View Full Version : Friends and Losers May 25th-31st

JerseyMadchen
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey guy!

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyonehas great BBQ plans!

Luckybustert
05-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Happy Memorial Day! No BBQ plans here.....have been sick all weekend with cold/flu symptoms :( Planning to cook some chicken drumsticks in the pressure cooker later.

Kristinx
05-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Hope you all are having a great holiday! I'm jealous but I guess I got mine a week ago! I'm contemplating a good way to really get back on track...I am yo-yoing and not getting anywhere! I am thinking of the South Beach diet...anyone ever tried it? I am a bit of a carb addict and it's supposed to help you eliminate those cravings for the long run...that Phase 1 would be a tough couple weeks for sure though!

Luckybustert
05-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I am thinking of the South Beach diet...anyone ever tried it? I am a bit of a carb addict and it's supposed to help you eliminate those cravings for the long run...that Phase 1 would be a tough couple weeks for sure though!

Are you doing the colored or numbered plans on LAWL? If I remember correctly, outside of the first couple of weeks the foods on SBD are not all that different from the LAWL colored plans. While on LAWL, I think the colored plans are the way to go if you're a carb addict and using the two days of TO with a low carb fruit such as cantaloupe can help break the carb addiction or at least keep it under control. I plan to do TO every couple of weeks over the summer.

Regardless of what you decide on SBD vs. LAWL, both are good plans and a lot of people have had success with these plans. So it really just boils down to personal preference I think. For me, I feel like there's a bit more structure with LAWL and that is helpful to me.

lizababe
05-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Happy Memorial Day everyone! No worries about going off Plan for me...I'll be at work with my salad. Darn.

JerseyMadchen
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Kristin- I did South Beach.... I lost 15 pounds in Phase I, the first two weeks. Yes, it was torture!! I am a carb addict too! The only thing is it is not really good for long term. I reccommend it if you want to lose it for a vacation or a wedding or something, but as soon as you eat carbs and stuff, you'll gain it back. Good luck if you do it....

Luckybustert
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Kristin- I did South Beach.... I lost 15 pounds in Phase I, the first two weeks. Yes, it was torture!! I am a carb addict too! The only thing is it is not really good for long term. I reccommend it if you want to lose it for a vacation or a wedding or something, but as soon as you eat carbs and stuff, you'll gain it back. Good luck if you do it....

I'm going to disagree somewhat with the comment that it is not good for long term. Atkins has that same bad rep too, but both programs do add fruits, veggies and even grains back in after the initial phase...but the thing is you will NEVER be able to overindulge on bread, pasta, cakes, cookies, sugar, chips etc. like you did before or you will put the weight back on. You have to be vigilant and it is truly a lifestyle change.

By the same token, you can't do LAWL then overindulge on those same things or you will put the weight back on. I think the right plan for each of us is the one we can stick with, whatever that plan may be.

Kristinx
05-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah I need to find out some more, see if Phase 2 is something I can live with for awhile...I'm not changing plans yet, just exercising more and changing some habits for now...not really on any plan at the moment except eat great during the week, not great on weekends and keep increasing the exercise...just might not be enough so looking at options..

Kristinx
05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I think any of the plans out there work if you stick to them, it's a matter of finding one that works best for you, that you can stick to. I think any way I go, there is no plan that will work without me making some changes in my lifestyle...I can't seem to find a pizza and wine diet out there at all!!

Luckybustert
05-25-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't seem to find a pizza and wine diet out there at all!!

LOL...I feel your pain...I searched for a pizza and ice cream diet for years before finally accepting that it doesn't exist! ;)

Kristinx
05-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I got my Wii EA Sports Active game today! Tried it out and holy crap! That game KICKED my butt! I almost puked after a 25 minutes workout and my legs are burning! I am so outta shape. It has a 30 day challenge in the game though, and the workouts gets harder as you go so I will start the 30 day challenge tommorrow. SHould be good..there are like 100 different activities that constantly get mixed up...so shouldn't get boring for awhile :)

Oh and this game seems to respond to your own movements waaay better than the Jillian Michaels game did

JerseyMadchen
05-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Ok wow... I was just speaking from personal experience. If you can stick on South Beach, go for it! I thought it was hard... guess I wasn't motivated enough?

Mama Nicole
05-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi Friends :)

I will be gone the next couple of days, as DH's grandma passed away on Thursday night. I think we will be back on Wed night, but not sure. I hope you all have a GREAT successful week :) I know we can ALL do well, no matter waht is going on in our lives :)
XOXO

Dan2112
05-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Morning gang!

Nicole... So sorry for your loss.. Hope you have safe travels!

We had a nice relaxing weekend.. Took in a couple of movies and in general, just relaxed..

Cooked out yesterday but instead of blah hotdogs, Liz and I dined on low fat chicken/spinach sausages.. Very yummy!!

It's been raining in places here in New Mexico, which has damped the current fire season, thankfully.... This gives me time to get some real office work done (darn it!!)...

Have a great week, ladies!!! Remember to be one with your POP!

sweetandspicy
05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Nicole- So sorry for your loss

Dan- so glad for the rain your way

Amy- Have a great first day of school

KristinX- I think that you have to find out what works for you.

It is frustrating to see that some people can stop drinking soda and loose 10 pounds where others weigh and measure everything and only loose 1 pound. I still have 8 weeks left on my LAWL and I am doing ok with that not loosing as much as I should but I am doing the best I can. What I think has helped me the most is that I have really became very informed about foods in the past 11 weeks. I never new some fruits have a high carb content. I think what has helped me the most is realizing what I can and can not handle. I do best limiting my starches, I do best consuming my starches earlier in that day as well. This week i tried to add in some variety and did not loose much at all. I do better with lean proteins and green veggies with high fiber fruit and straches. I am going to try to stick with that this week as well as I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow.
hopefully with all this insight I will be able to continue to loose weight and keep it off.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I got my Wii EA Sports Active game today! Tried it out and holy crap! That game KICKED my butt! I almost puked after a 25 minutes workout and my legs are burning! I am so outta shape. It has a 30 day challenge in the game though, and the workouts gets harder as you go so I will start the 30 day challenge tommorrow. SHould be good..there are like 100 different activities that constantly get mixed up...so shouldn't get boring for awhile :)

Oh and this game seems to respond to your own movements waaay better than the Jillian Michaels game did

I've been resisting the temptation to even look at the Wii but it sounds like they're fun AND provide a good workout.....maybe I should check it out. (I can hear my hubby already rolling his eyes and saying, "yes, dear, that's just what you need....one more weight loss gizmo to add to your collection"...lol)

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok wow... I was just speaking from personal experience. If you can stick on South Beach, go for it! I thought it was hard... guess I wasn't motivated enough?

I don't think it's a matter of your being motivated or not -- it just wasn't the right program for you. :)

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Friends :)

I will be gone the next couple of days, as DH's grandma passed away on Thursday night. I think we will be back on Wed night, but not sure. I hope you all have a GREAT successful week :) I know we can ALL do well, no matter waht is going on in our lives :)
XOXO

Nicole, very sorry for your loss. Take care.....see you when you return.

JLem311
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
good morning all. hope everyone had a nice weekend.
nicole---so sorry to hear of the loss in your family. *thinking of you*

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Cooked out yesterday but instead of blah hotdogs, Liz and I dined on low fat chicken/spinach sausages.. Very yummy!!

That does sound good! I didn't like the chicken sausages the first time I tried them, but I recently cooked some of the Aidells chicken/spinach sausages in the crockpot all day with some sauerkraut and it turned out so delicious! :)

Kristinx
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Amy M. I think you are doing fabulous! I hope no one is making you feel like you are not losing fast enough. I think your progress and dedication is amazing!

Suzanne, I had a lot of people tell me that I would use the Wii for awhile and then the novelty would wear off. But honestly, we use it. My stepson LOVES it. Course he is a video game addict but at least he gets up and moving with these games so I don't really mind. I'm sure you'd get sick of some games after awhile and we end up buying a new one every few months, but still revisit the games we started with too. Plus, it's one of the cheaper video game consoles out there :) Just make sure you have a large enough space for it in front of your tv!

Hoochie
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Back at work today. I put my dog dexter down yesterday. It was heart breaking. I still feel sick to my stomach. My son and I laid there with him while they gave him the injection. I didn't sleep last night. It's going to be a crappy day at work!!
I decided since I am down that I would do Take off today and tomorrow. My appetite is down anyways so I might as well take advantage of my circumstance.
I just feel so dam sad!!!! Can't wait til this feeling goes away!

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
It is frustrating to see that some people can stop drinking soda and loose 10 pounds where others weigh and measure everything and only loose 1 pound. I still have 8 weeks left on my LAWL and I am doing ok with that not loosing as much as I should but I am doing the best I can. What I think has helped me the most is that I have really became very informed about foods in the past 11 weeks. I never new some fruits have a high carb content. I think what has helped me the most is realizing what I can and can not handle. I do best limiting my starches, I do best consuming my starches earlier in that day as well. This week i tried to add in some variety and did not loose much at all. I do better with lean proteins and green veggies with high fiber fruit and straches. I am going to try to stick with that this week as well as I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow.
hopefully with all this insight I will be able to continue to lose weight and keep it off.

Amy, way to go on figuring out what works best for your body. We're all individuals and there is no "one size fits all" solution. Sounds like you've also realized that weight loss isn't a quick sprint to the finish - it's a long term commitment to maintaining our health. You are definitely on the right track! :)

Repo girl
05-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey all, just checking in. We camped all weekend and had a great time!

Nicole- Sorry about DH's grandma. Have a safe trip!

Joan- It really does pass, but you are gonna need to take good care of yourself. Hugs coming your way!

JLem311
05-26-2009, 02:35 PM
:hug::hug::hug: to you joan!

BarbaraB
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Joan, good thinking on the TO. I've done them when I was sick or otherwise knew that I just was not going to want to eat anyway. It will seem empty and sad at your house for awhile, and if you are like me you will catch yourself checking on the dog or imagining you just saw him out of the corner of your eye for awhile.

Dan, I've used those Adele's chicken sausages also. They are not as salty as some. I've been rather disappointed on the salt content of many of the vegetarian and lower fat things offered at the store.

Nicole, So sorry to hear about DH Grandma. I always felt lucky to still have grandparents well into my adult years.

Kristin, I agree with whoever suggested the colored plans. I tried the numbered ones and just kept spiraling out of control on the starches. Of course if you've tried that already, then maybe give the south beach a shot. I take LAWL vacations every once in awhile... I'm doing a low carb thing for the next 6 weeks to see if I can't get looking thinner for my high school reunion, then I'll go back to the tried and true LAWL. So that is definitely a case of not caring if it all comes back the week after.... I'm going through fruit withdrawal though.

AmyM, I know that the center makes it seem like everyone is dropping at least 2 pounds a week, but I think that is their "ideal" and nowhere near what is the average. So don't let that subtle pressure get to you.... I know how it is that they tend to make everyone feel bad about themselves that the weight is not dropping off instantly, but it just doesn't work like that. Really and truly if you make this a lifestyle change, and stick with it for years, it won't matter all that much that it took you an extra couple of weeks to get to goal.

JLem311
05-26-2009, 10:53 PM
i wrote down everything i ate today. :) haven't done that since....hmm. i can't even remember.

dawnita
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I ate everything in sight this weekend -- dreading weighing in! But I got back on track yesterday, writing everything down and eating what I should be. It is hard when you have a houseful of company, and everyone is eating junk and drinking margaritas. I have no will power when it comes to margaritas...

Clanori
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Had a pretty good day yesterday.Took my daughter to get her permit.I don't think I will ever get to drive again when she is with me.LOL.I am going to do a TO starting Monday when everything quiets down around here.That will give me the weekend to get what I need.I think I will do it with the oranges and see how it goes.Hope everyone has a great OP day.

JerseyMadchen
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey guys!

Hope everything is going well for y'all. (I would get bonus points for that one... already talking like a Southerner!!)

I had my tennis class yesterday and it was AWESOME!! He made us do laps and stretches and such and I was hurting yesterday, but in a good way! I am looking forward to this class so much. I played in high school, so I know the techniques, scoring and etiquette, but I didn't tell anyone that...

I started back OP yesterday until DH called and asked me to meet him at Cici;s and it all went to heck! Those of you that have Cici's know exactly what I mean! I did have a large slalad and unsweetened tea, but at that point I don't think it mattered.

The good thing about life is that I woke up this morning and can start fresh!

I am going to start making my own iced coffees. In the summer I don't drink hot coffee as it's awfully hot and humid here, so I do the iced thing. Well, it's getting expensive! I was watching them at Starbucks yesterday (and Jillian help me out if I am wrong!) and they just mix cold coffee, flavored syrup and creamer. I can do that! I also got the plastic travel cup from there to make them in. I got the syrup from Target and will try it today!

Dinner is in the crockpot tonight as we have a stove but not an oven...

Well, sorry to ramble, off to class!!

JLem311
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
morning all.

amy--you're right about the iced coffee. just make sure you get sugar free syrup. :) i just add 1 packet of splenda to mine and a splash of soymilk (like a tablespoon.) but that's only if i'm drinking iced coffee. if i'm having hot coffee, i like it black.

so i journalled and got all my water in yesterday. :) yay me! i did realize that i'm definitely not eating enough--especially protein. so i made my spicy veggie lentil soup (a huge batch) so i've got that in the freezer. it's a great source of protein/veggies so that works for me. and i went and got almonds, egg beaters, string cheese, cottage cheese, natural peanut butter and tons of soy stuff, so now i have no excuse not to get all my protein in--well, except the that the baby is so demanding lately that i can barely put her down for a few mins to eat or get bottles/laundry washed, so i usually choose the chores. bad, i know. but it is what it is.
i'm conscious of how little i've been eating now and what i've been missing as far as protein, fruits, etc. so now i just need to make more of an effort.

anyways..gotta go for now. i'll try to check back later!

Hoochie
05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the hugs girls! I actually slept last night. I was exhausted....
I got home and had my healthy supper since I am doing TO, then I went for a long walk with my other dog. It was a quiet and relaxing night.
I am glad TO is only two days. Okay well I just thought I would check in.
mmmm iced coffee sounds really good, I need caffiene!!

Repo girl
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Now you girls have me thinking that I need to put on a pot of coffee to put in the fridge. I love iced coffee too!

Clanori
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
The iced coffee sounds fantastic.I am going to have to try it.I have sugar free caramel and vanilla syrup.Is any brand of soy milk better than the other.My daughters like the almond breeze milk.

JLem311
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
lori, I prefer silk lite vanilla.

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Back at work today. I put my dog dexter down yesterday. It was heart breaking. I still feel sick to my stomach. My son and I laid there with him while they gave him the injection. I didn't sleep last night. It's going to be a crappy day at work!!
I decided since I am down that I would do Take off today and tomorrow. My appetite is down anyways so I might as well take advantage of my circumstance.
I just feel so dam sad!!!! Can't wait til this feeling goes away!

Sorry you had to do this...I know it had to be an extremely hard decision. :hug:

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I ate everything in sight this weekend -- dreading weighing in! But I got back on track yesterday, writing everything down and eating what I should be. It is hard when you have a houseful of company, and everyone is eating junk and drinking margaritas. I have no will power when it comes to margaritas...

Can you count the margarita into your daily quotas.....for example, I would count 1 oz. of alcohol as a starch, the lime as a fruit, if it's got sweet and sour mix in it I'd also count it as a starch.....definitely not recommended to use your food exchanges this way, but I'm thinking more as a way of minimizing the damage.

WTG getting back on track right away - that's an extremely important thing to do! :)

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I also loved iced coffee....either just plain or with some low-fat milk. Can't have anything with soy or splenda in it....allergic to both.

Speaking of soy, wanted to share an interesting article I read about its effect on the thyroid (I've also read that soy has a negative impact on libido): http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htm I should say upfront that I do not put much faith in anything the FDA and the food industries tell us.....a case in point would be the heavy advertising we're seeing now that high fructose corn syrup is good for us. Right...sure it is. :( I think the closer we stay to foods in their natural forms (big fan of organic foods and my local farmers markets), the healthier we will be....but again, just my opinion.

I'm down another 2.6 pounds for a total of 8 pounds lost so far. Yay!!!

jewljz
05-27-2009, 05:23 PM
dawnita - uuuugghhhhhh Margaritas... I may give them up for life because I don't know what's worse, indulging in the mixes with tons of sugar or trying to make fresh one's that are pure liquor and lime juice and not knowing my limit... what to do...

Hi everyone else, I'm up from Memorial day but not changing the ticker until Friday.

JLem311
05-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I also loved iced coffee....either just plain or with some low-fat milk. Can't have anything with soy or splenda in it....allergic to both.

Speaking of soy, wanted to share an interesting article I read about its effect on the thyroid (I've also read that soy has a negative impact on libido): http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htm I should say upfront that I do not put much faith in anything the FDA and the food industries tell us.....a case in point would be the heavy advertising we're seeing now that high fructose corn syrup is good for us. Right...sure it is. :( I think the closer we stay to foods in their natural forms (big fan of organic foods and my local farmers markets), the healthier we will be....but again, just my opinion.

I'm down another 2.6 pounds for a total of 8 pounds lost so far. Yay!!!

interesting article about soy...since it's pretty much a good majority of my diet since i'm a vegetarian.

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
interesting article about soy...since it's pretty much a good majority of my diet since i'm a vegetarian.

I'm sure we can find arguments to support either side (pro-soy vs. anti-soy) so really I think it's just something to be aware of. I'm currently taking Armour for hypothyroidism and I can say that my thyroid problems did not come to light until AFTER I started LAWL and was eating a diet that was heavy in soy....but we are each different and your mileage may vary. On top of everything, I'm allergic to it (get horrible skin rashes when I consume soy) so I have extra incentive to stay away from soy. Probably the funniest thing to me (and not necessarily in a ha-ha sort of way) is that soy is touted as being simply great for peri-menopausal and menopausal women....well a common complaint for women in that age group is decreased libido and soy is something that is believed to make the problem worse. Same thing with weight gain being a common complaint for women in that age group.....if soy may inhibit our ability to lose weight, wouldn't increasing our intake seem to exacerbate the problem? Will be interesting to see what happens over the coming years as additional studies are undertaken.

JLem311
05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure we can find arguments to support either side (pro-soy vs. anti-soy) so really I think it's just something to be aware of. I'm currently taking Armour for hypothyroidism and I can say that my thyroid problems did not come to light until AFTER I started LAWL and was eating a diet that was heavy in soy....but we are each different and your mileage may vary. On top of everything, I'm allergic to it (get horrible skin rashes when I consume soy) so I have extra incentive to stay away from soy. Probably the funniest thing to me (and not necessarily in a ha-ha sort of way) is that soy is touted as being simply great for peri-menopausal and menopausal women....well a common complaint for women in that age group is decreased libido and soy is something that is believed to make the problem worse. Same thing with weight gain being a common complaint for women in that age group.....if soy may inhibit our ability to lose weight, wouldn't increasing our intake seem to exacerbate the problem? Will be interesting to see what happens over the coming years as additional studies are undertaken.

that would make me sooo sad to be allergic to soy! well, that and the fact that i'm lactose intolerant, so i love soy milk.
there's so many studies on soy and it's effects. i love reading each side. :)

JLem311
05-28-2009, 10:19 AM
good morning all. well, i managed to get my bathroom cleaned this morning already! yay! baby X let me put her down long enough to do it...which is good because it really needed to get done and my MIL is coming to visit this weekend and will be here tomorrow, so now i can cross that off my cleaning list. :)
and i managed to eat some yogurt and fiber one and have a bar and soy latte this morning already too! :) yay!

yesterday i had all 3 kids with me for the good part of the day because the daycare called former DH and said that DS was running a fever and said his ear hurt, so he had to go and get him and DD. and since former DH had galbladder surgery on tues he needed to rest, so i took the kids. and neither one napped and baby X was very needy and cranky too. so....needless to say it was quite the stressful day for me. but its over and a new one has begun. :)

and the weather is going to be in the 80s for the next few days and we're planning on having a picnic on saturday while MIL is here. the kids are super excited about that.

and i'm on day #3 of journaling. :)

ok, that's about it for me. hopefully i'll have a chance to check in later. hope everyone has a good day.

dawnita
05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Suzanne-- I SHOULD have counted the margaritas as SOMETHING, but I neglected to do so. What I should have done was just steer clear all together, but we live and learn. Up 1.1 pounds -- and I know why! Thanks for the cheers, though -- gives me more incentive to do better!:(

Clanori
05-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah it's the last day of school for my kiddos.We are all so ready for a break.That means the farmers markets will be open soon to and we love to go to those.Diet is going good I am not going to weigh myself until tomorrow.My daughter has her continuation ceremony from middle school tonight.Life is never dull when you have children.Hope everyone has a great OP day.All that talk about the iced coffee has brought on a new addiction for me.LOL.

Luckybustert
05-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah it's the last day of school for my kiddos.We are all so ready for a break.That means the farmers markets will be open soon to and we love to go to those.Diet is going good I am not going to weigh myself until tomorrow.My daughter has her continuation ceremony from middle school tonight.Life is never dull when you have children.Hope everyone has a great OP day.All that talk about the iced coffee has brought on a new addiction for me.LOL.

The farmers market closest to my house opens on June 9th and I can't wait. I think there's another one not too far away that's open this weekend so maybe I'll check that one out.

Good thing LAWL doesn't forbid coffee, eh? I was talking to someone recently about the Metabolic Research Program and she was telling about how she had to switch to decaf.....and oh my, what an EXPENSIVE program! To me taking my coffee would be bad enough, but my money TOO? :coffee:

Hoochie
05-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I love my non-fat lattes but lately I have been drinking americanos so I can have that extra dairy.I also agree that iced coffee would be an awesome new summer addiction....hehe
I lost 3 pounds on TO. It's probably the water weight but I'll take it. The last two nights I have gone for really long walks. It feels excellent. I guess grieving is making me think about my own health. It's time to take charge of my life again...
Have a good day everyone! It's almost the weekend, thank God!

Kristinx
05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Well I am back on track this week! Just working hard to stay on track....Started the 30 day challenge on the Wii Sports Active game last night. What a great workout! I feel the soreness! Now to get through today and have a good weigh in tommorrow!

Mama Nicole
05-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone :)

We are back, and my house is a wreck, my neck is cranked, and I am tired......but I am sure tomorrow will be a better day.

:hug: Joan. I know this is going to be a long week for you. Hang in there, and more power to you for doing a TO instead of stress eating :)

I only have a second, but I wanted to say, about the soy article.......everything in moderation........that is the dey to good health, I believe. When I tried to eat lots of soy when I first started LAWL, I got stomach aches and horrid skin break outs. I had eaten soy in the past......but not such large amounts. It seems that way with just about everything........they tell you to eat this or that cuz it is great for you........people take it to the extreme......and then two years later, the same food now makes you sick. So, I always read articles with much skepticism........and then remember what my nutrition porfessor says......"everything in moderation." Oh, and I didn't read the article yet.....but I have heard some of it on the news. I will read it later when I have a bit more time.

Well girls.....and Dan.....I am sorry I am not doing more personals...but I have to attempt to clean some part of my house today......or unpack a little bit. I will catch up soon :)
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
05-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey guys!

I went to my second tennis class this week today and I am feeling it! Aside from the sunburn, my body is aching! I am so out of shape! But it feels SOOOO good!

Well, off to take a nap and 2 aspirins!

Kristinx
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
3rd Wii Sports Active workout today! It's sooo great...sometimes it doesn't seem like exercise...then the sweat drips down my face and I remember LOL. Feels awesome!

Mama Nicole
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
good for you girls.........one day i will exercise, i swear it :)

Kristinx
05-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone! Is it just me or did this week seem really long!
So lost 1.8 lbs this week. I was hoping for more, but with a bad weekend and being on anitibiotics now for a snius infection I am happy enough with the result. I started the new workout routine this week and I know for me it usually takes a while with a new exercise to see results. I definitely feel better though!

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

JLem311
05-29-2009, 09:37 AM
morning all. gosh i'm sooo tired.
my MIL will be here late afternoon today and i still have a few things to get done, including a shower. hopefully i can get this accomplished.

be back later, maybe?

JLem311
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
btw kristin, you've motivated me to get my act together and get started on my elliptical next week! thanks girlie! keep up your workouts! :)

Mama Nicole
05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
have fun with MIL, Jillian. I am sure she will hold the baby for you once she gets there so you can take a shower. I hope she helps you like crazy so you can get a break :)
XOXO

JLem311
05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
nicole, i actually snuck in a shower quickly just a bit ago and even got some laundry going! yay!
and i made a huge mistake of trying on jeans again that actually fit me when i was 20lbs heavier than i am now and they still don't fit! ARRRRRGGGHH! WTF? i just don't get it. i know that your body changes with pregnancy, but c'mon man, i'm 20lbs less than when i first bought them!!! they should fit! it's really frustrating and makes me feel very very discouraged. and i've been journaling and eating on plan and have actually gained 2lbs. :(
i feel like a huge flappy flabby cow! i hate this.

and now as i type this she's waking up and starting to cry.
gotta go!
xoxo.

sweetandspicy
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Hope everyone is having a Fabulous Friday!! This has been a very long 4 day week. I hope this is not a sign of what summer is going to be like. I have 3 weeks until my vacation/staycation and I am excited to get to sleep in for a week straight. I plan to do some long walks morning and night to increase my exercise and my Aunt said we should come to her house to swim and fish at the lake that during the week it is pleasent because all the boats are not around. I wish we could go to the beach but oh well next year. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Jillian- Hope everything goes well with the MIL and just like Nicole said I sure hope she helps you out.
KristinX- great job with the wii fit i am hoping for one for my birthday
Amy- I am glad you are liking Tennis, I wish I could play but never quite figured it out
Lucky- i love farmers markets i bet you will find some great frutis and veggies
Nicole- I am sure things will settle down and get better soon it is always hard to come back home when you have to leave suddenly
Joan-I am so glad you are doing well, and way to go with TO and not stress eating

sweetandspicy
05-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Jillian- Honey you just had a baby, it is frustrating but you will start to loose. You have not been eating enough and the weight gain is probably because your body is holding on to every little morsel you are eating for fear of starvation. As for your jeans. Just think what your body went through, your uterus, kidneys everything had to adjust move around make room to take care of precious baby X, just give it some time let your body get back to normal and you will start seeing some loss.

Have a great weekend and take advantage of your MIL, take care of yourself a little bit..

JLem311
05-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Jillian- Honey you just had a baby, it is frustrating but you will start to loose. You have not been eating enough and the weight gain is probably because your body is holding on to every little morsel you are eating for fear of starvation. As for your jeans. Just think what your body went through, your uterus, kidneys everything had to adjust move around make room to take care of precious baby X, just give it some time let your body get back to normal and you will start seeing some loss.

Have a great weekend and take advantage of your MIL, take care of yourself a little bit..

thank you amy. your response makes me feel better. i appreciate your words. i know i'm being hard on myself and need to give it more time and just get back into my eating/workout routine. i'm going to focus on that instead of getting back into my old clothes. it's the best thing for me right now. thanks again for saying what you did. it helps.

lizababe
05-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Kristin - We just got a Wii and my upper arms hurt after just a couple hours of playing! LOL. I knew they were out of shape though since I'm all about walking and running but haven't done anything with the arms in years. I got Wii fit too but haven't had much time with it yet. Just long enough yesterday to do the balance test and I'm about to step on again today.

Kristinx
05-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Wii Fit is great too, just takes a little while of unlocking the activities to get to long enough durations that you break a sweat. The boxing is probably the best workout on there! And once you get tired of that there is EA Sports Active for the Wii! I love it! Don't even bother with the Jillian Michaels game though...it's just frustrating because the game doesn't pick up on your movements that well so you're doing it but your character is staying still...annoying!

Jillian - I hope you find some time to get on the elliptical! Just don't get frustrated if you can't do as much as you used to. Take it slow!

lizababe
05-29-2009, 12:38 PM
It's funny because I have never had a gaming system in my house because I didn't want my daughter and I to spend all of our time inside playing. Then I went and got this one so we could get some exercise while we're inside. We play a lot of board and card games together so I thought this was worthwhile.. we can get some exercise and some quality time together at the same time. Have you played Raving Rabbids? We had a little too much fun with that...

Kristinx
05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
No, I haven't played that game but my Stepson keeps telling me about it. I guess it's a pretty popular game

Hoochie
05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Nicole- Welcome back home, at least its the weekend. Don't do too much cleaning and laundry, enjoy "you" time!
Jillian- OMG you just had a baby, don't you worry about fitting into jeans yet, it will happen. Maybe give yourself a goal date to fit into them. You will look great soon, don't you worry!
Kristin- Way to go with the Wii. My kids want me to buy one but I am afraid that they will use it more than me....hehe Actually I have been walking outside after dinner everyday this week and it has been really good for me. I really enjoy the outdoors.
I am doing okay today. Last night I went after work and got a whole bunch of pictures of my Cocker Spaniel. I am putting an album together of memories. It's going to be awesome.
Well I am looking forward to the weekend. I am taking my son shopping tonight and tomorrow, I am going to plant all my outdoor pots. I just had a really nice wine rack built and I filled it with 14 new bottles of wine so I think I may do a little test tasing this weekend.....
Okay sorry to those I missed...Have a great weekend everyone!
I am so glad that I joined this board and have started getting to know some of you. The support is awesome!

Repo girl
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Liza- We have raving rabids. It is crazy!!

lizababe
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Liza- We have raving rabids. It is crazy!!

LOL I know! We play a strategy card game called "Killer Bunnies" so this fits right in with that. It's a great stress release to shoot those little suckers with plungers after a bad day at work.

JerseyMadchen
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
All this talk of the Wii makes me want to find it (still packed somewhere) and hook it up! DH and I are planning a night in tonight, and this wouldbe so fun.... I may go buy Raving Rabbits, it sounds like a blast!

runner101
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to LAWL and this site. I've been doing it for about 4 weeks and have lost a total of 7.5lbs. I'm looking for some people who are going through the same thing am I and are using the same plan. I also have a question...how much does alcohol affect your weight loss efforts?? I haven't had any in 4 weeks...but tonight we're going out for dinner at a fancy restaurant for my hubby's birthday and I was thinking of indulging in a glass or two of wine. But if it's going to kill my weight loss efforts for the week I'm willing to let it go.

deedeedee
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
HELLO. I am returning to the LAWL plan Monday, starting with a two day TO. I lost 115 with the plan initially and then had some problems with it, changed to another plan and have gained about half back. I have information I found here about the exchanges for the numbered plan but wondered if any information about the colored plans is posted somewhere and the size of each exchange..I need all the help I can get..I am so sad that LA has turned out to be such a rip off because it is the only thing that worked for me.

BarbaraB
05-29-2009, 07:22 PM
runner101, Sorry I don't know your name. The on plan rules for drinking are no more than 3 drinks for week and you count them in your exchanges. One light beer is one starch, one regular beer is two starches, and 1 fruit for each 3 oz of wine, so 2 fruits for your average glass of wine. You can have a wine spritzer for one fruit exchange. Some people find that they tend to retain water after drinking. I do think if you have only had one glass of wine or one light beer that you won't see this.... I had the occasional drink (singular and counted in the exchanges) and found I did just fine. It was when one drink became more and I went over on my exchanges that true diet havoc ensued.

Deedee, I'm sure that there are colored plan descriptions all over the place. Generally the protein servings are larger and the starches a bit more restrictive on the colored plans. I would think you would be on purple now?
But getting close to that switch to gold.... depending on how much exercise you get, as you might need to move up to Blue if you are getting more than 5 hours of exercise per week or have a job that burns a lot of calories. Where in oregon are you? I live in Tigard.

Amy no longer in Jersey, I love your profile picture. It is great that you are finding ways to be active that you like.

Jillian, just give your body a bit more time to snap back. It is obvious if your weight is down it is just a matter of everything moving back into the place it supposed to be. You had surgery too, so that probably is going to make it a bit slower of a recovery.

deedeedee
05-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Barb..I live in Beaverton; wonder if both went to the Washington Square center? Thanks for the help. I have been doing WW for a while and am now so confused and cannot even remember what I ate for breakfast on LAWL. From the posts I read weight loss is faster with the color plans as compared to numbers? Is that accurate?

BarbaraB
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Deedeedee, I did go to the Washington Square Center. I think for me, I do better on the colored plans because if I start eating as many starches as you get on the numbered ones, I fall off from plan. Many people do fine on the numbered plans though, as I'm sure if you stick with that you will lose. They are closer to the food pyramid. The colored plans are more restrictive on the starches.

Luckybustert
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Barb..I live in Beaverton; wonder if both went to the Washington Square center? Thanks for the help. I have been doing WW for a while and am now so confused and cannot even remember what I ate for breakfast on LAWL. From the posts I read weight loss is faster with the color plans as compared to numbers? Is that accurate?

Definitely was that way for me and my hubby.....we both went from losing weight on the colored plans to no weight loss whatsoever on the numbered ones.....we were so frustrated and angry about the change to the numbered plans because one of the reasons we chose LAWL was because it didn't allow a lot of starches. Anyway, I'm back to doing the red plan now.

BTW I'm in Oregon too....Hillsboro area. :)

lizababe
05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
All this talk of the Wii makes me want to find it (still packed somewhere) and hook it up! DH and I are planning a night in tonight, and this wouldbe so fun.... I may go buy Raving Rabbits, it sounds like a blast!

Did you unpack it yet? I feel like such a wuss but I can't believe how sore my arms are. LOL. That's a good thing right?

JerseyMadchen
05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey guys...

Liza- I am going to try to get DH to hook it up tonight... but you're not a wuss.. when I play my arms hurt too, especially with boxing and baseball!

Just gotback from spending the weekend with my sister in law and family. It was fun! (And nature's best birth control!!) Bad weekend for plan, but will be back OP tomorrow!

Have a great night guys!

aprilmarty
06-14-2009, 03:28 PM
does anyone have plan 4 for lawl i need to knw what to have on the plan 4