100 lb. Club - I need some boy help-you know, SERIOUS business.

Smiling_Sara
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, I'm joking about the serious business, well, kinda ;)

Here is the story. I have zero clue on how to talk to boys. Z E R O! Yesterday I'm phone shopping with my mom for my new cell phone. I go into a store and a really nice guy is helping me. A really nice, cute, guy I should mention. So, we are talking about the differences between a blackberry and a couple other phones. I ended up getting the blackberry. Throughout all this he and I are chit chatting, I find out that he is moving today. I'm totally oblivious that he might be flirting or anything with me. In the end, I get the blackberry and I say something like, it's going to take me 2 months to figure all this out. ( lol ) and he says if you have any questions you can call me, ( he programmed his number in my phone) even though I won't be here, I'd be happy to help you figure out anything you have questions on. I say oh, ok, thanks. Then he tells me about 4 more times, any problems I have, I can call, text or email him. He then gives me his business card that has his phone and email on it. I tell him thanks for all the help, and good luck moving and I'm out the door with my new toy ( blackberry ) My mom says as we are pulling out, you better stay in touch with him. He was flirting with you and told you a handful of times to call, text or email him with any questions. I kinda rolled my eyes at this and said sure mom, he was flirting with me. She said how many ppl you know out their phone numbers right in your phone if they don't want you to use it? I said IDK, nobody's ever done that to me.

Sooooo, here is my question, is my mom right? Does he want me to stay in touch with him? And if yes, HOW? I only met him this one time. How would I go about calling or texting him out of the blue?

Yes, it doesn't need to be said, I don't know how to talk to guys. :o But on the same side, it would be kind of cool to stay in contact with him, cause he was sooooo nice, and, like i said, was cute....

ugh....I'm lost! HELP!

belezura
05-29-2009, 05:52 PM
OMG!!!!
Text him right now...
he is one trick...
Text him telling you are doing a test and just want to see if your blackberry is working...
and if he text you back, keep going... ask about his moving and all that stuff...
you go girl!!!!

cooperistic
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Good call Belezura.......just text saying you are testing it out...if he responds with a question or starting up a conversation I think he is for sure into you. I have bought plenty of phones and never has a salesperson told me to call them personally or actually programmed their number into my phone! Go for it, worst case he was just being polite, no harm no foul!

kfs151
05-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I've had lots of sales guys say "we're here to help", "come in anytime", "I'd be happy to help you anytime" but I've never had them program their number into my phone!!!

Definitely text him - it's a good way to test the waters.

chickiegirl
05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh my gosh girl, he was sooo flirting. Im with everyone else -- text and say you're testing.

Then come back and let us know what happened! :)

Gela
05-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah I have never had a sales guy give me his personal number. He is totally flirting. Keep us posted girly :)

SweetScrumptious
05-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Agreed with all the above...

Just text him saying you are having such and such problem with the phone (make something up) and see what he says! more chit chatting can lead to a date :)

Arctic Mama
05-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Woohoo, I agree with everyone else here - he was flirting hard core, and there's no harm in reciprocating that interest. Worst case scenario it doesn't work out, and you're no worse off than you started :)

matt_H
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
From a guys perspective, he is totally flirting with you and likes you. Text him now!

:)

Smiling_Sara
05-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys! It should be said that he was not moving locally. He was moving a few hundred miles away! But we had a nice chat on how he didn't have any strings holding him back here, and if he was going to do something crazy, now was the time to. He said if things didn't work out to where he was moving he could very easily move back.

Still think I should shoot a text his way? You know just for testing purposes ;) and thanking him again for being helpful? He even gave me a 25% disct on the car charger. He said what are they gonna do to me? You're gonna be my last transaction, so I'll give you a disct for that.

bobblefrog
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Nothing ventured...nothing gained! You never know what twists and turns life will take. HAVE SOME FUN and text him girlfriend!!

lookingtobehealthy
05-29-2009, 11:29 PM
this is a no brainer... text the guy...
what are you waiting for.... LOL
Make us all happy and let us know what happens....

gretchen1986
05-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Call him and say you can't work out the Blackberry planner :D and ask him to take you through it.... then you can casually mention which nights that week you have free.... *snicker*

gretchen1986
05-29-2009, 11:30 PM
'oh my, look at that, i'm not doing anything AT ALL on Friday night!!"

foxxy511
05-29-2009, 11:44 PM
LOL Gretchen...I think that sounds like a great plan! I agree with everyone else...TEXT HIM!! (And then report back :) )

Couch
05-30-2009, 12:11 AM
If you truly have zero idea of how to talk to boys, this sounds like the perfect time to practice!

Smiling_Sara
05-30-2009, 01:14 PM
ok, I will text him this afternoon, saying I was just testing out the new blackberry, and thanks again for all the help he gave me. And then we'll see if he responds. I'll let you all know.

Star2Be
05-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Oooo!! I'm late coming to this thread, but yeah I *totally* agree with what everyone else was saying--it sounds like he was hardcore flirting with you, missy, so don't waste anymore time texting him! ;) Hehe. Let us know how it goes! I'm so excited for you! :D

irishsarah
05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
*Hee Hee*!

What happened? Did you text him?
Come on and spill! Some of us have been stuck...oops I mean WITH the same person for a LONG time, we are living vicariously through you!

mel hughes
05-31-2009, 12:30 AM
That is too funny. I've never had anyone flirt so directly before..lol And he did make a point to tell you he could easily move back...if you guys fall in LOVE..lol

Smiling_Sara
05-31-2009, 01:10 PM
ok, I will today. Wasn't able to yesterday cause I was with a girlfriend most of the day. Eek. I'm kinda nervous.....

Beautiful Ace
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
wow, what is it with phone salesmen! lol I had pretty much the same experience as you did! I say he was DEFINITELY flirting with you. And you should definitely flirt right back:D

BeautyandtheBeast
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Go for it honey! Don't leave it too long. This is so exciting!

Beautiful Ace
05-31-2009, 01:17 PM
We're going to need text logs with all the excitement this is bringing:D haha

Smiling_Sara
05-31-2009, 05:25 PM
wow, what is it with phone salesmen! lol I had pretty much the same experience as you did! I say he was DEFINITELY flirting with you. And you should definitely flirt right back:D

so what happened with your salesman? did you contact him?

Here is what I sent, tell me if it sounded alright.

Hi there, you sold me a phone a few days ago. I thought I'd sent a text test to you, and to thank you again for being so helpful.

Hope that doesn't sound to dorky lol

DCHound
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Nope that sounds great! Now let us know what he says! :)

MugCanDoIt
06-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Im excited for you. Just think of it this way....if he wasnt meaning for you to call him, then he's moving and you'll never have to see him or talk to him again. Be sure to let us know ASAP after you text him!! Good luck, it sounds like a good thing to me!

Beautiful Ace
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
so what happened with your salesman? did you contact him?

Yeh, we talked a bunch via text. Turned out he had a girlfriend :dizzy: I am not a homewrecker so I didn't message him again. lol

chickiegirl
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Anything yet BornToFly???

MugCanDoIt
06-01-2009, 05:26 PM
come on, tell us!

Smiling_Sara
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
ok, so here is the update. I'm not sure what to think of it at all. Remember, from what i know, he was moving the day after I got my phone....here is what he said back to me.

yep i got it! im glad you like your phone. if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to call or text. have a good day

hmmm, what's the call on this one?

chickiegirl
06-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm totally confused. He was CLEARLY flirting with you at the store and now that crappy reply??

I would just let it go for now, since he didn't ask any questions or anything that would keep the conversation going. But you should be proud you put yourself out there and tested the waters.

At least you don't have to wonder now.

Sorry, hun. Sometimes boys just suck!

Smiling_Sara
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm totally confused. He was CLEARLY flirting with you at the store and now that crappy reply??

I would just let it go for now, since he didn't ask any questions or anything that would keep the conversation going. But you should be proud you put yourself out there and tested the waters.

At least you don't have to wonder now.

Sorry, hun. Sometimes boys just suck!

I know, right? The only thing I keep thinking about is maybe he was really busy with moving and maybe I should shoot a text over asking how his move went. but IDK.

belezura
06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
hmmm
I would leave it on that...
Didn't seem like he was much interested.
If he really wanted he could find 5 minutes to say something nice...
he could had said something a lot nicer in the same time he took to type that boring message.
I don't like to be pushy...
and he has your # now too... so if he wants, he can find you...
But it is really up to you though....

chickiegirl
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I know, right? The only thing I keep thinking about is maybe he was really busy with moving and maybe I should shoot a text over asking how his move went. but IDK.

My two cents is that you should just leave it. But this is not on you at all -- he was absolutely, totally, and over-the-top confusing with his initial actions.

At least you'll know some of the stuff you can say/do in the future for when the guy is not so confusing!!

Smiling_Sara
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
you're prob right. thanks for the advice all! Darn Boys sometimes. :dizzy:

Kae
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Hmmm.. very confusing. Yr not alone, I can't read guys at all.

glutio
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I was totally gonna say what belezura said!

The last time I had a sales guy hit on me like that, it was when I joined a gym several years ago. He was all flirty the WHOLE time he was showing me around, asking when I was going to come back to exercise after I signed up and all that stuff, put his number in my phone and said he was going to call me to get me into the gym. Then he actually started calling to see when I was going to see him and stuff. We wound up dating for like 3 months.

Is he moving in the city or moving out of town?

glutio
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Or maybe I should read everything before I reply!