Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #1  

Smile what new clothes are you wearing?

Today the scale said 215.4, which means I'm down 6 pounds this month, and down 21 pounds since the beginning of 2009. I'm wearing a brown sleeveless shirt that is so much looser on me than it was when I wore it last summer, and a pair of Esprit de Corps size 14 cargo pants that I bought at a thrift store 3 months ago to motivate myself. At the time I could zip them up but couldn't wear them comfortably, and I've been wearing them all day! Feels pretty good!

Let's celebrate! What clothes are you wearing that you can notice fit differently? Or, what new clothes are you enjoying?
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #2  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Not that my arms are ready for it - but I'm going sleeveless for the first time in YEARS and loving it :-) CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS!!!!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Great thread!! I just went to Goodwill today and picked up 3 "new" pairs of jeans, because mine are too big! Love it. I'm wearing size 12 Gap jeans comfortably for the first time in years, plus I found an AWESOME pair of Lucky Brand jeans that I can almost zip up. I figure the deal was too good to pass up, so I'm looking forward to wearing my first ever pair of Lucky jeans in about 10 pounds!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #4  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I worked from home today so I'm dressed like a slob I have a NEW pair of CK jeans that I bought in MARCH that I can pull down, belt and all without any effort. What a waste they are just TOO BIG!

I'm, wearing an old blouse. My jeans are 18W; I'm definitely in 16's now and I have a huge amout of clothing in storage in 14 and below that I'm going to dig into SOON.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've been loving my cap sleeves since I lost the weight. No more boxy t-shirt style short sleeves for me.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #6  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

I am wearing a pair of GAP jeans that I had actually thrown out into the recycle bin because I literally could not move in them, they were sooooooo tight. They are now loose - I actually need a belt - and best of all: no muffin top!!! Woohooo!!!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #7  
wsw

love this topic! i am wearing some bright colored blouses now (turquoise, pink, and light green) which i love, and is a huge departure from my normally only dark colored outfits, and it makes me smile.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi,
My first post to 3fatchicks. I've been losing weight "officially" since inaugeration day (Jan 20). It's my own thing but also my employer started a little competition amongst departments in a biggest loser style idea. I kept at it with regular logging of food, occassional diary entries on progress, exercising, and planning. Wouldn't weigh myself but did start measuring myself monthly just to have another way to watch progress. I weighed in for the end of our "competition" yesterday (five months of losing, half way to my goal for me) and I've lost 25 pounds! I knew I'd been losing but too scared to be disappointed with a low number. My weight loss plan had me losing a pound a week but I'd increased exercise and felt I'd been more successful than that baseline.

Just before my young adult niece came to visit a week or so ago, I went to Goodwill to buy a bunch of new pants. I was thrilled to actually find a couple pants that are identical to a couple pants I had in pre-weight loss sizes. This weight loss has shown me a few new insights such as I really LOVE pants and will buy several sizes too small just because the Goodwill has a beautiful Talbots or other nice pant. I actually have had a bunch of pants from last year's Goodwill stop that I've slowly begun to fit in to while I've been losing. It's been fun. I fit in to the last "too small" size from last year just before my niece's arrival--yeah. They're too long, though. At the beginning of May, I went to the Gap and grabbed a bunch of size 8 and 10 sizes, tried them on, smiled, then put them back, and left. It was all about "proof in the pudding" for me.

The best is that the main reason for weight loss is very bad pain in my knees. I've really seen a huge improvement and it keeps me motivated to go all the rest of the way!
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I am wearing medium shirts, even with my big boobs!! I am wearing mostly size 6 jeans and can now fit comfortably in a size 5 junior jeans. I also got a pair of Lucky jeans in size 4. They fit but are way too long for me. Guess its incentive to do some sewing!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt, things I would never have worn before. Of the pants hanging in my closet, not one has an elastic waist !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #11  

Yesterday I went to Old Navy and bought a pair of really cute size 16 jeans which I am currently wearing, as well as a brown cap-sleeved top with embroidery. Most exciting was a pair of SIZE 14 capri pants which fit fine, and will fit me even better when I meet my goal of getting to 210 by the end of June (I'm 214.5 now, so this is very doable). I'm taking a class starting July 5, and I want to wear those pants to my first day of class! Thanks for your posts, everybody! Keep up the great work and enjoy those new smaller numbers!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am currently wearing my husbands shorts (he's about 220 and 6 feet tall) that DON'T have an elastic. They are funky long cargo shorts and a new t-shirt from Addition Elle in a 1X!

Considering I started at size 30ish pants and a 5X t-shirt... this is awesome
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/209/205

Height: 4'9"

Currently i'm enjoying my Converse t-shirts in a large size, and i even pulled out some of my old jeans i couldnt fit into for awhile and i fit into size 16's again! I'm now a size 17 in Targets Mossimo Red style which made me cry I was so happy. Almost in Onederland and for once I actually don't feel self conscious about wearing a pair of shorts and a tanktop! yaaay!
JerseyRockerGal85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

My new Vera Wang size 2 skirt (90% off at Kohl's last week).
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Size 18 jeans!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote