Old 05-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/260/below 200

Height: 5'8

Default Slim 4 Life- Looking for a buddy/buddies for support!

Good afternoon, everyone!

This is day one of my Slim 4 Life journey. I've fallen off the wagon before (after losing approx 40lbs.. unfortunately i've gained about 20 of it back) but am back on and ready to shed some of these unwanted pounds I've been carrying for over two decades now.

Like I said earlier, i've been on the Slim 4 Life program before and had success. It is very stringent and sometimes hard to stick to for me. I get so tired of the lettuce/tomatoes/grilled chicken act I could scream and the three day prep (that i started today, wish me luck..) absolutely turns my stomach. You might be wondering why I'm doing this if I'm so unhappy with the food choices.. well, it works! If i can get past the first few days I'll be fine.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/recipes?

Motivation and inspiration always welcome
elibowm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  

I'm looking for support buddies too! Here is a recipe I use for instant energy:

1/2 bag of spinach
6 apples, peeled and cored and chopped
2 C. water

Combine all in a food processor or a really hi speed blender, and blend til smooth. It tastes like apple juice, no spinach flavor at all, and one cup a day of this gives me enough energy to go all day without feeling sleepy or getting run down.
PatinGA is offline   Reply With Quote