Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:57 AM   #1  

Default To eat or not to eat

I've got a cold, and I'm not the slightest bit hungry. Normally, I'd say WOOHOO, but I know myself a little too well, and if I don't at least try to eat (Yesterday I got down my regular breakfast and a Healthy Choice pizza - about 700 calories - I'm getting plenty of water, though, even with an irritated throat), I will binge when I start to feel better. How do you guys take care of yourself when you're not feeling well, and how do you avoid the binge that often comes after getting too few calories for a couple of days?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  

Well..I shouldn't even reply to this because I am the worst person when I don't feel well. Normally, I am. I excuse everything I eat because of how I feel. I've been working on it though.

If I were you, since you have no appetite, force the foods like you have. At least a little bit. And when your feeling well, concentrate on what you want. Remind yourself that the binge will not be justified because you were sick and not eating much. Focus. That is the most important thing. Focus.

And as always, do your best to get through it.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:16 PM   #3  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Debbers!

Here's hoping you'll be feeling better soon!

The only thing that I can think of is to pamper yourself in other ways. . .maybe take a long hot bubble bath, or get a manicure, or give yourself a facial. . .you know, the taking care of you thing!

And then, just keep encouraging yourself to stay with your program. . .for I believe that as we get healthier our immune systems will improve and you won't get as many colds as before! Take care & get some rest!

Smiles,

irishwings
Old 06-18-2002, 11:45 PM   #4  

Debbers, I hope you feel well soon. Maybe when you feel better and find out how much you lost during the illness, it will make you want to keep on going! Eat enough to keep up your strength, though. I agree with Irish, that when we are lighter, we will be healthier.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:21 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I do not have much to add here but

nothing tastes as good as your pride!!!!
Closed Thread