100 lb. Club - Im more concerned about my health

View Full Version : Im more concerned about my health

gloriacoto
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Im glad that Im losing weight and Im looking forward to losing Metabolic syndrome (pre diabetes) and getting off Metphorman. I would like to be able to walk without pain in my feet and and stiffness every time I get up. I walk a lot a work so thats good but I still need to get these pounds off to be able to move comfortably. Im looking forward to not looking like a Teepee when I wear a dress and seeing my hanging abdomen disappear would be cool too lol Im grateful that I still have the desire to change and transform into the woman I really am...I really want to be me today...hurray:carrot::carrot:

CLCSC145
05-26-2009, 11:10 PM
The best part, Gloria is that you don't have to work at this for very long for a lot of those things to improve!

Jennelle
05-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Yep - most doctors agree that losing just 10% of your body weight can reverse things like high blood pressure and pre-diabetes. You're in it for all the right reasons!

rochemist
05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Amen to everything that was said. For every pound lost you lose 4 lbs of shearing pressure on your knees.

rockinrobin
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I believe that there are even more health risks due to obesity then we or even the medical profession are aware of.

It's a wonderful thing to want to make a change and then be willing to do all that's necessary to get you there. A WONDERFUL thing. When I finally got to that stage, I was giddy with glee at all the changes that were coming my way. The possibilities are endless - and that is exciting and thrilling. Really, the year I was losing was one of the most phenomenal, joyful, thrilling - self-discovering, self-growing year of my life.

I look forward to being a part of your transformation. :)

Numina
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I've gotta love your attitude, Gloria! Those pounds of fat that have moved into your house uninvited should REEEEEEEEALLLY be getting nervous --- their days are numbered!