Support Groups - The Gabriel method

View Full Version : The Gabriel method

Arabella
05-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Anyone interested in joining a thread for the Gabriel method? I started doing it a week ago and I just love it.

Some components of the method are similar to the setpoint diet, which I had great success on years ago. What happened? Trauma and letting it all fall by the wayside again. In Gabriel's analysis, on some level, I decided that fat would protect me from more trauma. A big part of the method is convincing both mind and body that it's safe (in fact safer) to be slim.

Here's what I've noticed so far:

* Mostly no desire to eat when I'm not hungry, sometimes an absolute aversion to food.
* A thrilling feeling of the possibilities of life.
* More energy.
* I'm HAPPY!
* More mental space because I'm not preoccupied with thoughts of food/how fat I am all day.
* More thinking about how to make sure my own needs are met, rather than how to cope with what I have to do to look after everything and everyone else.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I recommend the book. It's only about $10 from Amazon.

The only thing I don't really like is the guy's website, which is too hype-y and looks like every bogus plan website. It makes it look like a scam. But I suspect that's due to the site creators. I wish legitimate people would put more time and thought into their sites and make them better.

Anyway, that's my only gripe. I lost two pounds last week (I'm going to WW -- I'm paid up till Sept. so I'm not going to quit weighing myself.).

Anyone else trying/thinking of trying this?

Rosinante
05-24-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't want to be dense but I don't understand the method. I've looked up a few links and they tell me what the results will be but not how.
Have you got time to post a little bit of how a day might work?
Thankyou, I'd be genuinely interested, as my overeating has never been about hunger but all in my mind.

Arabella
05-24-2009, 12:26 PM
In a nutshell, the guided meditation and visualizations help you stop wanting to eat more food than you need and convince your mind that it wants to make your body slim. So it's kind of automatic, which is pretty sweet. No more struggling!

I've been working toward this kind of approach to some extent anyway but this really crystallizes it for me. I know if I'm not hungry and I want to eat something, that I probably need something other than food. A nap, a visit, some play time... So if I tend to my needs, eat when I'm hungry and not otherwise, that alone would do it. Add the visualization, meditation, etc... I love this method.

There's a lot of theory and research behind it, which is explained and documented in the book.

The focus is on adding healthy food to your diet, rather than taking junk out right away. He suggests that people eat as much as they want of whatever they want. If someone had a really crappy diet, it could take them quite a while to start losing. Although I've also heard stories of people having lightbulb moments that started them on their way immediately.

I haven't been spending a lot of time doing visualizations and etc. I just try to use positive self-talk throughout the day and possibly do one or two of the exercises he recommends. Most nights I've listened to the guided meditation, which is very relaxing.

Here's an interview I found. (http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/weight-loss-without-dieting-interview-with-jon-gabriel-author-of-the-gabriel-method)

ladynredd
05-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the tip about getting his book at Amazon. I've been considering buying it but was turned off by the idea of paying for a bunch of downloads that I really wasn't interested in. $10 is definitely more budget-friendly.

Arabella
05-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I've been here before, when I set out to actually deal with life instead of just getting through any way I can. Things come up to the surface. I know part of my issue has always been burying my feelings. Numbing myself so I don't feel.

The lesson, I guess, is that I can feel sad and be okay. If I don't let myself feel sadness, I'm not going to feel other things either. And I want to feel alive, not numbed. I'll hang with the feeling and see where it takes me.

msmendez11
07-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Arabella, I am really disappointed to see so little interest in the gabriel method here. I think it is a real shame.

I am having great success with it, lost 30kgs so far.

Maybe the book puts the lazy off, but it should be essential reading for everyone.

<edited by admin per forum rules>

Love
Marie

katrinabgood
07-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Hey... this may be just what I need to get back on board w/Mr Gabriel again! I started the book, really got into it, aaaaand.... stopped. I will make a point of FINISHING the book now, and getting back into the visualizations and exercises. THANK YOU, ARABELLA!

Arabella
07-11-2009, 05:34 PM
And thank you, Kat! I've been rereading it and I feel like I need daily reinforcement. Emotional obesity R me. But I know I can do this.

Marie, thanks for posting! I'm thrilled to hear your results. We'd love to hear more about your journey if you're willing to tell...

Arabella
07-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I've been religiously listening to the audio file pretty much every night. I had the thought, yesterday, that I would absolutely get to goal just doing that and exercising the way I have been.

I started adding sprints into my running pretty much as soon as I read the book because it made so much sense. I've heard from other fitness experts that whatever you try to do, exercise-wise, your body is going to work to make that easier for you. And the sprints have made an enormous difference in my body. Not my weight, at least not yet. But I can see and feel the difference all over. And I know that even just doing as much as I'm doing will make this happen for me. I can tell from the improvement in my body that continuing will get me there.

But I want to start doing more -- spend a little more time with meditation and visualization.

The first week after I'd read the book I had a new lease on life. It was incredible. Then, the next week, although I kept listening to the guided meditation, things weren't as good. My body fighting back, I guess. I do believe that, beneath all our attempts, many of us are extremely reluctant to let go of the struggle. Because to do so means to deal with things that we've prevented ourselves from seeing or feeling. And we fear change. That's me, for sure. I need to come unstuck without coming unhinged...

So much of this is about adding things instead of taking things away -- add joy, meaning, self-care, rest, fun, etc. to my life and I'm not going to feel like eating when I'm not hungry. Also I find -- as I did before, years ago, on the Setpoint diet -- that when I'm hungry I don't want junk. I want nutrition!

Marie, thanks so much for sharing your story. You know, 30 kgs in six months is awesome! :balloons:

mkebeling3
07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello All! I started The Gabriel Method within the last month and couldn't agree more with everything you are saying! I have been scouring the web trying to find a forum that would help to share ideas, recipes and questions regarding the method.
I have been struggling with my weight my whole life and I truly feel that The Gabriel Method is the "missing link".

I was wondering what are some examples of what you ladies are eating for breakfast. I have been making the smoothie from his website, but I definitely want some other options.

Also, do you HAVE to ground the flax seed in order to reap the full benefits, or is it okay just to put them on a salad?

Thanks for any input, and I am so excited to find some other enthusiasts!!!

Thanks,
Melissa:D

borntobefine
07-16-2009, 01:50 AM
I ordered the book last night because I want to check it out. I do not believe in dieting as I have enough of a problem eating 3 meals and 2 snacks.
I have started listening to the visualization. I did find a website but it was mostly aussie folks and the products and places did not help me. If anyone is interested I would like to start a blog or a little forum dedicated to the gabriel method or at least make sure this thread is active so we can share sources and such.

I will start off: for the grinder to grind the flaxseed/linseed check out Walmart (costs $15-$20) or Bed, Bath and Beyond (costs $20).

mkebeling3
07-20-2009, 10:19 AM
I have found the flax seed either at Trader Joe's or at Giant supermarket in the organic section. At Giant they have it in bulk. I was also able to find the sprouted bread at both locations.

As for the Whey protein powder, I got mine at GNC. I also got the digestive enzymes there. The probiotics I got at Target, but I am sure you can also get them at GNC for one stop shopping. The Fish Oil I got at BJ's because of the cost savings!

I think those are the basic supplies I have gotten.

So far I have been doing pretty well at adding live foods to every meal:carrot:...definitely more so than I used to. I am still having cravings for sweet stuff...but less often. I have a severe sweet tooth and have struggled with weight my whole life. I don't expect it to be a quick change. BUT having said that I do feel a difference. I am accepting my body more and I have been listening to the CD every night. I know that even just the small additions I have made will make a difference in my whole life. I have a 5 month old, and I CAN do the Gabriel Method even with taking care of him. I did not feel that way about any other program. I would love to hear about how everyone else is doing!

shularc
07-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi I am new to this form, but I have been on the Gabriel Method almost 2 weeks now, and the change is crazy. I feel so much better, more alert, i remember things I never wouldhave and I have a ton more energy. I was totaly starving my bod of the vital things it needed, like jon said. I have 6 pills I take a day Milti vit for woman, Omega 3 fish oils, vit E, B12, Probiotic, and digestive enzymes and I am Loving the chance. I have lost 18lbs, and my goal is to go from 266 to 130. I hope all of you who are interested in tring it, do, and I hope we can all get to our goals together by whatever paths we chose. Best of luck to all...!

mkebeling3
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Shulark- So glad to hear of your success. I have not yet gotten on the scale. (as per Jon's idea of waiting 6 months) BUT I don't quite feel as if I have lost anything yet. I would love to know what your day looks like as far as food goes. Breakfast is especially a concern. I was making the smoothie from his website, but it just wasn't doing it for me as an 'everyday' meal. I have now started to have 2 omega eggs and once slice of sprouted bread with some various fruits on the side.

I am also not in love with Flax seed. I put it on every salad I have, but I don't grind it up for that. Is this okay? I think my issue with it is the ground texture of the flax seed. I just haven't found the way to truly work it in other than on salads in its whole form.

Also, do you eat all of your veggies raw (or live) or do you cook some of them. I know raw is better, but I want to mix it up some too!

Again, I couldn't be happier with how I feel and how much healthier I am eating. I am just a bit of a "Type A" person and I want to do this 'right.' (though I know I need to listen to my body..which is definitely a learning process)

Thanks for any input!

~Melissa

Arabella
07-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Just popping in with a quick answer -- you have to grind flax seed to get the benefit of it. If you don't grind it, it's only fiber because your body can't break it down.

Welcome to the thread, all! :welcome: I intend to get back in soon.

mkebeling3
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks Arabella,

I thought that was the case, but I was actually hoping it wasn't. I haven't gone back to reread the book yet. (I have a 6 month old who has different ideas!)

SO, since you do have to grind the flax seed, does any one have any tips for mixing it into things or are you just adding it and bearing with it.
I don't mind the taste, it is the texture that gets me! I hope I become accustomed to it! :)

Echo
08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Hello! I also just came across the Gabriel method today purely by accident, by reading someone's blog. and now I am so intrigued! and i just bought it from amazon! cant wait for it to arrive!!

Alan
08-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I have been thinking of buying the book, and am fascinated by the change you have experienced. Its very well promoted on the net, so I thought it was just hype. Anything new?
Can you explain how this happened?
Alan

mkebeling3
08-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Alan,

I am glad you inquired! It is definitely not hype. It works, and it works because it agrees with how our body/mind works. I have been a life long dieter (with limited success and then always rebounding). I always knew diets didn't work, but I didn't know what to do. These ideas work with our body to help it do what it is designed to do. I am a music teacher, and as I tell my students when singing...."singing shouldn't be hard. If it is, you are doing it wrong. Your body is designed to sing, we just have to let it have control, instead of us trying to control it. " The same goes for the Gabriel Method. The CD is invaluable, and it is free for download on his website. This in conjunction with 'adding' certain items to your food repertoire will help your body begin gaining control over your weight. Your mind/body has the ability to give you the body you desire. (this is a mantra from Jon himself, and it is absolutely true)

I hope this helps, and in the worst case senario you buy the book, and can't get into it. At least you haven't dropped hundreds of dollars like other programs.

I love it, and hope you do too!

~Melissa

Alan
08-30-2009, 05:08 AM
Thanks for your comprehensive reply Melissa, I am intensely interested in what you say, and I intend to buy the book...one other question...apart from the valued "instructions" regarding how to control your mind...which is something not everyone will succeed with I guess, ....is there anything that is NEW...that you can't find anywhere else on the net?:)
Kind regards
Alan

shularc
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
I have been doing the Gabriel Method for almost 3 months, and I have been on many forms, but I have been on Jons form the most. Not only does jon himself post there aswell, but there are a ton of people joining everyday as this method gets more popular. You all should check it out!

gabrielmethod.com

Best wishes on your journey!

Adar
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi! I am new to these forums, but was looking for a place to connect with other Gabriel Method followers.

I weighed 295 at the top, no idea what I weigh now, but my clothes are getting looser and I feel better than in years. Been on the Method for about 2 weeks, and it seems to be working.:

The only part was the group support -- and while there are forums on the GM site, I wanted an independent place to connect with others.

So.... how's it working for you?

Adar
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I would love to know what your day looks like as far as food goes. Breakfast is especially a concern.

Thanks for any input!

~Melissa

Breakfasts I've been eating: Raw nuts (almonds) and an apple, plain yoghurt with cut up orange and strawberries, cottage cheese and sunflower seeds, hard boiled egg (Omega-3 eggs). Tuna, tomato, and cucumber salad one morning. (These are several diff menus, not all at one meal!!!)

I just go for some kind of protein plus some "live" food. Still a little unsure about the live food thing, but he seems to be talking about non-processed foods, so I figure that raw nuts, fruits, and veggies will work. Working more fish into the diet because I am craving it (for the first time in my entire life!)

I have been trying to let go of my notions about "proper" menus, and just go for the live-plus-protein menu instead.

Am taking supplements: probiotic with big glass of water first thing in AM, then high quality multivitamin + minerals plus additional omega-3 and enzymes with breakfast. Another probiotic with glass of water at bedtime (empty stomach.) Gonna revisit the supplements at some point, but this seems to be working for now.

I had really given up. I'm 55 years old, post-menopausal, and I seemed doomed to slow weight gain until it killed me. This is really profoundly different, and I feel hopeful for the first time in years.

Syndee
04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Hello there, it's my first time on this site and I'm very interested in the Gabriel method. I hope anyone who posted in 2009 has more insight to share now? Regardless, I'm starting the CD tonight. I'll keep you posted.

Photogrl83
05-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I hope someone that has posted on here still comes back to this thread! I LOVE the Gabriel Method, I read it all the way through a few months ago, couldn't put the book down! Everything that is in it makes complete sense with the research to back it! I although have a huge problem sticking with anything and his method is one of those. But I have dug the book back out and am rereading it and will be following it! I'd love to have someone to discuss it with!

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-15-2010, 01:05 AM
You can buy flax seeds that are already ground up for you: it's called FLAX MEAL. I found mine in the bakery section at the grocery store. Here are some ways to use Flax Meal --

-- put 1 tbl in a smoothie; 2 tbl for 2 servings
-- put 1 tbl over your cereal (nice in oatmeal)
-- add 1/3 cup to granola bar recipe (8 servings)
-- add 1 tbl to yogurt
-- add 1/4 cup to meatloaf
-- add 1/4 cup to meatballs or patties
-- add 1/4 cup in casseroles
-- add 1 tbl on your salads like coleslaw
-- sprinkle 1 tbl over fruit; fresh or baked
-- add 1-2 tbl to your veggie soups

NOTE: you can also buy FLAX OIL CAPSULES at the drug store; I take one with water about 30 minutes before dinner as this is supposed to help one feel fuller and satisfied quicker.

ABOUT BREAKFASTS: you can pretty well have what you want for breakfast; although a nice veggie omelette was suggested, as were the smoothies. Have what you like; the plan is very flexible that way ... :D

caliyah
05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
gabriel method is great. it has helped me a lot to visualize my end goal. he made an amazing transformation and i'm glad he decided 2 share it with the world

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Yah, CALI ~ that is what struck me first about Jon Gabriel -- the amazing change in his appearance. I have similar belly issues; and thought, "if that man can get rid of his stomach, then he must know something I want and need to know" ... ;)

ecatt
08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
You can buy flax seeds that are already ground up for you: it's called FLAX MEAL. I found mine in the bakery section at the grocery store. :D

Hi Guys
Just new to this forum but I have read and started on the Gabriel method also, and love it so far. I just noted the flax meal comment and Jon explains that flax seed starts to deteriorate as soon as it is ground, so you must grind it fresh and eat straight away (or only ground up for the days use).
Good luck to everyone, and I hope to hear some more good results, I will keep you posted on mine too!

Justwant2Bhealthy
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
ECATT ~ that is still doable; you can get flaxseeds in the bakery section of your grocery store too. Then you can just grind them up using a grinder, blender, or processor ... whatever you have. I store mine in the fridge or freezer to keep them fresh too. :D

CurlieFoodie
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I've been looking for a support forum. This thread doesn't look very active. I've been doing the Gabriel Method for a little over a month now. I've lost some weight. In the second month of the program I'm supposed to begin including exercise. I've been looking into PACE by Al Sears M.D. His program is like HIIT or interval training but takes into account that many people are not in very good shape when they begin exercising. It seems to be very short high intensity interval training customized to each individual's level of fitness with gradual increases in intensity to boost your overall fitness level over time.
What are you doing to include exercise in your overall fitness plan? What types of exercises are you doing?

ATSBeautiful
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
:bravo::bravo:Anyone interested in joining a thread for the Gabriel method? I started doing it a week ago and I just love it.

Some components of the method are similar to the setpoint diet, which I had great success on years ago. What happened? Trauma and letting it all fall by the wayside again. In Gabriel's analysis, on some level, I decided that fat would protect me from more trauma. A big part of the method is convincing both mind and body that it's safe (in fact safer) to be slim.

Here's what I've noticed so far:

* Mostly no desire to eat when I'm not hungry, sometimes an absolute aversion to food.
* A thrilling feeling of the possibilities of life.
* More energy.
* I'm HAPPY!
* More mental space because I'm not preoccupied with thoughts of food/how fat I am all day.
* More thinking about how to make sure my own needs are met, rather than how to cope with what I have to do to look after everything and everyone else.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I recommend the book. It's only about $10 from Amazon.

The only thing I don't really like is the guy's website, which is too hype-y and looks like every bogus plan website. It makes it look like a scam. But I suspect that's due to the site creators. I wish legitimate people would put more time and thought into their sites and make them better.

Anyway, that's my only gripe. I lost two pounds last week (I'm going to WW -- I'm paid up till Sept. so I'm not going to quit weighing myself.).

Anyone else trying/thinking of trying this?

I've had the book for a couple of weeks now. Have been listening to the P.M. visualization for 1 week ...........holy smokes!!!! I am having the same types of behaviors as you. Not sure if I've lost any weight but sure am loving the "side Effects".....:bravo:
Would love to join in ..............Thanks
Mary

classykaren
07-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I just bought the book and tapes from the website. We can do this

helen22
04-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone here from 3 years ago still on it? Just bought the book. Looks interesting, excited to try it. Anyone else??

Arabella
05-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm jumping back in here -- it's time. I'm dealing with a shocking regain -- same old, same old reasons, plus a sprained ankle that sidelined me in the fall. But ready to go again. Let life begin! :yes:

For exercise, I walk -- aiming at 10,000 steps a day -- and go to hot yoga -- aiming for 5X a week.

I've looked at other plans and thing that there are compatible ones with a lot to offer -- Marianne Williamson's Course in Weight Loss, for one, getting into the root causes and the things that we have been using food to repress.

K, officially excited again myself. Let's go! :cb: :cb:

GutBuster
05-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Would love to join you if you are -- I'm just re-beginning with Gabriel and the Senn yoga tapes again after months of delay, so would love to team up with you, let me know!
And best of luck with your renewed venture:carrot:

Arabella
05-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes, I'm doing a combined approach but I'm going to start listening to the guided meditation again regularly. I did a couple of times last week but one of them I mostly slept through it. Supposedly still effective but ... I'm not sure.

I'm working on eating only when hungry. One rule is that I only eat at the table when I'm alone; another that I can't eat anything but fruits and veggies between meals. Steps and food have been good this week but yoga will only be 4 times.

Gillian
07-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes, I'm doing a combined approach but I'm going to start listening to the guided meditation again regularly. I did a couple of times last week but one of them I mostly slept through it. Supposedly still effective but ... I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that the cds work also when you "sleep", maybe at an even deeper level.
I have the habit to listen the meditation when I go to sleep, and the day after always feel less cravings than when I forget to listen the cds.
This program really helped me a lot, I've also written a review about it, if someone is interested: The Gabriel Method, my review (http://how-thin.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-gabriel-method-my-review.html)

Bunnydream
08-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Hmm, I am just about to buy the book. I'm not sure about signing up for the whole website thing. (40 bucks hurts to pay once a month when you are 22 and working day-care) It's great to hear feedback from you ladies.

Jenjen2503
09-08-2013, 07:35 PM
I have questions about Gabriel Method. I have just started reading the book. I can't afford all organic & grain fed meats, will it still work if I buy products from grocery store? What about taking fish oil pills in place of flax seed? Also, I put on the night visualization & I always fall asleep....... Will it still work? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!:):)

wirebiter
12-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Just starting this and would love to talk to others doing the program. I opted for the Total Transformation Package. Has anyone paid for the support forums there? Is it worth it?

lulanilu
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone, got the book for free, it's been collecting dust as it just seems like a . Lot of baloney. I'm going to read it and try it, as what happens. Quite frankly it sounds too good to be true, an you know what they say......

Arabella
12-12-2013, 06:44 AM
A lot of people have success with it. I often find that I'm more successful on days when I've listened to the meditation the previous night. That said, although it seemed to work almost magically at first, I haven't since had any long stretches of effortless control. On the whole, I think it can do the trick for some people and can be a useful tool for most people.

chex
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I have been reading about meditation for a couple of years now. Not good at doing it and yet I realize that to really lose weight I need to make changes. Diets in and of themselves do not work because once we stop being vigilant we start regaining. Viscous cycle. So I can see this is not a very active group, but I think this could be a very helpful piece of the picture for many of us. I just ordered the book and have looked at his site. Actually, other than the visualization I do not see much on the site except that he sells alot of other programs and supplements. I will go back as I have a month trial, but doubt that the site is very supportive or worth the monthly fee. From what I read about previous comments, it seems like he is basically promoting a healthier diet supported by the visualizations to help change our thinking. For me at least the important piece is getting into a routine to see if the regular use of the visualization will make a difference as they have for others. I know that the best way of eating includes grass fed meats and that is a real financial issue. I just could not bring myself yet to spend over $15 on a small whole chicken. Harder if you are cooking for a family but for me I realize that I just need very small portions since I only need 3oz cooked. Will see.

I had never heard of chia bran and still do not know what it is (perhaps ground chia seeds?). Will have to find out because ground chia is sill as the chia will dissolve in liquid and does not need to be ground the way flax seeds do. When you grind or dissolve the chia you are exposing the Omega-3 oil to the air and it will begin to oxidize so you do not want to do that in advance.

Hoping someone is still interested here!

Dramatori
01-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Just came across this when I was looking for reviews, etc. of the Gabriel Method. I just purchased this and started yesterday. I do not have the online support feature, but I purchased the Total Transformation for about $70. Includes the visualizations, videos, digital copy of the book, etc.

I have tried pretty much everything from Jenny Craig to Weight Watchers, gym membership, home gym equipment, counting calories on my own, Biggest Loser, I could go on. But nothing has really worked long term for me.

I think I've made myself a nice little fat cushion: used fat to keep other men away when I was in a bad marriage for years, emotionally and physically neglected. I think that had something to do with sexual abuse in my childhood as well.

I did have some success with a self hypnosis recording I bought on Amazon awhile back, when I did it every night I really did find myself thinking about food differently: I realized this when I head a co-worker on the phone, ordering a double-order of chicken fettucini, hold the broccoli, double order of garlic bread... and when I would normally be thinking 'omg that sounds so good!', I actually was thinking 'that is just a ton of fatty food!' and then I realized I was thinking right about food for once. I lost about 5 pounds when I got distracted with some other things and next thing I knew I was up again.

So when I saw the Gabriel Method, and read reviews, I thought it might be a good idea to go back to that same concept, in a more comprehensive way... different visualizations, the book, etc. and if I start to stray I just really need to make myself go right back. I can't expect to fix what's wrong with my thinking in a few short weeks, I need to really beat it into my head.

I haven't really seen any reasonable arguments against this method, so... Getting started on beating it into my head.

Arabella
02-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Hello! I'm so happy to see some people have posted and would love to use this thread as a support group, even if not really restricted to the Gabriel method. I think he's got a lot of useful ideas but I don't think we need to buy into the whole package to benefit from them. I'm a big believer in the power of meditation and visualization.

Would you be open to making this thread "loosely-based" -- or, conversely, to starting a new group with a theme yet to be determined?

I hope so! :wave:

Dramatori
02-11-2014, 03:23 PM
I have lost 8 lbs since I started with the Gabriel Method, 12 days ago.

:carrot:

I have been listening to the visualizations at night, and have watched some of the videos (visual version of the book) but not on a daily basis.

I have realized how much I was obsessing about food, either when dieting or not dieting, and have made an effort to stop worrying about it: clearly, that was not doing me any good. Still dieting, still overweight, still either gaining, or just maintaining, at best.

Now I don't think that much about it, other than consciously avoiding sugar, but not weighing or measuring or counting points or calories, and I find that I am not thinking about what I can't have, or what I want but shouldn't eat... and I am not overeating. I can only speculate that my body is letting go of what it's been holding onto, in starvation mode.

I thought about keeping track of what I was eating, just so I could see the difference, but it felt like I was concentrating on calories and portions and fat content and sugar too much, and that's what I am trying to get away from.

I will have to let my weight, and my jeans size, do the talking. :)

Arabella
02-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Wow! Eight pounds in such a short time is amazing -- nice start! I think I'm going to start a thread for a more general holistic health-based approach, but the Gabriel method can be a very helpful tool.