Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:26 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, June 17th

Good Morning Everyone,

How was your weekend? Mine was good, other than the Father's Day thing, all I did was clean, laundry, food shopping. But nonetheless, I'd rather be home

Took DH out for dinner on Saturday and went to his Fathers on Sunday. Fathers day is happy but sad at the same time cause I really miss my dad since he passed in 1984.

I went to that cake place and got a Drizzle Cake for DH for the weekend and may I say, I didn't have ANY....pretty good huh LOL.

Linny, I'm emailing you so look out LOLOLOL.....huggs.

TTYL, Love Leens
Old 06-17-2002, 10:55 AM   #2  

Default Mornin'

Hi Leens and lurkers,

Monday.... waaaaaaaahh. I don't wanna be at work : stomping foot: I tell myself 2 weeks til my vacation.. then I am off for 9 days!

Weekend was fine, too short as always. I made some great recipes. One was for a BBQ chicken salad. I had this with homemade baked tortilla chips.. yum. I made sour cream marinated chicken. That was also yummy, and I even used fat free sour cream for marinade. I got a nap in on Saturday and got a lot of reading done. Kittycat was please I was home to provide a suitable napping location.

Leens, I know what you mean about Father's day. I spent yesterday thinking about my Dad and thinking it has been more than 15 years since he died. Some days , it still seems like yesterday. Next Sunday is another hard day for me, as it is his birthday.

What is a drizzle cake? When are you making one for ME?? I bought a bunch of crazy vegetables at the store this weekend. Some I have never had and for the life of me, right now I cannot remember what recipe they are suppose to be for!! Hopefully I can find them someplace, otherwise, I am going to have to think of something to do with Leeks and Cauliflower!

Well, gotta toddle off and do some work. Leens, looking forward to your email :::hide::::
Old 06-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #3  

Hi LindaT, how do you make baked tortilla chips please? I really miss my Doritos & salsa dip!!

The chicken sounds good too (although I don't think we can get fat-free sour cream here in the UK, can I use plain (natural) yoghurt?
Old 06-17-2002, 02:48 PM   #4  

Default Baked tortialla chips & chicken

Hi Nicky.

Here is the recipe. I got it from http://www.allrecipes.com . I liked it and it wasn't difficult to make.

Ingredients

1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3 In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
4 Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
5 Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, garnishes or guacamole.

Sure you could use yogurt for the chicken recipe. It might give a slightly tangier flavor, but should be good. I didn't use the butter in the chicken recipe.. and it turned out fine

Sour cream marinated chicken II
Ingredients

2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinless
1 3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup butter

Directions
1 To Marinate: In a large nonporous glass dish or bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic; mix well. Add chicken breasts and coat well with sour cream marinade. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate to marinate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3 Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Dredge chicken in bread crumbs to coat well and place in 2 lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dishes. In a small saucepan or skillet, melt butter and spoon evenly over chicken.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and fork-tender and juices run clear.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:14 PM   #5  

Quick work LindaT Thank you both sound great.
Closed Thread