Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun, 5/30-5/31

Mornin' All!

Any plans for the weekend? We've got tball later - and it's sunny out!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

We've got family in town to celebrate the in-laws 55th wedding anniversary. They got married the week they graduated high school and have been together all these years. Certainly worth celebrating!

Fortunately,the food part of the celebrating will be at a buffet I don't love. That means it will be easy to stick to the salad bar and some lean protein. My MIL is famous for her thick, soft, absolutely amazing white rolls. There is no way I'd be able to turn down one (or two or three) of those carb-ladden gems. Good thing we're going out instead of enjoying her home cooking!

On the weight thing- still frustrated with the unexplained upward movement on the scale (gained 2.5 lbs. overnight the other day because I started weight training) that didn't come back down this morning. I know these things happen but it still sucks. Darn water retention! I have to weigh in Monday for the BL challenge and instead of the 2.2 lb. loss I should be showing, I may end up with a freaking GAIN the first week of the challenge. Who does that? I'm not giving up though but I DO feel rather discouraged.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 PM   #3  

Bin, U'll have to let me know your secret for "being good" in social situations. I swear it is my worst downfall. I have lots of friends and we get together for BBQs, girls night outs, birthday parties, etc. We always go and before I know it, I have a big plate of food and plenty of drinks. I always regret the excess and wish I could keep it under control. I work out a lot so eating bad or having wasted alcohol calories is just un-doing everything I worked hard for. For instance today, I worked out for 1 hr. I ate a great breakfast and snack and my mom called and wanted to "do lunch" my hubbie and I met them at this great outdoor seating restaurant. They do gourmet pizzas with lots of unique toppings. So, I had 3 pieces of pizza, 2 beers, 1 goat cheese stuffed mushroom and a small piece of this to-die-for dessert pizza. So, for the day I have not gone over in calories (according to myfitnesspal) but I still feel guilty and like I should have gotten a salad and something and water. Am I un-doing everything by splurging once and awhile?

Thoughts?
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:47 AM   #4  

Well, Laurie I can't give any advice because it ended up NOT going so well. The stupid buffet place didn't have anything that would even remotely qualify as 'lean' protein. Anything meat at this place just looked icky with skin on (makes me shudder) and/or deep fried. I ate lots of veggies and fruits. Sadly, they also made big, soft, fluffy rolls. Since there was so little of substance I COULD eat, I downed a whole wheat one WITH honey butter. I had frozen fat free yogurt for desert.

Later at the family gathering in the afternoon I got to thinking about how hard I've been working and the upward movement of the scale in response and used that emotion as an excuse to eat some cake. A big, thick piece of chocolate cake that, honestly, I didn't really enjoy much after the first couple of bites but kept emotionally eating anyway.

I was doing the whiney 'wah wah poor me, I have to fight for every pound DOWN the scale but then they come on so easily. It's not fair'. You know, THAT pitty party. I did my weight training workout this morning and watched the weight go up AGAIN. I'm so frustrated.

However, in the past this is always the point I'd use all of this emotion and just 'quit'. I defaulted to that behavior this afternoon. Good thing tomorrow is a new day and a new chance. I think I'll do the weigh in I'm supposed to do then put the scale away for a bit. I can usually handle the ups and downs of it pretty well but for some reason lately- eh, not so much.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

It's another gorgeous day here! Yeah!!

Bin, hang in there! Those buffets are never good. I think what you chose to eat was probably a good thing. Well, except the chocolate cake maybe...

OK, I am soo in my glory right now. Watching VH1 (something i don't really do), adn they're doing VH1 Classics. Right now they're playing Debbie Gibson, Foolish Heart. I LOVED her back then! These videos are soo cheesy!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #6  

Bin,

You know what? I was looking at one of the GOAL photos and this woman said something in there that I really think applies. I have to think of the times I go out or the times I take a step back as my "mental health" days. If I get to goal and it takes me a little longer to get there (while still enjoying life), I am not gonna feel guilty about it. Celebrations and social time is a fact of life. Its not like I am lunching or hanging out every day. Its worth it to have some good times along the way. Its the 90% time when I am working out and eating right that I SHOULD focus on not the 10% of the time that I am not!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies,

Hang in there bin. Buffets are just pure evil.

I had a good day today. It was simply beautiful weather!!! I went to a park near me and went rollerblading. I got in 5.25 miles. I wanted to more but it was so crowded. The township soccer kids were having games and unfortunately the parents let lose the kids that are not playing. Leaving those kids unsupervised on the trails put others in danger as they weren't watching out for others. Bikers, other rollerbladers and folks with babies in strollers were dodging them. It was less exercise than I wanted, but better than nothing. Saturday however I did walk 4.5miles.

Have a good week ladies! Keep moving, eating healthy and stay positive!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote