20-Somethings - ***Weekly Chat-May 31st- June 6th ***

starmac13
05-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Sweet I get to start the thread this week

How was everyone's weekend? Anything exciting happen?

As for me, I stayed OP for the first time I think in 2 months. I have no life. It is quite sad when that is the highlight of my weekend. Please someone top it.

stellarosa27
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey, I have no life and I struggled to stay OP this weekend so I'm still saying you topped me :) The only thing I did of interest was to drive to PA to spend time with a friend and then I got lost on hiking trails.

I'm in Michigan right now - I now get the "Great" part of the Great Lakes - friggin huge! We're slightly in the middle of nowhere and its still light out, so this is a little disturbing, but eh. I'm going to read and go to sleep early so I can wake up and do the 30DS (I brought Jillian with me!) and squeeze a half hour in at the gym downstairs. It opens at 6 (boo) so I'd only have time for that much anyway. I'm so spoiled with my gym at home opening at 5.

HeatherMcG
05-31-2009, 09:38 PM
I start my babysitting gig tomorrow. $5/ hour + $20/week for gas. I wish my house would get done! Dang electric company better hurry up and get things fixed. It's like they don't want my money for utilities or something? :shrug: :D

Iconised Ghost
06-01-2009, 03:46 AM
lol i gave up being on plan this weekend! Since i had a gain after my huge loss (i gained it ALL back even though i was pretty good) i was discouraged. But my PT called and said that i should give his plan 6 weeks before i think about seeing a change, and i may even see a gain before a loss. Wish he had told me that before sunday night :dizzy: but hes got me a weight lifting and full body work out plan for me so i'll do that tomorrow hopefully. tricky thing is that i have to be home with my cat :( I took her to the vet on friday to check out her wound, make sure it was healing, but it wasnt. Now she has had a drain and stitches put in and has to go back tomorrow to have it checked and the drain taken out and it all stitched up :( if they have to knock her out for that then i'll head to the gym, if not then i cant go. Next week is busy work wise as well so im going to be stressing about that, and working out, and writing my thesis >.<

Chele615
06-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Ugh....last week's 3 day weekend spoiled me ;) LOL I don't like this whole "Getting up for work thing on Mondays". This weekend was pretty good. I allowed myself some cookie dough ice cream on Saturday night because it was a good week and I was craving some! haha

It's going to be a busy week....graduation for my seniors and MCAS Biology tests for our freshmen. And I have to go for a crown at the dentist this afternoon. I'm already looking forward to next weekend!

aneleh
06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
haha starmac, I spent the weekend on plan too, and that is all I did, literally lol. I have SO much time since moving here, it's pretty much my hobby, cooking, eating, and working out lol. And then blogging about it.

miss shelly84
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Greetings all,

My weekend went well... spent it in St Louis having a wonderful time with family.

Now is where the stressful part comes... doing all this moving stuff, packing things into boxes and cleaning, and so on and so forth. My parents were at least nice enough to tell me WHAT to do in the next two weeks, but I am here by myself and kind of freaking out. :dizzy:

I bought myself the 30DS to do... I hear that this is a good program from this board, and if it actually moves the numbers DOWN instead of nowhere, it will be most excellent.

By the way, I did fix the scale. It was indeed set on kgs by mistake and had a little dial that you could change from lbs to st to kg. It's sad when I'm getting too old to figure out how a scale works. :D

Anyhoo, I'll be back this afternoon, after I pack some boxes. Have a great day.

M

luvja
06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Chicks.

I hope you all ENJOYED your weekend, on plan or not!
My weekend was alright. I got my hair done last night and it looks FABULOUS. I LOVE having a best friend as a hairdresser :) hehe. I wanted to go back to my natural colour, dirty blonde. So she put brown hair dye in my hair, let it sit for 20 mins, washed it out and it looks dirty blonde! I was shocked. Looks very very natural. Plus I have light blonde highlightes coming through. I am pleased.
I have to jump on my elliptical shortly,

Here's to a week on plan, everyone. CHEERS!!! xoxo

HeatherMcG
06-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Ahh...:beach: summer break! :flow2: I LOVE not waking up at 6 anymore! :dancer:

Hope everyone has a great week!

luvja
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
This whole "rain everyday" thing is getting old Mother Nature!!

JadeBlue14
06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Luvja I wanna see pictures!

Hey ladies. So I disappeared last week because we had to prepare for my graduation party. I have a large family, so it was epic. It was a blast, but I was totally off plan.
I got on the scale this morning, and i was up a little over a pound. Not as bad as I thought it would be. But it is definitely time to get my butt back in gear this week.
I walked/jogged/ran on the treadmill this morning, after maybe 3 weeks of not really doing it, and it's amazing how much back sliding can happen in that time. I will have to work myself back down to my 13:30 mile, and then keep cutting it lower. I think I did a mile in 17 minutes today. I was at 1.87 miles at 32 minutes after my cool down. But now I have a goal to reach for.

I hope you all have a great Monday

Blcarter84
06-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I am ready for some sunshine...nuff said!

luvja
06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I am ready for some sunshine...nuff said!

Amen Sistah!

blissclaire
06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
So, the weekend went well. I ran into an old friend yesterday at the sushi bar, and i couldn't be happier. I am MAKING myself go to the gym today if it almost kills me. OH... And I found out that one of the job interviews that I had is nothing but a pyramid scam. So, I cancelled the other interview I had today, because I'm not driving an hour and a half for one interview.

Anywho, I found out that the Tractor Supply store that they just finished building like a mile from me is hiring. So, hopefully, I can get hired on with them and make some moola over the summer.

shantroy
06-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I had a rediculously busy weekend. Friday we baby sat my bf's neice aka Little Miss Bossy Pants. She's a good kid and lots of fun, but holy crap she's on her way to being quite the little dicator!

Sat the bf and I got up early and went out to the mountains for a hike. Then booked it back to town for a friend's battle of the bands in his backyard. There were about 150ppl there. So much fun but totally nuts. I ducked out early and headed to a friend's place for a Charmed DVD marthon. Sunday was the Lilac street festival here so we spend serval hours wandering around and stopping in at various beer gardens. I totally didn't pay attention to what I ate all day sunday, but I had a blast! I got up super early this morning even though I was completely exhusted from the weekend.

I'm heading to my former roommates place tonight to help her pick out an outfit for her job interview tomorrow. I kinda forgot and was looking forward to chillin and getting some laundry done tonight, but that's not going to happen now.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll swing by in a bit to do some personals!

Bee20nine
06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey Girlies!

I feel like its been forever since I posted on here. Its been a whirlwind of a weekend. My friends and I went out and seen Night at the Museum and Up this weekend. Up is a great pixar movie, and the pixar short is soooooo cute. Food wise maybe not as good as I wanted but I could have definitely done worse. Btw going out with friends is fridgin expensive I calculated what I spent going out to movies and resturaunts and its somewhere in the $60 range.

I started my jury duty today. OMG how f'n boring we were only there for orientation so I still had to go work after because we didnt stay long enough. I got to sit in the jury box chairs which has cushions on them I got warm and I was almost asleep. I was trying my best to stay awake as the judge droned on about keeping an open mind throughout the duration of the trial etc. He shut up just in time I was so head bobbing LOL. I am hoping for walking after work tonight I think I might have the house to myself when I get home. Well back to work for now ttfn.

shantroy
06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Bee I don't envy you with jury duty. It doesn't sound like it would be a whole lot of fun. I'm so happy that I'm exempt from it! I have degree in sociology with a minor in criminology and b/c of this I can't serve on a jury. Who know that getting my useless degree would have at least one perk!

blissclaire
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM
OMG... I went to the gym today for the first time in about two months... I forgot how nice it felt... Maybe I do need to get out of my house to work out, as the huge stack of workout dvd's are sitting next to my tv collecting dust.

SO, I have decided to renew my Monthly Pass, and am going to the meeting next Monday. (I would go tonight, but I have plans already)

Bee I saw Up as well! It was SOOO cute. I still need to go see Night at the Museum though...

Chele615
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great (although busy) weekend!!! That's definitely nice to hear. My weekend was nice. Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping and just went to random stores and got a bunch of stuff!!!

I had to go to the dentist this afternoon to get a crown and the right side of my face is so numb right now!!! The worst thing is that the novacaine is starting to wear off and I have that tingly feeling from my right eye down to my right cheek. And the soreness is coming....blah! I hate the dentist so much!!! My dentist, himself, is a really nice guy (although kinda goofy), but just going there is awful!

amyleigh
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Today was a pretty good day until about an hour ago. We got a phone call from my brother in Phoenix telling us that my other brother (also in phoenix) drove himself to the ER today. Apparently he was having "heart issues" and didn't feel right. The doctors say it's cardiac arrhythmia. They have him on all sorts of machines and meds and want to monitor him over night because they're not sure exactly what caused it. I have a feeling what may have caused it is that he's 5'11 and weighs 325lbs. Apparently it can be easily treated with meds. I'm just hoping he takes this as a wake-up call to finally lose the weight. There is no reason for a thirty-one year old man to be driving himself to the hospital for heart problems. ugh...I wish he had listened to me last summer when I talked to him.

Anyway, other than my brother being dumb, all is well. I talked to my cousin today and gave him ideas about what I want on my shoes. I'm ordering them today so hopefully they'll be here soon so he can decorate them. He recently asked me to help him out with posters and such too. It seems as though my degree is getting some use now...it's about time, since I won't be using it in my career:)

Well, I hope all is well with you ladies (and few gentlemen)!

Ciao, bellas!

stellarosa27
06-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Amy I hope your brother is okay! My uncle had his first heart attack at 35 and had to drastically change the way he lived his life. He didn't have any kind of surgery, it just scared him so much that he changed his lifestyle.

Now, I'm sure Michigan is nice, but I'm having a crappy time. We're in the middle of an industrial park and I'm here with the biggest tool bag from my job. I finished all of my chart review today - my patients were easy and tomorrow I have to go to pharmacies and other departments, so its nice to have that out of the way. Oh, but no, he thinks b/c I finished my charts I need to pick up the slack on his lack of work. No way Jose. He also derailed my eating by picking a crappy restaurant for lunch and refusing to go to the sushi place right next door. Fortunately tomorrow we'll be at the hospital cafeteria, so I'll be able to eat where ever I want. Jerk.

I'm kind of homesick, which is weird. I've only been here for 24 hours. I just have to keep telling myself "you're going home tomorrow - you're going home tomorrow" I figured working out would make me feel better, but the fitness center reeks of paint and makes me dizzy. I managed a half hour on the treadmill before I almost passed out from the fumes, so I walked around outside until it started raining.

I hope everyone else is having a better day/night.

bjeweled
06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
hey girls I am currently stuck in an airport in omaha, nebraska. I left miami at 1 EST and was supposed to be home at 7CST. needless to say I am not a happy camper.

miami was frickin awesome. I can't share all of the ridiculous things I did down there lol but when I get home I will share some. lots of beautiful men, alcohol, parties, the beach and everyone is close to naked so u can only imagine! omg! I am going back every year until I get wifed up.
I met this fine jamaican and I thought about u luvja!
I wanted this dominican guy who was soooo beautiful to impregnate me lol j/k he was fine though. I've been drunk since thursday now I am hungover and want to go home!!!
I begin detox and back POP once I wake up from my miami induced coma.
ttyl, hopefully I get home tonight :(

Here we go again
06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey Ladies!

How y'all doing? It's been forever since I've been on here. Much drama been going on in my life but I've actually lost me a few pounds! Finally!!!

So now I've lost 40 pounds total!!!!

Iconised Ghost
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Congrats Here we go again! :carrot: thats awesome

DRose
06-01-2009, 11:48 PM
bejeweled your trip to Miami sounds awesome. I've always wanted to go on a trip like that, that turns out wild and fun and is something I'll always remember. I'm hoping soon it will happen :D

HWGA It's nice to see you back on here! And great job on still losing!

My weekend went well, my bf came to visit me at school. We did a lot of walking around so that's good. I could have eaten better but that's how it goes. Then again I didn't eat so well tonight either :o I had a grilled cheese, an individual bag of baked lays.. then I had a craving and ate an individual bag of lightly salted kettle chips. According to thedailyplate I'm still under for the day, but talk about wasted calories!

HeatherMcG
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
bjeweled- That totally sucks. I've been following your saga on FB. Sounds like you should've stayed in Miami! :)

HWG- FINALLY! You are back and where you should be. No more leaving!!! Congrats on your 40 lbs. YOU ROCK!!!!!:) :woohoo:

Me: Day 1 babysitting was a success! We played princess, ballerina, dancer, Hannah Montana, gymnast, and hip-hop dancer. Talk about burning calories! Sheesh that girl never STOPS moving. But its fun. And, I get an excuse to where a crown and make my royal servants bow1 :lol:

**Got test results completely back from doctor. I shall summarize our hour long conversation.
News from my doctor:
1. All levels are "excellent" EXCEPT- 3hr. post Glucose Tolerance, Thyroid, and Testosterone. Can anyone say PCOS?
2. For weight loss, nix straight cardio for a while and use heavy resistance training with cardio mixed in. (30 Day Shred, Lifting Weights to lose Weight, Biggest Loser)
3. S-T-R-I-C-T diet. Lots of dark green, leafy veggies. ABSOLUTELY NO HFCS, fast food, or processed foods.
*She says if you are eating foods with HFCS you are killing yourself and everyone you feed it too. I believe her that it has a lot of bad things to it. Not sure if it constitutes murder. So, take it as you wish.
4. Buy only organic or whole foods. Watch strawberries, peaches, and apples. They contain the MOST pesticides some of which can be stored in certain cells.
5. A whole (expensive!) regimine of supplements including oil and capsules for various nutrient boosting.

So there is the skinny of it. If anyone wants details, let me know.

Have a Great Day!

JadeBlue14
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Drose I know exactly what you mean. I was under my minimum, so i decided it'd be a good idea to eat like 100 cheeseballs. still with in my calorie range, but i can definitely feel the extra sodium right now.

miss shelly84
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Good morning ladies! :)

Hope everyone had a decent Monday and start to June.

bjeweled- Sounds like you had a blast, minus the plane delays. Glad it was fun and hope you make it home soon.

HWGA- Welcome back! Here's to success and congrats on the loss! :)

Me- I had a decent day yesterday. I put in my 30-day notice on my apartment so I will be vacating by June 30th, officially. My boss was surprisingly understanding about my early departure, which I'm not sure is a good thing or not. Either way, I'm counting down the days.

In other news, I am on L1D1 on 30DS (I believe I got the lingo right, lol) and totally feeling the burn. I guess the first day is the hardest. But yeah, that's just another attempt at getting back OP. I really want to do it this time, and with my orientation coming up in a few short months, I have less time to do it in. : /

Anyway, must head to work, I hope all of you have a pleasant day!

M

luvja
06-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Good morning ladies :sunny: :D :) :hug:

brie - LMAO, you met a FINE JAMAICAN and you didn't get me his numba!? You know I love di yard men!! That's awesome lol. Glad you had a good time, can't wait to see pictures!!! :D

HWGA - :yay: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock girl. We miss you.

DanSinDeva
06-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Happy Tuesday! I had a fabulous off plan weekend, as I started the Fat Smash yesterday, and made it through D1P1, so 8 more days to go until I'm out of Detox. I wasn't too bad!! My Dad's party was great, we took a family portrait on Sunday while my sister was still in town, so I'm hoping those came out. Not too much else going on, started summer school yesterday and I freaking love this teacher, he's hilarious, plus it's a good 2 hour break from work! Hope you all have a good day!

Star - good work staying on plan over the weekend, i know that is the hardest time, ESPECIALLY with a Mon-Fri job. :D

Stella - fantastic bringing jillian with you to MI, my friend just texted me over the weekend telling me she finally started this and that I need to get it! I'm so interested, I think i want to use that to replace booty camp. Only because it will save me money, I'm actually used to getting up at 5:30 on Saturday to be there by 6:30 now. No way JOSE is right, you did your stuff, why can't he do his! :hug: hope you are on your way home now, and out of paint fumes!!

icon - listen to your PT, I'm assuming most people see a gain before a drop. Good luck with your kitty cat, I hope she gets better soon!

shelly - glad you had fun with family this weekend, how was your show?

luvja - i'm totally jealous, I want a bf hairdresser!! My cousin is one but she lives in the next state above me :-( CHEERS to being on plan for this week, day by day!!!!

Heather - tell those guys to get to work and get shiet done! yay for sleeping in, i don't even know what that is anymore! You are too cute with the babysitting experience from day 1, sounds like you'll have fun everyday, lets hope your house gets done done done! that is a little dramatic about the HFCS.

jade - i can so relate to having a large family, i'm so glad its june, 6 of my family members had birthdays this month, not to mention my neice moving to HighSchool! may is always my downfall, I'm working back to my old mile times too, how messed up is that we lose that much time pretty much overnight? But it definitely is good having a goal to reach for!

bliss - good luck with the tractor supply co! Go to the gym girly, you know you'll love it afterwards!(see I knew you'd love it!)

shantroy - your weekend sounded fabulous! I actually like being that busy, it makes me feel better about going to work!

Bee - yukie jury duty! I wanted to see UP, but the 3-d one was sold out, so we saw Terminator instead, which to my surprise was not too bad, considering the last one was AWEFUL!

chele - :hug: hope you feel better soon, dentists are no fun!

amy - OH no! I hope your brother does take this as a wake up call, that's crazy he drove himself, specially here in phoenix, how far does he live from the hospital? Everything is so spread out here, but thankfully the snowbirds are gone, so the traffic shouldn't have been too bad, THANK good ness he made it! What degree did you get that you aren't using? I probably missed that in another post, but sounds like some kind of design! FUN!

Brie - Miami sounds like a TON of fun, and I hope you lived it up girly! Funny story about the dominican, that's hilarious! I did detox day 1 yesterday, not too shabby, can't wait to see if this works!

HWGA - woowho! Nice to hear from you again! How is the guy thing going? What about the crazy church people? I hope everyone is treating you properly!

DRose - glad your BF visited, that's always nice. Today is a new day, so no worries on the chips!

That is all! :D

lissa9501
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
hope y'all are having a decent tuesday
my eating has been horrible lately hubby bought ice cream for us and i want more. he knows what flavors to buy me and its my downfall so to fight it i've been knitting. its keeping my hands busy cause i dont want to get the yarn all nasty
so i'm working on tedious projects 1 is a tanktop built for a big girl and the other is a pair of yoga socks

bjeweled
06-02-2009, 06:00 PM
luvja - i had to keep this one for myself. he was very eccentric but i liked it.

dansin - girl i could write a book on all of the craziness that i participated in this weekend! i will prob start detox tomorrow i feel pretty awful today. it will definitely work and you will feel so good when its over.

heather - i surely should have stayed! i am trying to figure out when i am going back!

hwga- i miss you and really need to talk to you about what is going on. youve been on my mind girl. yay for the WL! love ya

soooo i got home at 445am! didnt leave omaha till 230am i will be calling delta today! i deserve a ticket or something this was ridiculous! i just woke up and will prob be going back to sleep soon. my mommy made me breakfast! :)
i also came home to a healthy happy pooch! he was so sick when i left but he is back to normal now! i missed my pumpkin!

DanSinDeva
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Brie - that's fantastic, I'd totally be figuring out how to get back!

Lissa - sorry about the hubby's bad eating habits, can't he get you sugar free or low fat? That way you can at least have a cup...everything is ok in moderation, specially if you hit the gym!

miss shelly84
06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Evening ya'll!

Quickly...

Dansin- The show was absolutely brilliant! It was especially funny this time around. I have been following APHC for a veryvery long time (by default, my parents have been listening almost since he began), and it was one of the best I've heard. I feel even more lucky to have heard it LIVE. :D

Me- So yeah, I found out I will indeed have a summer vacation. My mom let me know that the week I move up, the family will be going to Baltimore to visit some friends of ours. I assume we will also go to the National Aquarium (my little sis loves fish) and to Camden Yards.

And I am still sore from 30DS this morning. Ouchies.

M

lissa9501
06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
no gym today hubby isnt home from fixing a friends truck yet

JadeBlue14
06-02-2009, 09:36 PM
DansinDeva Your family sounds like mine. it is all about the food.

I ate kinda poorly today. Not crazy calorie wise, but not the best of foods. Today is my rest day from walking. I don't want to stress my knees. I did all the extra walking and pacing i could at work today to make up for it.

does any one pay attention to baseball? I'm watching the Phillies play the Padres and it's driving me crazy.

Iconised Ghost
06-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Heather- what are HFCs? Hydroflurocarbons?

My cat has had to go into the cattery to be taken care of until the weekend because no one is home to care for her :( So it feels pretty empty at home at the mo.

Chele615
06-03-2009, 06:19 AM
I love baseball....born and bred Red Sox fan!!! :)

This week has sucked so far with regards to exercise. I had a dentist appointment on Monday and rode the bike and walked (but it's not the same as sweating at the gym), yesterday was graduation so I couldn't go anywhere, today we have to stay late at work to prepare for MCAS testing tomorrow, etc. So, I think I am going to make it to the gym only one day this week. It sucks! I have been walking and riding the stationary bike when I can't get to the gym, but I definitely don't feel like it gives me the same type of workout that the gym does. I've been extra careful about food though, to make up for the lack of gym.

Haha...I hate when my routine gets messed up ;)

amyleigh
06-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Good news! My brother is home from the hospital. The doctors aren't sure what caused the cardiac arrhythmia but they think it may have been a one time thing. They had a HUGE talk with him about stress and basically told him to stop working 90 hour weeks because he'll end up killing himself (we've been telling him that for years). He already has a plan to lose weight. I'm sad it took this to get to him, but I'm so happy he's finally changing his life around!

Unfortunately, I have no time for personals because I have class today. (only 5 more weeks and I'll have a Masters!!!) Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

luvja
06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
amyleigh - SO glad to hear your brother is doing better. Atleast now he does realise he needs to change his lifestyle, it may have been a blessing in disguise :)

Good morning girls! And a GOOD MORNING it is, I decided to weigh myself this morning, and to my surprise, I HAVE BUSTED MY 5 MONTH PLATEAU!!! Peace out 260's! I weighed myself 3 times, twice said 257.8, then once it said 258. So I'm just gonna go with 258 :) Yay me!!! :carrot: :dance: :carrot: 250's just sound a lot more NORMAL. Ya get me?

HeatherMcG
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
luvja- :woohoo: Congrats!! WTG!

Icon- High Fructose Corn Syrup... lol

luvja
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks Heather :hug: How's the new house coming along?

HeatherMcG
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM
^^ power company is there today! They are hooking up my utilities! Only like 4 more steps until we move in! Thanks for asking! :)

stellarosa27
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Amy - Glad to hear about your brother!

Shelly - I LOVE the Baltimore Aquarium. Never been to Camden yards (not much of a baseball fan) but I drive by it at least once a week. You'll have a great time - this is one of the best times of year to visit Baltimore.

Brie - Glad to hear about your trip, and that sucks about the airport.

I'm back and in SUCH a bad mood, bordering on depression. I have got to get to the gym today for some endorphins. Yesterday was worse than Monday, I had to pick up more of his slack, and to reward myself I wound up having chocolate covered almonds for dinner. Poor food choice - yes. Did it make me feel better - a little bit. Back on plan today - I just have to get myself out of this funk and to Trader Joes to get some food, then back to the gym. I might even ride my bike there since its not that far.

Love to the rest of you!!!

luvja
06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm working over-nights for the next couple nights. Yawn, I'm going to be so so so tired, I still have to work at the nursing home for a couple hours during the day. Little sleep for me for the next few days! Oh well, I need the money.

Bee20nine
06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Girlies!

Just checking in, had a so so week of eating I weigh in tomorrow. Work is just meh. I will do more personals tonight after work and church nursery. TTFN

starmac13
06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey ladies. I am here at work on my lunch break and wanted to pop in and say hi. I will have to do personals later. Typing that much on my blackberry will only hurt my thumps. Being surrounded by endless fries and chocolate cake is NOT fun. But I am making it through. I am going to a salsa event tonight. Haven't been to one in weeks. I am so excited. Lastly I had weigh in yesterday. 181.8. I am so close to bring out of the 180s I can taste it. Okay back to work so I can peace out of here. Have a fantastic day (sorry everything is together. I can't figure out the spacing on here)

lissa9501
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM
i hit 189.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok i'm like 4 days early weighing in but my period just left like it came totally unannounced lol and it took 2 pounds with it
i'll be up again by sunday but damn it i did it i broke outta the 190's
can i hit 160s in 3 months?

DanSinDeva
06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Shelly - thats awesome, i'm glad you got to see it live, i have no idea what it is, but I still think it's cool, i'm all about live performances!! I read Wicked, and was so happy to see it on broadway!!! I had to read the rest of his books, they are fantastic!

Jade - definitely all about the food, sometimes its a good thing, but mostly its all bad for you, but oh so good! I swear Cook Yourself thin got in my head and stole the idea from me! hahaha, I dont pay attention to baseball, but my roommate turns it there all the time, but we mainly watch the dbacks who SUCK!

chele - another roommate of mine is all about the red sox, its funny cause my BF has to give him a hard time and will always cheer for the other time. I don't care, but it is funny, then he starts saying wicked smart or wicked sweet! hahaha! I need to visit MA once! I totally agree with you about biking and walking, it never feels the same to me. Don't worry about it though, as long as you are doing something it shouldn't be too hard to get back to the gym when you finally can! My routine is screwed this month, so i'm doing my best to get over it and just get something done!

Amy - so glad to hear the news about your brother!!!! GOOD LUCK WITH CLASS

Luvja - :highfive: frigginsweet cheeka! BOO overnights, you are going to be TIRED! I didnt know you finally got a job though, thats what happens when i go MIA, congrats girly, alll late style

stella - :hug: hope you get some endorphins today!! I hate those slump days!!

Star - hope you have fun on salsa night, I love doing that and haven't foudn anyone willing to do it with me in years :( boo!
no seriously have fun girly

Lissa - SWEET, 180's here you come! You will be fine, at WI, congrats girl hope it stays for offical weigh in!

Ok, so today is day 3 of Fat Smash Phase 1, 9 day detox, and it's going pretty good! I drink wine every day, and we normally finish 3 bottle between me and the BF sometimes 4 :o. SOOOO this is a much needed detox, not to mention that May sucked. I am down 2.2 lbs in 2 days, so that makes me happy but I'm not going to get happy sad or excited about it until i WI on day 10. I'd be lying if i said it wasnt hard, but it really isn't that hard, just have to be creative! Anyway, I haven't gone to the gym at all, but I plan on going today, and the puppy got up early and so i got up and ran around the neighborhood it took me like 10 min to go around once, so I'm going to try and do it again tomorrow morning, jsut to get in like 40 min cardio! anywhooooooooo blabbering on!!! Happy Wednesday ladies!

JadeBlue14
06-03-2009, 04:20 PM
chele - I've always been a Phillies fan, but if I had to back another team it would definitely be the Red Sox. I was surrounded by die hard fans at school and they rubbed off on me.

Luvja - yay on the loss!

Star - Salsa sounds like fun. Do you dance a lot? I'm really bad at it, but i'm working on my coordination.

Lissa - YAY! You are rocking girl. I think if you continue to work real hard, you may just see 160s by the end of the summer

DanSinDeva - My family is real Italian, so you know all the food is terrible for you, but you just can't stop eating. I've heard of fat smash, but I don't really know much about it. What are you doing to stick to the program?

Was up at work early today, but home by 1, which was nice. I've been taking care of my dad. He had surgery to fix a hernia, which went great, but he's not really supposed to move for a couple of days. I did manage to squeeze a half hour in on the treadmill today. I got my mile back down to 16:30. I think at this rate I can be back at 13:45 by the end of june. I'm going to attemp to run 3 miles by the end of the summer. I think that's pretty doable, and allows for some setbacks. I get my period on sunday, and combined with the salty foods i've been eating, i can already feel the bloat. here's hoping it doens't last too long.
I'm off to see my boyfriend as soon as my mom gets home, so I will catch you lovely ladies later.

miss shelly84
06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Hello all,

Blah. Last night, Frodo decided to play chicken with a HUGE tomcat last night and to make a long story short, Frodo was fine, tomcat was fine, but the screen on my window is NOT fine... tomcat put three huge gashes in the windowscreen. Yet another thing to be damaged before I move. *rolls eyes*

Not only that, Frodo was spooked by this tomcat, and was literally screeching at the top of his lungs ALL night. And being that I startle easy, it's been one heck of a time, and I got maybe two hours of sleep when I found a way to keep both Frodo and tomcat from seeing each other.

On a happier note, I got an invite to an exhibit opening a few days before I leave on my trip to Baltimore. It's supposed to be really fun, and a good opportunity to dress up and look nice.

Speaking of looking nice, I have lost two pounds this week, no doubt from the adrenaline surges of new. And I WILL get back doing the 30DS, as soon as I get over the absolutely agonizing pain from the first day's workout. :(

Welp, I have a date with my bed, ya'll. Will return this evening after I have some snooze.

Tired M

P.S. Personals coming soon. Right now I am too tired to think.

luvja
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
DanSinDeva - Well, I've worked for this company for a while now. They just normally don't have hours to give me. It's a home care nursing agency. So I only get shifts when they have them! Hours are not gauranteed.

Bee20nine
06-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I get daily emails from torrid.com. Does anyone else get these? There is something very LOL worthy however it pisses me off that they not only photoshopped this girl and but that they also did such a bad freakin job.

http://community.torrid.com/email/060309_tropicaltwist_web.html?roi=echo4-5612857016-4757012-673c5aa85874ca76c533245fff28d8dd&cm_mmc=BH-_-June-_-Tropical+Twist-_-Web+Version

:mad:

stellarosa27
06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Ha, I need to go to Torrid. I have the Paramore/No Doubt concert next weekend and there's a whole group of us going. We're going to get all dressed up (I'm dying my hair purple) and act like teenagers. Did I mention we'll be in the pit? :) :)

I just need to get some sort of funky outfit, as I do not have any of those.

lissa9501
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
my hubby complimented me and made me really happy cause he said it looked like i lost more weight than i did :D he said he's noticed it and when i said i lost 10 he thought i lost 15 lol
i wish that woulda made my month if the scale read a 15 pound loss

DanSinDeva
06-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Jade - the first 9 days is detox, so no meat, pasta, or white potatoes, you can eat all the fresh fruit and veggies you can stand, beans/legumes, and up to 2 cups of rice per day, nothing to drink but water and 2 cups of herbal decaf tea. It's a little more specific, but not that much, so I'm eating salad like crazy, and fruits, and then like some kind of fried rice at night. I'm not sure if i'm going to go to phase 2, because this is really just like WW Core or Simply filling, and that's what I normally do, but i wasn't losing anything so i wanted to try something different. You will totally get 3 miles in by the end of the summer, no problemo! I need to get back to that too, I want to consistently run 3 miles at a good pace for at least a couple months, I'm so lazy though. Haha! Hope you had fun times with the boyfriend! Did the sox win last night?

Shelly - aww pooor Frodo! Nice new avatar though! I love pendant necklaces, I've yet to find a good one though...What kind of exhibt are you going too? Sounds interesting! GOOD JOB On the 2lbs!!!

Luvja - aww, that stinks! I guess overnights aren't so bad then, but MAN i do hate them it always feels like you are missing out on something!

Stella - That's AWESOME, Paramore/No Doubt was just here at last month, I missed it BOOO! My neice went for her promotion from 8th to high school, sounds funny i know, but I was planning my dad's b-day and missed it! I LOVE NO DOUBT and paramore is pretty cool too!!! I'm jealous I love acting like a teenager, I'll probably never stop!

Lissa - what a great hubby!

Ok, day 4 of detox, its going just fine. I went to the gym yesterday and when i came home my BF was making us broiled portabellas stuffed with brown rice, no sodium added tomatoe sauce, red onions and green bell peppers, it was kinda of bland, but we added garlic and it was delish, I always add some kind of salsa so i sprayed it with some siracha and some green salsa, so yummy! I didn't want rice, cause i hate eating rice for dinner, any carb actually, but oh well. weighed exactly the same this morning so I'm not worried! Caamon June 10th, that will be my first day off detox! I WANT COFFEE!!!

YAY FOR FRIDAY THough, even though I'm not drinking. One of my roomies is out of town, and so the rest of us, me, the BF and mason our other roomie are all doing the detox. WE ALL Drink Daily, so this will be interesting to see who cracks first, I just know one of us will not make it through the weekend! hahaha, the wine is calling me, but i gave it the wrong number!

miss shelly84
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey ya'll,

Just checking in. It's been wet and nasty outside all day, I can't wait for the sun to come out again.

Time for personals!! :)

DanSin- Thank you! The pendant actually belongs to my mom, who was kind enough to lend me some jewelry since mine is kind of in transit at the moment. The exhibit I'm going to is a photo collection of a guy called Rev. L.O. Taylor, who was supposed to have taken a lot of photos that document African-American religious and cultural events. I have actually been helping work on this exhibit for about six months now, so it's really cool that I get to see it come to fruition before I move. :)

Stella- Sounds great! I love No Doubt, and they are going to be in St Louis in July I think. Gotta love the purple hair as well, I once dyed my hair purple and black and it looked absolutely brilliant (this is in addition to the blue, teal, orange, red, and pink that I have also dyed my hair in the past, lol)! I'm hoping that college will provide me a safe haven in which to experiment with different clothing styles.

Bee- Definitely looks photoshopped to me as well. And it looks like the model in the purple dress had her legs changed around too, but it could just be the lighting. Clothes are very nice though, I like the purple dress especially.

Lissa- Sounds like a cool guy. :cool:

Me- I am SO looking forward to this weekend. Am planning to cuddle up with a book I've been reading before it gets packed away, and I am also going to see My Life In Ruins on Friday. I need a good-humored love story to alleviate away some of the stress I've been feeling lately.

The good thing about this movie theater is that it's pretty liberal on what it serves, so they actually have fruit at the movie theater (grapes and strawberries, which are my fruits of choice) and it's good too. The only bad thing is that tickets are $10 a person now with the economy being bad. Before the probs, they were $8.50.

Only a week until I move!!! Can't wait to see my mom and dad! :)

Enjoy your evening!

M

stellarosa27
06-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Ladies!

Bee - that is SO photoshopped. It looks like they cut and pasted the legs on a few of them.

Shelly - I LOVE No Doubt. This will be the third time I've seen them since I was 18. Definitely one of my favorite bands. They say you regress after a parent dies. That happened to me and I'm about 21 right now (mentally). So much fun.

DanSin - Good luck! One of the girls in my WW group is doing FatSmash at the same time as WW (kind of a dare) and she's lost so much weight. I'm tempted to try it, but I don't have that much will power.

LuvJa - that kind of sucks about overnight, but at least they have hours for you :)

As for me, the day started off kind of rough. I haven't been getting a lot of gym time lately, so I was kind of in a funk, and that prevented me from getting out of bed this morning. I should have taken a mental health day yesterday to recover from my trip, but it didn't happen, so I did it today. I got up at 11:30, went to the gym, then went to get my oil changed in my car. After that I spent the afternoon painting pottery, then my friend Jessie met me at the movies and we saw Night at the Museum 2. I'm out of my slump and kind of excited to get up and exercise tomorrow.

Taylor86
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
HI girls!

I am still alive and doing REALLY well.

June 6th marked 6 months cigarette and diet coke free for me and so my boyfriend and I celebrated by adding a new member of our family. A black lab/golden retriever mix named Molly.

She is AWESOME - and I can tell that having a dog it really going to a great addition to my healthy lifestyle because walks are a must!

We are going to take her camping with us when we go in June, too! And we got her enrolled in classes to train - even though she now knows her new name, walks on a lease, doesn't really bark and is potty trained.

Oh, and she and my cat (Missy) get along famously - like they were made for each other!!

I am just so happy. Then when our apartment lease is up in 5 months Chris and I are going to look at renting a house!

I also got measured today by my trainer and I have lost 2.5 inches in the last two weeks!

I haven't been really constant with my workouts this week (only made it in twice and tomorrow will be three) but I am sure once we get the dog on a schedule it will be much better.

Another thing about it is that now I have to get up MUCH earlier then I am used to - like 6:30am to let the dog out and I prefer, oh, 9. But I beginning to like getting up earlier and getting the day started! Nothing happens if you are in bed (except sleep...I do love sleep)

Stella I take mental health days, too. I think they we all need them and it sounds like you had a great day and I am happy you are excited to get up and workout tomorrow!

miss shelly Fruit at a movie theater? How wonderful! I think it stinks that tickets are now 10 bucks! Grr

DansDiva I totally hear you on the wine! I love it! I allow myself a few glasses on sunday with my dad and that's about it. - Drinking is not that hard for me in moderation - how about just buying one bottle and sharing it after your detox? I know it's hard at first - it was for me - but worth it! No coffee???? How are you doing that??

bee I love torrid - but I gotta kinda pick through their stuff to find things that I like - but when I do I wear it forever. That girl looks horrible - I would be pissed if I were her! Hows your grandpa?

Brie I hope you feel better! I know you gotta sinus infection - get some sleep pretty girl!

luvja
06-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi girlies. I feel like it's been a while since I have been on here. I've been working nightshifts for the last couple nights. Needless to say, I AM TIRED. I have an issue with sleeping during the day, I can never do it for a long period of time. The sunlight bothers me. I have been drinking too much coffee though. If I'm feeling up to it in a bit, I'm going to use my elliptical. I haven't used it since Wednesday. Yikes!

I missed you all.

DanSinDeva
06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Taylor - Yay, new puppie, i was just wondering where the heck you have been! I'm so happy you got a new dog, that's awesome! I got a dog in September and he's a ton of work, and just a lil dachshund! He gets me out of bed at 4 am to go potty and have breakfast, so I can get ready for work by 4:30 and leave at 5! It's awesome though, he did screw up our schedule for a bit, since he's left at home all day, but he's used to it now, he'll be ONE two weeks from today! AWWW! hahaha, AWESOME 2.5 inches in 2 weeks that's OUTSTANDING! I'm struggling with out the coffee, not so much the caffiene but i miss my warm fat free hazelnut creamy beverage on at work. I can do it, i'm down 3.8lbs, its WORTH it, that's in FOUR DAYS!!! It's going to be tough this weekend, but I will make it gosh dang it, I have to be in the 130's by the time i leave for Florida gosh dang it!

Luvja - i am the exact same way about sleeping during the day, it has to be super dark, and it just impossible to do that in a room with any windows in AZ. I hope you get your sleep in though, that plays a lot into weightloss too...I have a love hate relationship with sleep, I HATE GOING TO BEd, but i hate getting out bed too. hahaha!

amyleigh
06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
HELLOOOOOO Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA this week. My messages have been short. It's been an INSANE week. I started my FINAL semester of classes (what what!) and will be finishing up July 2nd. As a present for finishing, my parents are taking me to NC to my aunt's beach house for the week (July 5-12th) and I can't wait!!

I'm spending the day studying for comps tomorrow, ew, and trying to figure out how to work my new schedule. I have class from 2-7:30 3 days/week which would be fine, but I have about an hour and a half travel time so I really go from about 12-9. I am trying to figure out how to get in the 6 hours of homework per day, plus working out. The toughest part is eating. I have to take my food with me (which is lunch, dinner, and a few snacks) and try to reach my calorie goal. I'm having troubles right now and am WAY under. To make up for it, I'm stopping at McDonalds for a McFlurry on the way home which I know is a terrible choice, but it's an easy and quick 700 calories (and theyr'e so freakin good). I'll probably spend tomorrow afternoon figuring out my life.

My good friend from college is staying in Philly for 5 weeks, so I'm meeting with him for dinner tomorrow and I'm super excited. I'm trying to talk him into letting me take him on a walking tour (not telling him it's so I can get some of my exercise in :) ). We'll see how that goes.

That's all for now!

Hope all is well.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

DanSinDeva
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
oh yeah

Shelly - that exhibt does sound cool, and even cooler you helped out with it too! Hope it goes well!

Stella - Yeah, the will power is tough, i was supposed to quit smoking too :( but ummmmmmm no meat, no pasta, no potatoes, no coffee, and no alcohol, i'm moving that to next week quitting, i have to be like taylor, HAVE TO, i'm almost 30 for gosh sake! It's 9 days though, and i'm lucky to have my BF and one of the roomies doing it with me, so everyone at home right now is participating, that makes it much easier. Our other roomy gets back sunday night, we'll have 2 days left, so we can make fun of him for being a drunky drunkerson! hahaha!

Happy friggin friday I must say!

Bee20nine
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Taylor: My G'pa is doing just fine. He came home from the hospital about 2 weeks ago. They just put him on some Nexium (that crap is ungodly expensive even with insurance) and they are going to check on him periodically. Thanks for asking!

So we took out one of our coworkers for lunch today to celebrate our one year anniversary with our company. It was nice. I got a 6oz sirlion, and it came with steamed broccoli and mashed taters with cheese and something else that I couldnt decipher what it was. I also got a side salad, it was just enough food to be full without being overfull.

lissa9501
06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
i think my 3 pound loss was a fluke... scale read higher today hopefully sunday reads lighter...
yesterdays trip to the gym brought back some phantom injury pains that havent gone away after 10 yrs
sucks that something that i dealt with when i was 18 still haunts me physically years later with leg swelling, pains thru my left leg and right knee. if i get this weight off for good it will get better i just have to get it off

Chele615
06-05-2009, 04:55 PM
My allergies are acting up and I am so freaking tired...and I am SOOOO happy that it's finally Friday!! I feel like this was one of the longest weeks ever. And, somehow I agreed to proctor the SAT's tomorrow morning. It'll be an easy way to make some spending money, but I have to be there by 7:30...on a Saturday morning!!! Ugh! If I didn't have to get up so early tomorrow morning, I would totally take a nap right now!

But I made it back to the gym finally. It's been a crazy busy week at work, so I haven't been able to make it to the gym since this past Sunday. I've been walking and riding my bike here at home, but it's definitely not the same. I showered when I got home and already got into my pajamas! haha

beaka
06-05-2009, 09:08 PM
HEY eveybody!!! I know I haven't been chicking in this week. It's been crazy busy for me! SOmeone's leaving our office, so more work for me. My week has had ups and downs. The big ups include a job offer and seeing 219.8 on the scale. Woot! Woot! The downs- scraping the side of my car on a pole and bs at work.

So... looks like I'll be moving!!! This offer is in Maryland, and I also applied for a job in Miami. Gotta make a decision by Tuesday. So I have a LOT to think about this weekend.

I hope all is well with everyone!!!

bjeweled
06-06-2009, 04:35 PM
think i might have bronchitis i am going to the doc today ugh

Chele615
06-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I got up bright and early today to proctor the SAT's at the school. Ugh....they had munchkins in the break room that I tried really hard to stay away from. Yeah, not that successful ;) LOL And I was thinking "Well, I can go to the gym when I get home to work it off". Come home and realize that the hot water heater bit the dust this morning. I have plans tonight and am not very fond of ice cold showers....so no gym today. I'll make sure to work out extra extra hard tomorrow morning instead, I guess.

miss shelly84
06-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Evening ladies!

I hope everyone's weekend is going by swimmingly. Mine is going well, I had a friend come over and help me box up some stuff. So now I have at least six boxes of stuff packed away, so I feel more than slightly accomplished. :cool: We also went to the bookstore and I finally found this book I have been looking for for awhile now. (It's a biology essay, which seems to be what I'm reading nowadays.)

I have finally stopped hurting from the 30DS, and have discovered I didn't damage my knee as I thought I had, so back to the 30DS tomorrow. That program is amazing, I ended up dropping several pounds in the first week. I am excited to see what it will do if I actually do keep it up for thirty days straight. At least now, however, I see that there is some hope for me.

Okay, time for personals now:

Beaka- Sounds exciting! Both are very nice places. What kind of work will you be doing there?

bjeweled- Feel better soon! :)

DanSin- Thanks! I hope so too... my boss has had a hard time getting the exhibit together... I think we actually lost some really old film footage at some point in our preparations because of human and equipment error, and that was just one thing among many. We're just hoping for good weather though, since the exhibit party is on top of the building on the rooftop, and Memphis weather is notoriously bad during the summer months. (Come to think of it, the Spring, Fall, and Winter months can be bad also, lol.)

Hope ya'll have a good evening!

M

Bee20nine
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Yall

I got contacts today for the first time in about 4 years. I also ordered a new pair of glasses. I am hoping that the contacts work out. I would love to be able to wear a pair of sunglasses. Other than that really have done a whole bunch of nothing. Its been a good day.

amyleigh
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Comps are done!!!! That's all my brain can manage right now. Bed-time. I'll talk to you ladies later. Have a wonderful night!!

Taylor86
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi girls!

Just wanted to let everyone know how blessed I feel that you are apart of my life.

I hope you have a great sunday!

Chele615
06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Amy - Congrats on getting through comps!!! When I had to take mine, my brain was definitely fried at the end of it...and my hand KILLED from all that writing! haha

Last night, I went to a jewelry party at one of my coworker's houses and she made the most amazing tangerine/berry crisp!!! I am craving it today. Haha...I might have to get the recipe at school tomorrow.

stellarosa27
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Beaka - congrats on the job! Are you moving to my neck of the woods to work in Rockville?

DanSin - Well I commend you for your cleansing effort. I'm also super-respectful of anyone who wants to (or has - that's you, Taylor) quit smoking. My mom and my grandmother both died of lung cancer from smoking, so I'm kind of a passive anti-smoking person. I'll never yell at someone QUIT SMOKING (aside from my father) but I think its a great thing to do.

Taylor - Yay puppy! Congrats! I want one so bad, but my roommates and the cat wouldn't have it.

Amy - Congrats on finishing!! It must feel great to have that off of your chest.

As for me, its been a pretty crazy weekend. I pulled a slight (very slight) temper tantrum yesterday morning. In the summer, I spend a lot of time at the local pool, just reading and leisurely swimming. I hate the heat, so I spend as much time in the water as possible. My roommates were like oh, we'll go with you. So I woke up, went spinning, and got home. It was cloudy but warm, so I was going to go anyway. Then the whining started. Guys whine more than I don't know what. Finally I was like I'M GOING YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME BYE and went to storm out of the house when the good one was like no wait, hold on, we'll come. Yes, it was cloudy most of the time we were there, but I still got tan, and we spent the afternoon playing Marco Polo and quite out of breath (yay for more activity). We wound up going to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and I got the California club - no cheese, avocado, tomato, lettuce and a little bit of bacon on wheat dough - I was in heaven. We ended the night by making strawberry milkshakes with real strawberries, almond milk, and low fat yogurt. I was supposed to wake up and go spinning today at 8, but I guess I needed the sleep because I woke up at 11:30. Oops. I have this book "60 hikes within 60 miles of DC" so I think I'm going to find one close by to my house and venture out into this beautiful day!:carrot:

bjeweled
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM
yup bronchitis...i was wheezing the nurse said so I am in the bed bored out of my mind. ugh I just want to work out I feel like I get fatter by the moment :(

Iconised Ghost
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
i am so over weight loss today :(

amyleigh
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
aww, Icon, hang in there. it's ok to have an off day! (just don't be like me and let it turn into an off month:) ). it gets frustrating, but it'll get better.

lissa- i know what you mean by injuries hanging around. i dislocated my knee in 7th grade and it still kills me everytime it rains. i read something once though saying that for every lb you lose, it takes 4 lbs of stress off of your knees, so think of the good you're doing them by all of that gym work:)

chele-i think together we should burn all pollen. my allergies are killer now too.--and if you get that recipe, you must share:)

beaka- md is an awesome state. the drivers are terrible (sorry Jennirose, but they are) but the state is fantastic

bjeweled-i'm sorry about the bronchitis. that blows! as much as it sucks, stay in bed and take care of yourself. if you push it too hard, you'll end up like janis dickinson on "i'm a celebrity get me out of here" and be totally useless (yes i'm a loser and watch that show).

jennirose-there's this park out behind the dorms at Loyola, i can't remember what it's called but there's a great path which i heard is great for hiking. i used to go out there and write a lot...and walk when i felt motivated. i'll ask a few of my friends from there and see if i can find out what it was called. it's right by a creek and it's SO nice this time of year.

as for me, i've been taking pictures of my cousin's artwork again. i've been living in photoshop for a few hours so my eyes are wacked out right now. i'm so excited, he's going to start working on my shoes tonight. i can't wait to see how they turn out!

stellarosa27
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Amy - no need to apologize to me, they do suck. The best is when it rains. They act like the sky is falling. I actually know the park you're talking about - I think - there's one I used to go to, it has duck ponds and there's koi in there as well. I'd go to feed the ducks and just walk around :)

Bjeweled - feel better! Bronchitis sucks.

Icon - :hug: