Support Groups - Calling All Teachers! School's Out, Weight Loss is In!

TinaTiny82
05-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone else out there vow to loose weight this summer??

As teachers, we are privileged enough to have a much needed summer break from our career that we use to refocus our minds, breathe some fresh air, and enjoy the sanity that comes with the absence of a classroom. Every summer I promise myself that "THIS will be the summer of change!"...and nothing happens...sad but true.

As we have all made those vows at some time or another, I'm curious if there are any fellow educators that will join me this summer to finally start fulfilling their summer dream of a healthy lifestyle! Why throw these 2 and a half months away, no other career offers such a fresh start to life!

On that note, if you're with me, post some info about yourself! We can all do this together! I'll start:

Hey! My name is Tina and I'm a 27 year old music teacher at an elementary school in Indiana. I've been teacher for 4 years and feel like I might finally be getting the hang of things. I've been married 2 years in July, and have two adorable, bratty, spoiled-rotten kitties, Charlie and Sammie. No kids yet, but we plan on have some in the future. In my free time I enjoy scrapbooking, hanging out with friends, and going to the movies. Anything else you'd like to know? Post or PM me!

Lets go! Teachers Unite!:D

***************Summer Weight Loss Challenge!**********************

Goal: Everyone loose a combined 100 lbs!

Starting Weights/Current Weights:

TinaTiny82: 171/168.5
Hello Nurse: 276.6/267
Skinnycow: 247/224
leigh: 222.4/220
TamiL: 136/127
Bayleysmom: 153/147
sukierd:175/162

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/chick01/lb/100/0/34/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Jennelle
05-23-2009, 07:05 PM
I just finished the year from h-e-double-hockey-sticks, so I have never been so glad to see a summer! :lol:

I'm Jennelle. I'm an English teacher and just finished my 8th year. I've taught every grade from 4-12; I just finished two years at a tiny (175 students in grades 9-12) rural high school teaching all levels of English.

I've lost 32 lbs. since January and have 20 more to go to reach my end-of-the year goal. My summer goal is exercise! I have a gym membership but honestly cannot remember the last time I went!

TinaTiny82
05-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I just finished the year from h-e-double-hockey-sticks, so I have never been so glad to see a summer! :lol:

I'm Jennelle. I'm an English teacher and just finished my 8th year. I've taught every grade from 4-12; I just finished two years at a tiny (175 students in grades 9-12) rural high school teaching all levels of English.

I've lost 32 lbs. since January and have 20 more to go to reach my end-of-the year goal. My summer goal is exercise! I have a gym membership but honestly cannot remember the last time I went!

Hey Jenelle! Welcome!

This year seemed so rushed for me...it's like, I thought I had everything planned ahead of time but I would forget the small stuff and have to backtrack to catch up! I still have a week and 3 days left (making up snow days) but my summer goal is to use my gym membership too, and try to eat out less. I'm trying the Sonoma Diet and so far I love it! I'm just trying out the recipes now, but I think once schools out and I have more time to cook I'll try it full force.

I only recently (a week ago) joined this site, so I've only lost 3 lbs., but it's a start!!

TinaTiny82
05-24-2009, 04:02 PM
So, it's Sunday...I always have a hard time exercising on Sunday! In fact, I don't remember when I EVER exercised on Sundays. Usually, I like to take a big nap and watch movies all day. Since it's extremely hot out, I think I may just use my new exercise bike (borrowed from a friend for a couple months!) and play some DDR. Good luck everyone!

LoverlyGal
05-24-2009, 05:44 PM
As a teacher in the UK, let me tell you you're really lucky to have such a long summer to concentrate on your weight loss! We've still got nearly two months of school before the holidays begin!
Might as well join in though! I'm 25, have been teaching at high school for two years and love it! Have A LOT of weight to lose but have lost a stone since Christmas so hopefully it'll keep on going! Oh, and I'm getting married August 19th so would really like to have lost another couple of pounds before then! x

TinaTiny82
05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
As a teacher in the UK, let me tell you you're really lucky to have such a long summer to concentrate on your weight loss! We've still got nearly two months of school before the holidays begin!
Might as well join in though! I'm 25, have been teaching at high school for two years and love it! Have A LOT of weight to lose but have lost a stone since Christmas so hopefully it'll keep on going! Oh, and I'm getting married August 19th so would really like to have lost another couple of pounds before then! x

Wow, really?? Our school year goes August 15th-June 2nd this year. What is your schedule like?

It's so great to meet you, LoverlyGal! I'm so proud of your weight loss so far, it's really encouraging! Congrats on the wedding, I ended up loosing 17 lbs. for mine 2 years ago and got down to 140. Unfortunately, I let poor eating habits take over due to stress and put on 35 lbs. since then. It would be awesome if your hubby agreed with your new healthy lifestyle! Mine is slowly coming around to diet and exercise and it's actually really fun pushing each other to do better!

On another note to all, I would just like to say.....

I EXERCISED ON MEMORIAL DAY! I could have slept in on my day off and done nothing, but instead, I woke up and went straight to the gym. One small victory for me, wahoo! Anyone else do the deed?

TinaTiny82
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Today I just wanted to quit. Quit exercising, quit trying to eat right, quit it all. I've only lost 4 lbs. in one month, but I know why...I'm not consistent!!! I need to keep a tight schedule and stick to it. Diet is key, I'll just have to keep trying.

Hello Nurse
05-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Would you mind if a school nurse joined in?

If not, here's my bio. I am the school nurse at an elem in North Texas. I have been there for 1 1/2 years. I am 31, married with no kids, but we do have 4 horses, 3 dogs, and 4 cats if that counts as kids!

We get out June 5, but I am working summer school until July 1. It is only 8-12 though, so no excuses for not getting moving!

Hang in there, TinaTiny82, 1 lb per week is not bad at all! Let's dig in and keep going and just wait until our co-workers see us in the fall!

TinaTiny82
05-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Would you mind if a school nurse joined in?

If not, here's my bio. I am the school nurse at an elem in North Texas. I have been there for 1 1/2 years. I am 31, married with no kids, but we do have 4 horses, 3 dogs, and 4 cats if that counts as kids!

We get out June 5, but I am working summer school until July 1. It is only 8-12 though, so no excuses for not getting moving!

Hang in there, TinaTiny82, 1 lb per week is not bad at all! Let's dig in and keep going and just wait until our co-workers see us in the fall!

Hey there! Of course you can join Hello Nurse! We couldn't have schools without you, haha.

Wow! That's a lot of pets! And yes, they count as kids:) I would be devastated if my cats weren't home with me. But 4??? I've had 3 before, but 4 just sounds like a handful! Are they all indoors? Horses are so beautiful, you must have some land out in Texas? And 3 dogs, what kind?

Ya, thanks for the encouragement. Yesterday I just felt awful but I'm doing better this morning. I'm leaving to go to the gym in a few and have healthy eating planned out for the day. That always helps, Saturdays get me to refocus. That wasn't always the case, but it seems to work for me now.

Yes! Co-workers seeing us in the fall...good inspiration! If I could loose 20-25lbs. this summer I would be ecstatic. However, any weight loss will make me happy, as long as it's consistent and I don't gain! Even staying the same one week would be ok. Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!

leigh
05-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi! Is it too late to join? I'll be teaching summer school again this year but I'll still have a lot more free time than during the rest of the year. My goal is to at least get to ONEderland by Labor Day.

Skinnycow
05-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm Corrie. I teach kindergarten at a very tiny school (about 30 students from k - 12th). I just finished my 2nd year of teaching. I've worked at summer camps the past few summers and am really looking forward to having this summer off. I've lost about 22 lbs. since the end of March doing WeightWatchers at Home. I'm planning to do the c25k this summer. I'd really like to lose about 30 lbs. before school starts again in September.

TinaTiny82
05-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi! Is it too late to join? I'll be teaching summer school again this year but I'll still have a lot more free time than during the rest of the year. My goal is to at least get to ONEderland by Labor Day.

Of course you can join! Welcome, leigh! Keep working towards your goal and be sure to post updates of your progress. Are you doing any type of special diet program or weight loss routine?

I'm Corrie. I teach kindergarten at a very tiny school (about 30 students from k - 12th). I just finished my 2nd year of teaching. I've worked at summer camps the past few summers and am really looking forward to having this summer off. I've lost about 22 lbs. since the end of March doing WeightWatchers at Home. I'm planning to do the c25k this summer. I'd really like to lose about 30 lbs. before school starts again in September.

Yay for more people! Welcome, Skinnycow! Congrats on the weight loss so fat, keep working at it! What is the c25k? Is it a marathon of some sorts? Are you working out a certain way? 30lbs. would be a great summer goal! Tough, but challenges are good, haha. At this moment I'll be happy with 20-25lbs. gone, but I've never lost that much weight before. Good luck, keep us posted!

Hey all! Maybe we could put together some kind of group goal of lbs. lost and keep a ticker in the post? Maybe, 100lbs. lost for everyone in the thread Starting June 1st? What do you think?

Hello Nurse
05-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

TinaTiny, all the cats are indoor, but they are pretty laid back so it usually does not get too hectic! We did have only 3 but our barn cat got sick and had to come home for a while, and she decided she liked the couch :) All the dogs are mutts, and they stay inside too unless we are home. Two are older and really laid back, and one is just a year so he still gets hyper at times! We keep the horses at a stable about 5 minutes from the house, but we are looking at buying land as we speak! Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to keeping up with y'all!

Leigh, ONEderland, how exciting! I am sure you can reach that goal here with us cheering you on!

Skinnycow, (love that username BTW), that is a really small school! I bet it is nice to know all the kids so well though. I am doing WW at home too, just started this week. I ate all my weekly points yesterday and ended up eating double my daily points, but at least I did not go over the daily + weekly. I just have to stay within my daily points now for the ENTIRE week since I weigh on Saturdays! That may not have been a very good plan!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

leigh
05-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Of course you can join! Welcome, leigh! Keep working towards your goal and be sure to post updates of your progress. Are you doing any type of special diet program or weight loss routine?

Thanks, TinaTiny! I'm not counting calories (yet), just watching what I eat. I started off doing Couch to 5K for exercise but couldn't really get into it. I want to give C25K another try this summer, but for now I'm doing Turbo Jam on a daily basis. I love it, and it seems to be working...I lost 2.4 pounds this week. :D

Congrats to EVERYONE on your progress so far! I am looking forward to getting fit with some fellow fabulous teachers.

P.S. I think having a group goal and ticker would be very motivational. :^:

TinaTiny82
05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
TinaTiny, all the cats are indoor, but they are pretty laid back so it usually does not get too hectic! We did have only 3 but our barn cat got sick and had to come home for a while, and she decided she liked the couch :) All the dogs are mutts, and they stay inside too unless we are home. Two are older and really laid back, and one is just a year so he still gets hyper at times! We keep the horses at a stable about 5 minutes from the house, but we are looking at buying land as we speak!

Oh my goodness! You practically have your own zoo, haha. I'm glad it all works out for you though. I'm the kind who'll take in strays if they look at me sad enough. Fortunately, my husband is more level headed!!

I am doing WW at home too, just started this week. I ate all my weekly points yesterday and ended up eating double my daily points, but at least I did not go over the daily + weekly. I just have to stay within my daily points now for the ENTIRE week since I weigh on Saturdays! That may not have been a very good plan!

I've never tried WW but some other teachers at my school are and have had pretty good results. I don't know anything about weekly or daily points but hang in there, you can do it! My splurge was a small french fry from Penn Station yesterday...Gotta eat good today!!

I'm not counting calories (yet), just watching what I eat. I started off doing Couch to 5K for exercise but couldn't really get into it. I want to give C25K another try this summer, but for now I'm doing Turbo Jam on a daily basis. I love it, and it seems to be working...I lost 2.4 pounds this week. :D

That's great! 2.4lbs! I need to get a good scale...maybe later this week. I'm not really following a certain fitness plan, but I'm trying to do an hour of cardio a day (30 on a bike, 30 on elliptical) and weights Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. However, I only know the upper body lifting that my husband has taught me (yesterday!) and I'd like to do some leg work as well.

As far as eating, I'm loosely following the Sonoma Diet/Mediterranean Diet. The recipes I've tried are overall very tasty, I just have to find some main dish recipes I like. Their veggie and carb dishes are amazing! Plus, it actually tastes good, so it doesn't feel too much like a diet.

Do you think 100lbs for our group is too high of a goal? I guess we'll have to wait and see who's in. so far it's me and leigh. Who else wants in?

Skinnycow
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd been reading about a lot of people doing the c25k (couch to 5k). It's a 9 week program that gets you running a 5k. I got the podcast on itunes. It tells you when to run and when to walk. School ends for me on June 4th. I'm starting the c25k the next Monday.

TinaTiny82
05-31-2009, 07:19 PM
I'd been reading about a lot of people doing the c25k (couch to 5k). It's a 9 week program that gets you running a 5k. I got the podcast on itunes. It tells you when to run and when to walk. School ends for me on June 4th. I'm starting the c25k the next Monday.

Oh, ok, I have heard of this before. Good luck! Do you want to join the group summer challenge to see if we can all loose 100lbs. by the time school starts? I'm actually not out until June 4th too!

Skinnycow
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Do you want to join the group summer challenge to see if we can all loose 100lbs. by the time school starts?

That sounds great!

TinaTiny82
05-31-2009, 07:41 PM
That sounds great!

Wahoo! So far we have 3 ppl in...anyone else?

TamiL
05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I'd like to join if you'll have me! I am not a teacher though.....I drive a big yellow Bluebird and deliver precious cargo each morning and the best part is I take them back home each evening! Our last day is Wednesday June 3rd here in Northern Indiana.

Hello Nurse
06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Welcome, TamiL!

I am definitely in on the ticker, my goal for summer is to be down 25 lbs before school starts back. I think we can make it to 100 lbs!

One of my co-workers and I are talking about doing a 1 month bootcamp fitness thing. You can choose either 3 or 5 days per week, and I am thinking of going for all 5, depending on cost. It runs for the one month that summer school runs, so it won't interfere with vaca's or anything. Maybe just the thing I need to incorporate exercise into this journey!

Hope everyone had a good day today!

TamiL
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome! My name is Tami. I am completing my first full year driving a school bus. Its been a lot of fun learning to deal with middle schoolers and negotiate city traffic. I am 44 and have 4 kids and 1 darling granddaughter whom I will be babysitting this summer. I have already lost 53 lbs since February 9th. I still would like to lose another 18 though by August.

Bootcamp sounds interesting. I haven't done much exercising yet, LOL. I am a bit hyper at work (I dance on the bus when I clean it). Now that summer is almost here I am totally lost. I hope my motivation can hack this!

Nice to meet everyone. Sending willpower dust to all :)

TinaTiny82
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I am definitely in on the ticker, my goal for summer is to be down 25 lbs before school starts back. I think we can make it to 100 lbs!

Awesome! I'll add you to the list of ppl!

Thanks for the welcome! My name is Tami. I am completing my first full year driving a school bus. Its been a lot of fun learning to deal with middle schoolers and negotiate city traffic. I am 44 and have 4 kids and 1 darling granddaughter whom I will be babysitting this summer. I have already lost 53 lbs since February 9th. I still would like to lose another 18 though by August.

Welcome, TamiL! Congrats on already loosing 53 lbs! That's amazing! I actually work in Indiana too, Do you know where Middletown or Anderson is? That's where I'm at:) Would you like to join our group ticker summer challenge as well? We're all trying to loose 100lbs. total!

So, June has started and school is FINALLY OVER, WAHOO! My last day was today. Do we want to weigh in on Friday to have our starting weights? I can list our starting points n the first post and then add a ticker when we weigh in the following week. Sound good? The only thing is, I'm still relatively new so my signature option hasn't happened yet:( Anyone have any other ideas for this thing or is a weigh in every Friday good for all of you?

I made bad eating choices today...just finished a hot fudge sundae, haha. BUT it is my last day of school so as long as I'm good the rest of the week I should be fine. Have a good day all!

Hello Nurse
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
My last day with kids is Friday. Tomorrow is field day - woohoo! I am good with weighing in Friday, or whenever y'all want.

I think a sundae to celebrate the end of the year is definitely acceptable!

TamiL
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'd love to join the ticker. My weight loss has slowed to a crawl at this point because I am so close to what my body has always settled on.

Yep I know where Anderson is! I am in Fort Wayne and drive for FWCS here.
Today was our last day here and what an emotional day it was. I cried when I left my kids. Its amazing how attached we get. I wished I would of thought to have a sundae myself!

Friday sounds good to me, I definitely will need to keep myself accountable now that I have no rigid schedule and a house full of kids to entertain!

TinaTiny82
06-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I'd love to join the ticker. My weight loss has slowed to a crawl at this point because I am so close to what my body has always settled on.

Yep I know where Anderson is! I am in Fort Wayne and drive for FWCS here.
Today was our last day here and what an emotional day it was. I cried when I left my kids. Its amazing how attached we get. I wished I would of thought to have a sundae myself!

Friday sounds good to me, I definitely will need to keep myself accountable now that I have no rigid schedule and a house full of kids to entertain!

Wahoo, another gal to join in our challenge! We can do it!!

Yes! I know where Ft. Wayne is. I actually teach in Middletown, but it's 10 minutes from Anderson. Most people don't know about it because it is very small. There is only 1 elementary so it has all 600 kids, however that's still small compared to some. I did not cry...on the contrary, all the teachers have a tradition of getting in one big line as the kids load the buses and when they start to leave we all do the wave to send them off, haha. Good times at Shenandoah!

TamiL
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Wahoo, another gal to join in our challenge! We can do it!!

Yes! I know where Ft. Wayne is. I actually teach in Middletown, but it's 10 minutes from Anderson. Most people don't know about it because it is very small. There is only 1 elementary so it has all 600 kids, however that's still small compared to some. I did not cry...on the contrary, all the teachers have a tradition of getting in one big line as the kids load the buses and when they start to leave we all do the wave to send them off, haha. Good times at Shenandoah!

Ha Ha, thats funny! Me and one of my buddies who drives out of the same middle school have our own new little tradition. We beep our horns at all the teachers and admins as we are leaving. Then we run through town side by side (never do this normally) and beep every so often. Its alot of fun and the kids actually behave rather well for us because we spend all year avoiding close proximity to other buses.

TinaTiny82
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Ha Ha, thats funny! Me and one of my buddies who drives out of the same middle school have our own new little tradition. We beep our horns at all the teachers and admins as we are leaving. Then we run through town side by side (never do this normally) and beep every so often. Its alot of fun and the kids actually behave rather well for us because we spend all year avoiding close proximity to other buses.

Aww, fun! I bet being a driver can be tough! Our PTO just raised enough money to put cameras in all the buses. The drivers were pretty psyched.

So my vow to eat better today started good and ended bad, but for some reason I'm not too stressed about it. My husband was off work for the first time in 9 days so we spent the day together: eating out, going to music shops, and picking up some fancy adult beverages to relax with tonight. I don't drink very often anymore but every so often it's fun to let loose with your hubby:)

Weigh in tomorrow!!

Hello Nurse
06-05-2009, 07:58 AM
OK, I just weighed in today - 274! That is down 2.6 for this week for me! And, today is the last day of school, woohoo! (OK, then a month of summer school but that is always really slow and only from 8-12). Good luck everyone!

TinaTiny82
06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
OK, I just weighed in today - 274! That is down 2.6 for this week for me! And, today is the last day of school, woohoo! (OK, then a month of summer school but that is always really slow and only from 8-12). Good luck everyone!

Alright!

I added a ticker and our starting weights...I stayed the same, but good job Hello Nurse! And congrats on the last day of school:)

Skinnycow
06-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I weighed in at 244 this morning. That's 3 lbs. lost this week! I have Kindergarten graduation tonight. I'm so nervous! I hate speaking in front of people. Today was our last day. 13 1/2 weeks of vacation!

TinaTiny82
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I weighed in at 244 this morning. That's 3 lbs. lost this week! I have Kindergarten graduation tonight. I'm so nervous! I hate speaking in front of people. Today was our last day. 13 1/2 weeks of vacation!

That's fabulous!! I've added your results. Plus, no worries about tonight, just take deep breaths and be yourself! Good luck:hug:

Skinnycow
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Kindergarten graduation is over. I cried through the whole program. I only had one student this year. He giggled through all the songs and poems. We were quite a pair. Me crying and him giggling.

TinaTiny82
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Kindergarten graduation is over. I cried through the whole program. I only had one student this year. He giggled through all the songs and poems. We were quite a pair. Me crying and him giggling.

Awww, so cute! I'm glad you made it through, even if you did cry, haha.

leigh
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey, fellow teachers! I have not been very good about keeping up with this thread. Part of the problem is that our school year doesn't end until the 18th. :club: But I will try to do a better job this week.

I did my Turbo Jam every day this week and ate pretty well. I lost 2.4 pounds this week! I am now down to 220.

Skinnycow, I wish my school had a graduation ceremony. That is so cute. If it makes you feel any better, my eyes spill over when the buses leave on the last day. I just can't help it. And congrats to you and Hello Nurse on your losses this week!

Skinnycow
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I did w1d1 of c25k today. It kicked my butt! I could only do 15 min. I am so out of shape.

TamiL
06-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I forgot to add my weigh in as of Friday June 5th....136! Weight is moving extremely slowly for me now as I get closer to a more normal size for me. Hopefully this will be a great summer for us all!

TinaTiny82
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I did my Turbo Jam every day this week and ate pretty well. I lost 2.4 pounds this week! I am now down to 220.

Thant's great leigh, I'll add you to our group!

I forgot to add my weigh in as of Friday June 5th....136! Weight is moving extremely slowly for me now as I get closer to a more normal size for me. Hopefully this will be a great summer for us all!

Hey, awesome job TamiL! I can't wait to be where you are right now. Keep up the good work:)

Hey all, do any of you go to a gym to workout? If so, how often do you go? What kind of exercise do you do? My goal this week is to go every day M-F and do my usual (half hour on a bike or running, half hour on an elliptical). I went today, yehaw! One day down, 4 to go.

If you don't work out at a gym, what kind of things do you do at home, and how often?

Hello Nurse
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I am sitting here surfing 3fc when I should be out walking. Or doing an exercise video. Or something. I wish I was one of those people who loves to exercise and cannot let the sun set without doing it. So far, that is just not me!

The nutrition plan is going well though. I stayed on plan over the scary weekend full of buffets, and this morning at the nurse's brunch. I just need to get the exercise thing down.

I am thinking of doing c25k too, but I am considering starting by just walking it. For instance, when it says to job, just walking faster. A figured I can do that for a month or so then start over and do the walk/jog. Have a good evening everyone, I am going to drag my butt off the chair!

TamiL
06-09-2009, 05:24 AM
I am sitting here surfing 3fc when I should be out walking.

Hmm, here is my problem!!!!!!!

TinaTiny82
06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey all, get off the couch and exercise! Here's the boost you need....GO NOW! Haha, ahh well. I tried. I'm not too huge into working out yet but I'm trying to go more often. As far as my goal, I went today so that makes it 2 days down, 3 to go, wahoo:)

TamiL
06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL, I went for a walk with the dog this morning. I haven't gotten much exercise since work ended. My bus is at the back of a huge lot and I have to do alot of walking back and forth ( I consider that my exercise!). Now if I can just get into the habit of daily walks again.
Congrats Tina on your workouts!! Every little bit counts and soon you'll be doing the happy dance on the scale.
On a side note, hubby doesn't think I should continue to lose any more weight.....I think the green eyes of envy maybe at work here....Like honestly I am going to run off with one of the old guys at work, LOL LOL

TinaTiny82
06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL, I went for a walk with the dog this morning. I haven't gotten much exercise since work ended. My bus is at the back of a huge lot and I have to do alot of walking back and forth ( I consider that my exercise!). Now if I can just get into the habit of daily walks again.
Congrats Tina on your workouts!! Every little bit counts and soon you'll be doing the happy dance on the scale.
On a side note, hubby doesn't think I should continue to lose any more weight.....I think the green eyes of envy maybe at work here....Like honestly I am going to run off with one of the old guys at work, LOL LOL

Thanks! Aww, a jealous hubby...be proud of your hotness! Just assure him that ripped, obnoxious jocks and old, wrinkly men don't appeal to you, haha.

Speaking of husbands, I finally convinced my hubby to join the gym with me this morning! It was really nice riding together and working out at the same time.:D

Hello Nurse
06-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, I did drag myself off the 'puter and walked my 30 minutes last night! Small victories, but victories none the less. Tonight I have to clean horse stalls, so I will be getting plenty of exercise there. Today was day 1 of summer school, and as I expected, very quiet. Let's hope it stays that way since I am on call to 5 schools!

TinaTiny82
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, I did drag myself off the 'puter and walked my 30 minutes last night! Small victories, but victories none the less. Tonight I have to clean horse stalls, so I will be getting plenty of exercise there. Today was day 1 of summer school, and as I expected, very quiet. Let's hope it stays that way since I am on call to 5 schools!

Cleaning horse stalls? I don't envy you! But you're right, that's great exercise.

I have a meeting with my chiropractor for the first time in 2 years...ya...DON'T quit going once you feel good. I did, and now I'm in more back pain than ever. I think the exercising may be making me use muscles and stretch areas I haven't used in a long time and my back is getting the brunt of it. Ahh, sweet relief will come at 11:30am! At least a little anyway, haha.

Skinnycow
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I did my c25k again today. I lasted 18 min this time! I'm getting better.

TamiL
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Skinnycow, wow 18 min! Keep it up.

HelloNurse, good job on prying yourself from the computer. I spent years addicted to this stupid machine.

TinyTina, yes, once you stop going to the Chiroprator----you start feeling bad again! Thats the whole trick to his business.

I am still stuck at 136, I really think its because when I graduated from high school many, many, eons ago, I weighed in at 135. My body likes to be this weight even though my mind just doesn't want to accept it. I went for a walk with my dog this morning. Over a mile this time. Thats not alot but for me it seems like it, LOL On a brighter note, I am wearing my size 4 Lucky jeans and don't have much of a muffin top anymore! So all in all I am in a wonderful frame of mind today. Well except for what I did to my pathetic thinning hair last night. It went from bleached blonde all over to blonde on top and deep red underneath. I think the teenager in me just won't admit that I am in my 40's, LOL

TinaTiny82
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
TinyTina, yes, once you stop going to the Chiroprator----you start feeling bad again! Thats the whole trick to his business.

I am still stuck at 136, I really think its because when I graduated from high school many, many, eons ago, I weighed in at 135. My body likes to be this weight even though my mind just doesn't want to accept it. I went for a walk with my dog this morning. Over a mile this time. Thats not alot but for me it seems like it, LOL On a brighter note, I am wearing my size 4 Lucky jeans and don't have much of a muffin top anymore! So all in all I am in a wonderful frame of mind today. Well except for what I did to my pathetic thinning hair last night. It went from bleached blonde all over to blonde on top and deep red underneath. I think the teenager in me just won't admit that I am in my 40's, LOL

Well, my visit with the chiropractor was awesome...I feel a little sore, but I cracked all over! I have another appointment in a week. Also worked out today, my hour of cardio. I was sweaty!!!

Oh, and don't feel bad about your hair, I'm 27 (NOT a teenager either, haha) and I just put a dark blue streak underneath my bangs and all the way to my chin on one side. It's not a massive chunk, but I love doing crazy things to my hair in the summer. Plus, my friend Sharon is a hair dresser and she loves doing that kind of stuff. Although, rest assured my hair in my photo is a wig, I wore it to my bachelorette party:) I'll have to post pictures of my hairdo...you do the same! I'd love to see it!

PS. so jealous of your size 4! Wish I was at my high school weight...115...size 5. My family genes have wide hips and a generous behind, haha.

Hello Nurse
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Congrats to everyone on progress. I just realized today that I am officially obese, no longer morbidly obese! My BMI is 39, the upper limit, but hey it's going down! I am also very close to being in a size 24 pants (down from a high of 28 - blech).

I was thinking today I can't wait to get all brand new scrubs for school next year and wow everyone on the 1st day back. What better motivation than that?

TinaTiny82
06-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Congrats to everyone on progress. I just realized today that I am officially obese, no longer morbidly obese! My BMI is 39, the upper limit, but hey it's going down! I am also very close to being in a size 24 pants (down from a high of 28 - blech).

I was thinking today I can't wait to get all brand new scrubs for school next year and wow everyone on the 1st day back. What better motivation than that?

Congrats! And what better motivation for summer weight loss than new clothes for the school year....MWAHAHA!

Weigh in tomorrow gals, how ya feeling? Good? Bad?

Skinnycow
06-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Today I weighed in at 241. That's 3 down from last week!

TinaTiny82
06-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Today I weighed in at 241. That's 3 down from last week!

Fabulous!!! I'll add your stats.

I weighed in at 168.5...down 2.5 lbs!!! It feels so good to see some results. I've gone to thew gym everyday this week and did cardio for an hour and seeing these kind of results with my better eating habits is so rewarding! I'm just hoping to continue to loose from here on out. No more gaining!

Hello Nurse
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I weighed in at 271 - down 3! WooHoo! Congrats everyone on a great week!

TinaTiny82
06-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I weighed in at 271 - down 3! WooHoo! Congrats everyone on a great week!

Yippie!!! I'll update, great job!:carrot:

TamiL
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Wow great job on the losses!!

I refused to weigh today, got up and Auntie Flo had made me a visit.......I will not weigh myself during that unfortunate time of the month! Then to top it off I had no water for 5 hours today. Called the utility company and was told, "Well they should have let you know that the water was off on your street". Hmm, like those lazy bums are really gonna get out of the truck and go door to door? I used to work for this utility, I should of known better. I am not capable of polite conversation during my monthly visit.

I know this sounds awful, I can't wait for August 24th to get here. Thats when school starts and I can get back my quiet middle of the day time again. My kids and granddaughter are lovely but I just am not content to stay home with little ones all darn day....nor am I brave enough to venture out in public with all of them! Sorry had to vent, its been that kind of week here at the animal house....

TinaTiny82
06-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow great job on the losses!!

I refused to weigh today, got up and Auntie Flo had made me a visit.......I will not weigh myself during that unfortunate time of the month! Then to top it off I had no water for 5 hours today. Called the utility company and was told, "Well they should have let you know that the water was off on your street". Hmm, like those lazy bums are really gonna get out of the truck and go door to door? I used to work for this utility, I should of known better. I am not capable of polite conversation during my monthly visit.

I know this sounds awful, I can't wait for August 24th to get here. Thats when school starts and I can get back my quiet middle of the day time again. My kids and granddaughter are lovely but I just am not content to stay home with little ones all darn day....nor am I brave enough to venture out in public with all of them! Sorry had to vent, its been that kind of week here at the animal house....

Aww, I'm sorry. Aunt Flo can be a witch sometimes:devil: Don't forget to scare her off with magic beans! (That's what my sis calls her Midol...Although her Aunt Flo is a Fire Dragon and she arms herself with a "sword" and "shield":)

angelanicole23
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Hey Tina..thanks for the invite!!! I'm not a school teacher...however I'm an ECE..I teach preschool..lol. Am I still invited?! Hope so..

I haven't been on 3FC in such a long time...I reached my goal and just drifted away..which is horrible!

TamiL
06-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Just wanted to post the good news....I am down to 134 this morning!!! Aunt Flo is moving on! I am officially smaller than when I got pregnant with my first child some 26 years ago!!!

Good morning and welcome Angela! That is my oldest daughters name ;)

TinaTiny82
06-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey Tina..thanks for the invite!!! I'm not a school teacher...however I'm an ECE..I teach preschool..lol. Am I still invited?! Hope so..

I haven't been on 3FC in such a long time...I reached my goal and just drifted away..which is horrible!

Oh course! Welcome! Would you like to be added to our summer weight loss challenge? We're all trying to loose 100 lbs. total, weigh ins on Fridays. Hope to see you around! I hope this time it sticks for you:)

Just wanted to post the good news....I am down to 134 this morning!!! Aunt Flo is moving on! I am officially smaller than when I got pregnant with my first child some 26 years ago!!!
;)

WAHOO!!! That's great! Congratulations! I'll add your weight loss to our chart since you didn't weigh in on Friday (for good reasons!).

TinaTiny82
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry ladies, no loss this week for me. I've had a rough week, hopefully next week will be better:)

Skinnycow
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I didn't lose anything either. I went on a trip with my family and wasn't as careful as I should have been.

TinaTiny82
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I didn't lose anything either. I went on a trip with my family and wasn't as careful as I should have been.

All we can do is try again, right?

TamiL
06-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Forgot to weigh in this a.m. Will have to wait for tomorrow, no way can I weigh after I've eaten, LOL

On a brighter note, I've now been walking every day for about a week and a half and I feel wonderful!

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful vacation....it will be over before we know it :)

Hello Nurse
06-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I was down 2 (269). Keep plugging away, everyone! Usually when I maintain for a week I am down a good 2-4 the following week, don't give up!

TinaTiny82
06-21-2009, 08:15 AM
I was down 2 (269). Keep plugging away, everyone! Usually when I maintain for a week I am down a good 2-4 the following week, don't give up!

I'll post it, good job!

Bayleysmom
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm so glad to find this group! If there wasn't one here I was going to start one knowing there are lots of teacher's out there that are thinking the same thing I am!

Anyway, I'm Jill. I'm a 4th grade teacher in Oregon. I'm 29, been married for almost 9 years and have an almost 6 year old and a 1 year old (both girls). I've been teaching for 3 years now and got to teach 4th grade last year and LOVE it. It's my favorite by far. I had a great class this year and am actually pumped for next year, getting to tweak things, new programs etc. However, I'm trying to take advantage of this summer to get fit and flatten the tummy!

I've started a walking group with a couple other teachers from my school and we are trying to meet up M,W,F and walk the track at our school. We just started this week but no one has bailed so far ;) I also belong to a gym and try to go 3 times a week as well.

I really need to get control of my eating, that's where the problem is for me. I'm sitting here making a grocery list and getting some whole grains in the house to munch on and trying to get rid of the junk.

Well, that's enough from me. I'm going to go back and try to read about everyone so I can get to know you all. Good luck!

TamiL
06-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Welcome Jill! Sounds like a great plan you have for the summer:)

Congrats HelloNurse on 2 more pounds melted away!

I am down a pound to 133. I really think my weight loss has hit rock bottom because its sooo slow and my body has always liked this weight range. Unfortunately my mind will not accept this, LOL

In other news my son's little league team has been defying the odds and winning night after night in our tournament. When the season started in April our team was awful. Many of the boys didn't know how to hit or catch or most importantly work together as a team. Something clicked a few weeks ago with them and its been an amazing time watching them play. Too bad its gonna be 94 degrees tonight for the game :(

TinaTiny82
06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm so glad to find this group! If there wasn't one here I was going to start one knowing there are lots of teacher's out there that are thinking the same thing I am!

Welcome Jill! You and I have the same problem...food! I've been working out 4-5 days a week but can't seem to loose. I'm positive it's because my eating habits have gone down the tube the last week. Ahh well, I'll just keep trying!

I am down a pound to 133. I really think my weight loss has hit rock bottom because its sooo slow and my body has always liked this weight range. Unfortunately my mind will not accept this, LOL

In other news my son's little league team has been defying the odds and winning night after night in our tournament. When the season started in April our team was awful. Many of the boys didn't know how to hit or catch or most importantly work together as a team. Something clicked a few weeks ago with them and its been an amazing time watching them play. Too bad its gonna be 94 degrees tonight for the game :(

Yay! Good job! I'll add your progress. Oh, and congrats to your son, I hope they go all the way! Sorry about the weather...

Hello Nurse
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Welcome Jill!

Tami, congrats on your loss and on the little league team! I love baseball and will be rooting on my Tigers of LSU in the College World Series championship game TONIGHT!

Bayleysmom
06-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Well I got my 45 minutes of walking in this morning and it felt good. Right now I'm making my grocery list for grocery shopping tomorrow. Trying to be frugal and get stuff that won't make me fatter ;) Kind of hard these days, seems like the healthy food is more expensive!

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm hoping to check in here often to keep me motivated!

TinyTina, I think if I can get some good food in the house and get rid of the garbage I'll be ok. We are going camping this weekend though and I know what I do when I go camping, EAT! We'll see how that goes.

Nice job TamiL on the pound down! I know what you mean about your body liking a certain weight, my body likes the 140's A LOT. That's why my goal is to be somewhere in the low 140's. Once I get there I'll re-evaluate and see if I want to go lower. Just keep doing what you're doing, if you hit a plateau your body will eventually give in and start losing again, it's our minds that talk us out of trying!

Have a great day girls! So far so good with eating today, we'll see how it holds up!

Jill

Skinnycow
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
237! 4 lbs down.

Hello Nurse
06-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, I weighed in at 268.4, so I only lost 0.6 lbs this week. I didn't do anything radical, but just did not follow the plan as closely as I should. Gotta get off the convenience foods, LOL!

Congrats, Skinnycow, that is awesome!

TinaTiny82
06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
237! 4 lbs down.

Wow! Congrats!! I'll post...

So, I'm not at home so I can't weigh in (I'm at my parents in Ohio for a few days) but sadly I think I will stay the same as well. I just haven't put any effort in it. I need a boost!! Anyone else feel stuck?

TinaTiny82
06-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Well, I weighed in at 268.4, so I only lost 0.6 lbs this week. I didn't do anything radical, but just did not follow the plan as closely as I should. Gotta get off the convenience foods, LOL!

Congrats, Skinnycow, that is awesome!

Yay!! It's something, right? I'll post...

Bayleysmom
07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Nice job SkinnyCow, that's a big loss!

HelloNurse, 0.6 is still a loss, and almost a pound. Slow and steady wins the race, don't forget!

TinyTina, you may be at a plateau, just stick with it and your body will give in eventually!

Well I went camping this last weekend but I wasn't feeling all that well so the camp food wasn't too appealing. Since this is my first weigh in I knew I would be down quite a few pounds, water weight etc. I'm at 149.1, I'm going to round it down to 149, I'll keep track of fractional pounds later when I am not losing a lot. Which is usually what happens after I diet for awhile. Anyway, doing ok today, need to get to the gym tonight but it's dang hot here, hopefully I won't wilt before my hubby gets home to relieve me of my motherly duties so I can work out. Hope everyone has a great day. Check in more often so we can keep encouraging eachother!

TinaTiny82
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice job SkinnyCow, that's a big loss!

HelloNurse, 0.6 is still a loss, and almost a pound. Slow and steady wins the race, don't forget!

TinyTina, you may be at a plateau, just stick with it and your body will give in eventually!

Well I went camping this last weekend but I wasn't feeling all that well so the camp food wasn't too appealing. Since this is my first weigh in I knew I would be down quite a few pounds, water weight etc. I'm at 149.1, I'm going to round it down to 149, I'll keep track of fractional pounds later when I am not losing a lot. Which is usually what happens after I diet for awhile. Anyway, doing ok today, need to get to the gym tonight but it's dang hot here, hopefully I won't wilt before my hubby gets home to relieve me of my motherly duties so I can work out. Hope everyone has a great day. Check in more often so we can keep encouraging eachother!

Hello!! Sorry about the camping food, I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, haha. I could eat hot dogs off the grill all day:) (not recommended though!!) Did you start at 153?? If so, I'll add you to our weight loss goal, yay! I've actually been at my parents for the last two days, it was their 30th wedding anniversary...I hope WE make it that far! I don't believe I've lost anything, but I'll weigh in forst thing tomorrow. Time to get back on the wagon. I saw pictures of myself two years ago at my bachelorette party and I was down to 140...I looked so good!!! That's my new motivation for this week. Have a good day ladies!

Hello Nurse
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone! I am really excited about weighing in Friday. I think my 0.6 was a fluke or I was retaining water or something, because if today's number holds out...let's just say it will be a good week. I tend to go up and down, so we shall see.

On a bright note, today was the last day of summer school, so I am free until August! Lots to do, though. We put a purchase agreement on a new house and land for the critters and we have to pack. I will be busy! Hope everyone is having a great week.

Bayleysmom
07-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes TinyTina, I did start at 153. I also, have a picture of me at like 135 at my wedding and i want to be there again! The picture sits right next to my laptop so I am looking at it everytime I am on here!! I will get there again.

Can't wait for your weigh in HelloNurse, I'm sure it will be a good one!

Just for everyone's info, I'm sure you've already heard of this site but I use it to track my food and calories during the day www.thedailyplate.com it's really great and helps keep me on track. I have a hard time doing it during the school year but now that I'm home it has really helped me stay on the wagon. I've done really good since coming home from camping so I'm hoping to keep that up, even on the 4th. Good luck everyone! Stay strong during the holiday!

Skinnycow
07-03-2009, 07:36 AM
236. i only lost 1 pound

Hello Nurse
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I lost 2 pounds. I am happy because 2 lbs/week is my goal, but a little bummed because at my mid-week check in I was down 4! I was hoping for at least 3.4 to make up for falling short last week, but I am still thrilled about 2 lbs. I am getting to that point where it is hard to lost 2 per week (hence the 0.6 last week), so I am thankful for whatever I get!

Congrats Skinnycow, that is one more pound gone forever! Hope everyone else had a good week.

Michelle1210
07-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi I am not a Schoolteacher technically, I have taught Sunday school, Adult Sunday School , youth group, and young ladies ministries.

However I am the lunch lady at the highschool. and also working on me this summer.

TinaTiny82
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
236. i only lost 1 pound

I lost 2 pounds. I am happy because 2 lbs/week is my goal, but a little bummed because at my mid-week check in I was down 4! I was hoping for at least 3.4 to make up for falling short last week, but I am still thrilled about 2 lbs. I am getting to that point where it is hard to lost 2 per week (hence the 0.6 last week), so I am thankful for whatever I get!

Ladies I'm so proud of both of you!! I have been going through some rough stuff the past 3 weeks and I'm finally seeing the light. I think now that the emotional problems are being dealt with constructively I'll be able to get back on the wagon. You ladies give me hope that if you keep plugging away, we will reach our goals!

Hello Nurse, I'm so happy about your new house, etc! That's so exciting!

Hi I am not a Schoolteacher technically, I have taught Sunday school, Adult Sunday School , youth group, and young ladies ministries.

However I am the lunch lady at the highschool. and also working on me this summer.

Nice to meet you! Feel free to jump into convos anytime:)

Bayleysmom
07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Well I'm down to 147.4 so still losing which is good considering the weekend I had. Homemade ice cream and brownies AHHHHHHHH! Not much exercise at all the last week or so, I need to get back on that. Have a great week everyone!

TinaTiny82
07-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Well I'm down to 147.4 so still losing which is good considering the weekend I had. Homemade ice cream and brownies AHHHHHHHH! Not much exercise at all the last week or so, I need to get back on that. Have a great week everyone!

Wahoo! Good job! Sorry I haven't been around lately everyone, I'm hoping to be around more often. Keep up the good work!

Skinnycow
07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
234. 2 more lbs lost.

TinaTiny82
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
234. 2 more lbs lost.

That's great!! I'll post it.

So, today I started over. I had gained a few pounds back, stopped eating right, and stopped exercising for misc. reasons, but I'm going to try again! That's all we can do. I've eaten good so far, and I plan to go to the gym later this afternoon. I hope everyone is doing well:)

TamiL
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job on the weight loss front! We must keep at it :) I am down to 130 but my progress is slowing as I get smaller. No more big drops for me.

Haven't had much time to post because the kids are involved in so many things. Fortunately things will slow down when August rolls around-atleast until school starts up again. I can hardly wait!

Sending will power dust to all! Keep up the fantastic work :)

Skinnycow
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
233. I lost another pound.
We did VBS at our church this week. and for snack each day they had nachos and cheese, brownies, pizza bites, cookies, or ice cream. I resisted temptation and just drank water while my group had their snack. I am so proud of myself.

Skinnycow
07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Where is everyone? I hope you're all doing ok.
I weighed 230 today. 3 pounds down from last week.

TamiL
07-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Congrats Skinnycow! 3 lbs is great.

I am down to the upper 120's but it changes all the time so I am just gonna be happy with that. I've discovered that just about any pair of size 4 jeans fits now and even some 2's. That is like a major thing for me considering I'm 44 and not getting any younger, LOL.

I'm not sure where everyone has been, probably really busy. Hopefully we'll see some posts in the near future. On the bright side, only 4 weeks until school starts. Obviously I have kids at home :)

We just got our invitation to our annual back to school meeting for bus drivers. There is an open route at the school my kids go to. I am considering bidding for it but am not sure if I want to. Its at our South Transporation location which is farther from my home and the middle school attached to the route is a notoriously bad place to drive out of. I am a bit spoiled at the North Transportation Center and have a nice bus up here. Atleast nice for my seniority level, LOL Its a 2004 Bluebird All American. I know that doesn't mean much to non bus drivers but its much better than a 2001 International which is probably what I would get out South.

Well keep up the great work Skinnycow! You should be proud of what you've accomplished so far :)

TinaTiny82
07-26-2009, 05:46 PM
233. I lost another pound.
We did VBS at our church this week. and for snack each day they had nachos and cheese, brownies, pizza bites, cookies, or ice cream. I resisted temptation and just drank water while my group had their snack. I am so proud of myself.

Where is everyone? I hope you're all doing ok.
I weighed 230 today. 3 pounds down from last week.

YAY! Great job!! I'll post.

Congrats Skinnycow! 3 lbs is great.

I am down to the upper 120's but it changes all the time so I am just gonna be happy with that. I've discovered that just about any pair of size 4 jeans fits now and even some 2's. That is like a major thing for me considering I'm 44 and not getting any younger, LOL.

I'm not sure where everyone has been, probably really busy. Hopefully we'll see some posts in the near future. On the bright side, only 4 weeks until school starts. Obviously I have kids at home :)

We just got our invitation to our annual back to school meeting for bus drivers. There is an open route at the school my kids go to. I am considering bidding for it but am not sure if I want to. Its at our South Transporation location which is farther from my home and the middle school attached to the route is a notoriously bad place to drive out of. I am a bit spoiled at the North Transportation Center and have a nice bus up here. Atleast nice for my seniority level, LOL Its a 2004 Bluebird All American. I know that doesn't mean much to non bus drivers but its much better than a 2001 International which is probably what I would get out South.

That's so great, your weight loss I mean. You have 4 weeks till school? I only have 2 and a half...:( I am kind of excited though, perhaps the schedule will help me get out of my rut. I've been trying to think of planning lessons today and it's really got me going. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Paula
07-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I just wanted to post as a fellow teacher... I know it's probably too late to start this challenge... but wanted to say hi to you all!

I've been teaching 12 years... kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 6th. I worked summer school this summer... so only two weeks break for me.

Good luck with your challenge! If you keep a teacher challenge going through the year, please let me know!

TamiL
07-26-2009, 08:58 PM
TinyTina,

Gosh only 2 and 1/2 weeks? You start early! We are starting a week later than normal up here and of course going until June 9th next summer. Unfortunately thanks to our friend Mitch we have lost our parent teacher conference days (1/2 days for those of us who drive only middle and elementary level). Our teachers didn't lose the Professional Development days but its only a matter of time at this point. Good luck with your lesson plans, sounds like alot of work. My only lesson plan is a set of bus rules starting with #1 The Bus Driver is always Right! and #2 Any other problems, see rule #1.
Welcome Paula, its never too late to join in! Glad to have you:)

Skinnycow
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I have 6 1/2 weeks until school starts. We always start the Wednesday after labor day. We'll end either June 4th or 11th (I can't remember)

sukierd
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi! I'm Sue. I have been lurking on 3FC for a bit, but I need some accountability and this looks like just the place for me. Can I join the summer challenge? It only took me till July 11th to have a long talk with myself about what I want to look like when I go back to school in the Fall. I do not want to be the "fat" teacher. I am an elementary Special Education teacher for K-4 students with learning disabilities. I have 5 weeks till all my peers see me again and 6 weeks till school starts. I have been journaling, exercising, and counting calories for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 5.2 lbs, though most of the loss was the first week. Going with Yoda's advice right now...Do or Do not, there is no try.

TamiL
07-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Welcome Sue! Congrats on your success so far:) You can do this and it sounds like you have a great plan of action. I'm not much into counting calories or exercising much ;(, I just do a low carb approach and avoid sugar (my downfall) like the plague. Can't wait to here of your progress!

Skinnycow, wow I just looked at your ticker, you are doing absolutely fabulous! Keep at it :)

sukierd
07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Tami. I figure I need to go for it now, because when school starts I will let the stress take over, lose focus, and lose time to follow through on journaling, etc. I sound like I am making excuses already for Fall. Seriously though, my goal for the school year is just to eat in moderation and continue walking at least 30-40 minutes each day even if I break it up. Right now I am trying to walk in the morning and at night 60 minutes each time. I am going for distance rather than speed right now. I also released the carbs mostly, but still haven't been able to let go of sugar...my downfall also. I must start my morning with tea and 2 tsp. of sugar. sigh. Not a morning person.

TamiL
07-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Sue, sounds like a good steady plan to me. I understand the stress thing completely. I can hardly wait to see the smiling faces of all 70 of my middle schoolers crammed onto my bus on Aug 24th, LOL Yea Right.....
Walking is probably the best thing you can do! I walk the dog every morning, although I won't admit to more than 30 minutes at a time. Unlike you I am a morning person, but, instead of tea I drink about a 2 liter bottle of diet coke. And thats just before lunch :)

Skinnycow
08-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I lost 0 this week. I've been bouncing between 230 and 233 for a few weeks now. I really want to see 229. Maybe this will be the week.

sukierd
08-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm down 1.4, but really struggling to keep up the exercise. I keep thinking I should have lots of time right now to do it, but with four kids to run here, there, and everywhere my time slips away.

Hang in there Skinnycow, you can do it! I know 0 is a disappointment, but maintaining is great.

Skinnycow
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM
229. Down 1 pound.

sukierd
08-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Awesome Skinny Cow! You are so close to your next mini-goal! I am down another 1.2 this week. I was hoping for a little more like 2lbs per week before school starts, but I will take it.

TamiL
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Congrats Skinny Cow and Sue! Weight loss is slow but steady at times but its soooo worth the effort! I am down another pound to 127 this week. I think it may be time to try to maintain for awhile....never been good at that, LOL

TinaTiny82
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
TinyTina,
Gosh only 2 and 1/2 weeks? You start early! We are starting a week later than normal up here and of course going until June 9th next summer. Unfortunately thanks to our friend Mitch we have lost our parent teacher conference days (1/2 days for those of us who drive only middle and elementary level). Our teachers didn't lose the Professional Development days but its only a matter of time at this point. Good luck with your lesson plans, sounds like alot of work. My only lesson plan is a set of bus rules starting with #1 The Bus Driver is always Right! and #2 Any other problems, see rule #1.

Haha, ya...Actually it's been so long since I posted...I start on Thursday...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Home Alone face). But, maybe I can get on the right track weight loss wise with a new schedule. Sadly, I'm back to my starting weight.

I have 6 1/2 weeks until school starts. We always start the Wednesday after labor day. We'll end either June 4th or 11th (I can't remember)

So lucky!!!!!

229. Down 1 pound.

Oh, and congrats! I'll post!

Congrats Skinny Cow and Sue! Weight loss is slow but steady at times but its soooo worth the effort! I am down another pound to 127 this week. I think it may be time to try to maintain for awhile....never been good at that, LOL

Way to go everyone!!! Tamil I'll post your progress.

To all, I know I started this forum but you all are kicking so much but it's fabulous!! Turns out I was a lot of talk this summer, not much action to make a difference. BUT two or three of you have TOTALLY dominated this summer and I'm SO proud of you!! You give me hope that if deep down I find the will power I can make weight loss happen. To those newbies on the board, WELCOME! I'll start adding names to the ticker and once the 100 lbs. is reached we'll start a year goal, sound good?? Thanks all for being such an inspiration! I go back to school Thursday, and I'm gearing up for a healthier life this semester. Actually, I'm making my food shopping list right now! Anyone want to post their lists to give us all ideas on healthy choices??

TinaTiny82
08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Awesome Skinny Cow! You are so close to your next mini-goal! I am down another 1.2 this week. I was hoping for a little more like 2lbs per week before school starts, but I will take it.

Hey all!! Sorry for the double post but...have some awesome news!!! With Sues numbers (GREAT JOB SUE!) we are past the halfway point with 44 lbs. left to loose!! My goal is to contribute to this ticker if it kills me, haha. Have a good day all;)

Skinnycow
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
226! 3 lbs lost!

TinaTiny82
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
226! 3 lbs lost!

YESSSS!!!! Great job!!! I bet that high number feels good, haha. I'll post.

sukierd
08-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, nothing happening this week, but I'm trying to tweak my calorie intake a little.

A school year goal sounds like a good plan, Tina. Two weeks 'till I go back. Sound I'd better start planning lunch menus now. I really like buying a bag of shredded lettuce to use for the week. I'll add tuna, cukes, olives, and peas on top of it for a meal. I tend to like quick convenient at school, lunch seems to zip by so fast. I also like vegetable soup. On the side I'll take bananas, clementines, applesauce, grapes. Can you tell I need sweet fruits so I avoid chocolate? I need more ideas.

TinaTiny82
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, nothing happening this week, but I'm trying to tweak my calorie intake a little.

A school year goal sounds like a good plan, Tina. Two weeks 'till I go back. Sound I'd better start planning lunch menus now. I really like buying a bag of shredded lettuce to use for the week. I'll add tuna, cukes, olives, and peas on top of it for a meal. I tend to like quick convenient at school, lunch seems to zip by so fast. I also like vegetable soup. On the side I'll take bananas, clementines, applesauce, grapes. Can you tell I need sweet fruits so I avoid chocolate? I need more ideas.

Hey there! Clementines have been my savior on the battle against the sweets, I know what you're talking about! Although, I have to admit your salad combination is a little strange to me, haha. BUT, whatever works, yes? I usually buy the Spa Lean Cuisines because they have twice the amount of veggies and are made with 100% whole grains...so good! That or salads, but I'm with you, I love salads. So quick and easy. Greek salads are my all time fave...kalamata olives....mmmmmmmmmm.....and feta cheese. Athenos brand makes a great reduced fat feta, check it out if you like that kind of thing.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

TamiL
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Wow Skinnycow! 3 more lbs is incredible! I'll do a happy dance here for you:)

I like the idea of a school year goal since summer is like gone now, LOL My goal will be not losing weight but maintaining. I am down to my goal weight of 125 now (actually a bit lower if I weigh first thing but I am afraid to find out because hubby is on my butt about getting too thin).

We had our annual start of the school year meeting yesterday for all of our bus drivers. I had several NSVs of sorts. Since I transferred from South garage to North garage last October I hadn't seen some of the people at South since. I went up to talk to a few people and one of them honestly didn't know who I was. She looked at me and said "How do you know me?" She thought I was a new girl. Then it dawned on me, instead of the bleached blonde girl with 3 chins I am now a redhead with barely one, LOL Several people said I look really good and much younger than my almost 45 years. It was really weird but exciting as well. The difference less than a year makes is awesome!

Kalamata olives, yum! Feta cheese, double yum! Not really into the clementines, my little guy is though. I am into watermelon big time. Do you know that watermelon causes you to actually lose water weight? I never would of thought that but it really brought me out of a plateau.

Well summer is winding down up here. Most of our area school districts have started classes. Let the party begin! And lets keep this goal going all year long!

sukierd
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Congratulations Tami on moving into maintenance!! Awesome job. That must be so fun to go back to school with all your changes.

I am down another pound!

Tina, not to really gross you out but sometimes I add Feta also. Our family loves to eat Shopska salad with just cukes, peppers, olives, feta, tomatoes, and olive oil. YUM. I'll have to check out the lower fat feta as I usually by athenos.

TamiL
08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you Sue! Yes it is fun, I am so excited to see all my kids again (my bus kids-----my kids can go back to school any day now, LOL)

Woo hoo another pound! That is wonderful :)

Skinnycow
08-22-2009, 10:38 AM
224. another 2 lbs.

spitey
08-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone.
I am new to this site and I was really excited to see that there is a group for teachers. Is it too late to say hi? Here is a little bit about me.
I am going to be thirty years old on the first day of work this year (eyes filling up right now!) and I am going in to my fifth year of teaching. This year I am teaching grade 9-12 drama at a largish school in Canada. I am really nervous about this year because it will be the first time that I have taught only drama and I will be very busy with extracurriculars this year. I am slowly getting more confident though.
Here is my weight thing. I have always bounced around the scales. A couple of years ago I decided to join weight watchers as I felt that my weight was getting out of hand (I am not talking about putting on the fat clothes, I am talking about needing to buy bigger shoes because my feet were becoming to fat for my shoes...). So when I went to WW I weighed in and looked at the card (I never liked to look at scales so I had no idea what to really expect). The booklet said 210...and I thought it was my registration number. I thought maybe 180-185. I immediately burst into tears especially when I factored in my height (a TALL 5'2" thank you very much!) and saw that my ideal weight was to be between 136 and 109. How would I ever lose that much weight??? Needless to say I was devestated. I do not have a great sense of will power. I was overwhelmed for sure. So I threw myself into WW and it was great for about 6 months. I lost 30 pounds! Then it stopped. I stalled. FOR NINE MONTHS!!!! So, I threw in the towel. I couldnt afford to go every week and see nothing. So I went to my doctor who did a full screening and decided that a low carb, no sugar diet was the way to go with me as my blood sugar was a bit high. I don't know what the diet is called as I do not count carbs or whatever. All I eat are nuts, veggies (no root veg or corn except for raw carrots), small amounts of blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, unprocessed meats, high fat yogurt, and huge amounts of cheese and lots of water or other sugar fee drinks. I dropped 9 pounds in a long weekend! I am guessing I was retaining a huge amount of water...so far I have lost 20 lbs (in a couple of months which is good)! Unfortunately Summer came and the routine went out the window. I travelled to my home province for a while which is not known for healthy eating and of course being home, I wanted to eat all the things that I couldn't get where I am living now. I also stood at a wedding which meant going out a lot and eating a lot. Anyhow, I got home and found that I kept making excuses as to why I couldn't get back on track...so I gained 10 pounds. I started again this week and I was doing fantastic, until I started to paint a room with a friend who came with a Tim Horton's French Vanilla (I don't know if there are any Canadians here who can feel my pain on this one) which contains more sugar than a gallon of cola and a chocolate bar. With that I continued on to McDonald's, onion rings, chips, cola, and a chocolate bar...So I am going to try it again today.

So I have 50 (well 40 but I don't want to dwell on the setback) pounds gone and 35 more to go and would love to have a group of teachers (who know what our schedules and our cafeterias are like!) to bounce ideas off of and get support from. Is there any way that this group can continue during the school year (since many of you are already back in the classroom)?
Sorry for the long intro but I got a little excited seeing a teacher forum.

Thanks!

canadia
08-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Can I join you ladies? I only have a few weeks before school lets in, and I'd like to drop another 2-3 lbs.

My name's Erin. I teach English as a foreign language just outside of Busan, South Korea for grades 6-9. This is my first year teaching kids; normally I teach university students. I have a degree in Medieval History, but somehow I found myself becoming an English teacher. :D

sukierd
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome, Spitey and Canadia! I'm fairly new to this thread myself. We did agree back on page 7 we would keep this going right through the school year! That is when it will really be challenging for me. I don't do well with stress and eating healthy, so that is a goal of mine. I teach special education RK-4th. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, but I absolutely love the kids.

Skinnycow, you are doing amazing!!!!!

Let's hear some more ideas for healthy lunches we can pack for school.

Skinnycow
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Didn't lose anything this week. Still at 224. I'm so close to being only over-weight and not obese!

TamiL
08-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome Spitey and Canadia, you will find much support here!

sukierd
08-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Skinnycow....I was just looking at the bmi calculator myself. I am down another 1 1/2 lbs and in one more pound I will be overweight instead of obese.
Can't wait. Keep up the motivation....we can both be their by next week!

How's maintenance Tami?

TamiL
08-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Skinnycow....I was just looking at the bmi calculator myself. I am down another 1 1/2 lbs and in one more pound I will be overweight instead of obese.
Can't wait. Keep up the motivation....we can both be their by next week!

How's maintenance Tami?

That is awesome!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Maintenance isn't going so well for me. School started this week and with it my stress level is through the roof. That means literally, I do not eat unless forced to. I'm weird like that. Hubby said I am too anxious and should slow down for 5 minutes and make myself eat something. He is in worry mode, LOL

Yesterday I had a fight on the bus between 2 girls. I pulled into the middle of a very busy 4 lane road. One of the girls was down in the back with blood on her face screaming that she needed an ambulance. The other girl was coming at me screaming about the other girl. 60 or so other middle schoolers were in the midst of the chaos. I yelled until they sat down so I could get to the injured girl. I am not a medic, only a mother. I called my dispatcher and told him that I needed an ambulance and mobile units at the scene. It took a good 10 minutes before any help arrived. My bus was pretty calm for most of this time since I had calmed down one of the girls and moved her to the front. The ambulance came, the girl was taken off.......nothing was broken, thank goodness. The police units arrived along with our local transportation enforcer and both girls were escorted to juvee in hand cuffs and squad cars. One of the girls told me that she had just recently gotten out of "Lock Up". So a new year, not much different from the last, begins.

To add insult to injury here, a man pulled up across the street with a camera and began taking pictures of the scene. School officials talked to him so hopefully this will not make the news. Generally it does anyways, then the public will start the negative comments about how bad the public schools are. In reality it has nothing to do with the quality of the schools, its the quality of the home situation.......parents really need to be parents again!! Spare the rod, spoil the child.......now we are reaping what we have sown.

Sorry for the downer story, I just had to get this off my chest.....

sukierd
08-29-2009, 08:46 AM
{{{Tami}}} Whoa! Way too much stress. I'm so sorry. You hang in there and take care of yourself first! I'm sure that is what your hubby is saying.

TamiL
08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Sue, yes I think you are right. I never realized the amount of stress I am under because normally I just take things in stride. I am leaving this route on Thursday as I was the successful bidder on a route that includes my childrens home school. From what I hear the middle school attached to the new route is even worse than the one I'm leaving. At least I have experience now, LOL

Skinnycow
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
School starts this Wednesday. I'm kind of looking forward to having a schedule again. The past couple of weeks I've been eating junk. I was out of town to visit family and go to a wedding. Now I'm back on track and was able to start losing again.

sacha
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow, I didn't know this thread existed. I am a newly certified (adult) ESL teacher. My registration with Canada's ESL regulating board is taking it's sweet time and I won't be able to teach again until November. Frustrating since it has taken 7 years part-time for my degree and practicum!

Maybe I'll sneak in somewhere at the January hiring.

spitey
09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I started work again last week and I got right back on to my diet...then the weekend hit...HELP!!! Is anyone else in the same boat as me? If so, what is keeping you from sabotaging your efforts on the weekend?

Skinnycow
09-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I hope everyone's year is going well. Mine started off great, but this week has been pretty bad. I found out this week that I have gallstones and need to have surgery. I know a few people that have been through this and they said that it was easy, but I'm still pretty nervous. At least I'm able to get out of jury duty next month.

sukierd
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
My school year is starting off busy as usual. Finding it hard to fit in the exercise, cause I just want to relax after I get home, take care of kids, fix supper, supervise homework, dishes/laundry, ha, ha, ha.

Skinnycow, I felt 100% better after I had my gallbladder out. It was fairly quick, home the same day. I recuperated during a spring break...nice vacation. :dizzy:

TinaTiny82
09-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Way to go gals, I updated the weight loss ticker.

Seems like there's a lot going on here! I'll add my own 2 cents....We just finished our first six week grading period and it feels pretty good. Drama at home, but life happens I suppose. I was down at the beginning of the week but high at the end. In all honesty though, I only committed halfway. I have a hard time sticking to it when problems strike...food is my comfort. I just have to find a way for comfort food to be healthy!

TamiL
09-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Still losing here without intending too. I bought a pair of corduroys in a size 16 from the little girls section yesterday. They are a bit big. The school year here is already 1/2 way through the first grading period. Boy time flies.

I started a new route a few weeks ago. Now I drive for my own kids school. They are both on my pm run but I am going to take them off and put them back on the original route. The other kids on my bus are just a bit too under supervised at home. They throw things at cars, cuss and fight all the time. I'm amazed that kids in the elementary grades can be this ill behaved. I expect this more so from my middle schoolers (and rarely am I disappointed). Other than that, I actually like this route, except for the fact that I lost my nice bus when I transferred to South garage and now will get a really old rent a wreck until I have enough seniority to bid a better one. Oh well, life goes on.....atleast I still have a job.

I hope everyone is doing well in reaching your goals! Sending fairy dust to all!

Skinnycow
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I had my surgery last Thursday. My back is killing me and I am getting really bad heartburn, but it's getting better every day. Tomorrow will be my first full day back at work. I hope everyone's having a good year.

canadia
10-15-2009, 02:01 AM
I recently found that walking at least one way to or from school (~2 km) really works for me. I've lost 5 lbs in the last month doing this. But I have to say, it's hard resisting all the bakeries on the same street as my school!

Air81
10-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Hey Everyone! I teach first here in Phoenix and am taking four grad classes! My goal is to be done by summer (headed to Africa to visit bf). Need some accountability!