100 lb. Club - Positive thinking: Tell us 3 things you like about yourself

CLCSC145
05-28-2009, 03:16 AM
I've been reading around 3FC tonight and I was saddened to see a good number of posts with negative self talk. While there's no need to sugar coat our problems with food and weight, I do believe there is ALWAYS more to love and be proud of with ourselves than to pick on. And as for hate, I don't think there is any room for that in any of our thoughts about ourselves. Life is too short and precious for that.

So I challenge you: Tell us three things you truly like about yourself!

Here are mine:
1. I've got a good sense of humor :rofl:
2. I'm pretty smart and love to learn new things :book2:
3. My smile lights up a room (no, not from excessive teeth whitening, it's just a happy smile that seems to draw people in :D)

nicolen
05-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Great idea, CC!

My eyes. I have lovely deep set green eyes. Pity I wear glasses so they're hidden most of the time.

My hands. Long fingers, actually long and slim in comparison with the rest of me.

My cheekbones. Now that they're becoming visible, I realise I've got lovely high cheekbones.

Rosinante
05-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Hm, surprisingly challenging question, which makes me a bit sad.

1. I can learn foreign languages almost as easily as breathing.
2. I love words and have an outrageous verbal sense of humour.
3. Getting harder. OK, my skin is really good for my age.

divinechaos
05-28-2009, 04:12 AM
1. I love my eyes. They vary from a light honey to a deep, dark red, depending on my mood/the time of day.

2. Artistically, I'm good at everything I've tried (very therapeutic).

3. I come from a family of very strong women, and I'm proud to continue the legacy :)

jab91864
05-28-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm strong. When push comes to shove I stand my ground.

I still have the ability to shock even my inner circle which I enjoy.

I like my hair.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-28-2009, 08:11 AM
1) I'm tenacious.
2) I'm loyal.
3) I'm an optimist.

TraceyElaine
05-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Oh this is a lovely thread!

1. I am strong. Both physically and mentally.
2. I have great skin.
3. I am very open minded.

bindersbee
05-28-2009, 09:51 AM
1. I am tenacious. It's both my best and my worst trait (depending on how I apply it!). It's why we have 3 beautiful kids when the doctors told us we'd never be able to. I held on and researched and came up with the fertility treatment protocol that actually worked. Tenacity.

2. I'm optimistic. I may not have been blessed with a genetically awesome metabolism or bird legs or any of the physical traits I'd love to have BUT I am hard wired to be happy. My 'baseline' mood is to the happy side of neutral. I'm only ever down if I specifically have a reason to be. Good thing too since I'm married to someone who struggles with the opposite problem.

3. Physically, I like my eyes. They're bright blue but the left one is about 1/3 brown! It's my unique little genetic mutation and it makes me different.

Jennelle
05-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Love this thread! :D

1. I'm compassionate. I can't do much for those in need, but I can do something!
2. I'm patient - with people, with situations.
3. I have really pretty dark brown eyes. They have always been my best feature. :)

rochemist
05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
I like that I am pretty. This is a new thing for me and I like it. It also feels weird and vain, but its my opinion that I am in fact pretty (wish I would have realised sooner :p )

I like that I am smart and like thoughts and ideas. Nothing makes me happier than sharing these things.

I like my sense of humor, it might be a little dry but absurdity drives me. This is my rich internal life.

Jen415
05-28-2009, 10:42 AM
1. I'm a damn good singer and actor, with an affection for musical theatre and karaoke!

2. I am able to see the humor in just about every situation I find myself in...it sure is coming in handy right now!

3. I am a super loyal friend.

Kae
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Hmmm...

1. I'm artistic and pretty much anything artsy and craftsy comes pretty easily to me...

2. I am strong and have a strong sense of my morals and what I believe in...

3. I'm a little weird (well, alot) and I love my uniqueness!

Couch
05-28-2009, 11:00 AM
1. I laugh easily and often
2. I have great hair, blonde with natural highlights
3. I'm smart and learn easily

This is a really cool way to learn more about each other:)

L R K
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Great idea, something I haven't done for a very long time! :bravo:

1. My Eyes. Depending the the amount of light, they can vary in colour from grey to light blue to even a very light green.

2. My Carefree, laid back attitude to life. I tend to make people around me feel a lot less stressed out, I can always brighten up someone's day.

3. I am very open minded. I will never judge anyone based on a stereotype or a religious preference etc. And I will try just about anything once.

:jig:

Slashnl
05-28-2009, 11:25 AM
1. I'm easy going. There isn't a lot that rattles my cage.

2. I'm a really good cook. (Ok, not always the best thing to be when you're trying to lose weight, but I'm trying to do better with cooking healthy!)

3. I care about people.

Tummy Girl
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Well there's actually a lot, I do like myself a lot but my favorites today are:

1. I'm enthusiastic and super positive. If I'm excited about something I'm pretty unstoppable and it's kind of infectious, like a disease, to others around me.

2. I'm athletic, which seems odd coming from an obese person but I'm still good at sports, exercise (and enjoy it :o) and have good hand eye coordination and all that good stuff. I rocked it out much younger when I was somewhat faster due to less boote.

3. I'm an awesome mom (most of the time), which really surprises me. I didn't ever think I wanted children until maybe 3 1/2 years ago b/c I didn't think I knew enough to help form a productive human being. But she's 2 1/2 now and I'm so much better at this than I thought. But of course as all the parents know, they do teach us so much more than we can teach them.

Hopefully in the future all of us can list losing weight and maintaining it right up there too!

TJFitnessDiva
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm saddened to read posts where women are putting themselves down too :( I'm filled with hope that one day they will see their self worth!

So my 3 things are:

I'm am always optimistic.

I'm very determined....although if you would ask my DH he might say it can be one of my faults too :lol:

I now have a green thumb ;) Which if you knew me you'd be very proud hehe

SnowboundChick
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
1. open minded, I like the other poster dont' judge or compare. I take all the facts before I come to a decision and it's not always firm unless there is nothing else that would change my mind. I hope I explained that well enough.

2. i'm smart, I can keep up, though I do choose to be dumb about things. I'm super sensitive so I dont' watch the news of any kind, i don't listen to the radio and I on ly read the local paper. But I like books of all kinds, I'm always reading or learning. Right now with the weight loss I'm always reading whatever books I can find that I think will help me and I'm taking a certificate program on Fitness and Nutrition.

3. I'm athletic - I just forgot. Thought right now I know I can't do the things I used to but one I get moving and losing again, I can do anything. I've always been pretty good at sports and have good hand/eye coordination as well. I do love the way exercise makes me feel. I once was asked to play on the Yukon volleyball team for Canada Games but my parents couldn't afford it, so it was a missed opportunity that I still regret today! I just believe anything is possible.

emmalee51
05-28-2009, 02:37 PM
This is actually quite hard! CC, thanks for a really great challenge today!

1. I can argue and forgive you less than 5 minutes. DH is still amazed after 8 years. Takes him weeks to get over a fight with me. Me? 10 minutes tops!

2. I have really sexy ankles and toes and guys like them. (Have to keep an eye out for those foot fetish ones though.. they just creep me out)

3. Hmmm.... My gut instinct is pretty on target when it comes to guys. My friends love this - 2 hours of convo with me and i'll know which are the good ones ;)

Luckybustert
05-28-2009, 02:39 PM
1. I'm intelligent and like to learn.
2. I'm very attractive.
3. I'm a great cook.

DCHound
05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm kind and thoughtful to people, animals and plants.

I'm intelligent, well-educated, well-read and a first-class writer.

I'm loyal to a fault.

Delphi
05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
1. My Character

2. My ability to never take anything seriously, unless I have to. ;)

3. My Intellect

Arctic Mama
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
It's so sad that thinking of three measly things could be so difficult!

1. I love my hair - it's super thick, wavy, and the longer it grows the more impressive it looks.

2. I try to be helpful and generous to everyone.

3. I am a very loyal friend - I'd give someone I care about the shirt off my back if need be.

zinkemomx2
05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm emphatic.
I LOVE my ankles and feet.
I love the color of my hair.

Momto2Ms
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
What a great idea!

1. I have two awesome kids, so I must be doing some right.
2. My cup is (almost) always full.
3. Every day that I go to work, I know I am making an impact for the children of Tennessee. I am passionate about and good at my job.

stillclock
05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
1. i am a talented writer with a strong intellectual gift

2. i am the best mom i know

3. i am a fantastic hostess and an amazing cook

isolde

Windchime
05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
1. I'm a good mom; it's the one thing that I know for sure I do really, really well.

2. I'm compassionate

3. I have really good hair and nails. (That's just luck, really, but I'm still pretty happy about it!)

Trazey34
05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm funny & smart (I think they go hand in hand most times, no??)

I'm pretty

I'm wicked awesome :D

finn
05-29-2009, 07:36 AM
1. I'm strong - both in character and in physicality. I adore the feeling of being fit and healthy.

2. I'm confident in my self and my abilities. e.g. at a recent job interview I told the company that I wouldn't have turned up at the interview if I didn't think I could do the job. I got it :-)

3. I'm honest, straight up and direct - its a quality that I like in other people and what I try to aspire to.

Great thread!

gloriacoto
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
3 things
!. Im a warrior
2.Im pretty
3.Im an excellent child care worker

cfmama
05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh I like this idea!!!

I have very sexy calves and ankles. Very thin and pretty ankles and feet. I love them.

I have a great rack in a good bra ;)

I'm kind, gentle and great with children and animals.

Lyn2007
05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
1. I have good hair

2. I have curves that are sexy at any weight

3. I am a good writer

Hello Nurse
05-29-2009, 06:35 PM
1. I love my baby blue eyes!

2. People have always told me that I have a "way" with animals, especially dogs and horses who were once abused or have issues. I have a way of getting things out of a horse that professional trainers have not (and I am by no means a professional trainer, just use my gut instinct). I have recently found the same talent applies to some abused children whom I have reached when others cannot.

3. People cannot lie to me, I see right through them. Very strong sixth sense when it comes to this! Wonderful skill for a school nurse to have!

avi0903
05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
This really is a nice thread. I agree that for me at least, I do a lot of negative self-talking. So for me:

1. I know I'm a good, empathetic listener, and people feel safe opening up to me.

2. I can zoom in and know what others need to feel better about themselves, and I feel happy giving them what they need.

3. I'm pretty, and when I lose this weight I'll be a knock-out!

Beautiful Ace
05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
1 - My ability to see the bright side of things. This is a really great quality when my friends are going through hard times.
2 - I'm a huge social butterfly, very outgoing. When I go out, I always have a good time meeting new people, which I love.
3 - My face. This might sound cocky, but I just love how pretty my face is.