Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #1  
Amy

Talking Friends and Losers May 25th-31st

Hey guy!

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyonehas great BBQ plans!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #2  

Happy Memorial Day! No BBQ plans here.....have been sick all weekend with cold/flu symptoms Planning to cook some chicken drumsticks in the pressure cooker later.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hope you all are having a great holiday! I'm jealous but I guess I got mine a week ago! I'm contemplating a good way to really get back on track...I am yo-yoing and not getting anywhere! I am thinking of the South Beach diet...anyone ever tried it? I am a bit of a carb addict and it's supposed to help you eliminate those cravings for the long run...that Phase 1 would be a tough couple weeks for sure though!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
I am thinking of the South Beach diet...anyone ever tried it? I am a bit of a carb addict and it's supposed to help you eliminate those cravings for the long run...that Phase 1 would be a tough couple weeks for sure though!
Are you doing the colored or numbered plans on LAWL? If I remember correctly, outside of the first couple of weeks the foods on SBD are not all that different from the LAWL colored plans. While on LAWL, I think the colored plans are the way to go if you're a carb addict and using the two days of TO with a low carb fruit such as cantaloupe can help break the carb addiction or at least keep it under control. I plan to do TO every couple of weeks over the summer.

Regardless of what you decide on SBD vs. LAWL, both are good plans and a lot of people have had success with these plans. So it really just boils down to personal preference I think. For me, I feel like there's a bit more structure with LAWL and that is helpful to me.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #5  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Happy Memorial Day everyone! No worries about going off Plan for me...I'll be at work with my salad. Darn.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #6  
Amy

Kristin- I did South Beach.... I lost 15 pounds in Phase I, the first two weeks. Yes, it was torture!! I am a carb addict too! The only thing is it is not really good for long term. I reccommend it if you want to lose it for a vacation or a wedding or something, but as soon as you eat carbs and stuff, you'll gain it back. Good luck if you do it....
Old 05-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Kristin- I did South Beach.... I lost 15 pounds in Phase I, the first two weeks. Yes, it was torture!! I am a carb addict too! The only thing is it is not really good for long term. I reccommend it if you want to lose it for a vacation or a wedding or something, but as soon as you eat carbs and stuff, you'll gain it back. Good luck if you do it....
I'm going to disagree somewhat with the comment that it is not good for long term. Atkins has that same bad rep too, but both programs do add fruits, veggies and even grains back in after the initial phase...but the thing is you will NEVER be able to overindulge on bread, pasta, cakes, cookies, sugar, chips etc. like you did before or you will put the weight back on. You have to be vigilant and it is truly a lifestyle change.

By the same token, you can't do LAWL then overindulge on those same things or you will put the weight back on. I think the right plan for each of us is the one we can stick with, whatever that plan may be.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #8  

Yeah I need to find out some more, see if Phase 2 is something I can live with for awhile...I'm not changing plans yet, just exercising more and changing some habits for now...not really on any plan at the moment except eat great during the week, not great on weekends and keep increasing the exercise...just might not be enough so looking at options..
Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #9  

I think any of the plans out there work if you stick to them, it's a matter of finding one that works best for you, that you can stick to. I think any way I go, there is no plan that will work without me making some changes in my lifestyle...I can't seem to find a pizza and wine diet out there at all!!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
I can't seem to find a pizza and wine diet out there at all!!
LOL...I feel your pain...I searched for a pizza and ice cream diet for years before finally accepting that it doesn't exist!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #11  

I got my Wii EA Sports Active game today! Tried it out and holy crap! That game KICKED my butt! I almost puked after a 25 minutes workout and my legs are burning! I am so outta shape. It has a 30 day challenge in the game though, and the workouts gets harder as you go so I will start the 30 day challenge tommorrow. SHould be good..there are like 100 different activities that constantly get mixed up...so shouldn't get boring for awhile

Oh and this game seems to respond to your own movements waaay better than the Jillian Michaels game did

Last edited by Kristinx; 05-25-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #12  
Amy

Ok wow... I was just speaking from personal experience. If you can stick on South Beach, go for it! I thought it was hard... guess I wasn't motivated enough?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Friends

I will be gone the next couple of days, as DH's grandma passed away on Thursday night. I think we will be back on Wed night, but not sure. I hope you all have a GREAT successful week I know we can ALL do well, no matter waht is going on in our lives
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang!

Nicole... So sorry for your loss.. Hope you have safe travels!

We had a nice relaxing weekend.. Took in a couple of movies and in general, just relaxed..

Cooked out yesterday but instead of blah hotdogs, Liz and I dined on low fat chicken/spinach sausages.. Very yummy!!

It's been raining in places here in New Mexico, which has damped the current fire season, thankfully.... This gives me time to get some real office work done (darn it!!)...

Have a great week, ladies!!! Remember to be one with your POP!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Nicole- So sorry for your loss

Dan- so glad for the rain your way

Amy- Have a great first day of school

KristinX- I think that you have to find out what works for you.

It is frustrating to see that some people can stop drinking soda and loose 10 pounds where others weigh and measure everything and only loose 1 pound. I still have 8 weeks left on my LAWL and I am doing ok with that not loosing as much as I should but I am doing the best I can. What I think has helped me the most is that I have really became very informed about foods in the past 11 weeks. I never new some fruits have a high carb content. I think what has helped me the most is realizing what I can and can not handle. I do best limiting my starches, I do best consuming my starches earlier in that day as well. This week i tried to add in some variety and did not loose much at all. I do better with lean proteins and green veggies with high fiber fruit and straches. I am going to try to stick with that this week as well as I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow.
hopefully with all this insight I will be able to continue to lose weight and keep it off.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote