100 lb. Club - Can I join?

View Full Version : Can I join?

Lady KM
05-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Hello,

I would like to join your forum. I am 100 lbs. + over my goal weight... I was referred to this group by a lovely young lady in the PCOS forum.

I suffer from PCOS and am overweight.

Rosinante
05-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Definitely! Just jump in and tell us some more!

Everyone here is SOOO supportive, I get loads of praise and loads of reminders too!

rockinrobin
05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
I'm so glad you've found us. This is a superb place for support, advice and encouragement.

Just pull up a seat, get comfy and settle on in.

This journey you're about to embark on is simply the most thrilling thing you can imagine. I look forward to hearing of your success. :)

Tai
05-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome Lady KM!

Slashnl
05-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Welcome! Jump right in and start posting!

Tummy Girl
05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome, these ladies are fantastic. Hope you feel at home here.

chickiegirl
05-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome! We're pretty chatty so don't be shy!

SnowboundChick
05-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Welcome! Welcome! Glad you joined us!

WildThings
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome!

CLCSC145
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm so glad you came! One reason I think this group is so fantastic is that it's really active. So there are people around when you need them most. Just dive in and post where you're inspired to post or start a thread if you want to talk about something new.

:welcome:

Alana in Canada
05-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Yep, this is a great place. I've been here less than a week and already I feel like one of the family!

:welcome2:

cfmama
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Of course! We'd love to have you :)

mel hughes
05-31-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry if I'm just missing something, what is PCOS?
Welcome! I've been here just a few days myself, and I'm definitely feeling inspired!

CLCSC145
05-31-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry if I'm just missing something, what is PCOS?
Welcome! I've been here just a few days myself, and I'm definitely feeling inspired!

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's a hormonal imbalance that is a leading cause of infertility in women and frequently is seen with obesity (though there is debate about which comes first, the PCOS or the weight gain). http://women.webmd.com/tc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-topic-overview

mel hughes
05-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's a hormonal imbalance that is a leading cause of infertility in women and frequently is seen with obesity (though there is debate about which comes first, the PCOS or the weight gain).

Thanks for filling me in!

Lady KM
05-31-2009, 09:03 PM
RockinRobin, Since I am just joining - please do tell how you dropped sooo much weight. What were you eating? How often did you work out?

Lady KM
05-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to this forum. I am looking forward to the support... I need to get my head out my donkey and get on the treadmill. Guess I'll do that now. :carrot:

rockinrobin
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
RockinRobin, Since I am just joining - please do tell how you dropped sooo much weight. What were you eating? How often did you work out?

Oh stick around. We've got PLENTY of "big losers" around here. Losing weight and a LOT of it is a doable thing and any one and every once CAN do it. So take confidence from that and know that you too CAN lose the weight

How I dropped soooo much weight? Well I kept on going and going and sticking and sticking and continuing on with my plan and didn't STOP. Because that's the only way NOT to reach your goal - if you STOP going.

And it wasn't what I WAS eating, because I'm STILL eating the same way. Maintenance doesn't look much different for me then losing did. I ate/still eat lots and lots of veggies and protein and some fruits. What I don't eat is just as important - I stay away from flour, rice, pasta and sugar for the most part. Getting rid of the foods that I overate the most was a big factor for me. The less I ate them, the less I desired them. Before I knew it, I was craving the healthy, nutritious, yet delicious foods that I incorporated into my life. I exercise most days of the week.

What kind of plan will you be following?