Overeaters Anonymous - Meditated today for first time.

View Full Version : Meditated today for first time.

angelmomma210
05-29-2009, 10:54 AM
This was interesting for me. This is the first time that I did this and I really enjoyed it. I read oa litature and then prayed and then listened for a while. It was great and I plan on doing it everyday for me. :idea::idea:

I know that I am new here. I am looking at heart surgery for a-fib soon. I am scared, but I know that this is the best thing for me. I have had a-fib for about 12 years and it has gotten harder. I have been using food for a long time and am now doing the 12 steps to help me. I am on step 4/5 and just taking my time with it.

patd
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Angelmomma, thanks for sharing and meditation is so good isn't it? You will look forward to it the more you do it, at least that is the way it was for me and it took me a long time to get with it. Now if I miss I feel like I've really missed an important part of my day.

Being scared about any kind of surgery to me seems pretty normal. Just remember to ask your HP to be with you and you'll be ok. Will add you to my prayer list when is your surgery?

hugs
patd

Jen415
05-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, Angelmomma...meditation is wonderful! It gives our HP the opportunity to speak to us....

angelmomma210
05-30-2009, 11:48 AM
As I meditated today my HP (God) really touched my heart. I was in a-fib when I first started and within minutes of my starting my a-fib stopped and I was back in normal sinus rythum. I feel so much better today. Am glad that my sponsor suggested meditation.

patd
05-31-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm so glad it's working for you, keep up the good work.

hugs
patd