View Poll Results: What would you like the Blue Team name to be?
Blue Badgers 0 0%
Blue Jays 0 0%
Blue Birds 1 3.57%
Blue Bandits 0 0%
Blue Belles 7 25.00%
Blue Bombshells 20 71.43%
Other (Specify below) 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Blue Team Chat - Week 1 of Summer Camp

Hey Team! Now that we have our team assignments finalized, do any of our new members have a suggestion for a team name? So far we have:

Blue Badgers
Blue Jays
Blue Birds
Blue Belles
Blue Bandits
Blue Babes

Now for the first Blue Team QOTD: What is your goal for this challenge? (that can be answered in pounds or as a specific accomplishment)

My goal is to get below 145.5, which would put me in the healthy BMI range. Additionally I'd really like to lose 1% of my body weight each week.

Last edited by dixied; 05-26-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  

Blue Team QOTD: What is your goal for this challenge?

I mostly signed up to keep me motivated and moving now that the kids will be home all summer and I'll be in a state of constant change- something that can easily derail healthy habits.

I'd love to lose 18 lbs. by Sept. 10th (just after the challenge ends). I have 18 lbs. to go in order to have lost 50 lbs. in a year. I know that's slow going compared to many but will be an amazing accomplishment for me. In order to do that, I'll have to 'kick it up a notch' this summer.

Since many of the people who commit to this challenge will drop out before completing the session, I also want to just be a finisher. A small goal but actually more important to long term success than having big losses.

Bindershubs: he said his goal is to lose at least 18 lbs. and get that pesky '3' off the scale as well as improve his cardio health.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I think they are all cute ideas, I'm not so creative, but out of the list Blue Belles is growing on me the most.

QOTD: My first big mini goal was to be down to 250 so that would be completely awesome to happen by the end of the challenge. I hovered between 245 and 260 from jr. high until about 2 years ago which I was about 23. At that weight I was obviously still very overweight, but I could do things, I worked at a camp hiking about 10 miles a day just to get from point around everywhere because it was so spread out. I even did a 7 mile backpacking trip. I want to be able to move like that again.

As for week to week, I just really want to stay on target! I am getting better every day, learning from my choices and I just want to continue making good choices... results on the scales wouldn't hurt either

I am very excited for this, thank you for setting it up!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #4  

Dear Blue Team:

Your Team Leader is an idjit. I screwed up the weigh-ins for the challenge in the weigh-in thread. I've fixed the template and all of the weigh-in posts so far. Just so you know, the first weigh-in is due before 11:59PM (EST) June 1st, not June 8th.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
Blue Belles
Blue Babes

Now for the first Blue Team QOTD: What is your goal for this challenge? (that can be answered in pounds or as a specific accomplishment)
I vote for one of the two above.

My challenge goal is to finish lighter than I came in. I've had trouble in the past with either giving up or missing deadlines.

I also have a personal exercise challenge for the summer. My best friend came up with a plan for us to do an 8 mile run Labor Day weekend. I am not an exerciser at all so this is serious stuff for me. I am on week 3 of my training with 15 weeks to go. I have a feeling I'm going to need every one of those weeks, lol.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Team! It's so good to be wearing my blue t-shirt again .
Happy to see all the returning bluesers and welcome to all the newbies!
Let's rock this challenge!

Quote:

I try to generally not set goals in numbers because my body just does what it decides to do but, I would like to at least match the 11 lbs I lost on the previous challenge.

Also, exercise is the toughie for me, so I would like to keep up with the exercising and making it a routine.

I already mentioned in the other thread that I like the Blue Babes name, Blue Badgers is also cute.

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the upcoming weeks!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Everyone! This will be my 3rd BLC. The first one I completed but then the last one I dropped out. It was tax season, which is my busy season at work. I am an assistant at an Accounting firm. So I just had too much on my plate. I'm hoping to stay with this challenge the whole time and to finally get to Onderland. The lowest I have been was 204 back in December then I regained everything back.

As for the team name I like Blue Belles that one kind of caught my eye.

Well have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by scarahjs; 05-26-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #8  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hey Team! Now that we have our team assignments finalized, do any of our new members have a suggestion for a team name?
I have a suggestion...

BLUE BOMBSHELLS

just a thought. Off of the initial list, I would vote for the Blue Belles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
...Since many of the people who commit to this challenge will drop out before completing the session, I also want to just be a finisher. A small goal but actually more important to long term success than having big losses.

Bindershubs: he said his goal is to lose at least 18 lbs. and get that pesky '3' off the scale as well as improve his cardio health.
Binder, I am one of those people who have not made it to the finish YET! This time is the one. Last round I fell out due to injury, and my first BL challenge I tried harder to keep up with the posts than to lose weight. Got my head on straight now ready to do the dang thang! Also wish I would have gotten BF involved here! I think it would have been a kick!

Okay Blue QOTD: I would like to lose 25lbs. Thats less than 2 a week and I need to get the weight off. I feel fantastic about this challenge ladies! Lets do it!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I too prefer Blue Belles or Bombshells I think.........

QOTD: I just want an extra incentive to stick with my program. I want something that will motivate me as it gets hotter and hotter outside to keep moving and working out. Obviously, I also want to lose weight, 25 lbs at least!

Last edited by melwolfe; 05-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #10  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I like the Blue Bombshells that cute

Blue Team QOTD: What is your goal for this challenge?
I definately want to reach my goal by the time this challenge is over. Last challenge the weight was an up and down thing. If I don't reach my goal by the end of the challenge I want to have lost a total of 5 lbs every month. This challenge will give me motivation to stay on track.

Last edited by jmfan317; 05-26-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Oh, I like the Blue Bombshells. Let's pick that one.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

I am happy to be blue again...I took the last challenge off. I may have missed the past 2 kinda lost track. I want to get below 200 this challenge. My lowest is 211.6 but over the past weekend i gained 5lbs. Hopefully it will come back off fast. Cant wait to see what challenges are ahead for us!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #13  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

QOTD: I want to be at goal by the end of this challenge. And I want to lose at least half of that by July 12 (DS's wedding date).

Blue Team Name: Blue Belles

I love the name Blue Belles because it can be a great play on words. My dad planted the flower Bluebells in his yard when he was a boy. My sister lives in the same house that Dad was born in and that we grew up in as children. The Blue Bells are still there and I have transplanted some in my yard and so the flowers keep growing. They are such resilient little flowers and always come back even when neglected. A "Belle" of course is a woman who is a great beauty just like the flower. We are like the flower. Some of us have been neglecting ourselves but we are resilient and are bouncing back, taking care of our bodies and turning into "belles" (which we all are actually, except for "bindershubs" and we'll not hold that against him, )

From the Merriam-Webster Online: Belle: a popular and attractive girl or woman ; especially : a girl or woman whose charm and beauty make her a favorite <the belle of the ball>

Anyway that's my 2 cents for the day. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by retiredone; 05-26-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #14  

I like all the suggestions, so I think we'll be democratic and set up a poll. Right after I figure out how to do that again.

Okay, I figured it out. Voting is anonymous, and you can only vote once. The poll will be open for two days, or until a majority of our team has voted. So if one of the choices gets over 20 votes before the two days are up, that's the name.

Last edited by dixied; 05-26-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #15  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
personally my goal is to be overweight and get out of the obese category. but since that is only 8 lbs away i'm gonna say my goal is to lose 20 lbs. also, i want to be able to run a 10 minute mile. right now its just under 14 minutes...but working on it.