Old 05-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Plod.

The Electronic Number Generator disappointed yesterday, and I said I'd have to keep plodding. And I did.

When I'm at a place I don't like on the scales - either a sudden loss and I want to make sure it's not a fluke OR a slow down or stall - I weigh for the next couple of days until either I'm sure of the loss or the slow down moves on (always fear I might somehow have forgotten how to do it!).

Weighed this morning and ........ exactly the same as yesterday.

Hm. Another plod day.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thumbs up Here's to plodding.

Some days/weeks - plodding is all that can be done. What's the alternative? Eating some extra chocolate, some crackers, some what have you? Like THAT'S gonna help anything? Plod away. Maybe sneak in an extra little walk or something and keep on persevering.

Try, as hard as that may be, to get on that scale, first thing in the morning - and then just move on. Don't let it dictate your mood during the course of the day. Don't try to "figure out" how you came up with such a nice loss, where the heck that gain came from, or how could you possibly have stayed the same yet again. It can drive you batty and there's simply no point to it. You CAN'T figure it out. It's not figure-out-able. Yes, I'm making up my own words here. Sometimes I do that. I just have to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I hear you, and I'm trying.
I'm in a crabby place right now, because I'm anxious about my health tests tomorrow, both the procedure and the results. Hey, at least I'm not eating extra, that's a big NSV!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #4  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm plodding with you, sister.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #5  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Yup, plodding too. Totally self inflicted as I ate way to much over the weekend and I'm now slowly getting rid of the extra weight all that salt put on. It seems very slow and dull and uninspiring.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

I'm plodding too. I have breakfast and lunch here with me and I'm veryveryveryvery stressed about the strong potential of layoffs. Last night I permitted myself to get crazy with wine cheese pizza and chocolate and today no matter what I am back on plan. No matter what.
But I just finished a lovely OP breakfast of 2 eggs, cheddar cheese and turkey bacon. And I really want to tear into the chipolte chicken, cheese, avocado salad that is up for lunch. But I will NOT.

plod.

hunger. stress. plod. plod. plod.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  

Height: 4'11"

If you are pldding you have already beaten the evil scale. You can out wait it! You will prevail!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #8  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

No, sorry, Ailiadh.

I am afraid what I hear is not the lackluster footsteps of a group that is plodding. What I am hearing is the righteous stamp of strong individuals marching with determination and grit toward good health and lower weights. So you don't march as fast when you are marching uphill. Never doubt that you are still moving steadily and unstoppably toward your destination.

And that annoying, high-pitched, whiny squeal sound in the background? That is the last desperate screams of the pounds of fat that are being squashed beneath your high-heeled, lace-up-the-back, thigh-high, black leather boots!

Walk on, ladies, walk on!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
No, sorry, Ailiadh.

I am afraid what I hear is not the lackluster footsteps of a group that is plodding. What I am hearing is the righteous stamp of strong individuals marching with determination and grit toward good health and lower weights. So you don't march as fast when you are marching uphill. Never doubt that you are still moving steadily and unstoppably toward your destination.

And that annoying, high-pitched, whiny squeal sound in the background? That is the last desperate screams of the pounds of fat that are being squashed beneath your high-heeled, lace-up-the-back, thigh-high, black leather boots!

Walk on, ladies, walk on!
Yesssssssssssssss!
Damn! All of you look wonderfully sexy in those boots!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Numina: I love you. Kiss me darling.

Ailidh: you keep plodding along my friend because Numina is RIGHT. Every single step is another step to a healthier and happier you You'll do it! I know you will!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #11  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Ailidh hope your procedure goes well. Also, hope tests and results come back good. You haven't got to far to go, to get to your Spanish Holiday weight goal.
Keep up the Good Work!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote