100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning 25 - 31 May

nicolen
05-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Hey lovelies!

Well, today was average. I heard about the job and it's not good news - not going any further. When I heard, I wasn't happy, but now - well, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe another time. I'm happy enough where I am, and there are apparently a couple of opportunities coming up at work which could be promising for me. So, I'm disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. I've got a job that is always interesting and mostly satisfying and I'm in no danger of losing it, so that puts me in a better place than a lot of other people.

Work was busy - the storms over the weekend meant lots of claims coming in. I'm always amazed by people in the first few days of snow - one guy I lodged a motor vehicle claim for made the comment that he saw the snow, but didn't realise there was ice under the snow. Seriously, what was he expecting?

Gym was good, food not so good. I bought takeaway for dinner and told myself I'd get subway - right up to the time when I walked past subway and into the fish and chip shop next door. It's done, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it, but I will keep a close eye on what I eat for the next few days.

Jab, that's no good at all. Stress eating is one of my downfalls as well, and it sounds like you did well NOT to stress eat. Take care!

MJ, I'm thrilled the wedding went well. Yay for being back on track!

So, that was Monday. Have fun everyone!

jab91864
05-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Nicolen ~ sorry to hear things didn't go the way you originally wanted with the job. I know how troubling that can be and sometimes we just have to keep reminding ourselves of what we do have to get thru the disappointments. Sounds like you have it figured out and that is good.

Sunday 5/24, 2009

Fresh egg omelet w / Morningstar crumbles, mushrooms, tomatoes
Water

1-forkful (bite) hashbrown potatoes

Triscuits
cheese
Water

Grilled skinless turkey breast
Bean and tomato salad
6oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Banana
Sf lemonade

Triscuits
Sf peach tea
water

Well I ate too many triscuits for the day, but it's better than it could have been !!!

I had driven everyone to the dairy queen for an ice cream treat after I grilled steaks for dinner. That was after I made bacon and hash browns for breakfast...lol. I must be a sucker for punishment or something.

Anyway my final straw came last night while watching a movie. My son was sitting next to me eating cheddar cheese potato chips and I really really wanted some. I could feel myself growing weak, so I dug out my box of triscuits and some crystal light and it got me thru.

Slashnl
05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I've been having a really fun weekend. But, I have not been to the gym all weekend. I should have gone, but we've been doing a lot and I've been sleeping in. I'll have to get back at it tomorrow morning.

We have a big baseball tournament for the Junior College World Series and there are teams from all over the country here. Just a fun time to watch a lot of baseball. I will get back on track again!

Nicolen - Sorry to hear about the job. But, you're attitude is good, something else will come along. It just wasn't meant to be.

Jab - Triscuits are much better than what you could have done!! Good for you!

mj5
05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Good Morning! I just came back from our town's parade and my brother's speech. He did an great job. It was really moving. I was standing w/ his kids and he started talking about the sacrifices of families when soldiers are deployed, they started to fidget a bit (they know he will be deployed again), I started to choke up....anyway, it was a great speech. Our dad would have been proud.

nicolen--Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted about the job. Sounds like you are looking at things in a positive way. Exactly, it's done...no need to feel guilty.

jab--you are so strong!!! I would say some extra triscuits are not bad at all!!

Diane--I'm back at it (exercise wise) tomorrow too...gym clothes are already packed!

CC--So good to see you back around here. The meal delivery plan sounds like a good idea. I know my portion control is way out of whack...especailly if I am eating 'healthy'...too much good stuff, is still too much!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Schmoodle--Hi!!!

I just had a nice healthy bowl of fresh fruit (yum!). Now I need to finish up a few things around here (some laundry, pay bills...fun stuff!!!) Then I am going to find a movie and chill w/ the dogs!

Oh, I have to put a picture on here of them lounging on the king size bed at the hotel....they were SO funny there!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

CLCSC145
05-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone! Nothing much to report here. No big plans for the holiday, though that means it's time to clean up my house. Maybe I'll go to the garden center and get some new flowers for my window box. It's empty except for a few shriveled brown stems. Hardly a fitting tribute next to my flag that I put out this morning.

I treated myself last night to a child size fat free chocolate yogurt cone. I felt a little embarrassed asking for the "child size" considering I'm the size of many, many children, but honestly it was big. All I could think was, this is what's wrong with portions today! It should have been called a large. And a child size should be something that, oh I don't know, a "child" could hold in their little hands! Regardless, though, it was a nice treat and I enjoyed every minute. No guilt, no damage done. I didn't get in exercise, so I definitely need to do that today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

nicolen
05-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Oh my goodness, today was an exercise in frustration. One of our servers at work was down for the whole day - no access to external email and no access to our shared drive which has all our documents on it. The technical people say that it will fix itself overnight, but I've got a list of things that need doing before I get anything else done tomorrow. Don'tcha just love technology. On the plus side, they're replacing our coffee machine tomorrow so that's got to be good.

The gym went OK. I don't think it was a spectacularly good workout, but at least it wasn't a spectacularly bad workout, either. That's something at least. I'm a bit sore - I nearly tripped up yesterday while doing step ups and have a nice bruise across my calf. Style and grace - not found here!

Jab, I'm not entirely sure what triscuits are (some sort of cracker?), but they've got to be better than ice cream, so well done you!

Diane, don't beat yourself up - we're allowed a break every now and then. As long as it's only a *short* break!

MJ, sounds like your brother did a fantastic job. You've got to feel for those kids of his, though.

CC, nothing wrong with that! Ice cream isn't something that I buy because I really don't eat it that often, but on the very odd occasion that I want an ice cream, I go and order one scoop in a cup, rather than a cone.

Beverly, Schmoodle, Rhonda, everyone else, hi! How are you all doing?

Take care all.

mj5
05-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Good Morning everyone! I could get used to these long weekends! Of course, today is probably going to be super hectic, but that's ok....it will be worth it!

CC--Wanna come clean my house??? As the sun was streaming through the windows yesterday I realized how dusty it is! Oh well, I'll get to it this weekend. Did yo uget some flowers? Sounds like a great treat for yourself! I always order the 'baby cone' at our local ice cream place.

nicolen--How frustrating!!! Technology is great, until it malfunctions!!! Oh no, glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly yesterday! I know, it is so hard on his kids when he is deployed. He is in communications, so he always has e-mail access and sometimes a phone, but it is so hard on them.

Hi to everyone else! Pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

I have a nice healthy lunch packed. My gym clothes are ready to go. Ahhh, it feels good to get back into a routine!

jab91864
05-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Monday 5/25/09

4 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Banana
Water

Grilled skinless grouse breast
Bean and tomato salad
Cottage cheese
Water

Lf yogurt
Spoonful muesli
craisins
water

3 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Happy with my food intake yesterday and went for a nice long walk. Back to work today...ughh

Nicolen ~ Triscuits are a baked whole grain wheat cracker. They help me with my fiber intake and I can keep them in my locker at work.

Sounds as if everyone had a great holiday weekend !!! Frozen yogurt sounds good !!

Have a good day !

Schmoodle
05-26-2009, 09:27 AM
It's hard to get back to it after such a perfect weekend - 4 days off, a little work, a little playing, time with friends and family, and gorgeous weather - what more could a weekend want? Today is cold, windy, and wet, so maybe that will help me focus on work.
Here's my plan for the day:
B: scrambled eggs and salsa, coffee with milk
S: virgin Mary, 3 bean salad
L: grilled turkey breast over salad
S: skim latte, raw cauli with hummus
D: something with lean ground beef but I'm waiting for inspiration to hit???
S: South Beach peanut butter cup

i already took my walk, in the rain, brrr. sweatshirt weather again!
jab, I've never had grouse - taste like chicken?
Have a great day mj, Diane, CLSC,
sorry about the job nicole.
Hey to Rhonda, Beverly, cfmama!
Have a good one chicks!

Slashnl
05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Yep, back at it this morning. I wanted to sleep in, but I made it to the gym. Had a pretty good workout, but I felt a little sluggish. But, tomorrow should be better. I missed going over the weekend! But, the baseball games were so much fun. We'll have games all this week, too, so we'll hit the night games. I've avoided the Navajo tacos, though, so I'm doing well! Ha!

Schmoodle: Maybe we're sending our soggy, cool weather your way. It rained a lot here this weekend.

MJ: I'm with you. As much fun as the weekend was, it is good to get back into a routine. I can really make excuses not to be on plan when there are weekends like this one.

Nicolen: It's amazing how tied we are to our technology. It kills us when something goes down here. Good news about the coffee maker, though!

CC: Yum. Frozen yogurt. It is amazing though how large portions are now. You chose well!

Jab: Are you raising your own grouse? Did you get it hunting? I absolutely love grouse!

Rhonda: We need to hear from you!! Please check in!

Beverly: Hope you had a good weekend!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Friends. I've been lurking, but not posting. I've fallen off the wagon and not made my way back on yet.

CC- It is so good to see you back here. Congratulations on your two new fur babies.
Nicolen - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job you wanted.

I've begun to re-structure things around here with my home and my family. This past weekend, I began de-cluttering, budget planning, looking into church's, spending more time with the kids and the husband and journaling. The stress and emotions have been getting the best of me lately and the food has been my comfort. I'm hoping to turn this around this time.

CLCSC145
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Rhonda, I wish there was something we could do to help! In the moment it's so hard to see that the comfort of food is really short lived - literally minutes. So to prolong that feeling we just keep eating and eating, making our stress so much worse in the long run when we wake up and see that we've undone all that we worked so hard for. It's not worth it. But that's a truth we're shielded from in the moment by the very comfort that is biting us in the a$$. Come out of lurking and post about how you are feeling - it doesn't have to be just the rosy "I'm on plan" stuff.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I'm sure you don't remember, but I was seriously doctorphobic for nearly 20 years. I just never went. I think a lot of it was a fear of having a health professional yell at me for not taking care of myself. And a fear of what problems I could have that I just didn't know about.

Much like avoiding the scale, just because it's not official doesn't mean it isn't happening. Well, I finally worked up the nerve to go. I was so nervous that my blood pressure looked like I just ran a marathon and I totally cried like a baby for no reason. She gave me a prescription for Xanax for next time. Tomorrow, I'm glad that she'll see I've lost more than 20 pounds! I'll also find out if I'm pre-diabetic and if I have fatty liver disease, from the results of my 3 hour glucose test and a liver ultrasound. Both things were such a wake up call for me that this isn't just about being fat, it's about the havoc it wreaks on your health. By avoiding the doctor all those years, I was able to convince myself that I was immune from the health problems. But I'm not. Thankfully if I do have either of them, they can be reversed by what I've already begun.

I hope everyone has a good day!!

mj5
05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone! I went to the gym tonight! Wow, it's been a while since I have been able to say that! I did 30 mins of cardio. Tomorrow I will do cardio and weights--upper body.

jab--I may have to get some blueberry/pomegranate juice! I keep seeing it in your menu and it loos really good!

Schmoodle--I know...so hard to get back into the groove after 4 days off!

Diane--Great job getting to the gym! I went today too! YIPPEE!

Rhonda--Glad to see you. One thing at a time. Sounds like you are on the right track!!!! I need to de-clutter around here, hopefully starting this weekend!

CC--Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. Good for you for taking charge of your health! CONGRATS on the 20lb loss!!! That's awesome!

Have a great OP evening!

nicolen
05-27-2009, 03:04 AM
You know how every now and then you have one of those weeks when everything goes wrong? I'm having one of those weeks this week. I just about got hit by a car tonight! A bit of background, I live on a small side street that runs between 2 major arterial roads. The bus drops me off on the wrong side of the arterial road, so I walk down to the corner and wait for the lights. I don't try and cross that road without the lights because it's rush hour and drivers in this city are lunatics. And it's also getting dark early and I have a black jacket, so I'm not the most visible thing around. So I get the little green man and start crossing the road, and a car decides to jump the lights and misses me by about a foot. I think I should just stay in bed and pull the covers over my head for the rest of the week - but with the way my week's going, the ceiling will probably fall on me!

But apart from that, it wasn't a bad day. All systems up and running today at work, and things are relatively quiet. Long may it continue. Tomorrow - gym, work, home. I lead such a thrilling life! ;)

MJ, go you for getting to the gym! Brilliant stuff!

Jab, your menus always sound so yummy!

Schmoodle, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Diane, isn't it strange how you miss the gym when you don't go?

Rhonda, fantastic to see you! You'll be back on track before you know it!

CC, good luck with the doctor tomorrow.

Right, tomorrow is going to be a good day. Nothing is going to go wrong.

mj5
05-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Good Morning!!! I am up way, way too early...could make for a long day!

nicolen--Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are ok! I read your post fast the first time and thought you said you did get hit! People need to slow down!!! I hate weeks like that...hang in there, it's almost the weekend.

So, my knee hurts (surprise, surprise), but I am still going to the gym as planned. Can't let that get in my way! I am back using the calendar/sticker plan for myself--I keep saying it, but haven't pulled it out 'officially'. Well, I am just about to put a sticker down for yesterday. Yippee!

Have a great OP day everyone! I need coffee...........................

jab91864
05-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Mornin everyone. Looks to be a rainy day.. we need it as it is very dry out. Not to mention if the weather is on the bleak side I don't feel as if I am missing anything spending all day at work...lol.

The grouse was the last left over from hunting season. Very much like chicken in my opinion.

The juice is good. At first I was skeptical as it looks very thick, and dark. It just needs a good shake as it tends to settle on the bottom. I am trying to push foods on the super foods list so I have tried several different brands.

I like several of the Bolthouse Farms drinks including their blueberry goodness. I live in a rural area and it's not always available for me to buy. Last time I shopped the Bolthouse section was near empty so I bought two different brands of juice.
I can't remember what the one brand was. It was ok, but I didn't think as good. I also bought Minute Made 100% juice blend Pomegranate and Blueberry. It tastes good and passed the taste test with the kids.

Tuesday 5/26/09

Scrambled eggs w/ sliver of ham diced in
Water

Triscuits
Water

Diet coke
Sm chunk of cheese

1/2 grilled skinless chicken breast
Mixed veggies (asian medley steamed)
Cottage cheese
4 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

1 slice 9-grain bread w/peanut butter
Water

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Nicolen, I hope your week does improve greatly !!!

Slashnl
05-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Had a good workout today. I'm back on my schedule and that's good. We're still going to the baseball games at night, so I have to really watch the food choices there. But, I'm feeling better about being back in my routine.

MJ: It is tough when you wake up too early. Makes for a long day! So, how do you earn your stickers?

Nicolen: Be very careful out there! Sounds like you've been having quite the run of bad luck! Stay safe!

CC: Did you hear back from the doctor yet? Hope everything is good.

Rhonda: I'm glad you posted. I agree that you should just post and chat with us. If you're in a funk right now, that's understandable. But maybe if you keep chatting, it will help. Do it for me! Ha! I miss you!

CLCSC145
05-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi friends!

I went to the doctor this morning and it was a good visit! First off, I weighed 20 pounds less than the last visit 2 months ago. Then we went over my test results. I'm NOT pre-diabetic or diabetic!! :carrot: My 3 hour glucose test was completely normal. Yay! As for my liver, that has moderate fat deposits that leads to liver damage. Bummer. The only way to fix that is to lose weight - at least I've already started that! She was really supportive and happy about the weight loss. My blood pressure is always sky high in there, so I do have signs of high blood pressure, but she is reluctant to put me on meds since I'm working on my weight. Even more incentive to keep going! She did give me birth control pills to regulate my TOM and spironolactone to help with some symptoms of PCOS that she is fairly certain I have. So all in all, a good day. I go back on September 1 for a well woman's exam (argh.) and I am looking forward to more good weight loss for then. It's a new mini-goal...

I hope everyone else is doing well! Rhonda, come out and play with us, even if you are struggling...

nicolen
05-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Good news - nohing horrible happened to me today! I think I'll survive another day out from under the bed covers tomorrow. Yay for Friday and long weekends.

Anyway, today was an OK day for me. I ended up doing half the day on the supervisor line, which is always interesting. One of our newbies got the worst possible call - this guy really had a go at her and she ended up in tears. I kind of took the initiative, logged her off the phones and found a quiet room for a few minutes. She was just so sure she was going to get fired - she did very little wrong, so she's safe. Just a nasty caller. I don't understand people like that at all.

Gym today was OK. I don't know - I just feel like I'm struggling a bit this week. It has been a difficult week and I'm PMSing like mad, but even so it's a bit of a battle to do anything. Maybe the long weekend will recharge my batteries a bit.

MJ, go you with the sticker chart? What's your reward going to be?

Jab, hope your weather improves.

Diane, being in a routine is fantastic

CC, yay for no diabetes! Awesome!

Anyway, yummy trainer tomorrow, so eye candy during the workout! And this really odd flirty thing we've got going at the moment. Hmm....

Have fun everyone.

mj5
05-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday ended up being "one of THOSE days"...it started w/ a landlord leaving me a message saying to call IMMEDIATELY--that's NEVER a good sign! So, needless to say, I worked on one incident for 7 1/2 hours yesterday!!!! This morning I have to re-read my reports to make sure they make sense...after so little sleep, I'm not sure they do! LOL!

Accountability time--I was running about 1 1/2 hours late from work yesterday, so I did not make it to the gym. I did have LOTS of up and down the stairs, but I'm not counting that as exercise for yesterday--good to be moving like that, but not a "real" workout, so no sticker for yesterday. Oh well, that's ok! I'll get there today!

jab--It's been rainy here the past couple of days too. I agree..if it's rainy, it's easier to be at work!

Diane--Yea for routines! My dh would LOVE to be at your house!!! He eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball!!! I like to go to games, but it has taken me a while to get "into" watching them on tv. We go to Cooperstown every year for the HOF Inductions. I have set up a reward plan for myself (borrowed from part of other 3fc ideas). If I: eat breakfast (something I always struggle to remember to do, make healthy food choices, meet my water goal, and exercise then I get a sticker on my calendar for that day. Sunday is a "free" day for exercise...I can certainly do it if I want, but I can still earn a sticker if I don't. I choose a reward in advance and as soon as I accumulate 14 stickers (don't have to be consecutive days), then I 'earn' my reward. The rewards are small things--right now it's a shirt I bought on clearance, but other things I have "earned" have been a new eyeshadow, nailpolish, stuff like that. I find it helpful to have the reward item here so I can see it, BUT I can't use it unti I 'earn' it.

Rhonda--I totally agree w/ Diane! Just keep chatting w/ us. We miss you.

CC--That is fantastic news!!! Like I said before, good for you for taking charge of your health!

nicolen--YIPPEE for a 'safe' day for you!! LOL! That is so nice of you to help out that new employee. I don't understand how people can get so nasty like that either. Have fun w/ that trainer!! I'm still working toward a shirt I found on clearance--it's a really pretty light lavender color. I can't wait to wear it!!!

Schmoodle, Beverlyjoy, and anyone else who stops in--Hi!!! Pop in and let us know how you are doing.

I am really glad we are getting close to the weekend. No major plans, but dh is off on Saturday...not sure how that happened, but I am really happy! We really need to get to the recycling center--I could certainly go by myself, but it's one of those chores I really dislike doing and it's easier w/ two people, so we'll get that done and maybe go to some yard sales.

Have a great OP day everyone!

jab91864
05-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Wed 5/27/09

Burrito ((1-spoon beef taco meat , chickpeas, fava beans, tomatoes, corn, chili pwdr, hot sauce, cottage cheese wrapped in a tortilla))
Water

Triscuits
Banana
Water

Tuna & tomato wrap (whole grain tortilla)
Apple
4 oz Green Goddess juice (veg/fruit by bolthouse)
Water

Lf yogurt

Slice of grilled pork loin (small)
water

I found myself very hungry most of the day yesterday. Not craving anything in particular just hungry. I made the burrito for breakfast because I went to bed thinking about it and woke up thinking about it...lol. Next time I will use the Morningstar crumbles in place of meat, but chose to use the leftover meat to help get rid of it. I used 1 spoon of meat to 5 spoons of the bean mix. I have a friend who did Nutrisystem last yr and his favorite meal was the fajita and that is what got me thinking about the burrito in the first place.

I did find that having something spicy in the morning increased my water intake considerably throughout the morning and since I drink a lot of water as it is I was surprised how much more I chugged.

Hope everyone has a good day !!!

Schmoodle
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi chicks,
Monday was not so good. I got into the granola bars. Amazon had a big Kashi sale, so I ordered a bunch for the kids' lunches. Thought it'd be safe if I kept them in the basement. Bad idea. I feel like I've been pre-menstrual for about a week now, so ready for that to be over!
But yesterday was good. Even though I didn't post a menu here, I stayed on plan:
B: scrambled eggs with salsa, coffee with milk
S: handful of peanuts, a few grapes
L: white bean soup, green salad with Goddess dressing, NSA fudgesicle
S: raw cauli with hummus, skim NSA hot cocoa
D: tiny bit of ww pasta, green salad with vinaigrette, turkey breast
S: Fat-free Greek yogurt with a drizzle of agave nectar and a few toasted almonds
A bit short on the veggies, but nothing bad in there, so I'm calling it a success!
I'm thinking I need to throw calorie counting back in for a bit. I dread it though, so much work!
Today, things are getting short around here = pre-shopping cleanoutthefridge time. Guess I'll have:
B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with skim milk
S: carrots and hummus
L: refried beans, salsa and lowfat cheese, cole slaw
S: skim latte, cheese stick, a few grapes
D: something chicken breast and veggies
S: the yogurt again

Not a good week so far, I'm pretty blah and non-productive, which makes me depressed and want to eat. PMS, icky weather, and still thinking about my long weekend. It should clear up some today, so I'll get a walk in to help with my attitude. Tonight DD2 has recital dress rehearsal, so that'll eat up the entire evening.
Okay, I've blabbed on enough about myself that I really have to go get dressed and ready to take DD to school now. For now, hello to all, and have a great day or evening, as the case may be!

Jennelle
05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi all...not sure how this accountability thread works, but I sure need some accountability! :lol:

My "week" runs from Thursday-Wednesday because my weigh-in day is Thursday. Hence, today was weigh-in and I had a gain for the second week in a row, which is nobody's fault but my own. They were small gains (0.8 lb last week and 0.4 this week), but small gains are what got me into this pants size!

My issue has been with snacking. In the past, I've done a good job of planning my evening meals so that I have enough flex points (I'm on WW) to spend on small snacks during the week. The last two weeks, however, I've not done a good job of planning those evening weekend meals especially and I've ended up using all of my flex points by Sunday night, then I eat the snacks anyway!

Another issue is exercise. I just finished the school year (I'm a teacher) and about 90% of my work day is spent on my feet. Now that school is out for the summer (hallelujah!), I will find myself much more sedentary. I have a membership to a 24-hour gym AND live in a walker-friendly neighborhood with miles and miles of sidewalks, so I have no excuse for not exercising.

So - all that to say here are my three accountability points for the week:
1. I will plan my evening meals daily.
2. I will stay within my points allowance.
3. I will exercise with hubby in the afternoons as soon as he gets off work. If he's not willing to go, I'll go by myself!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Welcome, Jennelle! The accountability thread works any way you'd like it to. For some, posting menus or just talking about your challenges and successes helps to keep one on track.

Physically and mentally, I am just not feeling 100%. My teen daughter has been putting us through some parenting challenges lately. Also, I've been having some....ah...digestion issues. I'm considering investing in a good probiotic to help get me back in line. This weekend, I will be sitting down to plan the week's menus and getting back on the treadmill. I'm starting to feel like I can tackle this weight loss demon again.

Have a great day.

Slashnl
05-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Made it to the gym this morning, which was tough after last night's late baseball game. I'll be dragging around today. I shouldn't go to the games when I have to work the next day, but they only come once a year, so I push it! Tonight's game should be good, both of my favorite teams this year are in it, so I'm not sure who I'll cheer for. Maybe both! I had a barbecue pork sandwich last night. I had lots of room for calories, so I stayed on plan. I need to find something else though, it really didn't set well with me. I should just grab something from home. Oh... that would take planning and effort. Hmm.

Jennelle: Everyone uses this thread in a different way. I mainly post about going to the gym and staying on plan with my food. As you can see, some will post their menu for the day. And, lots of encouragement and chatter happens here. Glad you decided to post!

Schmoodle: Hang tough and just try to make it through the blah times. I know how that is, and it can be frustrating. You've done so well, you'll make it!

MJ: Well, the stickers sound like a fun thing to do. As for your accountability, now you can move on and get back to exercising. You can do it!

Nicolen: Have fun with yummy trainer. That's got to be a fun thing, being all flirty and such! Tell us all about it because we have to live vicariously through you!!

CC: You have some great reasons for losing weight. I'm glad that you have good news from the doctor!

Jab: Mmmm. Sounds like a good burrito!

Hi to Beverly, Rhonda, and Lixxi

nicolen
05-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Yay Friday night! I'm going to forgo my glass of wine this week - I haven't had a fantastic week food-wise, and I'm also PMSing so it'd be far to easy to have one glass of wine, then another and maybe even another...

I was so determined to stay on track today, but the girl I helped yesterday bought in home baking as a thank you for me. I'm a little bit uncomfortable about it - I was only doing my job. Anyway, I had to try it since she wanted to know what I thought - it was yummy. But it did get left at work, and I told one of the boys in my team to take it home, so it won't be there on Tuesday.

So, yummy trainer, since Diane's living vicariously through me! ;) Not sure why - my life is very boring! There was a wee bit of flirting - not as much as last week. I got him talking a bit about his life outside the gym. Not that there seems much of that - it's really all gym, gym, gym with him. And I still haven't figured out whether there's a girlfriend or not. I'm not making any kind of move till I know the answer to that one. Here's (http://www.pro-fitness.co.nz/index.cfm/team_pages/rbt/eden_potroz.html) a link to his profile, so you can see what I get to see...

MJ, sorry about your messy day! There's always tomorrow to go to the gym.

Jab, isn't it odd how sometimes that happens -we're hungry and there's no reason for it, I mean.

Schmoodle, hope you get over the blahs soon.

Jennelle, welcome! Know what you mean about the snacking - that's one of my downfalls as well.

Rhonda, lots and lots of :hug: for you, my love! Things will start looking up soon!

Diane, yay for making it to the gym.

So tomorrow, the plan is to get to the Spin class at 8:30 am and then - well, I'll figure things out from there. There is a class at 9:30 as well, but I've heard that the instructor for that class is the worst/hardest instructor at the gym, so I might give that one a miss.

Have a fun-filled Friday, guys!

jab91864
05-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Wow, reading the posts it sounds like it's been a rough week for a few of you. I hope with the weekend coming things start to change up and head into a more positive light.

I for one am looking forward to the weekend. I plan to work in my garden. I have put off planting because the nights are so cold but we're starting to see upper 40's at night so it's time.

I'm also behind on my "spring" cleaning. But the last 8 mos has seen my two oldest children moving back home for financial reasons and boy is it crowded here!! My oldest moved back out last week and took a job in another state but left most of her things here. I've got boxes stacked willy nilly everywhere it seems and renovation supplies for my kitchen (thats a whole other gripe) stacked up as well. So some days I think I need blinders just to come home and face it all....lol.

I was hungry , hungry again when I got home yesterday.

Thurs, 5/28/09

muesli w/ almond milk
craisins
water

Triscuits
Banana
Water

Diet coke

Cottage cheese
4 oz Green Goddess juice (veg/fruit by bolthouse)
Water

Apple
Water

Morningstar burger w/taco sauce
4 oz blueberry & pomegranate juice

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone! Just a quickie post from me...trying to play catch-up today....my knee is super-duper sore. Ugh. REALLY sick of this. This will be a pain med day, for sure. That's ok, though, that's what they are for!

Have a great OP day!

Schmoodle
05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey chicks, yesterday was ... not good but not terrible. I'm TOM and had a really hungry day, so I ate 1900 calories, but all on-plan foods. I did get my walk in, and I've walked already this morning. Today's plan:

B: 2 eggs scrambled with salsa and chopped broccoli, coffee with skim milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: black beans, salsa, chicken breast, broccoli, mixed, with lowfat cheese melted on top, NSA pudding cup for dessert
S: skim latte, carrots with hummus
D: BBQ chicken pita pizza, salad with vinaigrette
S: nonfat Greek yogurt with slivered almonds and agave nectar.
I'm shooting for 13 - 1400 calories over the next couple of days to balance things out.

I hear you jab, DD1 just moved out but left all her crap behind for me to deal with. My house is constantly in renovation, and right now it's also really in need of a good spring clean and driving me crazy.
mj, sorry your knee is giving you so much trouble.
nicole, good luck with yummy trainer.
welcome jennelle!
Rhonda, parenting stuff is the most stressful. Nothing makes me want to eat more that a stressful conversation with DD. Hang tough, chick, we know it doesn't help.
CLCSC, congrats on the good results at the doctor's. That's a major NSV!

Should be a busy weekend. I've got a mountain of laundry to catch up from the crappy weather this week (I line dry). The house is a mess. Tomorrow will be shopping, errands, cleaning, running kids, and DS and I volunteered to pack meals for Hunger Outreach at his school for 2 hours. Sunday, DH wants to go look at a beach house, and I really really want to get out of it. It's 3.5 hours away and will mean spending all of Sunday in a car and crossing the Bay Bridge which always gives me a panic attack.
Hope your weekend looks more fun than mine!

CLCSC145
05-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi All!

Well it was a grey and misty day here on the CA coast. Brrr! I have to say I loved it - sunny and warm gets really old after a while. The downside was all I wanted to do was nap. Food went well today. I also got my hair cut and colored, my monthly chore due to early grays! I am trying to work up the energy to exercise. I need to just do it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm planting some new succulents I bought in a window box (hoping they survive longer in the warm sun than annuals), painting some sample paint colors on the walls, doing some organizing, reading a bit, and walking, walking, walking...

jab91864
05-30-2009, 06:52 AM
I could have done better yesterday food wise. But I could have done much worse.... I'm trying to keep it in perspective I guess.

Friday 5/29/09

Mushroom & veg omelet
Water

Apple
Water

Ham & cheese sandwich 9-grain bread w/mayo
Banana
Water

Grilled skinless chicken breast (half)
Broccoli
Carrots
Mushrooms
Cottage cheese
Purple carrot juice

It's only 36* so I guess I won't be planting my veggie garden after all. Will force myself to wait another week I think to be safe.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
05-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday wasn't so great w/ food. It could have been worse, but it could have been much, much better. Today WILL be better. My knee is, well...it's ok. I am going to give it a 'rest day' today, then back at it (the gym, that is) tomorrow!

Jennelle--Wlecome!

Rhonda--So sorry to hear that your teen daughter has been making things rought for you. Sounds like you are getting yourself back on track.

nicolen--He IS yummy...

jab--Wow, sounds crowded at your house...yea, all of that 'stuff' would make me not want to come home to face it LOL!!!

Schmoodle--How was your busy weekend?

CC--Sound slike a fun weekend...I know what you mean about wanting to nap...it was kind of grey and rainy here and I did doze off for a little while. I didn't mean to, but I had to warm, snuggly dogs on my lap, a nice cool breeze, a nice warm blanket....next thing I know dh was waking me up asking about dinner! Oops!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you????

jab91864
05-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Well I went yesterday and had my hair done. I had cut my ponytail off (my hair was half way across my butt so it was pretty long) and went to the salon to have it helped the rest of the way. The girls at the salon know me and were shocked to see I had whacked off my hair. I told her I wanted something fresh and fun and do what she wanted...lol. For a couple minutes she looked afraid but then I pointed out the hardest part was done...lol.

I ended up with a razor cut just below my chin, layered in back and steaked in highlights and low lights as well. I looked pretty good when I left the salon...lol they had styled it curling it and I won't spend that much time on it daily so it will be much more flat and shaggy on a daily basis for work.

I then went shopping and to a hang out to see some friends. All the women who saw me and know me absolutely rave over it. The men on the other hand not really...lol. I had one guy go OMG, what have you done. All that beautiful hair gone, how could you do that. In the end he told me I was still beautiful but you could see it was hard for him... Another friend looked and his first response was Oh God, you chopped your hair off. So I heard my little happy bubble burst once the men starting giving their opinions... all it takes is that little seed of doubt ya know.

As for food I could have done better choice wise but I am very happy with my portions.

I'm going to work in my garden today but not put any plants in because the temps are in the 30's again last night. I have a section to turn over and some compost to move. Atleast I will get some exercise..lol

sat. 5/30/09

lf yogurt
water

4 oz green goodness juice

lf yogurt
water

almonds , cashews
water

Morningstar veg pattie
Canned tomatoes
2 over easy eggs
Water

1-Pc cold pizza
Ff chocolate pudding
Water

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

CLCSC145
05-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh jab, IGNORE those men! First of all, they wouldn't know how to give a proper compliment if they tried. Second, men don't like change as a general rule. And third, what is always the most important is that YOU like it! I bet it looks great! Listen to the women - they know best. ;)

Let's see, yesterday was okay. Good foodwise but iffy on the exercise. I did wash both 75 pound woolly beasts and blow dried them and I was exhausted and sweating profusely after the ordeal. So I counted it, but that felt a bit like cheating. Today I'm going to walk on the treadmill. And I walked it on Friday. Two out of three isn't terrible!

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!