have been drinking nothing but liters and liters of water and a little milk here and there and am getting pretty sick of it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what else I can drink? :?:

There's a lot you can have!! I'm drinking sugar free kool-aid right now, you can have iced tea (Sweetened with Splenda), or they have minute maid light drinks in limeade, lemonade that are 15 calories a serving with no sugar. At work, I have the crystal light lemonade packs to go (dump them in a water bottle!) and also propel grape flavored drink mix (Again, dump them in a water bottle!). Both are sugar free and yummy! If you like water but just need to jazz it up, try adding cucumber slices. Sounds weird but tastes really crisp and refreshing. Good luck, I know how it gets redundant! It's good you're not too into diet soda, though I admit it.. I do like a diet sprite every now and then!

murphmitch
06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I love sun tea in the summertime. I also like the South Beach drink mixes. The tropical breeze flavor is very good.

abovethedin
06-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Mindy and MuprhMitch,

Thanks for the spaghetti suggestions. I think I will definitely try that next time. I am always looking for new things to try.

Thicky,

I use 4c drink infusers. I believe they are sweetened with Splenda. I think they come in flavored tea flavors and then the one I like is just a berry flavored infuser minus the tea part. It's the only way I can drink all the water.

Well everyone, have a great beachy day.

Jen

H2ODawg
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi All,
I'm feeling a bit more optimistic than earlier in the week. I'm back down on the scale so while I've lost absolutely NOTHING this week, and 1/2 of last week, I'm still down and not starving, so I guess baby-steps are the rule. And, physically it's impossible to be eating this healthily and this "light" (approx 1400 cal/day) and NOT lose at some point. I have noticed that the older I get, the more sporadic my weight loss is. When I was young, if I was faithful, I'd lose 2# per week. Now, I tend to lose in larger chunks every few weeks. So, can I hold on until the scale drops? We'll see.

Today is day 21 so tomorrow I think I'm entering phase 1.5 and will have 2 fruits per day added to my repertoire. I've got a hankerin' for blueberries.

Happy Friday all!!

SmilesIowa
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey everyone! I weighed this morning and my stall is officially over thank goodness. I am down 2 lbs. Not a lot, but atleast it's something. I think it helped that I worked out more this week. Now I just want to keep the momentum going. I hope all of you are having a good week. Tomorrow is my last graduation party and then no celebrations until the 4th of July, yay!

HisSweetGypsyRose
06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone :) I'm on day 12 of phase 1 and feel that I'm doing quite well. My weight loss has slowed down from the first week, but I expected that. From here on out I'll be working on losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Like Mindy said, I can't be eating this well and walking regularly and not begin to lose weight.

ADD Girl
06-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Girls! I will start today! I dont know all the FAQ yet but I hope I will find them here. I have some doubts about strawberries and tomatoes but I will hope I will resolve them.

The reason why I have choose this diet is because I have notices intuitively its the best for my body even before I knew that is called SB diet. I have noticed that the best for me is when I eat in that way and also If I eat carbs that they should be done separately from the proteins.

My body then does not collect excess liquids I have nice indigestion and feel great and not hungry. So because of that I think this is good choice and I would recommend it to everyone! Try it and go for it!

My goal is not to give up no matter what and no matter if I do some take offs from the wagon now and than. I think the persistence is the key to success.

So good luck to everyone! :-)

curleegirl
06-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Off to a great start :D For breakfast: I had a hard boiled egg and celery with low fat cream cheese spread (3 pepperocini - green pepper- spread mixed low fat cream cheese) 3 black olives and 2 cherry tomatoes. For lunch: Lean Cuisine Sirloin Tips w/ broccoli. For dinner: Salad w/lemon and EVOO and a stir fry of eggplant and lean ground pork. Snack: 15 Pistachios and maybe 15 more later and more celery w/ spread. i had one cup of coffee w/ splenda, 1 diet Dr. Pepper and treated myself to a San Pelligrino. I also weighed in at work for the weight loss challenge.

tchermom
06-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone! I am on day twelve and have been strictly on plan until... last night I had a glass of wine at my nieces graduation party. I was so mad at myself and then thought OK-lifestyle change-not diet. So today and for the rest of phase one I will be whine and wine free. The good news is that I stayed on plan with my food while everyone else was eating lots of crap. Sooo. move on. I usually just say-oh I blew it and binge so....

Have a great OP day everyone. Kim

phxsunflower
06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Been doing phase 1 since Thursday clean. Been working on it since Monday but had a friend leave so not a good time to start. I am finding it hard not to have that slice of bread or ww tortilla with breakfast. Spend most of the week at the pool with the kids so today is house cleaning and laundry.

tchermom,SmilesIowa- Hang in there and keep going.
curleegirl,ADDgirl-:wave: welcome and good luck
gypsyrose-2 more days! Have you thought how you will go into the next phase? I bought blueberries and froze them.
H2ODawg-Have you been on phase 1 for 21 days?

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

HisSweetGypsyRose
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Sunflower, I've been thinking very carefully about going into ph2. I'm planning to have once slice of sprouted whole grain toast with breakfast, and am planning to use some recipes this week that add brown rice and cooked apple to my menu. I want to do this very gradually and carefully.

The good thing is that this is the way I prefer to eat most of the time, except when cravings grab hold of me :dizzy: and I fall into old eating patterns. Right now I think I'm in a good place mentally and I'm working on staying there.

Hang in there, ph1 is only for two weeks, and then you can have that slice of bread of WW tortilla with breakfast :) Two weeks isn't that long!

tchrmom, you did good!:carrot: Even though you slipped up, you have the right attitude...just get back on track :)

Hi curleegirl :) I've never had eggplant before, I should try it.

ADD girl :welcome3: If you haven't yet, be sure to read the book. It's a great source of information and helps you understand the foundations of this way of eating. And yep, persistence is the key. :running:

Happy Saturday to y'all :flow2: I'm off to fix some breakfast and get my shopping list together for next week. I found some neat recipes here and am looking forward to trying them out.

murphmitch
06-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Curleegirl, be careful with the frozen meals. Most of them have cornstarch and added sugars if you read the ingredients, which aren't allowed on South Beach. Not to mention all the sodium. Plus I find them not too filling and not nearly enough veggies.

PopcornFiend
06-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Ladies... I am ALMOST to phase 2.. Monday is my last day.. I am down a total of six pounds today and have been fluctuating between a total of 3 pounds lost and 6 pounds, so I hope I finish up phase 1 with 6 lost or a little more.. Either way, I'll be glad to eat fruit again!!! Still going to take it very slow with the bread introduction.. as I now know that bready type things are major overeating triggers for me. I'm excited!

ADD Girl
06-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi everyone! Thank you for a great welcome :-)))

I have tried 2-3 day to be on SB but, in fact, my first day was yesterday. I did ate a little bit more then I should but I am concentrating on the content not quantity, I think that will come by time (I learned that).

I feed O.K. and I must say that I have a such a great indigestion for this few days that I
am tring that I cant beleave it. Everything have stared working
:-)

ADD Girl
06-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Popcorn, great, good for you! Dont think about 3 or 6 pounds, think about that how you did made it for 2 weeks, and that is a lot from my perspective :-) And I am sure you dont have the huge hunger that you used to have sometimes so...just keep on. And my advice - live out bread for 2 weeks more if you are the same type like I am, adoring bread. Eat potato, pasta e.t.c. but I am not sure that you will resist brad once you start eating it. I know I cant...

H2ODawg
06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
H2ODawg-Have you been on phase 1 for 21 days?

Hi Phxsunflowe,
Not exaclty. Other attempts at SB taught me that when I overdid the start into Phase 2, that everything stalled and I ended up both gaining a little back and fast-tracking my way to "normal" eating which derailed the whole thing!

This time around, I am inching my way into Phase 2. Today is day 23 for me and I consider this Phase 1.50. Last week I added one fruit per day to the regular Phase 1 regime (which was Phase 1.25, in my book), and this week am adding 2 fruits per day. I should also say that I am also eating Carb-Smart yogurt (Dannon) and smoothies (1 each per day) and SF Pudding at night, with the occasional square of dark chocolate. Last week I was THRILLED to add mandarins to my salad and this week am going to have strawberries and blueberries. Yippee.

That said, my loss was REAL fast at first, then stalled, now slowly creeping down. But, at 42, I can't expect (tho I do WISH!) the fast weight loss of my 20s and 30s.

Best of luck to you and I do think you need to LIVE. Don't beat yourself up about a wine. In Oprah's mag this month there's a great article by Martha Beck (I think that's her name) about being naturally thin - the focus on the brain and I know this is true - my brain is my worst enemy - that in the process of forgiving yourself for "slips" you take away the stress that causes more (bad) eating! Genius! Last night my DH and I went to Five Guys, never been before and won't make it a habit, but I had my first fries in 3+ weeks. Ate the burger w/o the bun. It was a nice treat but today is a new day and I am focusing on the great food in the house and the loss. Forgiving myself and moving on. THAT'S progress!

:carrot:

The Pook
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Good Morning!

This will be my first day in Phase 1, here is the menu I'd love some critiques:-

Brunch (got up late haha)
Scrambled eggs - 2 extra large omega eggs, 1/2 chopped green pepper, 1/2 chopped green onion, 1/2 chopped roma tomato, hot sauce, cup brewed black tea, 1/4 cup 1% milk

Lunch
Turkey Burger - 3oz ground turkey white meat (97/3), seasonings, topped with 0.5oz crumbled blue cheese, 2 slices beef tomato, 2 cups romaine salad, 1/2 cup sliced cucumber, balsamic vinegar

PM Snack
Turkey Roll Ups - 3 slices lean deli turkey breast, 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle, 1 medium green onion, can V8

Dinner
3oz beef pot roast, 1 cup sauteed kale in 1/2 tablespoon evoo, lots of garlic, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Water
At least 2 liters.

I have lost my food plan that I made out on Friday! I know I took it out of my purse but after that who knows lol! I have it saved on my computer but it's at work (naughty me). I think I can remember what I had planned for lunch Monday and Tuesday but that's still annoying.

me4life
06-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Off to a great start :D For breakfast: I had a hard boiled egg and celery with low fat cream cheese spread (3 pepperocini - green pepper- spread mixed low fat cream cheese) 3 black olives and 2 cherry tomatoes. For lunch: Lean Cuisine Sirloin Tips w/ broccoli. For dinner: Salad w/lemon and EVOO and a stir fry of eggplant and lean ground pork. Snack: 15 Pistachios and maybe 15 more later and more celery w/ spread. i had one cup of coffee w/ splenda, 1 diet Dr. Pepper and treated myself to a San Pelligrino. I also weighed in at work for the weight loss challenge.

just wanted to comment on your eating....personally i don't beleive lean cuisine is south beach friendly. low fat tends to have sugar added to replace the fat. not to mention all the salt in there meals will slow your weight loss. and you seem to be lacking in veggies...you should be getting 4.5 cups a day in.

phxsunflower
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
hi all day 3 of clean phase one is on. Tonight is a bbq at brothers house so will really have to watch what goes in to keep it clean. He is planning smoked pork roast, brown rice, mashed potatoes for those that don't do rice, gravy, green beans, and a salad if anyone wants one, and cake. I know the cake will be the reduced sugar one but.....and brown rice....are going to be hard to pass up. He is trying!!! I think I am going to make a batch of black bean brownies and take some coolwhip with me!! good thought!!

Breakfast was 2 egg whites & 1 egg topped with 2Tbls of lf cheese and 1/4c salsa, 4 oz of v8, and 2 slices of crispy bacon.

The grocery store is calling my name and I do need to go get more produce, and canned beans are on sale this week.

H2ODawg- I understand now. I was thinking that I will need to do the end of phase 1 the same way. I just hope that I can clean up my eating and that losing weight starts again.

murphmitch
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Eat potato, pasta e.t.c. but I am not sure that you will resist brad once you start eating it. I know I cant...

Potatoes aren't allowed on SB. Only sweet potatoes on Phase II. Pasta is only the 100% whole grain kind.

murphmitch
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I should also say that I am also eating Carb-Smart yogurt (Dannon) and smoothies (1 each per day) and SF Pudding at night, with the occasional square of dark chocolate.

I think we're only supposed to have 4 oz. of this type of product daily. Sounds like you're getting more than that if you're consuming one of each of these daily.

From the sticky in the FAQs:

Yogurt - artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup).

phxsunflower
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
made lasagna with zucchini strips instead of noodles and added fresh mushrooms. Very yummy and 2 of the 4 kids said they liked it better than the one with noodles I made for the rest of the family.

CyndiM
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Pook - Great job getting those vegetables in! I'd suggest adding some beans in (I always suggest adding beans ;) ), maybe refried beans with breakfast or hummus and veggies for a snack. Remember you can also have a dessert, something like a ricotta thing or Greek yogurt. Do you feel satisfied with the amount of food?

Phxsunflower - that lasagna sounds great! I'm going to try mine that way when it's in season

The Pook
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Cyndi :)

It's funny you should mention beans, I had home made hummus with veggies on my plan, and thought I had a can of chickpeas in the cupboard with which to make it however on checking the cupboard I don't. I'll be buying a can tomorrow as veggies + hummus sound so good. I have tuna salad planned for lunch tomorrow and Tuesday, I'm planning on adding black beans to it for some added fibre and protein.

Today wasn't the best day for feeling satisfied and I know I didn't eat enough. We got up late so I missed my morning snack and it's been roasting here so I didn't have much of an appetite anyway. I'm serving two veggies with my evening meal to make up for my missing starch, I usually have rice or sweet potato.

Oh and I found my meal plan I thought I'd lost, I had filed it away with some recipies I printed off. I really need to get some of those index cards.

H2ODawg
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I think we're only supposed to have 4 oz. of this type of product daily. Sounds like you're getting more than that if you're consuming one of each of these daily.

From the sticky in the FAQs:

Yogurt - artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup).

Anne,
That could be right. I may have over estimated b/c as I think about it, I buy one 4-pk of yogurt and one 4-pk of smoothies to take me through the week, so that's definitely not 2 per day. :o I'm not going to battle over yogurt, though. I don't like beans and rarely eat them and eat an occasional string cheese stick, so I consider yogurt to be a good choice, even if on occasion I have more of it than I should. The yogurt cups are 45 cal and the smoothies 60 - how bad can they be? I didn't get fat eating yogurt!

Thanks for keeping in check. ;)
Mindy

The Pook
06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Day 2 of Phase 1 for me today, I got a rotten night's sleep and woke up feeling hungry. Here is the menu for today:-

Breakfast - Turkey Bacon and Cheese Cup from SB Cookbook, 5.5fl oz can low sodium V8

A.M Snack - 1/2 cup 2% milk cottage cheese, 2 celery sticks cut up

Lunch - Tuna Pasta Salad, own creation - 3oz water packed tuna drained, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/2 cup chopped tomato, 1 tbls chopped onion, 1 tbls plain ff yoghurt, 1 tbls light mayo, 1 cup steamed broccoli

P.M Snack - Turkey Roll Up - 3 slices lean turkey deli breast, 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle, 5.5fl oz oz can low sodium V8

Dinner - 3oz pot roast, 1 cup sauteed kale, 1/2 tbls evoo, lots of garlic, 1 cup frozen green beans

I need to get to the supermarket today and buy some beans. I added up my calories from the breakfast meal and they are a little low so I think I'm going to add 1/2 cup refried beans to breakfast which sounds really good right now.

CyndiM
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Pook - the beans will really help keep you full too

ADD Girl
06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Ok. Something to admit - I had a pizza last night. Today I have started fresh. First day is behind me and I will not give up until 14 days in a row are finished. Feeling better already! Keep on everyone!

The Pook
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Good Morning

I've tweaked my menu a little and added some beans. I've been feeling satisfied after meals but overall throughout the day I know I'm not getting enough calories and am feeling a little tired and headachy. Here is today's plan:-

Breakfast - Turkey Bacon and Cheese cup (SB Cookbook), 5.5fl oz low sodium V8, 1/2 cup organic vegetarian refried beans, 8fl oz brewed tea, 1/4 cup 1% milk.

A.M. Snack - scant 1/2 cup home made hummus (chickpeas, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, spices), 1/2 sliced orange pepper, 5 sliced radishes

Lunch - going to Jason’s Deli to try out their salad bar.

P.M Snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Dinner - 3oz baked salmon, roasted asparagus with 1 tbls evoo and lots of garlic

My lunch plan this week has fallen apart a little, mainly due to the fact that I can't stomach any more tuna and had made tuna salad for two days, have also eaten enough pot roast which I was hoping to bring a couple days too. I'm going to Jason's Deli to check out their salad bar which is supposed to be very very good. Tomorrow's lunch is who knows, I hate not planning. Next week's meal plans are going to have to be much smarter.

Ruthxxx
06-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Pook, I see only 1/4 cup of dairy. That should be more. Can you add yogurt and more milk? Cheese is not considered dairy on this plan, by the way.

abovethedin
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi group,

Well I had a wonderful weekend but it was terrible for my eating. I did well until I went to my b.i.l. house for dinner. His wife cooked dinner for us and it was great. I ate rice, tortillas, and a couple of very tiny mini desserts... but believe me not nearly enough to gain 7 pounds. Yes, I said 7. This is the second time I have had dinner at their house and had these results. The last time I gained 6 pounds. I told my husband that there must be an excessive amount of salt in the food because that is just not normal. We had dinner on Saturday, I weighed myself on Sunday and since then I have lost 4 of he 7 pounds. So, now I am back on track and feeling very good.

I hope everyone has an absolutely beachy week ahead.

Jen

murphmitch
06-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Abovethedin, planning is key to success on this plan, especially in Phase I. If you are eating outside the home, you need to ask the hostess what she is serving & work around it, bring food from home, scout restaurant menus online before leaving home. Yes the 7# is probably mostly water, but you need a clean Phase I before moving on, especially if you're having problems resisting the sweets and bad carbs.

Blondie32
06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I weighed this morning I have lost a total of 12 lbs in 5 weeks:carrot:

I pretty much stayed in phase 1 the first 4 weeks. the end of 4 weeks I had a little carbs and then right back to phase 1 yesterday. Still moving right along.

Good luck everyone

Qualera
06-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi all! I started Phase 1 yesterday. And usually my body rolls with anything I do it. I was expecting things to go easily. But I got the Phase 1 flu yesterday evening. Really surprised me. I ended up going to bed early. I'm still pretty wiped out today. I'm not hungry though.

I think I am doing everything right. I ate more veggies than required. I had some protein with every meal and ate all the snacks I was supposed to. I ran an analysis of calories and nutritional information on fit day and pretty much nailed my targets (had 100% of almost all nutrients, and the ones I didn't meet were 80% or higher). Though my carbs were lower than I've ever had them. That is probably what is wearing me out.

I have been doing Weight Watchers, and it worked fine with how I used to eat. But I started looking in PCOS and insulin resistance and realized I was making things worse by my low-fat high-carb diet. I found it impossible to stay satiated on WW. I had enough points to eat almost constantly, and that's what I did.

This diet goes against everything I have always believed about how to eat. In the past when I was trying to be healthy, I ate low-fat vegan. I have no great attachment to meat and still prefer not to eat it much. I have done a lot of research this time, and see how I have been going about things wrong.

I used to think that I wasn't really picky. But allowing things into my diet that I previously regarded as unhealthy is hard. I am only really comfortable with allowing what I perceive as "really healthy" versions of meats, eggs, and dairy. So I buy grass-fed beef, organic chicken, wild caught seafood, etc. Eggs and milk must be organic if at all possible. I have had poor luck finding organic cottage cheese and ricotta and the like (will probably have to take a 1/2 hour trip to Whole Foods). So I do have regular versions of those, but I will keep looking. I will not use artificial sweeteners. I prefer not to use any, but since some sort of sweeting seems to be required, I bought a stevia-based sweetener.

Is dessert absolutely required? I have never been a big sweets person and don't miss it when it isn't there. Usually if I want something sweet I eat some fruit. I see all these dessert recipes, but every one I looked at involved some sort of artificial sweetener. Even the popular ones like Peanut Butter Cup used Sugar-free fudge pops. And the peanut butter cookie used Splenda. I tried the Vanilla Ricotta dessert from the book (l/f ricotta, stevia packet, and vanilla), and I never want to eat that again. So can I just skip dessert?

Sorry this is so long. And I hope it doesn't sound like a long whine. I have abused my body for so long that I finally want to get it right. And I did a lot of research into the best things to eat. I am trying to follow everything. I don't care if I lose a bunch of weight anymore, I just want to be healthy. Anyway, thanks for reading this and for any help you can give.

cottagebythesea
06-09-2009, 06:35 PM
:welcome3: to all you Newbies!

Qualera, you absolutely do not have to have a sweets treat if you don't feel the need for one. Getting enough veggies, protein and dairy are what's important in this eating plan. And try to include at least one serving of beans daily, too. That will really help stave off the flu-like symptoms you are experiencing, besides helping to keep you feeling full and satisfied.

Qualera
06-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the response. I did have about 2/3 of a cup of black beans yesterday. I eat beans often anyway, so I didn't figure that would be any problem for my system. I'm hoping I do okay on less fiber. I got 23 g yesterday. Which is way under my normal 100+ (I eat a ton of veggies).

I'm sure feeling so bad is just temporary, so I'll stick with it. Planning on taco bake for dinner, so that has some beans in it (my husband is actually excited about it). Also going to make some lentil soup. Thanks again!

SmilesIowa
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Well I made it over the weekend. I hope all of you had a good one. I went down a little, so let's hope that keeps up. I'm not doing that great with exercise, but I hope I pick back up on that this week!!

Have a great one!

H2ODawg
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

I'm again discouraged by the scale. Today it said minus 9 and not 11.4 as it was. I see it creep up every week in the beginning of the week and then go down again on w/ends. Could this be a (gulp) bathroom issue? :o I take about 5 psyillium each night but to no avail. I'm eating 1-2 big salads per day, plus other veggies if I don't do a salad. What the heck??

I know FOR A FACT that I cannot have gained 2.4 pounds of real weight in 3 days. My calories for the past three days have been: 1425, 1400, 1512.

I also don't have breads/grains in my diet yet. I'm thinking of adding one per day beginning this w/end. That usually stalls my weight loss so I'm afraid of it but I'll just have to keep an eye on the calories and swap it out with something else.

SunshineCA
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Never really left the SBD Lifestyle but am going to re-start at Phase 1. I'm in the process of planning my menus for this and next week. I'll keep you posted when it's official. :)

Good luck everyone! :)

abovethedin
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes the 7# is probably mostly water, but you need a clean Phase I before moving on, especially if you're having problems resisting the sweets and bad carbs.

I do have a huge issue with sweets. I never really ate much chocolate as a kid but now as an adult can't seem to get enough. I've got to figure this out though and find a way to move past it.

Jen

Qualera
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey all,

I'm doing better today. Phase 1 flu seems to have cleared up.

abovethedin, I've read that a little bit of dark chocolate is actually good for you. It needs to be 70% or higher cacao. Like an ounce or less a day. But maybe if you bought a little bit of high quality dark chocolate, it would be good for you and fill the cravings. Not for phase 1, since it does have sugar in it, but afterwards. Just thought I'd suggest it. Before I started phase 1 I was eating just a square or two of 85% dark chocolate a day. It is strong stuff, and not very sweet. But very chocolately. I'm doing without it for 2 weeks. Just a suggestion, you know what you need to do better than I do. :)

abovethedin
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey all,

I'm doing better today. Phase 1 flu seems to have cleared up.

abovethedin, I've read that a little bit of dark chocolate is actually good for you. It needs to be 70% or higher cacao. Like an ounce or less a day. But maybe if you bought a little bit of high quality dark chocolate, it would be good for you and fill the cravings.

Bless your heart! I have to admit I made a little giggle when I read, " an ounce or less a day"...if only!;) I am reading a book right now titled The End Of Overeating. It is very enlightening...

murphmitch
06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

I'm again discouraged by the scale. Today it said minus 9 and not 11.4 as it was. I see it creep up every week in the beginning of the week and then go down again on w/ends. Could this be a (gulp) bathroom issue? :o I take about 5 psyillium each night but to no avail. I'm eating 1-2 big salads per day, plus other veggies if I don't do a salad. What the heck??

I have issues with this all the time. Sometimes I go 4-5 times a day, sometimes skip a day and feel awful due to all the fiber I eat. I have resorted to taking Senna occasionally. I know this issue has been discussed here before. Some people take the fiber laxatives with good luck. It can definitely cause you to weigh more on the days you don't go. It's my one complaint about SB. I splurged and ate a DQ Blizzard over the weekend. Next day went 3 times and felt great. Not recommended, but it does make me wonder why I have this issue with SB.

phxsunflower
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM
checking in. the last two days have been busy. MyDS1 is now jr. lifeguard at the pool. That adds about 2 hours at the pool and it means I pack lunch as well as breakfast. I have stayed op with my eating and the exercise is going good. New walking partners have longer legs than I so I am having to speed it up!! DS2 walked the last block with us and he commented to me I was walking fast enough for him to jog!! Good thing we only do 3 laps. I need to find lunches that are poolside friendly. The kids I make sandwichs and fruit and chips, me not so easy. Today I took a 1 lb. bag of lettuce and a cheese stick and 1/2c of refried beans. DD2 ate almost 1/2 the bag of lettuce(how do you tell your kid not to eat veges!?) beans are just not right at the pool and the cheese is o.k. but I took 1 and the kids looked like I was cheating them out of something because I ate the whole thing. They had plenty! I will think of something. Fruit would be great but I still have 8 days to be clean and I WANT to do this.

Wow this has gotten long so I will wrap it up and save some for another day.
Qualera-Hi glad to meet you. Glad the flu didn't stay long.

Hope everyones day was great and tomorrow even better.

SunshineCA
06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Stocked up on mostly everything I need to re-start Phase 1 again tomorrow. :D There are still a few more things I need to add to my pantry but I'm good to go. :)

I haven't planned out my menus yet for the rest of the week but I've re-started so many times that it's second nature. :lol:

The Pook
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Good Morning

Had a bad day yesterday, today's menu looks like:-

Breakfast: Protein shake - 2 scoops whey powder strawberry, 1/2 cup fat free plain yoghurt, 1 tbls ground flax seeds, 1 serving Greens+, 1 cup water

AM Snack - 1 serving home made hummus, 1/2 orange pepper sliced, 5 sliced radishes

Lunch - oh who knows, plan has gone to heck this week, salad from Jason's deli I think.

PM Snack - 1/2 cup 2% milk cottage cheese

Dinner - going to try GEM girl's "chicken cheese steak" recipe! probably going to serve frozen green beans with it

PM Snack - 1 glass 1% milk - need to get my dairy in.

H2ODawg
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I have issues with this all the time. Sometimes I go 4-5 times a day, sometimes skip a day and feel awful due to all the fiber I eat. I have resorted to taking Senna occasionally. I know this issue has been discussed here before. Some people take the fiber laxatives with good luck. It can definitely cause you to weigh more on the days you don't go. It's my one complaint about SB. I splurged and ate a DQ Blizzard over the weekend. Next day went 3 times and felt great. Not recommended, but it does make me wonder why I have this issue with SB.

My DH is continually SHOCKED that someone can go days w/o "going." Even when you know that's the cause of the slow-down or increase on the scale, it doesn't make ya feel any better.

femmecreole
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
For the "going" issue...when phase 2 hits...eat cracked wheat salad...it is so yummy and like eating little scrub brushes...clean you out like a charm..
My husband made the mistake of overeating some one day..ouch.

For now, spinach and beans can help...

curleegirl
06-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I can't believe tomorrow marks one week on Phase 1. I have been on plan all week. I did have a light beer at a friend's birthday party but that was my only slip. I have been keeping my meals simple. Roasted chicken breast, veggies and salad for dinner. Chili and salad for lunch or lettuce wraps sandwiches w/ SBD veggies and meat. For me the key is snacks, plenty of the healthy variety, laughing cow cheese, celery, edemame, olives, cherry tomatoes, and minimal amounts of nuts. I've been exercising a lot. I walked to dinner tonight and back which was just over 5 miles :D

I had my weekly weigh in at work on Wednesday and have lost 5 lbs. Tomorrow I am taking a mental health day and will restock and do more menu planning. I am really motivated by other SBD chicks progress, even those having off weeks. I really admire how hard everyone is working.

jlh88
06-12-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks murmphmitch! I can't get used to Ricotta cheese..yeck..and I have such a sweet tooth!

abovethedin
06-12-2009, 10:55 AM
After working all week to lose the 7 pounds I gained obviously from too much indulgence last week, this morning when I woke up I was actually doing better than I had hoped and....I am down a pant size!!! I went from a size 14 and am now back into my size 12 pants. Now all I have to do is get back into my size 10's. What a great way to start a weekend! I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful weekend ahead. I am hoping for a move away from the rain and into a sunny weekend.

Jen

Qualera
06-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Two nights in a row I've dreamed that I pigged out on either candy or white bread. I get really upset in the dreams. And I don't usually eat candy or white bread, so I can't be missing them. Weird.

jih88, I gave up on the ricotta cheese the first time I had one of those desserts. Decided I'd rather wait until I can have fruit again. :)

murphmitch
06-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks murmphmitch! I can't get used to Ricotta cheese..yeck..and I have such a sweet tooth!

I had to try several brands of ricotta before I found one with the texture I liked. Walmart's brand is rather grainy. Sargento was a little creamier. Maybe try a different kind.

Ruthxxx
06-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Nobody says you HAVE to eat dessert. I never could stand the ricotta dessert. Just think - soon you can have fruit for dessert!

phxsunflower
06-13-2009, 11:51 AM
good morning the weekend is here! I made it through 1 week clean and ready to start week 2. I am looking forward to adding the fruit but until then I made Jello in individual cups so the taste is still there. Not been on the scale and really am not to excited since I have not seen much difference in the clothes. We have been very busy with swimming, basketball, sleepovers, all the summer things.

This weekend is house cleaning you would think with being home I would be able to do this during the week. The girls room needs to be tackled again. I guess if I don't get started everything will just pile higher so better go for now. Will try to check in later.

Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.

nursej
06-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I am on Day 6 of Phase I..So far so good. My friend (and mentor) told me that I can't weigh myself for 2 weeks. Anyone ever heard of that?:?:

jlh88
06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not weighing myself until I'm done with Phase 1. I'm sure my weight will fluctuate throughout this phase and if I see that I've gained, I might give up. Sooo I kind of agree with your friend.

For now, go on how you feel instead of the number on the scale.

H2ODawg
06-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Ladies,
I think I am officially moving on to Phase II so I'll go find that board to "hang out" on. After 2 weeks of phase I, a week of 1.25 and a week of 1.50, I think it's time. My total loss is 11.6 for 4 weeks which is discouraging for me, but I'm wondering if the benefits of the fiber and nutrients in whole grains will actually help me out. I had a peice of toast this morning which was REALLY good. I'm going to have one WG per day for several weeks to see if that helps/hurts or what. (in other words, I may be back if it goes south!!):(

So, thanks :hug: to all for your support and I'm sure we'll run into each other on the other SB threads!

Blessings to all!!
Mindy

murphmitch
06-14-2009, 11:05 AM
My total loss is 11.6 for 4 weeks which is discouraging for me, but I'm wondering if the benefits of the fiber and nutrients in whole grains will actually help me out.

Why would you be discouraged with an 11 pound loss? I think that is wonderful! Good luck in Phase II.

cottagebythesea
06-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Mindy, I think a loss of 11.6 pounds is just great for 4 weeks time! Congratulations! Remember, slow and easy is what it takes to win this weightloss game. Studies have proven that people who lose weight quickly are more likely to gain it back when they go back to eating a wider variety of foods. On Phase 2, you will most likely lose about 1/2 pound a week, but you'll probably find that your clothes are much looser. :) Good luck, and we look forward to you joining us on our regular daily chat thread.

phxsunflower
06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Mindy-way to go with the loss. 11 lbs less to carry around!

Why are the weekends so blasted hard to stay OP. Last night at a bbq I had 12 corn chips but loaded it with only my salsa so I know no sugar was added!

To night is another bbq this time for brothers bday. Phase 1 will go out the door. There will be steak:yes:,corn on the cob:no:,salad with extra veges on the side:yes:,whole wheat pasta salad(I made):shrug:,garlic bread:no: but will be hard to pass up especially if on ww bread,apple crisp:shrug:(has brown sugar but everything else is phase 2 friendly!),vanilla ice cream(1 carton of SF 1 carton of regular). How is a person able to do this!?! I am not that strong sooo pick the best of the worst have a little little and be done with it. Tomorrow is Monday I will up the water, up the walking, and get back to eating what needs to be eaten.

Made a batch of bean brownies for the week, and am working on roasting chickpeas for snacks at the pool.

Hope your weekends are going good and safe. will try to get on before swim tomorrow but who knows.

H2ODawg
06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Why would you be discouraged with an 11 pound loss? I think that is wonderful! Good luck in Phase II.

Thanks, all, for the + feedback. Yeah, 11+ is great....but lost 9 of it in the first 9 days OP and the remaining 2 1/2 has been in the last 21!! My husband says that if they ever send people to Mars, they will use my body as a test case on how to live on no food!:devil:

So, the discouragement comes from not feeling like I'm getting anywhere when my diet is SO different from what it used to be...and so much less. :eating2:

I'm going to keep going because I know that if I go back to that way of eating, I WILL gain and I'd rather not lose than gain!! And my metabolism is slow, the days of big losses are gone. I just need to be more patient, I guess.

Thanks for the kudos and see ya 'round the boards.

phxsunflower
06-16-2009, 08:26 AM
good morning all, hope your time on phase one is going good. Yesterday was a good day for me. Today I am hoping for the same. breakfast will be 2 egg whites and an egg made into egg salad and pickles and a 4 oz v-8. Morning snack will be a yogurt with 8 chopped almonds added in. Lunch is roast beef rolls with green beans. Afternoon snack is pepperoni chips and a cheese stick. Dinner is salad with mixed veges and egg. Evening snack is a SF fudge bar. I have today figured out now to start on tomorrow.

Have a great day and a safe one

Jessiebear
06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi All,
Thought i would introduce myself here. I am Jessie. This is my second day on phase 1 and so far it is really going great! I prepared ahead of time, made some south beach muffins and stuck them in the fridge for a breakfast on the go. Also make lemon pie that i found on here and Chocolate black bean brownies, and so far I am very satisfied. Hope this feeling will last!! i have about 100 lbs to lose, and finally decided it was time because I have having some really strong desires to have another baby. I have PCOS and it is pretty bad right now, though my doc thinks that if I lose weight it will get better and my chances will go up. I have 1 son already, so it is possible!
Sorry I am just rambling now...hope to see you all around the board!!

helwa588
06-16-2009, 03:26 PM
i've been thinking for a while to get back on the south beach diet. i think i may join again. at least until i can kick my junk food habit. my body probably needs to go through phase one to rid my body of all those bad carbs i've been eating.

Jessiebear
06-16-2009, 04:13 PM
i've been thinking for a while to get back on the south beach diet. i think i may join again. at least until i can kick my junk food habit. my body probably needs to go through phase one to rid my body of all those bad carbs i've been eating.

Even though I am only on day 2 I am feeling a huge difference, and way different then I have in a long while. I am trying now to figure out how to incorporate exercise.

glitznvixen
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi everyone,
I introduced myself on the post SB Newbie. Basically this is my first time on the SBD and I am going to lose 80lbs:) I started on Sunday and so far so good. Haven't tried any of the desserts for phase 1, they sound interesting-can the black bean brownies be really good?? How is the consistancy?? Anyways, I made a big batch of zucchinni lasagna on Sunday that I have been eating for lunches up until today. I also made lemon garlic chicken, with spinach. With the spinach I made it like I would for the filling of spanakopita. I don't miss the phyllo pastry at all! For snacks I usually have veggies and a slice of skim mozza...I have been drinking more diet coke than I should, but I have cut down considerably.
I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday, but I just can't help it-so far I have lost 2lbs since Sunday!
Anyways, gotta go-have a good day ladies!!!

helwa588
06-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Even though I am only on day 2 I am feeling a huge difference, and way different then I have in a long while. I am trying now to figure out how to incorporate exercise.

this is exactly why i want to re-join. when i was on the south beach i felt the greatest. i felt full of energy my stomach was nice and flat and i didn't feel so bloated. but now since I've been on the SB for over 2 years now i felt awful i feel like my stomach is like a huge balloon.

Jessiebear
06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Good afternoon Ladies!! Hope everyone's day is going well! I just wanted to get on for a moment and tell everyone that as we speak my ENTIRE office is sitting in the conference room stuffing their faces with nasty greasy pizza while I sit here eating my salad....in the past this would bother me, or I would feel left out, but not this time. I feel so good that I wont feel run down and fat after my lunch, and too bad for them that they all will!!! To some this may seem simple to just not partake, but I have never EVER said no to food...and it's fantastic!!! thanks for letting me brag for a moment :-) :-)

Lexxiss
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
:congrat: Jessie

I guess I'd say you had lunch with the SB crew. What an accomplishment! It is a big deal!! Pizza at home can be made healthy, but that stuff in the box is :censored:

SunshineCA
06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Hanging in there and doing well on the re-start of Phase 1/Week 1. I feel soooo much better! :)

glitznvixen
06-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone! I have been doing really well this past few days. Stepped on the scale and was pleased to see since Sunday I am now down 7lbs! I feel really good and don't have any cravings for the bad stuff. Tonight I am making curry chicken. The curry sauce is from the supermarket, it has no sugars, and I am mixing the chicken with a little bit of onion and roasted cauliflower. I'm going to miss the potatoes, carrots and rice, but I'm sure it will be good anyhow.

abovethedin
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Beachers,

Hi to all the new SBers! I hope everyone is doing well. It rained so much yesterday and today is the only rain break we are going to get for the next 5 days that my daughter and I are definitely going to take advantage of it and get outside. I am finally on the decline again and this weekend and we don't have any dinner dates so I am not worried about going off plan. I am actually looking forward to my Monday Morning Weigh In.
Have a wonderful weekend all!

Jen

abovethedin
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Beachers,

Hi to all the new SBers! I hope everyone is doing well. It rained so much yesterday and today is the only rain break we are going to get for the next 5 days that my daughter and I are definitely going to take advantage of it and get outside. I am finally on the decline again this weekend and we don't have any dinner dates so I am not worried about going off plan. I am actually looking forward to my Monday Morning Weigh In.
Have a wonderful weekend all!

Jen

jlh88
06-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Can someone take a look and make sure I'm eating correctly?

Breakfast
Broccoli Quiche w/Eggbeaters
1 scoop of GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein with water

Lunch
4 ounces of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 TBLS Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar
4 cups of Spinach, raw

Dinner
1 can of albacore in water
2 TBLS of Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
4 cups of Spinach, raw
1 cup of Sugar Free Jello-Raspberry

Snacks
1 slice of Kraft® - Singles, 2% American flavor cheese slices with 2 slices of thin Oscar Meyer deli turkey
1 cup, sliced cucumber with 2 tbsp of hummus
4 egg whites

At least 64 ounces of water.

I know I'm not supposed to count calories, but I put it in MyCalorieCounter.com to get a reading of my percentages and make a plan of what I want to eat for the day. Here is the results.

1033 calories
30g fat
5g saturated fat
236mg cholesterol
2819mg sodium
37g carbs
14g fiber
16g sugar
160 g of protein

I noticed my calories are really low, sodium is too high (mainly from turkey meat, frozen chicken breast, tuna, cheese, and dressing), and my protein is really high. I have all my veggies and beans in there though. Any suggestions? Tomorrow will be day 1 of this meal plan so I'm not sure if I'll be "satisfied" and not hungry. I'll let you know. (=

Ruthxxx
06-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Well, the calories are low but I'm more concerned about the lack of fiber. You need to add some more legumes and also dairy. Remember this is NOT a low carb but a good carb diet. Spinach is great but you need more variety in your veggies. Check out the Phase I Food List for suggestions.

I hope this helps. Good start with the plan.

murphmitch
06-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree with Ruth. Get some milk or yogurt. Hummus isn't equivalent to getting a beans serving. Also I avoid the processed cheese slices. They have added food starch and stuff. You need variety in your veggies. Not just spinach and cucumbers. There are so many great options to add to your salads.

jlh88
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The spinach was just to get started. I planned on incorporating different veggies. As weird as it may sound, it's easier for me to have the same things to get started. My first 2 weeks have been hard to keep clean so I don't want to vary my foods too much for fear of fallin' off the wagon. I think I'll incorporate a glass or two of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Soymilk or low fat plain yogurt (mMm! :)) I figured hummus was part of the bean group since it's made out of chickpeas. I'll add some legumes in.

The reason I picked the Kraft singles is because I'm having a hard time finding cheese with 6g or less fat per ounce. The Laughing Cow cheese is a little expensive for the amount you get and Mozzarella and string cheese gets old after awhile ;) Should I be looking for any cheese in particular that would be less than 6 g? All the ones I pick up are 9g.

Thanks for your input guys! :hug:

CyndiM
06-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Most of the reduced fat cheeses I've found at the grocery store have between 4-5 g of fat. You could also try lf or ff cottage or ricotta cheeses. I absolutely love the Cabot ff cottage cheese.

murphmitch
06-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Weight Watchers, Frigo and some of the other cheese companies have single servings of RF cheeses. I like the cheddar ones. Kraft has a LiveActive one that is Colby/Monterey Jack that comes in single servings and is very good.

Jessiebear
06-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi All!! I haven't posted in a few days and all ready it feels like forever...anyways, I have been doing fantastic, and am happy to report that even though my weigh in day is not til monday I got on the scale today and am down 10 lbs since monday!!! guess this really can work...Anyway I am babysitting so can't stay on here, just wanted to share. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

glitznvixen
06-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Good work Jessie!!! Officially it will be my one week tomorrow, I stepped on the scale this morning and went down 3lbs since my last weigh in-making it a total of 10lbs for my first week as well! Now I just have to change my ticker again!:)
Have a good weekend everyone!
Jessie

Jessiebear
06-20-2009, 06:13 PM
HOW EXCITING!!! I can't wait for my official monday weigh in..and I hope this continues next week!!! Good Luck Jessie!!

MadeleinesMom
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi ladies! After a few weeks of some very poor food choices and about five pounds, I'm climbing back onto Phase I for a week to get myself together again! Luckily, DH is climbing back on with me too, so that should make it easier.

LINZLUV
06-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi ladies, I'm starting today on my weight loss journey, it's nice to see so much support. my official weigh in is 220.

My Menu
Day 1:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs & 2 slices Turkey Bacon
Snack: 1 cup V8
Lunch: 1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese
Snack: 4 thin slices of Light Mozza cheese 1 cup V8
Dinner: 2 cups of steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, yellow pepper) 1 boiled b/s ckn breast 1 tbs soy sauce
Snack: 1 cup plain non fat yogurt, 1 pk splenda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2.5 slices thin sliced light mozza

Total Calories: 1319
1 hour deep fit water aerobics
5 glasses water

Jessiebear
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi All!! Hope everyone is having a great day. So I am in my second week now, and started thinking about phase 2 and I am having some serious anxiety about it. I feel so unprepared and like I should just stay on phase 1 for now. Are these feelings normal?

MadeleinesMom
06-23-2009, 04:13 PM
This is my second time doing Phase 1, and so far so good! We have some errands to run tonight, so I'm hoping I can stay OP for dinner and not do something stupid!!

Jessie - I think it's totally normal to feel good about how much you've lost and be a little nervous about starting Phase 2. You have to accept that the weight loss is going to slow down. I even found that I would have a week or more when I would stay the same, and then I'd get weighed and I would have lost two or three pounds at once. So it gets a little frustrating, you just have to try and stick with it and it'll pay off. I think if you start Phase 2 slow by adding one thing in at a time, you'll do fine. It looks like you've done great so far!

murphmitch
06-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi ladies, I'm starting today on my weight loss journey, it's nice to see so much support. my official weigh in is 220.

My Menu
Day 1:

Dinner: 2 cups of steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, yellow pepper) 1 boiled b/s ckn breast 1 tbs soy sauce
Snack: 1 cup plain non fat yogurt, 1 pk splenda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2.5 slices thin sliced light mozza

Total Calories: 1319
1 hour deep fit water aerobics
5 glasses water

Linzluv, you need more veggies. I see none at breakfast or lunch. Lunch needs to be more substantial than just cottage cheese. Your dinner menu looks great. V8 is a great way to get veggies in at breakfast, but you need the filling fiber of real veggies throughout the day.

LINZLUV
06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Linzluv, you need more veggies. I see none at breakfast or lunch. Lunch needs to be more substantial than just cottage cheese. Your dinner menu looks great. V8 is a great way to get veggies in at breakfast, but you need the filling fiber of real veggies throughout the day.

I had just started that day, I went grocery shopping before hand, so I got home around noon and tried to make up for breakfast, lunch and snack, so I do realize I need more veggies, I will post my menu for yesterday, let me know what you think. Thankz for the input!

LINZLUV
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
My Phase 1, Week 1 Menu:

Day 1: (Weight: 222)

Calories: 1323
Total Exercise: 60 minutes deep fit water aerobics (Earned 399 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 924

Day 2 (Weight: 218)

Breakfast: 2 slices of turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 tsp margarine (non hydrogenated) 1c v8
Snack: 1c fat free plain yogurt, 1 pk splenda, cinnamon to taste
Lunch: "Salmon Salad" 2c romaine, 1/2 cup fresh salmon, 4 slices cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, 2 tbs balsamic vinagrette
Snack: 1/2c 1% cottage cheese, 4 thin slices light mozza
Dinner: 1 small b/s chicken breast, 2 cups romaine, 6 cucumber slices, 1c fresh salmon, 6 cherry tomatoes, 2 tbs balsamic vinagrette
Snack: 2 servings of light jello, 2 slices of light mozza

Calories: 2246
Total Exercise: 60 minutes power walking, 60 minutes spinning class (Earned 1249 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 997

Day 3 (Weight: 215)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1c v8, 2 thin slices of light mozza cheese
Snack: 1c ff plain yogurt, 1 spelda pk, cinnamon to taste
Lunch: "Avacado Salad" 2 cups romaine, 1/2 avacado, 6 cherry tomaotes, 4 slices cucumber, 1 slice light mozza cheese, 2 tbs of balsamic vinagrette dressing
Snack: 1/2c 1% cottage cheese, 1 slice of light mozzarella
Dinner: 2 servings of vegetable beef soup, 1 serving of light jello
Snack: 1c of plain ff yogurt, 1pk splenda, cinnamon

Calories: 1748
Total Exercise: 60 minutes water aerobics, 50 minutes leslie sansone 3 mile walk (Earned 653 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 1095

Day 4 (Weight: 213)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1c v8, 2 thin slices of light mozza cheese
Snack: 1.5 cups of veggies, red pepper, cherry tomatoes & cucumber
Lunch: 1 serving of vegetable beef soup, 1c of plain fat free yogurt, 1pk splenda, cinnamon
Snack: 2 slices light mozza, 1 serving light jello
Dinner: 1 new york steak toped with sauteed onions and mushrooms, 2 cups garden salad with 2 tbs balsamic vinegrette, and 2 slices of light mozza
Snack: 1 serving jello

Calories: 1808
Total Exercise: 30 minutes leslie sansone DVD 4 mile workout, 30 minute walk pushing baby stroller (Earned 335 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 1473

Day 5 (Weight: 211)

Breakfast: 1c plain ff yogurt with splenda, 2 c V8
Snack: 2 pickles, 1/2c 1% cottage cheese, 6 cherry tomatoes
Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2c yellow bell pepper, 1 tbs skim ricotta cheese
Snack: 2c of raw veggies (cherry tomato, cucumber, yellow bell pepper) 1/4 an avacado, 1 slice light mozza
Dinner: 2c romaine garden salad with balsamic vinegrette, 1 b/s ckn brst, 2c steamed broccoli & cauliflower
Snack: 1/2c 1 % cottage cheese

Calories: 1520
Total Exercise: 2 hrs major house cleaning, 25 minutes of WATP (Earned 608 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 912

Day 6 (Weight: 211)

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs
Snack: 1c plain ff yogurt, splenda, cinnamon, 2c mix raw veggies
Lunch: 2c turkey salad with 1 serving of light mozza, 1/2c V8
Snack: 1c plain ff yogurt, splenda
Dinner: BBQ sirloin steak with BBQ veggies and garden salad with 1 serving of light mozza, 1/2c V8
Snack: cheese & sausages, 1/2c 1% cottage cheese

Calories: 1661
Total Exercise: Went camping, did not exercise today
Total Calories: 1661

Day 7 (Weight: no weigh in, due to camping)

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, 1c 1% cottage cheese, 1c V8
Snack: 2c mix veggies
Lunch: 1c yogurt, sausage & cheese
Snack: 1c yogurt
Dinner: stirfry beef with prawns over sauteed veggies
Snack: cheese & sausage

Calories: 1365
Total Exercise: Went camping, did not exercise today
Total Calories: 1365
[B]

Monday morning weigh in: [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]210

Total weight lost after 1 week: [COLOR="Black"]12 lbs

Christine72273
06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi All. I started Phase one on June 14. As of tonight I am down 12lbs. Just wanted to quit lurking and say hi.

murphmitch
06-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, Christine! Congratulations and welcome to South Beach.

:welcome2:

RoyalAthena
06-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Okay, I am on Day 2. Here we go. I am going to do this. No sugaaaaaaaaaaar! Ive been drinking a protein shake in the morning (withbmilk for dairy) and eating chili for lunch. I heard the dairy and beans make it doable. I am on it this time. I will make it to the fruit phase (Phase 2) ! ;). Later to ya'll...Im at work!

glitznvixen
06-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone!
Today is my last day on Phase 1, officially I am down 12 lbs. Although when I was a couple of pounds higher but was working out, my waist measurement was 3 inches less than it is now. Anyone else experience this?

Christine-good job and welcome!!!

Royal Athena- I know how hard it is to get off of sugar. I love my sugar, pasta and bread!! Take it a day at a time and you'll be fine. I found those peanut butter cookies from the SB recipe forum helped satisfy my sweet tooth.

Linzluv-That is great that you are so prepared! That is what helped me with phase 1.

Take care and good luck everyone!

LINZLUV
06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
My Phase 1, Week 2 Menu:

Day 8 (Weight: 210)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 turkey bacon, 1c V8
Snack: 1c plain ff yogurt
Lunch: 1.5c mixed veggies raw, 1c 1% cottage cheese, 1c 1% milk
Snack: 2 servings light mozza, 3 slices garlic sausage
Dinner: 1 ckn b/s chicken breast, 2c garden salad with balsamic vinagrette, 2c steamed broccoli & cauliflower, 2 tbs margarine
Snack:

Calories: 1366 so far
Total Exercise: 60 minutes WATP 4 mile, 25 minute ball DVD workout, 45 minute strength training, 60 minute water aerobics class (Earned 942 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 424 so far

Day 9 (Weight: 214)

Breakfast: 2 scram eggs with 2 turkey bacon, 1 c V8
Snack:
Lunch: 2 schnieders all beef hot dogs (yes I know....I'm bad)
Snack:
Dinner: 1c pasta (yes bad again)
Snack: 1c ice cream, and 1/2 mickey of crown royal (OMG..Bad)

Calories: 1611
Total Exercise: 30 minutes of badminton (Earned 146 calories from exercise)
Total Calories: 1346

Day 10 (Weight: 214)

Breakfast: 2 scarm eggs, 2 turkey bacon, 1cV8
Snack: 1c plain ff yogurt, 1 splenda
Lunch: 3c "chicken salad" with mixed veggies and balsamic vinagrette
Snack: 5 ww wheat stoned thin crackers (bad yes) 2 servings of light mozza, 3 slices garlic sausage
Dinner:
Snack:

Calories: 1227
Total Exercise: None
Total Calories: 1227

Day 11 (Weight: )

Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:
Snack:
Dinner:
Snack:

Calories:
Total Exercise:
Total Calories:

Day 12 (Weight: )

Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:
Snack:
Dinner:
Snack:

Calories:
Total Exercise:
Total Calories:

Day 13 (Weight: )

Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:
Snack:
Dinner:
Snack:

Calories:
Total Exercise:
Total Calories:

Day 14 (Weight: )

Breakfast:
Snack:
Lunch:
Snack:
Dinner:
Snack:

Calories:
Total Exercise:
Total Calories:

LINZLUV
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Linzluv-That is great that you are so prepared! That is what helped me with phase 1.

Thank you, I'm so happy to have lost 12 lbs in one week!

Jessiebear
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Good Afternoon all,

So I was doing so so so well, until we had guests this weekend and weekend full of activities, and it just went to pieces...2 days of really aweful eating, though I was really proud of myself being able jump right back on today. I am going to stick to phase 1 for a little bit though (today was supposed to be my first day of phase 2), has anyone ever done this before? I am hoping jumping right back into it will be ok, i am worried about this weekend though because we will be out of town on saturday and sunday.

ladyrider72472
06-29-2009, 08:07 PM
So, a little back ground on me. I have done every diet on the planet I think. I have lost most of my weight this time from strictly exercise. But, I am going after this last 20 pounds full force the day after my bday.

I have a question, has anyone on SB noticed any change in their mood after shedding the refined sugar and carbs? I am doing some research as I have noticed a lot of changes in my moods and I think it could be food related. I would appreciate your input on this.

Lexxiss
06-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Ladyrider:sunny:
My mood is definitely on a more even keel. Not so many ups and downs. I don't have a way to check but I believe it has a direct correlation to my blood sugar stabilizing. My BP has dropped substantially! So much in 8 weeks that I am no longer taking my BP medication. Even though I felt quite good thru P1 I was just noticing today that I am feeling even better all the time.

SunshineCA
07-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

I will be re-starting Phase 1 again. My scale and I are at odds with each other after 'IT' showed me numbers that were increasing rather than decreasing.

I know that going back to the beginning will be a plus for me. As well as increasing my exercise. I also need to swap the vino for more water. :) I also need to go the supermarket and/or Costco to re-stock on the basics.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to re-joining soon!

CyndiM
07-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Sunshine - Join us in the exercise thread. It really helps keep me accountable. It also keeps me away from the wine on those days my exercise happens in the evenings. No wine until after exercise :)

SunshineCA
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Sunshine - Join us in the exercise thread. It really helps keep me accountable. It also keeps me away from the wine on those days my exercise happens in the evenings. No wine until after exercise :)

I will. I like the idea of the "No Wine Until After Exercise" rule! :) That's something to look forward to once I get back to Phase 2. :)