View Full Version : Weekly Chat: June 1-June 7

Tejas
06-01-2009, 12:55 AM
New Pages!

:carrot: :grouphug:

Tejas
06-01-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm home, thank goodness. Travelling is such a privilege, and so tiring :yawn:

I've been OP all day, getting back on track. Actually, I wasn't too bad while we were away, but we know how it goes. I didn't get even half of the exercise I thought I would. Tonight I walked the entire length of the United Airlines terminal in Chicago. I should have done it twice, but at least I did it. It took about 20 minutes.

Now, I'm headed for bed. See in the AM.

Rhonda

beach bum
06-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

W-I this morning and I lost 1lb. I was shocked ,but than again I able to exercise again. Had a great day seeing my friends again and than chewing on the fat later at our Sunday Brunch.

RHONDA-Thanks for the start up. I can't believe it June 1st already,and my birthday will be soon around the corner and I haven't made a dent in this weight goal that's when I promised myself that I be by now. Oh well I guess I'll aim for the end of the year.

Sandra-Had a wonderful day with my friends.

COCO-Good luck with your dh knee surgery,sending good vibes that everything goes fine. No I didn't sit with the choir I was in the back of the church so I could put my food up on the bench,met than afterward.

Vickie
06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I lost 1 pound......me and Mary Ann.....woo hoo!

Rhonda, you were in Chicago! What a bummer you couldn't have stayed longer. We are a great city. Isn't O'Hare HUGE?

BBL, I've a million errands to run.

Tejas
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi again,

Yes, VIckie, I was in your town for 1 1/2 hours and O'Hare is way too big! I remember once in the 70's having to run across it. Thank goodness I was younger then. Now, I'd just refuse and miss the plane.

I can claim that I had a successful trip. I didn't gain even one ounce. My weight is exactly the same! Tomorrow is WI so let's hope it holds!

Back to spinning tomorrow. That's gonna hurt!

BBL,
Rhonda

Vickie
06-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Take it easy Rhonda. Congratulations on holding your own. That's not easy eating in restaurants.

ontarget
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Rhonda, Vickie, and Maryann, I am so happy for all of you. Your hard work is paying off.

I'm still op, too. This is the 1st day of week 2.

Tejas
06-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Went to spinning tonight...better to get back into it quickly. It was fine actually. Tomorrow might be a different story :lol:

I had a nice green salad with 1/2 chicken breast, 1/4 avocado and some kidney beans for dinner. It was very tasty.

Rhonda

ontarget
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
You rock, Rhonda. Way to go, girl!

Tejas
06-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Good Morning:

I'm not too sore, but I've noticed that about 24 hours after spinning I can really, really feel it. My friend goes almost everyday (but she confessed that she didn't go much while I was away!) but I can't take that...not yet.

I think one of the things that I like about spinning is the almost total expenditure of energy. As my friend said last night as we went into the spinning studio: Let's sweat!

I need to strengthen my quads, for both spinning and walking. I bet that losing strength in the quads is one reason older people sometimes have unsteady gaits...I actually don't know, but it sounds reasonable to me ;)

Sandra, I'm happy to read that you're having good weeks.

I wonder where Kathy and Tech/Donna are these days?

I hope you all have a great day today....I'll BBL.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
06-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Happy Tuesday. Well, i did track everything yesterday. Its so easy to get out of that habit. I'm working toward a loss this week - I'll take any loss. I've been holding steady for a few weeks now, but I've also been lax with the plan. Getting dd on the bus in a few minutes, then grocery shopping. later this morning dh and I are off to get a new ceiling fan for our bedroom. The electrical wiring should get done later this week, and we have narrowed the color down to 2. DH is going to get samples so I can see which I like better. Both are basically the same color, ones darker.

Vickie, Maryann -- congrats on your losses!
Rhonda -- congrats on staying the same while away. Thats just as hard as losing when home.
Sandra, good luck on plan this week. Are you tracking?

Well, got to get moving. BBL

beach bum
06-02-2009, 08:08 AM

Its a new week for me, and I started to exercise before breakfast. I went 20 mins on the bike,using Rhonda's spinning technique[closing my eyes and imagine riding to where ever i going and than back again] and I must say it works.

VICKIE-Congrats on your weight loss also.

RHONDA-Congrats for maintaining while away from home. Is the spinning bike really very different from the reg stationary bike???? I was never an avocado fan until just recently when I started trying them again and your right they are delicious.

SANDRA-Thanks,I feel better now that I exercising again. Glad to hear your still on program for the second week, I like your icons on your siggy.

Tejas
06-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Maryann: I don't know all the ways the bikes are different, but on the spinning bike you can adjust the tension with a knob very easily. You can go very quickly, up to 100 revolutions of the wheel per minute or more...although the teachers have all said not to go above that.

One exercise we did last night was to tighten the tension so that working at the level of 65 RPM's was difficult, then switching quickly to up to 100 RPM's. We did this about 6 times.

Also, you can stand up out of the saddle, like on a regular bike. We do quite a bit of that, although I do less than the others (who are about 1/2 my age usually!) .

I just had the same kind of salad for lunch that I had for dinner last night. I got up early and had breakfast at 6 AM; I'm really hungry :hungry:

Rhonda

coco99
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much going on here.
Hubby is doing ok.
Yesterday. The knee DR said he had bursatisi in the knee. And if it wasnt better in a month or got worse. To call. And they would recheck him. And maybe drain the fluid off.
The kidney Dr went ok also. Did some blood work to check a couple of things. And then he had to go for a ultra sound this morning of the kidneys. So will just wait and see if we hear anything. Dr said if there was anything that we needed to know about or any concerns they would call. So I guess. No call good news.
So that has been my day yesterday and so far today.
Well I took my glasses back today. I just couldnt see out of them right. I had to get progressive lens in them. They said they take some time to get use too. Well I had them almost two months. And I still couldnt see out of them. So ordered my another pair from a different place. So will see what happens with these. Does anyone else have the progressive lens. Are there any ideas on how to get use to them. I had never had them before. I know wearing them. But mine made me sick whenever I would turn my head.
Well I better get off here.
Need to get a couple of things done. Want to hang a couple of shirts out when they get done washing.
So I will be back later.
coco
P.S. CONGRATS to VICKIE AND BEACHBUM for the loss. :carrot: That is awesome. I stayed the same. But will take it.

coco99
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Well I thought I would check in before it storms. It is getting kinda stormy looking.
So hope it passes over.
Got my shirts hung out. And dried.
So now tomorrow will have to wash towels and the guys jeans. Then I think the laundry will be done. YEAH!!!!
Well I am going to get off here.
Hope everyone is ok. And had a wonderful day.
Thinking of each of you.
Night
coco

Tejas
06-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

Paula, good for you for getting back on track. Sometimes it gets so tedious to keep track but it really matters doesn't it. My powerwalking teacher now has us recording our food and entering it into a web site that gives us the nutritional breakdown of our meals. I haven't plugged it in yet...but, it will be interesting I think.

Coco, I don't have to wear glasses but I know that friends have found those glasses hard to get used to.

Maryann, you might think about getting a heart monitor if you keep up the exercise. Mine cost about $100 and it really gives good information about how much effort you are expending. I'm not too technically expert but I can operate it (most of the time!). There is a band that goes around your mid-section and a watch that gives your heart rate, calories, etc. It's fun to get the immediate feedback.

So, I've been spinning this morning and will go again on Friday. I found it hard to do my powerwalking yesterday but I'm persevering with this program.

I also find it hard not to eat too much on the days when I spin. I have to eat a bit before I go and then I'm hungry again really quickly...drink more water, drink more water!

I've got another day of report writing and then an event tonight. My program runs another one in the high schools..we teach sociology and the students who pass earn a university credit. Tonight is their graduation, and it's always a raucous event! My job is to thank the donors, a major Canadian bank. That's easy!

I hope you all have a good day.

Rhonda

Tejas
06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Here's the link to the spinning bike...

http://www.startracusa.com/ps-133-11-spinner-pro.aspx

beach bum
06-03-2009, 10:21 AM

Wasn't feeling well last night so I went to bed around 8:30 and just woke up a while ago. Have no idea what it was,except for a stuffy nose and weakness in my legs and arms. This morning I'm feeling fine again.Could it be that going back to exercising which my arms & legs are not used too???

Going for a walk this morning,but only to the ball field and back 20 m round trip.

RHONDA-I have a tension button on my bike,but I can stand on it, as its meant for sitting.When it comes to revolutions I can go 80 per min on mine. My bike is called the Stamula "air bike"that I bought in Wal-mart about 10 years ago. The exercise computer on mine is broken so I go by my alarm clock to get an idea of how many mins I was on the bike.Thanks for explaining the spinning that you do in class.

A heart monitor?????Usually I walk or try to power walk on the days when it sunny & warm outside the only time I use the bike is on rainy or day we don't go out,and when I use the bike I don't go as fast as you do,In a 30 min ride I might go 4- 80 revs for about 4 mins total.See that's the one thing I don't want to do is to overeat, as I trying to hold my calories done to a minimum of the range I'm on 1300-1700 leaning to the 1300 so far this week.Thanks for the spinning bike link.

COCO-Sorry that you had such a trying day.Can't hep you in the progressive lenses glasses as I only ware glasses for driving and distance.Thanks for the congrats hope I'm on my way to going downward on the scale this second half of the year.

Its 10:20 PM were is everyone??????

coco99
06-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Did have a bad storm last night. Lights flickered a few times. But didnt lose power.
Got my towels in to wash.
Had to take sons cell phone and have it looked at. Wouldnt come on or charge. They said the battery needed clean. So they wiped it off and it seems to work. So he will be happy about that.

BEACHBUM hope you are feeling better today.

TEJAS Hope your graduation goes well. And you get your report wrote.

VICKIE how are you doing.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok. Do you have any shooting things coming up.

Well am going to get off here.
Hope everyone has a great day.
coco

Tejas
06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Report finished :woohoo:

...until the next draft! :(

ontarget
06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Coco, I hope your day's been better today. We have a 3D tournament this weekend. Our next "big" tournament is the middle of July. It's a state championship. This is sort of a "slow" time for us--but we're enjoying working in the yard. Did I say "We"? I mean "I".

Rhonda, you're doing great with the exercise. I'll bet you're feeling better. How is Doyle doing with the Diet Cokes? I'm just having 1 every now and then. I'm not keeping them here at home any more.

I lost a friend last month and am losing another now. They are calling hospice in this afternoon. I am sad.

Sorry to unload on ya'll. I try to be positive most of the time. This is just pretty hard. But it's part of life and I shall be a "Steel Magnolia."

Maryann, it could have been the exercise that made you weak. Just hang in there. How close are you to your birthday goal? I'm thinking you're almost there.

coco99
06-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi there
ONTARGET I am so sorry about your friend. You and your friend will be in my prayers. I need to get out and do some yard work myself. Need to weed the flower beds. Maybe one of these days.

So not much has happened since I was on here earlier. Did fix some steak on the grill for supper. Was mighty tasty.
Wont be on here in the morning. Taking the girls to the groomers. And then run some errands while they are there. So will get on sometime later in the day.

TEJAS glad you got your report done.

Well I am going to get off here.
Get things ready for tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Vickie
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I ate off program the last two days. Tomorrow I shall be better. I'm not sure I'm going to have access to my kitchen so this is not going to be easy. My grout in my ceramic tile is getting cleaned, stained, and sealed tomorrow and Friday. Lordy. Gotta get it done before Sara gets here. I hope it's not too stinky.

It's SO easy to get off program.

Vickie
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Sandra, I'm SO SO sorry. I'll never forget how hard it was to say goodbye to my best friend Cindy. I don't think it ever gets any easier. Please don't apologize for asking us for support. Lord only knows that I'm always asking for it. That's what we are here for. Just don't eat over it. It doesn't help.

coco99
06-03-2009, 07:46 PM
VICKIE Dont worry about being off track. We all have been there. I know you will be back on program. Maybe by them working on your kitchen that will help you get back on track. I know if I couldnt get to my kitchen that would help me. But seems like that is where I end up spending most of my time.
Have a great evening.
coco

ontarget
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Thank you, friends. I love you.

Vickie, just dust off and get back on track. You're right it is easy to get off program. Just hang in there. You're doing great.

Tejas
06-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends.

Life is too tough sometimes. I, for one, don't like the deal that we've been dealt at times. I know that we have to leave this earth, but it's too hard to lose ones that we love.

Rhonda

beach bum
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM

Its not a good day for walking outdoors unless you like to get wet,Its raining out,and will be for the rest of the day. Guess I'll be on my bike and will walk with my walking video.

COCO-I find today,it must have been something about exercising over load. I hoping to grill some marinated steak kabobs on Saturday,but now I hear we're going to have rain for the res of the week ,so I guess the steaks will have to go under the broiler instead.

RHONDA-Congrats on getting the report done.

SANDRA-So sorry to here that your losing another dear friend.I know how hard it must be for you,I had my share of that a few years ago. Sending you cyber:hug: and prayers.

I'm not close to my birthday goal at all,not even a smig. I wanted to be down to 150 by than since the being of the year,now I have to wait for the 2nd half.

VICKIE-You've done so well and 2 days in not going to make a big difference.I agree what COCO said. Hope you get your kitchen done before Sara arrives.

Have a great morning

Tejas
06-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi:

I went to my MD yesterday and she told me that I am "pre-hypertensive." So, we're monitoring that and I am on a new mission with the diet and exercise. I've been on the WEB-MD and Mayo Clinic sites. You won't be surprised to read that weight loss helps. Of course, that's not a guarantee either that BP will come down, but I've got to push harder.

I don't eat much salt but I'm going to examine everything I eat for salt. I'll follow the other guidelines also and see what happens.

Other than that, all is well here.

Sorry that you didn't get out to walk Maryann. The weather really affects my desire to be outside also.

Vickie, you'll get back on track in no time. I have a craving for a great big bacon cheeseburger!!! Tough, it's really tough...

But, I did lose another pound :woohoo:

Oh well,
Rhonda

coco99
06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Just saying "HI"
Son will be home from work soon.
So will have to get things ready for supper.
So will be back later. And fill you in on my day.
coco

coco99
06-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Was going to fill you in on my day.
Just alot of running around.
But am tired. And am going to go and relax.
So will be back tomorrow.
Night Everyone
coco

ontarget
06-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Vickie, how was your day? I know how stressful having remodeling going on. Just don't let it get to you.

Rhonda, I am proud of you for taking control of your health. You're already making strides with weightloss and exercise. Just keep on keeping on.

Coco, get some rest.

Maryann, think how much closer you are to goal than you used to be. You make a lot of good choices daily. I think you're doing well.

I went to another friend's retirement reception today. We all had a great time. I'm seriously thinking of substitute teaching next year. It was good to be back at my old school today seeing everyone.

Tejas
06-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Lost another pound!

Sandra, I think that you should just spread the love around and do that teaching next year. I bet that you are an awesome teacher and the kids love you. What better source of receiving love while doing good?

I'm off to spinning..

Rhonda

beach bum
06-05-2009, 08:45 AM

Have to be brief as I have to get ready to see the doctors this morning for my follow up appointment since my second MRI. Just want to know what the MRI read and if I have a future problem with this sciatic nerve.

Nothing new,just noticed that my belly is getting smaller,when looking into the mirror,or is it a trick or a optical illusion. :lol3: Going to take my measurements next W-I to see for sure.

RHONDA-Sorry about you being pre-hypertensive,hope it nothing serious.. I like the Mayo clinic & webdoc sites.The the only ones I use when looking up something.Don't talk about salt & sodium I thing there my middle name. I'm always looking at labels for those buggers. Thanks Lat least I think today I will be able to walk before the rain hits,hope the doctor won't keep me waiting to long.

COCO-Don't let yourself be rundown,its not good for you take some time out to relax and deep breath.

SANDRA-Thanks I hope you're right and I don't fall into any mishaps a long the way especially on the second 1/2 of the year. If that what you want [substitute teaching] go for it. My DD is helping the teachers in the school and love to to sub teach.

ontarget
06-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you, Rhonda and Maryann. I think I will sign up to sub. I've been looking at the websites for the 2 schools. The excitement is building.

Maryann, I hope you get a good report from your MRI. You've suffered long enough.

I am op. This is almost 2 weeks now. Life is good.

coco99
06-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone

ONTARGET that would be wonderful to be a sub. Is there any certain grade you would want to sub for. Or for whatever grade. Good job on being on track for two weeks. That is awesome.

BEACHBUM How did the Dr's appt go. Been wondering. The rain finally left us. It rained most of the day yesterday. Just been really cloudy today. And a little cool. Suppose to be nice tomorrow.

TEJAS Hope you had a good spinning class.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH how are you.

VICKIE How are you doing. Did they get your grout done. Hope so. I got my girls new collars yesterday. One is a camping theme. The other is a pink John Deere one. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Well am going to get off here.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
06-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Just a quick hello. Spinning was great. I had a wonderful lunch with two colleagues at the university today...went a little over my points, but except for the wine, it was all Core.

I'm not having supper, just some yogurt.

Talk to you tomorrow..

Rhonda

ontarget
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Coco, I'm thinking 5th grade up. And I'm just thinking 3 days a week keeping Monday and Fridays free. (I need my long weekends.)

Rhonda, I had a glass of wine at Olive Garden Thursday. I thought of you.

Vickie
06-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Chicks! No time to chat still. The floors are finished and look GREAT! We are still walking around on them funny because we need to avoid the grout for a couple of days.

I'm off to the Great Nephew's last baseball game this morning at 10:00. Then errands for the pool and for Sara the pup.

I haven't really been on program all week. I haven't been horrible, just not good. And the water has been difficult because of the whole floor situation. So I may skip JC this week. Scarey but I'm sure I'm not quitting. It's just stupid to go and buy more food when I've not been on program.

I hope you are all well.

Sandra, I'm thinking of you especially.

Tejas
06-06-2009, 09:21 AM
27 pounds lost! Wow, Vickie, you're doing great....!!

beach bum
06-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Another drizzly day so I'm compiled to exercise indoors today. According to my chart of calories in - calories out, the exercising that I'm doing is really lowering my calorie intake,and that's dangerous,especially to weight loss. I remember being at WW and when my calories we're brought under 1200 I either gained or stalled.So I decided to exercise once a day and not the two that I'm doing.

Yesterday when at the doctors, he read the MRI to me,saying that I had a disc that's in the spinal section of the tail bone that cased the sciatic nerve to hurt. The only thing that he could do for me if still hurting was a cortisone shot or if it gets too bad back surgery would be necessary.

I ask him if there's anything I can do to prevent this in the future.He told me core exercisers, like crunches. I told him it was impossible to lay on my back and do them. Than he asked if I had a abs machine, I told him yes, but I haven't use it in a long time. I do have a booklet that has standing back exercisers called "Banish the Potbelly"He preferred crunches but if I can't do them whats the sense .So I'm going to try the standing back exercisers anyway and see what happens.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope the core straightening exercises will,help future episodes.

COCO-Thanks,I was hoping for a better day myself as I like to BBQ a marinate steak for my dinner but it looks like I have to use the ovens broiler instead.

RHONDA-Missed your post on your weight loss.Big congrats:carrot: for losing that 1lb.:carrot: Gee!! that spinning class is really working for you.That's not bad having the wine,after all you do have the WPA's in reserve.

VICKIE-Thanks for checking in,even when you have so many things to do.Glad the kitchen floors are done,and after the whole project is finished you can relax and be proud of what was done. Don't think one week without Jenny is going to make that much of a difference in your weight loss. Two other woman on another board swear about Jenny and the weight that they losing. Have a great time at your nephews baseball game.

Tejas
06-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi:

Yesterday, I walked a long way in nylons and shoes I don't normally wear, so there's a blister forming on the bottom of foot, near my toes. I went to the Powerwalking class this morning not to walk, but to hear the planned lecture on nutrition. This teacher is really good. I thought I'd pass on to you that she said in her opinion it is much better to get more of your daily protein in the morning, and spread out the carbohydrate consumption througout the day.

We're going north of here to ride a steam train this afternoon:

http://www.creditvalleyexplorer.com/

We'll have dinner on the train and come home. It looks like fun.

Rhonda

ontarget
06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Rhonda, thanks for sharing the information with us. Have fun on your train ride. Sounds like fun.

Vickie, I hear ya on the construction. Ours starts Tuesday. I'm excited. I think the porches/decks will make our home seem a lot larger. We plan to spend a lot of time on them. Why do I say "porches nd decks"? Beats me how it started, but we're calling the floors the decks and the roofs the porches. Does that make sense? :lol:

Maryann, I hope your exercise program works and you become pain free. We went to the club this morning via garage sale routes. I did 50 min on :ebike:

Today we're doing yardwork then going to visitation for our friend. His service is tomorrow. His suffering is over now. That is sad for those left behind but is a blessing for him.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll holler back atcha later.

coco99
06-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone
Got the errands done this morning.
Waiting on a load of clothes to finish washing. And going to hang them out.
And then dont know what I will get into.
Did drag my rocker out of the basement. Put it on the porch. So need to wipe it off. And maybe after bit work on my flower bed.
Got several things to do. But dont know what to start with first.
The guys are away for the day/night. This is the first time in I dont know how long. That I have been by myself. I am surprised son took hubby with him.
So I better get off here and get something done.
Will be back later.
coco

coco99
06-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Well I posted something.
But it wouldnt go through for some reason. So lost it.
So I'm not going to go and repost everything I had said.
Just know that I am thinking of each of you.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
coco

Vickie
06-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Finally a break for me. I'm going to have breakfast and come back and catch up with you all. My birthday trip is done and so is my floor. That was the last of our kitchen spiffing from last fall. I let the floor wait so we could do it with the windows open.

I've been off program for a week and am not weighing in at Jenny Craig this week. I'll go a week from tomorrow. I'm firmly back on program today.

Tejas
06-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi:

We had fun on the train trip and the prime rib they served was absolutely delicious. I was surprised that it would be so good. Probably a whole day worth of points :lol:

We spent the night in a very modest motel and drove home today. Now, there are two young men working in my back yard, cleaning and putting down sod. I tell you I cried when they filled in Jake's favorite holes where he laid in the shade :( We miss that guy so much!!

A house very similar to mine went on the market yesterday. We'll see if it sells and for how much.

I'm making chicken breasts stuffed with onions and mushrooms for dinner. I made DH some banana pudding so my challenge will be to be content with the two big spoonfuls that I have had of it!! I'll do it.

Rhonda

Tejas
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM
..the chicken breasts were great...and, I avoided the banana pudding....

ontarget
06-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Vickie, I don't blame you for not going to JC tomorrow. Just be careful. You're doing so well.

Rhonda, your trip sounds very romantic. I wish I could help you feel better about Jake's being gone. :hug: Congratulations on not eating the banana pudding. You're a strong lady.

We went to church, out to lunch, then to the funeral today. I am still on program. This is 2 weeks now. I guess the honeymoon is about over but I'm still doing well.